fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Canon Laser Class 8500

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Canon Laser Class 8500 by Emery (7/24/05 7:04 PM) reply + / -
My Canon Laser Class 8500 will not fax out. Last week we had a electrical surge I am not sure if this is the cause. Everything else works ok.
Can someone please help. I would be eternally grateful.
Emery

Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by moe (7/25/05 9:28 AM) reply + / -
I had one like that last week at a client's office. Long legged new hire kicked the telephone plug out of the socket in the wall. Does it do incoming faxes? Do you get a dial tone when you pick up the handset on it?

Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by emery (7/25/05 7:14 PM) reply + / -
The 8500 is hooked up to the telephone jack properly. I checked it out before doing anything. It reads the fax material and indicates it is dialing out but I never hear a dial tone or it sending anything out. The message indicates it's dialing but nothing happens.
I shut it off and tried dialing my cell on the dial pad but nothing. Is there a reset I can do or could it possibly be the firmware? I do not have a PC hooked up to it.
Your help is appreciated.
Thanks
Emery

Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by Stephen (7/25/05 7:23 PM) reply + / -
To repeat Moes question:

Does it do incoming faxes?

Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by emery (7/27/05 9:45 PM) reply + / -
No, it does not dial in or will not receive faxes.
Thanks

Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by dmzcompute (7/27/05 10:28 PM) reply + / -
Your issue may be with the phone line and not the printer/fax. Can you hook up a analog telephone to the fax telephone jack and see if you get dial tone? If you do not get dial tone your line is probably out and you need to contact your phone company.

Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by emery (7/28/05 7:27 PM) reply + / -
I will try your suggestion.
Thanks a lot.
Much appreciated.
Emery

Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by mdepin (12/1/05 11:06 AM) reply + / -
Can anyone tell me how to get a copy of the cover sheet to print under the confirmation info on the report sheet? Our company fax machine used to do this but stopped recently and I just need to know the keystrokes to fix this.

Thanks,
Matt

Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by Anneml (2/10/06 2:24 PM) reply + / -
I cannot receive any faxes on this machine. The machine rings but does not pickup. I have made sure the switch is NOT in manual receive. I am lost without the manual, any info would be greatly appreciated.

Anne

Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by RaymondLimDDS (7/27/06 3:46 PM) reply + / -
My Laser Class 8500 has the constant blinking red light and is prompting me to load Rec. Paper. The paper tray at the bottom is full. Is there anywhere else that needs to have paper loaded? Thank you.

Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by AngieTaylor55106 (8/9/06 8:25 AM) reply + / -
We recently moved our fax machine to a different location. Now we can't get the fax machine to ring when new faxes are transmitting. I have searched through the manual to find the ringer selection, to no avail. Can someone PLEASE tell me how to make the fax machine ring again for incoming faxes?

Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by AngieTaylor55106 (8/9/06 8:33 AM) reply + / -
According to the manual, when the "Supply Rec Paper" light is on, that means the paper cassette tray ran out of paper during transmission of an incoming fax. The manual states once you reload your paper cassette, the remainder of the document in the memory should automatically print. Make sure your paper guides are in the right position for the size paper you use.

Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by xana (8/18/06 7:26 AM) reply + / -
Does anyone have a copy of the manual that they could fax or e-mail to me Please. I am having a hard time with this machine and can't seem to get anything right.

Thanks alot

Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by Jason465413248 (2/2/07 11:36 AM) reply + / -
Make the pull out paper drawer on the left side of the machine has legal paper in it.

Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by Stephen (2/3/07 8:36 AM) reply + / -
There is a tray on the left side of the machine, you have to remove or lift the output tray to slide it out.

That tray is best used for legal paper, then it won't run out often.

The ringer volume is set with a sliding switch on the side of the machine.

All papameter setting starts with the Data Registration button.

When I've had the cover sheet stop printing I had to reset the machine and then reload all the settings, note that everything looked good when I printed out the pages with the settins on them, I had two machines that were fixed this way.

The LaserClass 8000, 9000 and 9500 all set up the same way, there are numerous threads dealing with those models on this forum, have fun searching.

Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by Anonymous (3/12/07 12:39 PM) reply + / -
Thanks for the tip about the legal paper tray on the left hand side!

Manual by Stephen (3/12/07 5:26 PM) reply + / -
Canon laser class 7000 manual by moe (3/4/07 7:10 PM) reply +1 + / -
Here is a link to a 9000 manual http://www.jimd.ca/CLC9000.pdf
download that, they both have the same panel and functions.

Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by Gurinder (3/28/07 7:14 PM) reply + / -
Hi Everyone,
I have a Canon 8500, It was working fine till a few days back, I didnt need to use it for a few weeks and now it is unable to send any fax (frankly I dont even know if I can receive any as i didnt try that) There is dial tone and the pages go through and there is a long dial tone afterwards which stay for a few seconds and after that there is a recorded message all the time(Please hang up, this is a recording, I know there is no problem at the other end as i tried different users) I tried to fiddle myself turned the ECM ON hoping that might be a problem but doesnt work- Any help will be greatly appreciated,
Gary

Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by Colette7 (4/27/07 10:46 AM) reply + / -
Require assistance in locating a manual online for a Canon Laser Class 8500. Could anyone help me? Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by Anonymous (5/4/07 9:04 AM) reply + / -
what does the erro code ##322 means on laser class 8500 fax machine

Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by moe (5/4/07 10:24 AM) reply + / -
See the box in the lower right corner? Type #322 in it and hit the Search button next to it. Code is the same on all Canons.

Re: Manual by scudderconsulting (6/12/07 8:49 AM) reply + / -
God bless ye Stephen Thompson! The link is most appreciated.

Roger

Fuser Error Future Reference by Stephen (6/12/07 6:32 PM) reply + / -

The Canon LaserClass 8500 uses a LaserJet 6P fuser.

Moe probably can sell you one.

Click on his name, or the crossed tools next to it... if you are brave...

If Moe does not have any I might be able to find one.

Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by Anonymous (10/4/07 9:07 AM) reply + / -
There are two paper trays...one for 8.5"x11"(letter) and 8.5"x14"(legal).

The letter size is located at the bottom of the machine, opens from the side, while the legal tray is located at the bottom end under the paper output section of the fax machine.

Hope this helps.

Canon Laser Class 8500 by Tech Dept (10/4/07 5:03 PM) reply + / -
Help, someone!
My Canon Laser Class 8500 fax machine is hooked up to the telephone jack properly. It reads the fax material and indicates it is dialing out but I do not hear it dialing nor it sending a message. The panel message indicates it's dialing but nothing happens.

I tried shutting off the printer, checking all settings from the service manual I purchased for $10, but still nothing.

I shut it off and tried again, still the same results. It is a stand alone fax machine currently with no computer hookup.

The phone company came and checked the phone line and it seems to be working fine. I even plugged my telephone into the fax phone jack, and I transmitted and received calls fine.

I hooked an old fax machine into the fax phone jack, and it worked, but this machine is ancient. I really need to get the LC 8500 fixed. I definitely know that the problem lies with the machine.

Any advice or assistance? Need it ASAP. Thanks.

Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by Stephen (10/5/07 4:27 PM) reply + / -
Then you need to replace the LIU, (line interface unit), also called the modem, in the 8500.

Hint, it's the board the phone line plugs in to.

Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by dodysad (11/21/07 11:48 AM) reply + / -
any one can email me the manul of Canon Laser Class 8500 or 9000
many thanks

Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by Tech Dept (11/21/07 1:56 PM) reply + / -
I know you can call Canon. The user manual is $100+ dollars. Otherwise, the service manual is really no good, just a waste of your money.

I just did not want to spend that much money for a new manual, when I have to replace my LIU which costs about $235.

Good luck...if you ever come across a pdf version, let me know. I did ask them, and Canon stated that they do not have it in pdf version, only a hard copy.

Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by KMez (1/25/08 8:15 AM) reply + / -
Does anyone know how to set the Cannon 8500 Fax to turn off (sleep) during non-working hours, but still collect faxes in memory. (Is that even possible). We don't want faxes laying in the tray when no one's in the office to pick them up. Thank you.

Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by sue o (1/25/08 8:28 AM) reply + / -
I do not know if there is that option but the simple fix would be to remove the paper at the end of the day. The machine will continue to accept faxes and store to memory and then print them out when you replace the paper supply.

Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by jcajcas (4/23/08 4:21 PM) reply + / -
Can someone tell me how to program so i can fax two people at once?

Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by moe (4/23/08 4:53 PM) reply + / -
Scroll up to post #17 by Stephen Thompson and download the 9000 manual. I couldn't even tell you what the difference between the 8500 and 9000 are except for their numbers.

Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by wettsten (5/29/08 8:59 AM) reply + / -
can the 8500 be hooked up to a computer and used as a printer? our office acquired one from the company before us along with extra ink cartridges, but we already have a newer fax machine and no need for two.

Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by moe (5/29/08 10:05 AM) reply + / -
Easiest way to tell is look for a printer port on the machine. If you don't see one, then there is no way to hook it up. I guess you could send the documents from the computer as a fax.

Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by Fox3BHC (9/12/08 2:14 PM) reply + / -
Wettsten, a network/printer card should be available for these faxes which would allow you to connect the fax machine either to your LAN (network printer) or directly to your computer. So far, my research indicates that a LAN option should be available. Direct connection, I'm not sure.

Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by dtomaiko (10/10/08 12:06 PM) reply + / -
i kno about the paper tray on the left side of the laser class 8500 however i am still getting a "supply rec paper" just because of the paper tray on the bottom of the fax. Does any1 kno how to make the bottom paper tray work and get rid of this error???

Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by dara12_ca (11/7/08 6:03 AM) reply + / -
Does anyone know how to change the time on the laser class 8500? Every DST I try and fail miserably.

Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by Art IN NC (11/8/08 12:56 PM) reply + / -
16-4 in the manual... Time change

Open both of your One touch Speed dialing panels.

Hit DATA REGISTRATION
PRESS SET
YOU WILL SEE USER SETTINGS
PRESS SET
YOU WILL SEE DATE AND TIME
PRESS SET

ENTER THE DATE AND TIME USING YOUR NUMERIC KEY PAD

NOTE:USE THE 24 HOUR FORMAT TO ENTER THE TIME (E.G. 1:00PM AS 13:00)
YOU CAN NOT CHANGE FROM MILITARY TIME... I HAVE TRIED.

GOOD LUCK,

ART IN NC

Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by Art IN NC (11/8/08 1:00 PM) reply + / -
OK,

I NEED HELP ON MY 8500. MY PHONE LINE IS FINE. I HEAR THE FAX TRYING TO DIAL OUT BUT THE PHONE LINE TONE CONTINUES. I GUESS I COULD HAVE A BAD MODEM FROM A POWER SURGE... IT ALSO WILL NOT PICK UP AN INCOMING FAX. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

THANKS,

ART IN NC

Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by dara12_ca (11/10/08 5:13 AM) reply + / -
LOL!! Thank you, Art IN NC

I can't believe how easy that was. Wow, now I feel like a tool. :(

Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by moe (11/10/08 9:56 AM) reply + / -
You forgot to turn off your caps lock. Plug a regular phone into the jack and see if that dials out OK. If not, I suspect you do have a bad modem in the 8500. I'm still dealing with a Utility Co. caused power surge from last week that wiped out everything from my microwave to garage door opener.

Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 -jam by sister (2/3/09 3:49 PM) reply + / -
help!!!!!! I have a paper jam. The paper is all scrunch up inside. I can see the paper but can't pull it out. How can i get inside to get the paper out. Please help!

Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by moe (2/3/09 4:42 PM) reply + / -
Gee, and we're supposed to know where exactly the paper is jammed?

Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by aerolaser (edited 2/5/09 12:40 PM) reply + / -
If the paper is behind the toner cartridge on its way out you can try to grasp the end and pull back, before trying open the exit asyn (where the paper exits the machine) and lift up on the green handle on rear top of the fusing unit. If the paper is jammed in the fuser you will need to remove the fuser. Unplug the machine, remove the side paper cassette and exit trays, open the fuser housing locate the 2 black screws located in the bottom of the exit roller asym (black piece in front of fuser unit) remove them, if your unit has a counter you will not be able to remove this piece compleatly, but the wires are long enough to move aside for fuser removal,if you can remove the paper at this point do so. If not remove the 2 smaller screws from the bottom of the fuser and pull fuser straight out. Once out try to remove the paper jam if still unable you will find 2 springs on either side of the fusing unit remove them and the 2 screws on top of the fuser. Now the tension is off the rollers and you can remove the jam. Once remove reassemble and inspect for broken pieces or missing parts ie. gears loose on there axel ,missing teeth,the clear exit roller and spring missing or damaged. If looks ok reinstall in machine and test. If you still get a jam at the fuser remove and re-inspect or order a replacment. Pay attention to the position of the exit roller asym when removing.

Other posters with line problems make sure you plug the incomming line into the (L) port and not the one with the phone picture on it.

Lower paper sensor problem may be the black flag lever is missing or out of position. Remove the paper tray and look for a black plastic lever about 3 inch long at the roof of the cavity. It should push up which opens the signal at the sensor. If this is not the problem clean the rollers and open the right side covers and clean all visable rollers as well.

The differance in the 8500 and 9000 model is standard memory size and the 14.4 vs 33.6 modem most every thing else is the same.

Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by molly999 (10/9/09 12:48 PM) reply + / -
I am getting a check printer cover message. I do not have a manual and all I know to do is lift the cover where the paper is fed in via the feeder. Does anyone know what else to do to get this *#*#*red light to stop blinking?
Molly999

Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by Anonymous (12/10/09 1:06 PM) reply + / -
Did anyone ever find a manual?

Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by philly5706 (12/10/09 3:50 PM) reply + / -
I have it

Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by CherylHPCC (2/23/10 7:37 AM) reply + / -
Hi there,

Was wondering if someone with a manual can tell me how to program my 8500 fax machine to recognize between a phone call and an incoming fax without manual intervention.

Thanks,
Cheryl

Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by Anonymous (3/1/10 6:18 AM) reply + / -
how do i stop getting messages with ng?

it keeps printing paper with this message.

and how do i stop sending a fax that keeps sending?
404-558-4015 atlanta, ga

Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by Silent... (5/20/10 12:41 PM) reply + / -
I have an 8500 Image runner that I cannot get trays 2,3 & 4 to work. First it was just Drawer 2 then 3 and 4 followed. It is not the rollers, what else could it be?

Would very much appreciate a response, kind of dead in the water here.

Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by Scytex (5/21/10 7:43 PM) reply + / -
The primary pick up rolls like to have tacky feeling and good looking tread on them.
we only use oem tires after many generics tested.
the secondary tires as well as the friction rolls need to be changed out every 250K.
there are drive clutches that wear out as well as foam rolls
also check the vertical paper path for any obstructions.

one typical problem is paper smashed behind one of the drawers mucking things up.

if noe of the above helps we can go into service mode, obtain jam history info and go from there.

This is an IR8500 right?

Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by Hopper (7/29/10 11:40 AM) reply + / -
Copper spring metal behind cassette needs to be reformed so it activates the micro switch behind it.

Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by Email To Fax (2/20/11 8:19 AM) reply + / -
Thanks for sharing about Canon Laser Class 8500.
We also sharing our website, Fax machine or online fax? This question is raised frequently in today’s business environment.Fax is an important part of business technology.The ability to instantly transmit an accepted legal copy of a document from one person to another is an expected capability for any business.The time-stamp and logging trail are important proofs when establishing the legitimacy of a transmitted document.Click here for details: http://www.whatemailfax.com

Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by zpoo (3/8/12 8:03 AM) reply + / -
need website to download LC8500 manual. Trying to print report of recent faxes sent. Cannot do so....

Re: Canon Laser Class 8500 by juniorsaico (7/18/12 1:46 AM) reply + / -
we have a canon laser class 8500 in our office. lost the manual, now i need the product no. for the fuser assembly and fixer assembly. anyone know what it is? appreciate your help

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters