fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

hp3330 mfp: Printer Mispick. [Enter] to Resume

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

hp3330 mfp: Printer Mispick. [Enter] to Resume by edsager (edited 1/23/11 10:55 AM) reply + / -
As per http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/laser/68019, I ordered and replaced the transfer roller following the instructions which came with the transfer roller.

However, the first part of the instructions listed how to remove and replace the fusing assembly...how dumb was I to not look at ALL of the instructions before proceeding? Very.

After putting the printer back together, I kept getting an error that there was no printer cartridge in the printer. There was a brand new cartridge in the printer. It seems I may have accidentally bent the spring-loaded charging pin, so I took apart the printer again and fixed the very slight bend.

After putting the printer back for the second time, I still have 2 screws leftover and I get the error, "Printer Mispick. [Enter] to Resume." Pressing enter does not do anything, but now the printer recognizes that it has a cartridge in it!

What can I do? How can I troubleshoot? Did I just blow up my chances of having a working printer?

Thank you again for any help,
edsager

Re: hp3330 mfp: Printer Mispick. [Enter] to Resume by edsager (1/21/11 4:54 PM) reply + / -
Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
edsager

Re: hp3330 mfp: Printer Mispick. [Enter] to Resume by edsager (1/23/11 10:45 AM) reply + / -
I think I may re-open the printer (now that I have some schematics) and see if the the spring-loaded charging pin I may have bent is touching the correct connections.

If anyone could help shed some light on what the spring-loaded charging pin is supposed to act like exactly, that would be helpful.

Again, thanks for any help,
edsager

Re: hp3330 mfp: Printer Mispick. [Enter] to Resume by healthup (1/23/11 6:04 PM) reply + / -
About "Printer Mispick. [Enter] to Resume."
Check here it may help.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com

Re: hp3330 mfp: Printer Mispick. [Enter] to Resume by edsager (1/23/11 9:46 PM) reply + / -
Thank you healthup. I just saw that page earlier today. Before I do any taking apart, I will attempt the suggestion at that site to replace the printer pickup roller.

If anyone has any detailed schematics of the insides of my printer model, I would very much appreciate knowing where I might find as such. I have the service manual and a couple more close-ups of parts.

Again, thanks,
edsager

Re: hp3330 mfp: Printer Mispick. [Enter] to Resume by healthup (1/23/11 9:52 PM) reply + / -
I doubt it has anything to with pickup roller.
I do'nt think so.

Re: hp3330 mfp: Printer Mispick. [Enter] to Resume by edsager (1/24/11 1:08 PM) reply + / -
OK. The suggested HP support page listed the following as potential solutions:

Reload the paper in the paper input tray; verify that there are no jams in the paper path, and press MENU/ENTER to continue the job. If the error persists, replace the printer pickup roller. Check paper path, including rear output door for jams, fuser area, and under the print (toner) cartridge.

What do you think it might be?

Thanks,
edsager

Re: hp3330 mfp: Printer Mispick. [Enter] to Resume by healthup (1/25/11 7:18 PM) reply + / -
I think it'd better for you to re-check if there're any wrong with what you've done because the "Printer Mispick. [Enter] to Resume" was not the original problem. It may not neceary need to be replaced. Check whether any contack or cable or sensor......is the problem first.

Re: hp3330 mfp: Printer Mispick. [Enter] to Resume by dmzcompute (1/26/11 2:27 AM) reply + / -
If you get no noise when you hit the enter button, then the pickup roller is not turning and you need to check the cables you removed from the main board in order to remove the fuser. One of those cables is probably not seated correctly.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters