fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

HP PSC 2410 PRINTER , SCANNER MOTOR GETS STRUCK

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

HP PSC 2410 PRINTER , SCANNER MOTOR GETS STRUCK by Jadhwani (12/15/05 6:05 AM) reply + / -
I have above printer above since Sep 2004
few times power failure occurred , than on restart the scanner motor gets activated and then makes noise of getting struck at the end of carriage towards the control panel . in few restarts the problem gets on own gets solved .
Now the problems is not going for last two days ......
Any help please ??????
Thanks

Re: HP PSC 2410 PRINTER , SCANNER MOTOR GETS STRUCK by Matt@microtech (edited 12/20/05 2:33 AM) reply + / -
HI im a HP repair agent and resantly had this problem as well
I had to pull the scanner unit out and clean the mirrors on the scanner unit and allso clean the under side of the scanning glass also there is a white strip under the glass closest to the control buttons give it a clean as well also you can lightly wipe the scanner bulb but be (careful with it!!!) You will need to remove the top section and control panel to get to the screws its not that difficult to do. IT woked for me

Also clean the crome rod that the scanner runs along and lightly lubricate with some sowing machine oil you only need a little bit of oil some times the scanner can bind up on this and time out.
Hope this helps

Re: HP PSC 2410 PRINTER , SCANNER MOTOR GETS STRUCK by Anonymous (2/6/06 5:51 PM) reply + / -
worked for me too.

Re: HP PSC 2410 PRINTER , SCANNER MOTOR GETS STRUCK by Metty (2/27/06 5:44 PM) reply + / -
I have a 2410 and cannot get the scanner to work. help!

Re: HP PSC 2410 PRINTER , SCANNER MOTOR GETS STRUCK by denshuman (10/17/06 1:53 PM) reply + / -
I read your post on pulling the scanner unit out and cleaning the mirrors. How can I find out how to open the printer up to get access to the scanner unit? Is there a repair manual or exploded diagram to guide me?

HP PSC 2410-How does it Open?- (Dirty Copying) by Anonymous (11/8/06 8:52 PM) reply + / -
Hi Matt, My Scanner i believe is dirty. When ever i make a copy of a document, it comes out really faded. Nothing compared to what it was like when i first got the Printer. So i want to do some cleaning using your tips but cannot figure out how to open it. Do i need a special screw driver with 6 points? Or does the keypad part just pop right off. I don't want to break the keypad part if it is not ment to pop off. If directing me to a website would make it easier, that would be great.

Thanks~
Bucky
Arlington TX.

HP PSC 2410 PRINTER clicking noise when turned on by anaid (4/25/07 4:32 PM) reply + / -
Having problems with Printer. When turned on it will show the timer and non of the settings loading. Also making non stop clicking noise. Please help

Re: HP PSC 2410 PRINTER , SCANNER MOTOR GETS STRUCK by ulirolds (7/28/09 5:21 AM) reply + / -
to open the scanner top you have to remove the keybord cover than put some tool inthe little hole in the middle of the keybord (that one that's inside the drawing box, than slide it down
;)

Re: HP PSC 2410 PRINTER , SCANNER MOTOR GETS STRUCK by Shane88 (3/30/10 7:13 AM) reply + / -
How to remove scanner glass:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters