fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Epson Printer not printing

Post a new message thread

Epson Printer not printing by S. Gandelman (4/4/03 8:25 AM) + / -
This is the second time the printer has stopped printing. We did something with the help of a technician over the phone and the printer worked fine until it stopped again. Now no matter who has tried to see what was wrong could. This morning we switched to AOL Broadband and asked the technician if he knew what was wrong and even he couldn't do anyathing. This printer (and Dell computer) will be a year old in July.

PLEASE HELP.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Denny Conway (4/4/03 10:46 AM) +2 + / -
S.GANDELMAN: WHAT MODEL OF EPSON PRINTER DO YOU HAVE?...As an "Epson Authorized Dealer", I'm limited to how much help I'm legally allowed to give. I try to help when I can, but I need a little more information from you. Sorry, but there's lots of POSSIBLE PROBLEMS and SOLUTIONS available and I don't really know enough about your actual problem to even be able to help yet...Most of the problems people have are caused by something they did, or did not do and are not always the printers fault...SEE IF ANY OF THIS INFO APPLIES TO YOU AND YOUR PRINTER AND THEN LET ME KNOW THRU THIS "PRINTER REPAIR SITE", AS I DON'T ANSWER E-MAIL REQUESTS...THE FOLLOWING APPLIES TO MOST OF THE EPSON INK JET STYLE PRINTERS...GENERAL PRINTER RELATED QUESTIONS: Did this problem just suddenly start up, or did it start after installing new cartridges, or after a bad jam?...Have you had to FORCEFULLY yank out/pull out any bad jams recently?...Have you unhooked your printer cable from your printer and tried just running your printer as a STAND ALONE PRINTER?...Do you use Epson cartridges?...Do you refill your own cartridges, or have someone refill them?...Do you use "Generic Ink", or "Third Party Ink" cartridges [non Epson]?...Is both black and color not working, or does only one work?...Are you getting any "error messages" listed on your monitor, from your printer?...Are there any other "error led's" flashing, or solid, on your printer itself [some models don't have led's/buttons]?...Was your printer making any unusual noises prior to the previous problem?...Did you recently change brands of ink that you use in your printer?...Have you tried to use any printhead cleaning solutions/methods, other than an actual "cleaning cartridge"?...Was your Epson Printer plugged-in and turned-on when you removed and reinstalled the same cartridge?...Do you use the printers on/off switch to power off your printer, or do you happen to use the on/off switch on your "surge suppressor"/"power strip" instead?...Did you happen to install a NEW CARTRIDGE into an Epson Printer when the power was turned off, even if there was no "Ink Error Light" on?...Do you keep your printer turned off and covered up when your not using it?...You ever go several months without making a copy on your Epson Printer, or maybe not using the color ink?...AGAIN, LOTS OF POSSIBILITIES. You may have a SOFTWARE PROBLEM [on your PC], CORRUPTED DRIVERS, FAILING PRINTER CABLE, BAD SUPPLIES, or even PRINTER PROBLEMS...See if you can answer these questions and give me more information to go on. If you let me know more thru this "printer repair site", I will help you further if I can...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Harriet Crafts (6/11/03 12:13 PM) + / -
I installed new Epson black/color cartridges into my Epson Stylus Color 740. I bought a ream of Staples multipurpose paper (90 bright/20 lb.) When the printer is ready to print, the top piece of paper slides down about 3 inches and then stops, but the printer keeps running. Other times it DOES print, but, as the paper starts to slide down, it appears to pull to the left. And other times it slides down all the way, but comes out with inky lines at the top of the page and no printed words appear! Am I frustrated? Yup. Thanks for any hints and/or solutions.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Denny Conway (6/11/03 4:22 PM) + / -
Harriet: As an "Epson Authorized Service Dealer", there's only so much information and help that I can legally give. There's of course no way for me to actually know whats wrong with your printer. It's possible that you may have an actual HARDWARE PROBLEM [parts problem]and its also possible your printer is dirty and thats causing different problems...TECH NOTE: YOU MIGHT HAVE MORE THAN ONE AREA CAUSING YOUR PRINTERS "PROBLEMS". THE ONLY WAY TO FIND OUT, IS TO ELIMINATE POSSIBLE PROBLEM AREAS...Start with your paper feeding problem first. If you can't get paper to feed correctly, you will have trouble tring to identify possible other problems. It sounds like the paper may be running into a possible foreign object and stalling or feeding crooked. Remove all the paper and use a flashlight to look carefully into the paper feed-in area. Look for a pen, pencil, push pin, paper clip, candy, etc. If you can't see anything, then actually pick your printer up and turn it upside down and shake it a little. Your trying to dislodge anything that might be stuck in the paper entrance area. If nothing falls out, then turn it back over and use the flashlight to once again look inside that area. sometimes you'll see an object that may have moved over into view while you were shaking the printer...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Epson Printer not printing by sachin (7/15/03 10:48 PM) +1 + / -
Hello! this is Sachin here,
i m getting the problem that i m having 6 computers where i have installed EPSON LQ 1050+
printers. 3 are connected and the rest 3 are on sharing. The problem started recently one week before that when i m installing EPSON LQ 1050+ on any one of this six computers and after that if i give print it doesn't take the print and the error i get is "PRINTER IS OFFLINE PLEASE TURNED PRINTER ON." even though printer is on it give this message or on another computer it gives the error "INCREASE YOUR TIMEOUT SECONDS." I have formatted the computer and reinstall again but the problem is not yet solved. if i give print command from "DOS" it takes the print out i get print out from DOS it means that the printer port must be ok. but from windows it doesn't take. if i take print out from my system with the same printer i get the print out from DOS as well as WINDOWS. it means that printer is also working fine then what is the problem i can't understand. pls give me the solution asap so that i can resolve in my office. its very urgent.
Eagerly waiting for your reply

Thanx

sachin

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Denny Conway (7/16/03 11:01 AM) + / -
Sachin: As an "Epson Authorized Service Dealer", there's only so much information and help that I can legally give. Unfortunatly I cannot really help you, because I don't think you have a problem in your printer. It sounds like your problem is actually in your PC or Computer System. Possibly in your computers software, or in the internal settings inside your computer. I only work on the printers and you may need a computer trained technician. As this is a PRINTER REPAIR SITE, you may not find the help you really need. I do hope that someone that reads your message, knows about computer settings and problems and can help you further. If not, you might want to search for a computer repair site, for possible help...Just in case you want to be sure its not your printer, you can run a STAND ALONE PRINTER TEST, with your printer not connected to your PC or Computer System. Unhook the "printer cable" from the back of the printer. The power cord would still be plugged in to the wall and paper would be loaded normally. Turn the printer off for 10 seconds or so, to clear out any remaining DATA or INFORMATION that may still have been in the printers system, from when the PC was previously connected. Now reach over and turn the printer on as normal. The printer should come on and go to a normal READY CONDITION, with no ERROR LIGHTS on. If you get an ERROR LIGHT on, then you know you have a problem in your printer. If there are no ERROR LIGHTS on, then reach over and turn the printer off again. You will now have to refer to your USERS MANUAL/OWNERS MANUAL for available "Internal EpsonSelf-Tests" that can be ran on your model of printer. Normally, you would hold-in on the button that is listed in your USERS MANUAL/OWNERS MANUAL and then reach over and turn the power button on, as you normally would. The printer will normally print out an "Internal Epson Self-Test Copy" and the self-test copy should be correctly fed thru the printer...AS A GENERAL RULE: If the self-test page prints out correctly, then usually your printer is working normally. This does not mean your printer may not be dirty, or have another service related problem, or even a bad ribbon cartridge. It just means the printer is basically working normally as far as the internal tests go. You could run this self-test several times [just be sure], but usually if it works once it will do the same again. If your printer is working ok, then your problem could be in your PC. Again I'm sorry, but as I don't work on PC's, so I can't help you with those type of problems. You may need to get help from a Computer Technician, if you do determine that your possible problem may be in your PC or System...If the internal self-test does not print out normally, then you can assume the problem is in your printer. If the test fails, then it normally would indicate a possible problem in your printers "main board assembly" [PCB], "printhead assembly", or a related electrical hardware type problem...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Epson Printer not printing by FMENAROBER (7/21/03 8:55 AM) + / -
EPSON PRINTER 1500 ACTIN LASER , PRINTS TOO LIGHT,
HAS INK.
WHAT TO DO -TO CORRECT THIS PROBBLEM ON MY OWN

Re: Epson Printer not printing by FMENAROBER (7/21/03 8:59 AM) + / -
EPSON PRINTER 1500 ACTIN LASER , PRINTS TOO LIGHT,
HAS INK.
WHAT TO DO -TO CORRECT THIS PROBBLEM ON MY OWN

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Denny Conway (7/21/03 11:37 AM) + / -
FMENAROBER: As an "Epson Authorized Service Dealer", there's only so much information and help that I can legally give. There's of course no way for me to actually know whats wrong with your printer. It's possible that you may even have an actual HARDWARE PROBLEM [parts problem or supply problem]. Because of the age of most of the Epson Action Laser Printers and the high cost of parts and consumables, I seldom actually see one in for repair. You would probably need a Service Manual for in-depth servicing or troubleshooting, but I doubt you could even find one available anymore. If you are using a refilled toner cartridge, that could even be your problem, as refilled toner can cause copy quality problems. Its even possible that the drum inside the "toner cartridge assembly" is going bad and not printing correctly. Its also possible that the "transfer roller", or "laser unit" is going bad, or are very dirty and causing problems...The most common problem is the "toner cartridge assembly". The price of a new toner cartridge unit is so expensive, that its generally not economical to replace...I'm sorry, I can't really help you, but I hope someone with more experience on the Action Laser 1500, replies to your message...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Denise (7/22/03 10:02 AM) +1 + / -
I'm using an Epson Stylus 800 printer. It has been printing just fine til today when I went to print something, it gave me a message that says printer is offline. If I choose the option of printing the job offline, it shows that it is printing but it doesn't. Would you have any idea of what the problem might be.
Thanks you for your time.
Best regards,
Denise

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Denny Conway (7/22/03 10:54 AM) + / -
Denise: As an "Epson Authorized Service Dealer", there's only so much information and help that I can legally give. There's of course no way for me to actually know whats wrong with your printer. It's possible that you may even have an actual HARDWARE PROBLEM [parts problem], or the problem may possibly be in your Computer System. The first thing you need to do, is to try and determine if the problem is actually in your printer or not. I would recommend that you try running your printer as a "STAND ALONE PRINTER", not connected to a PC/System: Unhook the "printer cable" from the back of the printer. The power cord would still be plugged in to the wall. With paper loaded normally, turn the printer off for 10 seconds, or so. This is done to clear out any remaining DATA or INFORMATION that may still have been in the printers system, from when the PC was previously connected. Now reach over and turn the printer on as normal. The printer should come on and go to a normal READY CONDITION, with no ERROR LIGHTS on. If you get an ERROR LIGHT on, then you know you have a problem in your printer. If there are no ERROR LIGHTS on, then reach over and turn the printer off again. Now hold-in on the "Paper Button" [the button with the picture of a piece of paper next to it] and reach over and turn the power button on, as normal. Continue to hold in on the paper button for about 3 to 5 seconds, but release the power button after turning your printer on. Release the paper button once you can hear and see the printer starting to initialize and start to pull-in a piece of paper. The printer will print out an "Internal Epson Self-Test Copy"...TECH NOTE: As printers very from model to model, you may want to refer to your printers User Manual/Owners Manual, for the exact way to run the "Epson Internal Self-Test", if this method did not work on your printer. Most models are simular to the process that I have described...If everything is working correctly in the printers "PAPER FEED ASSEMBLY" and "CARRIAGE/CARTRIDGE ASSEMBLY", the self-test copy should be printed out and correctly fed thru the printer...AS A GENERAL RULE: If the self-test page prints out correctly, then usually your printer is working normally. This does not mean your printer may not be dirty, or have another service related problem, or even bad cartridges. It just means the printer is basically working normally as far as the internal tests go. You could run this self-test several times [just be sure], but usually if it works once it will do the same again. If your printer is working ok, then your problem could be in your PC: bad drivers, bad printer cable, bad software, incorrect internal PC settings, possible hardware problems [parts problems], etc. I'm sorry, but I don't work on PC's, so I can't help you with those type problems. You may need to get help from a PC Tech if you determine your problem may be in your PC/System. If the self-test does not print out normally, then you can assume the problem is in your printer. Let me know how the stand alone test went and if I can help you further, I will try...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (7/23/03 11:27 PM) + / -
printer works but message does not appear on sheet,getting blank page

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Denny Conway (7/24/03 11:31 AM) + / -
Anonymous: Of course there's no way for me to know whats wrong with your printer, or what caused your problem or problems. Maybe your ink cartridges are actually empty or the printheads may be clogged. As you did not give me more info to go on, or even the model of your printer, I can only guess at what might be wrong...Most of the problems people have are caused by something they did, or did not do and are not always the printers fault...SOME EXAMPLES: Refilling your own cartridges, or having them refilled, buying third party ink [generic ink, non Epson ink], removing the ink cartridge and then reinstalling it, never cleaning and servicing your printer, not using your printer for long periods of time, or not turning your printer OFF & ON by using the printers ON/OFF Switch [using a main switch on a Power Strip or Surge Protector, can damage the printhead assembly]. No matter what anyone says, all blacks and colors are not the same. Thats why all companies patient the formulas for there inks. Generally if you are refilling your own cartridges, or having them refilled, or even using Generic Ink Cartridges [non Epson Ink Cartridges], you are using the wrong ink for your printer. Sooner or later you will have some type of problems, almost everyone does...If you happen to be using refilled cartridges, generic or third party ink cartridges [non-Epson ink cartridges] then its even worse on the printhead assemblies and they may have already been damaged by using the wrong ink. Its possible that you may not actually be able get the printhead assembly to work again. You might want to try using the "printhead cleaning kit", available through the home page on "fixyourownprinter.com" and see if you can get the printhead nozzles to open up again. Its around $10.00 and includes a syringe and the Epson Printhead Cleaning Solution, which is the best cleaning fluid to use, by far. This fluid is capable of disolving most clogs, especially if you use Epson inks. If it does not work, then its generally time to replace the printhead or the printer...REMEMBER: The "nozzles" inside the printhead assembly can be easily damaged by using to much force. Damage can even occur when you are using the correct cleaning method: the Epson Printhead Cleaning Solution and a Syringe, found in the "printhead cleaning kit" sold off the printer repair site. If you try to force the fluids thru the nozzle, the nozzles can be seriously damaged. The correct method is to use the syringe to add the fluid into the nozzle and then leave the fluids set inside the nozzle for several days, to try and dissolve a bad clog. Sometimes you might have to use the fluids several times to be able to disolve the clog in the printhead nozzles. Sometimes the clog will never disolve, or actually damages the nozzles. The longer the clog has been in, the worse it is to remove. If the cleaning fluids don't help, then its probably time to invest in a new printer. In some more expensive printers, you may want to get an estimate to replace the printhead assembly, but as a general rule, its not really economical to do...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Denny Conway (7/24/03 1:00 PM) + / -
PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!! Any knew problems on Epson Printers, start your own NEW POSTING on your own personal message board, rather than tack your problem onto someone else's message board...IT'S EASY: Just go to the "fixyourownprinter.com" web-site and under MESSAGE BOARD, click-on PRINTER REPAIR FORUM. The first page will open up; scroll down to bottom of the page; in the bottom left corner is "click here to post a new message". Now you can post your printers problem...When you get to many different problems posted on the first person's board, its hard to follow and hard to keep scrolling back to find a particular problem. It's possible no one may actually help you because they did not read the board you attached your problem to. Sometimes we may just assume that your information was just a reply to that origional posting by the first person on that board and not even read your message. REMEMBER: The best chance for help is when you open your own individual message board, listing your problem in as much detail as possible. Your chances of having someone help you, including me if I have the time, will normally be better...TECH NOTE: If you decide not to open your own message board, then don't be surprised if no one actually responds to your posted problem. After all, you did just attach your problem onto someone else's origional board...Thank You! & Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Epson Printer not printing by S JOHANSON (7/27/03 7:17 AM) + / -
I HAVE AN EPSONSTYLUS C42 PLUS,
WHEN I TRY TO PRINT ANYTHING THE PAPER JUST SLIDES THROUGH AND PRINTS NOTHING
IT WAS FINE UP UNTIL LAST THURSDAY
CAN ANYONE HELP ME?

Re: Epson Printer not printing by leila redding (7/31/03 2:40 PM) + / -
This is the second printer that I have had. I was getting reading to print and the screen showed that I needed to replace one of my ink cartages. It is just half full.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Denny Conway (7/31/03 4:18 PM) + / -
S Johanson: As an "Epson Authorized Service Dealer", there's only so much information and help that I can legally give. There's of course no way for me to actually know whats wrong with your printer. It's possible that you may even have an actual HARDWARE PROBLEM [parts problem]; you may have an empty or bad cartridge; its even possible that your "printhead assembly" may be clogged...You did not say if you actually tried running the "printhead cleaning cycles" and "nozzle tests" from your computer system, to try and get the cartridges and printheads to start printing again. Other than those tests, you might have to actually try installing new Epson Ink Cartridges. You may still need to run the "printhead cleaning cycles" and "nozzle tests" again. The only other thing I can suggest is to try using a "printhead cleaning kit". You might want to try using the "printhead cleaning kit", available through the home page on "fixyourownprinter.com" and see if you can get the printhead nozzles to open up again. Its around $10.00 and includes a syringe and the Epson Printhead Cleaning Solution, which is the best cleaning fluid to use, by far. This fluid is capable of disolving most clogs, especially if you use Epson inks. If it does not work, then its generally time to replace the printhead or the printer...If the cleaning fluids don't help, then there may be a worse problem and its probably time to invest in a new printer...TECH NOTE: Although the kit IS NOT designed for the "C" series printers or the NEWER SERIES of Epson Ink Jet Style Printers, the fluid and syringe can still be used the same way. The main difference is the instruction for the FELT PAD/CAP ASSEMBLY. The "C" series and newer printers, use a different style "cap assembly" that does not use a felt pad, so you have to ignore that portion of the instructions...Good Luck! Denny Conway...P.S. IF YOU WANT TO GET QUICKER HELP READ AN E-MAIL THAT I SENT TO YOU.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Denny Conway (7/31/03 4:59 PM) + / -
Leila: As an "Epson Authorized Service Dealer", there's only so much information and help that I can legally give. There's of course no way for me to actually know whats wrong with your printer. In this case, you did not even let us know what model of Epson Printer you actually have. It's possible that you may even have an actual HARDWARE PROBLEM [parts problem] in your printer. Its also possible that you have a CARTRIDGE PROBLEM. At any rate, if your printer thinks your cartridge is empty or bad, you really don't have much choice at this point, except to replace it. Once you have replaced the cartridge, you will be able to see if the INK ERROR CONDITION goes away. If you are not using NEW Epson Ink Cartridges, then that could possibly be the cause of your cartridge problem. Most of the problems people have are caused by something they did, or did not do and are not always the printers fault...SOME EXAMPLES: Refilling your own cartridges, or having them refilled, buying third party ink [generic ink, non Epson ink], removing the ink cartridge and then reinstalling it [on older Epson Printers], never cleaning and servicing your printer, not using your printer for long periods of time, or not turning your printer OFF & ON by using the printers ON/OFF Switch [using a main switch on a Power Strip or Surge Protector, can damage the printhead assembly]. No matter what anyone says, all blacks and colors are not the same. Thats why all companies patient the formulas for there inks. Generally if you are using non Epson Ink Cartridges, you are using the wrong ink for your printer. Sooner or later you will have some type of problems, almost everyone does...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (8/15/03 8:33 AM) + / -
balls

balls

balls

balls

balls

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (8/15/03 8:33 AM) -1 + / -
balls

balls

balls

balls

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (8/15/03 8:34 AM) + / -
balls

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (8/15/03 8:35 AM) + / -
balls

balls

balls

balls

balls

Re: Epson Printer not printing by James Walsh (8/21/03 11:09 PM) + / -
I have an Epson 1000 ICS all-in-one pinter. It worked fine for over a year until a few days ago. It will not feed paper into the printer. Have done a thorough search for foreign objects and found a strange white object underneath where the ink cartridge rests which is definately not paper. The error message is "Paper out or Misfeed..." I went to Epson support on the web but just got "Call Technical Support." The big problem with that is the warranty recently expired. What should I do?

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Denny Conway (8/22/03 10:06 AM) + / -
Lames: Unfortunatly I have never seen your particular Printer System and I'm not framilar with it. Basically you only have a few choices. You can take your Printer System to the "Authorized Epson Service Dealer" nearest to where you live for possible repairs. You can go on-line to epson.com and search for the nearest dealer to where you live...You can try to locate and then order a SERVICE MANUAL on-line, if one is available for your particular system and try to do the possible repairs yourself. It sounds like something is either jammed under your Printhead Assembly area or something is possibly out of position. It sounds like it may require disassembly to try and determine just whats wrong. With out a service manual to use for reference or as a guide, it may be a difficult job to do...You could of course also call Epson Technical Support at 1-562-276-1300 and see if they can be of any help. If your unit is out of warranty, you will normally need a credit card before the technician can talk to you. You will probably be charged for the help, even if they cannot actually help you fix your problem. Unfortunatly, this is usually standard from most large printer companies anymore...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Cherry (9/15/03 6:58 PM) + / -
My printer (Epson Stylus Photo 820) has stood unused for appx. a month. I tried printing and nothing is printed on the page even though it feeds thru fine. This is Black that won't print, but color prints on the page. I have put a new cartridge in and still the same. I've followed all the tricks that the computer prompted me to try and still nothing.
Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks, Cherry

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Denny Conway (9/16/03 9:46 AM) + / -
Cherry: Its possible that your black printhead assembly is simply just clogged. That would stop ink flow and of course printing in black, even with a new cartridge installed. Normally if you run 5 to 10 sets of "Printhead Cleaning Cycles" and "Nozzle Tests" that should open the nozzles back up. If not, then you would have to try a "Printhead Cleaning Kit" to try and open up the black nozzles. Remember that every cleaning cycle that you run, must be followed by a nozzle test, which is used as a point of reference for the next cleaning cycle ran. Refer to your Owners Manual/Users Manual if your not sure how to run the two tests, or go on-line to epson.com and do a general search for that information...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Epson Printer not printing by teejay (10/6/03 3:34 PM) + / -
hi my epson c20ux has given up. all it does is flash red light on green light off/red off green on, on screen message states return to dealer for maintenance , i think uneconomical to repair if psu or usb/controller pcb fault. i thought this fault may be similar to canon printer faults, where the eprom needs reseting but unable to sort it out...no paper jams, had new inks,,, thanks to any readers.teejay

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Denny Conway (10/7/03 12:57 PM) + / -
TeeJay: As an "Epson Authorized Service Dealer", there's only so much information and help that I can legally give. There's of course no way for me to actually know whats wrong with your printer. It's possible that you may even have an actual HARDWARE PROBLEM [parts problem]...GENERAL INFORMATION REGUARDING WHEN ALL LEDS/LIGHTS ARE BLINKING/FLASHING: If all the LED's/LIGHT's are BLINKING/FLASHING on an Epson Printer, that indicates "Maintenance Request Error". The "Maintenance Request Error" is actually a "Waste Ink Pad Overflow Error"... Normally your remedy is to replace the "Waste Ink Pad/Pads" with a new one/ones and then reset the "Internal Waste Ink Pad Counter". The waste ink pads are normally housed in a black plastic box. They are located in the bottom of the printer, towards the front, just under where the paper starts to exit. You would have to remove the "Top Cover Assembly" to be able to get to the screw or screws that hold that assembly in place. If you cannot figure out how to remove the waste ink pad holder assembly [plastic box], you may need to actually get a SERVICE MANUAL, to refer to that removal procedure. I'm sorry, but I'm limited by Epson and cannot supply any further disassembly instructions...You may want to try doing a general search on the "fixyourownprinter.com" printer repair site, under WASTE INK PADS or WASTE INK COUNTER RESET PROCEDURE. You should be able to find quite a few references listed in the last six months and most included web-site links, for possible help on the reset procedure...I know this information is not much help, but at least you will know what your ERROR is...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (10/12/03 2:48 PM) + / -
I INSTALLED A NEW EPSON BLACK INK CARTRIDGE
IN MY EPSON STYLUS COLOR II. IT HAD BEEN WORKING FINE UNTIL I INSTALLED THE NEW CARTRIDGE.

PAPER FLOW WORKS FINE, BUT IT STILL DOESN'T PRINT.

HELP!!!

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Denny Conway (10/13/03 9:51 AM) + / -
Anonymous: Just to let you know, I do not work for "fixyourownprinter.com" or even "Epson Company". I would guess that you either have a bad cartridge, or a clogged Printhead Assembly. If the old cartridge was out of the printhead holder assembly for more than 30 minutes, the nozzle may have already started to clog. At this point all you can do is to try running sets of "Printhead Cleaning Cycles" and "Nozzle Tests" to see if you can get the ink to start flowing again. If you cannot get the nozzles to open after 6 to 10 sets of tests, then you might want to try using the "printhead cleaning kit", available through the home page on "fixyourownprinter.com", to see if you can get the printhead nozzles to open up again. The KIT is around $10.00 plus shipping and it includes a syringe and some Epson Printhead Cleaning Solution. Epson fluid is designed to dissolve most clogs, especially if you use Epson inks. You can try it if you want to and see if you can get the printhead nozzles to open up again...REMEMBER: The "nozzles" inside the printhead assembly can be easily damaged by using to much force. Damage can even occur when you are using the printhead cleaning kit method, if you actually try to force the fluid thru the nozzle. Sometimes with too much force, the nozzles can be damaged. The correct method is to use the syringe to add the fluid into the nozzle and then leave the fluids set inside the nozzle for a couple of days, to try and dissolve a possible bad clog. Sometimes you might have to use the fluids several times to be able to disolve the clog in the printhead nozzles. Sometimes the clog will never disolve, or it actually damages the nozzles. The longer the clog has been in, the worse it is to remove. Again, if the cleaning fluids don't help, then its generally time to invest in a new printer. In some more expensive printers, you may want to get an estimate to replace the printhead assembly, but as a general rule, its not really economical to do in the small Epson Ink Jet style printers...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Fahid Qurashi (10/14/03 1:14 PM) + / -
I have recently tried to install my epson printer to no avail. When I insert the driver CD and install the software, I get a message telling me that my printer isn't switched on, yet when I check it everything is on and all the cables are in the right places. The installation stops here and I cannot install the printer. Any information would be appreciated gratefully. Thankyou

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Denny Conway (10/15/03 9:48 AM) + / -
Fahid: You did not mention just what model of Epson Printer that you have , or even if you are using a Parallel Printer Cable or a USB Cable to try and connect your printer to your Computer System. You do not have to actually have your Epson Printer connected to your Computer System, to be able to install the software. My guess would be that there may be something wrong in your Computer System, rather than your printer [such as internal settings or hardware problem]. On the other hand, you do not have to have your printer connected to your Computer to actually test it. I would recommend that you try running your printer as a Stand Alone Printer, not connected to a Computer System. Unhook the printer cable from the back of the printer, with the power cord still plugged in to the wall and paper loaded normally. Turn the printer off for 10 seconds or so, to clear out any remaining DATA or Information that may still have been in the printers system, from when the Computer was previously connected. Now reach over and turn the printer on as normal. The printer should come on and go to a normal Ready Condition, with no Error Lights on. If you get an Error Light on, then you know you have a problem in your printer. If there are no Error Lights on, then you want to run your printers "Internal Epson Self-Test Page", directly from the printer itself. As not all Epson Printers are always the same, you should refer to your User's Manual/Owners Manual for the correct procedure on how to run your printers Self-Test Page. Normally [on most models] you simply reach over and hold-in on the Paper Button, while you reach over and turn the Power Button back on, as normal. Continue to hold in on the paper button for about 3 to 5 seconds, but release the power button after turning your printer on. Release the paper button once you can hear and see the printer starting to initialize and start to pull-in a piece of paper. The printer will print out an Internal Epson Self-Test Copy, which will also have a "Nozzle Test" on it. If everything is working correctly in the printers Paper Feed Assembly and Carriage Assembly/Cartridge Assembly, the self-test copy should be printed out and correctly fed thru the printer...AS A GENERAL RULE: If the self-test page prints out correctly, then usually your printer is working normally. This does not mean your printer may not be dirty, or have another service related problem, or even bad cartridges. It just means the printer is basically working normally as far as the internal tests go. You could run this self-test several times [just be sure], but usually if it works once it will do the same again. If your printer is working ok, then your problem could be in your Computer System/PC: bad drivers, bad printer cable, bad software, incorrect internal PC settings, possible hardware problems [parts problems], etc. I'm sorry, but I don't really work on Computer Systems/PC's, so I can't help you with those type problems. Remember that this is actually a Printer Repair Site and you may need help from a Computer Technician, rather than a Printer Technician...If the self-test does not print out normally, then you can assume the problem is in your printer. Usually that would be a problem in the "Logic Board/Main Board Assembly" and unfortunatly, that is not normally economical to replace. You can usually buy a new printer cheaper, then having your old printer repaired...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Epson Printer not printing by DJ (10/27/03 4:16 PM) + / -
EPSON STYLUS C20UX - Put in new colour cartridge. 2 pages printed, then when I went to do some more printing I got the following message:- Parts inside your printer require maintenance or replacement. Contact your dealer.
Also, lights on printer continually flashing from green to red. Help! will I need to contact a dealer or can I try something else first. Manual is mislaid. thanks DJ

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Denny Conway (10/27/03 4:38 PM) + / -
DJ...THIS IS NORMALLY WHAT THAT ERROR CONDITION IS AND WHAT THAT MESSAGE MEANS: If all the Led's/Light's are Blinking/Flashing on an Epson Printer, that indicates "Maintenance Request Error". The maintenance request error is actually a "Waste Ink Pad Overflow Error". Normally your remedy is to replace the Waste Ink Pad/Pads with a new one/ones and then reset the INTERNAL WASTE INK PAD COUNTER...The need to replace the waste ink pads is measured by the amount of ink uses, which is determined based on the number of Head Drive Pulses, accumulated in the waste ink counter. When the total quantity of ink deposited onto the waste ink pads, during cleaning and flushing, reaches the set limit, the printer generates a maintenance request error and stops printing. If you just reset the counter and don't replace the pads, then your printers old pads will eventually overflow and normally start leaking ink out the bottom of your printer. I'm sorry, but as an Epson Authorized Service Dealer, there is only so much information and help that I can legally give and Epson will not allow their dealers to release that reset procedure...You may want to try doing a general search on the "fixyourownprinter.com" printer repair site, under WASTE INK PADS or WASTE INK COUNTER RESET PROCEDURE. You should be able to find quite a few references listed in the last six months and most included web-site links, for possible help on the reset procedure...I know this information is not much help, but at least you will know what your ERROR is...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Bette Lu Foster (3/4/05 12:44 PM) +1 + / -
I had a paper jam. After I removed the jammed paper it started to print and then made an awful noise and stopped printing. I saw that the foam piece had come loose from over the ink pads. Can this be replaced and if so who is an authorized repair dealer in the Tulsa,Broken Arrow, OK area?

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Denny Conway (3/8/05 12:27 PM) + / -
Bette Lu: Unfortunatly, you did not actually give us your Epson Printer's model number, so its harder to answer your question. As to your question, yes that part can usually be replaced, but the servicing that your printer may actually need, may not be economical to have done. Basicially, any printer under $100.00 is reguarded as being more or less disposable in the Printer World. It will usually cost you more to have it repaired, then to buy another inexpensive printer. Unfortunatly, its also starting to look like most printers under $150 are getting to be more or less disposable, as well. Its turned into a disposable world anymore, even if we don't agree with it or like it...To try and locate an Epson Authorized Service Dealer in your area, call the "Epson Sales & Service Locator" @ 1-800-922-8911 [press 1, then 2], or the Epson Automated Support Locator @ 1-800-442-2110 [press 1, then 2, then 2, then 1, then 1 & follow prompts], or you can call these telephone numbers off the Epson web-site, under "Contact Us": in the US & Canada, call (800.463.7766) or (800.GO.EPSON). ..Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Bebe (3/17/05 12:57 AM) + / -
Epson CX5200: My printer is printing blank pages ever since I changed the black ink from epson. I cleaned my nozzle numerous time and I even reinstalled the driver but nothing works. What should I do? I am thinking bought getting a new printer, which brand do you recommend?

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Denny Conway (3/17/05 2:19 PM) + / -
Bebe: If your printers red ink light is not actually on, but it still will not print in black or colors [even though your cartridges have ink in them], then its possible that you may have a different problem, which unfortunatly seems to be quite common on the CX5200 Printer. If there is no actual red ink light on and you were to do a search on this Printer Repair Site, you would see that you are not alone in your problem. I've read several posted messages on this Printer Repair Site on just that particular problem [new ink cartridges installed and now won't print at all]. I recommend that you do a general search on the "fixyourownprinter.com" printer repair site, under your CX5200 printer and then you can read about other peoples experiences, their advise and even what they have tried, sometimes successfully. It seems like most of the problems are not actually related to clogging, or even a bad or empty ink cartridge, but is usually more of a hardware/parts failure. It seems to happen most of the time, by just replacing the ink cartridges, or simply happens during normal use of the printer. You might want to check out the "Dura Brite Blank Output Information Page", for the "CX82", "CX5200" & "CX64/C84" models, at http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/duraink.html. The common problem found on some of the newer "C" & "CX" printers, is the tubing on the cap assembly becomes disconnected. The cap assembly can't clean the print head if the tube is detached. That information page may be of some help on your printers possible problem, if that tube has actually come off. I know this information does not really give you that much to go on, but I felt you should know about this common problem, just in case it happens to apply in your case...There is an "Epson CX5200 Disassembly Instruction Page", available to view at http://www.inkjetprinterhelp.us/cx52001.html , that may be of some help. There is also an "Epson CX5200 Error/Troubleshooting Page", available to view at http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/cx5200TS1.html , that may also be of some possible use. Other than that, you would probably need to try and locate an actual Service Manual, to buy and download for reference in disassembly, troubleshooting and servicing. I have not checked, but you can normally find Service Manuals for most printers, from 2manuals.com, at http://www.2manuals.com (most Service Manuals can usually be downloaded for around $10 +/- ). If that source is not available, then I would recommend that you go to the "Compass Micro Inc" web-site, at http://www.compassmicro.com/parts_select.cfm and check with them directly, to see if they have a Service Manual or Reset Procedure available yet for your printer. Several people have posted that they have manuals available for the newer printers, that are not actually available from other normal sources. I HAVE NOT CHECKED ON ANY PARTICULAR PRINTER MODELS, BUT HERE ARE SOME OTHER WEB-SITES THAT YOU CAN CHECK WITH FOR SERVICE MANUALS: You will have to check the following web-sites for availability [some may be able to order or locate Service manuals for you] and pricing: http://www.manuals4you.com , http://www.sm.copyprofi.net/index.htm , http://www.servicemanuals.net/(qxdgvu55gnxp1r55phmu5d45)/default.aspx , http://www.docteurtech.com/CAN-Import/can-import.html , or http://www.user-service-manuals.com/epson-service-manuals.htm ...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Cora Stephen (3/22/05 4:17 PM) + / -
I have an Epson Stylus Photo 700 printer connected to a new computer with Windows XP Operating System. When I tried to print I got a message that my printer was not compatible with Windows XP. I downloaded and installed another driver but I don't know how to get it into the printer program. I'm still getting the error message that the computer could not start printing of page (error 6). Can someone advise me as to what is the next step after the updated driver is installed - how do I update the program?

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Denny Conway (3/22/05 5:23 PM) + / -
Cora: Rather than trying to actually download the printer driver for your printer, you might want to actually check and see if its already loaded onto your Windows XP Operating System. Most of the older printer drivers are automatically included with the XP Operating System. So its quite possible that there are Epson Stylus Photo 700 printer drivers already loaded onto your XP Operating system. HOW TO CHECK FOR THOSE DRIVERS: On your Computers Desktop, click-on START and scroll up to SETTINGS and over to PRINTERS & FAXES and click-on it. Under Printers & Faxes Utility, in top left corner area, click-on ADD A PRINTER. Click NEXT 3 times on the next 3 pages. Under MANUFACTOR, on left side of page, Highlight HP by clicking on it once. Under PRINTERS, on right side of page, scroll down and look for "EPSON Stylus Photo 700" and click once to highlight it, if its actually there. Down in lower right corner of same page, click-on NEXT. Read the information, follow the prompts [usually "next"] and install the pre-loaded drivers for your printer, if they are actually already included on your XP Operating System...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (3/23/05 12:14 PM) + / -
Denny: Thank you for your reply. I followed your instructions but my printer is not listed on the XP Operating System. My Computer system won't let me reinstall the printer-it says my printer is not compatible. I looked for an Epson Stylus Photo driver on the internet but was unsuccessful. I did find a driver yesterday which I installed - Epson Driver 10675; however, I am not sure it is for the Photo 700 printer. Where can I find the correct driver?

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Denny Conway (3/23/05 12:33 PM) + / -
Cora: Unfortunatly, its up to the manufactor to produce printer drivers and usually any available patchs for their printer drivers. Most major manufactors decided not to actually make Win's XP Drivers for many of their older printer lines. They felt there were not enough of the older models still around, to make it economical to produce the new XP drivers. So, if its not actually available thru Epson Company and also not available over the internet, you are probably out of luck. The only thing you can actually try, is downloading the "Windows 2000 printer Drivers" and see if those will work with your printer, on your Win's XP Operating System. You can go to the "Epson Drivers & Downloads" web-site for your Epson Stylus Photo 700, at http://www.epson.com and see those available Windows 2000 printer drivers. You can also download the "Status Monitor 2 v2.5bE" drivers at that same site, that actually state they will actually work on Windows XP. When XP first came out, several people reported that some of the older printers would still work on their XP Operating System, using Win's 2000 printer drivers, but you will simply have to try it yourself, to see if it will actually work or not. If not, then it may be time to actually buy a new printer that will actually work on Windows XP...Denny Conway

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Ricky (4/11/05 2:49 PM) + / -
Hello,
I have an Epson CX3650, and I'm looking for a program to reset the internal Eprom of the printer because of it has reached the maximum number of printing pages.
I have installed SSC Service utility but it doesn't work with the Epson CX3650.
Can somebody help me?
Thanks in advance

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Denny Conway (4/11/05 4:06 PM) + / -
Ricky: Unfortunatly, that "SSC Service Utility" does not work on all Epson Printers and not on all Operating Systems and sometimes will not even work on actually listed printer models, so you will have to check it out for yourself. Just in case that source does not work: You may actually need to go on-line to try and locate a "SERVICE MANUAL" and or the actual "RESET PROCEDURE", to buy and download for reference in disassembly, troubleshooting and servicing. I have not checked, but you can normally find Service Manuals & Reset Procedures for most Epson Printers, from "Manuals 4 You" at http://www.manuals4you.com . http://www.2manuals.com/index.php?cPath=2_18 ...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Denny Conway (4/11/05 4:09 PM) + / -
Ricky...Just to let you know: Simply resetting that "Maintenance Request Error", is only doing part of the job and its possible that you could have additional problems later. The maintenance request error is actually a "Waste Ink Ink Pad Error" and usually your remedy is to replace the waste ink pad/pads with a new one/ones and then reset the "Internal Waste Ink Pad Counter", which of course you already did. If you just reset the counter and don't replace the pads, then your printers old pads will eventually overflow and normally start leaking ink out the bottom of your printer. You can see "Exploded Parts Diagrams" of most Epson Ink Jet Printers and can also check on possible parts ordering, by Compass Micro Inc, at http://www.compassmicro.com/parts_select.cfm . Some people actually wash the ink out of the old pads, by holding them under running cold water. Then they simply dry them out and reinstall them back into their printer. The choice on what to actually do, is yours to make. I would at least recommend getting that Waste Ink Counter reset procedure and performing it first, to make sure your printer will then work...Denny Conway

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Danny Lam (4/11/05 6:57 PM) + / -
Ugh !!! I have a windows XP, my printer is an Epson Stylus Pro 7500 -- my dad is Chinese and he works at a photoshop so I have to type down the things for him. Anyhow -- whenever we want to print something at Adobe Photoshop we look at the printing properties before we print -- the printing properties say that they do not have any ink in them when we print -- BUT the problem is not that simple !! we DO have ink in them and sometimes when i restart my computer we see that the ink sometimes returns back to normal. Stil even when we dont or do have ink the printer wont print !!!My computer just sit's there and says that its waiting to print..i checked everything possibly that i can with my computer and it says that the printer stats are fine. Im starting to think that it may be a failing USB cord... SOMETIMES the printer actually prints...( apparently I "deleted" something in which i REALLY doubt since i was just cleaning out some games i didnt need.)maybe there is something that I missed ? we really need this printer to work and i hope that you can give me some advice.. Also i think that i need a driver for XP's for my PRo 7500 -- could you link me to it ?

Re: Epson Printer not printing by beardog (4/12/05 7:57 AM) + / -
Hi all! What to do for a hardware problem? My espon stylus c84 was working fine, then flashed "out of ink" for one color - it took about two weeks for me to replace it. Then printer, on black, had serious "banding" and needed ink for other colors. I replaced ALL the cartridges, cleaned the print head nozzles several times, and now IT WON"T PRINT AT ALL - can't even get a test page when it's not connected to the computer. of course, it's just one month out of warrenty and I hate to pay 9.95 to talk to Epson tech who probably won't be able to help me. Any advice will be appreciated - thanks.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Denny Conway (4/12/05 9:39 AM) + / -
beardog...Here's the most common problem: You might want to check out the "Dura Brite Blank Output Information Page", at http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/duraink.html . It seems like most of the problems are not actually related to clogging, or even a bad or empty ink cartridge, but is usually more of a Hardware/Parts Failure, but no way for me to really know. The most common failure seems to happen most of the time, just by simply repacing the ink cartridges, or simply happens during normal use of the printer. The most common problem found on some of the newer "C" & "CX" printers, is the tubing on the cap assembly becomes disconnected. The cap assembly can't clean the print head if the tube is detached. That information page may be of some help on your printers possible problem, if that tube has actually come off. I know this information does not really give you that much to go on, but I felt you should know about other peoples reports, just in case it happens to apply in your case...There is an "EPSON C64/C84 Disassembly Instructions Page", that you can view at http://www.inkjetprinterhelp.us/c648.html , that may be of some possible help. There is also a free download of an "Epson Stylus Color C63/C64/C83/C84 Service Manual", from fixyourownprinter.com, at http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/reference/manuals/public/epson . That manual may be of some help as reference in disassembly, troubleshooting and servicing of your printer...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (5/5/05 10:50 AM) + / -
My printer is not printing the correct information. Im tryining to print my refrence out, but it seems to be printing out different websites and old emails.I don't understand why its doing this I have never had problems before.Someone please help

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Denny Conway (5/5/05 11:31 AM) + / -
Anonymous: Although you did not actually tell us your epson printers model number, that type of problem is not usually an actual problem in your printer. As your printer simply receives is commands in the form of DATA thru the printer cable, its most likely an actual problem in your computer system. As lond as your printer is actually printing out the data that is being sent to it, then its probably working ok. You might want to delete your printer off your computer and then go on-line and download the latest available drivers from the Epson Home Page at http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/index.jsp . As drivers are FREE, I usually recommend trying those first if you have a possible communication problem. Bad or corrupted drivers can cause many problems. DEINSTALL [remove] your old printers first and then go to the epson.com web-site. Click-on your particular area, where you live [example: USA]. Then click-on DRIVERS AND SUPPORT and then click-on your particular type of Epson Printer [example: INKJET]. Look under the Ink Jet Printers for your "Epson Stylus Color ___" and click-on it. Once the DRIVERS & DOWNLOAD PAGE opens, read the INFORMATION to locate your particular SYSTEM [Win's 95,98,ME,2000.etc.] and then click-on it. Follow the directions and read all the available information concerning your systems driver downloads. Finally at the bottom of the page, click-on "Printer Software Installation for Windows ___ [Epson Printers]", or the "Download" option button. After the downloading utility opens, read the download information available, make your choices and complete the installation...If installing new drivers does not actually help, then you may need to get help from a computer technician/person, rather than an actual printer technician, on this Printer Repair Site. Generally speaking, we work on the actual printer problems, printer cable problems and printer driver related problems, but not on the actual computer system related problems, on this fixyourownprinter repair site. I do hope someone else reads your posted message, that may be able to help you further...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (5/8/05 1:07 PM) + / -
Hi Denny My Name is Sassi I don't like to give out my real name just reasons well anyway my printer isn't printing at all i didn't do anything to it i just went to print one day and it didn't work i mean it comes on and everything but it doesn't do anything when i go to print like a text page or anything please respond i am in desperate need of help.

Thank You

Sassifire21

Re: Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (5/9/05 7:03 AM) + / -
Thanx for your suggestions. I was never able to get my Epson printer(Photo 700) to print with Windows XP, even after downloading and installing the Windows 2000 driver and the Status Monitor 2v2.5bE. Nothing seemed to work so I had to purchase another printer. Since my computer is a Hewlett Packard I purchased an HP printer. I have another computer with Windows 98 and plan to use the Epson Printer with that computer. Thanx for your help.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Denny Conway (5/9/05 10:46 AM) + / -
Sassi...Just to let you know: We normally need the model of your epson printer, to be able to try and help you . In this case, we also need to know if your printer is actually going thru the motions of printing and if a piece of paper simply comes thru with no ink printed out on that page...IF SO: It's of course possible that you may even have an actual hardware/parts problem, such as a failing print head assembly. Its even possible that you could have a bad or failing ink cartridge [even if its new], especially if its a refilled or non-epson ink cartridge]. However, normally the most common problem is clogging of the print head nozzles, especially if you were actually using non-epson ink cartridges. You might want to try using the "Epson Stylus Head Cleaning Solution", available through fixyourownprinter.com, at http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/kits/epson . However, that solution will only help, if there is an actual clogged print head assembly. When it opens, click-on epson stylus head cleaning solution thats listed for your particular printer. The epson solution sells for around $10.00 plus shipping. It includes a syringe and some epson print head cleaning solution, which is designed to dissolve most clogs, especially if you were using epson inks. This is the same chemical used by epson in their service department. You can try it if you want to and see if you can get the print head nozzles to open up again. That solution was basically designed by epson company for use on their older models of ink jet printers, but people have been using it on the newer models, with success reported. IF YOU DECIDE TO, TRY THE "EPSON STYLUS HEAD CLEANING SOLUTION", JUST REMEMBER: The nozzles inside the print head assembly can be easily damaged by using to much force on the plunger of the syringe. Damage can even occur when you are using the epson stylus head cleaning solution method, if you actually try to force the fluid thru the nozzle. To much force/pressure can damage the little tubes inside the nozzle assembly and then it will never work again. One individual print head nozzle is so tiny, that it will not accept a human hair. You can see why they can get clogged so easily, or even why the nozzles can be so easily damaged. The correct method is to use the syringe to add the fluid into the nozzle and then leave the fluids set inside the nozzle for a day or two, to try and dissolve a possible bad clog. If you remove the Top Cover Assembly, then you can leave the print head assembly parked in its normal home position, at the far right side. Then any ink & fluids that are purged during the cleaning, will normally travel thru the cleaning station hoses, to the waste ink pads. If you have the "Print Cartridge Holder Assembly", positioned away from the home position, then you will need to slide strips of paper towels or coffee filters under that assembly, to soak up any expelled ink and fluids, or it can get all over. Sometimes you might have to use the fluids several times to be able to dissolve the clog in the print head nozzles. Sometimes the clog will never dissolve, or it actually damages the nozzles. The longer the clog has been in, the worse it is to remove. Again, if the cleaning fluids don't help, then its generally time to invest in a new printer. In some more expensive printers, you may want to get an estimate to replace the print head assembly, but as a general rule, its not really economical to do in the smaller epson ink jet style printers. You can generally buy a new small printer cheaper than you can have your old one repaired for. EXAMPLE: The print head assembly in the "C80" Printer sells for around $120 to $130. There is a REVIEW of the "Print Head Cleaning Solution", as well as general "Print Head Cleaning Instructions", that is available to view at http://www.inkjetprinterhelp.us/EKR.html ...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Epson Action Laser 1500 communication problem by Anonymous (5/9/05 12:53 PM) + / -
Hi,

My Action Laser 1500 seems to print fine, but there is a communication problem with the computer--the printer isn't getting the commands sent from the computer. I've tried the c prompt print screen test recommended in the User's Guide, and I'm using a parallel port. Is there a set-up command sequence that I should try, or should I try switching to a serial cable just in case the parallel connector is bad? I'm running windows XP Home on my laptop and have already switched cables to make sure it wasn't a bad cable. Thanks!

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (5/9/05 1:21 PM) + / -
Print a _Status Sheet_ and look at the "I/F" line. This will list the current setting for the interface, either parallel or serial. Set the interface, I/F, accordingly.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Epson Sucks (5/9/05 3:36 PM) + / -
Do not buy an Epson printer. If you are "lucky" enough to find an Epson that actually works then go out and buy a lottery ticket 'cause you would be one lucky SOB.

Should I have to pay $35 + per cartridge with a printer that drinks ink and requires cleaning everytime I try and print? Nevermind that the cleaning never fixes the problem. And that cleaning process? c'mon... its a clever way to sell more cartridges.

I wouldn't be suprised to see a class action lawsuit against Epson for selling chronically defective products. I would definitely sign up for that one.

Our office has 3 Epsons and I have one at home... and ALL of them have problems. Hey EPSON... get a clue! Your damn printers don't work worth a SH*T.

I'm going back to Laser and will NEVER BUY AN EPSON AGAIN!!!

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (5/9/05 4:14 PM) + / -
Found a little tidbit thought I'd share:

http://www.i18nguy.com/humor/epson-sucks.html

Same old Epson ploy...

Change the model number and hope people buy that piece of crap. And so on... and so on... and so on.

Hey Epson, if your printers are prone to clogging then either fix it or place a warning sticker on the outside of the box...

Cigarette companies have to alert their customers to the effects of their products, why shouldn't Epson.

E.g.

"WARNING: Use of Epson printer may cause money to leak from your wallet"

"CAUTION: Clogged print heads will destroy hours of your time."

"WARNING: Repetitive Stress Injury - Incessant use of Head Cleaning and Nozzle Check may cause carpal tunnel syndrome."

"ALERT: Surgeon General warns k e t e "

{Apparently the Surgeon General's printer was an Epson and the head clogged while printing}

Enjoy the fun... add your OWN warning label suggestion.

And REMEMBER... DON'T BUY EPSON PRODUCTS!

Re: Re: Epson Printer not printing by moe (5/9/05 5:36 PM) + / -
Thanks for sharing. I get the idea he doesn't like Epson printers very much. Question arises as to why he's still using one? Maybe we should start one on Epson clogs? Epson printers clog up like a sewer line full of roots...like a constipated elephant...like a person with hayfever...like cholesterol clogged arteries...like the 405 freeway

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (7/25/05 2:22 AM) + / -
i want to open the casing on my epson C20UX printer to replace the over flow pads as you said on a internet page their are no screws to take out so how can i open the casing please help me.
Ron.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Denny Conway (7/25/05 5:08 PM) + / -
Anonymous: There is an "Epson Stylus C60 Printer Information Page", that also includes the C20 series, that you can view at http://epsonhelp.freehttp.com/C60.html . It does have a section on the left side you can click-on, titled WASTE INK PAD SERVICING and also a section titled HOUSING REMOVAL, that may be of some help to you...Good Luck! Denny Conway

epson action laser 1500 by John OBrien (7/31/05 2:21 PM) + / -
I have an epson action laser. When I use it with Linspire (lindows)
it works well. When I attached it to MS XP windows, I get an out of paper message. This machine worked well with windows 98. It does not work with XP. Now I have to set up a machine on another OS, and the print to that machine with a windows machine. Can you help?

Re: Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (7/31/05 4:51 PM) + / -
It seems like we have the same problem-What was your outcome? Do you still use Epson products? This is what I recently posted:

I purchased my Epson printer during XMAS 03, I seldom used it-it's still new but of course out of warranty. Anyway, A few days ago, I replaced the Black ink (an Epson product). It started charging, but when It did the nozzle check, it only printed the other three colors-not the black. I did a head cleaning-still nothing. So, I called Epson-I thought that the ink was bad, the tech had me do the head cleaning three more times-still nothing-then, I was told that I was out of warranty and bla, bla bla. Since my printer was working fine a day prior to replacing the black ink-I still felt it was just bad Epson ink. the next day, I went to Office Depot purchase another black Epson ink-still same problem. I performed another head cleaning-this caused my color ink to run out-I replaced the yellow and the red-did a nozzle check-only the blue printed. Which is the one that I did not change. Then the blue ran out, after it was replaced-now nothing is printing. my computer is Windows XP-I have tried to print from my pc and my notebook-just blank pages. I have even uninstall Epson on my pc then reinstalled-still nothing. I don't use my printer a lot, infact this is my 3rd ink change-I have always used the Epson ink-I believe that the printer is just poor quality; and the worse part there is no support.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by toots (8/20/05 7:37 PM) +2 + / -
I have an Epson Stylus C64 printer thatI use at least once every other day. I was cheap and had a black cartridge refilled and it worked fine. I bought the authorized cartridge (black) this time and it doesn't print black. I've tried printing in other colors, only blue works. I have cleaned the nozzles and printheads at least 6 times in the past few days and the test page gets lighter and lighter for the colors, nothing in black. I have heard that sometimes the "pump" on the black will go out and it's just cheaper to buy a new printer. Thanks!

Re: Epson Printer has error paper jam/ by Anonymous (8/29/05 9:12 AM) +2 + / -
Epson Printer 1000 ICS keeps saying error: paper jam but there is no paper in printer. How do I get the error to go away?

Re: Epson Printer not printing by tommy b (8/29/05 9:21 AM) + / -
i have a stylus cx3600 and it prints all colours except red . i have run the self clean as many times as possible but to no avail. has anyone had this problem and how can it be fixed.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by tommy b (8/29/05 9:24 AM) +1 + / -
i have a stylus cx3600 and it prints all colours except red . i have run the self clean as many times as possible but to no avail. has anyone had this problem and how can it be fixed.

Epson Printer Styllus C64 by ringel (9/6/05 2:38 PM) + / -
The printer is not printing in the black ink. The nozzle head was cleaned and a new black cartridge was put in. The printer will print in other colors. Does anyone know how this can be fixed?

Re: Epson Printer not printing by nancybernheimer (9/8/05 6:41 AM) + / -
I have an Epson Stylus Color 900 printer. After changing the black ink cartridge, the quality of the printing is terrible - very hard to read. Any suggestions?

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (9/8/05 9:04 PM) + / -
I have an Epson CX4600 and printed a photo @ 7:00pm. Of course my ink level indicator told me I was nearly out of CMY (black was about half full). Later when I tried to print a text document (all black), the ink level indicated that all the color cartridges were empty (although the photo printed perfectly edge to edge). During manual inspection of the cartridges, I noticed that the weight and sound of the CMY cartridges indicated that there was much more ink in each of them than in the black cartridge. The printer refused to print (even though only black was needed) and I have been forced to shell out $40 so my daughter can print her homework.

The Epson website indicates that the cartridges should be replaced after about 6 months although I hardly ever use the color cartridges. Is there any way to bypass this stupidity?

Re: Epson Printer not printing by mt (9/14/05 10:40 AM) +1 + / -
I have a CX6400; on a g5 Mac OSX 10.3.9
This printer printed fine for about a year, and I used it infrequently (once/2months).
Then the colors started fading/disappearing from my prints even though the levels say they're all at 20-30%.
Then the fades soon turned into blank prints, nothing was showing at all.

So I replaced all the original cmyk cartridges with the appropriate new Epson models.
I did all the nozzle cleaning/alignments, etc from the Computer, as well as from the printer's own control panel itself- both with the usb plugged and unplugged from the computer.

STILL prints BLANK when printing the Nozzle check via both computer and printer's control panel.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (9/17/05 12:26 PM) + / -
Don't buy a cx4600, they are only good for about 4 months. Running a cleaning cycle stopped all colors and black from being printed. Several applications of cleaning solution over a 3 week period of time did nothing to fix the problem. Hours of frustration and wasted ink make the epson a terrible design. It was a great printer/scanner/copier for the first 4 months. One should not have to buy new printers as a means to print when problems develop with the previous one.

Re: Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (9/19/05 4:24 AM) + / -
Hi Ricky,

Have managed to sort out your printer? I have the same one and still struggling.. Daniel

Re: Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (9/21/05 9:08 PM) + / -
I agree! Epson sucks and I will never buy their products again! I have just now had my cx4600 for a year and have only used it a handful of times and it is already malfunctioning. It is so obvious that the company is a bunch of crooks trying to make more money off the ink as it says they are empty, but you can still feel the ink sloshing around in the cartridge and the head cleaning maintenance drained all my new color ink that I spent $38 on , I am livid! DON'T BUY EPSON!!!!

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (9/24/05 8:37 PM) + / -
I am having similar problem with my Epson cx4600. Printer actually tries to print but the page comes out totally blank. It however print red color fine. I am tired of cleaning the nozzle head as suggested in the manual.

I will also join wining team but for now I am looking for a resolution and fixing this problem.. Any help ideas appreciated.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Despina (9/25/05 6:36 PM) + / -
I bought an Epson Color Stylus 670 in June 2000 with a Gateway. In February 2005 I bought an iMac G5 and continued using it. Worked just fine. I've kept it clean, and have been using Compatible Ink Cartridges (the ones with the rainbow on the box). I've even refilled those and printer worked just fine. Two weeks ago the cartridges needed changing (which I did) and then needed to clean the heads (which I did). Apparently, the heads needed an additional cleaning but this time my attention was diverted and I held the "ink button" longer than 3 seconds which caused all 3 red lights to start blinking. I turned off the computer a few times, waited several minutes, turned it back on, but to no avail. I turned it off, disconnected it from the computer, and waited a while, then turned it back on. Same light-flashing business. I removed it from my desk, let it sit overnight, plugged it into a different outlet.... same thing. I turned it on and off, and it would start up just fine, but then the lights would start flashing. A local repair shop said they'd charge $20 just to look at it for an estimate! But who knows what they'll "choose" to charge. I don't trust most repair shops.

[Aside: I saw an Epson 740 that someone was selling for $15. Would it be more worth it to get a used printer than try and fix this one?]

If anyone can tell me what to "giggle" or "clean" PLEASE TELL ME. I DON'T HAVE MONEY TO BURN.

Thanks. Despina.

Re: Re: Epson Printer not printing by Despina (9/25/05 6:44 PM) +1 + / -
I bought an Epson Color Stylus 670 in June 2000 with a Gateway. In February 2005 I bought an iMac G5 and continued using it. Worked just fine. I've kept it clean, and have been using Compatible Ink Cartridges (the ones with the rainbow on the box). I've even refilled those and printer worked just fine. Two weeks ago the cartridges needed changing (which I did) and then needed to clean the heads (which I did). Apparently, the heads needed an additional cleaning but this time my attention was diverted and I held the "ink button" longer than 3 seconds which caused all 3 red lights to start blinking. I turned off the computer a few times, waited several minutes, turned it back on, but to no avail. I turned it off, disconnected it from the computer, and waited a while, then turned it back on. Same light-flashing business. I removed it from my desk, let it sit overnight, plugged it into a different outlet.... same thing. I turned it on and off, and it would start up just fine, but then the lights would start flashing. A local repair shop said they'd charge $20 just to look at it for an estimate! But who knows what they'll "choose" to charge. I don't trust most repair shops.

[Aside: I saw an Epson 740 that someone was selling for $15. Would it be more worth it to get a used printer than try and fix this one?]

If anyone can tell me what to "giggle" or "clean" PLEASE TELL ME. I DON'T HAVE MONEY TO BURN.

Thanks. Despina.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (9/26/05 11:01 PM) + / -
i have a epson stylus CX4600 and i got it in late july of this year, we used generic ink and then we had problems. the main problem is that although my printer says we have so much yellow in the cartridge but when i printin color my yellow doesn't print out. we have switched back to authentic epson ink but i still have this problem. we have cleaned the nozzles and magenta, cyan, and black print out fine on the test but the yellow doesn't show AT ALL! i will never use generic ink again but i really need to fix this! please help ok! thanks

Re: Epson Printer not printing by dando (9/30/05 4:21 AM) + / -
Hello I have an Epson Stylus C84 I ran out of ink and got all new ink put them in and now my printer is not printing at all.The paper is going through but comming out blank any sugestions?Thanks x

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (10/1/05 10:49 PM) + / -
I agree completely. Don't buy a cx4600! Mine was working great for about 3 months, then started printing faintly when the utlilty said the cartriges were still 40-50%. Running a cleaning cycle didn't help. I bought another round of ink cartriges and all that prints are blank pages. What a rip off.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Epson User :( (10/3/05 6:34 AM) + / -
I've been using an EPSON STYLUS COLOR 740 for years now. I absolutely love this printer, and even if we got newer ones (Epson C60, HP 1200 series, HP 1400 series...), I refused to stop using this. It's my favorite. It prints out wonderfully.

It was working fine a couple of months ago, but then it stopped printing properly. There are always gaps in my printouts now. I've been cleaning the print head and printing out nozzle checks for hours now but still it won't fix up. The colored ones are fine, but the black is kinda weird. There're gaps everywhere.

I live in Asia and there are no cleaning cartridges anywhere in my country. Buying a new printer is not really an option, either.

I really don't want to change my printer. I'm using an iBook and HPs are really slow with this. Also, well... I love my 740. So any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Epson Printer not printing by xaviero (10/3/05 8:10 AM) + / -
my epson c45 SX asian products, was not printing.
The message was tall me to replace to-38 and to-39 cartridge, but i have repclaced it ones as is as told.
but it still can't print.
power led is green (not blink) and resume led is red (not blink)
i had use ssclg software to reset it and clear the counter ink, but it still not working.

can anyone tall me the solutions ?

thanks

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (10/3/05 12:22 PM) + / -
My printer will only print one line of jibberish. I took it thought the Windows XP trouble shoot, uninstalled and then re installed the printer. Now it will not print anything. The light blinks like it wants to print, but nothing happens. Please help me. I like this printer and would like to get another 6 or so years out of it if possible. Thank you.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by hpwizard (10/3/05 1:30 PM) + / -
If your printer is printing jibberish it is a software issue. Make sure when you go to print that it is trying to print to the correct printer. If you are running XP try dowloading the latest driver from the manufacturers site.
Luck!
Dazz UK

Re: Epson Printer not printing by DragonKeeper (10/4/05 1:34 PM) + / -
My printer recently started to make lots of annoying noise when it's printing and when it prints the lines are sorta faded although the ink cartrage is full, I don't know what to do and I don't want to mess the printer up even more, I'd appreciate any help I can get, thanks in advance.

Ink's still half full!! But it won't let me print! by genius (10/4/05 8:42 PM) + / -
What the frick!!!!! My status monitor says all three color cartridges are empty (yes, 100% empty!) but when I take them out and shake them around I can hear ink sloshing around inside. It feels like it's still HALF FULL! What the heck!!!!!!!

Is there a way around this so I can still use up the remaining ink???? Or do I have to shell out 40 bucks for new color cartridges?????????

Re: Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (10/4/05 11:56 PM) + / -
The printer cable never fails? Jibberish can very easily be caused by a bad cable. Run a self test by pressing the paper feed switch then turn the printer on. If it prints fine there try another cable.

Re: Ink's still half full!! But it won't let me print! by Anonymous (10/5/05 1:51 AM) + / -
hi you have not stated printer type ?? but printers are designed to do this . its just to stop print heads drying out and blocking and means you have to buy more cartridges good for manufacturer's bad for you ...if you turn of the status monitor
(s monitor pain in butt anyway) will allow you to use up all ink but but remember what i said about blocking..be ready to replace ink when it runs out and then worst that can happen is your ink runs out on printing a page but having said that some printers have chipped cartridges(to find this out just remove cartridge and replace it back in if it say ink out still then it chipped) and if you printer as told you ink is out ..then cartridge chips will need resetting because will no longer work with out doing this..chips are there to stop refilling of the cartridges by end users but you can buy a re-setter and ink to re-use cartridges ..not expensive half the price of cartridge replacement cost 20 bucks refill 3 times saving of about 100 bucks then just buy more ink as needed (ps if you go for re-filling then no need to turn of monitors as just refill/reset and print (re-setters have a long life and can reset cartridges many many times over

Re: Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (10/5/05 2:48 AM) + / -
i am assuming the cartridge as ink in it ?
The print head nozzles may be clogged or damaged some times no matter how many times you clean heads it doesnt help
just replace cartridge or as LAST resort if money tight take out cartridge place in saucer of hot water until water goes cold JUST THE PRINT HEAD SO YOU WILL ONLY NEED 5MM OF WATER IN SAUCER AND AVOID TOUCHING GREEN pins on cartridge or getting it wet take cartridge out of water press it VERY LIGHTLY on some tissue to dry it replace back in printer (you may have to do the above a few times (have found this to work well on clogged heads but if you have head damage on the cartridge nothing will help but replacement)
then from the Utility section found in the EPSON printer driver, clean the print heads by performing a head cleaning followed by printing a nozzle check
If the nozzle check is not printing completely, and if the head cleanings do not help the nozzle check pattern to print completely, replace the ink cartridge

Re: Re: Ink's still half full!! But it won't let me print! by genius (10/8/05 3:10 PM) + / -
Sorry. It's the famed Epson CX 4600 that's received "great" reviews in this forum. I'm beginning to agree with the negative feedback about this printer. My three color cartrdges have ink SLOSHING around inside and sound like they are still HALF FULL even though the status monitor says they are empty! What a JOKE!

I just put in 4 new ink cartridges (a mere $65 total!) and it's now printing out NOTHING! What's going on! I've cleaned the heads twice now, done the alignment, done everything and still NOTHING. Anybody know why this printer has these problems and if anything can be done about it? Is the only option out there to trash the printer and get a new one?!?!

If nothing can be done I'm definitely going to go through my credit card company to withhold payment for my new ink cartridges while I dispute it with them. So far it's a RIP OFF!!!!!

EPSON has a great scam going, though, ya gotta give them that!

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (10/8/05 11:50 PM) + / -
I have an Epson Stylus Color 740 Printer.
I have Windows XP...does this printer work with Windows XP?

I tried to download the latest driver, but when I do, I get this...Every time I go to print something (for example, a test page) ...it prints out in "Hyro-Glifics" (sorry, spelling might be wrong)... But it is just a bunch of numbers and letters just mixed up with everything.....looks really messed up. Then I actually have to unplug the printer or take the paper out because it keeps printing the hyroglifics over and over again on a million pages, and won't stop.

Can anyone help me??!?

Thanks

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Susanruth (10/9/05 1:07 AM) +3 + / -
I have an Epson R800.

I was printing this evening, had some color issues, did a nozzle check and cleaning, then reprinted and my prints came out fine.

I turned off the printer and came back to it...now my printer won't turn on at all. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software, unplugging the USB connection and unplugging the power cord and plugging it in elsewhere - nothing happens, it just "died". I've only had this printer a year! What could this be? Any help appreciated.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Susanruth (10/9/05 1:11 AM) + / -
I have an Epson R800.

I was printing this evening, had some color issues, did a nozzle check and cleaning, then reprinted and my prints came out fine.

I turned off the printer and came back to it...now my printer won't turn on at all. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software, unplugging the USB connection and unplugging the power cord and plugging it in elsewhere - nothing happens, it just "died". I've only had this printer a year! What could this be? Any help appreciated.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by dokdo (10/11/05 7:04 AM) + / -
Hi everyone,

I wonder if someone can point me in the right direction.

I have just changed the color ink cartrige in an EPSOM STYLUS COLOR 740. Now all the LEDs are flashing. (3 red and the green power LED).
It won't print. reseating the cartrige does not help. Nor does switching off and on again.

thanks

Re: Epson Printer not printing by nlund (10/12/05 6:19 PM) + / -
I put three sheets of paper into the paper feeder on my Epson Stylus C86 to print out a three-page document. The first page printed great. The second page was too close to the top of the paper. The third page did not feed and was still standing in the paper holder when I got a message that there was a paper jam. There absolutely was no paper jam because I could account for all three sheets. I have tried to eject, turned the machine off and then back on, pushed the flashing red light, but nothing helps. I am very frustrated. Please someone help.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by redbelt (10/15/05 2:22 AM) + / -
I am from Bahrain & me & my friend have a CX3500 (aka 3600 in other countries).
I too get the ink empty signal but can feel and hear ink inside the "empty" cartridges, its SUCKS!
More importantly, I ALWAYS HAVE TO CLEAN IT!
ALWAYS!
I printed lots of stuff yesterday & this morning I need to clean it again!!
Do you have any idea how much ink I lose when cleaning?
I will not stray away from Lexmark & HP again. This is not doing its job at all!

Can I do anything about it?

Epson Printer showing empty by ellie (10/30/05 7:12 PM) + / -
I have an epson cx4600 that I got in april of this year with my ibook, it worked fine until this week, I had to repalce the black ink cartridge and did so and it still worked, but now it is telling me all the ink cartridges are empty including the black one that I replaced just last week.,..
I don't want to buy all new cartridges for 65 dollars, jst to find out that the printer is bad...

why the sudden change.. it was doing so well ??
Any suggestions ?

thanks,
e.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (11/3/05 4:30 PM) + / -
I've had 3 Epson printers prior to getting this piece of crap (the CX4600). All of them worked wonderfully. In fact, my old 740 is still doing fine. The only redeeming thing for me about the CX4600 is that I got it for free when I bought a laptop. The place threw it in as an extra. Now I know why. I thought that the printing problem might be my ink cartridges. Yeah, right. Now I'm out the money for new cartridges. Stay away from this piece of crap. In fact, if you've read through the blog to this point, you've already wasted too much time. If you want to use it as a scanner, it'll do. Otherwise, the best thing to do is leave your door open and hope someone steals it. It isn't even worth wasting your time to throw it out. Better yet, give it to someone you don't like who thinks they knows computers.

Re: Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (11/3/05 8:37 PM) + / -
I couldn't agree with you more, I too bought a epson cx4600..and its a piece of crap. It was fine for the first three months.... but after that, its one problem after another..... my latest problem... is nothing is getting printed, just blank pages, and its really annoying!
stupid printer company

Re: Epson Printer not printing by NATASHA (11/3/05 9:22 PM) + / -
I HAVE A EPSON STYLUS CX4600 MODEL AND IT IS NOT PRINTING, I TRIED PRINTING MY RESUME AND IT KEEPS FEEDING THE PAPER THROUGH, BUT NOTHING KEEPS PRINTING, IT GIVES LITTLE BLACK LINES OR DOTS.I TRIED TO CLEANING IT, BUT STILL. WHAT SHOULD I DO, I BOUGHT IT LAST YEAR AND PRINTED MAYBE 10 TIMES SINCE, THE INK IS FULL .PLEASE GIVE SOME OPTIONS.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Megan (11/6/05 3:35 PM) + / -
My printer stopped working today, actually we just moved and its the first time I tried to plug it in and set it up. The ink was out on the magenta ink, so I turned it on to replace it and it made a strange sound when I turned it on, which it continues to do even after I put new ink in. It give me a printer error message and sounds like a motor is running when I turn it on. The sound is coming from the orange band in the middle, which I think may or may not be connected to the arm that moves the printer ink cartriges. I've never had this problem before, it appears that something may have come disconnected. Is there anything I can do for a quick fix or does it have to be taken to a repair technician? When I turn it on, it makes the sound and I think its cleaning the heads because it seems to be eating up the ink each time, then the error light comes on and it says printer error, and I cant get it to print anything or even do anything when I press the menu or color copy buttons (or any of the buttons).

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Megan (11/6/05 3:38 PM) + / -
Just realized I forgot to say what kind of printer it is... its the Epson Stylus CX5200

Re: Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (11/7/05 2:48 PM) + / -
I can't make my printer work it is an Epson Stylus CX 5400 and it will not install without the cd can you send me another cd

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (11/7/05 8:53 PM) + / -
please.........someone help me....i have a big project due tomorrow and i just replaced all the ink cartridges on my cx4600.......if there is anythign i can do..ANYTHING.PLEASE HELP

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (11/7/05 9:20 PM) + / -
Download the SSC service utility (google it) and then run the powerful cleaning. You might have a clog somewhere along the ink purge tube.

Re: Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (11/11/05 1:40 PM) +1 + / -
I changed the cartridges about 3 weeks ago have not used the printer much due to everything is green when i do .the printer is
a epsom stylus cx4600 i use ink from them. they are cartridges
i have cleaned the print head and continues to be green do you have any suggestions? thankyou

Re: Epson Printer not printing by buttwipe (11/11/05 11:56 PM) + / -
BOYCOTT EPSON! THEY SUCKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Stephen (11/12/05 6:03 AM) + / -
Search the forums, the epson printhead problems have been thoroughly discussed!!!

Re: Epson Printer not printing by xaviero (11/15/05 7:13 AM) + / -
my epson stylus c45 was not printing.

the power led is red light (not blinking), the resume led is green light (not blinking). printhead moving like usual, but if it's printing, the message said "Printer not responding".

i've been used ssclg utility, and it still can't fix it. using reset counter, reset waste ink pad, reset counter overflow, there're useless.

technician said, it was a trouble on the mainboard, and it's charged so expensive, just like a new one printer price.
anyone can gave me a clue to fix it problem ??

thanks

Re: Epson Printer not printing by dandottie (11/17/05 2:23 PM) + / -
I have lots of problems with Epson Stylus C40UX and have solved them but now can't seem to find out what the matter is. The green and red lights are blinking like a railroad crossing and I can't seem to get a command from the computer to the printer. I'm still pretty new at this and hope someone out there can help... Thanks, Dan

Re: Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (11/18/05 3:10 PM) +6 + / -
I was wondering if you could help me. My wife changed the color cartridges in the C86 Epson printer. She used Epson Cartridges. It was only coming out black. Then we got the notice to change the black cartridge, and now we are getting nothing. It is coming out completely blank.

I have reinstalled the driver. Cleaned the nossel through the utility many times. I don't know what to do. I have gone through all of the utilities and cannot find anything that would give me an idiciation. From the computer all looks ok.

One really confusing thing is as we try to print, the ink level indicator on the PC is going down. I don't know where that ink is going.

I cannot say if the power was on when the cartidges were changed.

I have removed the cartridges several times and tried to ensure that they were in correctly.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Griffster (11/21/05 3:41 PM) + / -
The problems with the cx4600 are the tube getting clogged that sucks the excess ink out of the well after a cleaning cycle. There is an inspection port in the back where you can get to the tube. Take off the check valve and hold the tube that's coming from the top/front of the printer into an empty bottle and run a cleaning cycle. BE CAREFUL though as if you are holding the wrong tube in the bottle, the correct one will spew ink everywhere. My 3rd RMA'd unit from them did the same thing they all do, then I tried the above method. It worked like a champ until today when I got a brand spanking new problem of it telling me something inside the printer has approached the end of it's service or something! WTH is that? In other words, I have a 2 month old brick now. I assume it would need some kind of eepromm reset now to get it back into service. It just sits there and flashes it's lights at me.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (11/23/05 5:37 AM) + / -
all ink jet and bubble feed printers are crap. people should buy laser printers. the ink might seem more expensive, but it goes a lot longer, the machines work longer and are much faster. When you buy a $30.00 printer...you get a $30.00 printer. When you buy a laser printer for $150.00, you get a heck of a lot more!

Re: Epson Printer not printing by FedupwithEpson (11/25/05 8:09 AM) + / -
Can anyone tell me (please) why my R800 is printing blue photos all of a sudden? I use Photoshop 7 and the pics are fine on screen and ok on plain paper but when I put glossy paper into it, everything comes out with a blue wash. The heads are clean, all cartridges are full and I am fed up! I have tried every setting I can through Photoshop, switched off Color Management in the printer and/or Photoshop, tried various brands of paper. It never did this when I bought the printer but has gradually gotten bluer as the weeks have gone on. I tried a new software download from Epson, with a patch for glossy paper all to no avail. I dumped the previous 895 Photo printer a few months back, and now I wish I had bought a Canon!

General Error on an Epson 820 by michaelpn (edited 11/27/05 4:12 PM) +1 + / -
I just moved and brought my printer with me. When I plug it in, it starts the normal initialization sequence and then it seems to be trying to move the print head further right than the docked position (as far right as it can go). This makes an awful noise and then it stops and the middle warning light starts blinking red. When I check the status monitor, it says "General Error" and suggests killing all print jobs, turning off the printer, removing any foreign objects and then turning it back on after a few minutes. I've done this, but to no avail. Is it dead? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Re: Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (12/10/05 11:37 AM) + / -
i just want to ask you that i have lost my printer cd and i want to install my printer, so what shall i do.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by printerrepairpros (12/10/05 4:15 PM) + / -
Go to www.epson.com and download the drivers from their support and download section.
That's all there is to it.
Hope this helps.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by kaseys (12/10/05 7:37 PM) + / -
Is the epson action laser 1000 compatable wthy microsoft windows xp????? Of so how do I make it work??

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (12/10/05 10:22 PM) + / -
Drivers. Read the post right above yours.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by tommmy (12/19/05 1:00 PM) + / -
Hi, hope someone can share their knowledge. Have an epson cx4600, the ink waste pad removal error appeared a few months ago. This printer did print quite a bit. Under warranty, it had been serviced, worked fine, error gone, but not 1 week later, got the persistent all lights flashing error. Displayed is E on the counter.

From what I know, this is a dead stop, means the internal counter is causing the printer to no longer function.

My problem, it was replaced instead of fixed, but I still have the unit. Another problem, I never installed the printer to a pc, the ssc utility only works on a pc. Cannot get it to initalize on a pc, due to not being detected while in this condition, therefore the ssc utility to reset the counter is null.

Are there any other methods to get this printer working again?

If i were to read up myself, are there other means to access a printers programming.. just curious for general knowledge?

thanks
tom

Re: Epson Printer not printing by hpwizard (12/19/05 5:34 PM) + / -
Tom,
First of all, download the software for the printer onto your PC. Then connect the printer up. The SSC programme will recognise the printer if it is indeed the waste counter which needs resetting. If it is saying "cannot perform in current condition" or similar, you have another fault, ie empty ink cartridge etc. I bring printers with the waste counter error back here all the time & I still manage to load & reset them on my PC.
Dazz UK
Merry Christmas!

Re: Epson Printer no image by Anonymous (12/20/05 1:45 PM) + / -
i dont get an image printed on the paper that seems to go through all the motions properly. when i have a page gone through the paper is blank.. i have ink, always bought epson inks and ive used all the functions on the printer to try and fix the problem head clean and nozzle check.. what should i do? its a cx6400. thx.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by tommmy (12/21/05 11:17 AM) + / -
Thanks Dazz,

Much appreciate it. I was trying to install printer to a W2K Server, it had problems allowing the installation of the software.

I finally got it detected on a different workstation.

Will share knowledge in next post.

Tom

Re: Epson Printer not printing by tommmy (12/21/05 11:22 AM) + / -
Now here is my share of knowledge to all, good and bad-

Preface: I appreciate all the fellow techies contributions to this forum, much appreciated by those willing to do the work themselves to get things fixed. Nevertheless, we need to keep these techies employed, so hopefully this information is shared only to the few, otherwise we risk taking away from the industry and forcing people out of their jobs. That is the last thing we need, even if it costs an extra printer a year.

I now understand that many lower end printers are programmed for a life-span. Essentially the idea is that getting a printer serviced outside warranty will be soo expensive that customers will opt instead to purchase a new model...

As for the Epson cx4600, the ink waste counter had reached its max life span. The service tech did me a favor, because he replaced the ink waste pads, did not reset the counter, however printer still in warranty was replaced by Epson when the service error appeared.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by tommmy (12/21/05 11:29 AM) + / -
Now the fix;
On W2K Pro, installed the Cx4600, detected correctly, original drivers installed, installed SSC 4.0, attempted protection counter reset as well as counter overflow, did not work. According to the SSC forums, version 4.1 will have complete support for this.

Heard good reviews for 2manuals,com, and like another user, found the results to be perfect. The program is an Epson adjustmnt program, it displays the life span of all the serviceable parts within the printer, this is a servce tech level program through and through. It can be used to program into the printer what has been replaced when a part has reached its life span.

Used this program to reset the ink waste removal counter, and it worked as advertised. Printer works fine now, am happy.

Caveat; Eventually the ink waste will overflow because the printer will now go by a new count, be preparaed for a mess when this happens.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by R. Greco (12/23/05 5:02 AM) + / -
A friend of mine has an Epson Printer C64. It was working according to him several months ago but for the past 2 months it has not been printing. The color cartridges are full and now I just purchased a new black cartridge, although the black was not showing empty.

Is there any tape that must be removed from the cartridge? I know with my HP printer, those cartridges need to have tape removed before they print.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (1/1/06 1:34 PM) + / -
my epsom cx4600 is not printing. it was in my dock and I lost it. How can I get it back so I can
connect to my computer to copy information needed?

request for diagrams by Mark Mayhem (1/3/06 4:11 PM) + / -
Dear everyone,
Does anyone have an exploaded diagram for a C45 and C43sx? I would like to learn how to clean the ink well that stores all the wasted ink. please send it to my email.
Thanks a bunch.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by lessig (1/8/06 12:42 AM) + / -
We just bought an Epson Photo R1800. While printing its second photo. it stopped, giving a "Communication Error." Now I can't get it to start printing again at all. I've switched from a FW connection to a USB connection. I've reinstalled the drivers. I've rebuilt the printer. Nothing. Everytime it tries to connect to the printer, and then simply stops. I'm working on an iMac G5, OS X 10.4.3.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by xaviero (1/8/06 6:43 AM) + / -
try replace the USB Cables with a new one, and make sure the cable is thick one.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by lessig (1/8/06 1:58 PM) + / -
I've tried two USB cables and two FW cables, and verified that both work in different contexts. I don't believe it is the cable.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by lessig (1/8/06 10:21 PM) + / -
Fixed it. The problem was not with the Epson. It was with the Adobe Photoshop Elements. I tried to reduce the margin too far, and it just stopped. No error. But now it's fine.

C86 not printing black after cart. change by Anonymous (1/10/06 11:30 AM) + / -
Hi There,
I have a C86 which was working fine until i changed the black cartidge, now it does not print black (it prints colors).
I have: cleaned the heads multiple times, only used epson ink, always turn the printer off at the printer switch, changed the cartridge using proper procedures using the software maintenance panel step by step.
Any ideas????
Thanks!

ink recharge by gnomansen (1/11/06 12:55 AM) + / -
Is there a way you can manually reset the ink levels?

Re: Epson Printer not printing by xaviero (1/11/06 7:51 AM) + / -
it not about resetting ink levels, but its about ink that clogged headprint.

u should be read the manual of cleaning clogging printhead in this forum, try search with "cleaning clogged headprint" keyword.

try it first.

Re: Epson Printer not printing CX3650 by Spug (1/15/06 5:26 AM) + / -
Hi,

My CX3650 is just over 1yr old and its printing the wrong colours for items and sometimes only printing 1 colour full stop..Anyone got any clues as to what might be going on.

Stuart

CX4600 power problems... by dndnjcouple (1/15/06 1:30 PM) + / -
My CX4600 has worked fine. No printing problems.

The machine won't turn on. I've tried turning it on without the USB cable in it. I've tried turning it on in a different outlet. I've tried flipping the power cord in every direction possible. I've even tried a new power cord.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Chris

Re: Epson Printer not printing by xaviero (1/19/06 8:44 AM) + / -
this is how the way to resetting commonly epson printer,
just remembering this number (chip number)

1 2
3 4 5

there is chip number of ur cartridge...

to resetting procedure,
try close chip no.1 with a light scotchtape, put it in the printer, move back the printhead to home position, turn it off.

turn it on again, then move the printhead to changing cartridge position (different way to do it, match it with ur type of epson printer). remove the tape, then cover it to chip no.2, put it back, move to home position, turn it off.

turn it on, move the printhead to changin cartridge position, remove the tape, put the cartridge back, move headprint to home position, turn it off.

turn it on, and whoila, it works... :)
just try it...

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Judy Armstrong (1/25/06 4:33 AM) + / -
My Epson Stylus Photo 750 has been lying unused for 1 year.

Presuming the old Black & White cartridges had dried up, I replaced both with old (sealed) non-Epson cartridges and nothing printed, even on self-test.

After cleaning twice, I now have a perfect set of coloured lines, but no Black at all (I've even tried a second new sealed non-Epson B&W cartridge, but still no black, even after cleaning again).

The printer feeds fine, and seems mechanically ok. I'm running it on a network from Win95 and from XP SP2 using Win2000 driver with a new printer cable - but as this happens on printer self-test, I cant see this is relevant.

Am I missing something obvious here? It seems strange that there is no black from two different (albeit non-Epson) Black and White cartridges.

Are the printheads in the cartridge? Do I need to clean them some other way?

Would appreciate any help or advice as its a neat little printer ...

Thanks Judy

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (1/25/06 5:30 AM) + / -
Hi!

I'm thinking of buying an epson R300 from ebay. One has caught my eye, that is really cheap as it is faulty.
The seller has mentioned that it won't print (the printer goes through the motions, paper is taken in the print head is heard to move across the paprer etc) or the output is so faint as to be almost non-exisitant.
The ink cartridges are full (original epson carts etc), and its been through the cleaning cycles a fair few times.

What are the possible faults, and the solutions?
Is it worth buying in the hope that it can be resolved?
Any ideas??

Any help is greatly appriciated!!
Jon

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (1/25/06 8:14 PM) + / -
Everyone. forget the vodoo cures this stuff does work and costs much less than $20.00 http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/kits/epson/K89

Re: Epson Printer not printing by tracer_god (2/3/06 2:12 AM) + / -
I Have an Epson C45, the red stopped to work and ive tried cleaning it with no success,.. I tried to take it apart and clean the print head itself, when i put it back ,..now its not pprinting at all,.. what the F&*K did i do wrong, double check the connections and eveything seems ok,. can anyone tell me ehat i did wrong or what i can do to fix this?,.. any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

Re: Epson Printer not printing by mags3893 (2/3/06 5:47 PM) + / -
Hi, I just bought brand new cartriges for my Epson R300. The Black and yellow work fine, however it WILL not print the other colors! When I do a nozzle check, it will print black and yellow, and the rest is blank, these are BRAND new EPSON cartriges!?! What could be wrong?? Thanks.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (2/3/06 10:44 PM) + / -
TheMediaGuy, I guess you did not bother to read the posting rules but selling is not allowed.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by moe (2/3/06 11:13 PM) + / -
Rules is rules, MediaGuy is gone.

Forum Moderator

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Wun (2/4/06 5:45 PM) + / -
Hmm, I'm glad I read it when I did.... I didn't even have to post here to have my question answered. TheMediaGuy's fix worked perfectly for me and I tried EVERYTHING else! You should really consider allowing others to get access to such a fabulous solution... just my 2cents.
-Wun

Re: Epson Printer not printing by WornLee (2/5/06 9:45 PM) + / -
Susanruth, did your R800 come back to life?
Until I stumbled into this forum I imagined I was the only one have "issues" with my R800.
Currently it has three plugged nozzles(or maybe it's the head) that won't open with the regular procedures. Have had this problem?

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (2/5/06 10:00 PM) + / -
Wun, There are lots of free resources for the info that he was selling. Including countless free links here. The posting rules state no selling and the post that was deleted stated that he would sell a cleaning kit for $20.00. You may not agree with what thr forum rules are but they sell a kit kere. The kit sold here is not a home made mix with "god only knows what is in it". The kit here is only $10.00 and is made for printers.

You use the wrong stuff and you can screw up the printer. I don't work for the forum but I support it. And that means only promoting kits sold here. Without those sales there is no forum.

You decide what is worse. Losing the forum or banning someone who broke the rules. Just a forum supporters 2 cents.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Wun (2/6/06 10:13 AM) + / -
I guess that makes some sense... I'm just overjoyed that I got my printer to work again. To me the $12 (not $20) was worth it. My $200 printer is working once again, otherwise it is useless. Plus I've got enough to do it another 5 times if it ever happens again, which is why I picked his... It's got 20 ounces of solution.

I see your point about the forums though. Maybe it wasn't the right place for it.

Re: Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (2/11/06 5:14 PM) + / -
Its sounds likely that the printer was left too long without printing or maybe ink cartridges were left out of the printer too long and ink has solidified in the heads. This seems to be a common problem with Epsons. They actually recommend printing at least once a week to prevent this happening.
You can try the cleaning cycle a few times but doing more than 6 cleaning cycles at a time can make the problem worse. Do a nozzle check to see extent of problem.
Of course you could check another obvious but dumb solution if the person simply forgot to take the plastic tabs off the ink cartridges.
In the event of some blocked nozzles, ie parial/poor printing then dried ink, air bubbles or dirt could be the case. A general clean up, maybe some printer cleaning fluid or even window cleaner(works for some) but not alcohol may work, if not, bin it

Re: Re: Re: Epson Printer not printing by wornlee (2/11/06 8:12 PM) + / -
Sounds like good advice. This R800 started out doing so well and now, just like my two previous Epsons, it's crapped out. I'm afraid it's headed for the bin.
Anybody have a recommendation for a solid* color printer that will actually last longer than a year and not cost a second mortgage in ink cartridges?
*"solid" = general family purpose printer. I ocassionally like to make nice glossy prints.

Re: Re: Epson Printer not printing by knolldish (2/12/06 3:58 PM) + / -
Thank you very much for your post. I was able to save my printer from being trashed by following carefully each of your easy-to-follow repairing instructions. I put a bit of extra effort trying to clean the valve as well as the secondary tube that goes flat inside the printer.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by doubleb (2/12/06 9:17 PM) + / -
I was surprised to see all the complaints about the Epson 4600. Mine cashed it in about 6 weeks ago. I've run the cleaning cycles about twenty times in the last month, hoping that something will happen. I've tried cleaning (what I think are) the heads with hydrogen peroxide. I can't tell you how many ink cartriges I've gone through. Unlike many of the other listings here, the waste tubes are not clogged and appear clear through the door in the back of the computer. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (2/13/06 5:33 AM) + / -
I recently changed the cartridges on my C86 Epsom. I use compatible cartidges not originals. Two were accepted OK but two were rejected as not being recognised as compatible.I tried another two and the same result. Any suggestions?

Re: Epson Printer not printing by knolldish (2/14/06 12:51 AM) + / -
BTW, thanks to Griffster. Epson CX4600 fixed with those handy instructions he posted above.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by gues (2/14/06 8:35 AM) + / -
I am having an Epson problem. I have an Epson CX 6400 and it was printing fine a few weeks ago. Then it started printing in streaks. I cleaned the printer heads, and it worked for a little while, then it started again. I just figured taht since the ink was almost out, I would just get a new cartridge. I did, but when I installed it, it doesn't print black. The paper goes through the printer. The printer goes through all the printer motions and sounds. I think it will print, but nothing shows up on the page. Color prints fine. All color shows up, but black doesn't. What is wrong with my printer? Can anybody help me?

Trying to install Epson Stylus Photo 1280 by kmmkeri (2/14/06 9:07 AM) + / -
Please, please, I need help. I gave up trying to get my Canon MP360 to print, so I am trying to set up a friend's Epson Stylus 1280, which hasn't been used in yrs. First of all, it was designed for Windows 98 & I have XP. Windows has a driver available for the Epson stylus 1270, but not the 1280. I set it up under the 1270,but it still won't print. The ink light is red (not flashing), which I think means it is out of ink(??) I looked at the cartridges & ink is still wet. If the ink is low, does the printer shut down until they are replaced? And, if I go & spend $30 or so on new ink cartridges, do you think there is a chance the printer will work on XP? Please help. I'm in a remote location & need the printer for my small business.

Re: Re: Epson Printer has error paper jam/ by Anonymous (2/18/06 2:04 PM) + / -
I have the same problem, did you get it fixed?

Re: Re: Re: Epson Printer has error paper jam/ by moe (2/18/06 3:09 PM) + / -
If you read all the posts on the thread, you'll notice that none of them get answered. All forum volunteers ignore this thread and similar ones. If you really want help, start your own thread. Hopefully you'll read the posting rules that pop up before you post or yours will be ignored as well.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Arvind Sawant (2/22/06 8:33 PM) + / -
Hi,
I am Arvind Sawant, form Mumbai India
I have a Epson 720 photo printer.
When I sarted head cleaning option, all the lights
started blinking ( Powerlight, out of paper light and ink level light), I had given printer to the authorised service centre,
they are saying it can't repairable becouse they don't have error finding software. How can I solve this problem?

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (2/23/06 3:04 AM) + / -
Download the ssc utility (google ssc utility) install & configure it then run reset protection counter. Answer Y when it asks if pad was replaced.

I don't remember if the 720 is supported or not but it will let you know on the list of supported printers.

Good luck.

Epson Printer not printing by Hannah Arthur (2/24/06 5:15 PM) + / -
Hi,
We can't get our printer working. The red light is flashing for no ink. Then we just brought new ink and put it in. The red light is still flashing. How do we stop it, so we can print? Our printer is a EPSON STYLUS C20UX.

Please help I need to print documents soon

Re: Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (2/27/06 6:31 AM) + / -
Hi,

Just received the same error as this. Printer was making all the right noises and movements but nothing was appearing on the page. To fix, take out each cartridge in turn and put a pin gently in each nozzle to unblock the nozzle. Run a few print head and nozzle cleaning techniques then to improve print quality.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (3/3/06 7:11 AM) + / -
quelle qun a le progranne dintalation pour epson stylus cx4600 ma fille la brisser jfbelanger640@hotmail.com merci

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Highpower (3/3/06 7:58 AM) + / -
Epson CX 6400 printer/scanner/copier, changed black ink cartridge, genuine brand new Epson high capacity black ink, now will not print with black ink. Printer sees the cartridge, shows as K 90%, and shows date of manufacture, etc. Bad cartridge?

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (3/4/06 4:37 AM) + / -
please help my printer is not working ive got an epson all in one dx4850 i can copy but it wont print from my computer can any one help!

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Alfrankel (3/14/06 5:27 PM) + / -
Hi, My Epson CX5400 will not print black ink. It started to print inconsistantly, I changed the cartidge (replaced with genuine Epson) but now it won't work at all, seems to be clogged. I ordered the cleaning solvent for Epson heads, but does anyone have any advice how to proceed? I'm handy generally but unfamiliar with printers.
Many thanks in advance for any help you can lend. - Al

c45 printer error by khate (3/20/06 12:07 AM) + / -
hello, my c45 printer starts to fail in printing. The power light and the feed paper were both lighting.When you press on the feed paper it just stop there and not start printing until you will start to press it again and goes the same problem.What do you think the problem?I've restarted my PC and turn off the printer but still the same problem. Can you help me find the solution? Thanks

Re: Epson Printer not printing by farooq (3/24/06 12:00 PM) + / -
hi

i am not able to open epson cx3600 printer.i have aaready remove scaner from top of the printer but i cant able to open the top part of plastic body.

can u tell me how to open it or can u send image file to open cx3600 printer

thanks

Re: Epson Printer not printing by farooq (3/24/06 12:01 PM) + / -
hi

i am not able to open epson cx3600 printer.i have aaready remove scaner from top of the printer but i cant able to open the top part of plastic body.

thanks

Re: Epson Printer not printing by farooq (3/24/06 12:01 PM) + / -
hi

thanks

Re: Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (3/29/06 5:51 PM) + / -
hi gud morning. whats the main problem of epson c45 printer? every print.the printer is always feeding paper, but not writing to paper! thank u! i hope so much! waiting to reply.... thanks again.......!

Re: Epson Printer Cx6400 not printing by c_me_now_u_dont (3/30/06 7:10 AM) + / -
I have an Epson (All in one) Cx6400. The other day, I was in a hurry to print something out and I had to replace the black ink cartridge. I opened the lid of the printer. I realized the print head needed to be moved in order to replace the ink so I turned on the printer. While the printer is turning on the ink carriage moves to the left, I hurriedly opened the cover of the carriage while the computer was still turning on. Then the carriage with the cover open moved all the way to the left. It made a loud grinding noise and then I got the error light. I tried to move the carriage to the right but it would not move. I shut off the printer and the carriage moved slightly. I turned the printer on and off to get the carriage to move all the way to the right. The error light went off and I thought every thing would be okay. But now when I go to copy or print there is no ink on the paper. No black or color, so I'm thinking the carriage is misaligned. I think I'm pretty handy with fixing things so I'd like to take care of this myself but I'm just not sure what to do here. Can anyone help? I feel really dumb for being so anxious and messing up like I did.
Thanks

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (3/30/06 9:55 AM) + / -
The print head was off the cap assembly too long and the ink in the jets dried out. Get this kit http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/kits/epson/K89 and it should take care of the problem. The older the clog is the harder it is to clean.

I hope this helps.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by twofoot (4/2/06 9:21 AM) + / -
I have an epson stylus photo 895 and it was working fine until i had a paper jam and had to pull the paper out. Now it will not do anything because it says there is a paper jam. I have had a look and there does not seem to be any thing stuck. Gonna throw it in the bin soon if i cant fix the problem.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by jakjr (4/3/06 2:37 PM) + / -
I replaced black cartridge. Now printer will copy all colors, but not print black from computer (colors still print from computer).

Red blinking lights by Anonymous (4/18/06 1:45 PM) +1 + / -
Funny story.

I replaced my printer cartridges after a year or so (cheapskate/dont print much). After dropping $70 at OfficeMax on print cartridges, I got them installed and nothing printed. The driver worked and everything looked like it was supposed to. However, it didnt print. I tried a lot of things to get the print jets unclogged. To make a long story short, I thought I might be able to unplug the jets by tapping it something hard. I saw the hammer on my desk, and picked it up. At first, it was ever the slightest nudge. Then, a more insistent tapping. I grew to enjoy the sensation. Growing stronger, I began to rap on it with the ferocity of an angry user driven to the brink of madness. Eventually, I looked like I was trying to drive 16 penny nails into a 4x4 and the printer succumbed to my wanton depravity. It was like the copier scene from office space, only more gory.

Now two red lights are blinking on it, and there is smoke coming out of it and there is shards of broken plastic all over my carpet.

Please help

The moral of the story is:

1. I make $40.00/hr. I spent more time screwing with it than It would have cost to buy a new printer.

2. Never try to unclog printer jets with a hammer. Results can be hard to predict.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Lee JAMES (4/22/06 3:02 PM) + / -
I have a C86 Printer which exhibited the following. I has over the last few months printed with gaps. After head cleaning and a new cartridge it has worked ok for awhile. Now we get the gaps back again and head cleaning does nothing but empty the magenta and cyan cartridges which I change. Ink button shows no further need to change ink but still gaps in the black printing. So I change the black ink cartridge and now I get nothing. I open the printer to see if the purge tube is disconnected but it is firmly attached. What should I try next.

Thank you for your help!

Re: Epson Printer not printing by lekash (5/1/06 3:19 AM) + / -
OOOuuu yes, I am having the very same problem with c86, black ink ran out, I replaced it 2x then colors ink ran out... and of course printer is maybe a month over warranty (familiar)...My c86 fly away the window.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (5/8/06 5:40 PM) + / -
I have an Epson Stylus CX5200 computer printer. After having the hard drive of my computer cleared and reinstalled AOL 9.0 Security Edition, Recycle Bin, and a couple other, the printer driver was installed and a very clear Windows XP Printer Test Page came out very clear. After printing a couple e-mails, the black cartridge was totally out of ink, and the other three cartridges had approximately 5 percent or less ink remaining. I purchased the four cartridges that is suppose to be used for this computer - black (C13TO32120), blue (TO42220), yellow (TO42420), magenta (TO42320). These are suppose to be Epson (genuine epson) cartridges. I installed them as they were suppose to be installed but I can't print anything - only plain paper comes out of the printer. Also, when I try to scan a copy the same thing happens. Do you have any ideas. I've had this printer for a little over a year and it was a new printer when I purchased it. Thanks for assistance you can provide before I move on purchasing another printer - possible not an Epson if this is characteristic of Epson printers.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (5/8/06 8:05 PM) + / -
Buy this http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/kits/epson/K89
Read this http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/duraink.html

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Dougfen (5/25/06 8:06 AM) + / -
I have an Epsom CX3600. I refilled the ink cartridges with a kit from Jet Tec. Regrettably, some ink leaked out and when I try to print I get the 'Paper Jam' box come up. The paper travels half way and stops. There is no paper jam as it ejects smoothly. Any ideas, would replacing new Epsom cartridges help.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by jhay (6/6/06 10:35 PM) + / -
i have a printer c45 i replaced the ink printer works but message does not appear on sheet,getting blank page
please help me i also try to reset the software but the problem is still same

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Wes (6/6/06 10:38 PM) + / -
Read the post by by Anonymous (5/8/06 8:05 PM) one post above yours.

Wes.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by jhay (6/6/06 10:39 PM) + / -
i have a printer c45 i replaced the ink printer works but message does not appear on sheet,getting blank page
please help me i also try to reset the software but the problem is still same

Re: Re: Epson Printer not printing by sinba (6/17/06 5:55 AM) + / -
You don't go to Epson service center.

How do I Reset my printer to Clear Error Light Conditions?
Technically, this condition requires an Epson service engineer to resolve. It is however, possible that you could fix it yourself by resetting the printer and clearing the counter of how much ink has gone to those pads. You can do this as follows.

Procedure 1
This procedure works for the Stylus Photo type printer. The error is indicated on these printers by all four lights on the printer flashing. Even if you press the power switch on the printer, the lights continue to flash, and the printer does not turn off!

1.. Turn off your printer, ensuring that the print head is at it's home location and locked in place as normal;
2.. Power off the printer at the wall or by removing the power cable, for at least 20 seconds;
3.. When you restore power to the printer at the wall socket or by reinserting the cable, if the lights come back on straight away, the printer's power switch was 'on' - switch it off and return to step 1;
4.. Hold down the paper-feed button and the button with the ink-drops next to it, and then turn on the printer, still holding the buttons down;
5.. When the paper-out LED flashes, release the buttons;
6.. Press and hold the Cleaning button, until several lights flash - this will take a few seconds (i.e. then release the button);
7.. The printer will now attempt to reset, including resetting the EEPROM memory and running a short (about 10 seconds) cleaning cycle.
Procedure 2
1.. Turn off your printer, ensuring that the print head is at it's home location and locked in place as normal;
2.. Hold down the paper feed button only;
3.. Turn on the printer;
4.. As the paper feed light starts flashing, release the button;
5.. Immediately hold down the ink-drops button for some 10-20 seconds or until the printer springs into life;
6.. Allow printer to complete it's processing, then turn off for a few seconds, and back on again for a newly working printer!

Re: Epson Printer not printing by LERuth49 (6/22/06 8:23 AM) + / -
I just bought my husband a new emachine #t6532 computer. It will not recognize the Epson Stylus CX6400 printer. He has installed the drivers and everything. If he tells it to print, it just won't.Any ideas would be appreciated. He has done all obvious things but it will not work emachines told him that there is a problem with 2003 Office and XP. Does any of this ring a bell?

Thanks,
LER

Epson Stylus C45 Printer not printing by sob (6/22/06 9:15 AM) + / -
I tried to print with my epson c45 but then something flashes in the monitor that says "SERVICE REQUIRED" - Parts of your computer are at the end of their service life.

I can't seem to print nor remove the cartridge

Mr. Denny Conway or anyone, what should I do?

Thanks...

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (6/29/06 8:07 AM) + / -
my epson printer cx5400 doesnt print in red colour why>? i dont no i tried installing the driver 4 time then i changed the ink 6 times but it still doesnt print in red

Problems with the Epson Stylus CX 3600 by Anonymous (7/6/06 4:23 PM) + / -
Hi farooq

I've the same problem with my Stylus CX 3600. I'm trying to disassembly and I can't ┐have you resolve it? I find a tutorial with draws of the disassemble perharps it would help you. Send me a mail and i will send you the tutorial.

Ricardo
ricardoo_formacion@yahoo.es

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Wes (7/6/06 5:18 PM) + / -
Try here http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/cx4600.html Click on disassembly info link.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by eagle (7/13/06 11:02 AM) + / -
Epson 1500 might print one page OK and then partway thru the next page all off a sudden the print head jams right and makes a screching-grinding noise. The problem seems to occur more often over time.

Anybody else had this same problem? Solutions/fixes???

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (7/13/06 10:09 PM) + / -
I have an Epson c45 printer, it was good until the ink was black consumed, replace it with a refilled good ink, it prints but then suddenly it won't print. I turn it off then on again but the printer response only by blinking the red LED, the GREEN ligth is on but the RED light is blinking. the meesage at the computer monitor says : Device not detected but everything is connected
i already reinstalled the driver and the computer recognize the presence of the printer but still the RED lights is flashing and the printer wont print.

I replace the black ink with a new original Epson ink but still the printer won't print.
Can sombody please help me...thank you very much.

Roy

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (7/13/06 10:12 PM) + / -
I have an Epson c45 printer, it was good until the black ink was consumed, I replace it with a good refilled ink, At first it prints but then suddenly it won't print. I turn it off then on again but the printer responded only by blinking the red LED, the GREEN ligth is on but the RED light is blinking. the message at the computer monitor says :" Device not detected" but everything is connected
I reinstalled the driver and the computer recognize the presence of the printer but still the RED lights is flashing and the printer won't print.

I replace the black ink with a new original Epson ink but still the printer won't print.
Can sombody please help me...thank you very much.

roy

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Paul Rudolf (7/14/06 10:50 AM) + / -
I have an epson cx4600 that stopped printing when I changed ink.
I am using epson durabrite ink. I am recieving no error lights just blank pages. Does this sound like a clogged printhead or pump?

Paul

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (7/14/06 12:13 PM) + / -
Usually it is a clog at the end of the ink purge tube. The info for removing the housing can be found here http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/cx460001.html

Re: Re: Epson Printer not printing by TEQ (7/18/06 3:24 PM) + / -
I'm having the clogged heads, i have new ink, problem. Would really like to hear a solution.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by mama_13151315 (8/1/06 10:23 AM) + / -
My new C45 is not feeding paper but is printing, why is that? No error messages or anything.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (8/28/06 7:14 PM) + / -
i need an instruction or manual for epson c 45 because i need to reset the configuration. my printer cannot print unless i reset it and i forgot how to reset i. tnx fo anyone who can help me i really appreciate it

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (8/31/06 3:50 AM) + / -
My epson cx 3600 all in one is not working anymore
It just stopped
SOmetimes when i try to turn it on only the powerbutton goes on but nothing works. Only you can get the damn thing om by unplugging the power or sometimes wait until it goes of by itslef.
Othertimes when i try to turn it on evere single LED goes on but only unplugging the power works to stop that.
And sometimes the thing simply does not go on.

My question is what this can be and how to solve this. I think it is a problem in the powercircuit.
Now i want to break open the printer but do not know how. There are only a couple of screw i can unplug. I want to have acces tot the power circuit so no links to how remove the document cover cause that is just falling out when you hold it upside down.

Re: Epson Printer not printing by jmabasa (9/5/06 8:16 AM) + / -
I have the problem with my EPSON C86 printer, the ink and paper red lights are flashing but the power is OFF. I did clean the encoder strip and the shaft but it's still inoperative. What I should do now to fix this printer? Thanks for anyone who can help me I really appreciate it.

Re: Re: Epson Printer not printing by mclerk (9/14/06 7:25 AM) + / -
I am having the same problem opening the cx3600. Was this issue ever resolved?? If so I'd appreciate it if you could outline the steps taken.

Kind regards

Mike

Re: Epson Printer not printing by epson blows (10/20/06 11:16 PM) + / -
Throw your Epson away and buy a real printer (maybe an HP). Epson is the worst most rip-off of a printer. I followed the rebate instructions to the "T" and do you think after 1.5 years I ever received
my promised $50 rebate, "NO". The start out ink was 1/8 of capacity in the new Epson I bought so I would be forced to buy their ridiculously priced replacements. I made the unforgiving mistake of trying to replace the ink with a store front non Epson product cartridge and the printer actually the company through the printer never forgave me and rendered the printer permanently damaged. So what did I do I completely destroyed it with glee vowing never to buy an epson product again as long as I live! Go to Hell Epson! I recently bought an HP w/ start ink at 100% and a replacement at a reasonable price. I'm happy w/ HP!

Re: Re: Epson Printer not printing by Walter Mixon (10/22/06 6:48 PM) + / -
Did you ever find out how to get your R800 to come on? I have the same problem in a brand new printer - two weeks old. Will call Epson to replace it, but would like to know what the problem is.

Thanks!

Walter Mixon

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Rollie Kohl (10/24/06 4:19 PM) + / -
I have an Epson Stylus C86 printer. I ran out ot black ink; bought a new cartridge and no printing
Then I bought the color cartridges and still no printing. I re-installed the software and still no printing. Finally I disconnected all cables, waited for 20 minutes, reconnected and still no printing.

I called Epson and they disconnected the phone support lines.

Any suggestions?

Rollie

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Chris2k (10/26/06 1:07 AM) + / -
Same problem here with the same printer :(

Re: Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (10/31/06 2:23 PM) + / -
Seems like other people have had the same problem. Today is October 31, 2006 - and my printer does noit print either and only prints blank pages. There is no indication that I am out of ink. I need help quickly. Thank you....

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (11/7/06 3:09 PM) + / -
whats the point of having a site called fix your own printer when all you say is tere is only so much information i can give out been a epson repair dealer WHAT A CROCK O SHIT you are no help what so ever

Re: Epson Printer not printing by GamesReplys (11/10/06 9:24 AM) + / -
The loss of ink sounds like either the nozzles are blocked, a tube to the pump is blocked or the head may be fritzed.

Did the print go suddenly or bit by bit? If you ran the ink out totally and then chaged the cart and the printing stopped, it could be an air lock in the head.

Oh and Anonymous (11/7/06 3:09 PM) - That kind of attitude will get you nothing but resentment! These people post here in thier own time at thier own cost. Blatant dis-respect such as you have shown wins nothing for anyone - except possibly the Dumb Ass Award for the spam poster!

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (11/12/06 6:13 AM) + / -
Hi!Ihave an epson stylus C43UX USB port. I was printing my report then suddenly it stops. just like that. the power light is on and the Maintenance light is also on. what should I do ?

HELP....HELP...... even if I press the maintenance button it just keeps on scrolling and nothing happens it doesn't feed paper

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (11/12/06 6:15 AM) + / -
Hi!Ihave an epson stylus C43UX USB port. I was printing my report then suddenly it stops. just like that. the power light is on and the Maintenance light is also on. what should I do ?

HELP....HELP...... even if I press the maintenance button it just keeps on scrolling and nothing happens it doesn't feed paper

Re: Epson Printer not printing by Trootie (11/13/06 11:15 AM) + / -
Hi I have an Epson R300 Photo Printer -

When I go to print - the Paper Jams each time...
If your looking at the printer it seems the "rollers" on the
right side are not working feeding the paper right?

Is this something I can fix or is my printer trash!!!

HELPPP!!!

Trootie

Re: Re: Epson Printer not printing by Anonymous (11/30/06 12:57 PM) + / -
If your Epson Stylus C86 isn't printing- read this! My printer would not print- but spit out pages and sounded like it was printing. I purchased a new cartridge. This did not fix it. I had not used the printer for about a month during a move. I found this site. I tried the fix that is listed above regarding the disconnected or clogged tubes. It WORKED GREAT!, and was easy to do (sort of). Read the earlier postings, and follow the instructions regarding the cleaning tubes. There is a sponge that rests under the printer head when it is "parked". The tubes that carry away the debris get clogged easy, and it quits printing. Clean the tubes- and it works again.
2 tips- Use a bottle of canned air to help blow out the tubes, works well. There are several sites that try to sell you a syringe and some cleaning solution- not necessary. I used 409. It is not hard to get the solution into the tube- try unscrewing the pumper out of your 409/windex. Touch the tube at the bottom of the pumper to your clogged tube. When the surface tension breaks- the 409/windex drips into the printer tube easy. Let it sit for 30 seconds- blow it out (it will make a mess at the other end- beware). I am a first timer at this- I had great success, and it isn't hard. Cleaning the drain tubes (one small black one and one long clear one) will get your printer working if you have the problem I mentioned earlier. Good Luck.

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters