fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized by Wenny (edited 8/2/06 1:21 AM) reply + / -
I just buy a new cartridge for Canon IP1200 and IP1600 (CL-41 and PG40)
And I drop accidentally the PG40 before installed them.
After that, I installed the cartridge I got message "Cartridge not recognized" I tried many way, but still got blink 13x or sometimes 5x when turning on the printer. and still the message "Cartridge not recognized"

Have anyone ever got this problem ?

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recogniz by Evolver (9/26/06 6:39 PM) reply + / -
Had the same problem, I have 2 ip1200 printers and have 2 sets of cartridges (that I have been refilling), one day one printer stopped accepting a color cartridge, but in the other printer the cartridge works fine, and now I cant make the printer work, even with another cartridge.

Re: Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recogniz by Anonymous (10/17/06 10:03 PM) reply-1 + / -
Solved the problem, just reboot your computer and printer, it should accept the cartridge then.

I use hibernation, that was the problem.

Also, does anyone knows of a spongeless CL-41 and PG-40 cartridges?

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized by Anonymous (10/18/06 9:32 PM) reply + / -
I have upgraded to XP Service pkg 2 professional. Also had to buy new ethernet card. I was able to install canon printer Pixma iP1600 but not reconized and Twain also not available. Had not problem before. What can I do to fix problem.? It is not the ink cartridge that are not recognized but the drive and Twain will not accept the code

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized by Anonymous (1/15/07 9:39 AM) reply + / -
HOW TO INSTALL REFILLED
CARTRIDGES
The Canon IP1600 does not accept refilled cartridges without the status monitor on the
printer driver being disabled. To disable the monitor, follow the instructions below and then
the refilled cartridge will be accepted and allowed to print.
step 1 – Access the Driver Settings
1. Click on the start menu
2. Go in to Control Panel
3. Click on Printers and Faxes
4. Right click on your printer (Canon IP1600)
5. Go down to properties
6. Then click on maintenance

Step 2 - Click on ‘View Printer Status…..’

Step 3 - Click on Option

Finally, click on enable status monitor. This will turn off the monitor and allow you to use
refilled ink cartridges.
If at any time you get the ‘Ink out’ message on your PC a light under your power button on the
printer will flash. To continue printing, simply press the button and click the close button on the
warning (marked X).
You may need to do this a few times also run the printhead alginment page after.

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recogniz by Anonymous (7/18/07 12:02 AM) reply + / -
i've disabled my status monitor, but my ink is still not recognized :| what should i do?

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized by Anonymous (7/23/07 8:37 AM) reply + / -
These ink cartridges are a pain in the ass. Hardly anybody can figure out how to get them in and get them recognized. I am "attempting" to put a new one in today. As you can guess it's not going well or I wouldn't be on here.

Re: Canon CL41 Yellow ink can't come out by teylt (8/22/07 4:10 AM) reply + / -
I have a canon CL41 cartridge, but the yellow colour can't come out. what is the problem?

Re: Canon CL41 Yellow ink can't come out by teylt (8/22/07 4:13 AM) reply + / -
I have a canon CL41 cartridge, but the yellow colour can't come out. what is the problem?

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recogniz by Anonymous (8/22/07 5:17 PM) reply + / -
I have a canon ip1600 and I have done all the same instructions. I have tried everything. including the following....

1: Remove Cartridge
2: Unplug the AC Power Cord
3: Hold down the RESUME button
4: Release RESUME after plugging in the AC Power cord.
5: Press the RESUME once within 5 seconds and release the RESUME .
6: Press and HOLD RESUME for two seconds or more and release it.
7: Press and HOLD RESUME for two seconds or more and release it.
8: Unplug AC Power Cord to set data.

and

5. Go down to properties

Step 3 - Click on Option

Finally, click on enable status monitor. This will turn off the monitor and allow you to use
refilled ink cartridges.
If at any time you get the ‘Ink out’ message on your PC a light under your power button on the
printer will flash. To continue printing, simply press the button and click the close button on the
warning (marked X).
You may need to do this a few times also run the printhead alginment page after.

and nothing seems to work. I am getting no yellow at all and when I do a printer alignment is is all got lines in it. What the heck do I do now?? I just spent $45.00 in refills and nothing works! Help!

Thanks Stephanie

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized by moe (8/22/07 5:39 PM) reply + / -
Take out the cartridge head assy. There should be a plastic lever that unlatches it. Fill a shallow dish with hot water and dunk the head in it and swish it around a bit.

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recogniz by Anonymous (8/22/07 5:48 PM) reply + / -
I just posted the last message. If you have refilled you cartridge just recently and have tried everything, well here is something to try that will work!!!

Yes ok go ahead and do this step... this will stop the ink empty warning from coming up:

5. Go down to properties

Step 3 - Click on Option

refilled ink cartridges.
warning (marked X).

But then I want you to take the plugs out of the top of the cartridge and run them without them in it, inside the printer, only if applicable with your printer. (do not turn upside down or else you will see a mess!!) The plugs make almost like a vacuum when they are put in, and do not let any liquid ink out when trying to print. Just think of when you are pouring gas out of a full gas can. You have a little hole at the back of the can which allows air to get into the container without leaking, which then allows the gas to come out of the gas can. It all makes sense to me now!! haha.. try that should work wonders!!

Don't ask me if you have to put the plugs back in but hey works for me for now. I am going to put them back in after a few days. Not sure if the ink will dry up.

Stephanie

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized by Anonymous (9/26/07 10:56 AM) reply + / -
hi... im paul of philippines

my cl-41 cannot be recognized by my ip1200. i just replaced it temporarily with an older cartridge for printing on scraps and when i plugged it back in, the printer does not recognize it anymore.

what do you think is the problem and what should i do?

thanks guys...

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized by Kissable273 (9/29/07 1:03 PM) reply + / -
HELP.....MY INK RAN OUT, SAT FOR A THREE OR MORE MONTHS -- I FINALLY BOUGHT REFILL INKJETS......I HAVE A CANON PIXMA IP1600. WELL IT RAN FOR A WHILE - ALWAYS SAYING OUT OF INK OR LOW ON INK, AND I GUESS THAT WAS BLINKING BECAUSE I HAD LET THE PRINTER SIT FOR MONTHS WITHOUT A WORKING INK....

NOW IT STATES I NEED A PRINTER DRIVER- OK, I FINALLY FOUND THE LITTLE MONSTER - HEY IT WORKED --- FOR A WHILE.

NOW IT SAY I NEED A PRINTER DRIVER - AND NOW I CANNOT FIND THE DAMN THING.

ANY SUGGESTIONS. I HAVE A COMPAQ PRESARIO, BOUGHT FROM BEST BUT FOR MY XMAS PRESENT. THEY ORDERED THE DAMN PRINTER. BELIEVE ME I AM THINKING OF GOING POSTAL ON THAT DAMN STORE.

ANY SUGGESTIONS? I'M DESPERATE, HERE I SIT WITH A PRINTER THAT WILL NOT WORK. HELP,,,,,,HELP,,,,,,,HELP,,, THIS IS DRIVING ME NUTS.

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized by Kissable273 (9/29/07 1:03 PM) reply + / -
HELP.....MY INK RAN OUT, SAT FOR A THREE OR MORE MONTHS -- I FINALLY BOUGHT REFILL INKJETS......I HAVE A CANON PIXMA IP1600. WELL IT RAN FOR A WHILE - ALWAYS SAYING OUT OF INK OR LOW ON INK, AND I GUESS THAT WAS BLINKING BECAUSE I HAD LET THE PRINTER SIT FOR MONTHS WITHOUT A WORKING INK....

NOW IT STATES I NEED A PRINTER DRIVER- OK, I FINALLY FOUND THE LITTLE MONSTER - HEY IT WORKED --- FOR A WHILE.

NOW IT SAY I NEED A PRINTER DRIVER - AND NOW I CANNOT FIND THE DAMN THING.

ANY SUGGESTIONS. I HAVE A COMPAQ PRESARIO, BOUGHT FROM BEST BUT FOR MY XMAS PRESENT. THEY ORDERED THE DAMN PRINTER. BELIEVE ME I AM THINKING OF GOING POSTAL ON THAT DAMN STORE.

ANY SUGGESTIONS? I'M DESPERATE, HERE I SIT WITH A PRINTER THAT WILL NOT WORK. HELP,,,,,,HELP,,,,,,,HELP,,, THIS IS DRIVING ME NUTS.

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recogniz by Anonymous (10/22/07 7:47 PM) reply + / -
good morning!!! i got problem with my canon pixma ip 1200 printer the problem is i cannot print my documents because the power botton and ink botton is lighting... how can i fix this? i called a technician to consult about this and he talled me not to unplugged the printer. the problem here comes when i get back to office my printer was unplugged and when i plug cable, the printer was not function properly and the power boton and ink botton just blinking.

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recogniz by FrancineBlaze (10/30/07 7:20 AM) reply + / -
Hello. I have the same problem with refill cartridges not being recognized for my Canon Pixma IP 1600. There is some great advice in this forum, however I have a Mac. Any ideas for the Mac. Thanks.

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized by Anonymous (10/31/07 8:58 PM) reply + / -
I have used my canonon ip1600 over two years,and i never buy inks again,how,after you install your new inks,if you have any problem,Try this,hold 2nd the button (paperout button)for 1 minutes,till you power on button stay on,than any will working just fine...any ?? let me know

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized by Anonymous (10/31/07 9:01 PM) reply + / -
I have used my canonon ip1600 over two years,and i never buy inks again,how,after you install your new inks,if you have any problem,Try this,hold 2nd the button (paperout button)for 1 minutes,till you power on button stay on,than any will working just fine...any ?? let me know

Re: Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recogniz by Anonymous (10/31/07 9:10 PM) reply + / -
I have used my canon ip1600 over two years,and I never buy inks again,just refill inks,how,turn on printer printer,install your refill or your new inks in,if you have any problem,Try this,hold 2nd the button under on button(paperout button)for 1 minutes,till you power on button stay on,than any will working just fine...any ?? let me know

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized by beybee (11/1/07 9:21 AM) reply + / -
just asking if canon iP1200 has a built in ink provider that would let me print any file or pic even without an ink cartridge.my agent and me are arguing over a cartridge coz i wasnt able to find any cartridge in my printer though he was able to print and show us a sample just to prove that the printer is working .i know that in a package it is included together with the other stuffs like sample photo paper which also is missing.could somebody clear this out to me so i could fully understand why i was able to print some files and pictures without the specified cartridge.thanks.more power.

Re: Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized by Anonymous (11/1/07 11:09 AM) reply + / -
Miss understand Your ??? Print out picture W/ no inks ???It just show you your printer was working,till you install your new ink ,turn on printer, try to print any thing, If pc show up any sign & your printer on button blinking,than just push the button under on button, hold till blinking light out ,you will be able print any thing you want.....

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recogniz by danyoo (11/9/07 5:46 AM) reply + / -
I have the same problem of a refilled cartridge not being recognized with the printer (flashing power and paper feed lights) Trying to install a pg-50 into a ip1200.

Anyone had any luck get the printer to accept the cartridges? Tips above dont work for me..

Re: Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recogniz by Anonymous (11/11/07 3:00 PM) reply + / -
I Think you best to get IP1600 at eBay,Then you just use your old refilled cartridge,Some of seller could give you refill instruction,I just got one not long ago,(refurbish was Ok for me)It work just same like new...Good luck

print result don't get the color by Sulung (12/12/07 9:17 PM) reply + / -
i have canon pixma ip1700 my print result don't get the color. but i have inkjet the color at the cl-41 why????

Re: Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Reco by Norman Higgins (12/15/07 2:27 AM) reply + / -
You have probably got a little bit of dry ink or muck on the contacts at the back of the cartridge. Try gently rubbing the contact strip with a mixture of water and ordinary rubbing alchohol until they look clean and shiny. This should cure it.
I am also resident in th P.I.

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recogniz by Denkster (2/17/08 3:27 AM) reply + / -
Read this article "The Canon Thing"
http://reviews.cnet.com

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized by dvdurbis (5/16/08 6:59 AM) reply + / -
I have a canon ip1600. And I know that it uses 40 and 41 cartridge. But I made a mistake and I bought a 31 cartridge instead 41... They are exactly the same and I installed 31 cartridge at the printer easily... But I got message "Cartridge not recognized"... Is there anything I can do?? Thanks.

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized by Puvin (11/10/08 5:03 PM) reply + / -
Take out both the cartridges and clean the sides and all the other areas with a cloth or tissue paper. Then put the ink cartridge back inside and this should work.

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized by Nandang (11/13/08 6:00 AM) reply + / -
Bagaimana cara membersihkan cartridge canon ip 1600 yang diduga ada yang dah kering?

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized by Puvin (11/13/08 7:30 AM) reply + / -
You can use a damp cloth on the parts that does not dispense the ink. But if the ink is not dry then tissue paper will do the job.

Re: Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized by jancraft2 (11/13/08 4:03 PM) reply + / -
Puvin,
Thanks for the help. It worked for a short time, I repeated the process and it is working now.
Norman

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized by Puvin (11/15/08 3:34 AM) reply + / -
jancraft2,

Welcome. Glad to hear that it actually solved your problem =)

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recogniz by Gaston - Uruguay (1/1/09 1:01 PM) reply + / -
I cleaned cartridges with this method and worked fine for me:
1- remove the green cover of the cartridge
2- remove sponges and clean all with hot water (cartrdige and sponges) until you dont have ink in any part
3- use alcohol to remove water and dry cartridge
4- then you can refill cartridge and use it

Re: Canon IP1200 Cartridge Not Recognized by Anshu (1/24/09 10:59 AM) reply + / -
Canon IP1200 Cartridge Not Recognized even I wash it and done all the things what I can do. But I get no result. When the color catridge is not inserted even then the printer display that the color catridge cannot recognised.

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized by sanjib roy (2/3/09 2:23 AM) reply + / -
Pixma 1300,I got error massage when I give to print, ink cartridge cannot be recognized,and ink cartridge installing are not properly.

Thanks

Re: Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized by Anonymous (3/11/09 3:46 PM) reply + / -
Thanks for this info - it got me on the right path and now my printer is working. However, I could not see your Step 3 click on Option.

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized by Anonymous (6/18/09 9:08 AM) reply + / -
An ink Cartridge is not installed properly

Re: Canon IP1600 Print Head and Ink Fade by lady renegade (6/24/09 9:03 AM) reply + / -
I have a Canon iP1600. I have purchased Canon printers because they are cheap but you get what you pay for. In all three cases they worked great for about 6 months...then nothing but troubles. The current iP1600 has had ink fade for about 3 months. The ink comes out grey. It is an ink refill cartridge. The colour seems to run out after only a few uses. I also have issues with the print head alignment. Printout shows misaligned heads; I have utilized the cleaning and re-aligned via the program but it doesn't work. I have begun to take apart the printer to see if there is a print head cartridge (that the ink tubs sit in)...don't see one? I was going to soak it in alcohol but I cant find it. Can anyone advise how to align the heads and clean the clogged ink so it is like brand new? If I have to take this in for repair it wont be worth it. That is why I ended up buying my current Canon as the other one did the same thing and it would have cost me a lot to repair. I swear Canon does this on purpose. Don't buy a Canon!

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized by Anonymous (6/24/09 9:23 AM) reply + / -
Dear lady grenade,

Try shaking the cartridge..It might help

Canon IP1200 Cartridge Not Recognized by Anonymous (6/30/09 2:03 AM) reply + / -
pls help tried ever thin given still color cartridge not working after refil,,..

Re: Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized by Anonymous (7/1/09 11:55 AM) reply + / -
hi there, my 1200 Pixma canon printer is not recongnizing the black cartridge only, plus, not printing anything at all, it only says black cartridge missing and wont even process nozzle check, test page printing, or anything at all.
I tried the steps you mentioned but when reached step three, did not find any OPTION button!! only this showed up
1- Display print queue
2- Cancel printing ..

so.. any other hint on how to get to where i can enable ""status monitor"" option?

Re: Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized by Souad Barchini (7/1/09 12:32 PM) reply + / -
Man that was geneous!!!! worked like magic, it looks like a reset function, thanks a million....

all of you guyes, you should try it, hope it would be great help to you as it was for me

Souad Barchini

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized by abbah jawara (7/22/09 12:33 AM) reply + / -
Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized lampu berkedip 7 kali dibuka Cartridge warna, kedipan 5x padahal Cartridge baru. ketika di pasang di printer lain cartidge nya terbaca dengan baik. apanya yang rusak bagaimana cara memperbaikinya Boss?

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recogniz by Anonymous (8/10/09 10:02 AM) reply + / -
can i use black cartridge only to print the doc with out have a color cartridge

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized by juniban (8/15/09 1:11 AM) reply + / -
guys these cartridges pain in pocket and ass hehehe...

but i have something you should try...

when you have the two brand new or re-manufactured cartridges, before you install it make a small hole over each color absorber pad
3 small hole for CL-41 and 1 hole for PG-40.

When you ran out of ink, lift the cover then the heads sets to the left side or to the change position. Remove the power cord and do not remove the cartridges just move the head to right side or to the center and there, you refill the cartridges and avoid the spills. be careful that you've refilled the right color on each hole otherwise you will mix the color.

Plug the printer cord after finishing the refill and do the nozzle check.

With this procedure you won't suffer cartridge not recognized because you did not remove the cartridge from the printer. when ink level says low just press the print cancell button for 5 seconds or more.

To avoid waste ink pad full drill on the back of your printer and take out the small white hose do the catheter method.

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized by HUH (10/9/09 1:06 AM) reply + / -
im feel like im gonna burn this god damm printer. its true cheap n n easy use for a while, but then when ur ink running out.the problem start here.

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized by Anonymous (10/26/09 1:05 AM) reply + / -
I have a canon ip1200 printer. I used my colour cartridge 2months. And now display a error message "ink cartridge not recognized" how can solved it? Please..... post me . Thanks

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized by SHOOT (11/9/09 12:10 AM) reply + / -
Here's an idea. Get yourself a garbage can. Dump your printer there. Cause that's what canon printers use for.

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized by Anonymous (11/12/09 4:06 PM) reply + / -
hi
u can buy used cartridge that is working fine. you can buy it in some ink refill stores. they just used it once after they bought it.

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized by Anonymous (11/12/09 4:09 PM) reply + / -
the used cartridge i bought works just fine like new.. i tried to refill and its printing now for 2 months or 3 i guess

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized by onizuka (11/18/09 9:56 PM) reply + / -
yoyoyo. finally i figure it out how to settle this problem. but only for black catridge if want fast use. u no nid to take out that catridge. just refil it at printer. It work realy well. But somehow it dosnt make anymore problem to me if want take out both catridge. after take it out turn off ur printer, n if can take out ur usb cable too. after that turn on, then put catridge back then turn off. the last one u will connect back ur usb cable. i forgot the step, but me only do that thing, then printer back on normal. Just make sure ur computer or printer doesn't know u change the catridge or refill it :)

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized by rajeshockwave (1/19/10 6:03 AM) reply + / -
Hello guys, please don't burn your heads. Remove the USB cable and switch off the printer. Then, turn it ON. The problem would be solved.

Re: Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recogniz by Icecubes (2/16/10 4:17 AM) reply + / -
Hey Stephanie I used your idea about disabling the status monitor and then I poked holes in the tape on the refills, instead of keeping them closed and now my refills work with know problems.. Great Post...

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized by exorist (2/17/10 4:32 PM) reply + / -
http://canon-printer-resetter.blogspot.com

go check that site. from there u can get another solution. i already try that. BUT the easy way to avoid catridge not recognized, open printer cover n just refil that black catridge through refil hole. N never take out that catridge. I try another solution after by mistake i remove that catridge when want clean up ink at refil hole. press too hard when clean it. damm whole day find the solution n i got that site.

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized by rif (2/23/10 3:56 PM) reply + / -
Download Resetter for Canon iP1600
http://buddypress.freenice.org

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized by Anonymous (3/2/10 8:37 PM) reply + / -
thanks! it works!

Re: Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recogniz by Anonymous (3/18/10 3:07 AM) reply + / -
reply install the appropriate ink cartridge

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized by Jie (10/11/10 5:29 AM) reply + / -
rajeshockwave's solution works for my problem! thanks a lot!!

Re: Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized by rajeshockwave (10/15/10 3:42 AM) reply + / -
Nice to know that someone fixed the printer after reading my post.

:)

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized by Brookiegirl (12/7/10 8:48 AM) reply + / -
I had the same problem. My computer said my printer was out of ink but it wasnt. I went to my control panel and deleted the Canon Printer. Restarted my computer. Unplugged my printer and plugged it back in. Then I hooked the printer back up to my computer and it automatically reinstalled the software. Then I went to options and turned off the enable status option. It worked then.

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized by iamguzman (12/10/10 3:48 AM) reply + / -
I have tried every solution posted here for my iP1980. Still, the cartridge is not installed properly. I am thinking of trashing my printer but I really need a printer at this time. Please, any more solutions?

Thanks.

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized by chinito (3/20/11 1:10 AM) reply + / -
i have a canon ip1200, i haven't used it for quite awhile. yesterday i have the cartridges refilled. i put the cartridges back, and tried to print something but it didn't work or the printer didn't recognize the cartridges. the power on and paper feed keeps on blinking. can anyone help me on this?

Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized by sebatti89 (4/15/11 4:16 AM) reply + / -
hey guys, i have a cannon ip1200, its been working fine for a long while, even after i stopped buying new cartridges and started refilling them. but recently the prints started getting a little smudged so i bought a new pg 40 black cartrige, and din bother to but the cl 41 colour one, i had the old refilled one (which is empty) in it. but now its says the colour cartridge cannot be recognized and it isnt printing anything at all.
pls helppp
i have a thesis to submit in 2 dayss :(

Re: Re: Canon IP1200 and IP1600 Cartridge Not Recognized by rajeshockwave (4/15/11 5:11 AM) reply + / -
I think you can overcome this problem by :

1. First take the catridge out.
2. Turn OFF the printer.
3. Remove the USB cable.
4. Refill the catridge.
5. Place the catridge in printer.
6. Plug the USB cable.
7. Turn ON the printer.
------------------------------------------

Re: Canon Pixma IP6220D ink not recognised by Puipui96 (5/28/11 12:42 PM) reply + / -
My Canon Pixma IP6220D ink cartridges not recognised
after I refilled my cartridge. I don't know what to do.
i tried what is suggested on the internet but didn't work.
Could someone please help me?
Thanks in advance.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters