fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

hp psc 2110 all-in-one

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

hp psc 2110 all-in-one by melissa (11/27/04 7:05 AM) reply + / -
My scanner says busy and it is not letting me print anything except an alignment page. It is making a clicking
sound and I can't find any type of paper jam. I recently changed my cartidges. I took them out and reinserted them.

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by bornindapeg (4/26/05 7:14 PM) reply+3 + / -
I am also having this problem. The printer begins initializing when the power is turned on and the scanner moves all the way to the right side until it is ramming against the casing, making a clicking sound. Is there a mechanism or sensor that tells the scanner when it is at the end? How does it know when to turn around? I think this is where the problem is. I have cleaned off everything and even moved the scanner cartridge all the way to the left and then restarted it, but it slowly moved across to the right, rammed against the side, and didn't know when to stop. An explanation of how the scanner cartridge works would be very helpful... thanks.

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Bert (4/26/05 10:23 PM) reply+1 + / -
Did you remove the scanner glass and clean the underside? I believe the scanner determines it's home position by detecting something on the glass. Also clean the mirror on the scanner head (cartridge?).

PSC 2100 Series, removing the scanner glass, by Bill

Using a small screw driver pry off the control panel cover from the end nearest the display. Using the screw driver depress the tab found in the square hole under the panel and slide the panel forward to remove it. Remove the two star screws exposed by the panel removal and the screw near the rear right corner of the printer. Look through the glass with a flashlight at the center front of the printer and you will see a U shaped tab sticking down from the top cover that engages a projection on the main cover. Using a thin blade inserted between the covers push the U shaped piece to the rear and carefully lift off the cover. There is a ribbon cable connected to the circuit board on the cover. Just slip it out of it's connector. Be sure to note it's orientation. You can also carefully clean the scanner mirror with a Q tip is it is dirty.

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Mc G (5/19/05 11:36 PM) reply+1 + / -
Hello, I had the same trouble but I didn´t repair it by doing what you helps here. I really do everything I´ve reading over there. I´m technitian and I dont afraid of remove all you says. Muchas Gracias!

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by fourhatz (5/30/05 10:27 AM) reply + / -
I have the same problem and would like to know if any of the solutions fixed it.

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Stephen (5/30/05 3:15 PM) reply + / -
The scanner is looking for a white strip under the glass out of sight.

The scanner uses this strip to determine it's home position.

If it can't find the strip, then it keeps driving to the right looking for it.

It might be as simple as the scanner mirror is dirty, or the lamp might not be bright enough.

Re: Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by dt63944 (6/22/05 8:27 AM) reply + / -
I just worked on a 2110v that had several issues, of which yours was one. I was getting multiple sorts of failures (wouldn't feed paper, carriage jam messages, the scanner bumping noises as you described, etc) although I could find no worn parts inside. I ended up doing a partial reset several times by holding setup and left-arrow buttons down while plugging in the power, then releasing the buttons. I also had to replace the black ink cartridge - the printer for some reason never told me the ink was low. I ran the alignment job. Now the printer and scanner work perfectly. There's also a doc on www.hp.com about the 2110 going to sleep when hooked up to a surge protector, which this one was. If this trouble pattern persists, I'm going to recommend to my client that they consider replacing the printer, since it's acting "insane". Hope this helps - Dave

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by jf01 (7/9/05 4:23 PM) reply + / -
Hi,
My 2110 was doing the same thing. I followed Bert's instructions (a few times!) AND did what Mc GyverZ did too. Now it's back to itself again.

BTW, is it bad to leave the hex star screws off? I decided it'd be much easier to maintain this thing if I didn't have to keep searching for a hex driver.

Thank you guys for your help!

:) JF

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one initialising problems by lindsay (8/23/05 2:22 AM) reply + / -
I have an hp psc 2100 series all-in-one printer, which is only 2 years old.
Recently it started refusing to power back on if it was powered off while the computer was on.
It then refused to initialise at all.
I turned the power off and left it overnight.
The next morning, I switched it on, the message "setup" then "initialising" flashed on the screen then it turned itself off.
I've done this several times with the same results.

I tried to follow the instructions on the hp website. Turned it off, then moved the ink unit to the left. There appeared to be no jams and the carriage moved smoothly.

It cannot be a driver problem because the unit can power up without the computer being booted up, and one can make photocopies without booting up.

I took it to a local technician who has cleaned it but says the problem persists and he cannot fix it.

Any suggestions?

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by lindsay (8/24/05 12:26 PM) reply + / -
My problems seem to be persisting.
I cleaned the scanner glass, cleaned out as much ink as I could from the printer, put everything back together again. I've tried holding down the cancel and left button and the setup and left button while I plug in but to no avail.
The printer carriage moves to the left, there is lots of clicking then thump as the carriage seems to jam against the left side. It then switches itself off.
The clicking sound seems to come from the little roller on the right which can only be seen with the printer cover off - it was covered in ink which I tried to clean but couldn't clean completely because it only moves when some tray thing moves forward.

OK. what next please

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Anonymous (8/25/05 7:02 PM) reply + / -
I worked, finally. I did what Bert suggested and did it a couple of times like jf01 did and it actually worked. I really concentrated on cleaning the glass where the white strip is using alcohol diluted by 1:1. Hopefully it will continue to work. HP wanted to charge me $165 to fix my printer. Crazy!!!

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Mario3 (9/19/05 12:19 PM) reply+3 + / -

My problem is that my printer stays on BUSY or, it says to align cartridges, press enter. I do so and it prints out the instructions and the alignment page. I follow the instructions and put the alignment page on the scanner as I have always done in the past after changing the cartridge and press enter. It says either No page detected or it cycles through the To Align Cartridges press enter. (I have a nice stack of alignment pages now!)

Mario

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by middleton (9/20/05 3:18 PM) reply + / -
i lost my disk (software)to install my psc 2110 all-in-one in my move can someone help me.

Re: Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by lindsay (9/25/05 2:38 PM) reply + / -
I do have disk, but I live in Swaziland, Southern Africa (between South Africa and Mocambique)
I could make you a copy, but post from this location to US or Europe is really expensive.
If you don't have another alternative, I could also check the size of the individual files and try to send it to you piecemeal by email.
You'll have to tell me what OS you are using, because I think the cd has a number of options.
Let me know if I can help

Re: Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by lindsay (9/25/05 3:20 PM) reply + / -
for middleton: I've just checked the cd. Sending by piecemeal, on dial up connection, is not viable.
Let me know your address and I could send you a copy if you have no other offers.

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by jb (9/25/05 6:03 PM) reply + / -
OK i posted this in another forum for the 2510 but you are all having the same problem

Cleaning doesnt do any good. Those who think that was the problem are wrong. The real fix is from unplugging and plugging back in a while later. However, this no longer worked for me. After searching all day I found That this is a very common problem that HP wont acknowlege. I finally found this and it worked:

- Take the scanner apart like described on that page
- Clean everything
- Check where the white stripe is on the bottom of the glass plate
- Put a mark on the plastic, where this stripe, so you know the location of the stripe on the outside as well.
- Enlarge this mark, so it is on the main body as well
- Remove the glass again
- Align the scan head by hand, so that the bottom mirror is exactly on line with your mark
- Put everything back together
- Be careful, don't move the scan unit!!
- Turn it on when it's complete

Accually all i had to do was lift the front part of the top up just enough to peek in and push the head over and align the mirror (not the bulb) to the middle of the white stripe

Good Luck

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Stephen (edited 9/25/05 6:18 PM) reply + / -
After the cleaning all you need to do is put the scanner to the left of the white stripe, then when it moves to the right looking for home position, it can find it.

Hp has a scanner walkout procedure for some machines where you plug in the power, turn on the machine, wait till the scanner moves to the left, then pull power wait 15 seconds, and repeat. The idea is to get the scanner several inches to the left of the strip. After you have "walked out" the scanner then you do a normal power on sequence and if the scanner is good it should find home position.

Re: Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by jb (9/25/05 7:24 PM) reply + / -
This doesnt work for this scanner because when it goes throught the power up test sequence, it moves to the left then comes back to the right in large incraments and passes the white strip and goes too far. Then it hits the left side and tries to keep going. thats what the noise is
But i suppose your right if you can unplug it at just the right moment it may work

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Stephen (9/25/05 9:09 PM) reply + / -
As it is moving it is looking for the strip, not just when it stops.

If it had to move the exact proper distance to find the strip, then whenever there was a power failure while someone was scanning they would have a broken machine on their hands.

Re: Re: Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one IT WORKS!! by Anonymous (3/24/06 4:55 PM) reply + / -
THANK YOU - I was having the same problem with the scanner and tried the cleaning and the "reset" and it works again.

Re: Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Anonymous (4/14/06 1:43 AM) reply + / -
I HAVE ONE, DO YOU WANT A COPY (IF I CAN MAKE ONE, I AM COMPUTER STUPID)

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by rjl24 (4/14/06 3:50 AM) reply + / -
Need a part for my PSC 2110/ C8648a

which is the blue latch that holds the color cartridge in place.

Has #57 on it.

I can send pic of part if necessary.

Someone tinkled with my printer in my absence and broke the latch!

PSC 2110 will not operate without latch and cartridge in place.

PSC 2110 is a discontinued model.

Since the #57 cartridge is compatible with other printers, I presume the latch can come from HP parts suppliers for the following variety of printers.

HP No.57 Colour Inkjet Cartridge / C6657A
Fits the following models of Hewlett Packard Inkjet printer:-

Photosmart Camera Accessory Printer 100 / 130
Photosmart 230 / 7000 Series
DeskJet 450 / 5550
PSC 2110 / 2510
Officesmart
OfficeJet 5510 / 4215

I suppose the latch holding the #57 cartridge will also be compatible.

Seeking part number and all the help I can get in obtaining the part to replace myself as professional repair costs may be as costly as a new printer.

Thanks,
Robert

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by rjl24 (4/16/06 10:21 AM) reply + / -
Found info via another thread in this forum

Robert

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by rickame (5/5/06 10:43 PM) reply + / -
I too broke a small piece of plastic of the end of th spring loaded part that holds the end (nearest the printhead) in. I have been using a folded up piece of cardboard to fill up the gap and keep the cartrige in place..I believe I may have to take apart/replace the whole cartridge assembly. Were you able to get the part...or does anyone have...I need the black part of the asembly or the whole assembly...Let me know if you or someone has access to this part ...or i may have a bunch of parts available...S..Thanks.

Re: Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Anonymous (5/15/06 2:28 AM) reply + / -
My printer also does the align cartridge over again and again
and again. This just happened when I changed the ink cartridge.
I've changed that cartridge many times and have never had this
problem

Re: Re: Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Anonymous (5/18/06 3:10 AM) reply + / -
Dave, just to let you know that your recipy worked. Mads

Re: Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one cartridge part by iamarine (5/22/06 7:13 PM) reply + / -
Robert,

I just had the same thing happen to me, same latch and everything. I know if I can find the part, I can easily replace it. So please....is there a somewhere Robert and I can go to get these latches?

Thanks,
Tod

Re: deskjet 5550 hp psc 2110 all-in-one by fjg555 (10/15/06 8:01 PM) reply + / -
Please help,I need the plastic latch for the #57 cartridge also. I have the deskjet 5550.
Thanks

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Stephen (edited 4/17/07 5:01 PM) reply + / -
I have a spare latch or two.

Click on my name to email me.

Replacement instructions:

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/printer/36013#8

You can also click on the crossed tools by my name to find an email link for me.

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by kbussan (1/27/07 5:31 PM) reply + / -
I am having a problem with my hp 2110v. It won't print anything out and stays at the print alignment page and does nothing. I can't get past it and I've tried reseting. Could someone tell me if they have got past this stage with the same problem. Thanks.

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by benniam (1/29/07 5:19 PM) reply + / -
Hi, Does anyone a copy of hp psc 2110 all-in-one cd? I have recently bought a new computer and wanted to install the driver for my computer. but i couldn't find my instalation cd. I have tried the hp website to download the drivers but they don't have the drive for my printer.

Hopping someone here would have it.

Thanks

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by zinc (1/30/07 8:01 PM) reply + / -
My Hp 2110v grabs 4-6 pieces of paper in the feed at once and when I feed the sheets in one at a time it rips a notch in the top of the paper about an inch from the right side. Please anyone, how do I fix this problem?

Thank You

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by zipzow (2/8/07 2:06 PM) reply + / -
Had the same " aligning print page" forever problem. Heres what I did, and it wasn't scientific or in a servive manual at all either..........hehe:

I took mine and powered it off. Took it outside and blew it out completely with my full size air compressor,removing Dust,paper,Lint,etc,and then left it unpowered for about an hour.

Hooked it back up and powered it on and it worked like a charm. Mine is 5 or 6 years+ old. Its still not bad for the $199 I spent for it when new, but it does have its quirks.

I think the leaving unplugged thing is most likely the key but who the F knows!

hp psc 2110 all-in-one - release button by wsb23 (2/8/07 2:26 PM) reply + / -
printer displays "release button" all the time, unplugging does not fix it. buttons appear to be fine.

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by ericny631 (2/28/07 7:22 PM) reply + / -
My scanner says busy, the printer works the fax works. When i go to HP Photo Gallery and hit scan it say select source but theres nothing there to select. This problem all started when i did a recovery for my computer and now it won't scan. Please help me out here.

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by dutchman (3/3/07 2:56 PM) reply + / -
Does anyone have a parts diagram or know what the cartridge park position looks like? I think there should be some sort of wiper or cushion for the base of the cartridge to be cleaned and rest in. Mine does not have anything except some vertical pieces of plastic.

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Anonymous (3/9/07 9:08 PM) reply + / -
How do you know when the ink is low on a HP PSC2110 all-in-one?

Re: Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Anonymous (3/13/07 2:56 AM) reply + / -
I need a color cartridge latch for my HP psc2210. I'm hoping you either have an extra, or can tell me where to find one. Thanks in advance.

Re: Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Talk2Elle (3/13/07 3:54 PM) reply + / -
Benniam -

I have the psc2100 series installer application, version 7.4.1 on disk. It's 151MB in file size though. Do you still need it?

p.s. This board helped me, when my scanner carriage stopped initializing correctly. I cleaned it according to Bert's instructions but it was leaving it unplugged for 1 week that I think fixed it. Time to return the favor.

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Noscanner (3/14/07 11:24 AM) reply + / -
A problem with my PC's registry seems to stop my PC from communicating with ANY scanner. Now, I don't need scanning. But I do need my 2110 to recognize the brand new HP 57 ink cartridge. The 2110 wants me to scan the alignment page to be able to print. I obviously have a scanner but I can't scan. Does that mean I don't get to print? Of course I could go ask a neighbor (the one I hardly say hello to) or a friend (the one that's only an hour away) to let me use their new expensive PC to INSTALL AN INK CARTRIDGE on my printer. But I'm trying to avoid the ridicule; is there a way to work-around the HP 2110's attempts to align?

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by SundayStrife (3/14/07 2:15 PM) reply + / -
After a paper mis-feed my HP all-in-one swears it has a carriage jam. No paper is missing from the mis-fed piece which I have removed. I have powered off and tried Dave's partial re-set but the carriage won't budge and the message won't clear.

ANY IDEAS????

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Stephen (3/14/07 4:02 PM) reply + / -
If the carriage won't move, then that's a carriage jam.

You might check www.HP.com for instructions.

Re: Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Anonymous (3/23/07 8:09 AM) reply + / -
Hi-

Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same problem.

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by rjl24 (3/23/07 8:31 AM) reply + / -
Need a part for my PSC 2110/ C8648a

which is the blue latch that holds the color cartridge in place.

Has #57 on it.

I can send pic of part if necessary.

Someone tinkled with my printer in my absence and broke the latch!

REPAIR WAS MADE,

Thank you
Robert

Re: Re: Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Anonymous (3/23/07 8:40 AM) reply + / -
No, ended up trashing the printer, after three HPs that all just died suddenly for various reasons I went with a Cannon

Re: Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by otterholt (4/11/07 10:55 AM) reply + / -

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/printer/25083#29

That little peg that pushes the cartridge back is busted on my 2110
latch. You mentioned you had some spares. How can I get one of those?

Re: Re: Re: Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Anonymous (4/16/07 10:46 PM) reply + / -
My 2110 was capable only with the included set of ink cartridges. Used only originals, bought a new set, printer still wanted replace and did not work, bought third set... did not help. Carried away to wait for trashing...HP was polite, after leaving a note for them but did nothing really helpful. Repeated what could be read on manuals.
Still 1 HP printer out of 3 working, so I can print but my long lived perception of HP has suffered...

Re: Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Anonymous (4/17/07 2:38 AM) reply + / -
heii....we are currently having the same problem with our printer when the alignment stops in the scanning section AND EITHER STARTS AGAIN, SAYS ERROR OR SAYS BUSY!.....i have chnaged our ink many times and this has never happened before...i have tried the suggesstion about leaving it off for an hour.....and of course it was mi like that it didnt work....if any one has any suggestions on how to make the alignment not do this...please let me no...thanks....NEED HELP

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by XKontour98 (4/28/07 8:16 PM) reply + / -
Here is a link to the HP website install download:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one rainbow streak!!!! by vmz (5/5/07 4:09 PM) reply + / -
OK, i've been having this problem with my 2110 inkjet printer, when i print out a picture it leaves a rainbow streak down the page (near the left side), how would i fix that? please help
VMZ

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Stephen (5/5/07 4:47 PM) reply + / -
vmz,

Probably by buying a new printer.

I'd have to see the problem before I could even begin to guess at the cause.

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by iskowitzsa (6/11/07 6:06 PM) reply + / -
Based on this site and others I have found the problem with the clicking sounds seems to be the scanner cannot find its "home" position and keeps clicking for about two minutes. the link at this site had a great breakdown on how to open it up and repair it by cleaning the glass and mirror assemblies.

http://dmsaudiocorp.deep-ice.com/psc2100.htm

Re: Re: Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Tracy Dawn (6/19/07 1:14 PM) reply + / -
I also have lost my cd. If by chance you could make a copy for me I'd be greatly appreciative!! Thanks

2100 series All-in-one by drs (7/13/07 12:05 AM) reply + / -
My old 2100 All-in-one printer in initialization test stage shows "Catridge Jam.." and the scanner's light moves some 1/8 inch to the left, and goes back to the stop position.
What does the message mean?
How could it be fixed?
Is it worth any repair expense?

tnks for help

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Anonymous (8/4/07 10:56 AM) reply + / -
Hello, I have been struggling for weeks to find my psc2100 installation CD. I notice on this site you have the installer application; would you be kind enough to send it to my email address? I would be very greatful. Thank you.

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Bert (8/4/07 4:39 PM) reply + / -
Go to this website to buy the disk or download what you need.

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Anonymous (8/26/07 2:47 PM) reply + / -
I am having a lot of the same problems other people are having with this printer. I cannot seem to fix this printer either. My printer was printing just fine, until I changed the printer cartridge the other day. It asked me to print the alignment page, like normal but once it printed the alignment page, it kept stopping the alignment process. The scanner does not move across the scanner glass but stays only on the right side, so it never is able to make sure the printer cartridges are aligned. I can't seem to get past this, and really do not want to buy a new printer. Any suggestions or helpful ideas I can try? Thanks!

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Bert (8/26/07 8:26 PM) reply + / -
The cartridges will not align unless both cartridges are working. New does not mean working.

Blot the print nozzles of both cartridges on a damp paper towel a few times for two seconds. The black cartridge should show an obvious flow of ink. The color cartridge should show yellow, magenta, and cyan.

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Anonymous (8/27/07 3:33 AM) reply + / -
Both cartridges are working, and the printer prints just fine. It prints out the alignment pages. The problem I am having is in putting the alignment page on the scanner glass to finish the process. The scanner does not move and so the aligning does not ever finish. Because it doesn't finish, I can't print or do anything on my printer. Any more suggestions?

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Bert (8/27/07 1:30 PM) reply + / -
Press and hold the Setup button, and then press Options (or Copy Options) to bypass the cartridge alignment.

I can't get my hands on a User Guide so I'm a bit lost concerning the details of your printer's features. I don't recall there being a need to scan the alignment page on the 2110, but I'll take your word for it.

Assuming the alignment page has been bypassed by the above, does the scanner work? If not I have some other ideas.

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Anonymous (8/27/07 3:33 PM) reply + / -
I tried presing the Setup button and then the Copy Options button, and this did bypass the cartridge alignment; however, my printer still does not print when I tell it to. Something else must be wrong. And my scanner does not work. It worked about a week ago, but ever since I put the new cartridge in the computer the scanner has not moved and only resides on the right side of the glass...does not move at all. More ideas would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you for helping me!

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Bert (8/27/07 7:30 PM) reply + / -
Here are some things to try in order of ease.

Press and hold Cancel and Left Arrow while plugging in the power to do a reset.

If a reset doesn't solve anything, reinstall the old cartridge if you have it. The problem coinciding with installing a new cartridge could be a coincidence or directly related, how I'm not exactly sure.

Check the printer-computer cable and make sure it is connected solidly on both ends.

Uninstall and reinstall the printer software.

Remove the rear access door and the rear panel. (You will need a T10 Torx head driver to remove the panel.) Check the white ribbon cables on left, as view from the rear, to see if they are plugged in all the way. Even if they are, unplug and replug them. If you don't have small fingers it will take some patience. They come from the scanner.

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Anonymous (8/30/07 5:16 AM) reply + / -
I did all of the above, except the last one because I do not have Torx driver and my computer still does not print. The printer itself just says "1 Copy/100%" on the screen and anytime I go to print, it always comes up as an Error and says it could not print. The scanner still doesn't move, but I'm less worried about that. I'd rather just get the printer working, and it boggles my mind that it worked perfectly fine before I installed the cartridge...then the printer stopped working and the scanner stopped moving. Do you think I should go get another new cartridge? It seems odd to me that a new cartridge would solve the problem, but I really have no idea what went wrong...

hp psc 2110 all-in-one by engftp (8/30/07 7:22 AM) reply + / -
Hi. I did take the machine apart and clean the encoder strip. It still the same, message "carriage jam. Open door and clear carriage, then press enter". Is anyone have same experience? Will no ink on both cartiage cause the message pop up? Can anyone help....

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Anonymous (8/30/07 7:23 AM) reply + / -
it will work once in a while the dont makes a klicking noise then when i try to make copies it will say warming up but wont do anything what should i do

Re: Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by engftp (8/30/07 7:25 AM) reply + / -
You may not nees a Torx driver to remove all screws. Find a small flat head screw driver will remove all screws and take the machin apart.

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Bert (8/30/07 5:55 PM) reply + / -
ANONYMOUS with the problem that coincided with a new cartridge

Test the cartridge in another printer. Go to this web page for a list of compatible printers.
http://partsurfer.hp.com

You can get Torx drivers at any tool store or the tool department in any home improvement store.

ENQFTP

Assuming that the encoder strip may have been removed, is it connected on both ends and threaded through the carriage properly?

Also, review the stuff on this web page.

If the problem persists, clean the carriage rod with alcohol and lubricate it with Lubriplate Aero. You can get it online. The wrong grease can make the problem worse. NO WD40.

Re: Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Anonymous (8/31/07 6:34 AM) reply + / -
Bert,

What is the other name of Lubriplate Aero? OR commercial name for substitution.

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Bert (8/31/07 9:28 AM) reply + / -
Lubriplate Aero is the only name used that I'm aware of.
http://www.aaaremotes.com/lbr-st.html

Another tech has recommended Chemplex 710, a synthetic lubricant. I've stuck with Aero because I've had no problems with it.
http://www.amessupply.com/products1.cfm?aid=1&cid=F&sid=FE&fid=2204975

Most greases are too viscous and therefore tend to make the carriage bind, i.e. you're right back where you started.

Re: Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Anonymous (9/12/07 6:25 AM) reply + / -
I lost my disk to install my printer into let my computer. Please let me how how can I get another one

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Bert (9/12/07 7:01 AM) reply + / -
See may 8/4/07 4:39 PM post on this thread.

Re: Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Anonymous (9/16/07 2:55 AM) reply + / -
Bert,

I did not remove the encoder strip becasue I worry I may not able to threaded through the carriage. However, I did take some photo of the all-in-one after dissemable the top cover, LH and RH side panels.

Without put back the LH and RH side panels, I reconnect all wirings to find out where the noise come from. It comes from the RH lower corner where the carriage suppose to set/rest on and 2 wheels contact each other.

Pls advise should I further remove the circuit board on the RH side? Also, there is a plastic disc on the LH side, likes a clock seting, thread through a squre black connecter. I do not know what is the correct setting of the plastic disc. Can anyone advise what should I do next....

Anyone need to see inside of the 2110 all-in-one, pls send me note.

Re: Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Anonymous (9/16/07 2:55 AM) reply + / -
Bert,

I did not remove the encoder strip becasue I worry I may not able to threaded through the carriage. However, I did take some photo of the all-in-one after dissemable the top cover, LH and RH side panels.

Without put back the LH and RH side panels, I reconnect all wirings to find out where the noise come from. It comes from the RH lower corner where the carriage suppose to set/rest on and 2 wheels contact each other.

Pls advise should I further remove the circuit board on the RH side? Also, there is a plastic disc on the LH side, likes a clock seting, thread through a squre black connecter. I do not know what is the correct setting of the plastic disc. Can anyone advise what should I do next....

Anyone need to see inside of the 2110 all-in-one, pls send me note.

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by engftp (9/16/07 3:06 AM) reply + / -
Dear All,

Is there any way to by-pass the "carrige jam, open door" message and use the all-in-one as a scanner only? Can anyone adivse...

Re: Re: Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Anonymous (9/26/07 6:57 PM) reply + / -
I just got this printer from someone and all it does is tell me to align the cartridges....what do i do??

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Bert (9/26/07 10:51 PM) reply + / -
Both print cartridges have to working for the alignment to work.

Blot the cartridge nozzles on a damp paper towel a few times for two seconds. You should see a clear indication of black ink flowing from the black cartridge and yellow, magenta, and cyan flowing from the color cartridge.

It's not the white stripe, it's the black one by hydroxy (10/8/07 5:23 PM) reply + / -
Why would it look for a white stripe? The whole top is white. It's the black stripe it's looking for. White on either side (the lid and then the white stripe on the inside).

Hold your finger infront of the camera part and you'll see it instantly stops.

It's not the white stripe, it's the black one by hydroxy (10/8/07 6:10 PM) reply + / -
Why would it look for a white stripe? The whole top is white. It's the black stripe it's looking for. White on either side (the lid and then the white stripe on the inside).

Hold your finger infront of the camera part and you'll see it instantly stops.

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by FWH (11/17/07 5:44 PM) reply + / -
I cleaned my glass and realigned my mirror and no more clicking. I've been looking for a solution for about six months. This was the best - thank you

Re: hp psc 2110v all-in-one by sdanville (2/14/08 5:40 AM) reply + / -

Mine has the searching problem.

I cleaned my mirrors. it still is searching for line up.

ready to sell for parts. $10 anyone ? Near Grand Rapids Michigan.

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by ccdesigner (3/9/08 6:44 AM) reply + / -
Being a stupid engineer-minded individual, I chose to disassemble my psc2110v to clean the underside of the scanner glass. The result was that upon reassembling and turning on, the scanner did the whole "bang head against wall" thing.

I cleaned the glass again and again, but to no avail. Partial resets didn't help. I finally broke down and cleaned each of the mirrors with glass cleaner (yes I know that is the wrong way of doing it) and cleaned the yellowy residue off of the white plastic casing of the bulb (to increase the brightness).

Unfortunately, it only initialized once after that.

So I took the strip off (marking where it should be on the glass by outlining the u shape end with a sharpie). I cleaned the glue off the right most edge of the strip and the right most edge of teh glass. I then sharpied all down that edge of the strip because it wasn't very dark originally.

Now it works with no problem.

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by sdanville (3/9/08 2:58 PM) reply + / -
GOOD JOB ! !

I took my allignment page that the printer prits out...and moved it off center 1/2 inch,,,,, and what do you know,,, It works ! !

Re: Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Anonymous (3/18/08 2:51 PM) reply + / -
Thank you for your post. I almost tosted my printer because of this same problem. just one thing though, that control panel slides to you with a latch just under the "hp psc 2100 all-in-one" logo. thank you again

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by blu_catz (4/1/08 12:06 AM) reply + / -
I have problem with hp psc 2110,

everything is ok until i print image. there is some image won't to print, in this case i try to print another image with same extention (.jpg, .gif, etc). But if i print from another printer it have no problem at all.

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by anonymous (4/15/08 11:40 PM) reply + / -
I have problem with HP PSC 2110,

I shared this printer to another PC, but when I print from client PC, it won't print especially .jpeg file,
I have try with another file (.gif, .png, .bmp, etc), and it's all have no problem.
but when I print from PC that directly connected to printer HP 2110, everything printed.

I try to print to another printer (ex. Canon), and that is have no problem.

So, anyone can help me?? please..

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by DONALD ENSOR (4/25/08 5:47 PM) reply + / -
The "carriage jam" problem.
My PSC2110 screwed up the paper on the 3rd copy out of 5 then gave that message. The carriage was positively jammed about 2/3 of the way to the left side. After extensive disassembly I found that the printer heads and their carriage move to and fro, and also pivot, on the horizontal rod and there is an "ear" on the back of the carriage that extends into a channel at rear top of the frame. At print head cleaning-time a space at top of the channel lets the print head rotate forward and drop onto an "Ink Graveyard" so that's what the ear is for. In this case the "ear" had moved downwards when the screwed-up paper pushed the print heads up and the "ear" caught on a projecting fold of metal placed in the middle of the channel below its normal path.

Next time I shall fix it by this tool-free method: (1) Power off. (2) Clear any remaining paper from path. (3) Slide print carriage to left. (3)Pressing down lightly on the front of the carriage, slide it to the right until it is near the right-hand edge. (4) Power on.
Never give up! Donald.

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by frtnrmama (4/27/08 6:16 AM) reply + / -
During a storm we had a power outage and since then the scanner won't work. When I hit scan, it says "Scanning to Photo Gallary" but after a while of doing nothing, it says that there is no connection to the computer. Turn on or connect computer or install software. I reinstalled the software. I tried to restart it while holding cancel & <, and while holding setup & < and nothing changes. I know it is connected because everything from my computer prints just fine. Of course the copier works fine too, but I really need my scanner to come back to me.

Any ideas? Please help!

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by sdanville (4/27/08 7:14 AM) reply + / -
I have no good news.
fried circuits on the main circuit board it sounds like.

I would unplug for a day then try again.
I think you will only have a printer and no scanner forever.

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by ayanamaisha (5/2/08 7:29 AM) reply + / -
Hello. I'm having trouble with my HP psc 2100v all-in-one printer, copier and scanner. The printer and copier works fine, but the scanner refuses to scan anything. I'm using a used computer, and the previous owner had HP Image Zone, a program that I had never used with my scanner before. I figured it was the problem, so I deleted it. Now I'm looking for the correct HP Photo and Imaging software...does anyone know where I can download it?

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Bert (5/2/08 9:18 AM) reply + / -
HP has eliminated support for Windows 98 and ME. If you are using Windows XP or 2000 you can download the HP Full Solution Software Driver here.

Re: Re: Re: Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Anonymous (5/2/08 9:37 AM) reply + / -
I have the same experience with all my hp printers. They self-destruct or they "died suddenly" without any reason at all. Good luck with your Cannon.

Re: Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Anonymous (5/19/08 2:46 PM) reply + / -
Email me I have a spare cd! sammey19@mchsi.com

Re: Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Anonymous (6/16/08 11:49 AM) reply + / -
this is 3 years after your posting..but it may help someone else...I had the same problem..stacks of paper where the aligment would not complete. I finally found an HP website with forums that helped. It was my tri-color cartridge that needed replacing. (I had just replaced the black ink cartridge and that is when my printer was trying to align)...The information I read said if your color is not right on the aligment page...even if the black is not dark enough or has streaks/lines...the printer will not align. I replaced the tri-color ink cartridge and the alignment worked first try. Hope this helps someone...it was very frustrating trying to figure this out (for about 2 weeks !)...

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by jaz (6/24/08 3:03 AM) reply + / -
hello. i have this problem of printing to hp psc 2110 all in one. it can print a test page. but when i supposed to print the file or document from my computer e.g. from word or from photoshop, the printer just feed the paper and print nothing (blank)...

anyone knows the problem. i also uninstall and reinstall, but the same problem exists. i also downloaded the latest/full version from hp's website, still it does not work.

please help. thanks!

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Anonymous (6/29/08 7:35 AM) reply + / -
Try this. I just got the problem for a 2nd time in 6 months and this fix worked for me. Good luck!

"holding down Cancel and Left Arrow while plugging the power cord in"

Re: Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Anonymous (1/24/09 2:33 PM) reply + / -
Thanks, this works also fine for me!
Specially the last part: align scanhead by hand!

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by wilif (2/7/09 7:56 AM) reply + / -
Hi All,

My HP all in one is about 3 years old, and has served nobly and well.

First, I had the 'clicking noise' issue about 6 mos. ago,and following the instrutions to remove and clean the glass, fixed the problem.

Now I am having a loud 'squealing, screeching' noise almost always when I try to print. It sounds like the wheels that are supposed to propel the paper are stuck or not catching. The error message says 'paper jam' but nothing is stuck. If I press 'enter' it will then function, but the hi-pitched, grating squeal is a frightening sound. And, something must be wrong!

Anybody got anything?

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Bert (2/7/09 3:05 PM) reply + / -
Remove the rear cleanout door and clean the large rubber feed rollers with water.

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by lhg (4/24/09 12:48 PM) reply + / -
Our hp 2110 printer is printing page numbers on the top right and a 3/18/2008 date on the bottom left. The page number (page 21 of 101)changes but the 101 stays the same. This is now printing on everything I print even emails. i restored the factory defaults but it is still printing the unwanted page number and date. Help?

Re: Re: Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Anonymous (5/5/09 5:02 PM) reply + / -
COULD YOU PLEASE SEND ME A COPY OF THE CD, I HAVE A NEW COMPUTER AS WELL, AND CANT FIND MINE

COURTNEY BRASHER
7418 DEERLODGE LANE
CORRYTON TN 37721

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by cbad (5/6/09 11:13 AM) reply + / -
Gray latch that holds the black ink cartridge in place broke. Does anyone know where to get a replacement?

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Bert (5/6/09 10:08 PM) reply + / -
They are only available from scrap printers. Several printers that use the 56/57 cartridge set use the same latch.

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by moe (5/6/09 11:15 PM) reply + / -
I've got a few scrap printers. Click on my name to email me for pricing/ordering info.

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Anonymous (5/10/09 2:41 PM) reply + / -
hey bert..

did anyone ever fix this problem:

I did all of the above, except the last one because I do not have Torx driver and my computer still does not print. The printer itself just says "1 Copy/100%" on the screen and anytime I go to print, it always comes up as an Error and says it could not print. The scanner still doesn't move, but I'm less worried about that. I'd rather just get the printer working, and it boggles my mind that it worked perfectly fine before I installed the cartridge...then the printer stopped working and the scanner stopped moving. Do you think I should go get another new cartridge? It seems odd to me that a new cartridge would solve the problem, but I really have no idea what went wrong...

i have the exact same problem.

Re: Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Dayglozine (7/2/09 1:39 AM) reply + / -
Hi. Have one of these old printers and experienced the same problem as some of the posters. Followed your advice and voila, Problem solved. Thanks for the good advice.

Re: Re: Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Anonymous (8/1/09 12:10 PM) reply + / -
iam in need of a instalation disc for my 2110 all in one printer can i purchase from someone pls. thanks

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Bert (8/1/09 1:47 PM) reply + / -

Re: Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Anonymous (9/9/09 12:03 PM) reply + / -
This worked well. Thanks. Just don't forget to note the orientation of the ribbon.

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Rick the mick (9/27/09 12:52 PM) reply + / -
Holy smoke guys that worked great!! Didn't try aligning the mirrors, just cleaned the glass (which is easy) and it works better than it has for three years!! Have had that intermittent Clacking and Scanner Failure message on and off for that long. Was cured in the past by powering down and resets, which didn't work this time. I cleaned the steel shaft the scanner rides on with a drop of very fine (Marvel) oil on a paper towel, maybe that helps also! Thanks!

Re: Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Anonymous (11/5/09 11:49 AM) reply + / -
Stephen...this worked perfectly. All it took was 10 seconds without having to remove any screws or clean the inside of the glass, etc. etc. Thanks!

Re: Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by resaca (3/17/10 5:30 AM) reply + / -
You are a star.
All works perfect now.
Thanks

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Joeri Sebrechts (6/8/10 1:38 PM) reply + / -
I had issues with my HP PSC 2105 not being able to scan any more, on windows 7 64-bit and on max os x 10.6 snow leopard. I followed the instructions to clean the glass plate on the underside, and now the scanner functionality works perfectly again.

See these instructions on the HP site:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by RalphieD (6/13/10 7:40 AM) reply + / -
I took the scanner assembly out of my HP psc2110v printer to clean it. I detached the scanner belt. Now I don't know how to reattach the belt. Does anyone know how to reattach the white scanner belt?

Re: hp psc 2310 all-in-one by hermanus (6/13/10 9:29 AM) reply + / -
I have hp psc 2310 series, when i turn on and then after inizialys progress there is a noise sound until error message display "Scan Failuer, please turn off and turn on again". I've tried many times to turn off and turn on again, but the same problem I find..Please sugest me about this problem and Thank U for Helping..

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by RalphieD (6/13/10 10:26 AM) reply + / -
There is a post at http://dmsaudiocorp-ice.com/psc2100.htm that illustrates how to take the scanner assembly off and clean. The problem that I have is that I don't know how to reattach the white scanner belt. That is what I need help for.

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Rick_the_mick (6/13/10 12:25 PM) reply + / -
This is the very common problem, at least with the 2110. Try resetting it several times, if no luck clean the glass both sides, clean and lightly oil the scanner shaft while your at it. Then never power it off, this scanner failure thing always happened to mine after it was powered down. Good luck.

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by hermanuskore (6/14/10 12:14 AM) reply + / -
I,ve tried to clean both the glasses, but the same problem still happened.The noise sound from the motor rotator at the scan bulb, always move at the back, can't move forward. I think the problem is from the sensor to stop the motor rotator. Please inform me, if anybody known about the sensor procedure to stop the motor rotator at the scan bulb. Thank U..

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Fix it (7/1/10 6:24 AM) reply + / -
***** CLEAN THE STRIP ON THE GLASS ABOVE THE CARRIAGE ******

I had the same problem. Sometimes (not always) after switching on and the thing goes through its self test the scanner makes a banging noise. I took it apart (thanks to the person in this thread that explained how) and discovered a reflective strip on the underside of the glass on the edge nearest the control panel. I think the light in the carriage uses this to detect when to stop. Mine was ever so slightly smeared. I cleaned it and everything works.

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one RESOLVED....FIXED by scooter13uk (9/12/10 7:59 AM) reply + / -
***** A LITTLE CLEANING ******

I had this problem for months but the fix for me took 5 minutes. I cleaned the scanner bulb & white strip....Good as new now!

**Take care opening up...Use Bert's instructions posted above/earlier** I used a small flathead screwdriver instead of star screwdriver as I didn't have one.**

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by ebl (1/21/11 12:01 AM) reply + / -
Bonjour,
j'ai eu le même problème avec l'alignement des cartouches, en fait l'imprimante imprime 2 feuilles, l'une explicative et l'autre avec des lignes de calibrage, cette dernière feuille est à placer sur la vitre le carré noir en bas à droite ,l'imprimante peut ainsi aligner les cartouches et numériser, ensuite j'ai enfin pu copier mes documents.

Re: Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by pweston (8/21/12 2:13 AM) reply + / -
Thank you so much Bert (where ever you are) for posting the information (over 7 years ago) on how to remove the HP PSC 2110V All In One printer cover to clean the glass underneath. My printer had been making that clicking sound for a long time and only by luck would it eventually set. But now, thanks to you I fixed it and I feel empowered. Your instructions were perfect. -- Pamela

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by Rick_the_mick (8/21/12 9:52 PM) reply + / -
I hope you are keeping it going Pamela, when it worked the 2110 was a nice machine! I gave up on it finally in 2010, bought a Brother sheet feeder wireless machine BORING, always works, tells me when ink is getting low, cartridges $5, there is a good life after 2110!

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by airhammon (10/7/12 11:04 AM) reply + / -
my printor it not working as all, i don't know why, when i turn it on all i can see its just bringing on the screen n didn't tell me y. its look like just try to lord up something but its been like that forever. Please helppppp
Air Hammon

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by pweston (7/9/13 4:14 PM) reply + / -
Does anyone know how to reattach the scanner belt? I need help right away. -- Pamela.

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by moe (7/9/13 8:00 PM) reply + / -
How did it come unattached?

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by pweston (7/9/13 8:46 PM) reply + / -
when I was following the instructions at: http://dmsaudiocorp.deep-ice.com/psc2100.htm

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by moe (7/10/13 2:11 PM) reply + / -
It goes through the channel on the bottom of the scanner assy. You have to feed it down into the track and flip it back over. The other 2 ends go around the 2 pulleys. Most times you don't have to take it apart to clean it. You can get away with cleaning the mirror that's visible through the opening at the top. That's where 90% of the dust winds up.

Re: hp psc 2110 all-in-one by moe (7/10/13 2:12 PM) reply + / -
It goes through the channel on the bottom of the scanner assy. You have to feed it down into the track and flip it back over. The other 2 ends go around the 2 pulleys. Most times you don't have to take it apart to clean it. You can get away with cleaning the mirror that's visible through the opening at the top. That's where 90% of the dust winds up.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters