fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Ghost Image - HP Color LaserJet 1600

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Ghost Image - HP Color LaserJet 1600 by cmbhightech (2/7/08 8:40 AM) reply + / -
I'm getting ghosting (lighter repeats of images going down the page that shouldn't be there). Have a new (black) cartridge installed (this occurs with black print jobs). Don't see a drum I can clean/wipe. Have also employed auto cleaning function, didn't help. Suggestions? Thank you!!

Re: Ghost Image - HP Color LaserJet 1600 by Stephen (2/8/08 5:17 AM) reply + / -
The drums are in the toner cartridges.

This is not likely to be a drum problem, but it could be a cartridge problem.

It also could be the fuser.

I saw a 2600N this week with repetitive defects caused by the fuser, that printer had a low page count.

Measure the distance between the start of the good print and the start of the ghost and post it.

ST

Re: Ghost Image - HP Color LaserJet 1600 by cmbhightech (2/8/08 7:43 AM) reply + / -
Thanks for your response.
From the top of the first (original) image to the top of the ghost image is 2.25 inches.
CB

Re: Ghost Image - HP Color LaserJet 1600 by Stephen (2/8/08 8:34 AM) reply + / -
The drums are in the toner cartridges.

This is not likely to be a drum problem, but it could be a cartridge problem.

It also could be the fuser.

I saw a 2600N this week with repetitive defects caused by the fuser, that printer had a low page count.

Measure the distance between the start of the good print and the start of the ghost and post it.

ST

Re: Ghost Image - HP Color LaserJet 1600 by cmbhightech (2/8/08 8:45 AM) reply + / -
This is the same as what you posted earlier...thanks, but any new thoughts/information on what I need to do? What does the measuring of the images accomplish or point to?
CB

Re: Ghost Image - HP Color LaserJet 1600 by jdcochran (2/13/08 12:04 PM) reply + / -
I have the same problem. Would like to know what part to replace.

Re: Ghost Image - HP Color LaserJet 1600 by cmbhightech (2/13/08 12:10 PM) reply + / -
When I changed out my black cartridge for a new one, it did not relieve the problem.

Re: Ghost Image - HP Color LaserJet 1600 by jdcochran (2/13/08 12:14 PM) reply + / -
I think its the fuser but i also heard it might be a transfer roller. I want to make sure I get the right part. I get it on more than just black so I assumed all the cartridges couldn't be bad.

Re: Ghost Image - HP Color LaserJet 1600 by Joe Gremlin (2/26/08 9:15 PM) reply + / -
My HP 2600 is has the same problem. The ghosts are exactly 2.25" apart. If anyone has a solution or can tell me which part (if any) I need to replace I'd appreciate the help.

Re: Re: Ghost Image - HP Color LaserJet 1600 by Anonymous (2/28/08 10:47 AM) reply + / -
I service HP printers for the University of Vermont and have seen this imaging problem on several 1600 printers. That 2.25" spacing is fuser film related. I have replaced fuser assemblies in the off-warranty printers and so far that has seemed to work. The ghosting is worse with test pages that have the heavy black bars with the print. Over time the fuser films get extremely toner-dirty. Also run the firmware update for the 1600 from HP.com.

Re: Ghost Image - HP Color LaserJet 1600 by cmbhightech (2/28/08 11:37 AM) reply + / -
Yaaaayyyy!!! An answer to the problem. Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

Re: Ghost Image - HP Color LaserJet 1600 by ercnk (2/28/08 1:00 PM) reply + / -
Printer gives me "door open" error. What does it mean ? any suggestion thanks

Re: Ghost Image - HP Color LaserJet 1600 by dbrown (3/5/08 6:54 AM) reply + / -
Same "door open" error here. Have gone over the printer. Opened all doors and closed them. Reseated all print cartridges. Pulled out bottom feed tray to check for loose paper, and closed. Sensor malfunction maybe?

Re: Ghost Image - HP Color LaserJet 1600 by Anonymous (3/6/08 3:18 AM) reply + / -
i replace fuser assy, and its fix the problem.After 2 months the problem is back.

Re: Re: Ghost Image - HP Color LaserJet 1600 by Lasermoose (3/14/08 1:11 PM) reply + / -
There is a firmware update to do that change values on the DC controller and correct the ghosting problem. I had this problem several times with machines that have low page count(sometimes 2000 pages) and it instantly correct the problem.

Re: Ghost Image - HP Color LaserJet 1600 by dbrown (3/15/08 7:17 AM) reply + / -
This may have been a fluke.
I unplugged the power cable. Then opened the front access door, while holding down the cancel button, I plugged the power back in. Still holding the cancel button, I closed the front panel door. The readout screen went from "resetting" to "Initializing...", then I release the cancel button.
After it finished powering back up the error light went away.
Now I'm printing again. Hope this helps someone else.

Re: Re: Re: Ghost Image - HP Color LaserJet 1600 by Anonymous (3/16/08 3:34 AM) reply + / -
How do I replcae the fuser, and what is the part number on hte HP color laserjet 1600. I have the same problem and it is now developed to a serious stain on the side of the page.

Re: Re: Re: Ghost Image - HP Color LaserJet 1600 by Anonymous (4/20/08 3:22 PM) reply + / -
We clean, calibrated, and downloaded the firmware. The printer worked for a day and the ghost images appeared again. Then a few days later, another employee reported the same problem with their HPCLJ 1600; then a week later, another employee reported the same problem...are these junk printers? We have two more...just waiting for those employees to report the same problem. Help...

Re: Ghost Image - HP Color LaserJet 1600 by ercnk (4/22/08 1:12 AM) reply + / -
Reason of the door open problem is a switch which is located on the top left corner of the printer.To reach this switch you must remove the left cover.that switch must be stuck in place.

Re: Ghost Image - HP Color LaserJet 1600 by Anonymous (12/18/08 2:32 PM) reply + / -
I just fixed the ghost problem by replacing the fuser on a 2600n. you need to check the repetitive defect ruler. I used a dial caliper to check because the etb and fuser are soo close, I couldn't tell with a normal ruler that only goes down to a 1/16".

24.7 mm (0.97 inch) Developer sleeve
26.7 mm (1.05 inches) Charge roller
32.9 mm (1.3 inches) RS roller
37.7 mm (1.48 inches) Transfer roller
54.5 mm (2.15 inches) ETB rollers
56.6 mm (2.22 inches) Fuser sleeve
62.8 mm (2.47 inches) Pressure roller
75.4 mm (2.97 inches) OPC

I also did the firmware update that fixes minor ghosting as well.

just wanted to backup what some other people are saying.

Re: Ghost Image - HP Color LaserJet 2600 by tectus1 (4/16/09 8:36 AM) reply + / -
Is anyone aware of a dc controller firmware update (and where it can be downloaded from) for the CLJ 2600. I'm having the same ghosting with it and have updated firmware, replaced fuser, black cartridge and cleaned transfer belt with little or no effect. I've also changed changed settings for: mottle, print mode for transfer and fuser.

Re: Ghost Image - HP Color LaserJet 1600 by domino760 (2/2/10 3:53 PM) reply + / -
"Door Open"
All 3 sensor flags move freely.
All sensors plugged in.
Front door shut.
No additional errors.
Only parts still off printer are L-shape cage for circuit board, back metal panel,and right and left panels...I've tried putting the right and left panels back on with no change...WTF?

Re: Ghost Image - HP Color LaserJet 1600 by Mads Molgaard (1/11/12 7:59 AM) reply + / -
I also have a ghost problem, but not down the page, but rather next to what is printed, and only if i print in color setting.
If i go into the setting & tell it to print in grayscale, it prints fine, but if i just print normal, it does not matter if it is black or color text, it is like each point is slightly move a 1/4" to the right of the original.
Anyone have a solution for this or know what could be the problem?

Re: Ghost Image - HP Color LaserJet 1600 by thecarnivale (4/14/14 6:31 PM) reply + / -
That sounds lke an alignment issue with the color cartridge. I could be wrong but I have seen it many times.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters