fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

HP 3330 paper jam

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

HP 3330 paper jam by absolvd (3/28/06 11:04 AM) reply + / -
I keep getting a paper jam on my HP 3330 all in one. I've tried the usual stuff of changing the settings etc., but it doesn't help. Also, once the machine starts turning, it makes a clicking and grinding sound. I've been told that it could be the feedroller. Any thoughts?

Re: HP 3330 paper jam by Stephen (3/28/06 5:40 PM) reply + / -
You really need to tell us where the paper jams.

I'm always amazed that people think a jam is a jam is a jam, and we can answer their question with next to no information.

Re: HP 3330 paper jam by seanhelmi (4/22/06 5:46 PM) reply + / -
I don't know about the jam. However, my 3330 has a grinding noise caused by the scanner moving back and forth under the glass. The scanner moves back and forth on the extreme right end. Apparently what is happening is that the scanner is trying to calibrate itself.

If that is your problem I can offer a partial solution:

I helped the problem a lot by cleaning the mirror. To this, you feed a paper on the top feeder and press copy. This causes the scanner to move under the small side glass on the left side. As soon as the paper starts feeding, pull the plug to cut the power. Then unscrew the screw on the plastic housing for that small glass and remove the glass. Carefully clean the scanner tube and the mirror with a Q-tip and rubbing alcohol. The mirror is down under the scanning tube. A good way to clean is to use the Q-tip and rubbing alcohol and then spray with compressed air to dry. Make sure it is completely dry and clean before closing the glass. Plug back in.

That did not solve the grinding problem completely (I suspect the underside of the large glass is also dusty and needs cleaning, but I don't know how to remove/clean that) but it helped.

Re: HP 3330 paper jam by dmzcompute (4/22/06 6:52 PM) reply + / -
To the last poster there is also another thing you can do that does not involve any physical work. They have had a lot of issues with the scanner on that series and they made a number of changes to the firmware to address problems. One is out of the blue the scanner tries to calibrate itself for about 2-3 minutes and then stops and maybe a hour later does it again. Just go to hp.com, software and drivers, put in your model and download the instructions and latest firmware.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters