fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

hp laserjet 3300 79 error HELP!!!

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

hp laserjet 3300 79 error HELP!!! by panssacra (7/27/05 11:08 AM) reply + / -
Hi, im brazilian and i have a hp lasejet 3300 mulfunction, it show "79 error power on/off" on display . I verify the mechanism and its ok, i need a help to solve this problem.
If anybody have a service manual for this printer we will be able to exchange manuals.

Re: hp laserjet 3300 79 error HELP!!! by dmzcompute (7/27/05 1:08 PM) reply + / -
What you have is a firmware issue. It is recommended you download the latest firware and update per the instructions on the hp site. Below is a link to the page. If your firmware chip has become corrupted and the download does not work you will need to order and updated firmware chip from hp.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?P2AD2128B

Re: hp laserjet 3300 79 error HELP!!! by Stephen (7/27/05 3:22 PM) reply + / -
You can do an NVRAM reset by holding down the * and Menu/Enter keys while plugging in the unit, hold the keys down until the screen says that it is resetting.

The manual may be found on this site:

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/reference/manuals/public/hp

Re: Re: hp laserjet 3300 79 error HELP!!! by Anonymous (7/14/06 3:59 PM) reply + / -
Thanks Stephen even a cavewoman like me can fix her own printer. Have you seen the commercial for Geico? You rock. Now how can I get a service manuel for this printer?

Re: Re: hp laserjet 3300 79 error HELP!!! by Anonymous (5/15/09 10:14 PM) reply + / -
Stephen, I tried your suggestion dated 7/27/05 and it worked. I was in the middle of a project, so your help was a life saver. Many, Many Thanks!

Re: hp laserjet 3300 79 error HELP!!! by pardeepkumar (8/18/09 9:22 PM) reply + / -
printer is not working ,not printing,scanning.

problem comes on the display 79error power off-power.
sir how to solve it.

Re: Re: hp laserjet 3300 79 error HELP!!! by healthup (8/18/09 11:24 PM) reply + / -
You can do an NVRAM reset by holding down the * and Menu/Enter keys while plugging in the unit, hold the keys down until the screen says that it is resetting.

The manual may be found on this site:

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/reference/manuals/public/hp

Re: hp laserjet 3300 79 error HELP!!! by Bob J. (1/18/11 6:49 PM) reply + / -
My HP 3330 would print sometimes but not others. Sometimes I would get a 79 error message. Usually, powering off and on would clear it. Sometimes, if I unplugged the USB line from my computer and plugged it back in, it would print.

Tried your suggestion Stephen to solve the error 79 problem and now the printer does nothing. It never prints now. After I did what you suggested, it said Permanent Storage Init. with the phone and exclamation mark lights flashing. Eventually it asked me to insert my HP disc which I did and re-installed the drivers.

Now when I turn on the printer, I still get the Permanent Storage Init. message with the two lights flashing. If I leave it doing that long enough, the message disappears, the Ready indication comes on and the lights stop flashing. So now I am left with a printer that never prints which is worse than before I tried your error 79 cure.

I am sorry I tried your suggestion since at least before, I could print some of the time.....

Re: hp laserjet 3300 79 error HELP!!! by dmzcompute (1/18/11 6:55 PM) reply + / -
Did you try doing the procedure again?

Re: hp laserjet 3300 79 error HELP!!! by Bob J. (1/18/11 6:58 PM) reply + / -
Quite frankly I am afraid to. Why does what happens happen (display and lights). That was not mentioned in the original post.

Re: hp laserjet 3300 79 error HELP!!! by dmzcompute (1/18/11 10:27 PM) reply + / -
That is what a NVRAM reset does. It is Permanent Storage Initialization. After it does the route the printer should come to ready. If it does try to print a report from the menu on the printer. If that works, connect to the computer, load the drivers if necessary and it should work. That message should not come up again when you turn the printer off and then back on. If it does, then you are having formatter issues and that is why I suggested to try the routine again. This is very old machine now and it is possible the formatter is bad and needs to be replaced.

Re: hp laserjet 3300 79 error HELP!!! by Bob J. (1/20/11 5:16 PM) reply + / -
That seems to have done the trick in that I have been able to print and scan for two days in a row now. Under my list of printers in my Control Panel, in addition to:

HP LaserJet 3330 Fax

I have:

HP LaserJet 3330 Series PCL6
HP LaserJet 3330 Series PS and
HP LaserJet 3330 Series PS (Copy 1)

Perhaps these are due to me uninstalling and reinstalling the HP software that came with the printer. Anyway, I seem to have to choose the last one above in order to be able to print. As long as it keeps printing and scanning, I am happy. Thanks for all your assistance and patience.

Bob

Re: hp laserjet 3300 79 error HELP!!! by Bob J. (1/23/11 3:52 PM) reply + / -
I guess I spoke too soon. While I can print WORD and Outlook Express e mails OK, I can't seem to print pdf files. The printer says "Printing Document" but it just remains at that and nothing prints. I did somehow manage to print one pdf file immediately after printing a WORD document but none later. Weird, eh?

Re: hp laserjet 3300 79 error HELP!!! by macORpc (12/23/11 6:24 AM) reply + / -
i wanna say something to bob j. you sucks man dont tell me you dont know how to work whith you own printer tztztz thats a shame :(

Re: hp laserjet 3330 79 error HELP!!! by adappa s k (4/13/12 1:37 AM) reply + / -
Dear,

hp laserjet 3330 79 error HELP!!!

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters