fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Printer canon pixma service error 5100

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Printer canon pixma service error 5100 by Nafliza (6/1/06 11:07 PM) reply+2 + / -
When I opened the cartridge for refill ink,closed it and printing document,become error with indication " service error 5100,see the printer manual for more detail ".How to fix this problem.

Re: Printer canon pixma service error 5100 by a technician (6/2/06 12:37 AM) reply + / -
Send it to a certified shop if it is under warranty, you don't wanna mess with this yourself, the problem is an error somewhere in the carriage encoder signal path, could be a logic fault, or it could be mechanical (most likely) these machines have crappy tolerances.

Re: Printer canon pixma service error 5100 by willem (edited 3/3/07 3:34 PM) reply + / -
This error 5100 occurred on my PIXMA MP780 just after replacing 2 color cartridges, yellow and cyan. The error continues to show up after switching Feed Source to Front Tray, and regardless whether print job is color or grayscale. The replacement cartridges are not from Canon, but did come off a brick-n-mortar retail shelf. The printer is pretty new. Was initially surprised to notice that both cartridges were leaking a bit when the seals were removed. Am wondering if some of the comments about using non OEM ink have some bearing on this problem. Comments welcome....

Re: Printer canon pixma service error 5100 by 168net (11/25/07 5:37 PM) reply+1 + / -
Please help me, up to 2nd line was printed at my canon pixma ip1000 after this service error5100 occured.

Re: Printer canon pixma service error 5100 by Hayder (8/18/08 12:29 AM) reply + / -
Please help me, up to 2nd line was printed at my canon pixma ip2200 after this service error5100 occured.

Re: Printer canon pixma service error 5100 by Anonymous (12/13/09 11:04 AM) reply + / -
abear error 2

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters