fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

HP 9000dn Paper Jams Halfway Through Fuser

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

HP 9000dn Paper Jams Halfway Through Fuser by DoctorOfPrinters (7/8/09 8:44 AM) reply + / -
I have an HP 9000dn here that jams up consistantly. I am able to run a few sets at times without isses, then others it jams up everytime.

The paper jams halfway through the fuser somtimes on the first sheet of the run, somtimes on the third, and all others as well. It seems pretty random.

We had this issue before and ended up replacing both the PIU and the registration assemblies because we found that the page was getting skewed before the fuser and the paper offset would cause it to bind up. This worked for quite a while, but the problem has showed up again, only without the paper skew this time. So we have also tried multiple fusers to see if that was the issue, and it never fixed it.

Any ideas?

Re: HP 9000dn Paper Jams Halfway Through Fuser by dmzcompute (7/9/09 5:24 AM) reply + / -
Have you tried another fuser. Possible the flag at the fuser which tells the printer the paper has arrived is not working right so the printer shuts down when the paper is half way out.

Re: HP 9000dn Paper Jams Halfway Through Fuser by DoctorOfPrinters (7/9/09 9:29 AM) reply + / -
Yes, I have tried a few new fusers to be honest. Still no luck unfortunately. Im starting to think that the DC controller may be going south on me. Its the only other part that would have something to do with that as it is extremely rare that any of the other sensors actually go out.

Re: HP 9000dn Paper Jams Halfway Through Fuser by Anonymous (7/10/09 3:58 AM) reply + / -
I have the same problem with the samsung CLP-310 any ideas?

Re: HP 9000dn Paper Jams Halfway Through Fuser by dmzcompute (7/10/09 5:03 AM) reply + / -
Samsung user you should start your own thread. Samsung printers are know for having problems with the exit sensor as their newer model 3175 has them go bad all the time.

Re: HP 9000dn Paper Jams Halfway Through Fuser by MiniViking (7/14/09 11:40 AM) reply + / -
You don't know how many times I have missed something simple, with that being said the question I have is...Is this only happening on multiple page documents? (i.e. is the jam really in the pickup area on subsequent pages) I guess i.e. is the wrong thing to use, but this isn't a forum for grammar.

Re: HP 9000dn Paper Jams Halfway Through Fuser by moe (7/14/09 12:14 PM) reply + / -
Good thing it isn't a forum for grammar or I'd have to delete most of the posts.

Moe
Grammar Police and Forum Moderator

Re: HP 9000dn Paper Jams Halfway Through Fuser by DoctorOfPrinters (7/14/09 12:45 PM) reply + / -
No, its not just multiple page jobs. Sometimes it will happen when just printing off one config page or something like that.

Re: HP 9000dn Paper Jams Halfway Through Fuser by laserphil (7/15/09 10:04 AM) reply + / -
you could try changing the settings in the paper handling menu or paper path test to print to the face-up (left output bin) to see if it's a problem with the face down delivery assy.
phil.

Re: HP 9000dn Paper Jams Halfway Through Fuser by DoctorOfPrinterscs (7/30/09 1:17 PM) reply + / -
That I have done and it didn't jam up so it looks like it may be something in the standard outbin. Though, ever since I ran pages out the left output, the standard outbin hasn't jammed up, so I must have done something right when I was playing around with it. I just don't know what.

If it comes back, it may be something to do with the fusers that we get from one distributor I didn't realize it at first, but they are having a hard time with the 9000 fusers. All sorts of issues with them.

Thanks all for your suggestions.

Re: HP 9000dn Paper Jams Halfway Through Fuser by MiniViking (7/31/09 9:53 AM) reply + / -
It sounds like it is the diverter assembly (PN RG5-5647-050CN). This is on the left door and by changing the position it may have righted the position when you went back to the standard output bin. If it happens again, open the left door and wiggle the little post that pushes the diverter. See if that corrects it.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters