fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Lexmark x6100 Series printer won't print.Help!

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Lexmark x6100 Series printer won't print.Help! by davis (11/21/04 1:35 PM) reply+2 + / -
My printer has a error message that says HARDWARE ERROR 0502. It will not print. My mother was trying to print photos at the time. Please help so I can do my homework! Thank you.

Re: Lexmark x6100 Series printer won't print.Help! by -=coppertop=- (11/22/04 3:35 PM) reply + / -
this is usually cause by a twisted encoder strip, or a bad system board. These are typically in warenty from lexmark. Look for a plastic strip behind the carrier and play with it a bit.

Re: Re: Lexmark x6100 Series printer won't print.H by fixit28 (1/25/06 5:41 PM) reply + / -
Take a lightly damp cloth and wipe down the compartment where the ink cartriges are. I was getting a 0502 every second page and I haven't had any since cleaning.

Re: Lexmark x6100 Series printer won't print.Help! by Anonymous (1/26/06 7:56 AM) reply + / -
My mom has lost her software to re-load her x6100 in her computer.
How or what can I do to get this software?

Re: Re: Lexmark x6100 Series printer won't print.Help! by Anonymous (1/29/06 8:56 AM) reply + / -
Go to http://www.lexmark.com. Click on the tab that says "downloads." You will be prompted to put in what type of printer it is (x6150, etc.) You can download the drivers from there.

Re: Re: Lexmark x6100 Series printer won't print.Help! by Anonymous (4/19/06 8:32 AM) reply + / -
every time i try to print a page it shows print but it wont print i just instald a new black ink cartrige it looks like its in right

Re: Re: Re: Lexmark x6100 Series printer won't print.Help! by Anonymous (4/29/06 8:42 AM) reply+2 + / -
you have to go into lex mrk on your desk top a reconfigure and tell it it has a new ink cartridge then after that lift up open the scanner wipe the little tape down with a damp cloth sometimes the new ink cartridge and old tape build up ink

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lexmark x6100 Series printer won't print.Help! by Anonymous (5/22/06 1:21 AM) reply + / -
Cool it worked Damp Cloth FTW

Re: Lexmark x6100 Series printer won't print.Help! by Anonymous (5/10/07 7:08 PM) reply + / -
The printer cannot communicate with the computer

Re: Lexmark x6100 Series printer won't print.Help! by milli27 (10/28/07 11:13 PM) reply + / -
Our printer will print in color but not in black. It's a brand new cartridge, it was placed in correctly, and I tryed reinstalling the printer but nothing works...what should I do??

Re: Re: Lexmark x6100 Series printer won't print.Help! by doverment (11/16/07 4:55 AM) reply + / -
I am having the same problem. Did you figure this one out yet?

Re: Lexmark x6100 Series printer won't print.Help! by lizziemcclure (12/2/07 9:58 PM) reply + / -
cleaned encoding strip cause of print problems but it fell out. Is there a way to re-install or just just buy a new printer. lexmark X6150 - also has always had paper feed problems from day one. HELP!!!

Re: Lexmark x6100 Series printer won't print.Help! by heathls (12/19/07 8:23 PM) reply + / -
I have a lexmark printer Printer 6100 Brand new cartridges and the black will print and the colored will not. What do I need to do?

Re: Lexmark x6100 Series printer won't print.Help! by mqflowers (3/6/08 8:58 AM) reply + / -
My Lexmark Printer is jamming the paper, as if the rollers aren't working properly

Re: Re: Lexmark x6100 Series printer won't print.Help! by martin429 (3/21/08 2:48 PM) reply + / -
The encoder strip on my Lexmark x6170 came off. on one end it has F with an arrow pointing downwards and the other end has a D. I tried the obvious way of putting the F facing forward and the arrow down but it still doesn't work. Does anybody know or have a picture of how it should go on there? Many thanks. Martin429

Re: Lexmark x6100 Series printer won't print.Help! by inbloomnirvana6 (3/26/08 1:40 PM) reply + / -
everytime i print theres a strip in the middle where theres no ink, and at the top of the strip it has a bunch of colors. and i can only print pics, if i try to print of tabs or watever, it will say error 5020. anybody no what i should do?

Re: Lexmark x6100 Series printer won't print.Help! by Anonymous (7/2/08 8:10 AM) reply + / -
I have a LEXMARK X6170 model of which I am extremely proud of. I am experiencing quite a bit of problem with my old faithful! I am now sitting with a problem - after scanning a document and the also a picture, my printer refuses to print. This is from a scanning situation. If I want to print directly to make copies, then 'she' also refuses to print. The ERROR CODE that comes up is: HARDWARE - ERROR 0502.
Please advise me what to do so that I can continue to enjoy my printer.
Awaiting your reply with bated breath and full of hope.

Thanks Phillip. Cape Town South Africa.

Re: Lexmark x6100 Series printer won't print.Help! by lindalou (8/22/08 10:30 AM) reply + / -
I am trying to install the cd for the x6100 series to my new computer. I am having a terrible time. The response from the installation guide says the cd is not in English? What can I do?

Re: Re: Lexmark x6100 Series printer won't print.Help! by Anonymous (11/5/08 5:57 PM) reply + / -
when paper start it goes to one side and jam , what is solution

Re: Lexmark x6100 Series printer won't print.Help! by anonymous (2/12/09 5:52 PM) reply + / -
I get message saying paper jamed but its not please help!

Re: Re: Lexmark x6100 Series printer won't print.Help! by Anonymous (2/22/09 3:49 PM) reply + / -
My printer is running slow it want print

Re: Lexmark x6100 Series printer won't print.Help! by Helpful (5/23/09 9:06 AM) reply + / -
Buy a new brand of printer. Simply Lexmark has so MANY problems, that you may as well spring a couple extra bucks for a better made printer and be done with it. Less hassle and better quality.

Re: Lexmark x6100 Series printer won't print.Help! by Dennis and Patricia (5/28/09 5:14 AM) reply + / -
My lexmark x6100 printer has a message that says "Unlock Scanner then press power" and I donot know how to unlock the scanner. When I try to print, the PC is reading that the printer is not turned on when the power is clearly on but has the above message about the scanner. What do I do?

Thank you

Dennis Vespe

Re: Lexmark x6100 Series printer won't print.Help! by Anonymous (10/15/09 9:14 PM) reply + / -
i lost my installation cd and i need to reinstall my printer what do i do

Re: Re: Lexmark x6100 Series printer won't print.Help! by Anonymous (10/16/09 12:31 AM) reply + / -
That means that the encoding strip is dirty and needs to be cleaned or replaced if scratched like mine. I bought my x6170 printer for $10 at an auction and $28 for a black cartridge. I loved it because it was my first "All-in-one" printer and I needed one that scanned. My 2 year old reached in and grabbed the encoding strip and that was that. I spent $20 on an almost new Dell printer and it didn't scan and later found out that Lexmark makes the printers for Dell. Now I use it as a copy and print machine. I have tried to find a new encoding strip but they wanted $45 + s&h. I didn't think it was woth it. Good luck!

Downloads are not working! by lina.561 (10/16/09 11:46 AM) reply + / -
I have X6170 I hooked the USB cable in the computer...I have no disk so I downloaded the software form the Lexmark website.
I installed the software and also went into the settings on my computer and added this printer. I have it plugged in while doing all this. I cannot get this printer to work at all. its not communicating with my computer. Any advise?
Thanks

Re: Lexmark x6100 Series printer won't print.Help! by Anonymous (1/27/10 8:57 AM) reply + / -
my printer says error message 0502 how do u fix this

Re: Lexmark x6100 Series printer won't print.Help! by Anonymous (3/2/10 5:17 AM) reply + / -
it will not print

Re: Lexmark x6100 Series printer won't print.Help! by NTGyrl (8/15/10 1:19 PM) reply + / -
Help! My printer says that its printing documents. The paper goes through with ease as though its printing, however, the paper is blank when it comes out. What can I do?

Re: Lexmark x6100 Series printer won't print.Help! by printmaster098 (8/23/10 4:13 PM) reply + / -
Is it the same issue even when making a copy using the buttons on the operator panel? If so, try reseating the cartridges on the printer. If copying is ok, then most probably it's a software issue. Uninstall the Lexmark sofware from your computer. To reinstall, I suggest you use the driver from the Lexmark website.

Re: Lexmark x6100 Series printer won't print.Help! by Evone65 (10/22/10 12:30 PM) reply + / -
My printer is the Lexmark X6100
Bought in 2005 at Best Buys.
It squeak alot when printing.
Black Ink sometime want print out everything on a page. Usually has alot faded skip spot.
Alot time said "Unlock Scanner". read my book manual and basic doesnt explain how stop Unlock scanning.
I were just wonder if my printer is going out on me.

Re: Lexmark x6100 Series printer won't print.Help! by xx000xx (9/15/11 12:09 PM) reply + / -
Everything for the printer seems to have installed properly but it still will not print. It often gives me a message telling me that its not connected to the right USB port even though Ive tried them all.. any suggestions?

Re: Re: Lexmark x6100 Series printer won't print.Help! by BJL (12/2/11 6:40 PM) reply + / -
Open the main cavity. Underneath the lid there is a red lever. Push it to unlock it. That is the scanner lock.

Re: Lexmark x6100 Series printer won't print.Help! by mestan07 (1/4/12 8:36 PM) reply + / -
i have a lexmark x6150

i installed the most recent drivers for vista, and the installation process went through successfully. however, when i go to print, the print queue says 'offline -- printing"

i do not know how to get it to print online.

i turned the computer on and off, but i am at a loss.

please help.

thanks

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters