fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

printer end of service life.

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

printer end of service life. by mamboson (4/22/05 1:20 AM) reply-1 + / -
can anybody help my epson c42 plus was printing fine and suddenly it stoped. i have a orange flashing light and it is saying parts in my printer have come to the end of their service life.

Re: printer end of service life. by newuser (4/22/05 10:04 AM) reply+1 + / -
The waste ink counter has reached the maximum value allowed, you have to reset your printer.

The procedure is explained here:

http://myprinter.altervista.org/simplefaq/mysimplefaq.html#counter

Once reset the printer will be able to work again but you should also check and clean the waste ink pads located at printer bottom. In order to do this you have to disassemble your printer, you can find an exploded diagram of it at:

http://www.compassmicro.com/parts.cfm

Pads to clean (or replace) are parts #504 and #503 listed at page #5.

Re: printer end of service life. by Denny Conway (4/25/05 2:32 PM) reply + / -
mamboson: There is an "Epson Stylus C60 Printer Information Page", that also includes the C42 series, that you can view at http://epsonhelp.freehttp.com/C60.html . It does have a section on the left side you can click-on, titled WASTE INK PAD SERVICING and also a section titled HOUSING REMOVAL. That reference material may be of some help to you as a guide to your C42+ model, if you want to try the needed servicing. However, you will still need the actual reset procedure, to clear that "Waste Ink Counter" that is causing that service error condition [like the SSC Service Utility]...JUST SO YOU WILL KNOW: If you just reset the counter and don't replace the pads, then your printers old pads will eventually overflow and normally start leaking ink out the bottom of your printer. You can see exploded parts diagrams for most epson ink jet printers and can also check on possible parts ordering, by Compass Micro Inc, at http://www.compassmicro.com/parts_select.cfm . Some people actually wash the ink out of the old pads, by holding them under running cold water. Then they simply dry them out and reinstall them back into their printer. The choice on what to actually do, is yours to make. I would at least recommend getting that waste ink counter reset procedure and performing it first, to make sure your printer will then work...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: printer end of service life. by Kate green (7/28/05 2:00 AM) reply+1 + / -
My Epson C42 plus has informed me that parts inside the printer have come to the end of their service life, and I have downloaded all the reccommended free soft ware that eg SSC Service Utility, and and I reset the protection counters, it asked me if I'd replaced the waste ink pads so I said yes and then it came up with "done" but it didn't make the slightest bit of difference to my printer, it still refuses to print, still flashing the same message and now will not respond to anything from the SSC service utility it just comes up with either not found in present state or communication error.
Can anyone help me, I downloaded Epsonhelp which tells you fine how to replace the ink pads but doesn't give any useful info on resetting the counters

Re: printer end of service life. by Denny Conway (7/28/05 10:39 AM) reply + / -
Kate: The only thing I can assume, is that the "SSC Service Utility" is not actually resetting your printers actual "Waste Ink Pad Service Error Condition". Unfortunatly, that utility only works using a windows operating system. You can check and see if your particular epson printer is compatible, by going to http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/epsonSSC.html ...Here's some previously posted info that may also help. "NEWUSER Re: Epson Error and power light flashing by newuser (4/5/05 11:10 AM). To reset the error download this utility: http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/epsonSSC.html . Once installed run the program and configure it, closing the main window and right clicking the icon in the tray area, from there choose Configure and select your printers model. After configuration, select Protection counter -> Reset protection counter, it should be able to clear the error message. If that does not actually work, then the only suggestion I can give is to perform a soft-reset before resetting counter. Remove also the Epson status agent, it detects errors and it may hinder communication with the printer, then reboot your pc. As profile choose the one sscservice didn't use after autoconfiguration, check for printer response. Remember that you should also clean the waste ink pads located at the printer bottom. For a more in-depth procedure by NEWUSER, go to his site at http://myprinter.altervista.org/simplefaq/mysimplefaq.html#counter "....Unfortunatly, that ssc service utility may not actually work on all epson printers and not on all operating systems, so you will have to check it out for yourself. Just in case that source does not work: You may actually need to go on-line to try and locate the actual reset procedure, to buy and download to reset that waste ink counter...Just so you will know: There is an "Epson Stylus C60 Printer Information Page", that also includes the C42 series, that you can view at http://epsonhelp.freehttp.com/C60.html . It does have a section on the left side you can click-on, titled WASTE INK PAD SERVICING and also a section titled HOUSING REMOVAL, that may be of some help to you, in at least servicing those actual ink pads. Simply resetting that Maintenance Request Error, is only doing part of the job and its possible that you could have additional problems later. The maintenance request error is actually a Waste Ink Ink Pad Error and usually your remedy is to replace the waste ink pad/pads with a new one/ones and then reset the Internal Waste Ink Pad Counter, which of course you already did. If you just reset the counter and don't replace the pads, then your printers old pads will eventually overflow and normally start leaking ink out the bottom of your printer. You can see exploded parts diagrams of most epson ink jet printers and can also check on possible parts ordering, by Compass Micro Inc, at http://www.compassmicro.com/parts_select.cfm . Some people actually wash the ink out of the old pads, by holding them under running cold water. Then they simply dry them out and reinstall them back into their printer. The choice on what to actually do, is yours to make. I would at least recommend getting that waste ink counter reset procedure and performing it first, to make sure your printer will then work...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: printer end of service life. by Kate Green (7/28/05 6:10 PM) reply + / -
Thankyou Denny conway, I disabled the Epson status agent, re set the protection counter again, then performed a soft reset and UREKA it worked!!! Thanks again

Re: printer end of service life. by Denny Conway (7/29/05 11:12 AM) reply + / -
Kate: You're welcome! I'm glad that info was able to help you correct your printers problem. Good job!...Denny Conway

RX 620 printer end of service life. by John Fowler (12/26/06 11:19 AM) reply + / -
I read some of the reports regarding end of life for the C42 printer, but nothing on the RX 620 which I hope is suffering from the same issue. It will not allow me to print since it says parts inside have reached the end of their service life. This is very disppointing to me since the printer was sent as a replacement for the new RX 620 I bought through Dell Computer in September 2005. By February, it would not function (ink required constant cleaning and eventually would not print. A replacement printer was sent (I did not know they would send a refurbished printer for a new printer that only saw 4 months of use). When I called Epson about the printer message that said parts inside are nearing the end of life, they never told me it may be the ink collection pads. This makes sense since Epson printers (at least the one I have today) require excessive ink head cleaning - AND I use ONLY Epson ink cartridges. So, can anyone tell me if the RS 620 has a site that can reset the codes so I can at least use the next set of Epson ink cartridges I just purchased? By the way, I just purchased a Canon iP6700D and am enjoying exceptional print quality and performance!

Re: printer end of service life. by richwiafe (7/9/07 5:54 AM) reply-1 + / -
I have Epson R230 for some time now, if am printing a message comes on my pc end of service. Any help?

Re: printer end of service life. by Wes (7/9/07 5:40 PM) reply+1 + / -
Read here http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/epsonSSC.html it includes the download link.

waste ink tank by nelskee21 (3/18/08 4:40 AM) reply+1 + / -
how do i install an external waste ink tank? any procedures on how to install it with my R230 printer? tnx

Re: printer end of service life. by vijee (3/29/08 9:03 AM) reply + / -
i have an epson dx 4050 it has reached life expired all light are on. i have try the ssi but it doesnt support my printer help please
thanks

Re: printer end of service life. by Anonymous (3/30/08 1:17 AM) reply + / -
I have epson stylus C45. I have already resetted the printer and the red light has stopped flashing.

But I still can't print!

this time, not a word from the printer as to wht is going on. it just does not print without any comment whatsoever.

any ideas please. help!

Re: RX 620 printer end of service life. by Anonymous (4/15/08 4:18 AM) reply + / -
?Can someone tell me how to change the ink pads on my rx620

Re: Re: printer end of service life. by Anonymous (8/15/08 7:21 AM) reply + / -
Hi the sscserve.exe file does not work anymore have you got an up date or latest version - PLEASE

Kind regards

Ram

Re: printer end of service life. by Wes (8/15/08 9:03 AM) reply + / -
Just download a new version. The link is in this post.

printer end of service life. by lorcy (9/29/08 5:29 AM) reply+1 + / -
epson c45 printer end of service life

Re: printer end of service life. by moe (9/29/08 11:20 AM) reply + / -
Did it ever occur to you that since the thread deals with your problem that reading it might give you a solution?

Re: Re: printer end of service life. by Anonymous (9/30/08 3:28 PM) reply + / -
Thanks

Re: printer end of service life. by FARUK (7/30/09 12:16 AM) reply + / -
ANY BODY HELPE

Re: printer end of service life. by tk55 (7/30/09 12:38 AM) reply + / -
call 911.....

Re: printer end of service life. by bidur bura gohain (9/1/09 1:31 AM) reply + / -
epson 230 printer end of service life . what i do?

Re: printer end of service life. by Anonymous (10/25/09 8:05 PM) reply + / -
Reset the waste ink counter!
Assuming you have completed your modification you can reset your printers waste counter using this method (I did this and it worked on the CX6400) can't guarantee it works on all)
1. You will see big button on your printer like power on (this is on the left
2. side), black & white photocopy, color photocopy, and then the stop button (these are on the right side).
3. first turn off your printer
4. push the b/w + color + stop buttons together and hold
5. push the power on button and hold (so you'll now be holding down 4 buttons together)
6. Don't release all the buttons until you see the light indicator is blinking and then a message display on the lcd
7. release all the buttons
8. push the color button (once)
9. turn off the printer
10. turn it on again

After this one may need to reload the printer driver and locate the printer!

epson stylus photo R230x by manik (12/7/09 12:28 PM) reply+1 + / -
suddenly printer left 2 button red light are flashing. What can i do for this problem. Please help me very soon. please..............

my printer get ERROR??????? by brwa (1/23/10 12:44 PM) reply + / -
MY EPSON SX 415 STOPPED & APEAR THIS RED MESSAG
"ERROR YOUR EPSON INKPAD NEAR END THE LIFE ;PLEAS CONTACT SUPPORT CENTER"
ANY ONE CAN HELP ME????
BEST REGARD

epson stylus photo R230X with CISS ink tanks by hehehaha (1/24/10 1:20 AM) reply + / -
I just bought epson stylus photo R230X with CISS ink tanks and It didn't print other colors except light magenta , I did try with SSC service utility to reset color and almost everything .But still can't solve it .Can anybody help me please ?

Re: printer end of service life. by Anonymous (3/16/10 6:04 AM) reply + / -
pls help i was spending my whole day here in the computer jz to find the solution of finding how to reset my epson r230 printer somebody help me pls

Re: printer end of service life. by dushyant soni (4/25/10 6:44 AM) reply + / -
this massag is showing-
"Parts inside your printer are at the end of their service life. See your printer documentation."
what i can for run the printer

Re: printer end of service life. by rckowal (4/25/10 8:03 AM) reply + / -
The very best thing to do is to email Epson Tech Support. Explain your situation & ask them for the Waste Ink Counter reset utility. They'll give you a website link where you can fill in blanks with name, serial number, etc. then it can be immediately downloaded. It's a small piece of software & easy to use but there's no assurance that it will work for everyone. It seems like it works for some but not for everyone.

Good luck

Re: printer end of service life. by Anonymous (4/25/10 8:51 AM) reply + / -
Just go here http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/InkPadsForm.jsp

But not every model is supported and dushyant soni did not bother giving the nodel number. The SSC servuce utility may reset the protection counter as well.

Re: printer end of service life. by Kawsar (5/9/10 11:18 PM) reply-1 + / -
Give the the soluation

Re: printer end of service life. by philly5706 (5/10/10 4:07 PM) reply + / -
Give Give Give, what do you offer in return? Except bad manners?

Re: printer end of service life. by Kmonsoker Mohsin (6/3/10 8:50 AM) reply + / -
pls help i was spending my whole day here in the computer to find the solution of finding how to reset my epson r230x printer somebody help me pls

-----
free youtube download

Re: printer end of service life. by Frenk (10/17/10 11:25 PM) reply + / -
Добрый день,у меня принтер CX 3900,проблема в окончании срока службы...в общем как и у прочих пользователей,помогите обнулить счетчик,пожалуйста,если я конечно правильно понял что в этом проблема.

Re: printer end of service life. by kadarohim (1/6/11 11:38 PM) reply + / -
software blinking epson c42

Re: Re: printer end of service life. by Lewis H. (1/9/11 6:02 PM) reply + / -
Mr. Conway
Would you know if it is feasible to flush out the ink tank besides cleaning the pads? Maybe not necessary.

Re: printer end of service life. by atul (1/10/11 10:15 PM) reply + / -
aaa

Re: epson stylus photo R230x by GWGServices (8/5/11 4:20 AM) reply + / -
suddenly printer left 2 button red light are flashing. What can i do for this problem. Please help me very soon.

Re: Re: printer end of service life. by saptarshi (10/28/11 11:50 PM) reply + / -
ccc

Re: printer end of service life. by alamin (1/13/12 12:39 AM) reply + / -
can anybody help my epson r230x was printing fine and suddenly it stoped. i have a orange flashing light and it is saying parts in my printer have come to the end of their service life.

Re: printer end of service life. by EPSON ENG (1/24/12 8:33 AM) reply + / -
For a solution on all Epson printers call

Re: printer end of service life. by hareeram (3/15/12 12:17 AM) reply + / -
Parts inside your printer are near the end of their service life. See your printer documentation.

Re: printer end of service life. by christmas (9/9/13 1:06 AM) reply + / -
my Epson stylus photo 730wd states printers ink pad is at the end of its service live. I have replaced ink pad but printer is still saying same and not responding comments please

Re: printer end of service life. by lakhan (8/5/14 10:27 AM) reply + / -
help me A printer's ink pad is at the end of its service life.
Please contact Epson Support.

Re: printer end of service life. by Elexandrine (9/16/14 11:22 PM) reply + / -
i also need help with my epson T30 in the same predicament as this. parts in my printer have come to the end of their service life.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters