fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

HP LaserJet M3035 Very Long Power-On Sequence

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

HP LaserJet M3035 Very Long Power-On Sequence by TerraEsperZ (8/20/10 6:56 AM) reply + / -
I've recently encountered the dreaded "INFLATE ERROR - DOWNLOAD FILE NOW - SEND RFU UPGRADE ON USB DEV PORT" on a client's LaserJet M3035 MFP, and after trying unsuccessfully to upgrade the firmware I was forced to replace the formatter.

The new formatter seems to work fine; however, the power-on sequence is now much longer than before, taking 6-8 minutes compared to the 4 minutes it takes for another nearby printer of the same model.

I was wondering if this was normal? The new formatter is a later revision judging by the part number (Q7819-61009 instead of Q7819-60001), so I was thinking that this might actually be normal, but I don't have another machine with a new formatter to compare it to.

Also, does anyone know what the numbers and letters that are visible with the HP Logo during the power-on sequence actually mean? Because I've noticed that the printer seems to hang the longest at two particular moments: 4/6 at the latter A, and 6/6 at the letter F. I've been thinking that they might indicate the various checks done by the printer while initializing and having a full list might help to know what makes it take so long to start.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: HP LaserJet M3035 Very Long Power-On Sequence by Stephen (8/20/10 8:03 PM) reply + / -
The numbers and letters showed up with the recent fimware upgrades, they are supposed to indicate what part of the initialization process the printer is in.

I have not been able to find a list, hopefully HP support has one.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters