fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

HP 4250n 41.3 unexpected paper size

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

HP 4250n 41.3 unexpected paper size by Tuftsbiomed (8/12/08 10:29 AM) reply + / -
When I go to print the printer comes out with an error "clearing paper path" 41.3 unexpected paper size in tray. I set the tray for the correct size and type of paper and I go into the menu and set the paper size and type of paper. I am using standard paper 8.5 * 11, plain paper.

No matter what I do this error come up. It will print one page and stop. Then error comes up. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: HP 4250n 41.3 unexpected paper size by Stephen (8/12/08 10:41 AM) reply + / -
Does the printer work when feeding from tray 2?

Is the printer feeding more than one sheet when you use tray 1? (do two sheets feed slightly overlapped)

The 41.3 is usually telling you that the printer thinks the paper fed in was longer than the size specified.

Re: HP 4250n 41.3 unexpected paper size by Tuftsbiomed (8/12/08 11:57 AM) reply + / -
I use tray 2 exclusively. But when I use tray 1, it will feed but tell me there is a mismatch in tray 2. It will repeatly print over and over again when using tray 1.

Re: HP 4250n 41.3 unexpected paper size by moe (8/12/08 5:09 PM) reply + / -
Print out a configuration page from the menu. It will tell you the paper sizes the printer thinks are loaded into the tray.

Re: Re: HP 4250n 41.3 unexpected paper size by Anonymous (8/14/08 4:16 AM) reply + / -
I printed out a config sheet and it saids that both trays 1 and 2 are set for letter. Paper tray is set for letter but it keeps coming up with that 41.3 error unexpected paper size.

Re: HP 4250n 41.3 unexpected paper size by laserphil (8/14/08 12:59 PM) reply + / -
is the bottom border missing on the config page?, i have had problems with the registration assy or the registration sensor causing this fault.

Re: HP 4250n 41.3 unexpected paper size by Yardman (5/11/09 8:17 AM) reply + / -
You will need to make sure that tray 2 is adjust correctly. Example, "tray is in LTR position." Also, change out the rollers above the tray and at the front of the tray. If this does not work, tray may need replacing or a spring/hardware broken from tray. Hope this helps.

Re: HP 4250n 41.3 unexpected paper size by tcholmes (5/12/09 2:59 PM) reply + / -
41.x

41 = Laser was shut down
.x = Why it was shut down
.1, .2, .4 = laser issue - replace laser
...HOWEVER

.3 & .5 = Paper timing issue.

Make sure tray one is configured for Letter (NOT Any)

Test paper from tray 1 & 2.

If you have problems from BOTH, then your problem is the Registration Assembly or the Registration Sensor (or flag) just after the registration rollers. Pull the toner out, and pull up the little green flag on the right - it's attached to the metal flap. Pull it all the way back, and look for the sensor flag in the center. (Its black-on-black, you'll have to look closely.)

Blow out the sensor very well. Probably use some canned air but careful not to freeze it - it might be difficult at that funny angle.

Try again, both trays. If the the printer is still feeding paper, but still having 41.3 errors from both trays 1 & 2, then you will probably have to replace the registration assembly. If that doesn't work, then replace the sensor.

You will probably need a service manual for either replacement.

TC

Re: HP 4250n 41.3 unexpected paper size by Matt@microtech (5/14/09 6:13 AM) reply + / -
try these steps but befor that make sure the document that you are trying to print is in fact the right size, this can be found under document properties, as i have seen many customer send a memo or A4 style and get error on there printer or copier

1 If the incorrect size was selected,
cancel the job or press ( HELP button)
to gain access to help.

2 Press ( UP ARROW button) and
(DOWN ARROW button to step through
the instructions.

3 Print a configuration page and verify
that the tray settings match the media
in the tray. See Configuration page.

4 Verify that the pre-feed, top-of-page,
and fuser delivery sensors
(PS102, PS103, PS108) are operating
and the sensor flags can move freely.
See Printer switches and sensors.

5 Replace the dc controller PCA. See
Dc controller PCA.

Hope this helps

Re: HP 4250n 41.3 unexpected paper size by rnunez (8/5/09 8:38 PM) reply + / -
my initial problem was it was jamming when i printed out the config page.first page would go through second would stopmidway through the fuser and last page would stop in the feed assbly right before getting to the registration assbly.I replaced the registration assbly,feed assbly, and DC Comtroller, then it started skewing the pages,and still jamming. Now i am getting the 41.3 error and mismatched paper in tray 2. oh and by the way i,ve swapped trays and the fuser and toner cartridge from another printer still having this problem

Re: HP 4250n 41.3 unexpected paper size by dmzcompute (8/5/09 8:44 PM) reply + / -
2 things to check. First is the selenoid for tray 2. Remove the cover by the switch and the selenoid is towards the bottom behind the housing for the gear assembly to the pickup roller. Now run a paper path test of one page and tell us if you only get one page or you get a second page feeding. If a second page the selenoid is sticking. The other item is the paper feed assembly behind tray 1. On the 4000 and 4050 series it the clutch on the right side of it was bad you would get the 41.3 error with extra sheets in the path.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters