fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

How do you replace fuser unit on Brother MFC-8440?

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

How do you replace fuser unit on Brother MFC-8440? by buhlly88 (10/17/06 6:44 PM) reply + / -
I have a fuser that went bad on my Brother MFC-8440. Does anyone know how to get the fuser out?
Thanks
John

Re: How do you replace fuser unit on Brother MFC-8440? by moe (10/17/06 9:43 PM) reply + / -
Best way is crowbar and sledgehammer. Seriously, Brother MFCs were not designed for DIY repair.

Re: How do you replace fuser unit on Brother MFC-8440? by Anonymous (2/6/07 10:07 PM) reply + / -
Actually it is not that difficult if you can find the part. There are some screws in the back of the which need to be taken out, a couple of plastic side panels, a couple of cable harnesses on each side, unseating the communication assembly and then it pulls out the back.

I just took mine out and cleaned it to remove debris from my son's attempt at printing on a transparancy (the plastic melted to the fuser). I had never done it before and I was successful.

Just take your time and don't force anything.

Re: How do you replace fuser unit on Brother MFC-8440? by hpwizard (2/7/07 4:49 AM) reply + / -
It's not easy the first time but having had to do it quite a few times now it's not too bad. A pain in the butt & time consuming but as long as you remember the order of taking it apart you should be ok if you are at all tech minded. The scanner unit slides forward (or back, can't remember off hand) once you have removed the cables & screws. Slides an inch or so then you can lift off. By the way 99% of the time it is only the thermistor which goes on these fusers! Cheaper than a whole new unit!

Good Luck!

Dazz UK

Re: How do you replace fuser unit on Brother MFC-8440? by johnpb (4/29/07 8:40 AM) reply + / -
the fuser is behind back door first remove screw at bottem of door in middle pull part out part which is at bottem of door open door tilt down until you can take it off pins dont break pins you will see 4 screws remove take off the two parts metal part with phone plugs has two screws next pull out slowly still connected behind that roller across inside is part of fuser you have wire connections one each side and one screw on each side

Re: Re: How do you replace fuser unit on Brother M by anonymous (11/14/07 2:23 PM) reply + / -
actually the parts are easy to find.

1-877-276-8437 xt 2190
http://www.broteksa.co.za/Partslist/MFC8440PL_d.pdf
The above link is a link to the parts diagrams.
The service manual is not readily available. I have found a source for a cd for 39.90 that has it on it.
My fuser is making a ratcheting sound. Parts guys say it is usually
the gear. LJ7416001 . They can't tell you how to take it out.

Re: Re: How do you replace fuser unit on Brother MFC-8440? by Anonymous (12/10/07 1:58 PM) reply + / -
Thanks so much for your information. I had a piece of paper get jammed up behind the fuser and could not figure out how to get it out. With your help we were able to get it out where we had more leverage to get the paper out. Thanks so much!!!!

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters