fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

No Subject

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

No Subject by Paulnz (6/26/06 7:48 PM) reply + / -
Hi there,

We are getting the above error message (49 4C06 Service Error) appearing on a number of our HP laser printers.

The printers affected on our network are HP4250dtn and HP2430n. Also, a HP2420dn was affected too, but a firmware update fixed this printer. Firmware updates have not solved the problem on the other printers though.

There's about 8 printers affected that we know of so far, over at least three subnets. This fault began appearing around Tuesday last week (20 June 2006).

Any suggestions?

Many thanks
Paul

No Subject by Paulnz (6/26/06 7:50 PM) reply + / -
Sorry, I forget to add a Subject line. :-)

Re: No Subject by dmzcompute (6/26/06 8:31 PM) reply + / -
See if the error is only occuring with a particular application or certain documents. Most times the error is related to the use of Adobe. If you have a network and are using a print server for all the printers, then the first thing I would do is load one of the problem printers locally on one or more pc's using tcp/ip and the driver being loaded on the local machine. See if you still have the issue. If not, then the print server may be causing issues. If you still have the issue, especially with the 4250, then I would contact hp tech support. Keep in mind if it is only happening with a certain application, HP will tell you to contact that vendor. One other note is that I have seen this type of error of the 4200 and 4300 series when users were printing lots of documents with foreign language characters in them. On those, though the firmware upgrade solved the isse.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters