fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

hp officejet 7410 scan problem

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

hp officejet 7410 scan problem by rolo (9/12/06 12:51 PM) reply + / -
I have an officejet 7410 that copies from glass o.k but when i copie from feeder it makes loud noise and gives scanner error. has anyone seen this problem?

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by darost (10/30/06 3:38 PM) reply + / -
Sounds similar to a problem I'm having, except that my feeder doesn't make any noise at all. Have spoken with HP service, they seemed helpful and they sold me a new paper feed tray! (no online catalogue of parts, so they were working blind).
I've since looked myself and disassembled the unit, and the feeder has a gear train of plastic gears mounted on moulded plastic spindles. Well, one of the spindles has sheared off. I managed to glue it and put it back together long enough to prove that this was the problem, as the feeder worked long enough to feed 3 sheets!
If HP do stock spares, which I think is doubtful, the whole sub-assembly seems to have a code of MY5567209N. I will try this tomorrow, else I have two options:
- don't use the feeder assembly for copying
- drill and screw the pillar into place and hope - finally a real excuse to buy a Dremel!
I would guess you have a crunch in your gear train assembly. You may fancy investigating (hint - take photos before disassembling) you may be lucky enough to be able to clean up the gears if they are burred, or you might have a staple lurking in there.
Bottom line - comsumer plastic engineering at its most disposable. These units are built to work until the end of their warranty and a not too embarrassing period afterwards. HP used to stand for quality, but it seems to be spelt with a 'K' these days!

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by pjmca (12/28/06 3:14 PM) reply + / -
I've got a hp 7410 with a different kind of scanning and copying proble. I bought it used, and before even hooking it up to my PC I was getting a "scanner failure" message. After several hours of fruitless contact with hp techs, I did several semi-full resets (#6) and then a full reset (# 9). The scanner failure message went away and it prints fine, but scanning or copying I get only solid black images from the ADF and about 80% solid black images from the flatbed. The other 20% of the image looks fine. I've had a couple guys tell me that it sounds like a bad main logic board. Any idea wher to get one? Of course HP is of no help whatsoever. Thanks.

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by Anonymous (4/16/07 5:25 PM) reply + / -
I have the same officejet 7410 with the very same problem. The feeder does not work as well. it makes the same loud sound and keep having to reboot the printer. I dont think I had this printer over a year. I'am looking to find my receipt. I Think I might of purchase the extended warranty. if not I might be on my own. I dont know if the Manufacture will help me.

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by troy... (4/27/07 4:00 PM) reply + / -
Did anyone find a solution? Same problem here, I scan, it prints, then the scanner head wont go back in place and it beeps with the same error msg.

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by Anonymous (5/6/07 6:44 PM) reply + / -
Just bought this heap of plastic three months ago. Can't use the document feeder to print. It grabs the first sheet halfway, then a LOUD bang! Then the "scanner failure" appears. I cleaned the roller heads with no success.

Also, can't scan at all. Whenever I try, the message on the printer is the software is not installed, but when I check my laptop, it is pile of junk is recognized and driver is installed.

HELP!

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by Anonymous (7/27/07 8:52 PM) reply + / -
Well, I just joined the club of disgusted HP Officejet 7410 All-In-One users - lucky me.

I purchased the unit exactly 2 yrs & 2 months ago. Upon trying to send a fax a couple of days ago I got the Scanner Failure Error.

I contacted HP Customer Care (three times before I connected with a representative whose spoken English was understandable), described my situation, and said I was interested in having my machine repaired – oh ya, and advised I did not purchase an extended warranty.

The representative gave a well-rehearsed and authoritative, however completely irrelevant response to my request for repair. He stated if the Scanner Failure Error problem were a software issue a technician could work on it over the phone, but the unit’s problem was mechanical – a diagnosis that took less than one minute to deliver.

The representative wasted no time and with the determination of a used car salesman promoted and described in detail the features of a “beautiful printer” he could replace my crippled and useless unit with for only $225.00. Hmmm, bait with the guise of a “beautiful replacement" and then flip it into a sale. Wow, I finally have had my first opportunity to experience the world class HP Customer “Care.” I sure am happy I recently purchased that HP Pavilion notebook!

I informed the representative I paid $450 for the unit and expected it to last longer, and, that I never purchase extended warranties because part of my purchase decision is based on quality expectations. Since when did it become accepted protocol for the consumer to be burdened with specific additional cost in order to insure the quality of any product? In my book it is up to the manufacturer to deliver a quality product!

The representative offered to send me to a phone technician for a diagnosis – hmmm. I asked to speak with a supervisor and he said there was no supervisor. I repeated my desire to have the unit repaired and he suggested I seek out a local service provider to which I suggested it was HP responsibility to back their product and not the burden of the consumer. Long story short, he thanked me for my call and hung up on me.

My response to this situation is to vote with my dollars and not purchase another HP product. HP sucks.

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by anonymouse (10/7/07 2:13 PM) reply + / -
I have the same problem as those listed above. Everything worked fine until I hit 1 year and 3 months of ownership. Then I got the dreaded "Scanner Failure" message. When trying to fax or scan with the feeder, the paper will feed about 20% in and then you'll hear a violent whirring sound from the printer.

I contacted support and of course I got the same useless replies like the others. I will never buy another HP product.

Re: Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by Anonymous (11/3/07 7:13 AM) reply + / -
I am expereicne the same problem. Load noise than a scanner error. I found out that the little spokes in the scanner headlook worn so the plastic band with the teeth are slipping inside the scanner head.

Any ideas where I can get a scanner head?

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by kofi amoah (11/16/07 6:47 AM) reply + / -
it cant scan ( keep showing error)

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by darrencch (4/30/08 9:16 PM) reply + / -
the whizzzzz noise is caused by the scanner belt slipping due to ware on the teeth ,however only the thrust side/end gets worn ,the ldle side can be moved by 180 deg to put the unused teeth it in the position that will make the printer fully operational until they are worn, HP do not have any spareparts and this belt would cost around $15 if you could get one it is also used in ofer printers

Re: Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by Marino (5/21/08 6:25 PM) reply + / -
Just get on the HP Live Chat, just tell them that the spring on the Black cartridge broke and you get the error message "Re-install Black Ink Cartridge", after several attempts he/she (HP Tech Support) tries to help you with these solutions, give a minute for each solution, so they think your actually doing it, also make sure that you tell them, you spoke with several people that have the same model and problem, they were given a new replacement printer, HP Officejet 7310 or 7410. Be persistent, they'll give you one at no charge, they did for me !! Gotta beat their system some how !!
Good Luck !!

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by golferjer (5/22/08 8:31 PM) reply + / -
Same problem with the feeder tray. Original goes in about 20% and then a high pitched sound of slipping gears followed by a scanner error. Copying from the glass as well as scanning and faxing works fine if you don't use the automatic feeder. Great piece of crap HP made and their service via India is even worse. This unit, for the price I paid should have lasted longer and certainly should be repairable. No parts are offered and no one will service it, not even HP. The Owner's manual should state that it is a "throw away" machine when a part fails. I'll never buy anything ever again with the HP logo.

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by pjmca (5/22/08 8:40 PM) reply + / -
Anyone out there want to buy a complete HP 7410 cheap for parts, including a large capacity feeder tray? If not does anyone want to SELL or DONATE their broken unit so I can repair mine. I need a main board, which of course is unavailable.
- paul

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by Ron Cimo (5/23/08 7:54 AM) reply + / -
I can use one for parts. My scanner gear is broken...

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by moe (5/23/08 8:05 AM) reply + / -
I have a parts 7410. I think the main board on it is good. Click on my name to email me. Can you get the unit apart and back together again? It's not easy.

Re: Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by Anonymous (5/23/08 9:20 AM) reply + / -
Yes. I have already taken it apart. the teeth on the gear where the belt slips through the scanner piece is stripped so the scanner does not move but the belt does. Would you send parts or teh whole printer?

Thanks!

Ron

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by tracker54 (5/31/08 4:20 PM) reply + / -
I had the same whirling noise replace the motor and it fixed the problem. The Tech guys wanted like $100.00 dollors but it was easy to do and only cost me $25.00

Re: Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by Anonymous (6/3/08 7:01 AM) reply + / -
Where did you get the parts to fix your scanner?

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by tracker54 (6/3/08 7:19 AM) reply + / -
Their Email address is I4FInc@gmail.com. I attached a picture of the part I needed to insure I would receive the correct one.

Re: Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by Anonymous (6/3/08 9:11 AM) reply + / -
Thanks,
Could you send a copy of the picture to my email cjheberer@yahoo.com so I know what to look for when I get it apart?

Re: Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by richm00 (8/7/08 4:24 PM) reply + / -
darrencch, can you describe how to move the belt 180 degrees?

Thanks

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by tracker54 (8/7/08 4:53 PM) reply + / -
What parts do you need. I have a parts 7410.

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by richm00 (8/11/08 4:29 PM) reply + / -
tracker54,

Not sure if you were replying to me or not. I am not sure what parts I would need. I am experiencing the same issue as many of the others with the slipping gears followed by a scanner error. This happens any time I use the ADF or if I use the glass and make multiple copies. A single copy works fine and the printer is also fine.

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by tracker54 (8/12/08 7:20 PM) reply + / -
Does it make a whirling noise when you make mutiple copies or use the adf. If so mine needed a new motor, which I replaced and now it works perfectly.

If I remember correctly it cost me $25.00 plus $5.00 for shipping for a replacement motor. Since I did not have an account with the people I had to pay for it in advance, but received it shortly after. Their email address is I4Finc@gmail.com.

Hope this helps

Tracker54

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by richm00 (8/13/08 10:05 AM) reply + / -
That sounds like what I have been getting, I will check with them, thank you.

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by richm00 (8/15/08 10:43 AM) reply + / -
tracker54, I have contacted them and they will have the part in a few weeks. You mention it is an easy fix. How easy? I cannot find any maintenance manuals that show this type of fix.

Thanks.

Re: Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by Anonymous (9/3/08 12:20 PM) reply + / -
I have the scan problem too, but I've given up,What I really need is a new paper tray feeder that holds the paper, because the 2 little tabs broke off and also the bottom second paper holder where the prints come out becase that tab broke off also.

Re: Re: Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by Anonymous (9/3/08 12:23 PM) reply + / -
ok, I sent the above email and I see my info does not appear.thanks,abbe abbeschumann@comcast.net

Parts by emepe (9/18/08 7:31 PM) reply + / -
Hi,
The main board broke on my printer. It is so frustrating since it was working perfectly!!! I finally decided to buy a new one.
My 7410 is apart for sale, so if you want any part, send me an email !
Thanks!
emepe22@gmail.com

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by richm00 (10/1/08 12:05 PM) reply + / -
Just a follow up to my problem with the ADF and the inability to make multiple copies or use the scanner and document feeder. I purchased the new motor just as tracker54 did from I4FInc@gmail.com and my printer is working like new after about a 20 minute fix. I am not an engineer and it was easy for me so if anyone else is having this issue I recommend the fix.

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by Dave65 (12/17/08 7:58 PM) reply + / -
Does anyone still happen to have a 7410 around for parts? Mine stopped feeding paper from the top tray. There is a gear assembly on the left side of the paper feed that I need. As much as this printer cost it should have lasted longer then it did.

Thanks,
Dave

Re: Parts by emepe (12/18/08 6:21 AM) reply + / -
Sorry, I trash everything!

Re: Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by tracker54 (12/18/08 9:39 AM) reply + / -
Email the following parts store and they will have your part. Best thing is send them a picture of the part you need.

TrackeR54

Perfect Printer Parts
perfectprinterparts@gmail.com

Re: Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by Anonymous (12/18/08 9:51 AM) reply + / -
Hi Dave,
I still have a complete 7410 in my garage with a bad main board. The only trick is shipping. I'm in Dallas - where are you? If you want to pay shipping plus $30. I'll send the whole unit to you. (Last I checked it printed great but wouldn't scan or make copies due to the main board.)
- Paul

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by Anonymous (12/20/08 11:30 AM) reply + / -
I emailed I4FInc@gmail.com and never got a response.

Contacting I4F Inc by tracker54 (12/20/08 3:56 PM) reply + / -
I check our emails and there are no unanswered emails. I do not know why your email did not get to us. You can try to contact us at perfectprinterparts@gmail.com or i4finc@gmail.com.

Michael
Perfect Printer Parts

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by sandwedge (12/23/08 2:45 AM) reply + / -
I have been having all the same problems, Whirring, failing to scan and/or send a fax. I was also getting error messages when trying to scan saying the scanner was not connected. Last night I pulled the power plug and the telephone plug and left it off overnight. I cleaned the top of the glass and turned it on again this morning.. Hey Presto... Its working.

Feeder tray tabs on HP 7410 by Anonymous (1/10/09 7:52 AM) reply + / -
Did you ever find out where to find a new feeder tray? I broke one of the two tabs over Christmas on the feeder tray and I tried using a couple different adhesives to no avail.

So I guess I have to buy an entire new feeder tray.

What did you ultimately do? And may I ask how much?

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by tracker54 (1/10/09 10:03 AM) reply + / -
The tray you are referring to is call the Automatic Document Feeder Tray. The Trays is $24.99 plus $4.80 for priority mail. If interested contact perfectprinterparts@gmail.com

TrackeR

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by Anonymous (5/12/09 8:36 PM) reply + / -
when scanning or faxing from the top feeder, if the paper slips or gets jammed. open the lid on the left top side and look for a blue roller, get a Q tip with alchol (damp) and rub back and forth till you get all the ink off, it might take 3 to 4 Q tips, take a dry one and do the same. it should work properly after that to feed the paper through the top, hope it works for you

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by Anonymous (5/19/09 10:59 AM) reply + / -
Here is a fix that worked for me: I was getting scanner failure messages after a loud whizz noise when trying to copy or scan from the document feeder (using flat bed worked fine).
From what I have read here, the whiz sound is from "the scanner belt slipping due to ware on the teeth." Moving it down the guide rod and thus an area of the belt that is not worn seems to have fixed the problem for me. I am scanning from the automatic document feeder as I type this!!!

I removed the top of the printer using T8 screwdriver (some screws are under the buttons panel, that panel snaps off easily). Rotated the top of the printer to access the scanner bed under the glass. Lifted the scanner head off the guide rod--it was easy. Moved it to the other end of the guide rod and put it back on. Took a little coaxing to get the belt back on. Put everything back together. Took me about 10 minutes.

If you want to try this, you will need a T8 screwdriver (precision screwdriver--it needs to be narrow so it will fit down into some of the screw holes) and a small flashlight is also handy for this job.

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by Mattya (6/4/09 10:24 AM) reply + / -
I am not having the world of troubles the rest of you have had yet. Definitely loud but everything still working except having a problem with the scan. When I try to open up HP viewer and scan I get the following error message: An error occurred communicating wiht the scanning device. Please ensure the scanning device is connected properly and try gain.

I know the device is working because I can print copy, etc. When I hit the start scan button it will not let me do anything because ihave no scan options -- I need to install or run HP software for this feature. HP drivers are all up to date and installed.

Can anyone assist?

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by Wolves01 (6/8/09 12:01 PM) reply + / -
I'm having the scanner failure and whirring noise. I tried moving the head to a different part of the belt, but that didn't fix things. What I find interesting is that I can scan and make copies from the flatbed, but I get the whirring noise when trying to fax from either the document feeder or the flatbed. Anyone had a similar issue?

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by tracker54 (6/8/09 12:15 PM) reply + / -
This is a common problem with the HP 7410 printers. The reason it works from the glass is that the scanner assembly does not travel all the way to the left as it does when using the ADF Tray. This problem occurs when faxing and scanning. Since you have already taken the printer apart you know this is about a 15 minute fix.

The wirling noise is caused by the scanner motor assembly going bad. I do have the motor assembly in stock. They are $24.95 plus $4.80 for priority mailing. If you are interested in purchasing this part you can either paypal to perfectprinterparts@gmail.com or make payment to the following address:

Michael Dickerson
101 Covington Cv SE
Winter Haven, FL 33880

Michael
Perfect Printer Parts

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by Wolves01 (6/8/09 1:05 PM) reply + / -
Thanks for the info Michael. I guess what I don't understand, is that in my case, I cant fax from the glass either. I can scan and copy from the glass, but not fax. Would the motor most likely fix this problem?

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by tracker54 (6/8/09 2:35 PM) reply + / -
I know it fixes the whirling problem. If you can scan from the glass and not fax from the glass then most likely it is not a printer problem but a setup problem. The scan and copy use the same hardware within the printer. Also note that the motor itself does not cause the problem. The actual problem I believe is in the circuit board. That is why I mentioned the scanner motor "ASSEMBLY".

I still believe if you fix the problem with the motor assembly that it will correct both the problems. If not I will help you get the printer running as new.

Michael
Perfect Printer Parts

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by Anonymous (6/9/09 5:38 PM) reply + / -
I am not having the world of troubles the rest of you have had yet. Definitely loud but everything still working except having a problem with the scan. When I try to open up HP viewer and scan I get the following error message: An error occurred communicating wiht the scanning device. Please ensure the scanning device is connected properly and try gain.

I know the device is working because I can print copy, etc. When I hit the start scan button it will not let me do anything because ihave no scan options -- I need to install or run HP software for this feature. HP drivers are all up to date and installed.

Can anyone assist?

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by tracker54 (6/9/09 8:15 PM) reply + / -
Try downloading up to date drivers from the following link:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com

All either download hp solution center software or install from disk.

With this software you can control the operation of the printer from the computer screen. Much easier.

Michael
Perfect Printer Parts

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by wolves01 (6/11/09 7:36 PM) reply + / -
Michael, I just received and installed my part. Both problems solved. Thank You! Gary

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by tracker54 (6/11/09 8:52 PM) reply + / -
Glad to here it.

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by rrmtz (9/3/09 2:24 PM) reply + / -
I had the problem (HP 7410) with the whirling after partial loading of the paper in the ADF. I ordered the motor assembly from Perfect Printer and installed it myself. A little tricky getting the belt back on, and then you have to do a partial reset. Works beautifully.
Thanks, Michael.
rrmtz

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by mikezoomer (9/10/09 6:31 PM) reply + / -
When replacing the motor put ever thing together prior to installing putting the screw in that hold the motor. Much easier.

Michael
Perfect Printer Parts

Re: Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by Anonymous (9/30/09 10:00 PM) reply + / -
Hi Michael,

Do you still have this motor assembly? I would like to try this replacement. Is there a diagram to show how to replace it?

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by tracker54 (10/1/09 2:17 PM) reply + / -
Yes the motors are still available. They are $24.95 plus $4.95 for priority shipping.

Payment can be made by using PayPal account perfectprinterparts@gmail.com or by mailing to the following address.

Michael Dickerson
101 Covington Cv SE
Winter Haven, Florida 33880

If payment is mailed please insure to notify us at perfectprinterparts@gmail.com

Thank you,
Michael

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by Paul1906 (10/17/09 1:19 PM) reply + / -
Do you guys still have that motor part?

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by tracker54 (10/17/09 2:40 PM) reply + / -
Yes ... See above for ordering information.

Michael
Perfect Printer Parts

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by jelliott (12/22/09 2:48 AM) reply + / -
I have the 'whirring noise' problem when trying to use the ADF on my 7310. Would like to fix it if possible as otherwise it has been a good printer.

Is this motor part the same for a 7310, and would you ship to the UK? If not, do you by any chance know of a possible source this side of the pond?

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by tracker54 (12/22/09 9:25 AM) reply + / -
Shipping to the UK is $17.30.

Michael
Perfect Printer Parts

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by casey2131 (1/11/10 7:00 PM) reply + / -
Hi all, my 7410 all in one says i need to run HP software to scan. Everything else seem to work ok. I down loaded the drivers from the hp web site. Any advise. Thanks

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by mikezoomer (1/11/10 7:36 PM) reply + / -
This is the wrong forum for your problem. Download the HP Solution Center from this web site and use it to scan from the printer.

http://hp-solution-center.software.informer.com/

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by mikezoomer (2/12/10 6:36 PM) reply + / -
How to change the motor assembly for a HP 7210 7310 and 7410 printers:

First you have to remove the lite gray trim from the top back of the printer. Stand behind the printer and pull the top of the trim towards you.

Once the trim is removed disconnect the brown wire and the large pin assembly coming from the scanner section to the ADF Assembly. Lift and remove the top of the printer.

Using a T10 screw driver or a flathead screwdriver that fits firm remove all visible screws.

Facing the printer there is a small piece of plastic and glass. Take you screw driver and lift this up using the screw hole.

As requested here are the instructions for changing the motor assembly that I shipped to you.

Michael
Perfect Printer Parts

Now there should be two more screws to remove.

Standing facing the printer take the top of the control panel and pull it towards you. It will snap out exposing two more screws to remove.

Once all the screws are remove lift up on the glass and trim to expose the scanner and motor assemblies.

Remove the two screws hold the motor in place. Remove the scanner assembly from the belt and guide.

Lift up the steel rod and remove the belt by pushing down on the spring at the other end from the motor.

Now you need to reverse the instruction to put it back together.

Note: It is much easier to put the scanner assembly together and align the belt to the bottom of the scanner prior to screwing in the screws for the Motor Assembly.

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by Anonymous (2/17/10 4:01 PM) reply + / -
I'm only having the problems with the scanner. It scans the whole page but only prints 20% on the page, the rest of the page is dark black for 2 inches, then the rest is dark gray/black. Wasting ink. Anyone know a fix or have a working mainboard? Got a board tracker54?

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by tracker54 (2/17/10 4:27 PM) reply + / -
This is a new problem I have not run across.

Do a couple of test for me. Scan reducing the size and increasing. This should tell us if it is mechanical or electrical.
If it is mechanical then the problem should always start at the same point. If it is electrical then you should get the same result but either bigger or smaller.

Also try doing both from the glass and tray.

During the scanning process lift the top and see if the light stays on all the way across.

Let me know the results.

Michael
Perfect Printer Parts

Re: Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by Anonymous (3/5/10 6:49 PM) reply + / -
Hi Michael,

If I were to purchase the motor assembly from you, how do I put it in the printer? And what about the belt everyone else is talking about? Can you send a diagram or describe how this motor is replaced and where it's located? Thanks.

Suzanne

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by tracker54 (3/5/10 7:11 PM) reply + / -
Susan,

I is fairly easy to install the motor. It normally take 20-30 minutes. Once you purchase the part I can provide you instructions on changing the motor.

Right now I am out of the motors and they are on back order.

I can notify you when they come in.

Michael

Re: Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by Anonymous (3/9/10 11:26 AM) reply + / -
Thanks Michael. I'll wait to hear from you. I also wanted to update you on what I discovered yesterday while trying to make a copy. The printer made a copy of a page I laid down on the flatbed. But when I tried afterwards to enlarge and darken the print on the page from the menu screen, the same thing happened as when we try to feed a page through the document feeder. I heard that scary whirring sound, then got that frustrating message: Scanner Failure! The printer simply can't scan at all. Does your motor fix all the scanning problems?
I called HP last week and got nowhere with them. They said the "bulb" and I think "module" were damaged and couldn't be fixed -- that I'd have to buy a new printer. Then they went on to recommend different models -- which by the way I could find much cheaper at Amazon and other reputable place online. What a racket they have going!! Do you think this problem is only with their 7410 model, or can it happen with their other printer? I used to swear by their printers, but now I'm seriously checking into other brands if these issues can't be fixed.

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by Anonymous (3/9/10 11:33 AM) reply + / -
Thanks Michael. I'll wait to hear from you. I also wanted to update you on what I discovered yesterday while trying to make a copy. The printer made a copy of a page I laid down on the flatbed. But when I tried afterwards to enlarge and darken the print on the page from the menu screen, the same thing happened as when we try to feed a page through the document feeder. I heard that scary whirring sound, then got that frustrating message: Scanner Failure! The printer simply can't scan at all. Does your motor fix all the scanning problems?
I called HP last week and got nowhere with them. They said the "bulb" and I think "module" were damaged and couldn't be fixed -- that I'd have to buy a new printer. Then they went on to recommend different models -- which by the way I could find much cheaper at Amazon and other reputable place online. What a racket they have going!! Do you think this problem is only with their 7410 model, or can it happen with their other printer? I used to swear by their printers, but now I'm seriously checking into other brands if these issues can't be fixed.

Suzanne

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by tracker54 (3/9/10 11:19 PM) reply + / -
The problem with you 7410 is common on the last couple of series of Officejet printers. If you go with a smaller printer it uses different mechanical parts then the bigger officejets.

I have not dug into the problem, but believe it is on the circuit board itself and not the motor, but since the board it connected to the motor I have my customers change the complete motor assembly.

If you decide to purchase a new printer then take a good look at what you use it for.

The biggest thing I would worry about is if you do a lot of printing then buy a laser or a printer that has separate printheads.

If you decide to fix your current printer it is fairly easy fix. Right now I sold 2 of the 3 motor assemblies and waiting on the customer to tell me if he still wants to fix his.

Michael
Perfect Printer Parts

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by Robert Carr (6/2/10 6:57 PM) reply + / -
All of a sudden now I try to scan and I get the following message, "You need to install or run HP Software for this feature" Now what do I do? Any help will be appreciated. This just happend out of the blue!

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by tracker54 (6/2/10 9:09 PM) reply + / -
You need to load HP Essentials.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com

Michael
Perfect Printer Parts

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by Abailey (9/8/10 8:50 PM) reply + / -
Let's see where do I start. I have had the 7410 for a couple years now and I have NEVER been able to get the feeder to work. I get the "horrible whirling noise" and the "Scanner Error" - oh, I bought this online it said it was new but I believe it was refurbished just didn't tell me that in the ad. About 3 months ago I upgraded my laptop to Windows 7 and every since then have had nothing but problems with using this since. I have downloaded the 34 bit Windows 7 driver and I now see the printer in my list. I can only connect to it with the USB however and if I try to connect with the wireless it keeps telling me it can't find it in the list. After thinking about this for a while I am thinking maybe I need to reconfigure the wireless router to the printer again but isn't it suppose to find it wirelessly? Am I missing something? I am pretty computer savvy but printers have always eluded me. When it was working I could print, scan from the bed itself and copy from the bed but now I can't do anything at all. Please advise if you believe the scanner failure is the motor assembly...if so do you have any in stock and how quickly can I get one? HELP I have tried to figure this *amned printer out for 3 days now and I'm about ready to toss it out the window. Thanks for any help you might provide.

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by Perfect Printer Part (9/8/10 10:56 PM) reply + / -
Since this printer is somewhat old I have not keep up with it. The last I knew there was no good working driver for Windows 7.

The only thing I can think of is to connect it to a non windows 7 machine and set up sharing. This might get around it.

Michael
Perfect Printer Parts
Full line of parts for HP Pro 8500/8000

No Subject by aBailey (9/9/10 10:48 AM) reply + / -
Was afraid you would say that. Is there a printer/scanner you would recommend to replace it?

Re: No Subject by moe (edited 9/9/10 12:06 PM) reply + / -
Hmmm, my netbook uses Windows 7 and I know it works with my 7410 through my wireless router.

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by Perfect Printer Part (9/9/10 2:19 PM) reply + / -
aBailey

I would suggest you look at a L7780 (L7 Series) because you can buy them so much cheaper than the current Pro 8500 series. If you were happy with the 7410 then you would be happy with the L7 Series. If you want a new printer then look at the HP Pro 8500 with touch screen.

I have an L7780 now that I use and I have a HP Pro 8500 sitting new in the box.

Moe posted that his works, but I do not know if it is because he is running the printer as a wireless device through the router or might be running windows 7 starter instead of 32/64.

Michael

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by Abailey (9/9/10 5:51 PM) reply + / -
Do you sell these? If so how much total with shipping, etc.

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by Perfect Printer Part (9/10/10 12:29 AM) reply + / -
I can provide you that information, but this forum is not for commercial use. Please email me at perfectprinterparts@gmail.com.

Thank you,
Michael
Perfect Printer Parts

Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem by DeterminedToFix (1/5/13 3:49 PM) reply + / -
My Officejet 7410 scanner suddenly started throwing various errors, not sure why. I am running Vista basic OS and accessing printer/scanner through wireless. I noticed that my Scan To destinations were empty. After numerous uninstalls, reboot and reinstall of the full HP software, I uninstalled all the HP software one last time. When I reinstalled, I first installed everything EXCEPT the Solution Center by selecting the Custom option during install. I then restarted the install again and it asked me if I wanted to install everything or just the Solution Center. I chose the later, and when it was done EVERYTHING worked as it should, including the scanner, Scan To Options, etc.

Nice install package there HP!

If anyone is having problems with any All-In-One devise controlled through the Solution Center I would try this approach before doing anything else.

Good luck!

Re: Re: hp officejet 7410 scan problem Whirring by va-wolf (2/7/13 7:28 PM) reply + / -
Michael,
Do you have any HP 7410 Scanner motors left? P/N: Q3450-60003. I also need a plastic part in the ADF unit that keeps the paper feeding one page at a time. I can't find a Part number but it is the black plastic piece that connects to the blue page separator. I have a photo of it but don't know how to attach it here.

Thanks for your help
va-wolf@charter.net

Shaun

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters