fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES

Post a new message thread

CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Tman (edited 11/25/05 3:28 PM) +4 + / -
Canon S9000, S300, S400, i550, i560, i850, i860, i865, i9100, i9950, PIXMA iP3000 above,
1. Turn off printer
2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button.
3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go.
4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go.
5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking.
6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times.
7. Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more.
8. Your printer should respond as normal.

Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by sc-blues (11/27/05 11:45 AM) + / -
It also works for the PIXMA ip2000. Thanks a lot - you've just saved me shelling out a lot of money to Canon.

Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Tman (11/28/05 9:52 AM) + / -
Yavor,

Here is what your looking for ...

Canon BJ F900, F890, F700, F500, S900, S820, S750 and S520

Turn off the printer.
Press and hold the RESUME button, then press and hold the POWER button.
Release the RESUME button, then press and release the RESUME button two more times in succession. (youre still holding the POWER button during this). The printer mechanics will move momentarily.
You are now in Service mode.
Pressing the RESUME key will select a function; for example, pressing RESUME 4 times will select the clear waste ink counter function. The lamp will alternate color with each key press.
1. service/factory test printout, including ink sensor check
2. EEPROM info printout
3. EEPROM initialization
4. Clear the waste-ink counter
5. Printer model setting. (more selections beyond this- leave this alone)

After selecting mode, press the POWER button to commit the change, and return to the top of the function selection menu. Pressing the POWER button again turns off the printer for a restart.

These procedures I am listing may work for other Canon printers as well, but if you use them on Canon printers other than what is listed for each reset procedure, do so at your own risk !

Tman

Re: Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Tman (11/28/05 8:49 PM) + / -
Sorry, Nothing specific for that model - but I have reflected a generic reset for the 'S' series .. never tried it so I can't say if it will work for you or not ...........

Canon GENERIC "S" SERIES RESET CODE
Waste Ink Counter Reset.

(1) Turn off the printer.
(2) Press and hold the RESUME button, then press and hold the POWER button.
(3) Release the RESUME button, Next press and release the RESUME button two(2) more times in
succession. Note: you are still holding the POWER button). The printer's carriage will "reset"
or move momentarily. If the above was properly performed the printer will enter the
"Service Mode".
(4) Press the RESUME button 4 times, this will select the clear waste ink counter function. The lamp
will alternate (change) color with each key press.
1. Service/Factory test printout, including ink sensor check.
2. EEPROM - Info printout.
3. EEPROM - Initialization.
4. Reset the Waste ink counter.
5. Printer model setting.

(More selections beyond this point) - However it is best to leave them unaltered - You have been warned!

After selecting the desired mode (eg 4), press the POWER button to "set" the change, and return to the top of the function selection menu. Press the POWER button again to restart the printer.

Good Luck,

Tman

Re: Re: Re: Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Tman (edited 11/28/05 8:52 PM) + / -
Moved

Re: Re: Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Alex Pitoc (11/28/05 11:09 PM) +1 + / -
I would be glad to get them if possible.
Many thanks

Re: Re: Re: Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Tman (11/29/05 6:14 AM) + / -
Hi Alex,

You would be glad to get them ??? What is them ?

Tman

Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by David46 (11/29/05 7:54 AM) +3 + / -
Thanks Tman for the generic reset code for the S series. Its only when you get the error message that you need this code. Thanks again David

Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Mallow (12/14/05 8:34 PM) +2 + / -
Thanks 'Tman'(11/25/05) your reset codes worked for my Cannon Pixma
iP2000.

kindest regards
Mallow

Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Anonymous (1/18/06 1:38 PM) +7 + / -

Can you please help me with reset codes for a Canon i80 portable printer?

I am very frustrated with Canon and with their designated repair facilities, as they will not give me a price to "repair" the "waste tank full" status of my one-year old i80 printer.

Anything you can tell me will be helpful.

Jim Stiner

Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by IFAISTIONAS (1/22/06 10:40 PM) + / -
Could you please provide me with the reset procedure for the Canon MP150 model?

thanks

Re: Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Anonymous (1/23/06 11:35 AM) + / -
I do not have the reset codes for the MP150, however the reset codes for the MP190 are below and they may be the same .. Please note that this reset procedure may not work for you and it is possible it can render your printer unusable. Good luck...

Canon MPC190
Reset Waste Ink
1) Enter SERVICE MODE.
By pressing Menu, Copy, Scan, Copy, Copy
2) Select TEST MODE.
3) Select [8] PRINTER TEST in TEST MODE.
4) Select 3. [EEPROM CLEAR].
5) Select 0. [INK COUNT].
6) Press the [Set] key.
7) Press the [Stop/Reset] key (returning to the state of 3)), and then press the [ON/OFF] key.

Tman

My S750 thinks it is an S700 by JagLuis (3/27/06 8:30 PM) + / -
Tman,

I wish I had found and read your messages about waste tank reset codes before I attempted to reset mine. In the process I did go to the printer model setting and followed (I thought) the instructions in the repair manual. Before this, I had printed the EEPROM info report and the very first thing it said was S750. When I turned the printer back on, XP told me that it had found new harware "CanonBJ S700". I went back and tried to reset the model, but always get the S700. I went to the Canon website and there are no drivers for an S700 and XP will not accept the S750 driver for the S700. Do you know how I can get out of this mess?

Thanks!

JagLuis

I80 WASTE TANK RESET CODES by HorseITtech (3/30/06 12:59 PM) +2 + / -
the waste absorber full reset sequence for the I80.

1)Turn off the printer. Press and hold the Resume/Cancel and Power buttons at the same time.

2)Release the Resume/Cancel button. (continue to hold down the power button)

3)While continuing to hold down the power button press the Resume/Cancel button 3 times then release both buttons.

4)The LED should now be green. Press the Resume/Cancel button 4 times. The led should be green.

Power it off and you should be good to go!

Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Anonymous (3/31/06 12:05 PM) + / -
cheers tman, i owe you a beer.......

Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Anonymous (4/3/06 2:55 AM) +1 + / -
hi all, found this pdf teaching how to reset PG40 and CL41, but it's in German, who can help to translate? thx

http://tttankstation.de/pdfs/en/canon_pg40_cl41.pdf

Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Ioniss (4/17/06 11:42 AM) + / -
The paper button on the mp 150 is the one you use to select between Plain paper , photo and 10 x 15 photo paper.

I have tried the procedure in german there (I happen to know german) and ain't working for me. So if anyone has any ideeas, help would be apreciated.

Ioniss Romania

Re: Re: Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Anonymous (4/19/06 11:23 AM) + / -
I have a cannon multipass F60 I think it has a waste tank

alarm. can I just reset it or does it physically need to

be changed? I would like to try the code first if you have

one for this model.

Thanks

Ron

CANON MP150 by wichian (5/31/06 5:32 PM) +2 + / -
Ну вот - именно для сабжа :
Service mode operation procedures -
1) With the printer powered off but connected to a power source, press the Power button while pressing and holding
the Stop/ Reset button.
2) When the Power LED is lit, press the Stop/Reset button two times while pressing and holding the Power button.
3) When releasing the Power button and the Stop / Reset button (regardless of order), the printer will move into a
service mode. (Waiting for menu selection)
4) When the LED lights in green, press the Stop/Reset button the specified number of time(s) according to the
function listed in the table below.(Each time the Stop/Reset button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in
orange and green, starting with orange.)
The number of the Reset
button pressing
LED Function Remarks
0 time Green Power off
1 time Orange Service pattern print
2 times Green EEPROM print
3 times Orange EEPROM reset
4 times Green Waste ink counter reset See waste ink counter reset
procedures below.
5 times Orange Destination setting See Destination setting
procedures below.
6 times Green Print head deep cleaning
11 times Orange Button / LCD checking
12 or more times Returns to a menu selection
Однако, для функций 4 и далее есть примечание : только для Азии.
А вот в описании функции 3 есть : Reset except for the
followings:
- USB serial number
- Destination setting
- Waste ink counter
Большего, не юзая сабж, сказать не могу. Попробуйте сброс ЕЕПРОМ-а....

Re: I80 WASTE TANK RESET CODES by cappydee (6/1/06 2:25 PM) + / -
Hi HorseITtech - i followed your instructions to reset my i80 but I still can't print - any ideas? Thanks.

cappydee

Re: Re: I80 WASTE TANK RESET CODES by HorseITtech (6/2/06 5:29 AM) + / -
Hi cappydee,

Sorry if it's a silly question but are you still getting the flashing orange light in sequences of eight (waste tank full signal) or is there another issue? If you are still getting the eight flashes please try the reset sequence again. Be sure that you are holding down the power button on steps one though three. Please let me know if you succeed. Good luck.

Re: CANON MP150 WASTE TANK RESET CODES by James Cook (6/18/06 1:13 AM) + / -
Anonymous, You wasting your time trying to do it from the machine. Am I wrong?
In the MP150 its all in the cartridge. I bought a second MP150 machine for an extra $10 and got two new cartridges. PG40 and CL41 . In these machines they must be only half filling the new cartidges that they supply as my refill syringe emptied almost all into them before I even started using them as new cartridges. Its hard to believe that a company with the good will and good name as Canon would pull a dirty trick like this on the public and its previously 6 year loytal Canon Machine customers.
The resetting codes for the machine have nothing to do with resetting the chips in the two above cartridges as they both worked fine in the original MP150 machine and the new MP150 machime. I have left the new Canon Machine on the window ledge and will probably hurl it from here to smash in front of a crowd of people below to let them know of Canons dirty tricks campaign against previously loyal Canon printer consumers.
Nevertheless you said you might have some advice on resetting other Canon machines. Any idea how I can get a cartridge chip resetter for the PG40 and CL41?
What do you think of the idea of continuosly calling the printer from the computer more than ten times to retrick the chip in the cartridge ?
I also tried leaving the new cartidges in the machine and refilling them with the syringe before they were empty . I did this almost with the black but aciddentally knocked it out once and you can onbly refill the back two colour holes and not the front hole with a syring as a gray plastic baffle stops you. So this is an incompolete test.
My conclusion is that they have an output counter in the chip but I can't verify this until I complete using a black cartridge continuosly refilled but never taken out. If that works I can remove the plastic baffle so that both cartidges remain in the machine and both can be continuosly refilled but this means now I will have to buy a third MP150 for $90Aus to get my two new but already half or more empty supposedly new PG 40
and CL 41 cartidges. I am relentless and if this is what it takes i will do it. Hoping you can be of some assitance .Thanks James.

Re: Re: Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Anonymous (6/28/06 12:17 PM) + / -
Tman can you help please, I had Canon Waste Tank problem. I HAVE DONE THE MAINTENANCE ON IT by following fix own printer.com
I have cleaned sponges etc .but i cant get rid of error message because havn,t got reset code for my printer its a
CANON SMARTBASE MPC200.
WOULD YOU HAVE RESET CODE FOR THIS MODEL. cant afford to take to Canon.
Barbara.

Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by hpwizard (6/28/06 12:36 PM) + / -
Barbara,
I have the reset for the MPC190, if it has the same buttons etc. try it.

1) Enter service mode by pressing MENU,COPY,SCAN,COPY,COPY
2) Select TEST MODE
3) Select (8) PRINTER TEST in TEST MODE
4) Select 3 (EEPROM CLEAR)
5) Select 0 (INK COUNT)
6) Press the SET key
7) Press the (Stop/Reset) key, returns to the state of 3, then press the ON/OFF key

Hope you have success!
Dazz UK

Re: Re: Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by dad (7/2/06 3:29 PM) +1 + / -
do you have the reset code for the multipass f60? thanks

Re: Re: Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Anonymous (7/6/06 7:22 AM) + / -
there's so many reset codes, but i have an canon f30... i've tried some of these but either i'm not doing it right or i've picked the wrong ones to try... please help.

Re: Re: Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Anonymous (7/6/06 3:44 PM) + / -
Does anyone know how to clean the reservoir and reset the codes for a Canon i470D printer

Re: I80 WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Anonymous (7/20/06 10:00 PM) + / -
You're awesome! I was so annoyed by having to press the resume/cancel button before and after every time I wanted to print. It took my a while to get the sequence right (have to press the sequence more quickly than I was), but sure enough, it worked. You are a good human being.

Clean canon mulitpass F60 waste ink pad? by Trekwatcher (7/22/06 9:52 AM) +2 + / -
I have a Canon Multipass F60, the waste ink tank near full message came on, but I was able to find the code to reset this, someone posted the code for the Multipass F30 and it worked for the F60 as well, but I don't know how to clean the waste ink pad on my Mulitpass F60, how do you clean this?

Re: Re: Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Anonymous (7/22/06 10:16 AM) +3 + / -
Tman,
If you know the reset for the Pixma iP90, I would be very grateful.
-Russ

Re: Re: CANON MP150 WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Anonymous (7/29/06 5:08 AM) + / -
I just refill my pg-41 & 51 original cartridges and simply
ignore the yellow flashing light. My Pixma 150 has not stopped
yet on the original cartridges.
If I "sick" of the flashing will a pice of elecrical tape over it.

Canon have counters that count usage hence knows when the
waist pad is full. Hence when reset to zero the printers
will work again even with the dirty waist pad (not recomended.

I assume the cartridges work the same way. I will when my
present cartridges are used up, keep them for resetting.

Put a new cartridge in, printer resets.
Take out the new one and put the refilled back in which now gives
a new code over the new one and if on a single change of cartridges the printer should reset otherwise I will try the HP
way.

Some HP respond by use of a 3 way cartridge changeover
and like here means just number the used cartridges 1,2,3
so when No 3 is emty, simply put the refilled No 1 or No 2 in
presto.

good luck

Re: Re: Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Sandfly (7/29/06 6:36 PM) +3 + / -
I have Canon MP 370 with waste inknear full message have tried most codes listed but do not have a specific one for multifunctions 360 370
can you help
Thanks in anticipation
Graeme

Re: Clean canon mulitpass F60 waste ink pad? by Anonymous (7/30/06 2:45 AM) +1 + / -
Hi trekwatcher

so do you know the reset code for F60?
can you send me that please?? I am having the same problem and need help...

Kirk

Re: Re: Clean canon mulitpass F60 waste ink pad? by Anonymous (8/5/06 7:20 PM) + / -
1) Enter Service mode by pressing: menu-copy-#
2) select: Test Mode
30 select [8] printer test in test mode
4) select 3 [eeprom clear]
5) select 0 [ink count]
6) press the [stop/reset] key (returning to the state of 3), and press the [on/off] key

this is what worked for me, I just need to know how to clean the ink pad. If anyone knows, please respond.

Re: Re: Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Anonymous (8/25/06 10:09 AM) + / -
How about PIXMA MP500??

Canon i9100 - 7 orange lights followed by 1 green by Julie R (8/29/06 12:27 AM) + / -
Hi all. I tried the reset sequence mentioned in this thread for the canon i9100, but it doesn't work for me, and so I'm not sure if I'm having a "waste tank full" problem or not.

Here's what happened: The inks in the printer have been drying out very quickly between print jobs, and I have to clean the print heads pretty much every time I run a print job (otherwise it prints really screwy). So, I decided to rinse the bucket or carriage thing that holds the 6 ink tanks, thinking maybe a clog there was the problem. After the rinse, I let the thing dry overnight, put my ink cartridges back in, and now i'm getting Printer Not Responding error msgs, accompanied by 7 flashing orange lights, 1 green, 7 orange, 1 green, etc.

Does anyone know what this means and how to fix it?? My livelihood depends on a fully functioning printer...

I would be extremely grateful for any help you can provide. I'm a starving artist with printed jobs due to clients yesterday...

THANKS!

Julie

Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Chris the Dude (8/29/06 8:23 AM) + / -
Julie R,

It sounds very much like your printer is no more. When you say you "rinsed it out" how did you do this?

Wish I could give you good news!

Re: Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Anonymous (8/29/06 9:09 AM) + / -
I rinsed it in water, then let it completely dry...

Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Julie R (8/29/06 7:02 PM) + / -
Really good news, folks. This is Julie, the one who rinsed her Canon i9100 print heads in water. I am happy to tell you all that I am staring at a solid green light at the top of my printer!! All I did was try resetting the print heads for the millionth time (by locking and unlocking and jiggling the lever that holds the print head in place)and voila, no more blinking orange.

Let's hope this stays!!

Julie R

Re: Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Anonymous (9/1/06 6:27 AM) + / -
Congratulations Julie - it did sound horribly terminal, glad you managed to fix it, now if only I could find an easy fix like that for my IP90!

Re: Re: Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Anonymous (9/7/06 6:53 AM) + / -
Do you know the code/sequence for a canon F60?

Thank You.

Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Anonymous (9/9/06 5:44 AM) + / -
I have tried to reset the waste ink tank problem on my Canon i850 printer, as per the instructions by "TMAN" without any success. The yellow lights are still flashing for eight times!! Any suggestions, please?

Re: Re: Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by davidjf64 (9/15/06 6:26 PM) + / -
I would also be grateful to receive the codes.

Many thanks!

Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Anonymous (9/18/06 2:29 PM) + / -
Thanks Tman. I've also reset my IP2000 printer using your codes and saved myself spending a wad of cash at Canon. Have taken the process one step further now and drilled a small hole (15mm) in the base of the printer directly below the cleaning pump outlet nozzles. By sitting the printer on a 10mm packer the waste ink is now discharged into a thin tin lid that I have positioned underneath (this requires the removal of some of the absorbant material from the waste tank below the nozzles so that the ink drops directly through). Works a treat. Thanks again for the info.

Re: Re: Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Anonymous (9/20/06 5:21 AM) + / -
How about for Canon Pixma 130?

Re: Re: Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Anonymous (9/25/06 9:17 PM) + / -
I need the reset code for a Canon Pixma 130 ink absorber is full.

My machine is under 2 years old and I hate to have to buy another one.

Anyone know the code to reset? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Susan

Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by structmatrix (10/3/06 8:27 PM) + / -
I need the reset code for a Canon Pixma 130 ink absorber is full.

Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by hpwizard (10/4/06 6:12 AM) +1 + / -
I have the reset fot the i255/i320, it may be the same for the i250.

1) Unplug the power & printer cables.
2) Press & HOLD the POWER button
3) Plug POWER cable back in.
4) The LED should be green
5) Press & release the RESUME button, LED should be orange.
6) Press & release the RESUME button again, LED should be green.
7) Release both buttons

Hope this helps?
Dazz UK

Re: Re: Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Bradman (10/7/06 6:17 AM) + / -
Can you email me codes for canon i965 please.

Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Anonymous (10/15/06 7:54 PM) + / -
This also works for canon pixma IP1000. thank you

Re: Re: Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Anonymous (10/24/06 2:31 PM) + / -
Can you help me sort out how to deal with the waste ink absorber pad for the Cannon Pixma MP130? It does not have a resume button on this model. I would be grateful for any advice

Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by GITEL (10/26/06 4:50 AM) +1 + / -
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by sushi (10/28/06 8:17 AM) + / -
I found something like that http://www.videolandrefill.nl/reset_instructies.php
there are cadridge reset instructions in PDF format, even for PG-40/41, PG-50/51. Unfortunatly they are in Dutch and I don't understand it. If someone of you try this method give me response how it works.

Re: Re: Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Ally Rose (10/29/06 10:38 AM) +1 + / -
Hi Tman, I was wondering if you could help me, I have a canon pixma ip 1500 which needs a resetting code. this is the best printer i have owned as it is so reliable, i would hate to bin it. Thanking you in anticipation.

Ally

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Anonymous (11/1/06 3:11 AM) + / -
wast tank reset canon i250

Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by hevsym (11/2/06 12:32 PM) +1 + / -
Where is the resume button on my canon pixma mp130. My waste ink absorber tank is full and I am trying to find out what to do
I went to my loal pc world where i bought the printer but no staff had ever heard of a waste ink absorber tank so they were no help. I bought another printer but i like my canon and i want to get it working.

Re: Re: Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Anonymous (11/3/06 5:01 PM) + / -
What is the reset code for PIXMA iP1500?

Thanks!

Re: Re: Re: Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Grandma Gleason (11/6/06 6:57 PM) + / -
Please let me know if anyone has the reset code for the Canon IP1500. I bought a ton of ink only to have the computer shut down because of the ink overflow.....just before the ink arrived! I would love to have my printer working again. Tnx for any help.

Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Anonymous (11/9/06 1:12 AM) + / -
Wichian and Tman,

hello to you guys! thank you very much the code that you have provided for my canon pixma mp150 was really a great help. I save a lot of time and money i don't have to sent my printer back to canon for their "service". its only a matter of people like you with good will to help others out there from all parts of the world. Its really great. to make it simple for others out there this is the instructions i followed:

1) With the printer powered off but connected to a power source, press the Power button while pressing and holding
the Stop/ Reset button.
2) When the Power is lit, press the Stop/Reset button two times while pressing and holding the Power button.
3) When releasing the Power button and the Stop / Reset button (regardless of order), the printer will move into a
service mode. (Waiting for menu selection)
4) When the on/off lights in green, press the Stop/Reset button the specified number of time(s) according to the
function listed in the table below.(Each time the Stop/Reset button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in
orange and green, starting with orange.)note: press 4 times for waste ink counter reset.

The number of the Reset
button pressing
LED Function Remarks
0 time Green Power off
1 time Orange Service pattern print
2 times Green EEPROM print
3 times Orange EEPROM reset
4 times Green Waste ink counter reset

5) Turn off the printer.( it must be turn off)
then turn it on again. this works. thanks.

elena/philippines

Re: Re: Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Damien Lee Malcolm (11/15/06 7:49 PM) + / -
Good on ya mate. My boss gave me her old MPC190 telling me if I can fix it, I can have it. I pulled it apart and cleaned it out, and reset the system using your code. Thanks a lot, mate. Best things in life are free! Have fun.

Re: Re: Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Anonymous (11/16/06 1:32 PM) + / -
Hi, I'm having a problem with my Canon PIXMA IP1600. The error message is that the ink absorber is full.

Re: Re: Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Anonymous (11/17/06 1:47 AM) + / -
Hi Tman, love the forums and the work/help yr doing. Do you have the rest codes for my Canon pixma mp150? regards Scott

Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by bleh (11/19/06 12:39 PM) + / -
I've got the 7 flashes orange, 1 flash green error on my Canon S520.

I've tried the reset procedure above but it keeps flashing.
Do you have to keep the power button pressed after the 2 succesive resume presses? Or do you release them both?

How fast do you have to press the buttons/ sequences?

If i perform the steps above, then the printer keeps flashing 7 orange, 1 green. So in the service menu it still keeps flashing. I gues i'm in the service menu because if i press the resume button then the light does alternate form color.

So if i try pressing resume 4 times (the light becomes green) and then pressing power twice the printer does turn of. However if i turn it back on the light is still flashing 7-1

Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by jeanpearl (11/20/06 7:39 PM) + / -
Tnx a lot. You're a genius. How come you know all of this? You're simply amazing! What a relief!

Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Anonymous (11/22/06 3:38 AM) + / -
THANK YOU. Thats amazing. Ive searched internet for couple of days. Tried numerous codes offered. Yours worked 1st time. I had just bought 10 black and 10 colour ink and my printer, iP1500 wouldnt work coz waste ink absorber full.Canon service centre wanted Ј57

Re: Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by marshallb (11/24/06 8:33 AM) + / -
Can you tell me how to reset a cannon mp 360, mechanics and codes please.

Re: Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Anonymous (11/24/06 9:03 AM) +1 + / -
1) With the printer powered off but connected to a power source, press the Power button while pressing and holding the Stop/ Reset button.
2) When the Power is lit, press the Stop/Reset button two times while pressing and holding the Power button.
3) When releasing the Power button and the Stop / Reset button (regardless of order), the printer will move into a service mode. (Waiting for menu selection)
4) When the on/off lights in green, press the Stop/Reset button the specified number of time(s) according to the function listed in the table below.(Each time the Stop/Reset button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in orange and green, starting with orange.)note: press 4 times for waste ink counter reset.

The number of the Reset button pressing LED Function Remarks
0 time Green Power off
1 time Orange Service pattern print (auto teste)
2 times Green EEPROM print (dados da EEPROM)
3 times Orange EEPROM reset (EEPROM reset)
4 times Green Waste ink counter reset (Absorvente reset)

5) Turn off the printer.( it must be turn off) then turn it on again.

Re: Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Anonymous (12/1/06 11:06 AM) + / -
Dave,

You are now my new Best Friend. I had the problem with the "Waste ink absorber is full contact the service center....." Your suggestion for fix it myself, came in handy not once, but twice. You are a "Darling" for sharing information. Can't pay you financially, but I sure hope all "Good and Excellent" things come your way.

Forever Grateful for you sharing your information.

QTSharron

CANON S630 healed! by R (12/10/06 1:39 AM) +1 + / -
I was getting a 7 orange/1 green error code on the printer. After about 6 gillion rounds of:
-Trying every reset code on the web
-Soaking the printhead in warm water
-Cleaning the printhead jets(bottom) and filters(top)
-Cleaning the printhead wipers and waste pad sponges
I was ready to set this thing on fire, and watch it fly off onto the sidewalk. I had one last trick to pull however, (gently, and w/power off) working back and forth each pin that electrically connects the printhead to the printhead chassy. Then carefully scraping the printhead side conntacts with a screwdriver for a good connection.
After putting everything back together and powering up, the printer did a 30 second jiggle and the light stayed green. Hope this helps somebody.
R.

Re: Re: Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Sarge213 (12/14/06 9:47 AM) + / -
Does anyone have reset codes for Canon i250. It says tank is full!

Re: Re: Re: Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by hpwizard (12/14/06 12:38 PM) + / -
Yeah, read the whole thread! I have posted a solution & there are many other models above which are covered!

Dazz UK

Re:CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES MP360s by Anonymous (12/16/06 2:58 PM) + / -
Help Can you send me the model precise code.
This message is a pain.

Re: Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Anonymous (12/20/06 12:56 PM) + / -
1) Enter SERVICE MODE By pressing Menu-Scan-Copy-Scan
2) Enter NVRAM by presing <--- or ---> then OK
3)SET ABS-M LEVEL TO 0
4)OK
Hopeit works for you

Mike

Re: Re: Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by catspen (12/22/06 2:02 AM) + / -
I know this is a year later but any ideas for resetting canon smartbase mpc 400 - have tried various ways but no luck son far

Re: Re: Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Anonymous (12/23/06 7:17 PM) + / -
please send me what you have to davidjf64@gmail.com

many thanks!

Re: Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES pixmaMP130 by Anonymous (12/27/06 3:25 PM) + / -
Try this it worked on my mp130

1) Enter SERVICE MODE By pressing Menu-Scan-Copy-Scan
2) Enter NVRAM by presing <--- or ---> then OK
3)SET ABS-M LEVEL TO 0
4)OK
Hope it works for you

Mike

Re: Re: Re: Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by lorre (12/28/06 4:40 PM) + / -
Did you ever get a reply to your question about resettng Cann Multipass F60 waste tank codes? Is there a service manual out there somewhere? Thanks.

Re: Re: Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Evert Maurer (12/30/06 2:54 PM) +1 + / -
Do you have the code or procedure for the Canon Pixma MP800 ??

Thanks in advance and a good 2007

Re: Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Anonymous (1/2/07 2:47 AM) + / -
It says tape a small tape over the upper contacts of your cartridge... print testpage... await error
turn off printer.. turn back on... tape off second row off contacts repeat procedure... then remove tape and repeat procedure.. after last error message turn off printer once again..

press resume button on your printer if you keep getting messages

rob

Re: Re: Re: CANON WASTE TANK RESET CODES by Anonymous (1/9/07 3:59 AM) + / -
Any idea how to re-set the Multipass F30. Thanks for your help

Canon pixma ip3000 can't reset by suet (1/20/07 4:07 PM) +1 + / -
Can sks help please. I've tried resetting the printer using the power/resume buttons with no success. Any other suggestions gratefully received.

Re: I80 WASTE TANK RESET CODES by dogbisket (5/7/09 1:26 AM) +1 + / -
Horse,
Thank you 1000 times plus.I paid lots of money in CA to have a repair shop "re-adjust" my printer. And it "broke" again in 2 months, when I got back home to OH. Thanks again for saving me from getting ripped off a second time.
Dog

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters