fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

CLP-300 jamming all the time

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

CLP-300 jamming all the time by martine1212 (5/21/08 12:29 PM) reply + / -
I have a samsung CLp-300 that is not loading the paper and shows a jamming error all the time.

First the paper does not go into the drum...it stops just before entering the first set of rollers. I see nothing jammed or stopping the paper from going in.

The rubber roller that load the paper looks a bit dry....that is all.

Printing a demo page is not a problem....it always goes trough..but printing from the computer is a pain. It shoes that stupid error 8 out of 10 times before the paper finally goes trough and prints.

Can anybody tell me where the stupid sensor is..or how the fix it??

Repositioning Re: CLP-300 jamming all the time by athenevine (8/25/08 10:16 AM) reply + / -
As I have encountered this problem, I have repositioned the printer in conjunction with the surface upon which it rests. I have successfully printed about 7K pages although at this time my Printer Driver or Properties settings only permit Draft and grayscale modes. Perhaps the signal through this old affordable usb cable is limited? I have reinstalled the software though I have not uninstalled prior to install again.

Does repositioning your printer enhance stable performance? Please let me know. Thank you.

Repositioning Re: CLP-300 jamming all the time by athenevine (8/25/08 10:21 AM) reply + / -
As I have encountered this problem, I have repositioned the printer in conjunction with the surface upon which it rests. I have successfully printed about 7K pages although at this time my Printer Driver or Properties settings only permit Draft and grayscale modes. Perhaps the signal through this old affordable usb cable is limited? I have reinstalled the software though I have not uninstalled prior to install again.

Does repositioning your printer enhance stable performance? Please let me know. Thank you.

Re: CLP-300 jamming all the time by printerman60 (9/12/08 1:17 PM) reply + / -
check samsung website for update software, if any!
use a toothbrush and water to clean the rollers.

Re: CLP-300 jamming all the time by Jason Lambert (9/12/08 7:37 PM) reply + / -
I am having this same issue. I have moved the printer around and it does seem to affect it but for me it was in a bad way. Before only a few of the pages wouldn't print. Now all of them stop before entering the rollers.

Re: CLP-300 jamming all the time by mark654699 (9/25/08 11:35 AM) reply + / -
If your printer was manufactured before Jan of this year the paper pickup tyre (JC73-00211A)was probably probably fitted with the fine tread facing in the wrong direction. This caused premature wear and increased paper jams. Change the tyre and fit correctly. This will apply to CLP-300/350, CLX-2160/3160 models.

Re: CLP-300 jamming all the time by mladen82 (9/26/08 5:53 AM) reply + / -
probably roller rubber pick-up is the problem
what right facing for rubber toward paper is: 'rough side' or 'fine side'?
on most printers rubber is factory fitted with 'fine side' toward paper because friction is better
but problem occurs when rubber become streched

Re: CLP-300 jamming in rear all the time by zappullae (3/29/09 11:03 AM) reply + / -
I have a very low use CLP-300. The paper has started to jam every time in the same place. It makes it to the top rollers just before it goes out. I hear something that sounds like it hits the top rollers instead of going under them. I have to open the rear door and pull out the paper.

Re: Re: CLP-300 jamming in rear all the time by Jengineer (1/26/10 11:13 AM) reply + / -
I am having the same problem. I called Samsung but was out of warranty by 1 month. They told me the name of the part, but for what they quoted me, i just as soon buy an HP. Mine works about 20% of the time. Did you ever get yours going?

Re: CLP-300 jamming all the time by Anonymous (1/26/10 11:23 AM) reply + / -
Nope I never did. I'm dreading calling them and agree. For the price I would rather buy another. And it was hardly used!

Re: CLP-300 jamming all the time by Anonymous (3/9/10 11:58 AM) reply + / -
I have the same problem, I have found by placing the printer at an angle it works perfect. I use a lever arch file!

Re: Re: CLP-300 jamming all the time by jengineer (3/9/10 12:11 PM) reply + / -
By angle - do you mean 'tilted' and if so, up in the front or rear and what is a 'level arch file'?

Re: CLP-300 jamming all the time by printerman60 (3/10/10 12:33 PM) reply + / -
this is not uncommon with clp 300.
we did the toothbrush and water, to clean the residual paper dust off the roller, otherwise, it needs a new roller..access from rear of print.

Re: CLP-300 jamming all the time by Miranda L (4/8/10 3:04 AM) reply + / -
I just thought i'd write this quickly, incase i can help anyone else out.
Had this printer for almost 2 yrs now, stopped using it after the first year. Went back to it about 6 months ago and it wouldnt print anything.
Today I really needed to sort it out because I bought a new imac and wanted to connect it to a printer.
Been looking through the internet all today trying to work out what was wrong.
Symptoms were: red light on after attempting to print, roller seemed to attempt to pick up paper but then couldn't pull it through.
The toner waste bottle was completely full, so I washed that out and made sure it was completely dry before putting back.
Then I sprayed a lot of wd40 on the far end of the top piece of paper, then it rolled through.
However after that, paper would still not come through!
Took the paper tray out, turned the printer upside down & put a decent amount of wd40 on a paper towel and wiped all of the roller, the clips around it as well in case they were stiff.
Don't know if its just cos of being upside down, or if the wd40 actually worked, but it is NOW PRINTING!!
Hope this helps someone!

Re: CLP-300 jamming all the time by g.b. (4/24/10 10:21 PM) reply + / -
I have that same problem. I found that certain papers will not feed, 99% of the time. I changed to different paper brand, thickeness etc and it works 100% of the time now. It was driving me NUTS.......i'm so happy that it likes this paper now. I"m using 25lbs white laser paper STaples store brand. It's perfect now.

Re: CLP-300 jamming all the time by Anonymous (4/25/10 6:25 AM) reply + / -
I'll give it a go! Thanks for the help!

Re: CLP-300 jamming all the time by rohmell (edited 4/25/10 7:33 AM) reply + / -
Be careful when using WD-40. The majority of it is a type of solvent, with a little bit of mineral oil added. The rollers have been cleaned by the solvent, so now you paper will feed fine, but after it evaporates, the mineral oil will be left behind, thus making the roller slippery again, and the oil might also attack the rubber rollers.
A better substance to use is rubber rejuvenator, which is sold on this site.

Re: CLP-300 jamming all the time by mehowee (7/4/11 4:22 AM) reply + / -
I've had this problem where the paper was jamming in the tray and at the exit. Look through other people's posts I tried various methods to get it working again (spraying pressurized air onto rollers, tilting at the angle). However the one method that helped was by applying pressure on the heat module lid, this was the paper fed through without a problem, not much of a solution but it worked for me.

Re: CLP-300 jamming all the time by kenman (10/6/11 12:54 PM) reply + / -
I was having the same problem. I opened the back and removed the two plastic black clips on the roller bar. Now it prints fine. No more jams.

Re: CLP-300 jamming all the time by printprint (11/13/11 8:50 PM) reply + / -

Super EZ fix for CLP300 paper tray feed slippage by printprint (11/13/2011 8:47 PM) reply + / -
fix for when printer doesn't feed from tray when half-full. Rubber feed roller slips on paper.

Here is a solution that took me 2 minutes and works great.

Remove whole imaging unit from machine and place imaging unit in dark place- box. Remove paper tray.

Flip printer over and the issue is the large black rubber eccentric cam thingy in the back. It supposed to spin and grabs the sheet off the top but slips.

You'll need a small piece of flexible plastic inch long x 1/4" x 1/16" thick. I used a scrap of zip-tie (not hole-end) bent in an u-shape.

Take something pointy- small flat screwdriver works good-- and lift up an edge of the black rubber on the cam roller and shove the zip-tie scrap under the large black rubber band. This must be done somewhat gently. make sure the zip-tie piece is centered and the u-shape goes over the eccentric cam hump.

So, basically, you've created a little bump under the rubber feed band, effectively bringing it into firmer contact w/ the paper when it rotates.

Sounds complicated, but easy to try --and reverse, need be. Took longer to type this than to do the fix!

Re: CLP-300 jamming all the time by vandi (11/19/11 8:17 PM) reply + / -
I have had the same trouble, paper starts to go through, then the roller doesn't grab it to feed it through. I applied WD40 to the roller as someone suggested and it just printed a page !! thank you ! I have a CLP-300 and have had it for 4 years. I'm so happy !

Re: Re: CLP-300 jamming all the time by cskotecha (2/24/12 8:18 PM) reply + / -
Thank you! Your solution of turning around the rubber band on the pickup roller worked! My Samsung CLP-300 does not jam anymore when it was jamming every time before!

Here's how:

Remove paper tray
Unplug
Turn printer on side
Open back cover
From the back, use two flat head screwdrivers to depress white retaining clips on paper feed roller assembly
From under the front, use finger of third hand to push free white U (that the band is on)
Remove band and turn around
Replace band and reinstall
Works great!

Thank you again!

NOTE: I did not use WD40, change paper type, or remove any clips (not recommended)

God bless and happy printing!
Chris

Re: CLP-300 jamming all the time by CallUpChuck (6/22/12 9:19 AM) reply + / -
The unit I am working on is the clx3160fn, but the similarities between models is such that I felt my question would work here as well.

I've just changed the pickup roller, and am still having pickup issues. I don't even see the pickup roller turn when I am notified of the paper jam. Could I have misaligned something (gears) when I put it back together?

I had one sheet feed through when trying to pinpoint the cause of the issue; but nothing since.

Any thoughts, or ideas?

Re: CLP-300 jamming all the time by isohexanol (7/8/12 8:56 AM) reply-1 + / -
Excellent solution by user printprint. Wasn't too sure about it, but it worked! Thanks a lot!

Re: Re: CLP-300 jamming all the time by martinpm (edited 8/28/12 11:21 PM) reply + / -
Thank you printprint

What a simple, logical, inexpensive, effective, common-sense solution!

Makes such perfect sense ... The rubber has shrunk ... so pack it out a bit. (I used a flat blade screwdriver to lift the rubber band and then I slid a small piece of cardboard the width of the roller underneath it.)

Worked brilliantly!

Re: CLP-300 jamming all the time by iCoPuLaTe (3/7/13 1:01 AM) reply + / -
Well, i have tried taking out that black rubber, turn it around, shift in here & there, raise it but to no avail...

Paper will only go in bout 2 inch then red status light lit up & stop.

*Counted 2 inch from the bottom papers that are there.

It seems that the roller stop moving? Any thoughts?

Service center quote me $80.25 for inspection fee before any workmanship & parts which it way high.

Help.

Re: CLP-300 jamming all the time by firemtn (3/11/13 11:55 AM) reply + / -

Hi, Are there any instructions on how to remove main rubber paper roller on Samsung CLP 300? I have a replacement roller but, out of fear of damaging parts, I am having trouble figuring out how to remove the roller from the white shaft. 209-533-3473. Thanks Rich

The OKI printer I have had an easy change out and works fine with new roller, so I am sure the new Samsung roller will solve my problem.

Re: CLP-300 jamming all the time by jazzsong (4/1/13 12:50 PM) reply + / -
Dear printprint,

I placed the plastic piece under the take-up roller as you suggested and it worked at first but then stalled in picking up the paper 1/2 way through the paper tray. I then turned the machine on it's side and cleaned the 4 small grey rollers with a rag and lighter fluid and now it works great. The small rollers were caked in a shiny smooth, black film of dirt and whatever.

Re: CLP-300 jamming all the time by jazzsongs (4/1/13 12:52 PM) reply + / -
Dear printprint,

I placed the plastic piece under the take-up roller as you suggested and it worked at first but then stalled in picking up the paper 1/2 way through the paper tray. I then turned the machine on it's side and cleaned the 4 small grey rollers with a rag and lighter fluid and now it works great. The small rollers were caked in a shiny smooth, black film of dirt and whatever.

Re: CLP-300 jamming all the time by philly5706 (4/1/13 1:01 PM) reply + / -
Lighter fluid? LOL. Watch and see the rollers dissolve.

Re: CLP-300 jamming all the time by jazzsongs (4/1/13 1:11 PM) reply + / -
Maybe I should have used Comet instead. Mildly abrasive, cleans well. Lighter fluid will dissolve rubber?

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters