fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

epson 2200: lines on printout

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

epson 2200: lines on printout by durandstudios (4/3/05 4:16 AM) reply + / -
hello....help! i am getting thin but noticeable lines on my printouts on the epson 2100 (same as 2200). but this only happens when i print on the achival matt paper. if i print on regular standard paper there are no lines noticeable but when i print on the achival matt paper lines are seen. i have done both "head cleaning" and "nozzle check" operations but none of them helped. any ideas???

thanks.

Re: epson 2200: lines on printout by newuser (4/3/05 4:59 AM) reply + / -
Tiny white lines are usually caused by missing nozzles, in this case you have to check carefully the nozzle test print pattern to see whether any is missing. Check also if the right media have been selected in the control panel since matte paper absorbs much more ink than common paper.

Dark lines are caused by dirt paper roller or wrong position of paper distance lever.

Re: epson 2200: lines on printout by durandstudios (4/3/05 5:18 AM) reply + / -
thanks a lot for your reply......i did nozzle test again and test print pattern looks fine.i also selected correct media from the control panel and still getting lines....any more hints?

Re: epson 2200: lines on printout by newuser (4/3/05 7:22 AM) reply + / -
If you are usign original cartridges you could try varying the platen gap adjust lever position.

With compatible cartridges or cis systems the problem could be foam in the ink. You can find more information doing a search for "foamy ink" over the internet.

Re: epson 2200: lines on printout by Denny Conway (4/4/05 12:39 PM) reply + / -
durandstudios: Its possible that your problem is being caused by a build-up of dust, dirt, lint and hair that sticks to the wet ink on the bottom side and backside areas of the Printhead Assembly. That build-up acts like a small paint brush and can transfer wet ink to the paper as the Printhead Assembly is moving back-n-forth during the printing process. Sometimes that build-up simply smears the wet ink already on the paper, from the printing process. Once those two areas are thoughly cleaned, the problem will normally go away, unless its actually being caused by a Hardware/Parts Problem [such as a failing Printhead Assembly or Main Board Assembly]. Check for a couple of e-mails from me that should help in that area, in case you want to do the cleaning and at least eliminate that possibility...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: epson 2200: lines on printout by Denny Conway (4/4/05 12:48 PM) reply + / -
durandstudios: I'm sorry, but those two e-mails that I tried to send you, would not go thru. Here is the message I got back: "Hi. This is the qmail-send program at typhoon.stormnet.com. I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses. This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.
: 81.4.76.70 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 554 Service unavailable; Client host [205.159.174.21] blocked using multihop.dsbl.org; http://dsbl.org/listing?205.159.174.21
Giving up on 81.4.76.70. "...If you want that in-depth information, then you will have to send an e-mail to me at dconway@stormnet.com , letting me know. I'm sorry, but its to much info to post on this Printer Repair Site. Be sure and copy & paste this reply into the e-mail that you send to me, so I will know what its about and what to send to you...Denny Conway

Re: epson 2200: lines on printout by Denny Conway (4/7/05 10:00 AM) reply + / -
durandstudios: I just wanted to let you know that I received an e-mail request from you, for that in-depth cleaning information. Unfortunatly, when I clicked REPLY and sent that info to you, those two e-mail nessages still would not go thru. Here is the second message that I received back: "Hi. This is the qmail-send program at typhoon.stormnet.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses. This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out. :
81.4.76.70 does not like recipient. Remote host said: 554 Service unavailable; Client host [205.159.174.21] blocked using multihop.dsbl.org; http://dsbl.org/listing?205.159.174.21
Giving up on 81.4.76.70.
"...If you have a different e-mail address, such as at home, let me know and I'll try sending that info again...Sorry about that...Denny Conway

Re: epson 2200: lines on printout by Denny Conway (4/7/05 10:44 AM) reply + / -
durandstudios: Its either not my week, or not yours. You are not going to believe this messgae I got, when I tried to send that e-mail to geewiz131@yahoo.com : "No matches found for 'geewiz131@yahoo.com'...I give up, so I am going to post those two e-mails, which I send out at least several times a day to different people. Just to let you know: I usually do not post that info, just because its so long and takes up so much band-width on this Printer Repair Site...GENERAL INFO #1: HERE'S MY IN-DEPTH METHOD OF CLEANING THE UNDERSIDE AREA OF THE PRINTHEAD ASSEMBLY ON THE EPSON INK JET PRINTERS: You don't have to go through a lot of disassembly to actually perform this cleaning/servicing, but it is easier to do with the "top cover" removed [normally only 4 screws]. Some methods requiring extended disassembly may work ok, but generally takes too much time and is fairly difficult for the average person to do. If you happen to be a technician, it also drives up the cost of repairs [labor hours]. If the printer you are working on is your own, then you might want a quicker and easier method of cleaning the bottom of the printheads...FIRST THING TO REMEMBER IS THAT MOST INKS ARE WATER SOLUABLE AND WILL WIPE OFF EASILY WITH A DAMP RAG, OR Q-TIPS. Most ink will dissolve faster by using just distilled water [hot d-water even better]. I use flat coffee filters, cut into strips approx 3/4 to 1 inch wide [length depends on the brand of filters used, but usually ends up being 3 to 5 inches long]. You will want the "printhead/print cartridge holder assy" to be unlocked, so that you can manually move it back and forth by hand. I will position the assy in the middle of the carriage assy. Using the paper thickness lever [lever with "+" on one end and a "-" on the other end], I will put the lever on the "+" side. This rotates the printhead assy further away from where the paper would pass while the printheads are moving back-n-forth during the printing cycle. The "+" is actually for thicker paper such as photo quality and the "-" is for normal photo copier type paper [20lb weight]. I then boil a cup of distilled water in the microwave..TECH NOTE: Regular tap water can actually help clog your print head even more than it was, because of the minerals and chemicals in it...You take around 5 to 7 strips of coffee filters, piled/stacked neatly on top of each other. Dip them into the hot water, but be careful so as not to burn your fingers/hand [you may want to wear rubber gloves]. The strips will absorb the hot water like a sponge, but you need to squeeze/wring the excess [hot!!] water out of the strips and back into the cup of water. If the excess water is not squeezed/rung out, it will just drip/run all over and cause a mess. Even worse, it could fill up the waste ink pads and thats another story. You then place the hot/wet stack of filter strips on top of the black plastic plate that runs just under the print head assy, during the printing cycle. You then manually slide the printhead assy over the stack of hot/wet filter strips: if you use too many strips, it will be hard to get the assy over the strips; if you don't use enough strips, then the following cleaning steps won't be as effective. You will just have to keep trying different amounts of strips, until you get the desired effect. Be sure the lever is set on "+" so that you have extra room and leave the assy in approx the middle of the strips. Once the wet/hot strips are in place, set the lever back to the "-" position, which now closes the assy tighter over the strips. Now manually slide the assy back-n-forth, from left to right, over the wet/hot strips, trying not to actually go off the ends of the strips, or you will have to start over again. You will see ink build-up [from the face of the printhead assy's] + lint + dust + hair + etc, being cleaned off the bottom of the printhead assy and being deposited onto the strips. You will need to replace the stack of wet/hot strips many times, until little or no ink is being deposited onto the strips. This is the easiest way that I have found to clean the bottom of the printheads, when streaking/smearing of black ink occurs during printing cycle. All that lint/hair/dust/etc, sticks to the wet/sticky ink that comes out of the printhead nozzles. This build-up acts like a paint brush, smearing the fresh [still slightly wet/damp] ink on the paper, when the printhead assy moves back-n-forth over the paper... Once the bottom of the printhead assy is relatively clean, run a "Nozzle Test". If a nozzle/nozzles are printing crooked [line is at an angle on the test page], or not firing/open, at least you will know its not because the bottom of the printheads are really dirty...ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR ANYONE THAT DECIDES TO CLEAN OUT THE BUILD-UP OF INK/DUST/DIRT/HAIR, FROM THE UNDERSIDE AREA OF YOUR PRINTHEAD ASSY's: Remember that this area is where the ink comes out from the printhead nozzles and is the major cause of streaks thru your printing. Black streaking is the most commonly seen, but can happen to color also. This is the same solution for most Epson Ink Jet Style Printers and is performed more easily with the top cover removed for servicing...TECH NOTE #1: If your streaking problem happens to be "white lines/void streaks" thru your printing [rather than the "black streaking problem"], you must realize that these are normally caused by cartridge problems on most mfg's of printers. You should still perform the same cleaning of the underside of the printhead assy, but will probably have to replace the cartridge itself, to stop the problem with "white lines/void streaks...TECH NOTE #2: If you choose to remove the Top Cover off the printer, then you should also clean the excess ink from the "Cleaning Blade" [rubber blade that moves in a front-to-back motion] and the top of the "Cap Assy's" [felt type padson the older printers, but not on the newer "C" series printers] and "Cleaning Station Assy" [the entire area around the felt pads]. These assy's/parts, if real dirty, can also cause "black streaking". As the printhead assy passes over the dirty cleaning station assy, it can pick up this excess ink/dirt/dust/hair, making the underside dirty again. This can possibly cause more "black streaking problems", but usually to a lesser degree...TECH NOTE #3: Please remember that "printheads & nozzles" can be damaged easily. Don't push to hard while cleaning them, especially if you chose to remove the assy prior to cleaning. Printhead removal is not recommended, as it can easily lead to damage. It may require additional adjustments on some Epson Printers that are not available to the general public...TECH NOTE #4: It's best to use water [even very hot water is OK] for cleaning, as some chemicals can damage the nozzles & print heads. Compressed air [even canned air] can also damage, or blow-out the very sensitive nozzles, so trying to blow-out a clog can be bad...TECH NOTE #5: You can use compressed air for SOME CLEANING, but remember if using an "Electrical Style Air Compressor" to blow-out the inside areas of your printer, too much air pressure can blow-out, or damage parts. Even if you use an Air Compressor to blow-off the outside areas of your printer, keep the air pressure around 50 lbs, or less. Compressed air [even the canned version] when used with a new [clean] paint brush, to loosen up any dust/dirt/hair/torn paper, works very well...On most Epson Printers, at a normal Ready Condition [only solid green power light on], you simply hold-in on the Paper Load Button (the one with the sheet of paper stenciled next to it) for 5 or 6 seconds and the Print Cartridge Holder Assembly will unlock and move over to the position where the cartridges can be replaced (ink changing position). Then you simply unplug the Power Cord from the wall outlet. Now that holder assembly can be easily moved back-n-forth by hand...On most Epson Printers, if you unload the paper and simply push-in on the paper button one time [don't hold-in on that paper button], that assembly will unlock and start moving to the left slightly and you can then quickly unplug the power cord from the wall outlet...If that does not work, then simply unload the paper and run any test print, with the Top Cover Door open. Once you see that holder assembly unlock and slightly move to the left, simply unplug the power cord. You have to do it quickly, or the printer will send an out of paper signal to your computer system...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: epson 2200: lines on printout by Denny Conway (4/7/05 10:45 AM) reply+1 + / -
durandstudios...HERE'S GENERAL INFO #2: HOW TO CLEAN THE BACKSIDE OF THE PRINTHEAD ASSEMBLY; MOST COMMON CAUSE OF ROLLERS GETTING INK ON THEM AND LEAVING STRIPES ON COPIES [from top of page to bottom of page]...TECH NOTE: You should have already cleaned the bottom of the "printhead assemblies" prior to this next step. If you don't know how to properly and easily clean the bottom area, let me know thru this "printer repair site". I have in-depth information saved as text files that I can reply to your post/request...Once you have cleaned off enough build-up [from the underside area on the "printhead assy"] so that the "hot/wet strips" are coming out almost clean looking. Leave the last stack of strips in place. Put the "+/- paper thickness lever", back on the "+" position and move the print head assy completely off the stack. Place one additional hot/wet strip onto the stack, but this time place that strip slighty above the other strips. What you are doing is placing that last strip so that it is actually laying onto the little grey rollers, just slightly. You can only overlap that last strip a 1/16 to an 1/8 of an inch, or so. This is difficult to explain and you will just have to try it a few times, until you get the desired results. Once that last strip is in place, rub it with your finger to try and get it to stick to the little grey rollers. The main thing is to get the end closest to the print head assy to lay as flat as possible onto the grey rollers. Still with the "paper thickness lever" set to "+", slowly slide the print head assy over the stack of strips. Of course those strips are probably only warm now, but even thats better than cold and even cold will work. Once you can successfully get the print head assy over that last strip, without it bunching-up, or wrinkling, your ready for the next step. This may take several tries and you might ruin several strips before you get the print head over that last strip, but thats ok. Remember to try less and less of that last strip, actually laying onto the little grey rollers, until you can get the print head assy over that last strip. If even only a tiny portion of that last strip is in the right spot [slightly over the grey rollers], it can work. With the print head assy finally over that last strip, change the "paper thickness lever" from "+" to "-". This will close the gap, making the assy tighter over your stack of strips, including that hard to place last strip. Now slowly move the print head assy [by hand] back-n-forth over the stack of strips, but not so far as to go over [and off] either end of the stack of strips. If you go off the stack of strips, you'll just have to start over and try it again...WHEN DONE SUCCESSFULLY, what you have actually done is to clean off the back edge of the print head assy [and of course you have cleaned off the bottom already]. That area on the back edge, is where the build-up was actually touching the little grey rollers, as it passed by. This is how ink was being placed onto your rollers in the first place. You may have to perform this cleaning of the back side of the print head assy several times with fresh [clean] hot/wet strips, to be able to remove all/most of the build-up, but it will be worth it... LAST STEP [YOU HOPE}: Now just clean off the little grey rollers to remove as much of the ink thats been previously deposited, as possible. Hot/warm water is the best to use and remember that those grey rollers may be permanantly discolored by the ink, so you probably won't be able to get it all off. That does not matter, as just removing the top layer of built-up ink will be enough to stop it from leaving black ink streaks/stripes on your paper. If you removed the top cover off your printer first[4 screws], this whole servicing is easier to perform. With the cover off you can easily rotate those little grey rollers, for cleaning. Over to the far left end of your printer, is a large white gear. Once the power to the printer has been off for a minute or so, that gear is easy to manually turn with your finger. Watch while you turn that gear VERY SLOWLY and you will see those grey rollers turning...TECH NOTE: You can turn the roller either direction. You may notice that turning one direction [usually backwards], causes the printhead assy to unlock. Not a problem, as it will relock itself when you turn on the power later. SIDE BENEFIT: REMEMBER THIS LITTLE UNLOCKING PROCEDURE IN CASE YOU EVER NEED TO UNLOCK THE PRINTHEAD ASSY IN THE FUTURE...NOW, BACK TO THOSE LITTLE GREY ROLLERS: Once you see how to cause those rollers to turn, you can clean them off. Usually water on a rag works well to wipe off these rollers. The only thing you have to be carefull of, is that you don't scrub the grey rollers so hard, that you unseat the plastic holder that the little rollers are mounted on [If completely unseated/unhooked, it requires a lot of work to reinstall]. Sometimes you may cause that plastic piece to go at a slight angle. If you just carefully pull the plastic piece [that the grey rollers are mounted on] back into its normal position, it will normally be ok. REMEMBER that the ink may have stained those rollers and the stains may not come off. Thats ok, because you only need to clean off the top layer of the ink build-up. Also watch the longer darker roller, just under these little grey rollers as they are turning [you'll only be able to see approx 1/2 inch or so of this rollers surface, while it is turning]. The paper, while it is going thru the printer, travels between those little grey rollers and that longer darker roller. Sometimes you will be able to see a dried drop/spot of ink that you can also use a damp Q-Tip to clean/wipe off. Do not scratch this roller, as that could lead to other problems. These drops/spots of ink, can cause the same type of streaking, or spots of ink on the backside of copies. So thats why you want to remove them as well... This method sounds hard to do, but mostly its because of the long instructions that I've given to you. Once you have done it successfully one time, you'll see it was really pretty easy...This method requires very little disassembly and of course reassembly when done. Theres very little chance that a person can make a mistake, or damage the rollers, or printhead assy. I've performed this cleaning method many, many times and have never damaged the rollers, or a printhead assy [yet]...Denny Conway

Re: epson 2200: lines on printout by moe (4/7/05 11:03 AM) reply + / -
We get a lot of email bounces ourselves. People are so afraid of spam nowadays it's becoming increasingly difficult to communicate via email. I wouldn't worry about our bandwidth. We're hooked directly into a 2.4ghz optical pipeline. That's one heck of a lot of bandwidth available to us.

Re: epson 2200: lines on printout by Denny Conway (4/7/05 11:30 AM) reply + / -
durandstudios: Its so wierd that your e-mails get thru to me, but my replies back to you, won't go thru. I just received a thank you e-mail from you and just in case my reply does not go thru either: "You're welcome! I hope that info actually helps...Denny Conway"

Epson CX 5400 by Ian M (5/26/05 5:32 AM) reply + / -
Help please, 18 month old cx, follwing 3 colour Epson cart change in resonse to low blue cart contents warning, machine now only prints in black.
test sseet indicates drivers in ok but no MS window logo. Print head claning completed several times with no result.
I,m located on the European side of the Pond, would apriciate however any global resonse to remidy what has been a very good performer until now.
Best regards IJM

Re: Re: epson 2200: lines on printout by Anonymous (8/10/05 11:11 AM) reply + / -
Thank-you immensely Denny;

We have an Epson C80 that's a few years old and I thought I'd try some of the generic brand (Imperial Data) ink since it was out of warranty anyway. I started by replacing the Black when it ran out and the quality didn't seem to be there (smudgy) and so I cleaned it and no good. Then I replaced it with a new Epson Black and it stopped printing black altogether. I cleaned it a few times, but to no avail. Then the Magenta went, so I replace that with the generic and that colour didn't print at all. After searching and pondering over an article for a C82 dislodged ink tube, which I decided against because I couldn't see any problem on my C80, my next choice was to clean the print head. I called Staples and they were all out of kits and I wasn't looking forward to disassembling the printer to clean the heads. So, today I was determined to do whatever it took to get this thing working. I used your method with the wet coffee filter, only I used folded paper towel underneath for the extra thickness with the coffee filter layer on top. I used two bunches of clean paper and then did a nozzle check. And voila, it now prints black, as well as magenta. I felt like I wanted to dance and curse at the same time because the agonizing over the printer was worse than the actual process of cleaning the head...and it really worked!!!
Thanks again, Diane Babcock

Re: epson 2200: lines on printout by Denny Conway (8/10/05 11:29 AM) reply + / -
Diane: You're welcome! I'm glad some of my information helped you to correct your printers problem. Good Job! ...Denny Conway

Re: Re: epson 2200: lines on printout by FranH (11/1/05 11:07 AM) reply + / -
Stumbled across your cleaning solution the other day and decided, in desperation, to try it on my trusty Epson 1280. It had been smearing ink across prints for longer than I care to remember. Local computer technicians were afraid to touch it and I live 1000 miles north of the nearest large city where help might be available.

Anyway, it worked like a charm. Got my first good print in ages. Had some trouble getting the printer back together and also managed to dislodge a bushing on the first go round, but eventually, got it right.

So......thanks for the time you took posting your cleaning method. It is greatly appreciated.

Fran
Yellowknife NWT, Canada

Re: epson 2200: lines on printout by chrisalina (5/14/06 9:58 PM) reply + / -
Help, I did this method, and now my printer won't print any magenta at all and the nozzle check shows gaps in the other colors!!!! I have cleaned the print heads a dozen times and its not gettting better, no magenta at all. I did the cleaning method the first time to work on white lines, and it improved them, so I figured I needed to do it again, but the second time really screwed it up somehow. I thought maybe I had done something to clog the nozzles, so I tried to clean them again with the distilled water and coffee filters, and magenta ink shows up (it could be light magenta, i guess,) but no magenta in the nozzle check printout at all. Now there are lots of gaps in the other colors with no change when I clean the printheads...any suggestions? Please somebody help me...

Re: Re: epson 2200: lines on printout by Anonymous (6/20/06 3:59 AM) reply + / -
Hi
I've read with great interest your very knowledgeable & technical replies to the various Epson C82 printer problems. My daughter - foolishly - bought an Epson C82 on eBay and "surprise" when it arrived it didn't work! I followed your advice on checking the ink flow pipe and that had parted company from the print head assembly. I connected that up - went through the cleaning routine and got the black cartridge to print - but no print out from the colours. I intend now to strip the print cartridge from the machine and attempt to unblock the head(s) and tubes following your excellent guidance notes. I note that you suggest using a solution of warm distilled water to unblock the tubes & heads - are there any propriety cleaners that you would recommend should the clogging be excessive? I live in the UK and therefore the availability of some cleaning fluids is limited. Many thanks for your very informative articles.
Regards
Jock

Re: epson 2200: lines on printout by paulus2 (6/26/07 7:56 AM) reply + / -
had the printheads of my Epson 1290 manualy moved (ran) over a thin slice of foam rubber several times to clean the heads(
also my head also cleaned
the blue lines disapeared( time being)

Re: epson 2200: lines on printout by pkerkhoffs (6/29/07 3:49 AM) reply + / -
ok they turned back the blue ines after the foam treatment
i then made a document
with colored words
red green yellow blue all in these colours and
repeated all over an A4 sheet
printed this several times
and blue lines were gone

could then print black&white

Re: Re: epson 2200: lines on printout by Anonymous (8/21/07 4:01 PM) reply + / -
I've read your instructions a bunch of times and it all seems quite clear and straight forward- I've got my coffee filters, my distilled water, q-tips and I'm ready. Just one dumb question - do I remove the print cartridges since I really want to clean just the assembly? By the way, I have an Epson 1280 (which I really like)and have printed major photo albums for friends and family, but recently when I print in color it's started to leave horizontal blue banding (only blue) on anything in color - the black alone works just fine)
If you don't reply, I'll assume that I should remove the ink cartridges in order to clean the assembly alone.
Thank you for all the info you have provided.
Best to you,
Janine

Re: epson 2200: lines on printout by pkerkhoffs (8/22/07 2:39 AM) reply + / -
And here the ultimate tip, from a russian man
whom i met
in Enschede(NL) on the market

take an old printercartridge, fill it for 50% with a mixture of water with
a bit dishwashcleaner and 50% alcohol
inject the liquid in the colourchannel(holes) of the empty cassette on top, like refill

put them in the printer and let them there for 24 hours !! do nothing untill then.

then print 10 full a4 pages with the cleaning liquid
then remove the""cleanercartridges"" , put the real cartridges back in

and print 10 pages A4 with them

he told me if that doesnt work, throw away the printer.

Re: Re: epson 2200: lines on printout by Anonymous (2/6/08 3:39 PM) reply + / -
Fantastic - thanks Denny, you've just saved my printer from the scrapheap. Its now in perfect working order (I used wet paper lens tissue for the cleaning and a cotton but to remove a big ball of fluff that this method pulled to the side of the head)

Cheers

Andy

Re: epson 2200: lines on printout by jadgie (2/21/09 4:51 PM) reply + / -
I bumped across this post today as I was ready to buy a new color laser printer. I was worried about the quality of new printers, as I have had an epson 1280 for 5 years now and love the print quality. It was printing magenta lines and i tried all the head cleaning and alignment options in the print utility. I finally tried the coffee filter/hot water method and presto! my printer is printing like the day I bought it. Just had to run one more head cleaning, because i think the filters soaked up the ink, and it was working like a dream. Denny Conway is my hero!

Re: Re: epson 2200: lines on printout by Anonymous (2/22/09 4:58 PM) reply + / -
Hi Denny Conway,

I just want to thank you for this post that you did back in 4/7/05 (4/7 is my dad' bithday :). After working on my printer for about 14days trying to do a fix, first replace the tractor with one I got of CList for $20 and then changing the head I still was having issues with the print. Yellow was still not shooting. I did your coffee filter cleaning process and OMG it worked. You can not believe the junk that came off. I have been printing picture all day using a bulk ink system, and having fun for the first time in a long time.
I am so happy to have found your cleaning process. I cant thank you enough for posting that. I hope you still have the same email because I really want you to know how much I appreciated you taking the time to post the cleaning process.
You have no idea how happy I am.
Mahalo
ela

Re: Re: epson 2200: lines on printout by Anonymous (1/3/10 10:30 AM) reply + / -
just found this answer... five years later... and bravo I say. It worked. thanks for your excellent instructions. Oh, and you should have seen the puppy hair... yikes.

Epson 1270 by Milk Row (1/13/10 2:56 PM) reply + / -
Awhile back I read through some posts on cleaning the print head. I ended up having to take the cart apart to get at the print head which I soaked in alcohol to remove all the dried ink. While this might have been a no-no...I was able to get the printer to work recently. Only a week has passed and now I can't get anything to print, not even a nozzle-check. I followed the procedure that is supposed to "reset" the printer and now it says I need a black cartridge (its not empty). I'm wondering if I should scrap this and get a new printer or press on with another cleaning using the hot water and strips...or some other option? I'd really like to keep this 1270 for which I have a software RIP that is wonderful. Help?

Re: epson 2200: lines on printout by pkerkhoffs (1/14/10 9:08 AM) reply + / -
digital revolution tool, google it and try

Re: epson 2200: lines on printout by cdan (2/26/10 4:41 PM) reply + / -
I see it's been quite a while since any posts on the Epson R200 regarding black streaks / spots / lines. I'm only getting those marks when I do dvd's. I went thru the "coffee filter" process and there was a LOT of ink on the heads. I have yet to try another dvd, but will post the results after doing so.
dan

Re: epson 2200: lines on printout by Katy W (6/23/10 2:55 PM) reply + / -
Just found this a few days ago after getting loads of black streaks on printouts from my Epson 830, and it works! I threw out my previous two printers quite recently after failing to solve the same problem, so thank you Denny Conway for saving this one! Got loads of black ink on the filter papers and a big clump of fur - yuk!! :-)

Re: Re: epson 2200: lines on printout by Kevin Poon (1/7/11 7:53 PM) reply + / -
Hey there Denny, you are an absolute legend, thanks so much for your instructions on how to clean the print heads of the Epson 1270. It has been driving me crazy up to this point and also to get it cleaned by a dealer the cost is so exorbitant. My 1270 is now running like a dream again, thanks so much and keep up the great work / info flow, us novices need people like you!!!! :-) ****

Re: epson 2200: lines on printout by omkar21287 (7/19/12 12:55 AM) reply-1 + / -
i solved ths problem easily.
Just do this.
1. Turn on printer
2. Press change cartaige button
3. Remove power wire directly, and take head to left side with hand.
4. Use air boower with midium low speed and give air into the head and try to clean,
5. Then turn on printer and use head clining utility,
Welcome......:)

Re: epson 2200: lines on printout by omkar21287 (7/19/12 6:23 AM) reply + / -
sorry for bad english.
Give air downside not inside

Re: epson 2200: lines on printout by Wes (7/19/12 11:26 AM) reply + / -
That is a real good way to separate the nozzle plate from the print head. And screwing up the print head.

Re: epson 2200: lines on printout by omkar21287 (7/19/12 11:48 AM) reply-1 + / -
thats because of dust and just use airblower u can solve this.
Important! After use blower u should use head clining utility because with blower head ink will dry

Re: epson 2200: lines on printout by bhagdaat (2/2/13 2:34 AM) reply + / -
lines in printing what to do

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters