fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

HP LaserJet 3380 Scanner Error

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

HP LaserJet 3380 Scanner Error by jjones (2/9/09 12:37 PM) reply + / -
HP LaserJet 3380 mfp The LCD screen read (Scanner Error) I have tried turning the machine off then back on in a few mins. Didnít work, Does any one have any suggestions besides replacing the Scanner.
Thanks Jack

Re: HP LaserJet 3380 Scanner Error by nivek (2/9/09 3:11 PM) reply + / -
http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/laser/38169
This post goes into great details about this and you can get opinions and read what some of the crazies have to say. But yeah most the time just cleaning it really good will do the trick.

Re: HP LaserJet 3380 Scanner Error by roy (12/15/09 9:17 AM) reply + / -
or it is the bulb worn, or the stepper motor on the ride side that is hiccuping.
either way..trash, garbage!

Re: HP LaserJet 3380 Scanner Error by F#$@kHP (8/1/10 7:14 PM) reply + / -
HP 3380 in my experience has the most problems in a scanner printer. Didn't know many has the same problems too. That company should f@#$king close up for making garbage products. I changed to Epson and for many years didn't give me any trouble. I'm not gonna buy any f@$%king HP products again for the rest of my life.

Re: HP LaserJet 3380 Scanner Error by Jeffrey Kim (9/14/11 12:30 AM) reply + / -
I just fixed my HP 3380 scanner error!!!

Please follow the direction as stated below.

Lets try to make this as easy as possible.

There is one thing you can do which MAY fix the problem.

Turn the power off.

Lift up the adf(cover) and look on the left side and you will see a small strip of glass covered by a platic piece with one screw in the middle.

Remove the screw and remove the plastic piece and then remove the strip of glass.

Now take a needle nose pliers and towards the back in the opening is the belt that moves the scanner. Move the belt a little at a time until it moves the scanner almost over the opening and then use your fingernail to move it over the opening. (Or turn on and turn off repeatedly almost 20 times for moving scanner to the opening)

Look down and you will see a mirror(right side gab under the scanner light).

It may look clean but it has a film on it that prevents the scanner from calibrating.

Use a dry q-tip and clean the mirror a couple of times and then move the scanner back towards the right and then use the pliers to move it the rest of the way to the right side.

Put back the glass, the plastic cover and put the screw back in and turn the machine on and see if now comes to ready. 85% of the time it will work.

Re: HP LaserJet 3380 Scanner Error by dmzcompute (9/14/11 5:15 AM) reply + / -
Gee I could have sworn I wrote those directions at least 20 times on this site over the last few years.

Re: HP LaserJet 3380 Scanner Error by RobearGo (10/21/12 4:24 PM) reply + / -
Jeffery Kim.

Thank you, it DOES Work!!!!!!!

Followed the directions and its now scanning.

Thanks Again.

it was a dirty mirror. That's the issue. It gets stuck because the reflection is not able to work because of dust or dirt in the mirror. Cleaning it worked great. Scanner scans even better than before. Much Clearer.

RobearGo

Re: HP LaserJet 3380 Scanner Error by nigmatech (12/28/12 11:41 AM) reply + / -
The mirror is very difficult to see, but use a flashlight and you will see. I had a film on the mirror, nothing seemed to work until I got out the alcohol prep pads. One of those and a long very skinny screwdriver was the answer. Cleaned it well, cleaned the glass the best I could, and it worked!

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters