fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Canon i9100 - 7 orange lights followed by 1 green

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Canon i9100 - 7 orange lights followed by 1 green by Julie Roe (8/29/06 12:37 AM) reply + / -
Hi all. I posted a similar msg under an earlier thread and then realized it probably should be posted to it's own thread thread. Sorry for the repetition...

Here's the problem: The inks in my Canon i9100 have been drying out very quickly between print jobs lately, and I have to hit "clean the print heads" pretty much every time I run a print job (otherwise it prints really screwy). So, I decided to rinse the bucket/carriage thing that holds the 6 ink tanks, thinking maybe a clog there was the problem. After the rinse, I let the thing dry overnight, put my ink cartridges back in, and now i'm getting Printer Not Responding error msgs, accompanied by 7 flashing orange lights, 1 green, 7 orange, 1 green, etc. on the front panel of the printer.

Does anyone know what this means and how to fix it?? My livelihood depends on a fully functioning printer... I'm a struggling graphic artist with printed jobs due yesterday, and I can't get this printer to work now...

I would be extremely grateful for any help you can provide.

THANKS!

Julie R.

Re: Canon i9100 - 7 orange lights followed by 1 gr by hoosey (9/1/06 2:44 PM) reply + / -
have you tried getting hold of a friends s900 s9000 s9100 printhead and just trying it for 2 secs just too make sure you havent killed the head it will give you piece of mind before you look to order one

Re: Canon i9100 - 7 orange lights followed by 1 green by nvzyn (1/30/07 12:39 PM) reply + / -
Hi,

I did the exact same thing a while back to a Canon printhead and it resulted in a dead printhead. I can not understand what the water would do to cause the head to fail, but I think that is what has happened.

I also have an S9000 with the same error code (the printer was that way when I bought it). I installed my head from an S900 and it works perfectly.

I'm trying to figure out a way to get the ??? head working again, including vacuuming ink back thru the nozzles (I keep thinking the 7 orange sequence might be a heat issue inside the nozzles).

Anyone with more information.

Re: Re: Canon i9100 - 7 orange lights followed by 1 green by Anonymous (2/2/07 1:57 PM) reply + / -
Blow out the back of the print head with some canned air. You probably still have some water behind the board. You can also flush out the board with some alcohol to help remove any water. Dont use the rubbing kind. Always blow out the back of the board if you use any liquid and all around the board area, the rest of the print head does not have to be perfectly dry. I have also seen water that stays under the ribbon cable so dont forget to aim some air there also.

Re: Re: Re: Canon i9100 - 7 orange lights followed by 1 green by Anonymous (2/22/07 8:26 AM) reply + / -
Thanks for the advise. I'll try to provide some additional feedback on whether this works. I'm sure it doesn't take much moisture to impact the parametrics of the head board, so this makes sense.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters