fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

79 error on HP5

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

79 error on HP5 by Danny (10/13/00 11:18 AM) reply + / -
HP Laserjet 5's on the network are getting this. If disconnected, printers work fine. Have gotten to the point where I can remove the NIC and install on another network printer(HP4), and all is well. So, the printer works, the NIC works, but not together on the network. What can be causing this on the network with this specific model of printer? Codes: 12BF, 9208

Re: 79 error on HP5 by moe (10/14/00 12:11 PM) reply + / -
Just curious, did the 5s ever work on the network? If they did, can you recall anything that you did, like upgrading something that might have caused this? We have a network tutorial on our troubleshooting page. I also saw that someone gave you a url to HP's site on one of the ngs. Did that help any? These kind of problems are really hard to troubleshoot by message board. You actually have to be there.

Re: 79 error on HP5 by Danny (10/15/00 8:00 AM) reply + / -
This just started happening on 3 printers on the network. Before they were fine. I've asked the Network Administrator if anything changed, and, to his recollection the answer was no, but I can't be sure. All I know is that the servers were physically moved into a new rack. I have been on HP's site. That was the first thing I did.

Re: 79 error on HP5 by Ralph (10/23/00 8:31 AM) reply+5 + / -
I'm also interested i the service code 9208 as it has started appearing intermitantly on my system. At some point over the weekend our PDC/print server PSU burnt out, when replaced the 5Si/MX now displays the error message 79 service (9208). Is there anywhere I can find out what the service code is.

Re: 79 error on HP5 by Ralph (10/23/00 8:32 AM) reply + / -
I'm also interested i the service code 9208 as it has started appearing intermitantly on my system. At some point over the weekend our PDC/print server PSU burnt out, when replaced the 5Si/MX now displays the error message 79 service (9208). Is there anywhere I can find out what the service code is.

Re: 79 error on HP5 by Alex Caballero (3/19/01 12:47 PM) reply + / -
Has anybody found the problem with the 79 9208 error? I have three printers (Hp 5si) that just started getting this error.

Re: 79 error on HP5 by Stuart Elflett (3/19/01 4:02 PM) reply+2 + / -
There are a stack of service notes relating to 79 errors on the 5Si - not so many for the HP 5 - but generally if it's not a fatal formatter problem it tends to relate to revision incompatability... new drivers not being compatible with older boards, etc... There are sometimes configuration clashes that will cause a machine that has worked on a network to stop working, but more often it's an enthusiastic network manager upgrading something that then causes a clash - as Moe suggests, these kind of problems are much better solved in the flesh than over a phone or by messages...As you have clear error codes, I would suggest contacting HP for known information - their support people have access to the latest service notes, and if you can find someone who will bother to look they can be a good source of information - try the 'contact HP' link from their web site, www.hp.com...Good Luck,Stuart ElflettEasy Parts-------------------- stuart@easyparts.comhttp://members.nbci.com/stuarte/service.html--------------------

Re: 79 error on HP5 by JerryMB (3/28/07 6:42 AM) reply + / -
hi guys i am getting a 79.060D error on a 5si that i am testing, looked at the error log print out and i see that its a reacuring problem, under the personality or jam cause i get "PCL", i am thinking formatter, what are your thoughts? also the customer says that they get a orange light and then they have to unplug the outboard EIO unit to reset, this 79 code started at 8721 pages, and the printer is now at 62275 pages, the last 79 was at 59621 pages, this is the first time we have seen this customers printer JerryMB

Re: 79 error on HP5 by dmzcompute (3/28/07 6:39 PM) reply + / -
Try changing to a postscript driver if the printer has postscript installed. If not try the 4SI driver to see if that eliminates the error. Also possible a particular application is causing the issue where it confuses the formatter. Since it is an occasional issue I would not think the formatter has an issue and would concentrate on the other possiblilities.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters