asked Aug 20, 2010 at 6:56am
Hp HP LaserJet 4

HP LaserJet M3035 Very Long Power-On Sequence

I've recently encountered the dreaded "INFLATE ERROR - DOWNLOAD FILE NOW - SEND RFU UPGRADE ON USB DEV PORT" on a client's LaserJet M3035 MFP, and after trying unsuccessfully to upgrade the firmware I was forced to replace the formatter.

The new formatter seems to work fine; however, the power-on sequence is now much longer than before, taking 6-8 minutes compared to the 4 minutes it takes for another nearby printer of the same model.

I was wondering if this was normal? The new formatter is a later revision judging by the part number (Q7819-61009 instead of Q7819-60001), so I was thinking that this might actually be normal, but I don't have another machine with a new formatter to compare it to.

Also, does anyone know what the numbers and letters that are visible with the HP Logo during the power-on sequence actually mean? Because I've noticed that the printer seems to hang the longest at two particular moments: 4/6 at the latter A, and 6/6 at the letter F. I've been thinking that they might indicate the various checks done by the printer while initializing and having a full list might help to know what makes it take so long to start.

Any help would be appreciated.
The numbers and letters showed up with the recent fimware upgrades, they are supposed to indicate what part of the initialization process the printer is in.

I have not been able to find a list, hopefully HP support has one.
by Stephen on Aug 20, 2010 at 8:03pm Add comment