fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Brother HL-2070N Paper light flashing.

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Brother HL-2070N Paper light flashing. by JonathonC (1/12/08 12:43 AM) reply + / -
Just received a Brother HL-2070N from work, being thrown out. Apparently, they think the problem is to do with the printer tray or the sensors in it. The red paper light constantly flashes when I switch it on.

The front flap is missing at the moment, i need to order a replacement. However, I have covered or pressed the sensors it pushes when the flap is closed to emulate it's presence.

Any help would be much appreciated as I am unable to print on this printer currently.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Brother HL-2070N Paper light flashing. by Anonymous (1/14/08 11:48 AM) reply + / -
I was having the same problem. I tried holding down the power button. The various LED lights flash in several patterns and finally the paper light goes off and the ready light comes on. It's printing just fine once again...worth a try.

Re: Brother HL-2070N Paper light flashing. by Anonymous (8/5/08 7:09 PM) reply + / -
I'm currently having the same problem

Re: Brother HL-2070N Paper light flashing. by Anonymous (10/18/08 12:35 AM) reply + / -
Me too, but nothing is working. I'veven opened it up

Re: Brother HL-2070N Paper light flashing. by Anonymous (10/20/08 5:34 AM) reply + / -
Same issue. I once got it working by opening things up and closing them again. Now the same problem. It seems to be a very common failure.

Re: Re: Brother HL-2070N Paper light flashing. by Anonymous (10/20/08 5:50 AM) reply + / -
From the Brother web site
http://welcome.solutions.brother.com
The last one (clean drum unit) fixed it for me!!!

Try this
[LED Indication]

The Paper LED is flashing.

Meaning of LED Indication
Front cover is open:
Close the front cover of the printer.

Back cover is open:
Close the back cover of the printer.

Paper jam:
Clear the paper jam. To see paper jams and how to clear them, click here. If the printer does not start printing, press the Go button.

No paper fed manual feed slot:
Put the paper back in the manual feed slot.

Memory full:
The printer memory is full and the printer cannot print full pages of a document. To solve this problem, click here.

Print overrun:
A print overrun occurred and the printer cannot print full pages of a document. To solve this problem, click here.

Clean drum unit:
The corona wire needs to be cleaned. To see how to clean the corona wire, click here.

*****This last one was what fixed it for me*****

Re: Brother HL-2070N Paper light flashing. by Anonymous (6/25/09 9:20 AM) reply + / -
yea thts cool

Re: Brother HL-2070N Paper light flashing. by Mike in Chicago (4/18/11 7:29 PM) reply + / -
I was incredibly frustrated by this "paper" light flashing as well.

What fixed it was the last one - the Clean drum unit: The corona wire needs to be cleaned. To see how to clean the corona wire, click here.

That is what solved it for me.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters