fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Benny B (6/20/05 7:06 PM) reply+1 + / -
Please help me get my Xerox Workcentre XD120f going.

The display reads H 4

Thanks for your help!

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by kuby (6/21/05 4:22 PM) reply + / -
Low Fuser Temperature.

Probably a blown heat lamp

Re: Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Anonymous (6/21/05 10:26 PM) reply-1 + / -
I'm pretty sure this occured after a power outage. I have another customer with a Xerox XC 1255 displys same code H 4 after a power brown out.

So how do I fix this problem on both machines? Fuses? Breakers?

The other machine is a Xerox XC 1255.

Thanks for the forum and your help.

Re: Re: Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Anonymous (6/21/05 10:31 PM) reply + / -
Sorry about the previous post........it was not supposed to be an anonymous post.

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by kuby (6/22/05 5:55 AM) reply+2 + / -
try reseting the H code

Press CLEAR, EXPOSURE MODE, CLEAR, EXPOSURE MODE. The display should go blank. Then enter 14 with the copy count keys and press START. If the machine does not turn off and back on by itself - then turn it Off and back on. See if the H code comes back.

Re: Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Anonymous (6/22/05 8:21 AM) reply+1 + / -
You my friend are simply brilliant!

It worked just as you say it would.

I hope that one day I might return the favor.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Most of my knowledge is in Telephone Systems.

Thanks again for the forum, and and it's members!

B.W. Blanton

Ben-Tel Service Co.

Lex., KY

Re: Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Anonymous (6/22/05 8:44 AM) reply + / -
I've also been working on a HP Office Deskjet d 135.

I think it has print heads that may be clogged.

Display says "IDS FAILURE CALL HP"

I didn't know if you had knowledge of those printers or not.

Thanks

B.W.

Re: Re: Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by kuby (6/22/05 9:20 AM) reply + / -
Have you tried replacing the ink cartridges or cleaning the bottom of the cartridge with a swab and warm water?

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Benny B (6/22/05 9:45 AM) reply + / -
The d 135 has two tanks and 4 printheads.

I 've tried cleaning with alcohol and swabs.

I wondered if I can rinse the printheads with distilled water

although they are very delicate.

b.w.

Re: Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by kuby (6/22/05 3:14 PM) reply+1 + / -
I would not use alcohol to clean the cartridges. Water is your safe bet.

Re: Re: Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Anonymous (6/23/05 10:54 AM) reply+1 + / -
kuby,

Thanks for your advice on the water.

I'm trying to reset the code H 4 on the Xerox XC 1255 and I'm not sure it is the right code because I do not get the same results that I got on the XD 120 f which works great thanks to you.

Any different or specific codes for this machine?

Thanks,

b.w.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by kuby (6/23/05 11:39 AM) reply+1 + / -
Same as the other one --ONLY it must be done within 4 seconds.

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Benny B (6/28/05 9:01 PM) reply + / -
kuby,

I finally got it to work tonight. The document feeder however keeps throwing an error code of "A 1" as it does not always pull sheets to be copied.

Thanks you are the best!

benny b

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by kuby (6/29/05 6:26 AM) reply+2 + / -
Sounds like the doc feed needs to be cleaned.

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Benny B (6/29/05 7:51 AM) reply + / -
Can you tell me what is best to clean rubber rollers or procedure to follow on that doc feed cleaning.

Is A 1 a doc jam code?

Thanks

Benny B

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by kuby (edited 1/21/07 4:10 PM) reply + / -
Yes A1 is a doc jam code.

Clean with alcohol or windex.

Kuby is a Genius! by Maximo51354 (7/11/05 7:30 AM) reply + / -
Just sending this message to give props to Mr. Kuby, I was browsing through the net to find a solution to my H4 Error and Kuby's solution was just right. Thank for sharing your knowledge.

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Anonymous (8/8/05 10:15 PM) reply + / -
The H 4 error code also showed up on my Xerox XC 1040 copier after a power brown out. The solution kuby provided worked perfectly.

Many thanks to kuby and this forum!

Re: Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Anonymous (8/9/05 4:49 PM) reply + / -
Do you have any suggestions for an L6 code appearing on the Xerox WorkcentreXD 120f after a couple of power on and off type outages, which followed a power brown out? That code is not even in my book. The copier starts sounds like it is going to be ready to use; then, it shuts off and the L6 code appears. Just before it cuts off the noise doesn't sound quite right. It got a new fuser several years ago. It hasn't worked since the up and down power episode. It was working perfect before online or off. I took it off from my computer for now. Thank you for your help. Perhaps, it is time for a new copier.

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by kuby (8/9/05 8:11 PM) reply+1 + / -
L6 Polygon motor (drives the laser) problem.

Problem with the laser mirror that spins inside the laser unit. Sometimes these become dirty and stick and need a drop of oil.

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Helen McDonald (8/10/05 5:51 AM) reply + / -
I guess I would have to pay $200 for that drop of oil, because I am not likely to get drawings and directions from Xerox and I certainly don't know where the laser mirror is. I did run a xerox diagnostic that caused the scanner bar to move with the mirror following it nicely. Is that the same mirror? If so, that is working. This unit never worked after the power failure. It worked prior to the failure beautifully. Do you know where I have to look to clean and oil? Is it more difficult that putting in a fuser assembly?

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by kuby (8/10/05 5:59 AM) reply + / -
Sometimes the motor has to be replaced. About $30.00. Then again if the surge was bad enough it may have dammaged a board. Did you have this machine on a surge protector? And not it is not the same mirror for the optics that moves back and forth. This mirror/motor is inside the laser scanner unit itself.

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Helen McDonald (8/10/05 6:06 AM) reply + / -
No the unit has never been on a surge protector. I usually shut if off during storms. It was connected to my computer, which is on a surge protector. This was an outage caused by too many AC's running citywide or deliberate power company brown outs--which are common in the Virginia Beach area in the summer. As soon as the on and off power started, I shut everything off. The printer stayed off until the next day and then didn't work. The house lights have always blinked when the Xerox cuts on.

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by kuby (8/10/05 6:09 AM) reply + / -
But it was plugged in right....

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Helen Mcdonald (8/10/05 6:10 AM) reply + / -
Yes, I did not unplug. There was not storm. For bad storms I unplug lots of things.

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Anonymous (8/15/05 10:17 AM) reply + / -
Thanks it seems as if this has saved another Xerox from a trip to the junkyard.

Re: Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Anonymous (8/15/05 6:21 PM) reply + / -
Very Brilliant! Many thanks!

Also fixes WorkCentre XD125f HD error code.

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by lcanvin (8/18/05 7:39 PM) reply + / -
We just found a workcenter xd120f and plugged it in and we got the h4 message and tried your solution but it stayed at h4 what could be next to try, if it is the blown heat lamp where would i found a diagram to show me where it is at so we might replace it or do we put it out for the trash man? thank you

Re: Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Anonymous (8/18/05 8:05 PM) reply + / -
I had to retry my code clearing atempts several times before it worked.

Hope this helps.

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by kuby (8/19/05 5:47 AM) reply + / -
If it does not clear, then I would look at the heat lamp....

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by lcanvin (8/19/05 10:24 AM) reply + / -
Where would i find the heat lamp? i would also like to know where to get the diagram so i would know where it is and be able to replace it without tearing stuff apart i dont know what to do without instructions. We have no manual on it so we just hope we are pushing the correct buttons LOL. thank you for all your information.

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by kuby (8/20/05 1:10 PM) reply+1 + / -
Open the right side door. The black part with the wires on the right side of it is the fuser. You also have to take the back cover off. After you get that off you can unplug the wires and then there are two silver screws holding the fixing unit in place. Remove that screws and the fuser is free and should slide out. You can remove the heat lamp and see if it is blown. Probably looks kind of cloudy if it is.

Re: Xerox Workcentre XC 1045 H4 by newbie (9/9/05 7:27 PM) reply + / -
Does anyone know of a site I can download the parts diagram for the XC 1045? I think I will need to replace the heat lamp since I cant get the H4 cleared.

Re: Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Anonymous (10/4/05 7:15 AM) reply + / -
I have H4 error and someone posted how to fix...

CLEAR, EXPOSURE MODE, CLEAR, EXPOSURE MODE... then 14 to clear.

Don't know how to do this. What is exposure mode?

Seems like it worked for other guy with same problem.

Ralph

Re: Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Anonymous (10/6/05 10:48 AM) reply + / -
Wow! My printer works fine now after reseting the H code. Thanks!

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by hopeful (2/18/06 2:49 AM) reply + / -
My printer doesn't. Model XD125f
When copy, only show 3/4 of the paper.
What may be the problem?
Thank in advance.

Re: Re: Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Anonymous (2/21/06 10:49 AM) reply + / -
I have tried replacing the fuser ass'y. and am still getting H4 error code. Can anyone suggest what to do. Thanks.

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by kuby (2/22/06 5:16 AM) reply + / -
But did you reset the code...just replacing the fuser will not do it..the code must be reset.

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by thebomani (8/26/06 5:27 AM) reply + / -
What exactly is the EXPOSURE MODE on a Xeroc WorkCentre XD120F.

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by nobody (9/7/06 10:50 AM) reply + / -
Exposure mode = the far left button on the face (main panel) of the copier

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by jeff2 (edited 9/12/06 7:05 AM) reply + / -
have a ex88 with h4 code will this be resetable with the same reset as the xd120f ?

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by james.wsc (9/12/06 2:13 PM) reply+1 + / -
How To Clear an H4 Code Xerox xe88

Perform a Fault Reset 14

Performing a Fault Reset 14 will reset your WorkCentre and will help to clear error codes.

Find the pink Clear button on the Control Panel of the WorkCentre.
Find the button below the word Auto.
Press these buttons in the following sequence: [Clear], [Auto], [Clear], [Auto]
NOTE: All of the lights on the Control Panel should go out and the LED Display should go blank. If the lights do not go out, then repeat step 3 until they do. It may be necessary to increase or decrease the pace of the [Clear], [Auto], [Clear], [Auto] sequence.

Press the [10's] key one time and the [1's] key four times to enter '14' in the LED Display, as if you were to make 14 copies.
Press the green [Start] button.
Press the pink [Clear] button two times.
The WorkCentre should now warm up and come to ready.
If the above steps do not clear the error code, repeat steps 3 to 6 a second time.

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by i_know_every (10/6/06 8:57 AM) reply + / -
if u want the solution to the h4 error code try http://www.xerox-support.com

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Anonymous (1/6/07 7:59 AM) reply + / -
used the h4 rest on my xc1040 worked great
i only use it once a month i do not know why this happened
thank you

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by NorthStar1 (1/11/07 8:53 PM) reply + / -
my XD 125f prints really light on the left side. I'd like to try to fix it. If someone can help please let me know.

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Anonymous (1/20/07 6:07 PM) reply + / -
This worked GREAT on a WorkCentre XD155df!!!
Thanks a lot.
-Ponch

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Arturo M. Enriquez (1/25/07 10:36 AM) reply + / -
We just got the H 4 error message on our XC 830 this week. Does anyone have any suggestions on for this machine? Thanks in advance.

Re: Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Anonymous (2/14/07 9:23 AM) reply + / -
WOW, we were about to buy a new copier cause this one's so old, and probably not worth fixing... but i first got on google and did a search and found this and it worked!
( now work can just give me the money i was gonna spend on a new copier ;)

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Anonymous (3/2/07 1:45 PM) reply + / -
THANK YOU KUBY. I HAVE AN XD105F. THIS WORKED LIKE A CHARM AND I'M SURE YOU SAVED ME LOTS OF MONEY. NOW I DON'T HAVE TO CALL A TECH.

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Anonymous (3/13/07 2:12 AM) reply + / -
jesus!!!!
thx guys!u saved my 40 usd.....with this little help!
bless u all!

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by glasairnz (3/16/07 8:46 PM) reply + / -
the VERY BEST post on the internet today. You saved my life and a lot of money. Thank you so so much! Worked for me on an XD155DF, note to everyone that the Exposure button is the second in from the left on the XD155DF. Very nice thanks again. Xerox were going to come and charge me US$700 to repair this problem, they should live in this forum so they can provide better service to their customers

Re: Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Anonymous (3/28/07 7:11 PM) reply + / -
Dude, you're great! I got the H4 code tonight, typed it in to Google, came straight here, and you fixed it! TYVM!

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by jkoerner (5/20/07 9:59 PM) reply + / -
I was trying to resolve an H3 error on a XC1255. The Xerox support page says the Fault Reset 14 fix is to press Clear-Auto-Clear-Auto,
but that did not work.

I was about to buy a $190 fuser assembly, when I finally found this thread -- and kuby's mention that on the XC1255, the Clear-Auto-Clear-Auto sequence must be done within 4 seconds, which did the trick!

Who is this kuby wizard and where does he FIND such essential information?

Re: Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by kuby (5/22/07 5:16 AM) reply + / -
Always glad to help, been doing this since 1982.

Re: Xerox Workcentre xe88f Error message C1 by Daniela (6/4/07 3:54 PM) reply + / -
Hello, I have an old xerox workcentre xe88 and it developed a problem with the paper path.
First it made a major grinding noise and then the paper stopped at the glass roller.
Eventually the grinding noise stopped, now it starts like nothing is wrong, but the paper stops at the fuser roller and gets all crumpled up and goes no further.
I tried passing a stiff cardboard in backwards and it goes in but you have to really really push it.
I get a C1 error message.
I felt inside the machine and there are no foreign object that I can feel.
What can I do to fix it? I'd like to open the machine and see inside, but I have no idea how.
Is there a dismantling manual somewhere I can get?
thanks
DG

Re: Re: Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Anonymous (6/19/07 4:16 AM) reply + / -
Worked for my XC-1040 too. Thanks. I like people who know what they are doing!

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by kuby (6/19/07 5:40 AM) reply + / -
Daniela, you might have a fuser gear broken, Check and make sure that the fuser rollers are turning.

The C1 error is Front Door Open.

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message E2 by Daniela (6/19/07 7:35 AM) reply + / -
Yeah, I realized after I closed the door that the code changed to E2.
Can the gear be replaced or is it beyond a dumb user ability to do? and could I get parts and instructions somewhere?
I'd like to be able to keep this machine going for a long time...
I like they way it worked, when it did.
Besides having to change the paper lever thingy that broke at least 4 times during the warranty period and once after, the machine has been pretty good...
Thanks for your reply.
Daniela

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by kuby (6/21/07 5:38 AM) reply + / -
There is a lot to replacing the fuser heat lamp on this machine. It is not just taking a few screws out, you have to take covers off, hinges, operation control unit, etc. Sharp did not make it easy.

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Benny B (6/21/07 6:35 AM) reply + / -
Kuby,

In your opinion what are the most often discarded printers that are the easiest to repair?

I started this thread in June of 2005 and look how many people you have helped save their printers. Please know that I am so thankful to have met you here.
Keep up the GREAT job monitoring this thread. Your knowledge has greatly reduced the number of printers going to the landfill.

Benny B

Re: Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Daniela (6/21/07 7:42 AM) reply + / -
so, there isn't a repair manual I could get somewhere?
If I get the part from Xerox, would they send me instructions on how to replace it?
Maybe I'll give them a call and see what they say, and if that doesn't help I'll chuck it and get a new one.
thanks for the help,
Daniela

Re: Xerox XC1255 H4 Error by pta (7/6/07 7:26 AM) reply-1 + / -
My Xerox XC1255 is suffering due to a brown out last evening. Error code H4 is shown in the window.

I tried following the step mentioned earlier, however, the pushing of the buttons, CLEAR, and EXPOSURE MODE have no effect on the copier. However, while the CLEAR button is pressed, the error code changes to 00, but once the button is released, the error code H4 cycles again.

What next, is it time for a service call, or is there something that I can do to fix the problem myself?

Thanks

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by sue o (7/6/07 7:56 AM) reply + / -
Please note that the sequence is: clear, exposure, clear, exposure. The panel should be blank. If not, then you are not doing the sequence properly and you are not in service mode. Perhaps you need someone else's eyes looking at the reset and/or performing the reset. I know that sometimes I benefit from someone else's perspective.

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by mike-d (7/6/07 1:07 PM) reply + / -
I'm responding in reference to the E2 code. Any of the XE series machines usually require service for this, one trusted place that still repairs them is Cybertest:

http://www.equipfix.com/xerox-wcxe88.aspx

Re: Re: Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Anonymous (8/7/07 10:28 PM) reply + / -
This was great help for me, you are The One.

Re: Xerox Copier - H3 Error Code by kslusarick (9/3/07 3:48 PM) reply+1 + / -
Does anyone know what the flashing H 3 error code means? How to clear it? Thanks so much!!

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by kuby (9/4/07 5:24 AM) reply + / -
You clear it same as H4, H3 means High fuser temperature.

Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Unknownsouljah (9/19/07 10:35 AM) reply + / -
We have the XD120f and have tried the clear steps for the error H4 but it does not clear. We ordered the Fuser replacement, but have NO idea where it goes. Does anyone know of instructions or where this part goes?

Regards

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by kuby (9/19/07 4:14 PM) reply + / -
If you would have read up the posts, you would have found one that reads:

Open the right side door. The black part with the wires on the right side of it is the fuser. You also have to take the back cover off. After you get that off you can unplug the wires and then there are two silver screws holding the fixing unit in place. Remove that screws and the fuser is free and should slide out. You can remove the heat lamp and see if it is blown. Probably looks kind of cloudy if it is.

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD125f Error message H 4 by coeurby (9/21/07 1:05 PM) reply + / -
I like to reper my machine

Re: XC1255 Jamming (Rollers ?) / Xerox by Paulsh (11/18/07 5:24 PM) reply + / -
Hi -
Can anyone PLEASE help me with my Xerox XC1255 Copier.

It seems to make copies ok - but it jams in the paper path at the point the paper meets the last set of rollers prior to exiting into the tray.

If it is making copies, I assume that the toner and drum are ok. I see a lot of gears in the paper path, and I assume all the gears should turn. How do I know what is causing the jam?

Any help would be appreciated, I am a student on a tight budget and really want to fix this myself. How do I purchase a technician's manual for the XC1255 and get a parts list ?

Thanks for your assistance,
Paul
hsoni@yahoo.com

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Anonymous (12/30/07 10:32 AM) reply+1 + / -
Followed kuby directions to remove H4 error and worked like a charm. Many thanks

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by slowtolearn (1/26/08 1:27 PM) reply + / -

Xerox WorkCener XD103F

Upper gear on fuser assembly is broken. Canít see how to remove fuser from unit. Two screws in assembly disconnects fuser from unit but power wires prevent removal. Must be a connector behind the back panel, but not immediately obvious how to remove the back.

Suggestions?

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by slowtolearn (1/26/08 1:31 PM) reply + / -
User name is serious. Just understood the forum and realize I sent this to the incorrect thread. Sorry. Will try to find the correct one. Please accept my apology.

Re: Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Anonymous (2/13/08 6:37 PM) reply + / -
THANK YOU VERY, VERY, MUCH. This fixed my Xerox XC820 copy machine. You do know your stuff. I had an H3 not an H4, but it fixed it. Thank You, again.

Error message H 4 Xerox copier XC-1045 by Jimhart (3/30/08 5:04 PM) reply+1 + / -
This error code started flashing on my copier after a power brown out. What is the copier telling me and what sould I do?
Thanks in advance
Jim

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by kuby (3/31/08 6:09 AM) reply+1 + / -
IF YOU would have read up the page you would have found the solution to your problem....

try reseting the H code (must be done within 4 seconds)

Press CLEAR, EXPOSURE MODE (AUTO), CLEAR, EXPOSURE MODE (AUTO). The display should go blank. Then enter 14 with the copy count keys and press START. If the machine does not turn off and back on by itself - then turn it Off and back on. See if the H code comes back.

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message J2 by John Layne Harmon (5/14/08 12:21 PM) reply + / -
A circular icon is blinking red, and the J2 is coming up on the screen. Help please.

Re: Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message J2 by kuby (5/15/08 7:19 AM) reply + / -
Need to change drum unit ( copy cartridge )

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message l1 by captain1265 (5/26/08 6:01 PM) reply + / -
Hi kuby
thanks for your reset tips but now i'm getting l1 message
KUBY IS THE GURU MAN in copier machine fix up

many thanks and will be glad to fix the l1

Re: Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message l1 by kuby (5/27/08 5:29 AM) reply + / -
A L1 is a scanner problem. Is that the code??

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by MirandaX (6/6/08 1:22 PM) reply + / -
Have a xerox XD120f. No error messages or alerts, however, copies are not crisp and have light lines down the lengths. Any thoughts out there?

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by kuby (6/6/08 3:25 PM) reply + / -
Three things it could be, Drum cartridge, toner unit, fuser unit.

xerox xc1255 A1 error message by pastorj (7/8/08 9:47 AM) reply + / -
begins to make copy. stops and gives A1. Open up top and copy is sitting right there before going thru last mechanism and out of the copier. Copy has print on it but rubs off with finger. Help

Re: xerox xc1255 A1 error message by Anonymous (7/8/08 12:52 PM) reply + / -
From Previous Post:
"begins to make copy. stops and gives A1. Open up top and copy is sitting right there before going thru last mechanism and out of the copier. Copy has print on it but rubs off with finger. Help"
-------------------------------------------

Hi -

I have the exact same problem with my XC1255.
If anyone can tell me how to fix this - please
respond to this message board. Would really appreciate
your help. Thanks.

Re: Re: xerox xc1255 A1 error message by Paulsh (7/8/08 12:55 PM) reply + / -
From Previous Post:
"begins to make copy. stops and gives A1. Open up top and copy is sitting right there before going thru last mechanism and out of the copier. Copy has print on it but rubs off with finger. Help"
-------------------------------------------

Hi -

I have the exact same problem with my XC1255.
If anyone can tell me how to fix this - please
respond to this message board. Would really appreciate
your help. Thanks.

Re: Xerox XC1040 by Joe J (8/11/08 2:53 PM) reply + / -
I have a problem with my Xerox XC1040 - the paper does not feed through. It gets to the fuser and the paper jam icon lights up on the control panel. When I opened the machine to remove the paper jam, there was unfused printed toner on about 2/3 of the page. The jam occured at the entry point of the fuser rolls. Since the first 5/8 inch of the copy appears to have had heat from the toner, it did start through.
I have had this machine in light duty use in my office and I really like it. I was unable to find a service manual on the web.
Thanks, I would really appreciate some help to solve this problem.

Joe J.

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by kuby (8/11/08 3:03 PM) reply+1 + / -
Fuser gear is probably broken. Have to pull the fuser and replace it.

Re: Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Anonymous (8/11/08 3:55 PM) reply + / -
Hi Kuby....

Thank you for the quick response, greatly appreciated. I will let you know about the success after replacing the fuser.

Joe J.

Re: Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Frankedelic (9/7/08 2:32 PM) reply + / -
Thank you this worked perfectly for me, now I ony need a few new catridges,....

Re: Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Anonymous (10/25/08 7:21 AM) reply + / -
I had the same H4 error message on my Xerox copy machine. I was looking to purchase another copier when I saw your fix for the H4 error message. I tried the clear, exposure, clear exposure mode & the display went blank. Then I put 14 on the number of prints & pressed start & it cleared the H4 error message. I just wanted to say thanks for your post. I did not have to purchase another copier or pay a labor fee. Thanks again.

Re: Xerox XC 1040C Copier by JAG (11/16/08 4:45 PM) reply + / -
Anyone know if the counter on the drum can be reset. The machine around 10 yrs old but was making decent copies. Not sure if it is worth the price of a new drum if it can be reset.

Thank you.

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by kuby (11/17/08 5:20 AM) reply+1 + / -
JAG

Enter Diagnostics...Turn power on and within 4 seconds press the following...CLEAR, EXOSURE MODE, CLEAR, EXPOSURE MODE (Exposure Mode is the button on the far left)

The diplay should go blank, Select 24, press START, select 7, press START. Turn power off and then on.

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by JAG (11/17/08 6:52 PM) reply + / -
Thank you. I cleared the counter and have the copy machine back in service.

JAG

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Anonymous (1/3/09 2:20 PM) reply + / -
Thank you very very much for your advice about H4 error ... it works very good after I sufferring too much before again thank you very much

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD125 by KariH (3/16/09 5:12 PM) reply + / -
Hi, looking for some help if possible.

I have a Xerox Workcentre XD 125 F.

Suddenly paper can't exit the machine. The copies seem to be copying fine but at the very end of the copy process, they are bunching up at the last roller like an accordion. Then the machine flashes a paper jam error.

And advice?

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Ludie (4/23/09 6:15 PM) reply + / -
I just had the same problem on my XC1040. We had a power outage this week which cause the problem. Just followed Kuby direction and it worked. Thanks saved me a service call.

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Anonymous (5/2/09 10:08 AM) reply + / -
The display of my Xerox XD120f READS H4 HOW DO i GET OUT OF THIS PROBLEM/HOW CAN I SOLVE IT ? PLEASE HELP ME

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by kuby (5/2/09 12:12 PM) reply + / -
If you read up the page........it is clear how to solve your problem.
try reseting the H code

Press CLEAR, EXPOSURE MODE, CLEAR, EXPOSURE MODE. The display should go blank. Then enter 14 with the copy count keys and press START. If the machine does not turn off and back on by itself - then turn it Off and back on. See if the H code comes back.

If it comes back on then the fuser lamp might be out.

Re: Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by w-m (7/29/09 12:13 PM) reply + / -
so my xerox workcentre xd105f has the same problem (the error code h4) but when i tired what you posted for the other guy it didn't work. do you have a fix for me?

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by kuby (7/30/09 5:19 AM) reply + / -
Press CLEAR, EXPOSURE MODE, CLEAR, EXPOSURE MODE. (must be done within 4 seconds) The entire display will go blank, using the quantity keys enter 14 and press START. Then turn power off and back on.

If the H4 code comes back then it is either Heat Lamp, bad Thermal Fuse, bad Thermistor. (more than likely the Heat Lamp is blown)

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by geebee509 (8/5/09 10:44 AM) reply + / -
KUBY

Great job, thank you. You have amazing patience repeating the same instructions time after time.

Your advice helped me find the Fuser Assembly and remove it.

For those who would like to do this, I'd like to add that you have to remove 3 screws to remove the back cover of the copier. Two are located under the top document cover toward the back. To get to them pull up the document cover until the two posts come out of the top of the machine, then remove the screws. Put the top back on. Remove one screw at the back about half way down. You'll see where it separates from the rest of the case. Once the back cover is off you will see the wires to the fuser assy. Unplug them and you can then remove two screws that hold the fuser and pull the assembly out.

The Xerox support page says if the paper jams up like an accordion that the pressure roller is not turning and to replace the fuser assy. The assembly number they give is TM-KD058 but that number is not recognized any more. I called their service parts number (800-828-5881) and they advised the new part number is 126N180 (or P/N 126N181 the alternate P/N). The price today was $189 plus $14 shipping and $16 tax so it is about $218.

I think it is a good copier and will last a bit longer so I went for it. However, you can get a comparable new Xerox with a new drum, warranty, and better computer connectivity for about $600. The choice is yours.

Gil

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Scytex (8/5/09 12:57 PM) reply + / -
If you would like your fuser drive gear and frame doublet gear to last longer place a few drops of fuser oil on the hot roll bushings
you can do this with the fuser unit out of the machine.

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by nobleolagoke (8/22/09 2:49 AM) reply + / -
HELLO

MY XEROX 5008RE SHOWS ME H ERROR, I CHECKED THE HEATER LAMP AND I REALIZED IT'S BROKEN WHILE TRANSPORTING IT. SO I DECIDED TO CHANGE IT BUT IT STILL SHOWS THE H ERROR. TRIED USING THESE CODES POSTED HERE BUT THE AUTO EXPOSURE BUTTON ON THIS MACHINE IS LIKE AN ANALOG SWITCH AND I DON'T KNOW WHICH WAY TO TURN THE SWITCH... THERE ARE TWO INDICATOR IMAGES PASTED HERE... ONE SHOWS A BLANK PAPER WHILE THE OTHER SHOWS A DARK PAPER... PLS WHICH WAY DO I TURN IT AS I TRIED BOTH AT DIFFERENT TIMES BUT DIDN'T WORK

THANKS

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by nobleolagoke (8/22/09 6:24 AM) reply + / -
in addition, the top cover does not even move when the machine is turned on (it is not scanning)

Thanks in advance

Re: Re: Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message J2 by Anonymous (9/4/09 4:27 PM) reply + / -
I have the same J2 error message and I replaced the toner cartridge. Is that not the same as the drum unit? Because if it is, I am having the same problem. Thanks

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by kuby (9/10/09 5:16 AM) reply + / -
nobleolagoke, test the thermal breaker, if tripped you must resest it. The 5008RE is not like the XD120f machines.

Re: Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Anonymous (9/10/09 7:27 AM) reply + / -
Thanks. I was not pressing the buttons quick enough. I know this was posted a few years ago BUT IT WORKED GREAT. Saved a call.
THANKS ..DM

Re: Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Anonymous (9/10/09 6:06 PM) reply + / -
Thanks for the advise .... xd125f had the h4 error and has cleared up with your recommendation .....

EA

Re: Xerox XC 1045 Exposure light doesn't work by lfrenchie (10/2/09 9:07 AM) reply + / -
Could someone tell me what is the next possible cause for the exposure light not working after the light itself has been replaced. Thanks for any suggestions!

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Anonymous (10/15/09 6:40 AM) reply + / -
Thanks everyone but it still didnt work soi gave up on it

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by HARVEYMS (10/25/09 2:55 PM) reply + / -
XEROX XD 125F

I NEED TO REPLACE THE FUSER GEAR ON MY XEROX XD125F. DOES ANYONE HAVE INSTRUCTIONS, SCHEMATICS OR ADVICE.

THANKS,

HARVEY
PROVIDENCE, RI

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Anonymous (1/3/10 1:38 PM) reply + / -
Oh my God! just fixed my XD105f baed on James.wsc detailed insructions "clear" "auto" etc.
It works !!
I immediately canceled a service call with estimate ranging betwen $100-$200

Thanx James

Re: Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Leslie M (1/29/10 9:26 AM) reply + / -
Many Thanks!!! to james.wsc and kuby for this information. Found you through googling my XD 125f L6 error. The Fault Reset 14 procedure worked like a charm the first time.

Didn't have any brown outs or power surges here - I had just taken my Xerox for a visit to the local office machine tech that sold it to me because the replacement toner I got from them wouldn't go all the way in. When I got it back to the office and plugged it in, got the L6 error.

As the plumbers say - it's all in knowing how! Thank you for sharing your know-how. Have a wonderful day.

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by msadesign (8/28/10 11:12 AM) reply + / -
A little update from 2010: this worked for me this morning, too.

Xerox Workcentre XD120f drum reset by mrocolorado (10/28/10 3:21 PM) reply + / -
I replaced the drum and now the machine won't print. Is there a process to reset the machine when the drum is replaced?

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by kuby (edited 10/29/10 6:35 AM) reply + / -
If the drum reset did not take place when you installed the New drum unit then you have to do the manual reset.

Enter Diagnostics...Turn power on and within 4 seconds press the following...CLEAR, EXOSURE MODE, CLEAR, EXPOSURE MODE (Exposure Mode is the button on the far left)

The display should go blank, Select 24, press START, select 7, press START. Turn power off and then on.

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by hogwild (3/10/11 12:19 PM) reply + / -
Hi Kuby:

I have a question about our XD120f. The single copy document feeder on top usually doesn't pick up the paper and then we get a jam error message (A1).

Occasionally, it picks up the paper, copies some of the pages, and then jams with the same error code.

Is there anything I can do about this?

Thanks in advance. You are amazingly helpful.

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by kuby (3/10/11 12:26 PM) reply + / -
Try cleaning or replacing the document feeder feed rollers and separation pad.

Re: Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by hogwild (3/10/11 8:53 PM) reply + / -
Document feed rollers look clean. But then again, the only printers I ever repaired were HP Laserjets.

What does dirty look like? What do I use to clean them?

Oh, and thanks. I'll await your reply.

hogwild

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by kuby (3/10/11 9:49 PM) reply + / -
Clean with alcohol or replace feed roller and sep pad

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Fasteddie2526 (3/11/11 10:01 AM) reply + / -
I am getting a H 4 code I had a very bad power surge losed a few other items. I read some of the other question. on how to reset. but i don't know what buttons to press like the clear and the exposure mode

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by kuby (3/11/11 10:34 AM) reply+1 + / -
Press CLEAR, EXPOSURE MODE, CLEAR, EXPOSURE MODE. (must be done within 4 seconds) The entire display will go blank, using the quantity keys enter 14 and press START. Then turn power off and back on.

If the H4 code comes back then it is either Heat Lamp, bad Thermal Fuse, bad Thermistor. (more than likely the Heat Lamp is blown)

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Nadeen (7/15/11 1:42 PM) reply + / -
I've read and tried the instructions given to various people. I've unplugged the machine. Taken the cord of the machine.
Shaken the toner. pressed every key and the code H 4 WILL NOT GO AWAY........HEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPP!!!!!!

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Nadeen (7/15/11 1:45 PM) reply + / -
I forgot to mention the machine is a Xerox, XC830.

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by kuby (7/15/11 2:43 PM) reply+1 + / -
Press CLEAR, (Auto) EXPOSURE MODE, CLEAR, (Auto) EXPOSURE MODE. (must be done within 4 seconds) The entire display will go blank, using the quantity keys enter 14 and press START. Then turn power off and back on.

Does it let you Reset the code. The above procedure MUST be done within 4 seconds.

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by Nadeen (7/15/11 3:57 PM) reply + / -
THANK YOU VERY MUCH. IT WORKED.

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by shargog (7/27/11 8:12 AM) reply + / -
I have a XC1255 With the drum light blinking. It won't print. So I replace the drum. The drum light continues blinking and won't print. I can't clear the drum light out and get it printing again.

Any ideas?

Xerox xc1255 by shargog (edited 7/27/11 8:23 AM) reply + / -
I have a XC1255 With the drum light blinking. It won't print. So I replace the drum. The drum light continues blinking and won't print. I can't clear the drum light out and get it printing again.

Any ideas?

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by scapi32 (7/27/11 8:45 AM) reply + / -
Kuby already gave the answer for this, read from the top

Re: Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by shargog (7/27/11 9:03 AM) reply + / -
Thanks scapi32, I have read the entire thread and tried Kuyb's suggestions.

It has to be more than just clearing codes out. In fact, there is no code for this problem showing. It's just the blinking drum light. Again, I have replaced the drum, but the light won't stop blinking, and I can't get the printer to do anything really. It's stuck there with a blinking drum light.

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by kuby (7/27/11 11:28 AM) reply+1 + / -

The diplay should go blank, Select 24, press START, select 7, press START. Turn power off and then on.

This is the manual drum reset when unstalling a new drum and it did not reset automatically.

Re: Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by shargog (7/27/11 2:05 PM) reply + / -
Kuby!!!

You are a genius. That is definitely the kind of information that should be put in a user manual.

And to think I spent time this afternoon looking at a new copier...You don't get paid enough for this Kuby, and I can't thank you enough.

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by sfsurgeons@aol.com (9/2/11 5:35 PM) reply + / -
Xerox XC1255 has about a 2 inch dark streak down length of page, worse with progressive copying. Have cleaned coroton wire, cleaned drum cartridge, first few copies OK, then gets worse again.

Is this the drum cartridge? The drum cartridge indicator is not lit on panel.

Thanks for any input.

Fred

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD120f Error message H 4 by kuby (9/3/11 6:35 AM) reply + / -
Yes that sounds like the cleaning blade is not doing its job. Change the drum unit.

Re:Xerox XC 1045 by Peggy W (2/3/12 5:18 PM) reply + / -
I've had this Xerox workhorse printer for 15 years and I love it. Just today it got a paper jam with an A1 code and I can't get it to work. I removed the jammed paper and rebooted it. Still the document feeder won't work. I can't even copy an individual sheet on the glass.

I looked at the Xerox website where they suggested putting a manila folder through the paper route to see if there was some small piece stuck. I tried that and there isn't anything stuck.

I saw someone suggesting putting alcohol or windex on the wheels. Could you explain that to me?

Also, are there any other suggestions.

I very much appreciate your time.

Peggy

Re: Xerox Workcentre XD125f Error message L 6 by B.Carter (2/7/14 11:13 AM) reply + / -
Xerox Workcentre XD125f Has error Code L6. Any idea what it could be?? I want to service it myself.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters