fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

HP 2420dn paper 'jam'

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

HP 2420dn paper 'jam' by clntjns (9/13/07 12:06 PM) reply + / -
I get a paper jam in tray 2 message, but the fix never involves pulling out jammed paper. I just have to open tray 2, push the paper back onto the stack, close the tray and hit the check mark button. Then the printer will print until this problem happens again--sometimes the next page, sometimes ten pages later. It seems like its either not picking up the paper or it's picking up an extra sheet perhaps. I thought maybe the pickup roller is worn out and/or that the separation pad is worn out. Any ideas or experience on this issue? and best place to get parts?

Re: HP 2420dn paper 'jam' by clntjns (9/13/07 12:10 PM) reply + / -
I 'fixed' the original problem by wiping the tray 2 pickup roller with a damp paper towel. Now it immediately starts picking up paper when it starts a job, resulting in paper stuck all along the paper path through the printer. Do I have a faulty clutch now?

Re: HP 2420dn paper 'jam' by clntjns (9/13/07 12:18 PM) reply + / -
Error 49.2F9D

Re: HP 2420dn paper 'jam' by moe (9/13/07 1:18 PM) reply + / -
Probably knocked the plate off of the solenoid that's supposed to keep the roller from turning until the command to let it go is sent.

Re: Re: HP 2420dn paper 'jam' by clntjns (9/13/07 1:35 PM) reply + / -
Thanks for responding! How would I go about resetting the plate? Should I follow a procedure similar to that found here:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/ service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1149004

Re: HP 2420dn paper 'jam' by moe (edited 9/13/07 1:44 PM) reply + / -
You would have to take the right side panel off to access it. There is also a small return spring on the end of it that you would have to reattach. If I remember correctly, you'll have to pull the gear train assembly off as well. I would take a look and see if I could reattach it (if it did fall off) without tearing stuff apart.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters