fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Samsung CLP-300 reset chip

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by roghani (11/12/07 1:33 PM) reply + / -
How is possible to reset Samsung CLP-300 toner chip?

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by South_Raven (1/17/08 5:04 PM) reply + / -
Yes, they can be reset. You need a serial interface that can be made pretty cheap and also hex editing and programming software. Depends on what type of chips are on the cartridges though. If its OEM then buy one of the easily available kits with chips and most of them can be reprogrammed easier.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by JohnK_UK (1/23/08 2:32 PM) reply + / -
Hi,
I am looking to reprogram the chips for my CLP300. I am quite happy and comfortable with creating a serial interface and with the hex programming.
However I wondered if you could provide some specifics? Such as what pins of the serial interface connect to what points on the chip and the data that much be written.
I am looking at programming after-market chips.
Does a chip programmer already exist on the market which can be purchased?

Your help is much appreciated!

Regards

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by South_Raven (1/23/08 4:16 PM) reply + / -
I got the software from here http://www.lancos.com/prog.html and made the serial interface from this page http://www.chiprecharge.com/hardeng.html

Hope that helps. I have also completely torn down my clp-300 and am working on a tutorial that will help in cleaning the developer housings up in case you wind up like I did and get a bad batch of toner and have to clean things out and start over.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by JohnK_UK (1/24/08 10:36 AM) reply + / -
Hi,
Thank-you for the link above - I think I'll have to get down to Maplin and buy a few bits n bobs!

Just a couple of questions if you have time...

1) Did you make the very simple one (LPT without the diodes) or one of the more complicated COM port ones? I am thinking I will have to use LPT as the COM port never seems to work on my machine! :(

2) What are you using to hold the eeprom in place whilst programming to remain a contact with its pins? ie - What are you using at the end of your "wires" that is small enough to "attach" to the pins of the eeprom?

3) When looking at the chip, how would one know which is the correct orientation of the eeprom?

Thank-you for your help so far - it is certainly very much appreciated!!

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by South_Raven (1/24/08 11:26 AM) reply + / -
Actually, I used the diagram located on the 3rd picture down the page located here http://www.chiprecharge.com/images/siprogeng.jpg
Its a very simple serial connection. Parts used consisted of a 5VDC adapter, 2 x 5.1V Zener Diodes (1N4733A), 2 x 1/4w 2.2k Ohm 2% resistors, an old db-9 serial cable, a piece of perfboard, and the copper pins from and old telco m-m connector.

I cut the perfboard to fit the circular guard that surrounds the driven gear on the cartridges. Then I took the copper pins and bent them to act as contacts on the back of the cartridge so that all I had to do was lay the perfboard on the back of the cartridge when I wanted to reset or reprogram the chips. The rest of the parts were laid out and soldered onto the perfboard to follow the schematic in the picture. Lastly the ac adapter and serial cable were soldered to the appropriate contacts on the perfboard.

All total took me about an hour to fabricate mine and about 10 minutes to figure out the settings for the chips in the software.

If you look at the business end of one of the cartridges and hold it so that the gear is facing you and the toner dispense tube is at the 12:00 position the contacts will be towards the 3:00 position. The contacts are as follows,

Top Left = Data
Bottom Left = Clock
Top Right = +5 VDC
Bottom Right = Gnd

That's pretty much all there is to it. Once you get to where you can read the chips then you can tell the differences between the colors and also see what has to be edited in order to reset the chips. Note: You will probably not get consistent data by reading the OEM chips and you won't be able to reset them obviously.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by JohnK_UK (1/24/08 2:15 PM) reply + / -
Hi,
Cheers for that - that certainly has been a great help!!
I'll have to get down to Maplin though now and get hold of some perfboard (good idea by the way, lol!), zener diodes and 2.2kOhm resistors! From what you say above, it seems you do not have to actually connect to the PINS of the eeprom, more just the four contacts on the chip!?

I am gonna have to try and find somewhere other than Maplin I think actually as they don't seem to sell a few of the things needed! :(

I'll keep you updated on progress anyway!!

Thanks again - you've been a massive help!

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by roghani (1/25/08 3:27 AM) reply + / -
Thanks you guys specially South_Raven for very helpful information.

More questions if you have enough time.

1- Should Ground(s) on siprogeng.jpg be connected to each other and to -5V of adapter?

2- Which version of PonyProg did you use?

3- Did you select "I2C Bus 8bit eeprom -> 24XX Auto" from Device menu?

4- Also in the Setup... option did you select "SI Prog API" (under Serial)? And what about "Select Polarity of the Control lines" in the same box?

5- You say its not possible to reset CLP-300 OEM chips with this device and software? i.e. only after market chips are resetable?

Thank you again. More help will be appreciated very much!

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by South_Raven (1/25/08 5:28 AM) reply + / -
Ground on pin 5 of the DB-9 serial cable, the cathode of the zeners, the bottom right contact for the chip pcb (as viewed in the above instructions), and the ground of the 5VDC adapter, are all tied together as a common ground in this circuit.

The +5VDC from the adapter goes to the contact on the top right of the chip's pcb as viewed above.

The version of PonyProg I am using is 2.07a. I haven't tried his latest release yet. The settings used are I2C bus 8bit eeprom and most all of the aftermarket chips I have seen are 2402. In the serial setup if you have the adapter built and turned on but not connected to a chip it should test ok if you click the probe button. The settings I have are Serial and SI Prog API and no other boxes are checked.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by JohnK_UK (1/26/08 3:14 AM) reply + / -
Hey,
Well, I've made an attempt at making one and guess what... it doesn't work! :( - I failed, lol! :)

I can plug it into the com port, press probe, and it says ok (even with no power plugged in) however if I try and read anything it says device not found. One thing is though, I was finding it difficult to locate a 5v DC adapter so am using 4.5 instead - would this matter? I can't imagine 5v adapters having an error margin much less that 0.5V can they?

Any suggestions???

cheers for the help so far!!

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by South_Raven (1/26/08 6:03 AM) reply + / -
More than likely you either have the pin out on the serial cable switched male vs. female views or all the ground points in the circuit aren't tied together like they need to be. Do you have your contacts for the chip's pcb in the right order?

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Anonymous (1/28/08 9:23 PM) reply + / -
Great - i've been searching für a solution for a long time ;)

für 5V and GND you also can taka a USB Cable ;)

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by South_Raven (1/29/08 5:46 AM) reply + / -
You probably could but I haven't tried USB with PonyProg yet to see if it works that way.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by JohnK_UK (1/30/08 3:46 PM) reply + / -
Hey,
I have had a little play around tonight and... have got it working!!! At the same time I changed the power supply from the DC adaptor to a USB lead (using just the red and black) so I don't have to use a wall socket.
I have read the old yellow chip, read and new yellow chip (already bought it) and then wrote the new to the old. One thing I found is that the contacts have to be pretty solid else you end up with a "hardware/bus error". I am going to purchase some small bulldog clips tomorrow hopefully and clip the wires to the chip from now on so as to get a good connection. It means taking the chip off the cart each time of course but seeing as it's only once now and again that you need to reset the chip, I can live with it!

I haven't got the other colour chips to read the brand new setup from however from the looks of things if you just set all the top bits to 1 (well, the words to FF) and similarly with some around the middle then you are along the right tracks?

I'll post a bit of an update soon but it's late now and I'm up for work early, lol!

I'd just like to say thank-you very much for the help you all have given - it is very much appreciated!!! :D

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by South_Raven (1/30/08 5:14 PM) reply + / -
Congratualtions JohnK_UK. I might get around to trying the latest version of PonyProg and also converting to USB as well.

I'm also working on an instruction guide for a teardown, cleanup and repair of these printers. I went through a bout with a bad batch of toner that really screwed mine up and had to literally tear it apart, clean it out and rebuild it. Despite the machines compact design it's not that bad to rebuild or repair. Of course I have pretty heavy use of mine but it needed to be cleaned up anyway. In the 2 months that I have had this printer I have went through 6 full sets of toners and average about 12% coverage. Needless to say it was pretty dirty inside even without the bad toners.

As a helpfull suggestion, read all of your hex files that you get from all four colors. You'll see the 4 places that it uses to identify each color. Don't pay as much attention to the ASCII though as it can be misleading. Apparently it does distinguish between HEX 00 & FF and are not read the same. To get the machine to think it is a new cartridge change the date and also the crum number and clear anything to HEX 00 on all the lines but the 8 that are obvious.

Once I get screenshots of sample code and the rebuild tutorial I will post them somewhere that they can be of use.

And also, if anyone feels the need, donations are accepted!

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by South_Raven (edited 1/30/08 6:14 PM) reply + / -
Managed to post a few screen shots of the hex. This should help in creating your own hex. Remember to change the crum number and the date to simulate a new cartridge.

Black http://codepyle.110mb.com/Samsung/clp300/k.gif
Cyan http://codepyle.110mb.com/Samsung/clp300/c.gif
Magenta http://codepyle.110mb.com/Samsung/clp300/m.gif
Yellow http://codepyle.110mb.com/Samsung/clp300/y.gif
Also managed to post an inage of the aftermarket chip pcb showing the contact and their assignment.
http://codepyle.110mb.com/Samsung/clp300/contacts.jpg

Enjoy!

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by ben10 (1/31/08 12:10 AM) reply + / -
Thank you South Raven/John K for your informative posts. I am interested in doing this as well.

I can't access your gif's above; it says forbidden. Could you post them somewhere else please?

Ben

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by johnk_uk (1/31/08 5:10 AM) reply + / -
Hi,
I am also getting the forbidden notice.

I'm hoping to make another device after the weekend but a lot neater and mounted in a plastic casing with longer wires etc, ie, something that can be connected to the computer and left there without the risk of getting snagged and broken!

Unfortunately I cannot read fresh files for cyan and magenta as I don't have new chips for these however I will quite happily post the files for black and yellow if anyone is interested? That way, rather than editing the chip data before uploading, you can just upload the corresponding file.

South Raven - if you need any help on any further developments then feel free to contact me - I'm not an hardware expert by any means (I did a microcontrollers module in my Computer Science degree but that's about it) but I might be able to help with some aspects and perhaps some programming if required
Cheers!!

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by ben10 (1/31/08 10:04 AM) reply + / -
Hi,

I have a full set of new chips (non-samsung) just purchased and will post them up as soon as i can read them. They are european chips (will not work in US and vica versa)

I just bought a set of these; item # 220196122192 on Ebay; should be ideal for clipping to the chips and color coded

May try and build the parallel interface as have the cable already

Ben

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Klauss (1/31/08 11:46 AM) reply + / -
Hi,

Clicking on the provided links, in fact, I also got a "forbidden" message but copying/pasting the links to the internet navigator (Firefox) it worked.

But I need more details: when you say "change the date and also the crum number and clear anything to HEX 00 on all the lines but the 8 that are obvious"...

What is CRUM? Apparently the four digits after CRUM- are 2 for the year and 2 for the month. Is it right? And the rest? What should be written there?

Thanks. Klauss.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by South_Raven (1/31/08 11:49 AM) reply + / -
Try this and see if it comes up. Made a quick page of the hex dumps on new cartridges.

http://codepyle.110mb.com/Samsung/clp300/index.html

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by JohnK_UK (1/31/08 1:04 PM) reply + / -
Cheers for those - are the top sections necessary though (000000-000030)? I read some new ones I have and there is no section at the top, just 000080-0000B0.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by South_Raven (1/31/08 1:44 PM) reply + / -
Keep in mind that this is from a set of US cartridges. Bits 01h, 11h, 1Bh apparently all represent the cartridge color and this is why the cartridges aren't interchangable. The same sequence is duplicated again beginning with 80h. These also show the format and place for the date in the form of th year and the month and the crum number as well. To get them to behave as a new cartridge clear all the other data by editing the hex and filling with 00h and change the date and the crum number. If you don't change the date and the year then if you reinsert the cartridge the printer will rewrite the old usage data back into the chip and you won't see any changes in the smartpanel. I use mine until the printer detects the toner level getting lower than normal in the developer housing and triggers a toner delivery problem and then eventually it will give you a message in the smartpanel that the toner cartridge is invalid.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Berny_AB (2/1/08 5:45 AM) reply + / -
nice to hear your great results

btw. the post about USB came from me but maybe it might also be possible do take 5V direct from LPT Port

I've seen it on other Programmer scematics
Conected pin 4,5,6,7,8 together with 220 Ohm Resistors on each pin and a 47uF cap between GND and PWR line to get constant voltage separation

Does anybode tested this very easy programmer shematic?

http://www.chiprecharge.com/images/lptprogeng.jpg

I've not tested it myself yet

I think CRUM Nr. is something like a serial number and the first 4 digits stand für Year an Month of Production

The rest of digits you could change as you would i think...

But don't forget to edit upper and lower Codes as the same values!!!

at the Yellow hex over there
http://codepyle.110mb.com/Samsung/clp300/index.html
might be a failure on the first 4 CRUM digits - they don't match to Date Code...

If possible post some other read Hex codes to verify

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by JohnK_UK (2/1/08 9:06 AM) reply + / -
Crum number appears to be anything - I just put in a random first two digits and it works fine.
I've also made a little box for the resetter this afternoon and mounted everything along with a little guide glued to the top. I've even stuck an old LED I had lying around onto the +5V to give a nice power light. :) - I'm quite proud, haha!!

http://img297.imageshack.us/my.php?image=01022008226sb8.jpg

It's a lot more messy inside, trust me!

Just to confirm, I'm using the DB9 schematic with USB providing solely the +5V.

As for the hex codes, the UK versions do not need the duplication - they only need the second series (or at least it appears with my chips - all reset and tested working fine like this). Just be sure to change the date/crum number as I found this affected it. I believe you can use any values.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by ben10 (2/1/08 11:37 AM) reply + / -
Hi,

Got mine to work using LPT and two-transistor interface (dunno why I went this way; I guess because I already had the parallel lead and DB25.) I'm no electronics guru but there seemed to be a lot of literature precedent on the internet for the use of that lancos two-transistor interface

http://www.lancos.com/e2p/easyI2Cbus.gif

and none for the Russian 'two resistor' interface (if it weren't necessary to isolate the port in this way then why would they bother to?)

USB port is providing 5v supply.

I bought a set of compatible chips; here's a screen dump of the black one. I may post screen dumps of the others if anyone wants them.

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/5742/blackcompatibleol8.jpg

Any comments anyone?

Ben

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by ben10 (2/1/08 11:45 AM) reply-1 + / -

Could someone please explain from the above screen dump which bits are indicating the cartridge is full and what it would look like when the cart. was empty?

Ben

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by ben10 (2/1/08 11:47 AM) reply + / -

PS I should point out this chip is brand new and has never been inserted into the printer

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by ben10 (2/1/08 12:32 PM) reply + / -
Original Samsung black low yield cartridge which came with printer from new (has been used quite a bit)

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/9130/blackoriginallowyieldjv5.jpg

Seems to have no CRUM, date etc.

Can anyone tell how full it is from this hex?

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by JohnK_UK (2/1/08 1:30 PM) reply + / -
Why bother seeing exactly how empty it is? Just reset it to full when the printer thinks it is empty.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by South_Raven (2/1/08 2:23 PM) reply + / -
I haven't tried to decipher the hex to determine the usage pattern that is written to the cartridge. I have been mainly interested in just resetting it and keeping toner in it. With the volume we have I usually reset it about twice a week and refill it once a week. We are averaging 12% coverage with what we print.

I'm wondering what would happen if you were to just clear all the data from the (chip fill it with 00h) and insert it into the printer what would happen. After all, when you first get the printer new in the box the starter cartridges do not have chips on them.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Berny_AB (2/2/08 8:47 AM) reply + / -
Right first cartridges doesn't have a chip on it

That's also for me a bit anoying

Why does the printer recognice the cartridge???

You can't put in the cartridge wrong so the colour code is nearly useless

i've read on an other forum some time ago that the printer locks if it can't recognice new incomint toner

maybe it setup first after first toner cartridges are empty

the counter seems to be in printer and not in Cartridge chip

so it only recognice a new toner cartridge and reset the status in itselfes

cartridge chips arn't intelligent enough but the printer i think

i'd be interested what happens if you exchange an olt cartridge to an new one and after that put old cartridge back in it

if the printer doesn't recognice the CRUM Nr. or any value inside the chip it may also work with old cartridge after exchange too

maybe it would be also possible to reset the cartridge status direct in Printer over a software like it works with some old Epson Ink Printers

If Printer is really inteligent and can lock a cartridge could be also possible to unlick :D

Please post all done hex dumps and a picture of the used third party chip

if possible a dump of a brand new original and the same used (empty) original cartridge

I don't think that anything will change

if possible do the same with third Party chip

there are some different chips on market - so this could be very interesting to find out what's differences and what exactly happens

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by JohnK_UK (2/2/08 9:37 AM) reply + / -
I don't believe you can re-use the same brand new dump over and over without first changing the crum number. I think the crum is similar to a MAC address for normal hardware - ie, "unique" to the chip. As said above, I think the counter is in the printer and not the cart as you can wipe a cart and the printer still thinks it only has a low amount in it until you change the crum number.
Had anyone tried changing only the crum and leaving everything else in tact?

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by South_Raven (2/2/08 9:57 AM) reply + / -
Actually I have. If you keep the same crum number then the printer just thinks it has removed and reinserted. I have been resetting the crum and date though and not just the crum by itself. I have been using 2 hex files with each color and just programming back & forth between them. The printer only keeps track of the current cartridge and has no memory of the previous one. I think the counter and other usage data is in the printer as well. The only real data I see getting written into the cartridge is when you first install it and then again when it disables it.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Berny_AB (2/3/08 2:25 AM) reply + / -
If i understand it right it may be enough to take two chips for every colour an only exchange the chip after the cratridge is empty

is this right?

So the best solution for me would be if i buy 1 new cartridge set and setup a chip on the cartridges which comes with the printer and even exchange/refill empty and exchange

for example:

Cartridge 1: cartridge which comes with the printer + third party Chip

Cartridge 2: new original cartridge

Cartridge 1 empty - Cartridge 2 (new)
Cartridge 2 empty - cartridge 1 (refilled)
Cartridge 1 empty - Cartridge 2 (refilled)
Cartridge 2 empty - Cartridge 1 (refilled)

So i don't have to edit Crum or anything inside chip

Is this right or do i get wrong???

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by JohnK_UK (2/3/08 1:16 PM) reply + / -
Once the cart is empty it will write this to the chip. I'm not sure how you would go on swapping between two though and doing it before it's empty... could be an option...?

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Anonymous (2/3/08 2:55 PM) reply + / -
swap before it's empty is for sure a option ;)

I've thought that Status is saved in printer and not in Cartridge - so the printer remember the CRUM or anything like that and don't write something to the chip on the Cartridge

That's why it would be good to have a hex from one and the same cartridge when it is brand new and when it's empty ;)

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by ben10 (2/4/08 1:28 PM) reply+2 + / -
Please feel free to rip these off as you please!

http://printerguru.741.com/black_compatible.e2p

http://printerguru.741.com/magenta_compatible.e2p

http://printerguru.741.com/cyan_compatible.e2p

http://printerguru.741.com/yellow_compatible.e2p

Thanx for all ur input esp. Raven and John

These are euro versions of virgin chips

Can anyone please tell what bits/bytes are rewritten when the chip is

a) inserted?
b) killed?

Thanx
Ben

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by ben10 (2/4/08 1:32 PM) reply + / -

Sorry you can't click on those links. You'll have to copy and paste them into a new window.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by teenie58 (2/7/08 10:52 AM) reply + / -
I'm new to this forum, and have recently purchased a Samsung CLP-300. It is a factory refurbished and I got it from 3BTech in South Bend Indiana for $129.

This thread fascinates me as I have been looking for a way to reset the toner chips as I have done in the past with my older Epson C86.

When I received this CLP-300 I don't think it was really refurbished as the smart panel tells me that the toner levels are just about empty, but for the price I can't complain. I did carefully drill the hole and refill the black one, but the smart panel still says it's just about empty.

So I want to try this circuit and Pony Program to reset the black cartridge. Then if I can get this to work, I'll do the other colors.

My question is about the 2402 chip. Where can this be purchased? I'm sure Allied Electronics sells them, but I don't think you can place an order for a small number of pieces valued at a couple of dollars. I live in Southern California, Big Bear City. If you have any suggestions I would be very appreciative.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by South_Raven (2/7/08 12:08 PM) reply + / -
The best thing to do would be to buy one of the aftrmarket refill kits off ebay or from a shop somewhere that comes with the 4 refills and also the chips. That way you get them already mounted on a pcb that just sets over the top of the old chip on the back of the cartridge.

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by teenie58 (2/7/08 12:13 PM) reply + / -
Thanks for the info and for such a quick response.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by JohnK_UK (2/9/08 6:05 AM) reply + / -
Ben_10 - I have a suspicion that it may only be required to change the crum number and the date before a chip is killed as it appears that the counter is stored on the printer and not the cart itself...

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Anonymous (2/11/08 12:50 AM) reply + / -
Hi John,

So you would change the date eg 200610 to 200611 and the crum date digits eg 0610 to 0611 and also another digit in the crum to be on the safe side? I wonder if only certain crum's are permissible as an extra hurdle?

Ben

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by JohnK_UK (2/13/08 10:45 AM) reply + / -
I believe any numerical value can be used as the crum number

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by South_Raven (2/13/08 3:36 PM) reply + / -
crum and date are not related other than the fact you need to change them both to make it think its a new cartridge. Also the date is not checksummed into the crum either.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by JohnK_UK (3/13/08 4:07 PM) reply + / -
Hey mate, did you ever get round to doing the cleaning guide? I think my printer needs it - it's refusing to work. :S - makes a few of the normal noises when you start a print job then stops and the red light comes on! :(

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by South_Raven (3/13/08 4:58 PM) reply + / -
Well, I took all the pictures but got distracted and never transferred them from the camera to the computer.

Check your waste sump. Mine does the same thing when its full. Also turned out that I had one of the augers clogged up. There are 2 of them that move them waste toner from the drum cleaning area uphill to the sump and the other one comes from the transfer belt cleaner over to the sump.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by JohnK_UK (3/14/08 9:44 AM) reply + / -
Hi,
I've emptied the waste toner and tried cleaning the augers with the hoover but to no avail.. :(
Any more suggestions? It sounds like something is getting stuck when it's trying to start up..

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by JohnK_UK (3/14/08 9:59 AM) reply + / -
I have a feeling it may be the paper feed mechanism...

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by South_Raven (3/14/08 2:53 PM) reply + / -
Are you sure the imaging assembly is latched into the printer good? What kind of error are you getting? Their should be something in the Smart Panel as far as an error or status. Also, all of the drive mechanisms are on the right side of the printer. If your hearing noises or something abnormal try to isolate where the noise is coming from. Perhaps their is something in the paper tray causing the paper stack to be too high. Not enough clearance for the paper feed roller will cause it to bind and make a grinding noise when the clutch slips.

The more you can tell me about its misbehavior the better I can probably help you diagnose your problem and perhaps get you going again.

In the meantime I'll see what I can do as far as getting the images from the camera and editing them for a guide on this printer.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by JohnK_UK (3/30/08 3:21 AM) reply + / -
Bloody hell - fix one problem and another arises! :(

Now the printer is leaving faint streaks down the length of the page. This is on all colours. I have tried shaking the imaging unit etc to distribute the toner properly but no luck. Is there anything else which might cause this?

Cheers

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by South_Raven (3/30/08 5:41 AM) reply + / -
Light streaks or dark streaks? I've had light streaks happen a couple times and had to open it up and clean off the metering blades on the developer rolls. These clean pretty easy since they are made of steel and not flimsy mylar like many. Make yourself a CMY test pattern and make a colored rectangle about an inch high and 8" wide and make one for each color and print that page. That will tell you which developer housing is doing the streaking.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by JohnK_UK (3/30/08 7:25 AM) reply + / -
Hi,
The streaks are light streaks and always appear to occur in the same place on the page.
I've done the test and black and cyan are pretty poor! Cyan fades a lot over on the right-hand side with a bit on the left, magenta has a very faint line on the left and black is poor right the way through! :(
How would I go about cleaning? Do I need to dismantle everything?
Sorry about the dumb questions, lol!

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by South_Raven (3/30/08 4:55 PM) reply+1 + / -
Sorry about the delay. I know I had said I was going to put together a cleaning guide but I have been laid up with the flu for the last week.

Sounds to me like you need to tear into it and clean the metering blades. If you do one you might as well do them all while you have it open. If you do it carefully then you will have almost no loss in toner. Basically the procedure is pretty straightforward. For tools you will need a #2 Phillips screwdriver, a small soft bristle brush (make sure it don't shed) and a vacuum cleaner that will catch toner dust and not just let it blow right through.

Remove the imaging unit from the printer and remove the toner cartridges and the waste sump. Locate the 2 phillips screws that hold the drum assembly onto the imaging unit. If the drum is facing you the first screw is just above the drum itself. You'll see the plastic support arm. Be carefull and don't nick the drum surface with the screwdriver handle here. The other screw is located on the right side and also holds one of the channels that augers waste toner up to the sump. Carefully pull back on the left bracket while at the same time push to the right on the right arm. The drum retainer assembly will literally pop free once you have cleared the plastic boss' that hold it so be ready and don't jump or you'll probably ding the drum. Rotate the drum assembly back towards you and you will notice wires running in a groove on the bottom left. Just swing the assembly around to give yourself room and at the same time prevent the wires from getting damaged. Once you are at this point then its easy to just slide out the 4 developer assemblies for cleaning.

Each developer assembly is secured using 5 screws. 2 of them also have spring steel "Z" shaped pieces. Remove these 2 first and set the Z shaped pieces aside. Then remove the 3 remaining screws and gently lift the cover off the housing. The cover also serves as the metering blade for the developer roll. Carefull with the front edge, it has a really tiny curved lip to it and will give you a really nasty cut. I found that one out the hard way the first time I opened mine up! Vacuum off the top inside of the cover. If you look at the edge of the blade you should be able to see toner stuck to it where your streaks were at. Take something soft like a popsicle stick and run over the edge to scrape off the stuck toner. Don't use a lot of pressure here or you will bend the cover and blade and then it becomes junk. When your done the edge should be free of any burrs or stuck toner. Make sure you look close as it don't take much here to cause an image defect.

Once you have cleaned all 4 of them re-assembly is pretty straightforward except for one detail to watch for. Place your cover on the developer housing and start the 3 screws but DO NOT TIGHTEN THEM! Look carefully at the developer roll on each end and you will see a foam seal. These seals must not get trapped under the cover/blade. Carefully take a small tool and pull the seal out from under the cover/blade. Use gentle pressure to hold the cover down and maneuver the seal out. Once the seals are clear then tighten the 3 cover screws. Put the Z shaped pieces back in place and tighten them as well. Your dealing with a plastic housing here so watch and reuse the same thread and don't over tighten.

That's pretty much it. Just reassemble in reverse and put everything back together and hopefully this will cure your streaks.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by JohnK_UK (3/31/08 11:10 AM) reply + / -
Hi,
I tried cleaning it and am now in a somewhat worse position than when I started, lol! DOH!!!

Now, the lines have disappeared from the cyan, magenta and yellow but the black is still faint. Additionally, I have now managed to get a dark, myrky line running from the very top of the page to the very bottom, right over on the far left of the page. This is a mix of yellow and black. I have checked both imaging units and they seem fine although one thing I noticed about the black is it didn't contain quite as much toner as the rest when opened.

After printing my test sheet, if I look on the drum, I can see toner deposits on the left which have caused this. I have cleaned the drum but it still happens.

Cheers for the help so far! :)

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by JohnK_UK (3/31/08 11:21 AM) reply + / -
I've scanned the sheet and uploaded it here. The top is a bit knackered as I banged the scanner (and couldn't be bother re-scanning as it takes ages!) but you get the idea!

http://img217.imageshack.us/my.php?image=00001nx6.jpg

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by rafqua (4/11/08 4:03 AM) reply + / -
Hi everyone,
I tried to reset the chip of cyan and magenta cartridge for my clp 300.
I wrote in the chip but only from sector 00080h.
Then i put the cartridges in the printer but the chip aren't resetted.
I used the circuit with serial port with 2.2kohm resistor and 4 diodes 1n4148.
If I read the chip i have the reading.
Please could someone help me?
Thank you
Raf

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Ken39 (4/11/08 10:49 AM) reply + / -
made the reseter as described (using com port 2 resistors & 2 diodes)
I can read the chips but cannot write anything to them??
they are supposed to be smart chips (purchased with refill kit)
any ideas

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by JohnK_UK (4/14/08 3:10 PM) reply + / -
In the end I just phoned samsung and got them to send out an engineer who replaced the imaging unit and transfer belt under warranty, haha! :)

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by South_Raven (4/27/08 5:25 PM) reply + / -
JohnK_UK;
I have come to the conclusion that the transfer auger and chute assembly on these printers is a regular problem. Twice now I have had to remove that particular assembly from the printer and manually vacuum it out. For whatever reason the toner keeps backing up in the housing until it has nowhere to go and then it will start dumping out the left side of the transfer assembly and also through the cleaning blade and I get toner spots all over my printed paper on both the front and back. I have seen it severe enough that it leaves a brownish toner trail stuck to the transfer belt that of course also winds up on the printed paper. The transfer cleaning mechanism is all functioning properly and nothing broken and the drive and driven gears are all working fine as well as the chute that the toner should be getting pushed up through to the waster toner hopper. This is probably what happened to your machine John. Granted I probably have a much higher use than most here on the forum as far as this printer goes. I have had mine since the first of the year and right now have just over 30,000 prints on the machine and so far have had to clean out this transfer housing twice now.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by higginch (5/28/08 12:48 PM) reply + / -
I recently upgraded the firmware on my CLX-3160FN (uses the same toner as the CLP-300)... according to Samsung this upgrade was supposed to "conserve toner" and offer other stablility improvements... in fact the new firmware had the printer complaining about my "refilled toner" (constant errors, flashing red light)...

Annoying, but I could live with it.

What I couldn't live with, and what's hard to believe, the print quality was degraded all of a sudden (uneven, blotchy)... the problem was obviously a direct effort by Samsung via the "firmware bomb" to prevent use of refilled toner (printer status reports were still perfect). Way to screw the customer Samsung...

Just wanted you to know that with the info here, a bit of soldering, and PonyProg I was able to reprogram all the toner EEPROMs and the printer stopped complaining and returned to full print quality!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by deluxe (6/2/08 6:12 AM) reply + / -
I have a CLP-300 and upgraded the firmware to the new version on their website v1.00.12.35. DON'T DO IT!!! My printer has factory-original toner and this firmware upgrade made my printer a piece of crap.

With the new firmware, the text output is much thicker and fuzzier, the nice grayscale contrast is gone and replaced with much darker tones, and there are ERRORS in the graphics that show up as squiggly white lines. I'm appalled that Samsung released this firmware into the wild as it's effectively crippled my printer's output and makes even simple sheet of text look unpresntable.

I've written Samsung twice asking for some resolution, but haven't received a reply. This is horrible. I'm ready to throw my printer out the window and buy a Brother.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by saltyok (6/3/08 3:58 PM) reply + / -
Thanks SO much!!!!! I had light streaks in the black color and followed South Raven's advice on how to clean the metering blades and it works perfect now! Again! Thanks!

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by South_Raven (6/3/08 6:52 PM) reply + / -
Most laser printer issues normally come from needing a good cleaning. Toner is pretty nasty stuff and virtually impossible to keep confined 100% of the time.

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Shaher (6/9/08 6:55 PM) reply + / -
Hello, I have built the chip reseter, but I have one question, when I connect the serial port to the computer does it have to be recognized by windows ??? I've checked the connection pins many times but nothing, and how am i supposed to know which com port to select in the program setup menu?

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Shaher (6/11/08 1:57 AM) reply + / -
any way i got the computer to recognize the device finally... but guess what?? it doesn't work, each time I try to read the chip with the configuration I2C 8 bit eeprom & 2402, and each time i click on read it says : device not responding or bus busy !! and if I don't connect the chip to my circuit it gives me another error message, which means that the program is woking fine. If i click on another configuration and try to read, all the bits I have are either 00 or FF, and i get the same result even if i don't connect the chip to my circuit,

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Som30ne (6/11/08 9:47 AM) reply + / -
I posted a message some days ago,
and for some reason, it was deleted.

I believe I did not write anything that was inappropriate, and still.

I'd like to know the reason the message was deleted.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Shaher (6/14/08 3:07 PM) reply + / -
The chip reseter worked perfectly fine.. but there is one big problem.. if the printer detect the cartridge as empty, I can't write on the chip !! exactly the lines before 0x0080 ... is there a solution for this problem ???

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by stiggle (6/15/08 12:00 PM) reply + / -
I have the Xerox Phaser 6110 which appear to be exactly like the Samsung CLP300.
The samsung tone chips are rejected.
Does anyone have toner chip programming data for the Phaser 6110?

Also, trying 6110 imaging unit in CLP300 seems OK but RED status light. CLP300 shows ready on computer but print files just disappear and not print activity.
Does the imaging unit have a chip in it like the toner?
If so, does anyone have a readout of this.

Thanks Stanley

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Maani (6/19/08 12:58 PM) reply + / -
The chip reseter worked perfectly fine.. but there is one big problem.. if the printer detect the cartridge as empty, I can't write on the chip !! exactly the lines before 0x0080 ... is there a solution for this problem ???
Please help !!!

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by South_Raven (6/19/08 1:18 PM) reply + / -
Are you trying to rewrite OEM chips or aftermarket?

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Shaher (6/19/08 3:06 PM) reply + / -
no I am trying to rewrite an aftermarket one, and is there any possible way to erase the chip entirely ??

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by south_raven (6/19/08 3:58 PM) reply + / -
If its aftermarket you should be able to write anything to the chip at any address....if your using ponyprog you can do CTRL-C to clear the buffer and write that to the chip if you want...its the info though before 80h that identified the cartridge to the printer..

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by claudeusw (6/24/08 11:29 PM) reply + / -
Hi ! I am fascinated by the subject of this forum because I was asking me the same questions. Thanks for the answers and for your care to share your knowledge. Also allow me to add my modest contribution, in hoping that it might help in a better understanding ! Many of you are wondering where are located the counters's information about the cartridges. In the cartridges's chips or in the printer ?
Here is my little story. As I appreciate excessively this printer (Samsung CLP-300) I decided to upgrade to model CLX-2160 which, as you know, uses the same imaging unit. For a few more dollars I obtained a high resolution scanner, a new spare imaging unit, and a kit of starting cartridges (without chips) and as a bonus a supplementary paper tray. What a deal !
I chose to set aside the new imaging unit and to store it in the "old" printer (CLP-300)in full darkness. But before doing the swap between the used imaging unit originally in my CLP-300 and the new imaging unit obtained with the CLX-2160, I asked a printer report on the CLP-300. I have got the information about consummables life and toner information. As soon as I completed the exchange and installed the "old" imaging unit, complete with the 3/4 full original starting cartridges without chips, in my brand new CLX-2160 printer, I put power on. Naturally I got the Congratulations message indicating that the cartridges had been installed successfully. But guess what ? When I asked for a printer report, I have got completely different figures. All but the imaging unit and development roller life were reset. Imaging unit and development roller life were roughly the same. The toner remains percent values and the toner average coverage values were also reset. Astonishing, Isn't it ? Not really. It gives simply, in a sense, answers to what some of you were looking for ! So it seems that nothing is stored in the cartridge's chips. Only the imaging unit keeps track of its use. The major part of information is managed by the printer itself ! A small information but may be a clue to progress. Thanks for reading.

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by potblak (6/26/08 3:29 AM) reply + / -
Hello,
I've had a CLX-2160 for about a year now.
After about 6 months or so of heavy use in my home office, the imaging unit failed. (The gears feeding black toner stripped)
The imaging unit was replaced under warranty.
Now the same has happened again, and like claudusw I decided to buy a CLP300 just to get a new imaging unit. I have no intention of using the CLP300. (New CLP300 = $169; Replacement Imaging unit ~$300)
But I would like to make use of the un-chipped cartridges which came with it.
My CLX-2160, having used its original load of un-chipped cartridges, refuses to 'see' these.
Any ideas, anyone??
Also, does anyone want a new CLP300 without imaging unit???

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by roghani (6/27/08 1:21 AM) reply + / -
potblak,

Buy and install a set of new chips on your un-chipped cartridges and they will work on 2160.

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Anonymous (6/27/08 3:19 AM) reply + / -
Sorry for my ignorance, but;
Where from?
How much?, and
How?

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by roghani (6/27/08 4:06 AM) reply + / -
There are many companies that produce aftermarket chips. For example Future Graphics (www.futuregraphicsllc.com) and Oasis (www.oasis-imaging.com). Price for each chip ~$5.

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by potblak (6/27/08 4:39 AM) reply + / -
Fine,
Thanks, but how can you fit a chip to an un-chipped cartridge???

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by roghani (edited 6/27/08 5:41 AM) reply + / -
There is a cubic hole near the gear of the cartridge which is chip place.
If you have purchased new cartridges for 2160, you can see chip on them.

Also check this out:
http://www.uninetimaging.com/technical_reman_samsung.asp
and download clp-300 pdf file.

By the way, if you are in US, buy US region chip because there are several versions for these chips.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by potblak (6/27/08 11:14 PM) reply + / -
Thanks very much for being so patient with me!
Until I read the Uninet instructions you pointed me to, I didn't realise you could stick the new chips over the old ones!

I'm in Australia. Do you know which region I should go for?
The installation CD-rom was in English/French, so I suppose it might be Europe, but those languages also work in the South Pacific.

I migh have to experiment a little.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by roghani (6/28/08 8:44 AM) reply + / -
Print "printer settings" and check "Set Model". It shows printer and chip version (this is in CLP-300, you can find similar in 2160).

By the way, Future Graphics has a branch in Australia. You can ask them.

CLP-300 reset chip by kara (edited 7/15/08 10:25 AM) reply + / -
Hi South Raven,
Thanks Thanks a lot.By reading your excellent guide lines, posted by you, in this thread, to day I have manged to build one Serial interface succesfully. I read new three clp 300 chips and saved three .e2p files.
but the files are not like yrs but like exactly like what mr

ben10 posted ie having full of yyyyyyyy.. and from 00080 to oooBo
CY300EXYY...ETC DATA--ONLY ONE SET DATA NOT DUPLICATED --- OK

At present i am not having emptied chip which i can reset
Some doubts-will u pl answer
1.If I take out the half emptied cartridge and reset the chip,then it ought to show as full and eventually if the rest half emptied,what would be the display in the smart panel?

2. How to write the new chip file in the emptied chip ie have i to delete all the data in the emptied chip or simply to give write command to overwrite in the emptied chip
3. Or simply edit the emptied chip ie to change date and crum
values,as u suggested
Once again thank u much for yr excellent guiding words which only encouraged me and made me try this successful and very useful attempt
with cheers,
kara/India

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by steve1UK (7/17/08 7:29 AM) reply + / -
Hi all..one thing you have to take care of in chipping original non-chipped toner cartridges is that some new chips when stuck into the recess on the cartridge will be sitting too low to make proper contact with the pins. I had this problem and was tearing my hair out..with the printer saying the toner was still empty. I added some padding in the recess (sticky foam works well) so that the new chip sits higher up. Then it worked fine. I think some of the chips that come in refill kist assume you are re-chipping an existing chipped cartridge...and that they will be stuck ontop of the old chips.

cheers
steve

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Vanko Micin (7/17/08 2:02 PM) reply + / -
Hi,
thanks to all contributing to this thread. I think I'm going to buy the printer! But...
It's been pretty long (almost 20 years) since I did some electronics back in school. So, if anyone could be so kind and post a picture of a printed board with the elements laid out? That would be extremely cool, since I still got a chunk of copper board and some HCl laying somewhere in my garage! Thanks in advance!
Vanko Micin

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by South_Raven (7/19/08 9:52 AM) reply + / -
I think one of the problems some people are having as far as what they are looking at and trying to edit as far as the chip dumps may be that apparently some of us are saving the files in various formats. I have saved and also posted mine as traditional (old school) IBM Binary files which is a raw hex type of format. In PonyProg itself they were saved as .bin files. I haven't tried using any other formats and experimented with possible differences among the formats that PonyProg is capable of but this may explain why some people can't see or edit before 80h.

The suggestion that steve1uk has about using the foam in the recess on starter (un-chipped) cartridges is a very good idea as most of the aftermarket chips are on very thin pcb material and I'm sure will bow into the cartridge when its inserted into the printer.

As far as what will happen if you reset an aftermarket chip and the toner cartridge isn't full, you will see the printer trying to keep cycling for a few times and then it will eventually disable the cartridge and the message in the printer monitor will read "invalid toner cartridge". Refill the cartridge and reset the chip and your back in business.

For those of you that have emailed and asked about me building a serial interface for you, sorry but no, its pretty simple to do and the parts are easy to find to build one that will work for you. I'm not in the business of making a profit on this and there are already aftermarket interfaces out there but to me unless your a refill or repair shop they aren't worth the cost. Especially when you can build one for about $5-$10 and 30 minutes time.

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by cmdrdata (7/20/08 7:36 AM) reply + / -
Hi, I just bought a refurbished CLP-300N and am quite happy with it except that the printer have some color or B/W dots where it should be white. Perhaps the drum is dirty? The printer was shipped with the toners already in place, thus jostling during shipping may contaminate the print engine? What should I do? your tear down instructional guide would be of interest to me. Thanks.

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by kara (7/21/08 10:31 PM) reply + / -
Hi South Raven
Thank u for ur response.
When it is saved in .bin format,of course it is saved, but it is not opening. In Pony Prog it is being suggested to save in .e2p format,that is why I have saved the three ( C,M,Y ) files in .2ep format

kara

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by rafqua (7/28/08 5:17 AM) reply + / -
Hi,
I programmed the chip of my black toner cartridge when the led is not blinking.
i wrote the chip with the hex codex as you suggested in the messages;
after I put the toner in the printer and I saw the black led is turned on and the printer goes in failure.
I rewrote the chip successfully, but the situation is the same.
Could someone help me?
Thank you in advance
Raf

Samsung CLP-300 for Sale (No Imaging Unit) by Anonymous (7/29/08 4:29 PM) reply + / -
How much do you want for it?

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by kara (7/30/08 9:20 PM) reply + / -
Hi Mr maani,
i am also encountering the the same problem.
I am able to edit anything at both 00 to 030 and 080 to 0B0 in the edit buffer and able to save in .bin or in .e2p format but
when given 'write all', it comes only 'write failed ' message. immediately if i give 'read all ' command, i see at 00 to 030 the same original data
ie nothing is rewritten,but at 080 to 0b0 it is being written as edited-----tried in several ways but in vain.
Can anybody help us ?
with advance thanks
kara

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Vanko Micin (8/1/08 6:47 AM) reply + / -
Hi again.
I made the circuit myself. And I'm having problems probing the device with PonyProg. Here is the picture at http://www.ziva-legenda.com/ostalo/chip.jpg Could anybody be so kind and double check if I got it right?
(I connected the power supply via USB, pin 5 of PC serial directly to GND from USB.)
Thanks.

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by vanko Micin (8/1/08 9:09 AM) reply + / -
Got it sorted out, the above circuit is OK. PonyProg did it. Thanks to all, especially to South Raven and John_UK.
Cheers.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by south_raven (8/17/08 6:31 PM) reply + / -
Has anyone had to find a way to reset the counter for the imaging unit yet?

Mine just shut down this evening without any warnings and says to replace it. Image quality and toner usage is still good so I would rather just rest it if possible.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by sklute (8/20/08 9:06 PM) reply + / -
I am having a problem with my Samsung CLP-300. For some reason, on the right side of all of my pages (~2") the printout looks like the text is bolded. Any ideas?

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by nickrh (8/24/08 2:25 PM) reply + / -
As enlightened people mentioned above..
*The printer only zaps the chip when the cartridge is empty
*New cartridges supplied with the printer have no chip

In which case, it might follow that after the printer has read the cartridge once, it doesn't care if it can continue reading it when turned on and used subsequently. After all, if the new cartridges supplied with the printer have no chip, the printer doesn't need to talk to the chip to verify the cartridge is in fact properly inserted.

If this is the case, then you could presumably present a chip to the printer, then remove/cover the chip before the printer zaps it, so that it can be used again.

Although, as stated above, the same chip can't be used again immediately, another chip would need to be used with a different CRUM to tell the printer the cartridge has been exchanged.

Just a thought.. !

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Anonymous (8/24/08 6:16 PM) reply + / -
Actually, after looking at it closer, almost all of the page it very light except for aboyut 2" on the right side. Any ideas?

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by South_Raven (8/26/08 8:25 AM) reply + / -
Sounds like you need to clean off the metering blade on the black housing. I've found out through heavy usage that the metering blades are one of the weak spots on these printers as far is image quality and that toner will cake on the blade and cause anything from mild streaking to an overall faint image.

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Anonymous (8/26/08 10:07 AM) reply + / -
I have no idea how to clean off the metering blade on the black housing. Could you PLEASE let me know how? Feel free to email me at briansklute@lizmoore.com if you prefer. Thanks!

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip / xerox 6110 eur by Anonymous (8/26/08 5:16 PM) reply + / -
I have a Xerox 6110; I made the programmer and it works, it reads and it writes.

I purchased 4 chips CMYK and now I am trying the black chip.
But it does not work.

The dump shows a code similar to the one posted for the Samsung, but it has the word EUR instead of EXP and other minor differences. It seems reasonable, but the printer red led says that the printer does not like this black toner (and it said "invalid")

I am guessing that the chip should be for the CLP-300... this was also on the envelope; the vendor assured me it works for the Xerox, but it does not work... and it seems the printer can read the chip as it wrotes a couple of A5 (hex) in both 128 bit sections (so I put the chip in the correct position etc).

Can somebody link a dump gif image (or email me the e2p files) with the codes for *working* xerox chips?

I am puzzled as I have everything but apparently not what I need :( .

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by roghani (8/26/08 9:08 PM) reply + / -
Change the word EUR to EXP and it works. Because the first one is EURopean version and the second is EXPort version. You are using an export version printer.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Anonymous (8/27/08 3:27 AM) reply + / -
No it doesn't work either.

I changed EUR to EXP and I even tested the black dump posted here (EXP and EUR).

I forgot to say I am in europe so EUR should be ok.

The dump of the black chip I purchased is very similar to the one posted here by ben10

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/5742/blackcompatibleol8.jpg

when I insert in the printer, it refuses the black. I see it wrote a couple of A5 in the 000040 row (same position of the ones in the 0000C0 row)

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by South_Raven (8/28/08 8:24 AM) reply + / -
Try reading one of the expired Xerox chips and see what you get. Post an image of the dump and we might be able to figure them out. You should be able to read the Xerox versions ok but just not able to write to them.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Anonymous (8/28/08 8:47 AM) reply+1 + / -
update: I sent the (new, not expired) chips back to the vendor and he will replace them. I bought them several weeks ago and on the envelope it was "samsung CLP-300 chips", I complained about this but he said "they work also for Xerox".

I had the chance to test one chip (the black) only now, as I didn't use the printer so much meantime. The original black toner was without chip.

But the good part of the story is that I saved the email from the vendor (the response to my original complaint), so now I complained they seems actually not ok, and "I said this when I purchased, see here...". Yesterday they wrote "send us and we will replace", without questions or other comments.

Will let you know as soon as I have the replacements. My guessing is that the Xerox chip contains different data. Or something magic and I will have to end to buy original replacements :)

FYI the chip dump is almost identical to the one I copied the link in my previous post. Just the date and CRUM where different, and on the very bottom instead of 20? x (FF) there was written non(FF)samsung(FF)product

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by South_Raven (8/28/08 9:02 AM) reply + / -
Has to be something differnet in the data on the xerox chips. If anyone can read a Xerox OEM chip of any color and post the data I'm sure that we can figure out the differences and come up with a fix.

As for my Samsung, the wife want's to make a video of her tossing it out our 3rd story window and post on utube and send to samsung as well. Myself I want to figure out a way to reset the imaging unit counter. We wound up purchasing an Oki C5150n to replace the samsung and the prints from the Oki are so much better that there isn't even a comparrison in quality.

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Anonymous (8/28/08 11:14 AM) reply + / -
for B/W I have an old OKI 14ex and it is really good (and does not have protections: well I paid it a lot of money but it was worth it), the only problem is the cost of the drum replacement (and I suppose the printer won't work forever, also :-) )

the samsung/xerox is not top class, but imho the engineering is good... considered the price, the design seems not that bad to me: it is small and serviceable.

as for print quality, mine is quite good, but I still have to find a laser printer that can print photos decently (at least like a good inkjet). We will have to wait some years, I suppose.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by xcelgmuer (9/10/08 4:53 PM) reply + / -
I built a serial interface and can read an aftermarket chip, but under the security bits in ponyprog 2 and 3 are stuck on which I believe then doesn't let me overwrite the date and crum. Is this correct and if so can I bypass it? Thanks.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by atanarus (9/11/08 10:10 PM) reply + / -
Hi. I just got a new CLP-300 and came across this thread. I checked my cartridges and found them to have no chips. I was wondering these "chipless" cartridges will automatically update the toner level when additional toner is added.

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by kara (9/12/08 3:28 AM) reply + / -
Hi,atanarus
It is not so,'chipless'indeed, but after u emptying the cartridge by printing if u simply refill and try to pint without the chip,which is an additional and unwanted and business oriented burden to the printer holder,u cannot print. If anybody know the trick to print without the chip please do post it here for the benefit of all clp300 holders
kara

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by murphyfields (9/18/08 6:49 PM) reply + / -
South_raven

Any suggestions for good or bad sources of toner? Just curious what went wrong when you had the bad toner?

Also, you suggested a few sources for chips. Any that are known to be reprogrammable or not? Will they sell small numbers of chips?

Thanks

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by murphyfields (9/19/08 7:02 AM) reply + / -
One more question...

I read that the yield goes down quickly each time you refill. Have you found this to be the case?

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by South_Raven (9/19/08 5:17 PM) reply + / -
The only "chipless" cartridges are the starter cartridges that come with the printer. The printer sees them and only allows them to be used for the first 1500 or so pages or until it has calculated that the cartridge should be out of toner. Once they have been used in the printer for the first run it will never allow this type of cartridge to be used again and instead will tell you that it is an invalid toner cartridge or to insert a toner cartridge.

As far as toner refills go the best source and price I found for known good toner was through printerdoctor.com. He has both toners and chips and will sell you whatever you need. He also has a store and auctions on ebay as well. Other toners that I tried tended to cake up very quickly on the metering blade of the developer housings. As it was I had very high usage of this printer and had to open it up and clean the blades off about every 2 refills.

As far as the yield, I don't believe it is effected by refills. There are an IR pair of sensors that watch the toner level in the developer housings and between calculated usage and these sensors it determines when it needs to add toner from the cartridge into the housing. If it sees a valid cartridge and tries to add toner into the housing but don't see the level rise then it will trigger a cartridge error. The only way a refill is going to really cost higher then normal usage would be if the toner is a poor quality and has a high waste amount that winds up in the sump instead.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by briansklute (9/19/08 7:34 PM) reply + / -
South Raven, PLEASE tell me how to open it up and clean the metering blades!!! I'm begging you!!!

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by murphyfields (9/21/08 6:07 PM) reply + / -
Thank you for the info.

I checked printerdoctor for CLP-300 products, but none were listed. Is this a special product for him?

Thanks

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by murphyfields (9/21/08 8:50 PM) reply + / -
One more question...do I need to replace the sump each time it says, or is there a way to clean it out?

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by South_Raven (9/21/08 10:49 PM) reply + / -
I guess I need to set down and get that cleaning guide written. I'll see if I can do it this tuesday and post it where it can be downloaded.

Check the printer doctors ebay listings for the toners and chips.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by South_Raven (9/21/08 10:51 PM) reply + / -
The sump is easy to dump. Just make sure you do it over a fairly large opening trash can and a plastic bag of course. If you have a good vacuum you can get even more dust out of it. Make sure the filter in the vacuum is designed small enough to catch toner particles. Household models aren't designed for this and even if it has a hepa filter it will trash it.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by murphyfields (9/22/08 6:49 PM) reply + / -
South Raven

Have you tried out the chips and toner from futuregraphics? I know you mentioned them as an inexpensive source of chips.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Anonymous (9/23/08 6:00 AM) reply + / -
Necesito Reset

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by fredrick-88 (9/30/08 1:51 PM) reply + / -
It seems like all the posts appear way-too-hard for the 'casual' owner. I read that if you constantly keep the toner cartridges "topped off", there will never be an occasion where the printer stops because it's out of that particular toner in the cartridge.

Question here is this: How can we hack each of the toner cartridges so that even though they are empty, they never register as empty?

I believe that is the simple solution to Samsung's Nazi product mentality (like I can't tell that one of the toner cartridges on my printer is empty?)

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Anonymous (9/30/08 7:12 PM) reply + / -
Still hoping South Raven will share how to clean this printer so I can get back to using it soon...

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Anonymous (10/9/08 4:27 PM) reply + / -
i have also one xerox 6110 and the toner chip programing are a litle diferent that samsung, i´m from portugal and i have read the hex files of samsung and xerox and they are a bit diferent, the image unit also have a ATML chip on it that have and stores the information about it. any question just ask. hope i can help

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by kara (10/12/08 6:38 PM) reply + / -
Hi,anybody,
i tried three 'emptied' chips to reset but in vain.
the Restter with Ponyprog READS OK, but DOES NOT WRITE/OVERWRITE ANYTHING!!!
can anybody suggest any solution please???
kara kara1947@gmail.com

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by roghani (10/12/08 10:10 PM) reply + / -
You can reset only aftermarket chips. Most OEM chips are not resettable.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by xcelgmuer (10/12/08 10:17 PM) reply + / -
I found that a set of replacement (refill) chips I had bought were partially writable. Some other bits as well as the crum and date were locked somehow which, of course, is what I needed to change. Anyway, I bought chips from another company (Dubber Toner) and they were fully writable. I would say that if you can read any chip then your setup is fine and to buy diffenent chips.

Just my experience

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by kara (10/15/08 8:26 PM) reply + / -
Thank u guys,
As Mr xcelgmuer says,I had the same experience with the first chip.
I purchased 10 chips in an another company;in these chips I found
READING OK BUT WRITING FAILS! All these chips are 'after market' only,nevertheless what to do my bad luck!
kara

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by EViL GENiUS (10/22/08 4:54 PM) reply + / -
My toner doesn't have a chip??

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by EViL.GENiUS (10/22/08 6:28 PM) reply + / -
Hi

This is a picture of my samsung clp 300 black toner. http://i36.tinypic.com/10z9thc.jpg

Thanks

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by roghani (10/22/08 9:45 PM) reply + / -
There is no chip on cartridges that come with printer. you should buy new chips if you want to refill your cartridges.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by kara (10/23/08 12:19 AM) reply + / -
Hi, Can anybody guide me ??
1.How to put/add diagram/picture/dump in my postings?
2.How to take dump?
kara

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Anonymous (10/23/08 10:09 AM) reply + / -
Samsung CLP-300 reset chip video pole thank.
Mail: uzeyiry1@hotmail.com

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by EViL.GENiUS (10/23/08 9:29 PM) reply + / -
Where is the cheapest place to buy these chips??

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by thrylax (10/27/08 7:56 PM) reply + / -
Has anybody managed to get a hold of South_Raven's guide for cleaning the CLP-300 Metering Blades. I believe that I have the same problem as described by South_Raven.
Lately my CLP-300 has started printing light streaks on the right side of color prints. The streaks seem to only be for CYAN only. The other colors seem just fine.
I read his previous post about how to fix it, but before I go tearing my printer apart I'd like to know if there is a more detailed guide (hopefully with pics) :-)
Thanks in advance.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by centran (10/29/08 4:24 PM) reply + / -
I will be attempting the blade cleaning. I will take pictures of the process. If I am successful then I will post a write up of the process.

Does anyone know how dangerous it is to leave the imaging drum exposed to light for that long? I will try to keep it covered with a towel as I thought prolonged exposure to light will damage it and this cleaning seems like it will take awhile.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by thrylax (10/29/08 5:56 PM) reply + / -
Thats useful to know. I never heard anything about exposing the imaging drum to light. Good thing I waited until I got more info.
Looking forward to your post.....thanks for the help.

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by darajo (10/30/08 8:36 AM) reply + / -
Have you ever used the toner w/chips from Dubber Toner? blueraven318 on ebay? What do you think?

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by centran (10/30/08 12:41 PM) reply + / -
Who is a good toner refill seller on ebay?

I used refill toner and replacement chips from image-toners on ebay. The chips worked perfectly.... however, the toner is a different story.

Did you read my post a couple posts up? Yeah, I need to clean the imaging unit becuase of their crappy toner. I bought a new imaging unit(it was almost at its recommended usage) only to have the problem pop up again on the new image unit.
If you do not want to have to clean the imaging unit after just 1 toner refill then don't buy from image-toners on ebay.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Anonymous (11/2/08 11:09 AM) reply + / -

Has anyone come across compatible chips which cannot be properly read or written with the serial i2c interface and PonyProg?

They appear to have a different chip in them; probably a 34c02 rather than a 24c02; this has a software write-protect feature for the first half of the array (is this how the chips are 'zapped' by the printer?)

Still don't understand why they can't be read with ponyprog; i know this chip isn't specifically listed in ponyprog but thought it should still work?

mAYBE THE manufacturuers have managed to include a feature which stops it easily being read by a simple interface? Can anyone help? South Raven maybe?

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by centran (11/11/08 6:22 PM) reply + / -
Here is the guide. If someone could PDF it and host it elsewhere then that would help if my site ever goes down in the future.

http://losingambition.com/clp300imagefix/

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by workingday (11/28/08 6:55 AM) reply + / -
South Raven Thank you for posting these instructions. My CLP300 showed streaks down the page before the first black cartridge ran out. I took it back to PC World who said I would have to buy a new inaging unit. When I pointed out that it was only three months old they let me have the unit from their demo model. Earlier this week, the same thing happened again and I bought a new black cartridge. This did not solve the problem and I guessed that PC World wouldn't oblige again. I would have dumped the printer but having just spent £50 on a cartridge, I decided to try these instructions. 20 minutes later and it's up and running like a new printer.

Thanks again for sharing this knowledge

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by thrylax (11/28/08 10:30 PM) reply + / -
Yes, much thanks for posting this info. I actually got Samsung to send me a new Imaging Unit before I stumbled on this forum. But if the new imaging unit ever starts acting like my old one did I am now confident that I can fix it. Thanks again.

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by kara (11/30/08 4:24 PM) reply + / -
Thank u centran yr pictures are quite clear and will be very useful
if I start cleaning in future,having made it .pdf and saved
thank u again
kara

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by rinjerd (12/2/08 10:57 AM) reply + / -
Hello, everyone:

I have been watching this thread for a while now, because I also invested in a CLP-300, because it was cheap at Staples. I have to admit, I like the machine. It fits on my desk very well. Print quality is not the best but certainly acceptable. And I know that consumables are very expensive, so I have been refilling the cartridges, too. But, of course, the machine knocks those chips out of commission pretty fast, before the cartridge is even empty.

I have tried to make a chip resetter per the instructions early on in this forum, but I do not have an electronics background. So I did some online research on how to read schematics and made a resetter as I understood your instructions, but it just didn't work. Plus, at least one of the resistors got really hot to the touch immediately, so I don't have it right at all.

Two of my friends who know schematics cannot tell where the problem is in my setup.

BTW, my serial port was turned on and working. PonyProg only says that the port is either busy or the device is not working.

I wish I could see a pic of one of your circuitboard setups, how each component is attached and wired. I made a simple sketch of my setup, but I have no way of forwarding the .jpg to you through this forum (that I know of).

So could one of you posters supply a view of your actual successful circuitboard? If you have any questions, let me know.

Thanks for anyone's help.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by thrylax (12/2/08 12:21 PM) reply + / -
Yes, I'm with rinjerd here. I would LOVE to make a chip resetter for myself. I read the earlier instructions, but also do not know how to read schematics. I have a friend who can help me, but a picture of a working resetter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks In Advance.

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Anonymous (12/2/08 1:16 PM) reply + / -
I got it working. First I had problems and tracked them down to zeners - they had to turn them :-) after reading about proper orientation (google always helps).
Look at my previous post (8/1/08 6:47 AM) there's also a link to the circuit board i made. Note the high artistic value!
Hope you get it to work!

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by rinjerd (12/2/08 10:51 PM) reply + / -
No, I was interested in a drawing of what the board looks like with wires, etc. -- not a schematic. I had already seen your drawing and it's still a schematic of sorts, that agrees with the original schematic. Wish I could email you my own crude drawing.

Well, anyway, I guess I'll make it over again, because it might just be an accidental crossing of wires somewhere. Can't figure out what else it could be.

As I understand, the cathode of the zeners is on the ground side, according to South_Raven (1/25/08 5:28 AM), but the original schematic that he referred to shows them with the anode on the ground side -- which is it??

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Anonymous (12/3/08 3:08 AM) reply + / -
Is this better?
http://www.ziva-legenda.com/ostalo/samsungclp300reset.jpg

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by rinjerd (12/3/08 8:32 AM) reply + / -
Yeah, it's getting there. Thanks so much for your help.

If you want, you can send me your email address to rinjerd@hotmail.com (my secondary email) and I'll send you my diagram. That will show you what I am referring to. Also, it will show you that I have it basically correct.

So cathode is ground, eh? Then the original schematic was wrong!

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Anonymous (12/3/08 9:16 AM) reply + / -
Sorry, my scheme was wrong right at the diode orientation ( I now corrected it)and the original scheme worked for me. ANODE is ground! My mail is rpavlic at gmail.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by rinjerd (12/4/08 10:21 AM) reply + / -
Anon, I just sent you my diagram of how I soldered on the components.

Note that anode is ground, per the original schematic (this means that South_Raven was wrong on that). This page is a very short discussion about diodes and how they work:

http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/components/diode.htm

and it agrees with the original schematic that the point is the cathode. Other sites debunk the long-standing theory that current flows from positive to negative.

So I'll make another setup by this weekend and see how that works. Thanks.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by danny_phil (12/7/08 1:35 AM) reply + / -
please help me what is the exact components of the clp300 reseter
because and any picturial diagram for most simple and easy instruction i want to try make my own reseter

thanks

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by rinjerd (12/8/08 7:20 AM) reply + / -
Well, I took great pains to remake another interface over the weekend, AND IT DOESN'T WORK AT ALL! So I am about ready to table all this effort and relegate myself to just buying the chips. Pooh!

Danny, you can read the early posts in this thread for info and especially go to the links that are mentioned, for pics and things. I can send you my simple sketch, if you inquire at the email address I gave in my 12-3-08 post -- but I don't know if it will be of much good to you at all; it's quite possible that I missed something important, and the original posters who were able to make it work don't seem to be reading this any longer.

So that's the state of affairs for me now. My thanks for everyone's input.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by danny phil (12/12/08 5:33 AM) reply + / -
thanks for your concern im so glad to hear that, may be i need to read it all over again, im trying to make may self a simplified
reseter, b'coz of having a problem of my printer
thanks again rinjerd,

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by chetr (12/17/08 7:13 AM) reply + / -
As mentioned by "by Anonymous (11/2/08 11:09 AM)
They appear to have a different chip in them; probably a 34c02 rather than a 24c02; this has a software write-protect feature for the first half of the array (is this how the chips are 'zapped' by the printer?"

I to have noticed this, My question would be has anyone found a chip that is not locked out and can be reprogrammed as many times as needed. That would be the cats meyow. I have found chips that when it warns you that the toner is getting low it locks out what a pain. Ican read ALL I want just cannot write any thing before 13th location of 000060 If that makes any sense. As you can tell I am not real knowledgeable at this.
Chet

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by darajo (12/17/08 9:09 AM) reply + / -
I'm VERY happy with blueraven318 on ebay -- check them out.

Re: Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by chetr (12/17/08 10:22 AM) reply + / -
Thanks I will check them out.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by OBL (1/18/09 7:02 PM) reply + / -
Hi, I tried to read chip with JDM + ICPROG.
I read sucessfully Yellow cartridge, but when try it with Black, Magenta & Cyan... a message appears:
"NO ACKNOWLEDGE RECEVIED".
I try many times, but only can read yellow cardtridge... Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by South_Raven (1/18/09 7:30 PM) reply + / -
Sounds to me like you have a problem with your serial interface and/or the program settings. Recheck your serial port settings and also the settings in the program setup.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by miniyard (2/8/09 6:07 AM) reply + / -
Hi
This thread makes very interesting reading but does not explain my findings

I recently purchased a stock clearance printer sold as new unused
It arrived with the original (unchipped) toners still in sealed wrappers.
The printer was replacing a broken printer (a clp 300) so I installed the cartridges (chipped pattern replacements) from my old printer and got part used readings for toner level - this is what I expected, not having read this thread at this stage.
I then noticed that the cartridges supplied with mynew machine had no chip (had not spotted this before) so I tried installing a (previously thought empty)original unchipped cartridge that came with old printer - To my surprise i now got report of this cartridge from smartpanel that I had installed a FULL cartridge.
So I then took a previously thought to be empty chipped pattern cartridge and removed the chip and then installed this in the printer with the same result - smartpanel reported full cartridge.
I then made up in word a text document with different colour text for Black, Cyan (close as), Yellow and Blue and this printed fine.
Whilst the print test does not prove amount of toner, it did at least to me show there is some left to use.
It was at this stage I started looking if forums for any reference to chip function and found this thread.

There is mention in this thread of the printer locking up if no chip in cartridge but this has not happened to me, or is it a time bomb waiting to go off??

Unless I am missing something, does my experience not show that chips are not required for the printer to work??

Could it not be that if you use an unchipped cartridge the printer assumes you have inserted a full original cartridge and will count down accordingly and when it shows empty you just need to take it out and re insert to carry on ??

Not believing myself what I have written I have just taken out another colour chipped cartridge showing empty and inserted an unchipped (thought to be empty) original cartridge and smartpanel again reports this colour now full - It can't be getting that from the chip because there isn't one!

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by OBL (2/8/09 6:24 AM) reply + / -
Thanks in advance.
Refer to previously post.
I found a solution for reading chips CPL300
The problem is ICprog.
I tried with PONYProg with same JDM card and chip selection.
and have't problem to all.

Ponyprog, can read all cartridges... well done.
In my particular case, the simil chip hasta 24c01

The tonerchips has be 3.3v but there are working fine with JDM at 5v

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Anonymous (2/19/09 9:20 PM) reply + / -
Thank you South Raven and Centran!! It works! It prints like new again!!! Yes, yes, yes!

I was having issues where one side of the page would print lighter than the other. Cleaning the developer units fixed the problem completely. You DON'T need a new imaging unit, just clean the caked on toner on each developer unit blade and it will work like new again!!!

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by sanchopancha (2/20/09 12:17 AM) reply + / -
This is my reading of brand new OEM chip EUROPE. Note all the "FF". I wrote the same (but color letter) in any chip and it worked. When installing some "FF" are writen by the printer. Error message may appear. Just reset the printer OFF then ON.
Magenta_new.e2p
000000) FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF - FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF ................
000010) FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF - FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF ................
000020) FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF - FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF ................
000030) FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF - FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF ................
000040) FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF - FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF ................
000050) FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF - FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF ................
000060) FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF - FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF ................
000070) FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF - FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF ................
000080) 43 4D 33 30 30 45 55 52 - FF 53 41 4D 53 55 4E 47 CM300EUR.SAMSUNG
000090) 43 4D 33 30 30 45 55 52 - FF FF 49 4D 00 14 ED 01 CM300EUR..IM....
0000A0) 43 4C 50 33 30 30 4E 00 - 32 30 30 38 2E 31 30 FF CLP300N.2008.10.
0000B0) 43 52 55 4D 2D 30 38 31 - 30 32 33 38 30 32 3D 73 CRUM-081023802=s
0000C0) FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF - FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF ................
0000D0) FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF - FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF ................
0000E0) FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF - FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF ................
0000F0) FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF - FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF ................

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Atanas (2/26/09 12:25 PM) reply + / -
Hello what about the hardware that
http://www.w109.com/2008/en/products.asp?id=644

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Anonymous (3/1/09 2:00 PM) reply + / -
Fascinating thread.
Actually I have a xerox docucolor but I am hoping that the reset chips for the drum cartridges work in much the same way.
From some of the previous posts I deduce that:
1/ the counter is in the printer not the chip.
2/ the chip contains a unique serial number.
3/ If the cartridge becomes empty(based on the printer counter) the chip is writen to as empty.
4/ The printer only remembers the chip number that was last in.
Therefore If the chip is changed before it is empty, whatever chip is put back in will register as full. As long as its not one written as empty, or the chip that's just been removed.
If the above is true it seems the answer is to have two sets of toner cartridges ( or indeed drum cartridges in the case of the xerox) and change from set 1 to set 2 just before becoming completely empty.
When the one from set 2 becomes nearly empty (but not empty) then swap back to set 1, continue ad infinitum, but don't let them get reset.
Has anyone tried this?

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Anonymous (3/3/09 1:49 AM) reply + / -
Sorry should have added one more important point.
2b/The chip contains a date. (manufacture date?)
This could in principle be used to prevent useage after the use by date even though the unit may still be serviceable.
This might prevent indefinite reuse as described above.

I came across a fascinating patent online
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/EP1217456.html
filed 2001 so could apply to printers made after this date.
In this it describes how a crum chip can be killed by writing to an address which prevents subsequent read/writes. I guess this applies is the proprietry chip not the remanufacture chip.
It also implies that the count is stored in the crum chip. But obviously different printer manufacturers can use the eeprom in different ways.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Anonymous (3/8/09 3:43 PM) reply + / -
what do i need to make interface Chip Resetter for samsung clp 300

thanks

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Anonymous (3/8/09 3:46 PM) reply + / -
hey there, what do i need to make interface Chip Resetter for samsung clp 300

thanks

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by N0life (3/13/09 9:42 AM) reply + / -
The following post shows how to build a Permanent Reset Chip for Samsung Clp 300.

I have not tried it, bur it seems quite accurate, have alook

http://clp-300.blogspot.com/

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Anonymous (3/18/09 12:28 AM) reply + / -
Direct Link for the Atmel AT34C02 chip:

http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/doc0958.pdf

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by South_Raven (3/18/09 4:50 PM) reply + / -
Anyone have anything yet on resetting the imaging unit counter?

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Anonymous (3/18/09 7:47 PM) reply + / -
I changed the cyan chip (short Pin 7 WP & Pin 8 VCC of AT34C02) and printed about 15 pages so for.. no issues.

But I can't verify as I don't have either serial port or USB to Serial

Thanks to all of you for contributing and making this wonderful thread. A Special thanks to N0life.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Anonymous (3/20/09 5:20 AM) reply + / -
To South Raven: where is located the electronics on the Imaging Unit?

I have read somewhere that the counter is for about 20k pages

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by rinjerd (3/20/09 10:09 AM) reply + / -
Well, I've been using chip after chip and getting tired of replacing them (esp. the black toner) after 500 to 1000 copies. So I check back on this forum and see some more interesting info.

I still want to make a working hardware interface. I like the link that NOlife 3/13/09 has noted, but that page says to go to a Google blog site to get a "very detailed" description of the construction of that interface. But every time I go there it asks to sign in, so I created an account and it still won't sign me in, so I reset my password and it still won't sign me in. It keeps doing that over and over.

So does anyone have that info downloaded that they can share here?? Or anywhere else to look for it?

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by xcelgmuer (3/20/09 1:07 PM) reply + / -
I finally got fed up with this printer. If someone wants to purchase my printer with aftermarket chips and parts (extra imaging unit and new magenta and yellow cartridge) and my homemade chip resetter let me know. To be upfront, I will not garentee anything. The software said the fuser would "overheat" sometimes and the transfer belt needs replaced. Currently the prints were lighter on the bottom half the page. I just have too many various issues with this thing. Thanks.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by rinjerd (3/21/09 9:58 AM) reply + / -
What is your price? If not so much, including shipping to California, I may be interested. I would use it for parts. May need a new heat sensor.

How much just for your chip resetter, which you have said can read fine? I could never get mine to read at all, including the Dubber Toner chips.

Also, what is the page count?

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by South_Raven (3/21/09 9:56 PM) reply + / -
The imaging unit electronics are located behind the front cover of the imaging unit. Remove the toners and you will see a phillips head screw in the cavity where the toners are inserted. Remove the toners, and the waste sump, take out the 2 screws, pop 2 tabs across the top and one tab on the bottom left where the sump was and you can remove this cover. Once its removed you can see the gears, solenoids and other electronics that run and control the toner dispensing. The wiring from the imaging unit to the printer chassis runs underneath the imaging unit to a connector that is exposed under the left front edge of the drum if you turn the unit so that the drum is facing you. This is also the same bundle of wires that you see in the pictures that were shown when you are cleaning the developer housings and you rotate the drum assembly away from the developer housings.

Considering the number of functions that the imaging unit does and the number of wires that are in the bundle I believe they are using serial data again here to communicate between the printers main pcb and the imaging unit pcb.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by m.alhutami (3/21/09 10:14 PM) reply + / -
can any one help me doing the reset device for clp300?

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by desigur (4/9/09 6:40 PM) reply + / -
http://www.w109.com/2008/en/products.asp?id=894
to south raven
So there is a reset for imaging unit. just that others people find it and we dont. keep searching but this nite I've got left only 3 hours to sleep so I call it off.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by K2teknik (4/24/09 9:45 PM) reply + / -
Do you need at reset chip ?
I was thinking, the printer is delivered with some toner-cartridge that do not contain a chip at all, so may be it run fine without a chip ?

Selling Samsung CLP-300 and reset chip by xcelgmuer (4/27/09 9:34 AM) reply + / -
I'm listing this again. If someone wants to purchase my printer with aftermarket chips and parts (extra used imaging unit and new magenta and yellow cartridge) and my homemade serial chip resetter that is usb powered. To be upfront, I will not garentee anything. The software reported that the fuser would "overheat" sometimes and the transfer belt needs replaced. Currently, the prints were lighter on the bottom half the page. I just have too many various issues with this thing. All of this for $75 (includes shipping to US only) through paypal. Thanks.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Anonymous (5/4/09 8:11 PM) reply + / -
joi

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by rinjerd (5/21/09 5:20 PM) reply + / -
To xcelgmuer:
Did you ever sell your equipment? If not, I am interested. Let me know.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by rinjerd (5/28/09 8:24 AM) reply + / -
Thanks, I think I'll go ahead and buy it. I can use the parts, but I am most interested in your resetter, which you have said that it works for you. I'll probably email you with some questions once I get the package.

Thanks again.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by branch69 (6/18/09 5:20 AM) reply + / -
Please can anyoen help I have a CLP 300n, proabably about a year old, been working fine on a set of replacement cartridges, now we are getting a red light. I used to be able to pull the toner assembly out then push it back in and it would work, now all we get is a red light no matter what we try.
I have followed the instructions above and dismantalled the toner assembley and cleaned the top lids of them all with the hoover, I left the toner in the tray , not sure if I was supposed to hoover all that out too.
I also cleaned out the waste dump with the hoover, but still a red light, anything else I can do am really stuck. Do I really have to buy another?

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Mad Professor (7/11/09 5:32 AM) reply + / -
I have been watching this thread since I brought my CLP-300N.

I brought my printer 2nd hand but it did not come with any tonner, I brought a full set of compatible tonners from eBay.

Now my black tonner says it's empty, but if I remove the refill bung there is a good 1/4 of tonner still left.

I have made the simple com-port interface and can read my chip, but I can only write from (80) to (F0), no matter what I try I can not write any new data from (00) to (80).

Can you please advice what I can try.

Thanks for your time.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by m.alhutami (7/11/09 6:15 AM) reply + / -
Mad professor can show me how u did your interface.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Mad Professor (7/11/09 6:37 AM) reply + / -
I build my interface as shown here: http://www.chiprecharge.com/images/siprogeng.jpg
I used 2x 5.1v 0.5w zener diodes, and 2x 2.2k 1/2w resistors.

As said I can write anything I like to the 2nd half of the chip, but am unable to write anything to the 1st half.

I understand that you are not able to use the OEM chips, but I would of thought I should be ok, as my chips where fitted to compatible tonners.

Thanks for your time.

Re: Samsung CLP-315 reset chip by Anonymous (7/13/09 8:22 AM) reply + / -
This may be the wrong place to post this, but I would like some information on REFILLING AND RESETTING SAMSUNG CLP315 CARTRIDGES. Can anyone help???

Re: Samsung CLP-315 reset chip by richiekins (7/13/09 8:50 AM) reply+1 + / -
Someone - HELP! I would like some information on resetting CLP315 systems. The toner cartridges are considerably different in nature to the CLP300.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by m.alhutami (7/13/09 12:48 PM) reply + / -
hi there , witch program should i use to read n write to the chip and what port should i use

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Remedy (8/10/09 7:35 AM) reply + / -
Hi Mad Professor,

I've the same problem. I tried to reset the original chip and it seems as if the important area that contains the serial number is protected...
So, do we have to buy 3rd party chips and glue them on top of the cartridges? (Sry, if this was already answered, but I did not read the _whole_ thread in detail)

Cheers

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Mad Professor (8/10/09 7:57 AM) reply + / -
I gave up trying to reprogram the chip, so I ended up going on eBay and picking up a new black toner cart and chip.

I have no idea if the new chip is programable yet, as I needed to get the printer working ASAP.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Mac_fly (8/10/09 3:28 PM) reply + / -
Sorry men, which toner do you buy to refill the cartdriges¿ where do you buy it?

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Anonymous (8/10/09 5:15 PM) reply + / -
www.dubber-toner.com

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Mac_fly (8/11/09 12:15 AM) reply + / -
but that ink it's more expensive than buying a new one! does not exist a bult ink bottle to refill the cardtridges? any ink works?

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Soulastro (8/25/09 10:08 PM) reply + / -
Hi guys,

I know my question has nothing to do with resetting chips, but I was just wondering if anyone can tell me what "dev.home error" means? I ran Samsung Smart Panel and this is what came up, now the status indicator is at a steady red.

Can anyone help?

-Tom

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Mike L (8/26/09 1:53 AM) reply + / -
It's may be error of home position of transfer belt. If you can clear sensor of TBU.

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Anonymous (8/26/09 6:50 AM) reply + / -
Don't give up! First part of chip is doesn't metter. Write correct information in second part of chip and go ahaed!
All non original chips are fully programable.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by service2u (9/2/09 1:39 PM) reply + / -
Hi All

I have built the programer using - http://www.chiprecharge.com/images/siprogeng.jpg

It worked fine using the software - http://www.lancos.com/prog.html ( i used V2.07c )

Read an OEM Chip - but could not write (must be write protected) to prevent reset.

Read Magenta Compatible ok, changed the first 4 numbers after crum and seems to work in printer,

This one was taken out a while ago as it said it was empty but as there was a bit of toner in, i reset it and it worked. Even printed the usual sheet out sayin "toner installed successfully"

Just need to verify with each colour what needs to be changed in order to get them to work

Regards and many thanks

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by service2u (edited 9/2/09 2:05 PM) reply + / -
Hi

Uploaded the dump of a yellow version

http://www.service2u.co.uk/Test/clp300/clp300n_yellow_comp_edited.jpg

Please can someone shed a light on the data?

Also interested in resetting the image unit if anyone can help

will post my first crude chip resetter soon - but it works

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by obl (9/16/09 10:17 PM) reply + / -
Hi again, today my xerox 6110 is dead, black cardtridge are blocked without flashing led or low toner.
I tried to reflash, but I cant writre the first bytes, and when try to write only de 2nd part of memory printer refuses to do anything.
I tried with many roms and programmers but cant change the first group of data. Now I fill with random numbers and characters and the printers wakeup but the quality DROPS to NONE in both colour and B/W.
I wish to return of quality!!! help

PD: The chip is a refill chip and dead at 050% of toner.

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Anonymous (9/22/09 4:30 PM) reply + / -
hello please please can u send me the full version of chiprecharge at my email hellojoseph1@yahoo.com
thank you

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by obl (9/22/09 5:19 PM) reply + / -
Hi, now again here. Finally I can do.
I replaced IC AT34c02 with someone 24c02, i tried too with internet romdata, with no acknowledge for the printer. Printers one and anotherone refuses new romdata. Manu pictures of dumprom are filled with 00 when my chip requieres FF. Elsewhere, I fill romdata with new-new rom info, and printers works again with 0 pages, 100% remains toner. The CRUM n° basics, canbe random, in my particular case.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by trybefore (10/11/09 12:32 AM) reply + / -
This is a fascinating thread. I have a question, if most of the ussage data is stored in the printer, is it not possible/easier to modify the contents of the printer?

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by loi (10/22/09 12:45 AM) reply + / -
correct^^

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by branch69 (10/22/09 2:13 AM) reply + / -
does anyone sell permanent reset chips? I bought some cartridges from Ebay which had been refilled and they worked fine, then I bought a set of ink and chips for more money from ebay only to discover the ink comes in huge bottles but there is only enough ink for 1 refill and the chips have to be replaced! so what was the point it's actually less advantage to buy the kit seeing as I have to refill em manually.
What I'm after is permanent reset chips and a supply of ink refill powder? any tips?

Appreciate any advice.

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Anonymous (10/22/09 7:56 AM) reply + / -
i made serial interface, and it works, it reads my chip, BUT, i dont how to change or reset my chips, what button should i click to reset it please mail me..HELP!

i know someone who sells permanent chip, mail me loi0323@yahoo.com

Re: Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Anonymous (11/4/09 5:13 PM) reply + / -
Hello, you must read posts above. Here exist many ways to reset chip.
Remember, the reset procedure is equal to Reprogram data in memory (many times 24c02 compatible).
If you need faster chip reset, must be write all data with random data and install it. The printer recognices it how a refill cartdridge and drops quality signifactily.
In the recents post exist the data to reset it. Carefully choose a new CRUM number to lies about procedence of it.
Are you using PonyProg? if its case, I can send a copy of rom (remember choose a crum number similar to your region of cartridge).

Re: Re: Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Anonymous (11/4/09 7:14 PM) reply + / -
yes im using pony program, please send me copy its loi0323@yahoo.com

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by branch69 (11/18/09 8:31 AM) reply + / -
we get a yellow & black strip down one edge no matter how many times I clean the drum, is there anything I can do?

Really appreciate the help as we can't print anything without this happening.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Hugos (12/7/09 2:27 AM) reply + / -
Hello all

Unfortunately the chip AT24C02 or (34R02 identical) using TWO Write protection fuses

1/ HARDWARE WP, you tie pin 7 to VCC to protect write.
When you tie to VSS you can write anything what do you like.

But another which is more dangerous.

2/ SOFTWARE WP (permanent you can not go back to unprotected)

The printer actually set the software fuse (WP)at the end off the toner so the chip is hopeless when you run out off the toner. You can not rewrite data at all.

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Hugos (edited 12/7/09 2:49 AM) reply + / -
Hi,
So what happening after while when you print … many pages,with the pin 7 tie to VCC?
thanx
Question for the Anonymous FROM 3/19/09 3:47 AM

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by vitesse (12/25/09 10:26 AM) reply + / -
Can anyone post the cleaning guide as it seem the website is down.

thanks for your help.

Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by XtremeX (1/5/10 2:48 AM) reply + / -
Can send a copy of roms to me too? Thx. to my mail: g.clau.g at gmail.com
because the .e2p files from guru is not available :(

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Anonymous (1/30/10 1:35 PM) reply + / -
Can send a copy of e2p file also to me? My mail is: mr.cunningam@gmail.com.
Thanks.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by scx 4500 (1/31/10 5:34 AM) reply + / -
Hi,
Do u shorting 93c66 would work on samsung scx-4500 (toner ml-1630A)

also the red light indicating toner exhaustion is already blinking.

Doesnt seem to be the most similar printers, but this is the closest topic i could find...

Thanks

Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by roffek12 (2/1/10 11:19 AM) reply + / -
Just like to know, among other things about this printer.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by rlevy (2/7/10 9:28 PM) reply + / -
I don't know if this is relevant, but I've been using 3rd party chips for about 6 months. Printer will now not be recognized on any computer (been using an imac with 10.5 Leopard, but tried on a macbook pro and a PC-Vista).

Tried all the normal steps -- unplugging printer and computer, switching USB cables (3x) and ports, reinstalling current software and driver -- no USB recognition on any computer, yet the drivers ARE in the Mac Library where they belong.

I suspect something in the chips (1 or all?) that got corrupted?? Do they talk to the USB port on the printer? Device is not recognized on the computer. Printer will print a test page just fine offline.

thanks for any help.
Ron

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-315 reset chip by yakssh (3/10/10 8:18 AM) reply + / -
Apart of size nothing is different, I have refilled both CLP310 and 315, but just the problem is resetting of chip, and would defineatly would like to as per raven instruction, let's see , how it works out

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by singsong (3/26/10 4:24 AM) reply + / -
Recently, I bought a set of 3 compatible Samsung CLP toner.
Yellow toner read fine, but black toner read as Invalid Black toner kit. Could any one tell what is wrong. I am trying to build the chip reseter to see what call out in the Hex file. If anyone have a solution, please let me know, thnks

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by ReneG (4/6/10 7:03 AM) reply + / -
I have succesfully reset my imageunit of my Xerox 6110. I used the front connector to acces the chip. When you look at the connector you must use the lower strip of contacts en then use the four contacts on the right.
From the left to the right:
VCC - GND - CLK - Data

If you let all the toners in the unit you can see them all in Ponyprog.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Kent1957 (4/6/10 7:35 PM) reply + / -
Do I still need to reprogram the chips if I get two sets of toners in each color and switch and refill them befor they print 1000 pages?

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by ReneG (4/7/10 9:20 AM) reply + / -
I think you need to set te counter aria to zero or else the printer reads the counter of the chip. I think you don't have to change the CRUM number, but only the counter on the chip.
You can look at
http://clp-300.blogspot.com/
it discripes a permanent reset chip. (the printer is unable to write to the chip, so the counter on the chip stays zero and only the counter in the printer is counting, when switching the toners this internal counter is reset)

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Anonymous (4/7/10 9:34 AM) reply + / -
I'm sorry i ment from right to left

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by rlevy (4/11/10 10:03 PM) reply + / -
Reposting from a few months ago:

Tried for weeks getting my CLP-300 to print. Prints fine offline, but not recognized when connected with USB. Tried different USB cables, different computers, different computer ports, mac vs PC -- never recognized. Downloaded current software and verified installation on all computers.

So I'm down to probably some problem in the printer USB board.

Anyone know whether this is user replaceable? Or any other workaround?

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by singsong (4/14/10 3:31 AM) reply + / -
Finally managed to get my invalid black toner reset. Thank you

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by pawe³ (4/18/10 9:53 AM) reply + / -
ReneG Do you may send me to e-mail crum Imaging unit xerox 6110

p_budzik@op.pl

Re: Samsung CLP-300 metering blades by Mergatroid (5/7/10 11:35 AM) reply + / -
Hello.

I have a customer unit here with the same symptom you describe where the black on the left side is streaky and text comes out missing where the streaks are.

I followed your instructions and removed the transfer roller assemblies and cleaned the metering blades for each colour. However, even though I cleaned them and made sure the small foam seals you were referring to are not under the blades I am still getting faded black on the left side. The colours work fine.

We were able to substitute this transfer drum assembly into another printer and test it so we know this assembly is definitely the problem.

I would appreciate if you have any further suggestions before I tell the customer the assembly must be replaced and perhaps it's time to replace the entire unit considering the price of the transfer assembly.

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 metering blades by Mergatroid (5/7/10 1:59 PM) reply + / -
Just FYI. Another customer has a transfer unit that is completely toast and had to be replaced.

We asked for his old imaging cartridge and he gave it to us. I was able to use the black transfer assembly from it to repair this first unit (after I had cleaned it as well). It's working perfectly now.

The original transfer unit was streaky all across, and it kept getting worse every time I cleaned it. I have inspected the blade under a magnifying glass and it looks to be in good shape, I also made sure it was not bent in any way and compaired it to the blade in the new transfer assembly and they looked the same, so whatever is causing the streaks escapes me.

It reminds me of some black transfer assemblies where they use a foam pad in place of the blade, and the pad ages causing the same problem. However, as I mentioned, the blade is in good condition.

They're OEM cartridges installed so I don't think it's the toner.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Anonymous (5/25/10 6:30 AM) reply + / -
I have a problem with reset Image Unit in CLP-300. I bought a reseter in Blueera
http://www.w109.com/2008/en/products.asp?id=900
and I don't know how I can reset the chip in Image Unit. Perhaps somebody has .bin file which I may write to the chip ?
Please help me, It's very urgent

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by P. Alexis (5/28/10 2:49 PM) reply + / -
My clp-300 after reset don't print!!!
How possible?
This is my modified yellow:
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/6534/immagineo.gif

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by oregan (6/1/10 12:12 AM) reply + / -
Hi Centran
Is it perhaps possible to mail me the pdf as your site is down as expected and the pdf unavailable.
Your help is appreciated
Regards
Riaan

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by oregan (6/1/10 12:14 AM) reply + / -
Hi Centran
Is it perhaps possible to mail me the pdf as your site is down as expected and the pdf unavailable.
Your help is appreciated
Regards
Riaan

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Egidijus (6/29/10 4:48 AM) reply + / -
Is it posible to reset CLP-300 chip with stk500 v2 ?

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by rootpassword (edited 7/4/10 8:25 AM) reply + / -
I need e2p files of black, yellow, magenta and cyan cartriges. Tnx

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by SANDIP OZA (7/4/10 9:20 PM) reply + / -
call me for all solutions for sam-clp-305,315 printer toner reset problem i have a nice solution for that,
i do have a chip which you need to install in your printer"s board and get 100% solutions,,ALSO FOR XEROX-3100,SAM-1640 NEW MODELS SOFT WARE,SAM-4300 SOFTWARE
call me 09824499444 or send a mail loyalinfotech@yahoo.in

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by hirschbj (7/17/10 12:06 PM) reply + / -
I have a weird problem with my clp300. The magenta color is not covering adequately so some parts of the page have red, others don't. When it first starting happening, I could get some improvement by shaking the whole imaging unit to distribute the red. Now even that doesn't work. The cartridge is full and no warnings come up. I probably need to clean something, but can't find the instructions. Can someone please help?
--Jack

Re: Samsung CLP-300,1640,4300 reset chip by sandipoza (7/18/10 6:10 AM) reply + / -
call me for all solutions for sam-clp-305,315 printer toner reset problem i have a nice solution for that,
i do have a chip which you need to install in your printer"s board and get 100% solutions

Re: Samsung CLP-300,1640,4300 reset chip by sandipoza (7/18/10 6:13 AM) reply + / -
i do have a chip which you need to install in your printer"s board and get 100% solutions

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by kara (7/19/10 3:46 AM) reply + / -
Mr hirschbj,
I have one pdf in which you can find clp300 cleaning procedure with photos.
If you want to try it with your own risk,pl contact me thro email
kara1946@in.com pl
kara

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by albion man (8/2/10 12:56 AM) reply + / -
I have had a CLP300 for around 20 months and until last week everything has been OK. I have refilled/rechipped the original cartridges and also used "Inkrite" compatibles. When I loaded the last of the Inkrite cartridges (Magenta) the printer report indicated that it had been installed correctly, but the magenta LED continued to blink indicating low toner. I then replaced it with a refilled/rechiped original, using toner and a chip from a reliable source. The LED continued to blink. The printer status report shows some very strange figures for Magenta.

Toner Image Count: 462/2/463/176 C/M/Y/K
Toner Remains Percent:72%/5%/75%/93% C/M/Y/K
Toner Average Coverage: 3%/2377%/2%/3% C/M/Y/K

I guess that these numbers are stored somewhere within the printer. I am reluctant to try another chip in case the printer corrupts it also. Can anyone offer any advice on how to overcome this?

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by rixa-m (8/2/10 2:09 AM) reply + / -
Hello,
Iam resetted my Xerox 4118 toner chip along 5 times and it was ok and worked fine. But now, i can resetting the chip (with code from a new chip) -this works fine- but the printer say "no toner" when iam replace the toner.
Please help !
-Sorry for my bad english, it is not my native language :-)

greetings

rixa-m

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by alfa88 (8/25/10 12:51 PM) reply + / -
I am just pondering here and I believe this has been hinted at before but what would be the effect of just lifting the Write Protect leg of the EEprom of a not yet empty cartridge and then connecting it to +V to enable Write Protect. Wouldn't that keep the printer from updating the stats in the cartridge? Then you wouldn't have to fool with programming or a fixture. Just a thought.

samsung clp-315 imaging unit problem by aurelio (9/2/10 2:10 AM) reply + / -
anyone knows how reset imaging unit counter?

With 3 printers, if I try every imaging units on the first printer (that work correctly) they are ricognized right, while if I try the same parts on the others two, they aren't recognized. So I assume that the imaging units are still good, but the page counters about them, reports that their life cicle is ended. How I can reset this information???

thanks in advance

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Alfredo Tonelli (9/28/10 2:01 AM) reply + / -
Can you help me to build a cable that can read the chips for samsung clp 300 for ponyprog ???
I can pay you.
And I hope to create a collaboration with you for othe chips

Kind Regards
Alfredo Tonelli

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by ian170 (9/30/10 12:22 PM) reply + / -
hello,

which data did you use to reset the imaging drum? Could you post some screendumps of all installed cartridges and the image drum data?

Thanks a lot

Re: Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by sissy2010 (10/3/10 5:58 AM) reply + / -
Just installed Samsung toner cartridge in a CLX-3160 and am still getting light streaks in the same area. Have really not used this printer much. Years ago just bought canon printers and they were work horses. This thing is junk. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, sissy

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by alfa88 (10/3/10 6:44 PM) reply + / -
I can give you some general advice on the streaks that may help. Locate the image drum unit and clean the surface with a slightly damp cloth. No solvents. Avoid exposing the unit to bright light.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Ingo90 (10/8/10 2:50 AM) reply + / -
It's not the best place for my question, but I got a used Xerox Phaser 6110N, which is very closed a Samsung CLP-300N, but without any Cartridges. The printer was very dirty, toner powder everywhere, and I dissamble the drum unit to clean up. Now I got some questtions:

1. Can I reset the counter of this drum unit, too. There are two ICs onboard, one PAQ811, which is a digital analogue IC, on which, I think no data are stored for counting. And I believe an ATMEL 'ATMLH814 34C ...' which could be the counter chip of the drum unit. But I didn't find any datasheets about this ATMEL on the net. Furthermore there is a ATMEL 24C64 on the mainbord of the printer where the data for the drum unit could be stored, too. Perhaps someone can help me.

2. I haven't any cartridges for Xerox but many for my old crashed CLP-300N. The cartridges will work with the Xerox if there are the richt data inside the chips. I think the string 'SAMSUNG' has to be changed by 'XEROX', but I haven't any Xerox dumps of the counter chips. Can anybody post some dumps of Xerox chips, so that I can re-program my SAMSUNGs to XEROX

Thanks a lot

Ingo

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Xerox6110 (10/9/10 10:43 AM) reply + / -
I got the same problem Xerox 6110N without Xerox toner. Who can post dumps of the XEROX chips. Would be very helpful.

Michael

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by xero (10/14/10 6:07 PM) reply + / -
I've tried the ReneG solution on my xerox and it is great because you make just one connection to do everything.

You need the programmer interface and the PonyProg as said in the posts before this.
But, instead of acting on the toner refills, just remove the drum unit.

Then look on the connector with 2 lines (11 + 11), you connect to the bottom line, on the right.
From right to left you connect
VCC - GND - CLK - Data

it appears that all the interfaces are serialized into one, so you magically read 1280 bytes in a block: Y M C K and O, where I suppose that O is the drum unit. Instead the
CY300EUR.SAMSUNG/CY300EUR..IY (or CY300XRH.XEROX../CY300XRH..IY for xerox) it says CO300... etc.
There is also a CRUM number. I have not tested but I suppose it works like the toners.

I tried the "write" (changing Y data, just to test) and it works. I saved the dump, I guess that I won't have to wait the drum end of life as, if so, the system will block the eprom; sometimes in the future, I should get the file, change the CRUM and "write".
The pity is that my saved dump probably includes a counter and I have already printed maybe 4000 pages (I really dunno). Zero or a few pages would be better.
If somebody can try to read his new unit, you are welcome to post the dump of the last section (O, the drum).

I don't know if there are other counters (on 22 pins, this uses just 4...). If someone knows, tell us :)

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by cyberstorm (10/22/10 1:34 PM) reply + / -
Guys, thanks to "xero" we have now the chip for our Xerox 6110.

For the black just replace the:
CK300EUR.SAMSUNGCK300EUR
with:
CK300XRH.XEROX..CK300XRH

The "." is a padding with hex value "FF".

Similarly for the other CRUMs.

Have fun!

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by sparky537 (edited 11/7/10 7:12 AM) reply + / -
I have a Xerox 6110 that for all intents and purposes is the same machine with a different badge on it.
I am a low use owner 3,618 pages in four years !
I am still using the original toner that came with the machine.
But when I printed out the consumables pages I found :-

Image count 757/772/785/1240
Toner remaining 14%/12%/18%/49%
Time to do something about the dwindling toners.
Having read all the posts on this thread I made the interface and got the I2CBus Stop condition error (bad timing?) (-20)
No matter what I tried it would not work, I eventualy sorted it by plugging in to a computer with a proper serial port !
It seems that it won't work with a usb-serial converter.
With all the information in this thread I have reset all the existing cartridges to 100% :-)
And the imager to 0 copies. :-)
The point of this post is that I have noticed a pattern in all cartridges and the imager unit.
The image count number seems to be stored in the location below
in hex
0000D0 00 00 HE RE 00 00 00 00-00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

If I put the digits/letters into a hex-decimal converter the number coresponds with the number of copys shown on the consumables print out.

Many thanks to all that have contributed to this brilliant thread.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by obl (11/27/10 7:41 PM) reply + / -
Hi, again... my Xerox 6110 is dead... two weeks ago, at completed startup redlight appears and hang... if stay in this condition around half hour when poweroff and poweron restart... but currently NO.
I buyed another used CLP300 to use how source of replacements but... this CLP300 works fine... only have TOO many pages printed... and counter marks around 25000 pages... print quality is 8pts.
I tried to find how I can reset and reprogram mi Xerox imageunit to put into CLP300. Swap only dont function, because misture MFG and data. Toners cartdridges currently are reprogramed but need reprogram and put to zero ImageUnit.
If somebody knows it, please I will apreciated

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset unit by obl (11/29/10 5:21 AM) reply + / -
Hi, yesterday try to alternate Belttransfer between Xerox and CLP, but CLP can't make a good impresion with it, no all toner are tranferred to paper. (XEROX ITB=10pts, CLP=6pts...). Next days I try to exchange Drum cilinder but, need reprogram unit elsewhere. I fear for accidental cut cables around socket.
In all chip cartridges, I use a simple metod, blank all under CRUM ID with 00, change CRUM (some last digits) and copy at high and low this... filled all around with zeros. This is because, when I try to copy internet files or pictures, printer refuses to reconocy and probably for zone or similar. Only a chip can't reprogram... chips take correct data but printer putoff, and when try same data whit another printer says Ok. Somebody reprograms Xerox MB whith Samsung Firmware?...

Re: Samsung scx-4623fw reset chip Help.. by hellohi2002 (1/11/11 2:15 AM) reply + / -
hi, guy i already made the serial interface to read the chip On 4623fw which is Toner 105l. but i haven't hard time read the data. PP2000 keep saying no device respone. what's wrong please help.. thank you...

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by martinlbb (1/18/11 4:45 AM) reply + / -
A french guy posted on a dedicated blog a way to reset all info (page count, imaging unit and so one).

http://samclp.over-blog.com/

He got a nice idea: connecting to I2C bus on back of imaging unit. Then, you have all four cartdrige + imaging unit available in only one reading.
I made a small new hack: you can modify right front side of imaging unit to install banana plugs. Then it's more easier to interact with cartdriges and imaging unit.

BTW, you can plug directly to printer I2C bus, allowing you modify page count...

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by martinlbb (1/19/11 8:06 AM) reply + / -
Imaging unit reset.

There is an I2C eeprom inside imaging unit. When connecting to i2S bus on back of imaging unit (see previous post), you can read all cartriges and imaging unit eeproms.

Map is as follow:
0000-003F Yellow
0100-013F Magenta
0200-02FF Cyan
0300-03FF Black
0400-04FF Imaging Unit.

Resetting imaging unit is straight forward, it's like toner cartdrige.

Just change CRUM serial number (0x004B5 to 0x004BF) and reset to 00 following hex: 0x004C1 to 0x004C3 and 0x004D1 to 0x004D3).

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by roman_tyk (2/2/11 10:41 AM) reply + / -
HI
I have a lot of problems with my CLP 300 printer.
I reseted all toner chips using ponyProg2000, but unfortunately by printed is still rejecting black one. "Black toner is not installed".

I changed all CRUMS on printer chip also (unit imaging, K,M,C,Y)but my printer still rejecting black :/

Does anybody has some similar problems?

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by martinlbb (2/3/11 5:41 AM) reply + / -
Roman_tyk, I've tried to answer your mail, but it failed (account disabled or not yet active).

Here is a copy of my answer:

I think your problem is really simple. It's not a problem of CRUM or bad bin, just a question of bad contact.

You have a bad contact between black cartridge and printer.

First, verify that black toner chip is on the good axis (sometime, you can invert chip position if you disassemble it).
Second, try to raise a little bit black chip on toner box. It's help you to make a good connection between toner box and printer.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by roman_tyk (2/3/11 6:03 AM) reply + / -
Hi!
I am sure that my connection to printer is ok.

Today I will try another idea, I will fetch EEPROm from mainboard printer. Then i will remain all vaule to 00.

In startup printer CPU should fill neccessary fields in memory and it should works without chips on toners (start in brand new printer).

What do you think about this?

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by cwmdu (3/5/11 8:29 AM) reply + / -
Good idea.

Hex dump contents first so you can recover it.

Try setting to all FF (usually erased state)

We need a mainboard eeprom hex dump from a new printer? anyone?

Maybe if we also disable write?

Or someone clever to hack the firmware?

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by hiyamike (4/4/11 3:18 PM) reply + / -
Can you chaps adapt something from this Samsung clp-315 crack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXvnrHrZJ7A

Regards, Mike.

RESET XEROX 6110 by OZO333 (4/6/11 7:24 AM) reply + / -
COMO RESETEAR CHIPS DE XEROX 6110 ? QUE NECESITO ?
POR FAVOR INFORMACION DETALLADA SE POCO...
DESDE YA MUCHAS GRACIAS

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by OBL (4/8/11 1:11 PM) reply + / -
Primero hola,
a) ¿Como resetear chip?: cambiando datos en la memoria
b) ¿Que necesito?: Lancos PonyProg, Ic-prog, JDM o I2c writter, quiza un 24C04 de repuesto SMD
c) ¿Se poco?: Que culpa tengo, acudir entonces a alguien que sepa

Metodo tipico:
1 Sacar los cartuchos de tonner, conectar VDD, VSS, DAT y CLK al programador
2 Leer la configuracion y autodetectar el tipo de memoria I2c
si falla, re-sincronizar Lancos
3 Cargar manualmente o desde un archivo HEX los datos de un cartucho nuevo (si aun no esta totalmente acabado, se puede buscar en HEXA la info de consumibles que sale impresa y cambiarla en los 2 bloques que generalmente lleva esa memoria I2C
4 Reinstalar el cartucho y esperar que lo detecte. Si no lo detecta, aun se puede imprimer en mala calidad alterando el codigo del fabricante y dejando los demas campos vacios, hasta solucionar el tema.
5 Tomarse el trabajo de leer mas arriba

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by OBL (4/8/11 1:19 PM) reply + / -
Primero hola,
a) ¿Como resetear chip?: cambiando datos en la memoria
b) ¿Que necesito?: Lancos PonyProg, Ic-prog, JDM o I2c writter, quiza un 24C04 de repuesto SMD
c) ¿Se poco?: Que culpa tengo, acudir entonces a alguien que sepa

Metodo tipico:
1 Sacar los cartuchos de tonner, conectar VDD, VSS, DAT y CLK al programador
2 Leer la configuracion y autodetectar el tipo de memoria I2c
si falla, re-sincronizar Lancos
3 Cargar manualmente o desde un archivo HEX los datos de un cartucho nuevo (si aun no esta totalmente acabado, se puede buscar en HEXA la info de consumibles que sale impresa y cambiarla en los 2 bloques que generalmente lleva esa memoria I2C
4 Reinstalar el cartucho y esperar que lo detecte. Si no lo detecta, aun se puede imprimer en mala calidad alterando el codigo del fabricante y dejando los demas campos vacios, hasta solucionar el tema.
5 Tomarse el trabajo de leer mas arriba

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by klajos (4/11/11 12:28 AM) reply + / -
Hi roman_tyk!

What about your project? It is interesting me, because I have the same problem with my Xerox 6110. I changed the black toner( previous also had chip) and the printer doesn't accept any black toner. I tried many different content of EEPROM but without success. (Connection is OK - printer modifies two bytes: FF->A5)
Any help appreciated!

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by passarotrovao (4/12/11 1:27 AM) reply + / -
i have the xerox 6110 and the cpl-300 hex files for cyan toner the xerox is 512 and the cpl is only half the size 254. can anyone tell me about the software write protection that the printer does on the chip whn the printer "decides" that the toner is empy?
does anyone help me about reseting the xerox imaging drum?

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by passarotrovao (edited 4/12/11 1:47 AM) reply + / -
hello
how can i reset the image drum on my xerox 6110n? Here do you get the hex? or it is not needed?

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by passarotrovao (4/12/11 1:45 AM) reply + / -
where can i find the clp300imagefix

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by carmelo42 (5/17/11 12:05 AM) reply + / -
Here is a video with explication to disable the "counting" system.

After that, the counter will still remain at the same count : so you can print and print and print :)

http://c.ingrao.free.fr/blog/?p=410

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset by sugs (8/1/11 6:44 AM) reply + / -
IT is always amazing that in this forum ALL the answers to ALL the questions exist - simply read above and it is all there - but they still ask the same questions.

There is also a HUGE difference between the CLP-300 and other models .. the others ARE NOT the CLP-300 and are NOT the same!

If you read the above posts, you WILL learn and understand, it IS all there and YES, you can reset everything, including the Transfer Belt and Roller counts, quite simply.

Beware also of misleading posts to the contrary - unless the ITU has failed, you do not need to purchase another at 60 000 pages.

Re: disable counting system in Werox WC 3119 by Mt Colney (8/17/11 11:15 AM) reply + / -
Can anyone tell me how to disable the counting system in Xerox WC 3119

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by vbcom (11/3/11 9:47 PM) reply + / -
Thanks everyone for sharing your knowledges. I would like to add some comments/questions here as well.

1. For someone who wants to know how to clean the imaging unit blades, I tried openning up the imaging unit and cleaning each blade before, but it didn't work out very well, the printouts still had streaks and toner residues. So, I was about to throw the unit in trash, then I thought about giving it a last try. I removed all cartridges, then put the imaging unit in my garage on a plastic sheet on the floor,(no direct sun light to protect the drum), then I used an electric leaf blower (bought long time ago from Home Depot for my grass/driveway/light snow clean up) to blow all the toner out of the unit, it took awhile (~ 10 min) to blow all sides. After that, the unit looked very clean, just like new. I put it back in my printer (CLX3160FN) and installed toner cartriges, then printed a test page, voila, it printed cleanly since then (about 3 months already). I am very glad about that.

2. I never print color, all color cartridges I installed months ago were full (or at least stated so when I bought them from eBay). I only print shipping labels which are black and white. I even set my printer properties (in Windows) to use black color only. But somehow the printer now warns that Yellow and Magenta are low. It also asks me to replace black toner cartridge which has been for sure used a lot. No one else besides me is using the printer. Where did the color toner go? Does it mean Samsung is playing some trick to force users to buy toner regardless of whether they actually used toner or not?

3. Now the questions:

3.1. Why nobody here tries the method (http://samclp.over-blog.com/article-36861708.html) posted by martinlbb from a French fellow? You can translate it from French to English easily if you use Google Chrome. The alternate method of connecting Ponyprog to the Imaging Unit or the Imaging Unit connector inside the printer is quite simple, right?

3.2. If I want to go the "French way", do I still need to somehow build an interface? Can I connect the wires directly from Serial port to the Imaging Unit connector? Or do I still have to have the transistors and diods in between the wires?

3.3. I live in US, Missouri. Where can I buy those components (transistors, diods, wires...)? RadioShack? MicroCenter?

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by Mr.Vitalun (11/5/11 7:04 AM) reply + / -
http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/printer/71927#1

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by vbcom (11/5/11 8:36 AM) reply + / -
Mr. Vitalun, why do we need to change the firmware? Thanks. Also, could you answer the questions I have above?

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by brooksided (2/14/12 11:48 AM) reply + / -
Will using a toner cartridge without a chip affect print quality ?

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by subg (2/14/12 2:07 PM) reply + / -
I you read the above posts, and I actualy doubt many do.....
The carts without chips are supplied with the printers when they are new and once expired (determined by the amount of pages deemed to have been printed) cannot be used without the chip installed.
This is a function of the firmware in the printer and canot be changed.
You can place a chip on these carts and replace the toner to make them as good as new ones, over and over again, but a chip must be present for the printer to operate.

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by FilipeSilva (edited 3/26/12 5:45 PM) reply + / -
Hi
I have inserted new recicled color toners in my xerox 6110 after the old ones were empty, and the printer was only printing in B/w mode I think because everything I tried to print in color it only printed black.
So new toners and they are loaded without error so it should work fine, but no it still only print in b/w.

Edit: It seems that the printer does not convert colors to b/w, it seems to "forget" to add the colors ,because colored text is missing. If I send a print order as b/w it prints all the color stuff in black correctly.

Any idea how to change this?

thanks

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by jurkovms (9/9/12 11:13 AM) reply + / -
i see a couple mentions in this thread to "once expired (determined by the amount of pages deemed to have been printed)". I replaced the original cartridges about a year ago. the color toner does not get much use, so i still have a lot of toner in them. But over the past month, i have now had a second color cartridge suddenly be declared as an "invalid toner". Like I said there is still plenty of toner in the cartridge, and has worked fine for about a year.
I have no skills needed for replacing or resetting the chip. What other option do i have? Are all manufactures like this? I don't think i ever want to buy another Samsung printer again.

Re: Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by sugs (9/10/12 6:37 PM) reply + / -
Once Expired refers (and read the above postings) to the deemed number of pages printed
from a cart. This number is stored on the memory chip on the rear of the cart AND in
the printer itself along with some other data (cart number, pages printed, etc).
When you replace the toner, you need to replace the chip - not all chips can be reprogrammed !!!, however they are fairly cheap so just replace it.
Most printers (not just samsung) have these features to make for sales of carts, remember the printer is cheap and the comsumables expensive, where do they make their
ca$h?
I have a good article avail that explains how the Samsung 600 works in this regard and how to reprogam it including the belt, etc.
You can use the carts many many times before the plastic drive mechanism wears out but some of the chips are made non-programmable after they expire (if you reprogram you need to do this before it expires.
NOTE: you can only use the correct chip for the correct toner cart (cyan=cyan, etc) oterwise you get an INVALID message (you will also get INVALID if you dont plug it in correctly).
Give me your email address and I will send this article I have written, it explains it all.
garycl@hotmail.com

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by pontelongo (2/22/13 1:08 AM) reply + / -
dove posso trovare i files binari per i quattro colori da careicare sui 4 chipssaluti alberto

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by djdanielb (5/24/13 5:14 AM) reply + / -
hi people I've read all posts but now I've got a big problem...

My multifunction is CLX3160FN

i need 24C64 serial eprom dump installed inside printer.

My problem is that the printer doesn't recognize the magenta colour And reading this eprom I found all bit of CRUM MAgenta to FF

I try to edit it but the problem is that somewhere is written CM300EUR

So if I check by web inside configuration I found that che MAgenta cartige is Unidentified

could someone post this dump ?? or help me ?

Best regards

Daniel

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by vbcom (12/5/13 10:11 PM) reply + / -
Well, it is me again, after a little more than 2 years! Finally I had to sit down and create a resetter for myself. And amazingly, it worked from the first try. But...

I need to back track: After reading/posting here in 2011, I bought a resetter (it is a standalone small electronic circuit, no computer, just needs a USB port for power) on eBay and have been able to use it to reset my toner cartridges. That is why I didn't have to create a resetter myself.

About 2 months ago (Sep/Oct 2013), one of my CLX 3160 printers started giving message "replace imaging unit soon". I knew there was a way to reset it but didn't really push myself, until last Thanksgiving weekend (11/2013) the printer finally gave message "replace imaging unit" and refused to print. Luckily I had a spare unit and was able to replace it. Then just a few days later another printer said "replace imaging unit soon". Learning my lesson from the first printer, I decided to build a resetter myself as the one I bought from eBay probably wouldn't do it.

I went to Radio Shack, bought the diodes, resistors, took out the old welder and some lead, wires and started the exciting business of electrical engineering. After many times reading the posts and the diagrams referred to by this site (especially the site from a French fellow blog de bubu), checking and rechecking, I got my resetter built. Admittedly it was more of a spider web than a circuit but nonetheless it was an engineering feast! Then I realized none of my computers had a serial port, luckily (again), a few years back I bought a ThinClient (to use MagicJack) for my neighbor and he still had it. (The ThinClient uses embbed Windows XP and has many of the traditional ports on the back). After installing PonyProg and connecting my "resetter", it read the imaging unit chip without problem. I used WinHex to edit the content of the chip and wrote it back. Then inserted the imaging unit back to the printer and the printet thought it was a new one! No more "replacing blah blah blah...". Wow! I felt incredibly happy!

On the course of the next few days, I improved the resetter. I went back to Radio Shack and bought a small circuit board (around 2"x2.5"), laid the electronics on it, added an USB connector for power, added a female serial port, removed the imaging unit connector from an old/broken CLX 3160 printer and connected it to the wires on the circuit, secured everything in a small wooden box and now I had true resetter that was "Plug and Play".

As someone already mentioned above, reading from the imaging unit allows you to get the content of all toner cartriges, plus the imaging unit itself.

Sorry my post is long and most of it sounds like I am just bragging, but the main point is you can build a resetter for yourself and it can be very easy. It may take longer (as in my case) but in the end, it is very satisfying.

Thank you all and each one of you who contributed to this thread, especially South_Raven, JohnK, Martin, Blogdebubu...

Re: Samsung CLP-300 reset chip by vbcom (12/8/13 8:47 PM) reply + / -
More updates regarding resetting/cleaning imaging units:

1. I successfully reset 2 other imaging units (IU) using my new resetter. It is super easy now since every cable can be easily plugged in their ports.

2. Definitely watch out for some anomalies. At one point I was reading an IU which had no toner cartridges in them and the only data was the IU itself, so the address was shifted.

3. I was using a spare printer for testing these IU's. After many time inserting, removing, swapping, resetting ... the printer somehow reported yellow color low. I knew it wasn't low because it had been fine before. I swapped it with a new yellow cartridge anyway but the printer still said low (even after turning off/on, resetting color chip many times...). Then I decided to print a supplies report page and saw under [Consumables Information] Yellow Tone: INI (INI). I didn't see that in the previous reports with this printer so I assumed that the printer got confused after being messed around.

So, it appeared that there could be a way to make the printer accept initial (starter) cartridges again, (or think it is in initial mode). I don't know how to replicate the steps, but all I can say is that it is possible. I read the IU chip and only saw Magenta, Cyan, Black, IU data. There was no data for Yellow, yet the printer was OK with that. I think I will dump the content of the entire IU chip and save it. It might be useful later.

4. Cleaning the blades turned out not to be a daunting task. Following South_Raven's instructions, it is so easy: On the IU, basically you just need to remove the 2 screws, then push the tabs at the bottom (one on each end), then wiggle the right side first (the toner sump side) and eventually you should be able to swing it around and rest it on the side.

I would like to point out that when doing this, stand the IU on the toner cartridges side (with the toner sump and cartridges removed, this side is quite stable to let the IU stand on).

Watch out for a small spring on the left side, top of the yellow blade assembly. It is held in place by the drum left arm and a plastic pin on the yellow blade assembly. Don't let it fly away when you lift the drum off.

The reason I had to clean the IU this way was that my method of using a leaf blower to clean the IU didn't work out this time. After blowing ferociously a few times, printout was still having big swaths of white bands (missing black ink) around half an inch wide each.

After removing the black assembly and its cover, I could see clearly that the roller was missing toner right at the areas where the white bands were. The underside of the cover had some toner, but not quite stuck/sticky since a gentle sweep could remove it. I cleaned it anyway and tap the other roller (there are two rollers in each blade assembly) a few times while roll it around.

One thing after putting things back: print a few times to make sure the cleaning steps taken above are effective. After printing first page, I was a little disappointed because I could still see a big white band. I thought I would have to open everything up and clean again. However, looking closely at the text, I could see in the white band, the toner got darker down the page, so I thought the roller just needed more time to get toner distributed evenly. I printed a second page and the third page, and couldn't be happier: the pages were clear, the text was crisp. I couldn't tell the difference between a new IU and this one.

5. In the previous post, I said the printer first displayed "Replacing imaging unit soon" then later displayed "Replace imaging unit". It appears that the printer is treating the IU the same way it treats toner cartridges. Once it says "Replace imaging unit" or "Replace [color] cartridge", it means it already zapped the poor thing, resetting the chips at this point doesn't help. Resetting only works when the printer is displaying warning messages like "Replace imaging unit soon" or "[color] toner low".

6. If you happen to have a broken printer or an old/worn out IU, don't throw them away. I was able to get some parts (power supply board, IU connectors, Dev solenoid...) out of my other broken printer to put into another one.

Speaking of IU connector... it is identical to the connector in the printer itself. These are swappable, they are just turned upside down and insert into each other easily (I will call these reversible). Say you have 2 IU's, one is bad, one is good, and you want to build an IU Resetter (as described earlier on this thread). To connect your resetter to the IU, you can insert each wire individually to the connector on the IU, and try to keep them attached to the pins; or you can remove the connector from the bad IU and solder your wires to its pins first (on the back side of course), then when you are ready, plug it into the connector on the good IU which needs counter reset.

I was also able to swap out a circuit board on an IU that the printer zapped with another board from an old IU (having bad drum) which I kept around just in case. Swapping in the board allowed me to use the IU again even though previously the printer said "Replace imaging unit" on this IU. The board, presumably bad because of "Replace imaging unit" message earlier, has something like a small fuse (about the size of a resistor) on its back. I will do some research and/or replace that "fuse", hopefully it is it, then I can have a good board again. Not that I need it, but it can prove a point (how Samsung disables an IU in CLX 3160 series).

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters