fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Epson campatible generic warning HOW DO YOU STOP

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Epson campatible generic warning HOW DO YOU STOP by mauibysea (edited 4/28/05 10:53 PM) reply + / -
HI my epson R300 , and other epison c66 have an error window that comes up after i bought cheaper generic cartridges every time
Now as i go to print i receive a nice error messaage warning me that i am not using authorized printer ink cartridges that are not epson brand name. who cares? which is an additional step to click each time i have to print or do an control P for print. Why cant some one suggest a program to turn off this nasty message and save me some time. can that be done or does anyone that saves money on generic compatible cartridges just doom to spend more time printing. Your comments or tougue lashing to give a response be nice thanks. ps does this happen to hp, lexmark and canon or brother as well??

Re: Epson campatible generic warning HOW DO YOU STOP by newuser (4/28/05 12:51 PM) reply + / -
Under Windows you cannot disable the message, it has been created to warn user because some compatible cartridges were sold as originals, at the same price.

With Hp and Lexmark (Dell and Brother use Lexmark printing engine) compatible cartridges do not exist since originals are patented, low cost consumables for these brands are just original cartridges refilled.

Canon instead doesn't perform any check on cartridges beyond ink level.

Re: Epson campatible generic warning HOW DO YOU ST by Denny Conway (4/28/05 2:02 PM) reply + / -
mauibysea: You might care, if you actually new those non-epson ink cartridges were actually the wrong ink and could cause possible problems and even possible damage sometimes. JUST TO LET YOU KNOW: Unfortunatly, not all "Generic" & "Third-Party" ink cartridges are made the same and none of them actually contain the right formulation of ink, for the epson printers [formula is patented by Epson Company]. Some are probably close and seem to be better than others, but some simply can clog-up or even damage the print head assemblies on epson printers. Epson ink jet printers are one of the few printers on the market that seem to have so many problems with non-manufactors inks, especially the newer models made with-in the last few years. Epson printers use a completely different print head inking system than most other brands of printers and correct epson ink formulation is vital. Most, if not all of the other manufactors, use thermal or bubblejet print heads and because the other brands use a totally different system, they don't seem to have as many problems using refilled inks or non-manufactor's ink cartridges. There are people that say they use generic or third-party inks or ink cartridges in their epson printer and have never had a problem. I've seen and read about too many problems caused by using non-epson ink, especially on the newer models of epson printers that have come out in the last few years. No matter what anyone says, all blacks and colors are not the same. Printer manufacters do not make available their ink formulation and in most cases, the formulation is patented. Any difference in the ink formulation can clog the small print head nozzles or damage other critical components. One individual print head nozzle is so tiny, that it will not accept a human hair, so you can see why they can get clogged so easily, or even why the nozzles can be so easily damaged. Epson has many different formulas just for its black ink, for all the different epson printers, let alone for their colored inks. Generally if you are using non-epson ink or ink cartridges, or refilling your old cartridges, you are using the wrong ink for your printer and sooner or later you will have some type of problems, almost everyone does. You are taking your chances by using third-party or generic ink cartridges, or even by refilling your old cartridges. I understand the differences in the costs of the non-epson ink and ink cartridges, compared to the actual epson ink cartridges and the choice is always yours to make. It really does not matter to me what type of ink cartridges you decide to use in your epson printer. Its even very common that some brands of non-epson ink cartridges may not always be recognized by the newer models of epson printers. Its usually because of the inexpensive and or incompatable electrical chips that are mounted on some brands of generic or third-party ink cartridges. Unfortunatly, there is no way to make your epson printer use that non-epson ink cartridge, if it cannot actually recognize it. Sometimes you will even get error messages up on your monitors screen, telling you that you are actually using a non-epson ink cartridge, or that your printer cannot recognize the cartridge that you installed. Sometimes the ink level indicator, on your status monitor, will not show an actual ink level, but may indicate a cartridge error or cartridge problem instead. Either you buy an actual epson ink cartridge, or keep trying the non-epson cartridges, until you find a brand that will work in your printer. I have read a suggestion that you can always use an actual epson ink cartridge and when its empty, use the electrical chip off that epson cartridge. You could install the epson chip onto the non-epson ink cartridge, but then you would need an actual "Ink Chip Resetter", to reset that chip, that was marked as empty by your printer. Until that chip is reset, it will not work in your printer. Some people simply refill the empty epson ink cartridge and then reset the electrical chip. The choice on what to do, or what to use is yours to make...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Epson campatible generic warning HOW DO YOU STOP by bisawest (4/28/05 2:32 PM) reply + / -
Wow Denny!!! That was a very informative answer. Have a nice day!!!

Re: Epson campatible generic warning HOW DO YOU ST by Denny Conway (4/28/05 2:51 PM) reply + / -
bisawest: Thank You! I hope you also have a good day...Denny Conway

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters