unknown

asked Nov 21, 2004 at 1:35pm
Lexmark Lexmark Optra T

Lexmark x6100 Series printer won't print.Help!

My printer has a error message that says HARDWARE ERROR 0502. It will not print. My mother was trying to print photos at the time. Please help so I can do my homework! Thank you.
you have to go into lex mrk on your desk top a reconfigure and tell it it has a new ink cartridge then after that lift up open the scanner wipe the little tape down with a damp cloth sometimes the new ink cartridge and old tape build up ink
by Anonymous on Apr 29, 2006 at 8:42am Add comment
this is usually cause by a twisted encoder strip, or a bad system board. These are typically in warenty from lexmark. Look for a plastic strip behind the carrier and play with it a bit.
by unknown on Nov 22, 2004 at 3:35pm Add comment
every time i try to print a page it shows print but it wont print i just instald a new black ink cartrige it looks like its in right - Anonymous
Take a lightly damp cloth and wipe down the compartment where the ink cartriges are. I was getting a 0502 every second page and I haven't had any since cleaning.
by unknown on Jan 25, 2006 at 5:41pm Add comment
My mom has lost her software to re-load her x6100 in her computer.
How or what can I do to get this software?
by Anonymous on Jan 26, 2006 at 7:56am Add comment
Go to http://www.lexmark.com. Click on the tab that says "downloads." You will be prompted to put in what type of printer it is (x6150, etc.) You can download the drivers from there. - Anonymous
Cool it worked Damp Cloth FTW
by Anonymous on May 22, 2006 at 1:21am Add comment
The printer cannot communicate with the computer
by Anonymous on May 10, 2007 at 7:08pm Add comment
My printer is running slow it want print - Anonymous
cleaned encoding strip cause of print problems but it fell out. Is there a way to re-install or just just buy a new printer. lexmark X6150 - also has always had paper feed problems from day one. HELP!!!
by unknown on Dec 2, 2007 at 9:58pm Add comment
The encoder strip on my Lexmark x6170 came off. on one end it has F with an arrow pointing downwards and the other end has a D. I tried the obvious way of putting the F facing forward and the arrow down but it still doesn't work. Does anybody know or have a picture of how it should go on there? Many thanks. Martin429 - martin429
I have a lexmark printer Printer 6100 Brand new cartridges and the black will print and the colored will not. What do I need to do?
by unknown on Dec 19, 2007 at 8:23pm Add comment
My Lexmark Printer is jamming the paper, as if the rollers aren't working properly
by unknown on Mar 6, 2008 at 8:58am Add comment
when paper start it goes to one side and jam , what is solution - Anonymous
everytime i print theres a strip in the middle where theres no ink, and at the top of the strip it has a bunch of colors. and i can only print pics, if i try to print of tabs or watever, it will say error 5020. anybody no what i should do?
by inbloomnirvana6 on Mar 26, 2008 at 1:40pm Add comment
I have a LEXMARK X6170 model of which I am extremely proud of. I am experiencing quite a bit of problem with my old faithful! I am now sitting with a problem - after scanning a document and the also a picture, my printer refuses to print. This is from a scanning situation. If I want to print directly to make copies, then 'she' also refuses to print. The ERROR CODE that comes up is: HARDWARE - ERROR 0502.
Please advise me what to do so that I can continue to enjoy my printer.
Awaiting your reply with bated breath and full of hope.

Thanks Phillip. Cape Town South Africa.
by Anonymous on Jul 2, 2008 at 8:10am Add comment
That means that the encoding strip is dirty and needs to be cleaned or replaced if scratched like mine. I bought my x6170 printer for $10 at an auction and $28 for a black cartridge. I loved it because it was my first "All-in-one" printer and I needed one that scanned. My 2 year old reached in and grabbed the encoding strip and that was that. I spent $20 on an almost new Dell printer and it didn't scan and later found out that Lexmark makes the printers for Dell. Now I use it as a copy and print machine. I have tried to find a new encoding strip but they wanted $45 + s&h. I didn't think it was woth it. Good luck! - Anonymous
I am trying to install the cd for the x6100 series to my new computer. I am having a terrible time. The response from the installation guide says the cd is not in English? What can I do?
by lindalou on Aug 22, 2008 at 10:30am Add comment
I get message saying paper jamed but its not please help!
by unknown on Feb 12, 2009 at 5:52pm Add comment
Buy a new brand of printer. Simply Lexmark has so MANY problems, that you may as well spring a couple extra bucks for a better made printer and be done with it. Less hassle and better quality.
by Helpful on May 23, 2009 at 9:06am Add comment
My lexmark x6100 printer has a message that says "Unlock Scanner then press power" and I donot know how to unlock the scanner. When I try to print, the PC is reading that the printer is not turned on when the power is clearly on but has the above message about the scanner. What do I do?

Thank you

Dennis Vespe
by unknown on May 28, 2009 at 5:14am Add comment
Open the main cavity. Underneath the lid there is a red lever. Push it to unlock it. That is the scanner lock. - BJL
i lost my installation cd and i need to reinstall my printer what do i do
by Anonymous on Oct 15, 2009 at 9:14pm Add comment
I have X6170 I hooked the USB cable in the computer...I have no disk so I downloaded the software form the Lexmark website.
I installed the software and also went into the settings on my computer and added this printer. I have it plugged in while doing all this. I cannot get this printer to work at all. its not communicating with my computer. Any advise?
Thanks
by unknown on Oct 16, 2009 at 11:46am Add comment
my printer says error message 0502 how do u fix this
by Anonymous on Jan 27, 2010 at 8:57am Add comment
it will not print
by Anonymous on Mar 2, 2010 at 5:17am Add comment
Help! My printer says that its printing documents. The paper goes through with ease as though its printing, however, the paper is blank when it comes out. What can I do?
by unknown on Aug 15, 2010 at 1:19pm Add comment
Is it the same issue even when making a copy using the buttons on the operator panel? If so, try reseating the cartridges on the printer. If copying is ok, then most probably it's a software issue. Uninstall the Lexmark sofware from your computer. To reinstall, I suggest you use the driver from the Lexmark website.
by unknown on Aug 23, 2010 at 4:13pm Add comment
My printer is the Lexmark X6100
Bought in 2005 at Best Buys.
It squeak alot when printing.
Black Ink sometime want print out everything on a page. Usually has alot faded skip spot.
Alot time said "Unlock Scanner". read my book manual and basic doesnt explain how stop Unlock scanning.
I were just wonder if my printer is going out on me.
by unknown on Oct 22, 2010 at 12:30pm Add comment
Everything for the printer seems to have installed properly but it still will not print. It often gives me a message telling me that its not connected to the right USB port even though Ive tried them all.. any suggestions?
by unknown on Sep 15, 2011 at 12:09pm Add comment
i have a lexmark x6150

i installed the most recent drivers for vista, and the installation process went through successfully. however, when i go to print, the print queue says 'offline -- printing"

i do not know how to get it to print online.

i turned the computer on and off, but i am at a loss.

please help.

thanks
by unknown on Jan 4, 2012 at 8:36pm Add comment
Our printer will print in color but not in black. It's a brand new cartridge, it was placed in correctly, and I tryed reinstalling the printer but nothing works...what should I do??
by unknown on Oct 28, 2007 at 11:13pm Add comment
I am having the same problem. Did you figure this one out yet? - doverment