fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

samsung CLP-620ND tech mode

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

samsung CLP-620ND tech mode by dickross (3/7/10 9:44 AM) reply + / -
samsung CLP-620ND tech mode by dickross (3/7/10 9:37 AM) reply edit + / -
I downloaded a maintenance manual for this printer, but some of the stuff is still not explained very clearly.
What is B2B mode? aparently I can set this from 0 to 99.

is there a setting to disable the toner out (or page count)?
I found a setting for toner low level (1-30, default 10%). and a "report" Supplies info....Printing.

There is a counter reset for the fuser and/or the pickup roller.
No mention of a toner counter.

For those who haven't spent the $12.99 for a manual: You get to tech mode by pressing in sequence : menu, back, left, right, ok, stop, menu.

Dick

Re: samsung CLP-620ND tech mode by dickross (3/9/10 7:59 PM) reply + / -
Well the printer was delivered today and the above sequence to access tech mode doesn't work. anybody got any suggestions?

Re: samsung CLP-620ND tech mode by Itlan (5/3/10 10:12 AM) reply + / -
This key sequence worked for my CLP-610ND. You have to press the key very quickly (use two hands).

Would you be willing to share the service manual? I cannot figure out how to complete the "Pick-up Roller" reset.

Re: samsung CLP-620ND tech mode by dickross (5/5/10 5:31 AM) reply + / -
be glad to share, but the file even zipped is 14+ meg. not sure if that will go thru mail,. Send me your E-mail address and I'll try it.

Re: samsung CLP-620ND tech mode by Itlan (5/5/10 9:34 AM) reply + / -
Open ftp.cvc-inc.net in Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer) then go to the Upload folder.

It's a blind FTP so you won't be able to see your file once you upload it.

Thanks a million!

Re: samsung CLP-620ND tech mode by Anonymous (5/5/10 5:38 PM) reply + / -
You'll need to be a little more detailed. I can't open ftp.cvc-inc.net in windows explorer unless I can see it, and the only things I can see are what's on my drive. I can't see anything on the web from windows explorrer.
I can't find ftp.cvc-inc.net from internet explorer either.

You've lost me!!

Dick

Re: samsung CLP-620ND tech mode by Itlan (5/5/10 5:43 PM) reply + / -
Sorry, forgot the full address. ftp://ftp.cvc-inc.net/Upload/
I recommend Windows Explorer because it will allow you to upload the files. Internet Explorer does not provide a way to upload file to FTP so you HAVE to use Windows Explorer or another FTP program. Most people do not have another FTP program.

If you just paste that whole address into Windows Explorer, you should arrive at our FTP. You should just see a blank file pane (no files). Just drag the file from your computer to the blank file pane. If you get an error, let me know.

Re: samsung CLP-620ND tech mode by dickross (5/5/10 6:01 PM) reply + / -
weii U think I uploaded something. I have no idea how to check if it worked.

Dick

Re: samsung CLP-620ND tech mode by Itlan (5/5/10 6:06 PM) reply + / -
Dick,
I got the file. You did it right. Thanks a lot!

The FTP is configured to be what's called a "blind FTP". The Upload folder is set in a way that you cannot see any files in the folder, therefore you cannot "download" any of the files. Our Download folder is set so you cannot upload any files, but you can download files.

This "one-way door" type configuration prevents hackers from uploading files on our FTP and then later downloading the files. This also eliminates the need for us to create passwords to access our FTP.

Thanks again!

Re: samsung CLP-620ND tech mode by DICKROSS (5/5/10 7:41 PM) reply + / -
GLAD YOU GOT IT. I got techmode to work. I've been trying to lighten up color printing. photos look pretty good but too dark.
so far I have changed all the "Deve DC" and "Deve VPP" settings from 0 to +15. and the "Deve AC" settings from 0 to -15. This seems to make the print darker not lighter??
Do you have this problem? Let me know if you figure out how to fix it.

Thanks,
Dick

Re: samsung CLP-620ND tech mode by Itlan (5/6/10 10:31 AM) reply + / -
I actually have the CLP-610ND. My problem was the Pickup-Roller needed to be replaced and the counter needed to be reset. The controls are slightly different on the CLP-620, but fortunately the instructions are the same.

I would check the Printer Preferences on your computer. In there, you will see an option to manually adjust the color settings.

Hope that helps.

Re: samsung CLP-620ND tech mode by vitessenet (10/18/10 5:17 PM) reply + / -
Someone would be kind enough to send me the Service manual for the clp-620nd? this would be really apreciated.

you could send it with the free www.yousendit.com files upload to neon2k *at* hotmail.com

Many many thanks :)

Re: samsung CLP-620ND tech mode by eliotpapaa (7/25/11 5:25 AM) reply + / -
I had clp-620nd and is giving an erro
code 04-001.what is the meaning of this erro
and what this the remedy

Re: samsung CLP-620ND tech mode by Itlan (7/26/11 10:38 AM) reply + / -
From the Service Manual: Code #04-001 is related to the main circuit board. It says to check the connectors. If that does not solve, then the board may be defective.

Let me know if you would like the page from the manual.

samsung scx 4623 f by mesut (8/17/11 12:34 AM) reply + / -
request from my samsung scx 4623 printers come easy hi f # 04-001 What is the error code it gives this error code appeared white due to a continuous interest in machine ban
If a knowledge sevinirim

Re: samsung CLP-620ND tech mode by pjmd3163 (1/3/12 8:43 AM) reply + / -
Not sure if you are aware but there have been a few occurances of an error Message, "Not Compatible Yellow Toner" seen on the C:P-620 lately. Can the Maintenance mode clear such an error message as it is stopping em printing anything at the moment and Samsung Tech Support is not exactly helping!

Samsung CLP-620ND tech mode by Endemic (1/10/12 7:24 AM) reply + / -
I keep getting a 'Not Compatible Toner' message when using the factory supplied cartridge. How do I over-ride this error message?

Re: Re: samsung CLP-620ND tech mode by ditlhase (12/18/12 10:32 PM) reply + / -
please assist on reserting pickup roller counter for CLP-620

Re: samsung CLP-620ND tech mode by Itlan (12/19/12 11:20 AM) reply + / -
Tech Mode is used to reset some internal counters for the Fuser, the Pick-up Rollers, and to set some other parameters.

To enter clear any warnings about replacement of the rollers:
1. Turn the machine on and make sure the display reads Ready (along with any other messages).
2. Press in rapid succession the following keys: Menu - Back - Left - Right - OK - Stop - Menu.
3. The screen should now show a menu, you can choose between the Tech Menu and the User Menu, choose Tech Menu and press OK.
4. Scroll to Data Set and press OK.
5. Scroll to Counter Reset and press OK.
6. Scroll to Pickup and press OK.
7. Scroll to Tray 1 and press OK.
8. No confirmation will display on the screen.
9. Exit Tech Mode by pressing Back until you get to the top level menu, then press Menu - Back - Left - Right - OK - Stop.
10. Power off the machine, wait at least 20 seconds, then turn on the machine.

Re: samsung CLP-620ND tech mode by vasdjs (3/19/13 6:09 AM) reply + / -
Hi
I've tried to get into the tech menu to reset the pickup roller counter, but failed miserably. Is the "Stop" the button to the right of the multi-directional control?
I think mine is still under warranty, so why would the pickup counter want a reset in less than a year. Does it need it?
KR's vasdjs

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters