fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Error while spooling to ""

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Error while spooling to "" by Gordon Farrell (8/29/04 12:07 PM) reply + / -
I have an Epson stylus color 800 printer and I am using Windows ME. When I try to print anything I get the following message "ERROR WHILE SPOOLING TO"" UNABLE TO OPEN SPOOL MANAGER". The self-test and nozzle check is OK. Can anybody help?

Re: Error while spooling to by Denny Conway (9/1/04 11:51 AM) reply + / -
Gordon: It actually sounds like you may have a problem in your Computer System, rather than in your printer. Unfortunatly, the "Windows ME Operating System" has had a lot of problems and related patches and fixes, every since it first came out. The company where I work, does not sell or support the ME Operating System, just because of all the different problems it has had. If that Printer Self-Test page prints out normally, then that would indicate that your printer is normally working ok. If your printer is working ok, then your problem could be in your Computer System/PC: bad drivers, bad printer cable, bad software, incorrect internal PC settings, possible hardware problems [parts problems], virus, etc. If by chance no one else can help you, it might be because this is a Printer Repair Site and it sounds like you may need a Computer Person, rather than a Printer Repair Technician. I'm sorry, I can't really help you, but I do hope someone else replies, that might be able to help you with your computer or software problem...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Error while spooling to by Harvey Mamon (9/3/04 12:23 PM) reply + / -
Gordon,
Did you ever get a solution to your problem? I get the same error message with Windows ME and an EPSON Stylus 600. I've been using them together for years without a problem, but the error message seems to have started after I installed Norton Internet Security 2004 a few weeks ago.

Re: Error while spooling to by sav (9/6/04 6:27 AM) reply + / -
i get the same error and i use an epson stylus color 400 on windows 98. does anybody have an answer??

Re: Error while spooling to by EAG (9/20/04 5:12 PM) reply + / -
Gordon, I have the same printer, same OS, same problem. Problem started after installing Norton Internet Security 2004. If you are running an antivirus program this may be the problem. Unfortunately, I've yet to find a fix. Norton says it's an Epson printer driver problem, and recommended reinstalling the printer but that didn't work. Epson says the problem is caused by the antivirus program and referred me back to Norton. Only way to get printer working again is to uninstall the antivirus program. Major pain! I will continue to research it and post the solution if found.

Re: Error while spooling to by Gail (10/1/04 12:18 AM) reply + / -
Has anyone solved the problem as above - I have the Epson Stylus colour 600 printer, Windows ME and NIS 2004 - it worked fine before I installed NIS 2004, if I uninstall NIS - my printer works but not otherwise with the virus software in situ.

Re: Error while spooling to by Ian Donohue (10/3/04 3:36 PM) reply + / -
I too have just had the problem. I use windows 98. I have had NAV 2003 installed for over 12 months and my printer worked ok. It has suddenly stopped. I have submitted a query to the Epson technical team. I'll let you know what they say. P.S. Trying to uninstall NAV is a major operation and can't be done by just using the uninstall programme.

Re: Error while spooling to by ch (10/3/04 6:42 PM) reply + / -
That is why so many are getting away from NAV. It seems to have some problems with more than just a printer system.
Removing NAV is like removing a virus. Its way to complicated.
ch

Re: Error while spooling to by ch (10/3/04 6:42 PM) reply + / -
That is why so many are getting away from NAV. It seems to have some problems with more than just a printer system.
Removing NAV is like removing a virus. Its way to complicated.
ch

Re: Error while spooling to by Peter Hardcastle (10/4/04 12:25 AM) reply + / -
Just to add my name to the list! Since installing Norton Internet Security 2004 - interestingly, 'though, I can print OK using the Epson stylus 800 colour driver without any problems by putting the printer on share & then printing from another PC via the network connection.

Re: Error while spooling to by Roger C (10/7/04 2:49 PM) reply + / -
Well I appear to have solved this problem on my machine. I had the same problem with my EPSON Stylus 600 as described by Peter only without any Norton products...it just stopped working! I started by re-installing the printer on the host machine as a normal local printer on LPT1 and ggiving it "shared" status. Test page printed fine. I then followed the advice in http://www.net4nowtforum.co.uk/archive/index.php/t-15838 to change the spool timers. Then I installed the EPSON on the other machine as a local printer from the latest driver set. Once installed get to the printer properties pages, "details" tab, hit the "Add port" button, and use the network printer option to browse to the port on the host machine where the EPSON is located and OK it. This now realloctes the port for the EPSON. Just for good measure I also applied the spool timing changes here as well! Then I applied the FAQ 2 from the EPSON site for the Stylus 600 and set up a separate directory for the spool file as described there (by default this had been C:/WINDOWS/TEMP and I changed it to C:/SPOOL). I then tried to print the test page and instead of getting the message for this article as before, the spooler panel popped up at the bottom of the screen after a short delay and the test page printed. Voila as we say here! Hope this works for you!

Re: Error while spooling to by pc technical ser (10/14/04 8:24 PM) reply + / -
"install local printer on LPT1 and giving it "shared" status""

How did you do this

Re: Error while spooling to by Problem Solved (10/15/04 3:09 PM) reply + / -
Here is what worked for me using the Epson Stylus Color 400 on Win98SE
Delete any Epson printer from your PC, reboot, go to your control panel, open up printers.
Select add printer, go to Epson. Instead of the driver for Epson Stylus Color 400, use this one;
Epson Stylus COLOR ESC/P 2
Worked great for me :)

Re: Error while spooling to by toby (10/16/04 12:15 AM) reply + / -
Problem Solved.
I have just received this fix from Epson and it worked.
I now have my printer back :-

" Thank you for your E-Mail.

Please try installing the Driver off the Windows 98 CD

1. Click Start
2. Click Settings
3. Click Printers
4. Double-click on Add Printer
5. Click Have Disk
6. Place the Windows 98 CD into your CD Rom
7. Click onto your CD Rom Drive
8. Browse to the Following Directory (if CDROM is your D Drive)
D:\Drivers\Printers\Epson\STYLS??? (where ??? is your printer model)
9. Click OK and follow the remaining installation instructions.

If you require further assistance, please contact the Epson Support line on
the numbers below for customers within Australia.

Regards

EPSON Support
EPSON Australia Pty Ltd
Phone: 1300 361 054
(8.30am to 6.00pm Monday to Friday EST)"

it worked perfect for me. what a joke, I have tried so many times to reinstall from the Printer C.D. never thinking of reinstalling from the Win98CD ????
Oh well we live and learn.
Cheers.
Toby.

Re: Error while spooling to by Anonymous (10/24/04 11:13 AM) reply + / -
I gave my friend my old PC runnning Windows ME. She can't get her printer to run on it. It's a Epsom Stylus Color 600. When we try to print we get the following error message
'Error while spooling to '''' unable to start spool manager'
Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance
Chris

Re: Error while spooling to by chris (10/24/04 11:15 AM) reply + / -
I gave my friend my old PC runnning Windows ME. She can't get her printer to run on it. It's a Epsom Stylus Color 600. When we try to print we get the following error message
Chris

Re: Error while spooling to by Chris (10/24/04 11:20 AM) reply + / -
Chris

Re: Error while spooling to by Anonymous (10/24/04 11:23 AM) reply + / -
As I have run the same message 3 times you can see what a klutz I am!
Any replies to my problem please make them simple. Step bt step instructions greatly appreciated, also do not have ME disc.
Chris (computer moron)

Re: Error while spooling to by Anonymous (10/27/04 1:44 PM) reply + / -
I found this solution from the french website. The web page was translated very poorly, but this person suggests removing new.net ( I think it is a spyware)using control panel and clicking install/uninstall. Well, after I've done that I re-installed the epson stylus software. The spool manager is all right now (I was not able to open it previously)but I can't say that everything is working properly as of right now because I don't have color ink on my printer and it refuses to print without it. I get this message "the printer is off-line" now.

Re: Error while spooling to by Anonymous (10/27/04 10:12 PM) reply + / -
Same basic problem as everyone else. Spooling issue. I have a Stylus 800. Installed as Epson Stylus COLOR ESC/P 2 from Add printer, and as problem solved has said, problem solved! very easy.

Re: Error while spooling to by Chris (10/28/04 9:24 AM) reply + / -
That would be wonderful if we had the Windows ME disc, but we don't. Any other ideas?

Spooling error with NIS 2004, Windows ME by Peter Hardcastle (10/29/04 5:36 AM) reply + / -
It is true that the Epson Stylus COLOR ESC/P 2 driver "works" with the Stylus Color 800 printer, however the image quality (photo's etc)is poor compared with the 800 driver. I tried Toby's solution (see above), ie the use of the W98 epson driver, which restored full high quality functionality, but only for a couple of days. Everything died again following a Norton liveupdate! The new malfunction is different from the previous "unable to start spool manager" error; only the first few lines are printed, taking several minutes, with much frantic print head shuffling; after which paper is repeatedly ejected from the cassette! I wonder if Trend's PC-cillin is cheaper than a new printer? Sigh!

Epson Stylus PhotoR300 - Spool error by Joakim B (10/29/04 8:24 AM) reply + / -

I have a spool issue as well. But I use a USB PCI card for my old computer with Win98SE. Printer tested on other computer and works fine, so does cable. Memory card unit in printer shows in Expolorer as removable disc and works ( I put in my dig cameraīs card and I could read from the memory card).
BUT... I cannot print. And it drives me crazy! I called epson support but those idiots just keep suggesting remove and re-install. Like I havenīt tried.

And as I use a USB port in -98 I cannot use timing settings as above. I tried to print directly to printer but no result. Nothing prints on this computer. I realize it might not be the usb situation as I can read a memory card. But maybe a spooler issue.

Any suggestions?

/Joakim

Re: Error while spooling to by ray (11/7/04 2:56 AM) reply+1 + / -
Ihave a EPSON STYLUS 600 running on windows 98 getting the error message, WHILE SPOOLING TO '--'
UNABLE TO START SPOOL MANAGER.this has only been like this for two weeks,before that no problems,Printer will print a test page but nothing from the computer, PLEASE HELP ME, ray

Re: Error while spooling to by Averil Gibson (11/7/04 11:35 AM) reply + / -
What is spooling actually doing? I have an Epsom C43SX and says can't find server but I can get onto the internet OK. Spooling just shoots out blank paper. don't really know what is happening, perhaps you can let me know. Thanks Averil

unable to get epson c62 to print from the internet by isobel (12/2/04 3:25 PM) reply + / -
help!i can't get my epson c62 to print info from the internet,it works okay with the computer and functions properly.it is driving me crazy with frustration.can you offer any advice please?

Re: Error while spooling to by Denny Conway (12/2/04 4:12 PM) reply + / -
Isobel: Your printer simply receives communication, in the form of DATA, thru the Printer Cable, which tells it what to print. If your printer works correctly, when print jobs are sent to it from your Computer System, or can actually run its Printer Test Page correctly, then that indicates that your printer is working normally. I'm guessing that your problem of not being able to print from the actual Internet, is actually in your Internet Providers Software. You may need to contact your Internet Provider and see if they offer any Technical Support and see if they can possibly help you. If they cannot be of any help, then you may need to get help from a Computer Technician/Person, rather than a Printer Technician, on this Printer Repair Site. We work on the actual printer problems, Printer Driver related problems and Printer Cable related problems, but not on the actual Computer System problems...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Error while spooling to by Denny Conway (12/2/04 4:25 PM) reply + / -
Averil: Spooling is basically the process of print jobs being loaded into your computers internal PRINTER QUE, so that those print jobs can then be sent to your printer for processing...Try running an "Internal Self-Test Page", directly from your printer, while its not connected to your Computer System. If that self-test page prints out normally and looks ok, then your problem is normally in your actual Computer System, rather than your printer. In that case you would normally need help from a Computer Technician/Person, rather than a Printer Technician, on this Printer Repair Site. However, if the self-test page also comes out blank, then at least you would know that either your cartridges are failing, or your Printheads are clogged or failing. If the self-test page does come out blank, let us know and we can give you some additional information...HOW TO RUN A STAND ALONE PRINTER TEST: On most Epson Printers you can usually run an "Internal Epson Self-Test Page" to determine whether a problem comes from the printer itself or possibly from your Computer System. Of course if there are actually any Red Error Lights/Leds, already showing on your printer, that would indicate that there is already a problem in your printer. Not all Epson Printers are always the same, but the following information applies to most models. If this self-test does not actually work on your particular printer, then you should refer to your "User's Manual/Owners Manual" for the correct procedure on how to run your printers self-test page. First unhook/unplug the printer cable from the back or side of the printer. Leave the power cord still plugged in to the wall and leave the paper loaded, as normal. Turn the printer off for 10 seconds or so, to clear out any remaining DATA or Information that may still have been in the printers system, from when the computer was previously connected. Normally [on most models] you turn the printer off and then you simply reach over and hold-in on the Paper Button, while you reach over and turn the Power Button back on, as normal. Continue to hold in on the paper button for about 3 to 5 seconds, but release the power button after turning your printer on. Release the paper button once you can hear and see the printer starting to initialize and start to pull-in a piece of paper. The printer will normally print out the Internal Epson Self-Test Copy, which will also have a Nozzle Test on it. If that test fails, or cannot actually be ran because the "Red Error Lights" come on, then you know that there is an actual problem in the printer. Depending on the combination of which lights are on SOLID, or FLASHING or OFF, will actually indicate the possible Service Error Condition. ON THE OTHER HAND: If everything is working correctly in the printers Paper Feed Assembly, Carriage Assembly/Cartridge Assembly and the Printhead Assembly, then the self-test copy should be printed out and correctly fed thru the printer. If the self-test page prints out correctly and the nozzle test looks ok, then that indicates that your printer thinks it is working normally [as far as the self-test goes]. This does not mean your printer may not be dirty, or have another service related problem, or possibly even nearly empty ink cartridges. If your printer is working ok, then your problem could be in your Computer System/PC: bad drivers, bad printer cable, bad software, incorrect internal PC settings, possible hardware/parts problems, possible virus, etc...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Error while spooling to by Denny Conway (12/2/04 4:30 PM) reply + / -
Ray: See the reply that I sent to AVERIL, on how [and why] you can run an "Internal Epson Self-Test Page", directly from your printer, when its not actually connected to your Computer System...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Error while spooling to by Anonymous (12/3/04 11:34 AM) reply + / -
Error while spooling to "". Unable to start the spool Manager.
Test page with paper feed and on button held down. If prints then:
1. Contral panel-Add Remove- all Epson Printer files
2. delete all epsp files from C:/Windows and C:/Windows/System. (May be bad.)
3. Restart
Then:
1. Insert the Windows 98 CD-ROM into the CDROM DRIVE. 2. Click on START, SETTINGS, PRINTERS. 3. Double click on ADD PRINTER. 4. Click NEXT until you reach the window that lists all printer manufacturers and models. 5. Without selecting any specific models, click on the HAVE DISK button. 6. This should open the INSTALL FROM DISK prompt. 7. In the COPY MANUFACTURER'S FILES FROM field, browse to our type the following path: ?:\DRIVERS\PRINTERS\EPSON\STYLS600 Epson Stylus Color 600 NOTE: Replace ? with the CD-ROM drive letter designation. 8. The ADD PRINTER WIZARD should now list the printer model you are installing. Highlight it, then select NEXT. 9. Select the desired port (ie: LPT1), then click on NEXT. 10. The next prompt should list the name of the printer, and ask if you would like to set this as the default printer. Select YES, then click on NEXT. 11. The last prompt should ask you if you would like to print a test page. Click on NO, then FINISH. 12. Windows 98 will now copy the necessary files to the hard drive. 13. Once complete, please close out of any open windows, and try to print.

Re: Error while spooling to by LWhit (12/15/04 2:35 PM) reply + / -
I have an Epson 600, running Windows ME and Norton antivirus. All was well for over 3 years until just recently getting error, "Error while spooling to "". Unable to start the spool Manager" and no printouts! I used the steps posted by Anonymous on 12/03/2004 and it's working!! Many many thanks... I have probably been working on this problem for two weeks now and 30 hours invested.

Re: Error while spooling to by hayop30 (3/22/06 8:58 PM) reply + / -
go into add remove programs and delete the new.net domain. this will solve your problem. any donations will be greatly appreciated

Re: Error while spooling to by june rogers (4/23/06 2:42 AM) reply + / -
i have just added a epson c62 printer to my computer it printed out one picture then when i tried to print again it came up with spool not running tried to uninstall printer but could not as it said the same thing can anyone help me thankyou

Re: Error while spooling to by koko123 (6/11/11 11:18 AM) reply + / -
epson stylus t13 orginal software cd is lose.from online,free download driver sotware and install my com,but spooler service not running.why?what do?

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters