fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset?

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by doyle (5/4/05 1:26 PM) reply+1 + / -
After refilling my black cartridge for the first time I still have a low ink level message each time I send a print job. I am on XP with a dell 8600 laptop. I would like the low ink level indicator to work, so I will know when to next refill my cartridge. Any suggestions? (And thank you all -- I'm new to the site, seems like a great place to share information.)

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by Denny Conway (5/4/05 2:04 PM) reply + / -
doyle: I'm sorry, I am not framiliar with, or even trained on Dell Printers. However, most of the newer printers have "IC Chips" [tiny electrical chips] actually installed on the ink cartridges. Check your ink cartridges and see if they have those IC Chips installed. If so, then that could be your problem. Most of the newer models of printers, calculate the amount of ink remaining in an ink cartridge, using an IC Chip thats located on the actual ink cartridge. Even if the cartridge is refilled, the amount of ink remaining will not be recalculated by the IC Chip and the amount available for use will not change. You would have to try and locate an "Ink Chip Resetter", to buy and use to actually reset the IC Chip on those ink cartridges. If your printers ink cartridges have those IC Chips installed, then as soon as the printer thinks those cartridges are empty, it will usually shut down your printer, until that ink cartridge or cartrdges are replaced...Denny Conway

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by LincolnR (5/4/05 3:15 PM) reply + / -
Most Dell printers are re-badged Lexmark machines, and while I'm not a huge fan of Lexmark, I've heard their all-in-one and laser machines are much better than their cheapo inkjet machines of Wal-Mart fame, so I'll put some time into this question.

I researched, and have discovered, according to this source: http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,117556,00.asp
that the Dell 922 is a re-badged Lexmark x5270

I can't really find much information on the chipped cartridges, but this page has some info on the cartridges (It also lists the Lexmark part numbers of the ink cartridges, however, I read somewhere that the Dell printer will not accept the Lexmark cartridges. I guess they could be chipped differently, so you have to pay even more money for re-badged cartridges.

Sorry I couldn't have been of more help

Lincoln

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by doyle (5/4/05 11:10 PM) reply + / -
Thank you Denny and Lincoln, both for the information and the quick response. At least I have some understanding of the problem, but I am interested in pursuing this further, if either of you come up with anything more I will certainly be interested. I am slow to change things that work, I have had, and still have an HP IIIp that I have used for years and still enjoy very much, I would be using it now as soon as I figure out how to connect it to a UCB terminal, and will initiate a post if I can't find the info in prior post using the search. I do not like being frustrated by manufacturers, it goes against my belief in open architecture -- damn shortsighted bean counters are at it again I'm sure. Thanks guys, ask me about tomatoes if your are having any problems with yours.

Doyle ^-^

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by Denny Conway (5/5/05 9:20 AM) reply + / -
doyle: You're welcome! I'm sorry we could not help you further...Denny Conway

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by artd (6/2/06 2:32 PM) reply + / -
the lexmark equivalent for the dell922 black ink is lexmark 32 HOWEVER. the Dell top has two bumps on the top of the cartridge that the lexmark does not. Dell reads these bumps and says it is an illegal cartridge. i have read in other posts that if you switch the ink cartidge holddown clips with the lexmark version it will accept the lexmark cartridge but I have not tried that; has anyone on the 922

Re: Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by Anonymous (10/9/06 3:07 PM) reply + / -
Hy.You resolve that problem?Sorry no spek really good english :)I have an 922 and when i insert the cartidge the prins say Left cartidge Incorect and Right cartidge incorect :)Pls respond :)

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by rocket 96 (12/11/06 5:05 AM) reply + / -
Pls tell me! I purchased new cart. because my X5270 was telling me the cart. was incorrect. It was not fooled and still will not print because doesn't reckon cart is correct. Resetting memory may help, but I don't know how. Nearly ready to apply hammer.

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by Anonymous (2/15/07 5:05 PM) reply + / -
i have recently refilled my cartridges for the 922 and it seemed to work well ... i recomend using nu.kote brand to refill its about 14.99 at wall mart and it comes with a color and black refill

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by Hien Ngo (2/20/07 11:42 AM) reply + / -

Hi!!
I have a problem with Dell Dell AIO 922.
Everything is ok, printer from computer, copy (color or black).
Why does not "Scan" work at the begining...long time ago .. about 3 years ago???
I hope that usful answer from you!
Thank you very much.
Hien Ngo

I set my AIO 922 Dell printer on default by A.Rhein (4/12/07 7:39 AM) reply + / -
After setting my Dell AIO 922 printer on default just to get it to print I do not get the ink level warning box on my screen anymore.How do I fix this this? Art.

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by RicoSuave (6/11/07 3:08 PM) reply + / -
I don't know how to reset it. I have the problem with the Staples ink cartridge made FOR the 922 Dell printer. I really like this printer, but I did not have this problem with the Dell cartridges so I assume that it has to be the chip recognition. Is anyone having the same problem with the Dell cartridges ?

Gato

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by yachtguy (6/22/07 6:37 PM) reply + / -
I refilled both black and color cartridges on my AIO922 and kept getting the low ink warning. It got down to telling me I had 3 pages left to print and stayed there. The printer sill works just fine. I wanted to get rid of that annoying message so I played around and came up with the following.
Open Contro Panel, Click on Printer & Faxes, right click on 922 printer icon. click on printer preferences, click on Options, click on printer status options. There are 3 options at this point. The first is the box in bottom corner which is the default and contains the low ink message. Select the second option which is "Display printer status minimized in Taskbar." This will show printing status but NO low ink warning. The third option is to not display printer status at all.

Re: Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by Anonymous (6/25/07 5:27 AM) reply + / -
yatchguy, Thank you for you info. However, on my Dell 922, it does say at the bottom of the Options menu that the low ink status will display regardless. And it does. Thanks

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by Anonymous (6/28/07 8:50 AM) reply + / -
you guys are all dumb

Re: Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by Anonymous (7/4/07 2:12 PM) reply + / -
thank you - and that is because we try to help each other and you are a genius that needs no help.

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by mecca (9/19/07 10:51 PM) reply + / -
I have the same printer with the very same problem. message is ink cartiage is low, i have install a new office depot cartiage that is identical to dell brand and my printer will not print or reconigize new cartiage. please help

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by Anonymous (9/21/07 10:01 AM) reply + / -
It cannot be fixed unless you reset the chip on the cartridge. Period. No other way. Punto. Se fini.

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by MarieM (9/21/07 12:49 PM) reply + / -
The low ink warning is very common in Dell and Lexmark printers. There is no way to make it go away. There is no chip to reset. It is in the electronics of the cartridge. It is price we pay for refilling. Also if the printer does not recognize your cartridge there is again nothing you can do but take it back and get your money back. Again this is the electronics. Hope this helps even if it is bad news.

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by Anonymous (9/23/07 8:44 PM) reply + / -
best thing to do is disable the printer sound settings so you dont hear the message you can do this with lexmark printers not sure about dell either that or try to locate the sound file and delete it.

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by JSinHB (10/7/07 8:26 PM) reply + / -
I was curious if I could avoid the high cost of printer cartridges and I can! After I refilled, the printer status was above the top in the status window. I bought a kit from Fry's (a local electronics/computer retailer). The kit was made by INNOJET. It was a black refill only. Even though my printer (Dell 922 or the Lexmark equivalent x5270 were not in the list on the instructions that came inside the box, The Syringe and the black ink were all that was needed. I could not find a hole so I drilled one (5/64) under the label (which comes off quite easily with a single-edged razor blade). Under the label. near the front edge of the cartridge (near the contacts), are two indentations (circular, almost-holes). I drilled through the one on the right (looking from above, 5/64) and was able to fit about two syringes full of ink into the cartridge. The label had plenty of stick 'em left so I smoothed it back down. Inserted the cartridge and it prints good as new. So the kit cost $9.99 and had 3 bottles of black ink and a bottle of cleaner (for the syringe). The cartridge took almost an entire bottle. So I will get at least three ($25+) refills for my 10 bucks. and so should you. Thanks everyone who posted, I was hesitant to try this but I am very glad I did.

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by Anonymous (10/10/07 7:38 AM) reply + / -
Yes, I think we all or most know that the cartridges can be filled if one really wants to and you also proved that (nice description by the way), but how did the low ink warning status go away? That is the real issue. I did not see where you were able to overcome that. A few people did the same thing you did and the chip on the cartridge ignored the fact that the cartridge was full again.

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by Anony (10/23/07 7:36 AM) reply + / -
I work on designing ink-jet printing devices. The ink-jet printer cartridge market contains high profit margins. The Dell cartridge is a Lexmark cartridge. Any company that repackages Lexmark products under their own name wants to have the highly profitable ink jet cartridge business for themselves. They only want their repackaged ink jet cartridges to be used only in their repackaged ink jet printer. They do this mechanically and electrically. ARTD above found the mechanical method. Those bumps on the back of the cartridge is the first line of defense. They prevent a Lexmark cartridge from being used in a Dell printer. But you can defeat this prettty easily. That's why there is the second line of defense. In each cartridge is ROM and WORM memory (along with the ASIC). Some of the memory is dedicated to things like cartridge serial number, original capacity, vendor ID. These are stored in ROM. The gas guage is stored in WORM. The Dell printer driver is programmed to only accept cartridges with ID's it likes. There are a number of bits dedicated to the gas guage. As a certain number of dots are fired, another bit is burned. When you run out of bits, you are out of ink. This is all accompished with the printer driver on your PC. The driver associates the unique cartrdige serial number with the number of dots fired. It handles a command interface to the cartridge that tells it when to print or burn a gas guage bit. When I say burn a bit, it really gets burned. The bit is a fuse that gets burned when the correct command is sent to the cartridge by the driver. Once it is burned, it cannot be reset. It's a fuse, not a circuit breaker. Give up trying to reset a "chip" on the cartridge. There isn't one. Just a fairly simple ASIC running the firing and command interface. Once the gas guage bits are burned, refilling the cartridge will not reset them. You will forever have the driver tell you that you are out of ink. You have to figure out how to ignore it.

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by Anonymous (10/24/07 7:51 AM) reply + / -
Thank you - one explanation that makes sense

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by anony also (11/7/07 7:54 PM) reply + / -
well explained.

Re: Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by Anonymous (11/13/07 10:23 AM) reply + / -
Hi Anony - what is your real name? I want to THANK YOU for educating me (us) on how and why my refilled and recycled ink cartriges are giving me such problems on my Dell AIO 922. Can I PLEASE have your real email address so I can contact you in the future? Maybe you teach a printer class online or something? I'm real big on how and why things work (or not work, LOL!) :D Kimberly Kay

Re: Re: Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by Anonymous (11/19/07 12:39 PM) reply + / -
My pleasure on being able to set things straight. I would like to do give you my email addy, but I don't like having personal info on the net, hence "anony". If you have the courage to post your real email address on the net, I will respond to that.

Re: Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset by sromes1 (12/2/07 12:54 PM) reply + / -
Hi I just got a dell 926. It been a while since I did any programming , but would tracing though the driver code and changing the instruction the reads chip to a no op instruction fix the problem. I remember years ago when visacalc (spreadsheet software) came out. I was able to trace thru the code , once found I renamed the exe to a txt file and edited the instruction so it would not look for a crc error on the disk. When the original disk was made it was made to have a read error at a particular location. When the software was executed if would check for a read error , if none was found then it was assumed copied and stopped running. By not having the check done.. the copied version worked. This was almost 25 years ago and I'm just not up to snuff on this new stuff anymore, but would like to know what you or anyone here thinks. It seems to me that the write to chip instruction should be easy to find. I could probably do it , but need to brush up on the new code and get a diasmbler etc.
thanks steve

Re: Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by Anonymous (12/3/07 4:31 PM) reply + / -
Thx 4 your input and advice about drilling the front left hand top hole of the printed circuit
it showed a new ink level and was able to print. i was previously recharging cartridge before getting to low for about 2 years for office work untill i let it go to low again thankyou

Re: Re: Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I r by sromes1 (12/4/07 4:02 PM) reply + / -
hi all
I didn't see the posting about the drilling of the hole in the front left hand of circuit board. Just saw the thx for the input and advice. How deep should the hole be drilled. I have a A926 Dell AIO on my cartlidge I see 3 round spots on the board. top left and right and one middle center. will this work for me?
thanks steve

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by Anonymous (12/12/07 11:34 AM) reply + / -
Just curious, I refilled my 922 and get the warning, but it is printing fine. is this issue just about getting the error message, or does this prevent you from printing at some point?

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by Anonymous (12/27/07 9:56 AM) reply + / -
Forget this problem, just throw away your dell printer and buy a canon instead. they cost under 75$ usually and that is what 3 cartidges. Cartridges cost like 5$ and you can get 3$ back when you take the to officemax. Dell is terrible in everyway. boycott them. Every help thing of theirs says buy new cartridges. wtf. and also...DO NOT recycle your cartridges in the bags they provide so they can refill them and sell them back to you. i hope that anyone who reads this takes a sledge to their dell printer.

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by Holdengrey (1/8/08 6:53 AM) reply + / -
Remove the cartridges from the 922 and close the lids on the cartridge containers and then remove the power source from the printer.
Leave with power disconnected for at least 2 mins and then reconnect to power supply, the cartridge carriage will move across and back again. Disconnect the power again.

REPEAT THIS OPERATION ABOUT 6 TIMES. ENSURE YOU REMOVE THE POWER SOURCE TO THE PRINTER AND DO NOT JUST USE THE ON/OFF SWITCH.

Refit the non Dell cartridges and print an alignment copy.

Worked for me. Ink levels now showing.

Re: Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by Anonymous (1/10/08 12:42 PM) reply + / -
Okay, my printer message is "Black Ink Cartridge Missing" (even when it is re-filled and correctly installed) bottom line, can these Dell cartridges be re-filled, yes or no. and, is the Print Driver in the pc or in the printer? could I delete my printer from the pc then reinstall it? would that reenable the cartridge

Re: Re: Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by Anonymous (1/11/08 1:40 AM) reply + / -
Dell cartridges can be refilled.

Don't know where the print driver is.

You could try deleting and reinstalling. Its worth a try.

I am no computer expert, just a normal home user who found a way of making the ink levels reset on the Dell A10 922

Re: Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by Anonymous (2/20/08 1:06 PM) reply + / -
I have this same exact problem. I updated to windows vista, could not get the printer to commumincate. Finally got that working, now it keeps telling me that the brand new staples ink cartridges are EMPTY and it will not print! Everytime I try and print, the print job is saved and I get a message stating "ink level low, reorder from Dell." Did you ever find out what to do to fix this? I am ready to throw my printer out the window at this point!!!

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by lscheihi (2/20/08 1:18 PM) reply + / -
Oh, and Turning it off and removing the power source 6 times did not work for me. Anyone else???

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by DanGleebitz (2/22/08 8:26 AM) reply + / -
Just to add a few things since I am the unfortunate owner of a Dell 962 AIO.

****Unplug the printer and remove the power pack from the back.****

The battery in the AIO series is in the back of the printer. It has three screws holding on the panel and once removed, you can see the circuit board. Looking at the board you can see the battery on the left hand side about 1 1/2 inches back. Remove it how you wish, I used two flathead screwdrivers, one with tape, one to remove the battery.

From there you can choose to put the battery back, or leave it out. I have not noticed a difference either way. You would think that would be it huh? Well no, you cannot plug the printer into the pc or slap the ink in. You do have to do two power cycles before putting the old cartrides back in.

Also, Dell uses registry settings to keep track of the cartridges as well. If you plug the printer into the pc it will let your printer know whats up. As a result, the following registry keys need to be modified.

**** Warning**** Messing with the registry CAN and WILL disable your computer if you do not know what your doing or are not careful. If you have any doubt, please get professionial help or just go buy new ink. At the very least, back up your registry.

This will open the registry

Start > Run > regedt32

From there goto: HKLM\SOFTWARE\DellInkjet\IjPrtSettings\OFN1\

In there, the following keys need to be changed:

CartID1 to 0
CartID2 to 0
Estimated Pages to 500
LastBlackCartUID to 0
LastColorCartUID to 0
MarketingCheckboxOn to 0 (Why let them sell)

Under the HKLM\SOFTWARE\DellInkjet\IjPrtSettings\OFN1\PSW

EVERYTHING under this key needs to be set to 0

You will have to do the same for the HKLM\SOFTWARE\DellInkjet\IjPrtSettings\OFN11\ keys as well.

Once this is done, you can go ahead and print away. Now what I have seen in the newer cartridges from Lexmark, Dell, and HP is that the computer strip is larger then on the older ones. One these ones no matter waht you do, even with the battery still removed, the printer reads "something" and tells the printer what is going on.

Until I have the time to figure this one out, the short term solution is this: When you take your cartridges in for refill, do not let them swap yours out for another set, insist they refill yours and give them back.

Hope this helps

Re: Dell AIO 926 Problems Communicating by sdgimplant (2/23/08 8:45 PM) reply + / -
My printer does not seem to be communicating with the computer any longer... The Dell site gives reasons of a potential conflict with the McAfee AV program, or the Windows Firewall. I can not seem to fix this.... any suggestions?

Re: Re: Dell AIO 926 Problems Communicating by Anonymous (2/24/08 4:40 AM) reply + / -
First thing I would try is uninstalling and re-installing the drivers for the printer .

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by sdgimplant (2/24/08 8:10 AM) reply + / -
I have tried this now several times with the same response... The computer does not communicate with the printer. It is an irritating problem... Thanks for your suggestion.

Re: Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by Anonymous (2/25/08 2:36 AM) reply + / -
Did this 'conflict' just happen out of the blue or had you installed something new on computer ? Try going back to an earlier restore point when you know printer was working .

Re: Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by Anonymous (3/6/08 7:28 PM) reply + / -
Thank you, so much, i edited the registry and now there is no more warning... :D

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by cori (3/7/08 4:23 PM) reply + / -
On my Dell 922 AIO I have a message "Black ink cartridge missing" Purchased new black and new colour cartidges (from Dell on line) I am still getting the Black Cartridge Missing message and the printer will not print at all. Can not get past the message. Any suggestions as to what I may do. Phoned Dell Tech support and was told to throw the machine out and buy another one. Seems like a waste to me. Anyone else face this problem and were you able to solve it?

Re: Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by DanGleebitz (3/7/08 6:13 PM) reply + / -
Don't throw the machine out - that would be madness , surely ? Try the above steps with altering the registry . Just go easy and follow the instructions . Dell , like all the others are trying it on with us , the poor consumer . If they can force you to buy a new printer by fair means or foul , then they're laughing all the way to the bank . Surely a printer should be capable of giving 7,8,9 years service without a problem . Yes , unless they have 'faults' built in to them . Good luck - DON'T THROW THAT PRINTER OUT .

Re: Re: Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by Anonymous (3/8/08 8:24 PM) reply + / -
No three screws in the back, took the entire AIO apart and still could not get to the pannel to remove the battery. Short of busting off the outer case I am stumped.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by DanGleebitz (3/10/08 8:37 AM) reply + / -
Yeah , the cases on my 944 didn't want to be seperated . You could try just altering the registry and forget probing around inside printer .

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by Anonymous (3/15/08 6:29 PM) reply + / -
Hi, I am an owner of the 926 AIO, I was wondering if that registry thing worked for anyone? I just refilled it, but it said I am very low on ink and gave me that Complete a Print box. Should I click it? Well anyway, would that registry thing work? I really want to keep this printer.

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by happi3 (3/31/08 10:14 AM) reply + / -
i went to InkStop and got their ink for AIO922 printer and it wont work i'm trying to to set the color level because the sale person said that i might have to reset the color level on the printer. any of you guys have any idea how to do this?

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by cori (4/1/08 10:23 PM) reply + / -
Dell AIO 922 is a heap of plastic junk. I gave up on the thing and put it into the alley. All the things I tried to get rid of the low ink and no ink and missing cartridges messages. Bought new ink from the DELL on line cost me somewhere around $70 and still the same old messages. Phoned the Dell tech support and was actually told by the man, "Just throw it away and get a new one" he was right! Bought a new Epson for $79.00 works like a charm and cost 9.00 more than those cartriges. Hey I'm stuck with them now, any buyers?

Re: Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by Anonymous (4/2/08 12:51 AM) reply + / -
Frustrating , isn't it Cori ? You just want a printer that works . You tried everything to try and stop those f**king messages . The manufacturers know full well why their printers do this - they are environmental criminals . Will people start complaining when they can't open their back doors because of the piles of junked printers ? What IS the point of Dell Technical Support - I could sit there telling people to buy a new this or that - and for less money . Bet your Epson was made in China aswell - have you seen what their industrial revolution is doing to their environment ? The , once great , Yangtze River is , in places , no more than a toxic puddle . Madness . How long until your new printer starts talking back to you ?

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by bymotion (4/3/08 5:45 PM) reply + / -
Mr. DanGleebitz, have your registry method ever worked? Would it work on a Dell 926 AIO?

lexmark ink cartridges by Anonymous (8/20/08 9:56 AM) reply + / -
a lewmark x 5495,i refilled,how to set to 0 ....now still refuses operation because empty cartridge,
thanks,

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by twoquartslow (9/10/08 11:01 PM) reply + / -
Okay, someone please explain to me how Office Depot can sell cartridges that say they are for Dell printers (right on the box), only to find out there is some sort of imbedded chip missing that makes them incompatible? I just don't believe that they would try to sell something that they knew would automatically disable your printer because it doesn't recognize the cartridge. That just doesn't make any sense to me. I have purchased two at office depot, thinking the first time it was just defective and went to get another only to find the same problem.
Tonight, my printer gets flying lessons.

HP F300 series deskjet printer by brickie (9/11/08 8:44 AM) reply + / -
on occasion my printer will go offline,due to a paperjam or some other thing.I do not know how to get back on line, other than shutting it off and turning it on the next day. Any hints? arthur

Re: Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by Anonymous (9/23/08 10:10 AM) reply + / -
This is the info that kills the cat. The only other prospect is refill before getting to low. Will that prevent the burnout of the gas gauge bits? Thank you

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by J Kay (10/7/08 2:56 AM) reply + / -
My daughter bought one. It too got flying lessons. She is now happy with her Canon.

Re: Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset by robyacq (11/20/08 2:29 PM) reply + / -

Great !!!! Great !!!! Great !!!! it is very and serious metod for save money !!!!

Only one problem : the message on first pannel printer continue to appear .... but this is a marginaly problem ...

thanks thanks thanks

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by KelvinGT (1/13/09 7:59 PM) reply + / -
Hi, i was wondering too. My ink has finished but the notifier says i still have about 25% ink left. is that a normal occurence?

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by driver33b (1/19/09 4:02 PM) reply + / -
Hi all,

KelvinGT, Take it as a blessing and refill now!...hope like hell it stays there. To answer your question I haven't heard of it but doesn't mean much. Goodluck.

I have a Dell v305w that uses the 9 series cartridges. I did a refill too late but recovered the ink, so I am not out of pocket yet. I will continue to tinker but I have reservations about....Anony's post...

" I work on designing ink-jet printing devices. The ink-jet printer cartridge market contains high profit margins. The Dell cartridge is a Lexmark cartridge. Any company that repackages Lexmark products under their own name wants to have the highly profitable ink jet cartridge business for themselves. They only want their repackaged ink jet cartridges to be used only in their repackaged ink jet printer. They do this mechanically and electrically. ARTD above found the mechanical method. Those bumps on the back of the cartridge is the first line of defense. They prevent a Lexmark cartridge from being used in a Dell printer. But you can defeat this prettty easily. That's why there is the second line of defense. In each cartridge is ROM and WORM memory (along with the ASIC). Some of the memory is dedicated to things like cartridge serial number, original capacity, vendor ID. These are stored in ROM. The gas guage is stored in WORM. The Dell printer driver is programmed to only accept cartridges with ID's it likes. There are a number of bits dedicated to the gas guage. As a certain number of dots are fired, another bit is burned. When you run out of bits, you are out of ink...................................."

I just feel that it is all over the top and that it will discourage all of us from trying to do the obvious....save money.

In the past I had a HP 1350 series that took HP56 and HP57 cartridges, I refilled these often with no worries. However I did have a 'cheat sheet' that showed me how to reset the cartridge to register full in the PC. The contacts on the Dell are 'similar' to the HP...they are copper looking contacts ....in the HP to reset you cover the top left hand contact with cellophane tape, insert back into printer and print a test page...remove from printer and ADD tape to the single highest contact, reinsert and print a test page. Finally remove and take off the 2 tapes and ink levels should go back to full.

Now this system works on HP I have done it for the last 3 years. Whether there is a formula for Dell I don't know. I just thought everyone should know there is work arounds out there. Cheers Tony.

Re: Dell Photo 944 low ink level, how do I reset? by olivia burrell (2/2/09 9:50 AM) reply + / -
Would to know how to reset Dell Photo 944 printer ink level.

Help, somebody who has a 948 or v505 dell printer by adenia (2/25/09 4:32 AM) reply + / -
Hello.

I am in desing of program aplication to show the rest ink level. I have the information from windows registry, I have the refill capacity and dot count of Color and Photo cartridges, but not of black cartridge, and I want not bye other.

Please, somebody who has a series 11 printer (v505 or 948) with NO EMPTY black cartridge, I need know:

1. Cartridge type (Standard or High capacity)

2. From the registry path "HKLM\SOFTWARE\DellInkjet\IjPrtSettings\OFN1" the two entries:
"InkPercentB"
"InkDotCountB"

Thanks very much

Re: Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by Anonymous (3/11/09 10:01 AM) reply + / -
"I just feel that it is all over the top and that it will discourage all of us from trying to do the obvious....save money.
"

Sorry Tony, but discouragement (and disappointment) are a part of life. Sorry to provide them both to you. How is my message "over the top"? Look, this is not the only internet thread about people trying to refill the Dell (Lexmark)cartridges. Iím trying to save you time by not having you waste it with drilling holes, taping contacts and microwaving (seriously http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/printer/51393 someone actually said to nuke a cartridge!). If you donít value your time, keep at it. But you will give up. Itís a nice feeling when you stop hitting yourself with the hammer. Do your fingers look like you voted in the Iraqi election?

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by annon (3/27/09 10:13 PM) reply + / -
Help, somebody who has a 948 or v505 dell printer by adenia

I took the old 922 printer and ended its life. It stuck on german language and was refusing to print.

I just installed a new dell v505 and during install I chose "not to install ink monitor notification" because that was the cause of the old printers early retirement!
I just checked registry and all inkjet settings are "default 0"

I am using xp. No registry keys inkpercent or inkdotcount found for what you are asking. Registry file for inkjet and in keys "default 0"
Hope this helps.

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by bryterlayter (4/4/09 12:29 PM) reply + / -
Hello

Following on from all the messages above but on a slightly different theme I have a Dell AIO 922 not used on a regular basis but one which has worked fine when required. However, now when printing using black ink it leaves white lines i.e tops of the letters missing. The cartridge claims to be 25-35% full. I've run the clean the ink jets option and align the ink jets option several times but all to no avail. As a last resort I purchased a refilled cartridge but again the problem still remains. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem may be and more importantly any solutions?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by Anonymous (4/4/09 10:06 PM) reply + / -
In order to defeat the onboard logic between the printer and the computer, you have to reset the registry. I used the method listed in previous comunication in this same colum. The printer tells the computer to only look for unique new numbers on fresh factory cartridges. When you reset the registry values to zero, a generic refill will operate sucessfully, however, you will have a continous low ink warning. Ignore that. You will have quess as to the true ink level, and refill cartridges when page performance suffers. If you can't find the instruction in previous comunications, write back and I'll send it to you.
David 04/04/2009

Re: Printer in German! by franktms (6/5/09 4:52 PM) reply + / -
how did you ever get the printer out of German because I'm having the same trouble with mine.. please let me know

Re: Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by Anonymous (6/11/09 2:22 PM) reply + / -
I just came across this fix. I do not see the OFN\11 listed in the registry. I would like to try this. I have the Dell 922 and it is giving me the left cartridge error.

Can you tell me why I don't see OFN\11.

Thanks so much...

Re: Dell AIO 62 by jmd (6/15/09 10:40 AM) reply + / -
My Dell 962 has just started printing nearly solid black lines right over all lines of text or pictures that I a trying to print. I've deleted and reinstalled the printer and drivers yet the problem remains. Any advice would really be appreciated!
Thanks!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by Anonymous (7/14/09 10:58 AM) reply + / -
I seem to be experiencing a similar problem to many here. Although both my refilled cartridges had worked fine until recently (still quite full though) and now even though the computer tells me its printing and goes though all the motions....nothing is actually printing..... as if there is no ink when both cartridges are quite full. My 922 also won't photocopy any more...same problem..... is this related to what you say about bits being burned....would these cartridges have worked fine for a while and now no longer even though still quite full?

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by ramohed (7/28/09 8:35 PM) reply + / -
Hi all,

I am just like the rest of you looking for a solution for a friend. I came accross tis link which makes interesting reading:
http://www.abacus24-7.com/installdell.htm
let me know if this solves your problem.

ramohed

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by VillagerXO (7/30/09 2:42 PM) reply + / -
No there in lies the rub. If you choose install cartridges, you'll have to reset all of the configuration setting in the registry as discussed previously in this particular thread.
The better choice for bulk ink refills, is learn to get along without the low ink warning and refill your cartridge as soon as you feel there is an image quality problem.
The red low ink warning will remain in the print dialog box, but you can ignore it if your cartridges are reasonably full or such.
Just remove the cartridges, refill, replace in printer and clean untill you get a good test page, and then align. DO NOT choose install cartridges.
The process of reconfiguring take about thirty minutes if you know what your doing, and if you arbitrarily screw up the process, you'll have more problems than dead printer.
When you reconfigure, your reseting the internal bit clock, which tells the computer to look for new cartidges with new unique digital signatures on each one. With that, the reset is automatic. Since you are reusing the same signature again, you don't want to reset anything after the first time you reconfigure.
If you can't find the registry hack in this thread write back and I'll e-mail it to you. Good Luck

Changing language setting by pabloshaz (8/24/09 7:06 AM) reply + / -
Hi hope someone can help me with the following: My son accidentally changed the setting on my printer (Dell All in one 942)to another language - does anyone know how I can change it back to english?

Re: Dell AIO 926 low ink level, how do I reset? by Anonymous (9/29/09 8:04 AM) reply + / -
I have replaced the ink cartridges in the Dell printer. It still shows the ink level low. Do I have to now reset the printer levels. How do I do that.

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by jjmcgaffey (10/22/09 1:50 AM) reply + / -
Re: changing the language - I found a manual online (by Googling 'dell aio 922 language') that said to turn the printer off, then turn it on again and press the Power and Cancel buttons together for about 10 seconds. The language choices will start scrolling on the LCD window, pick yours.

I haven't tried this yet but will.

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by abacus247 (10/22/09 12:00 PM) reply + / -
Hello everyone,

My name is Jason with the online ink retailer Abacus24-7.com. I came across this thread, as I know this has been a long standing issue with Dell remanufactured cartridges since they came out a couple of years ago. I would like to offer my three cents on the issue.

As someone has already posted, we do have some help at this link for the issues with the Dell All-in-one printer:

From what we have seen with our customer inquiries, this has helped a lot with their problems.

Additionally, our manufacturer for the Dell cartridges has taken tremendous steps to avoid this error with their newer cartridges, and they do provide some instructions within the packaging of the cartridges to help users with any issues.

Please know that although these issues are time consuming and irritating for most, we hope that this does not discourage you form purchasing these cartridges - remanufactured cartridges help save the environment and cuts down on the nearly 300 million cartridges that end up in landfills each year

Thank you all for doing your part and feel free to reply to this post for any questions you may have about our products.

Re: Did you try this thread? It worked for me by Anonymous (10/23/09 9:28 PM) reply + / -
Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by DanGleebitz (2/22/08 8:26 AM) reply + / -

The battery in the AIO series is in the back of the printer. It has three screws holding on the panel and once removed, you can see the circuit board. Looking at the board you can see the battery on the left hand side about 1 1/2 inches back. Remove it how you wish, I used two flathead screwdrivers, one with tape, one to remove the battery.

From there you can choose to put the battery back, or leave it out. I have not noticed a difference either way. You would think that would be it huh? Well no, you cannot plug the printer into the pc or slap the ink in. You do have to do two power cycles before putting the old cartrides back in.

Also, Dell uses registry settings to keep track of the cartridges as well. If you plug the printer into the pc it will let your printer know whats up. As a result, the following registry keys need to be modified.

**** Warning**** Messing with the registry CAN and WILL disable your computer if you do not know what your doing or are not careful. If you have any doubt, please get professionial help or just go buy new ink. At the very least, back up your registry.

Start > Run > regedt32

CartID1 to 0
CartID2 to 0
Estimated Pages to 500
LastBlackCartUID to 0
LastColorCartUID to 0

You will have to do the same for the HKLM\SOFTWARE\DellInkjet\IjPrtSettings\OFN11\ keys as well.

Once this is done, you can go ahead and print away. Now what I have seen in the newer cartridges from Lexmark, Dell, and HP is that the computer strip is larger then on the older ones. One these ones no matter waht you do, even with the battery still removed, the printer reads "something" and tells the printer what is going on.

Until I have the time to figure this one out, the short term solution is this: When you take your cartridges in for refill, do not let them swap yours out for another set, insist they refill yours and give them back.

Hope this helps

Re: Re: Dell Photo 944 low ink level, how do I reset? by Anonymous (11/7/09 12:19 PM) reply + / -
my photo 944 printer is not working because it keeps telling me to change the cartridge. I had the cartridge's refilled and installed them like I've done many times,still said to change cart.I bought new one and intalled them, it still say to change cartridges, what do I have to do now???????????

Dell 926 copies, but won't print by Amalgamous (11/9/09 1:03 PM) reply + / -
I've read through this entire thread and can't find anyone with the exact situation I'm experiencing. Upon installing remanufactured cartridges for the first time (from EnviroInk), my Dell 926 will not print anything. It will simply feed blank pages through upon receiving a print command. What is different is that I can indeed utilize the printer when I use the "copy" function. I have reinstalled the print driver, reinstalled Office, with no effect. I put the nearly-spent OEM Dell cartidges back in and was successful. Any ideas? Thanks.

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by mbmbmb (4/15/10 12:09 PM) reply + / -
I have dell 926 printer and I keep getting a message of low ink after changing the ink. and he qulity is realy bad
what can i do? please help :(

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by Rose Mullan (6/10/10 7:02 PM) reply + / -
I have a dell all in one printer #926. I was recently running alot of copies for a report. The message said low in ink but I continued to print as I needed it right away. I bought a new black cartridge and installed it BUT the darn thing is not recognizing it. Then the error 1203 comes up.. I fixed that problem, I think..but it will not print..
What do I do now??? HELP!!!!
Rose

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by jasonh (6/10/10 8:07 PM) reply + / -
did you try this?

I used this proceedure on my dell 926AIO and v305 by VillagerXO (6/10/10 10:03 PM) reply + / -
this is way down on this same page. you won't have an acurate level, (registers almost empty, but it will bypass having to purchase new cartridges. refill again before it goes empty to prevent problems)

Re: Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by Anonymous (2/20/08 1:06 PM) reply + / -
I have this same exact problem. I updated to windows vista, could not get the printer to commumincate. Finally got that working, now it keeps telling me that the brand new staples ink cartridges are EMPTY and it will not print! Everytime I try and print, the print job is saved and I get a message stating "ink level low, reorder from Dell." Did you ever find out what to do to fix this? I am ready to throw my printer out the window at this point!!!

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by lscheihi (2/20/08 1:18 PM) reply + / -
Oh, and Turning it off and removing the power source 6 times did not work for me. Anyone else???

Start > Run > regedt32

CartID1 to 0
CartID2 to 0
Estimated Pages to 500
LastBlackCartUID to 0
LastColorCartUID to 0

Hope this helps

Can't find Dell AIO 926 battery. by forrbid (12/9/10 11:19 AM) reply + / -
I refilled my Dell AIO 926 cartridges. At first, the cartridges work fine. but after a few weeks, the black cartridge stopped working. I followed Anonymous instruction and opened my Dell AIO 926 (it is really hard) but I can not find the battery. Then I re-assembled the printer and reset the file Regedt32 as Anonymous instructed. It did not help. I noticed that the CartID1, CartID2, LastBlackCartUID and LastColorUID changed back to previous value, not zeros as I reset.
Does Dell AIO 926 has the battery? How to remove it. Thanks.

Can't find Dell AIO 926 battery. by forrbid (12/9/10 11:21 AM) reply + / -
I refilled my Dell AIO 926 cartridges. At first, the cartridges work fine. but after a few weeks, the black cartridge stopped working. I followed Anonymous instruction and opened my Dell AIO 926 (it is really hard) but I can not find the battery. Then I re-assembled the printer and reset the file Regedt32 as Anonymous instructed. It did not help. I noticed that the CartID1, CartID2, LastBlackCartUID and LastColorUID changed back to previous value, not zeros as I reset.
Does Dell AIO 926 has the battery? How to remove it. Thanks.

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by Robert1122331 (9/16/11 4:24 PM) reply + / -
In these site you'll learn how to use your refilled dell cartridges http://www.ehow.com/how_7152380_reset-dell-toner-chip.html

Re: Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? by ted kuner kuner (9/26/11 5:08 PM) reply + / -
I KNOW WHEN MY HP 1600 PRINTER GETS LOW ON INK IT WILL NOT PRINT ANYMORE, AS WELL GOES OFF LINE, IT TAKES A NEW CARTRIDGE TO START PRINTING AGAIN.I HOPE THIS WILL HELP.

dell 1230c toner by dell 1230c toner (11/22/11 3:05 AM) reply + / -
oooooooo nice! nice! can anyone give me full fleshed details regarding dell 1230c toner.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters