fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Oki error codes

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Oki error codes by Noel (4/20/02 5:48 AM) reply-1 + / -
Oki OL400e printer displaying error 71 whats wrong? (full list of error codes would be good)Am a retired photocopy tech so have some knowledge of operation!

Re: Oki error codes by skip (4/25/02 1:41 PM) reply + / -
http://my.okidata.com/Home.nsf/Welcome?OpenFrameSet

I hope this helps

Re: Oki error codes by KenC (4/25/02 2:32 PM) reply+2 + / -
Fuser error. Replace fuser or if no-go, Main board.

Re: Oki error codes by moe (4/25/02 2:40 PM) reply + / -
I've got a new fuser assembly that's been laying around gathering dust. I'd be happy to part with it for a very reasonable sum. Email me for pricing and ordering info.

Re: Oki error codes by bumpi (4/1/05 8:01 AM) reply + / -
I keep getting a "ERROR ENGINE" on my okilaser 400.
any help ???

Re: Oki error codes by The Man (4/1/05 9:19 PM) reply + / -
ERROR ENGINE on a OL400. First replace the ROM Chip. If the problem still persists, you must replace the engine controller circuit board.

Re: Oki error codes by rwojtczak (3/19/06 1:03 PM) reply+10 + / -
Am getting a Service Call 121 Fatal Error. Anyone know what it means?

Re: Re: Oki error codes by Anonymous (3/20/06 12:17 PM) reply + / -
We have a Oki C9300. I just fixed error code 121 (ROM DIMM Memory). Now I'm getting a Fatal Error: 031. Does anyone know what that means? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Oki error code 020: fatal error by Rodd (11/29/06 9:22 AM) reply+2 + / -
I have tried removing and reseating the ROM chip, to no effect. Do I have any other choices short of replacing this ROM? It is back-ordered until February 2007. Any help, advice or insight will be greatly appreciated!

Thanx, Rodd

Re: Oki error codes by mcprinter (11/29/06 1:26 PM) reply + / -
Which model?
OKI 4300? Then it is a main board fault.

Re: Oki error codes by Jackijb1 (6/5/07 7:03 PM) reply + / -
I have a OKI C7200 and I am recieving a Fatal Error 141........can anyone tell me how to fix that?
Thanks!

Re: Oki error codes Fatal 173 by RMParker (7/10/07 10:03 PM) reply+1 + / -
Low fuser Temperature Error - Replace fuser or thermistor in the fuser - per Oki Svc Mnl

Re: Re: Oki error codes by Anonymous (7/17/07 3:33 AM) reply+1 + / -
Symptom:
The printer displays a "Fatal Error - 140 Contact Service". The error codes can range from 140, 141, & 142.

Cause:
This error indicates that the Image Drum Up/Down Process is not working properly.

The errors are as follows:

140 - Yellow Drum Up/Down error
141 - Magenta Drum Up/Down error
142 - Cyan Drum Up/Down error

Resolution:

1. Reseat the Image Drums. Ensure they are in seating properly into the drum carriage.

2. Reseat the Toner Cartridges. Ensure they are seating properly into the Image Drums.

3. Reseat the Contact Sensor Spring assembly and inspect it for damage or mis-alignment. If the springs appear bent or dis-lodged reseat them.

http://my.okidata.com/PP-C7200.nsf?opendatabase

Re: Oki error codes by tbjorklund (9/12/07 12:12 AM) reply+1 + / -
I've got a Oki C9600 at work. When started it goes through the tests and says it's ready to print but when actually trying to print or even access the settings through it's web server the printer hangs and displays "fatal error: 005".
Does anyone know what's wrong with it?

Re: Oki error codes by maxyl (9/12/07 2:37 AM) reply+1 + / -
I have a OKI C5400 and receive a Service Call 177: Fatal Error.
Receive this error, about 3 to 5 times a day! Only possibility to print again, is to plug it off and on... any idea?
thx, max

Re: Oki error codes by Anonymous (1/13/08 4:34 AM) reply+1 + / -
Hi I have an error code 020 fatal displayed on my OKI C7350 printer can anyone help?

Re: Re: Re: Oki error code 020: fatal error by Anonymous (1/17/08 4:35 PM) reply + / -
Called Oki for the same error code. My machine came back after power cycle. Oki person says this is usually due to power glitch on the network. Be sure the power cord is connected directly to the wall outlet, and try replacing network or usb cable you are using.

Re: Oki error codes by Natuska (2/7/08 5:42 AM) reply+2 + / -
I have OKI C9600
Please tell me how to resolve the problem.
On the display panel shows the text: Power Off/On
929:Fatal Error, and doesn't print at all.

Thank you,

Re: Oki error codes by cdvidaceiba (2/27/08 10:34 AM) reply + / -
got an C5150 that displays the message replace transfer belt , i had replace the transfer belt for a new one and the message stills remains , is there any counter that i have to reset

thanks in advance

Re: Oki error codes by Anonymous (3/27/08 2:46 AM) reply + / -
http://www.okic9600.co.uk
pretty much all okis follow the same error code system, as far as i have seen. At least the colour ones.
This should help anyone who has a code they need identifying.

Re: Oki error codes by ruger22com (4/9/08 11:39 AM) reply + / -
This sounds weird, but I was getting the same paper error, and kept trying to run it with no luck. as it turned out, one sheet at the bottom of the paper pile in the bottom try was wrapped around the rest of the paper at one end 1/4"...so i did not even notice when I pulled out the tray.....but did when I removed all the paper from the tray. so I put the paper back in correclty..slid it in and all was fixed. this on a 5150c

Re: Oki error codes by theprinterman (4/11/08 12:10 PM) reply+2 + / -
Looks like a fuser error from the service manual:
928: Fuser Motor Lock Error An error was detected with Fuser Motor rotation by overload. If rebooting the machine does not improve the symptom, you need to check the device. (Fuser Unit)

Bill

Re: Oki error codes by Anonymous (6/26/08 7:13 PM) reply + / -
i have an oki 9600, and it has 173 fatal error. what does it mean. they say it is a dc board. is it? if parts replace how much?

Re: Re: Oki error codes by mrmunroe (7/10/08 4:23 PM) reply+1 + / -
I'm just trying to deal with Fatal Error 173 on an Oki 9300 right now. I was wondering how you made out. Error 173 on the 9300 has to do with the fuser. I know this because I changed fusers and everything was OK. I got a paper stuck in the fuser and it kind of burned up. I'm guessing it blew a fuse in the fuser. Actually I've learned they're not fuses, they are thermistors. I'm currently trying to find a place to buy some off them . . . . anyone? anyone? Bueller?

Re: Oki error codes by lakespyder (7/15/08 3:54 AM) reply + / -
What next?
Have OKI c5500
Finally fixed paper jam error, then had Fatal Error 928.
removed & reinstalled all toner cartridges, and cleaned the connections. Did not help.
Replaced Fuser & still has Fatal Error.

Any suggestions as to what to do next?
Thanks

Re: Oki error codes by Lakespyder (7/15/08 6:03 AM) reply + / -
No need to respond to my previous post, fatal error is gone now. Thanks

Re: Re: Oki error codes by Anonymous (7/15/08 1:53 PM) reply + / -
How did message go away?

Re: Oki error codes by Lakespyder (7/15/08 2:12 PM) reply + / -
Replacing the Fuser did take care of it Fatal Error 928. Now has error 413 replace toner. I was helping the office remotely and they told me that the error was still there, but it was a different error.

Re: Re: Oki error codes by Anonymous (7/16/08 10:11 PM) reply + / -
I´m having the same problem, fatal error 929.
If you know something about this error please send me an email.
I´m looking foward to fix my printer if I get any news I post a reply for your topic too.

Thanks
Luis Felipe

Re: Re: Re: Oki error codes by Lakespyder (7/17/08 5:46 AM) reply + / -
The info I found for error 929 says that it is a Waste Toner Transfer Motor Lock Error. It says to try rebooting the machine and if that doesn't help check the Toner Transfer Motor and clean Waste Toner duct and box.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Oki error codes by Anonymous (7/17/08 10:19 AM) reply + / -
Lakespyder,
thanks a lot for the information!

Re: Oki error codes by JokinAU (7/18/08 12:14 AM) reply + / -
Quote:
"What next?
Have OKI c5500
Finally fixed paper jam error, then had Fatal Error 928.
removed & reinstalled all toner cartridges, and cleaned the connections. Did not help.
Replaced Fuser & still has Fatal Error.

Any suggestions as to what to do next?
Thanks"
I had the same situation. Finally, there was "another" paper jam INSIDE the Fuser. After removing the paper inside of it, it is ready 100%!!!!

Re: Oki C5800 error code 980 by athon1 (7/20/08 3:35 AM) reply+4 + / -
OKI C5800 I have a fatal error 980,
I have cleared the media from the fuser and the code remains,
I have found two post that have the same situation and can not reset the code. how can I reset this code..

Thank you,

Tom

Re: Oki error codes by Chris Hunt (8/5/08 2:54 AM) reply + / -
service call
104: fatal error

can anyone help identify what erro 104 is please?

Re: Re: Oki C5800 error code 980 by Anonymous (8/8/08 9:15 AM) reply + / -
Oki is forcing you to buy a new fuser. If fuser roller, film and thremistors are still in perfect shape, reset is possible with new OEM FB fuse. Please reply to info@printerdoctor.com for details.

Re: Re: Oki error codes C7000 Series by Anonymous (8/20/08 7:14 AM) reply + / -
If your getting a 020 fatal error, u need a new TNY prom board, cost about $150 from Okidata. Plugs in on the CU CCA, that's the board the network cable plugs into, the board pulls out in the back of the printer.

Re: Oki error codes by seth_zuno (10/29/08 10:54 AM) reply+1 + / -
service call
145: fatal error

can anyone help identify what error 145 is please?

Re: Re: Oki C5800 error code 980 by Anonymous (10/29/08 3:55 PM) reply + / -
It means something it stuck in your fuser unit. You have probably been printing on paper or media you should be using and it has stuck to the fuser rollers and damaged the fuser. If you cant clean it out you need a new fuser unit. If you call 1800 807 472 in australia you can get a new one shipped to you but you will have to pay for it

Re: Re: Oki error codes by Anonymous (10/29/08 3:57 PM) reply + / -
Supply LSI Error When a communication error with high-voltage LSI chip has been detected. Basically means there is a fan that is not working of is no longer plugged into the Hv Board

Re: Re: Oki error codes by Anonymous (10/29/08 4:00 PM) reply + / -
The magenta toner is not locked in property. The magenta toner if faulty or the toner sensor in the magenta drum has failed.

Re: Re: Re: Oki error codes by Anonymous (10/29/08 4:05 PM) reply + / -
The Ramm in Slot 2 on the mainboard is faulty. Pull it out alltogether or replace it

Re: Re: Oki error codes by Anonymous (10/29/08 4:08 PM) reply + / -
the only way to reset the counter is to buy a new belt. If it didnt reset means its faulty. get it replaced under warranty.

Oki error code 231 by PKSalwan (11/9/08 2:19 AM) reply + / -
I am getting oki error code 231. Can someone help me out please?
Thanks.

Re: Oki error codes by pksalwan (11/20/08 2:25 AM) reply + / -
Error 03: This error is for the mainboard of oki printer. Need to change the mainboard. It is very easy t o change this board. On OKI C5800, poen the right handside of printer cover and you find it there. My printer was under guarantee, so I got it free.
Fatal error 231: error 03 > This is for the secondary card of OKI printer. On oki C5800, I found it on top of the cover sheet. The cable connection may get loose because of tranport. You simply have to put that cable on its correct position. There are small white boxes on top of the toner ( I mean when you close the top cover, these boxes are a ttached to this cover. Small cables communicate between these white boxes and the secondary card. May be if ynlucky, you have to change this card.
Best of luck.

Re: Re: Oki error codes by macaduby (12/29/08 10:53 AM) reply + / -
Hello, I believe this is related to a broken gear for the Waste Toner Bin. You will need to either get a technician in to fix it, or get creative like I did and order the part# 43589701 (Gear Coupling A Kit) and then you will have to file out the frame so you can pull the gear assembly out without having to pull the whole printer apart (which is apparently what the techs have to do) Be very careful not to damage any wires while filing the frame hole bigger. Then it is pretty simple to get the gear assembly out and the new one in. This probably cost me like $30 dollars for 2 of these parts and guess what, it broke a second time on me 6 months later (little trick to not breaking these parts is to not ignore the Waste Toner Bin Full Error, replace the bin right away when you get this error). Who knows what the tech's time would have cost. Hope this helps others it would have helped me a great deal a year ago.

Re: Oki error codes by Grolink (3/2/09 7:14 AM) reply + / -
I have got "Error code 384" and the manual says nothing about it.
The monitor says that there are some kind of paper jam but I cannot find any paper that is stuck anywhere. I have opened everything that is possible to open, the monitor says "Eject side cover", but I don't know where it is and I can still not find anything under any cover.

Anyone else that have got this error? Please send me a mail if you know how to fix it.

Re: Re: Oki error codes by Stuck C9600 (3/2/09 11:33 PM) reply + / -
hello Grolink

i may be wrong, but i received the same error, and it turns out my C6900's engine board had died on me. worth looking into, try calling the oki support centre in your country.

PS, thanks for replying to my post, however, there is no 'refresh' button.

Re: Re: Re: Oki error codes by Stuck C6900 (3/2/09 11:38 PM) reply + / -
Incorrect, only way to reset counters is to replace the Main/Engine board. All counter info is written to an eeprom flash chip on the mainboard, and cannot be turned back otherwise.

Re: Re: Oki error codes by Anonymous (3/9/09 5:34 AM) reply + / -
This error is related to the fuser unit, error appears when the unit is overheated. the best thing to do is change the fuser unit

Re: Oki error codes by Glitch (6/3/09 1:51 PM) reply + / -
Shhaid, Try these steps.

Step 1. Press the down arrow button, then asterisk (*), then number sign (#)from the numeric keypad. The display will read SOS1, SOS2, with the cursor at SOS1. Press the OK button. The display will now show a binary number with the cursor under the left most digit which is a "0". Press "1" from the numeric keypad. The "0" will change to a "1" and the cursor will move to the next digit. Press the OK button. The display will return to SOS1, SOS2. Press the red stop button to return to standby.

Step 2. Press the down arrow button, then number sign (#) from the numeric keypad, then (T) from the alphabetic keyboard. The machine will reboot and the error message will be cleared. If the unit doesn't reboot by itself, turn off, wait a few seconds and then turn on.

IMPORTANT!
Step 3. Repeat step 1 and change the left most binary digit back to a "0". If you don't do this you may access functions that will cause the machine to stop functioning.

Re: Re: Oki error codes by Anonymous (6/10/09 8:25 PM) reply + / -
Error 005 Program Exception
The program has attempted to look up an invalid address Note the 24-digit addresses (usually 3), then restart the printer. Check reproducibility if possible. Repeat the same operation after restarting the printer and check if the same service call message appears

Re: Re: Oki error codes by Anonymous (6/12/09 3:06 PM) reply + / -
DEAR Glitch

MANY MANY MANY MANY THANKS FOR OUTSTANDING HELP ME.I DONE MY SELF.
BEST WISHES

THANKS

SHHAID
+966506218908
KINGDOM OF SAUDI ARABIA

Re: Oki error codes 980 Fatal Error by Anonymous (6/28/09 5:32 PM) reply + / -
For those that want to know how to reset the Fatal Error 980 code, the fuse is with the thermistor. There are four wires going into the thermistor, two are for the thermistor itself and the other two connect to a fast blow fuse built inside the plastic that hold the thermistor in place.

I've looked at the diagrams for the fuser and it shows connector "A" (at the bottom of the fuser closest to the standoff)pin 4 and 5 are the fuse. It traces back to the thermistor. The problem is the screw and nut that hold the thermistor in place is locktite. You would need a soldering iron to heat them up and hope you can get them apart. But even when you get them off, you would need to figure out how to put a fuse between the two wires. I wouldn't recommend shorting them because of safety reasons. I have my fuser in pieces and decided to scrap it and get another one. You can get the fast blow fuse from printerdoctor and he will assist you on how to put it in or you could be creative and figure out what to use instead inside that little plastic holder.

Okidata make sure as heck you cant buy any replaceable parts, just assemblies. This would be a cheap fix and probably still is if you can replace the fuse. The part is pretty cheap from printerdoctor but too late for me.

Re: Oki error codes by badboy12 (edited 7/10/09 2:27 AM) reply + / -
Disregard most of what was said above. I was able to reset my Fatal Error 980 code on my C5800. There is only two wires coming from that connector and not four at the bottom of the fuser. That is pin 2 and 3. 4 and 5 is still the fuse but there are no wires there, just the 2 pins. What you have to do is make a fuse by connecting pin 4 and 5 together with a piece of wire and break the wire after a few seconds after powering up. This will reset the Fuser counter back to 100%. DO NOT DO THE NVRAM RESET, THAT WILL ERASE YOUR NETWORK FEATURE. Here is the step by step of what I did.

1)Take out the Fuser and lay the two blue levers flat and remove them.

2)remove the two silver screws and separate the casing.

3) Remove the two black screws from the connector at the bottom of the fuser closest to the edge.

4)Unravel and loosen the wires so you can pull that connector out a few inches so you can get a couple of wires in there. You will see what you need to loosen to get the connector out far enough, really easy.

5)Insert a wire into each of the two holes on the back of that connector. Its pretty simple to see where they go, 2 and 3 have wires going in, 4 and 5 dont which is the fuse. After you get the wires in the 2 holes, check for continuity from the end of the wires and the terminals if you can. Make sure the wires are long enough to hang out the case. Use the thinnest wires you can find.

6)Run the wires out of the case and put the case back together and put the fuser in. Twist the two wires together and power up the machine. As soon as you here the first motor,which is about 5 seconds, pull the wires apart and BAM, you just reset the fuser back to 100% and cleared the "980" Fatal Error. You could always put a miniature fastblow fuse in instead of using the wires but that would be tedious to me.Good luck

Re: Oki error codes by pieschl (7/13/09 9:06 AM) reply + / -
I have a fatal error 142f: on an oki 9600. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Re: Oki error codes by joseferreira (7/20/09 7:43 AM) reply + / -
erro fatal cod:173 okidata c-9300

Re: Oki error codes by Anonymous (7/20/09 9:43 AM) reply + / -
I think 173 is related to the fuser. Sometimes you can just take it out and put it back in and it will work again. Other times you have to let it sit a while to cool off. Then sometimes it blows a fuse that you can't easily replace, so you have to buy a new fuser.

Usually, the original problem is caused by not using the appropriate paper weight setting (for instance, you are running thick paper on the thin paper setting) or you get a paper jam at the fuser.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Oki error codes by Anonymous (8/3/09 12:51 PM) reply + / -
Just clean the duct and the tank and the problems is the same!!!
What can i do??

Re: Re: Re: Oki C5800 error code 980 by Lucalinda (8/30/09 3:17 PM) reply+1 + / -
We took the fuser apart to try the wire trick. Didn't work. Where is the FB fuser located and where do you get one. I have replaced THE FUSER WITH A NEW ONE AND STILL RECEIVE THE ERROR MESSAGE

Re: Oki error codes by Anonymous (9/3/09 3:51 PM) reply + / -
I am looking at an oki C 9800 in the display it says "Service Call 182: Fatal Error. What dose it mean?

OKI C9800 Communication Error by ploth (9/10/09 6:47 PM) reply + / -
Gday I have a C9800 which is coming up with a "communication Error" there is no code.

Anybody able to make a suggestion? One forum said it "might" be resolved by a new high voltage supply?

Thanks in advance :)

Density Shutter Error 1 on OKI C9600 by Felipones (9/10/09 7:00 PM) reply + / -
My OKI C9600 is showing the message Density Shutter Error 1 on the display.
Does anyone knows what kind of error is this?
How to fix?

The printer is still working great but I think the machine isn´t adjusting de quality/density.

Thanks a lot!
Felipe

Re: Oki error codes by Anonymous (9/29/09 10:56 AM) reply + / -
OKI ES3460 MFP
096: Fatal Error 02

Any assistance appreciated. With thanks,
Emily

Re: Oki error codes by ploth (9/30/09 12:04 AM) reply + / -
BUMP - ANYBODY??

Gday I have a C9800 which is coming up with a "communication Error" there is no code.

Anybody able to make a suggestion? One forum said it "might" be resolved by a new high voltage supply?

Thanks in advance :)

Re: Oki error codes by RMParker (9/30/09 2:34 AM) reply + / -
096-02 error is dealing with the finisher. Specific error is "tray raise or lowering error". You need first to check/clean or replace the upper limit switch. If the issue is not resolved you will need to check the shift motor operation and finisher control PCB board. If the motor has failed, the service manual calls for replacement of BOTH the shift motor and finisher control PCB as a set.

Hope that helps you.

Re: Oki error codes by golfmk1qm (9/30/09 3:05 AM) reply + / -
003 Fatal error 80830004 is an error on my oki 5540 printer.
Can u assist me on this ?

Re: Oki error codes by RMParker (9/30/09 3:11 AM) reply + / -
To Ploth:

Service manual says differnt! Says remove memory AND hard drive (with machine unplugged) and then power up the machine again. If the error goes away, power down and install the memory and power up again. If error is still gone, repeat withg the hard drive. If the error was still there when you powered up without the RAM and HDD your problem is the CU PCB and it will need to be replaced.

Hope that helps you.

Re: Oki error codes by RMParker (edited 9/30/09 3:14 AM) reply + / -
To Ploth:

Service manual says differnt! Says remove memory AND hard drive (with machine unplugged) and then power up the machine again. If the error goes away, power down and install the memory and power up again. If error is still gone, repeat with the hard drive. That is how you can isolate the problem. If the error was still there when you powered up without the RAM and HDD your problem is the CU PCB and it will need to be replaced.

Hope that helps you.

Re: Oki error codes by Anonymous (9/30/09 6:40 AM) reply + / -
Thanks for your help Parker. Not sure what I did, really, but the problem fixed itself when I turned off the copier and let it sit for an hour or so. I've put your message with my manual, though. I'm sure I'll get it again.
Thanks again. I appreciate it.
~emily

Re: Oki error codes by ploth (9/30/09 8:16 AM) reply + / -
RMParker - Thanks so much I will investigate soon & find out. I assume that if the error occurs when either the HD / Ram is replaced then that is the defective item?

Also are you able to elaborate on what the CU PCB is - would I be able to source & replace myself?

Thanks again!

Oki c5800 replace transfer belt life error code by cr4west (10/29/09 8:48 AM) reply + / -
Has anyone cleared the replace transfer belt life error code or perhaps discovered where a replacement fuse needs to be installed to correct this problem? Love the c5800 printer but am disgusted with the engineering put into forcing owners to frequently replace perfectly good parts.

Re: Oki error codes by mrmunroe (10/29/09 9:24 AM) reply + / -

This probably isn't going to be much help, but about an hour ago I was cleaning the toner off the transfer belt on an Oki 9300 and noticed what looked like a fuse on the right hand side of the transfer belt. I never noticed it before. Probably because it was covered by toner! I suppose the only reason it hasn't blown yet is because I am constantly setting everything back to zero.

I know what you mean about Oki and their devious methods. It's become kind of a game trying to outwit them. That's why God invented Google, I guess.

Re: Oki c5800 error codes by cr4west (10/29/09 10:50 AM) reply + / -
Thanks for the tip, All I remember is seeing a large resistor located under the belt transport.
Will pull the c5800 belt unit and examine it closly for a fuse.

I may have something of interest for your Oki 9300. I have a black oki 9000 series OEM cart full and unopened still in the box. Also have empty cyan and magenta refillable carts in the oem boxes. Let me know if you can use them.
Cheers

Re: Oki error codes by mrmunroe (10/29/09 11:34 AM) reply + / -
Resistor, Fuse, I wouldn't know the difference.
To me it looks like the thing that blows and stops the transfer belt from transferring. Somebody that works with electronics probably has a box full of them.

I know the fusers in my machines have 2 thermistors (fuses) that are designed to crap out at about 150000 sheets. Lots of times the fuser itself is perfectly fine but won't run because one of the fuses/thermistors is blown. I finally got some of them that I could re-engineer to fit ($5 each). Better than $175 for a new Fuser.

I just checked the page count on one of the 9300 machines. It has 409,000 pages through it and it has the original transfer belt in it! I just take it out once in a while and empty the waste toner tray in the bottom.

Re: Oki error codes C5800 162 service call by gerrym (11/2/09 4:46 PM) reply + / -
C5800 service call 162 fatal error . what is it and how to fix.

Re: Oki error codes by Rachael (11/8/09 5:37 PM) reply + / -
I have an Oki C3400 and our computer has a message saying Fatal error - adjusting fusing temperature. Has anyone got any idea on how to fix it?

Re: Oki error codes by mrmunroe (11/8/09 5:56 PM) reply + / -
Sometimes all you have to do is take the fuser out and then put it back. They overheat if you have it set for the wrong paper thickness. In other words if you're printing on thick paper and the machine is set for thin paper the fuser overheats after awhile. There are thermistors in the fuser that shut down if they get too hot and then start up again when they cool off.

Re: Oki error codes by Maxless (12/9/09 7:17 PM) reply + / -
OKI C9600 printer displaying error 929 please help me

Re: Re: 928:Fatal Error by AAAAANDRE (12/12/09 1:23 AM) reply + / -
Aha! Thanks...

I got this after a few paper jams on our Ilumina.
Looked at the fuser and a piece of paper is stuck in there pretty good!

Ugh! Looks like I need to get a new one. ;-(
I've been getting a lot of "offsetting" lately.

Does an OKI work in the Ilumina?
Or do the have a "Special Chip"???

Damn you Xante!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Oki C5800 error code 980 by Anonymous (1/6/10 8:02 AM) reply + / -
I had the same error code 980, after a media jam. I liked the idea of pulling the fuser apart and trying the wire trick, as I didnt want to buy a new fuser unit just because of a paper jam, but I contacted oki support first. They emailed me firmware upgrade software to install. It takes about 15 mins to install from a laptop and it worked! Zero cost and still using the same fuser unit. Hope this helps someone.

Oki C5800 error code 980 by bsskadella (2/16/10 5:56 PM) reply + / -
I have a fuser error on my Oki 5150, what is the wire trick?

Oki C5650 Fatal Error 980 fuser reset. by Anonymous (2/20/10 4:04 PM) reply+1 + / -
Nice work, the wires did the trick! make sure they are long enough to run out through the casing of the printer so you can touch the wires together when the cover is closed. thanks for the tips! saved me heaps.

Re: Oki error codes by wombleND (2/22/10 9:00 AM) reply+2 + / -
I have all the error codes for OKI machine ( B,C & ES)
reply for help as I can't upload the lot.

Re: Re: Oki error codes by Anonymous (2/22/10 10:52 AM) reply + / -
Please do it, it will be a lot of help to me. Thank you for everything

Replace Oki c9600 water tone box by Anonymous (2/26/10 9:54 AM) reply + / -
I have replaced Waste Toner Box but still get smae message telling me to replace it!

I have re-booted and I still get this message

Can someone help me with this?

Re: Replace Oki c9600 water tone box by Anonymous (3/9/10 2:25 AM) reply + / -
the auger on the front of your machine, that spins the gear in your waste is broken off. if you remove the waste box on the right side is a gear. the gear is covered by a spring and cap which connects to the gear on the waste box. It breaks off. Tech needs to replace it. Where are you located. Which town, I may know a tech in your area who can do it

Re: Oki error codes by Geoff In San Diego (3/10/10 2:37 PM) reply + / -
My OKI c5200 has been blowing toner image drums. The left side of the drum for each color has snapped open at random times, spilling toner. The toner cartridges themselves are still OK... but of course removing them and putting them onto a new image drum is very messy business.
My questions... Is my printer overheating? Is there a way to change the fan speed to prevent overheating?
Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Oki error codes 413 on B430dn by gorlosky (4/10/10 2:18 PM) reply + / -
Oki B430dn - Toner Empty message came up - Replaced toner - Toner Empty message will not go away - Tried pulling the plug and restarting. Pulled toner cartridge and toner is loaded full. How to get message to go away ???

Re: Oki error codes by smallwhite (4/28/10 8:49 AM) reply + / -
I have a 980 fatal error on my okidata c5500 can anyone help. how can i fix it

Re: Oki C9800 - Communication Error by Peter Rego (4/30/10 10:31 PM) reply+3 + / -
Help me please some one - The above error come up on my printer screen - Cheers

Re: Re: Oki error codes by Anonymous (5/10/10 12:27 PM) reply + / -
I could use the codes for a C5800.

Thanks

Re: Re: Oki error codes by dumy_carnal (5/11/10 12:25 AM) reply + / -
Hello , how cand I can get rid of the Toner Empty Code for OKI B430dn ? thank you very much.

Re: Oki error codes by gmorlosky (5/11/10 5:45 AM) reply + / -
This works - keep track of what you are doing....

Re: RESET OKIDATA TONER DRUM by Anonymous (11/12/07 11:37 AM) reply + / -
This took a lot of button gymnastics to figure out, but I hope it is helpful to everyone with a C5500 (and it might work on the C5800 since it takes the same consumables, but not sure)...

To get the OKI C5500 to keep going (without opening and closing the lid constantly) in spite of toner cartridge & drum life messages:

1) Turn off printer.
2) Hold down "+" and "-" buttons at the same time, and keep them held down while turning printer back on... continue to hold until the word "OKIUSER" appears.
3) Use "-" button to scroll down to "FUSE KEEP MODE".
4) Press "Enter" button, hold for approx. 10 seconds, then release.
5) Press "Enter" button again, followed by rapid release and repress with hold for approx. 10 seconds.
6) Release "Enter" button, then press and let up one more time quickly.
7) You will see "INITIALING" and then "ONLINE" messages.

If you currently have an error message for toner cartridge life, the message will continue to be shown until after you've sent one print job, and then it will usually disappear for awhile. It will stay gone for longer if you have your printer set up so the toner sensor is turned off.

If you currently have a error message for drum life, it will continue to appear, but you will still be able to print.

Beware that you will have to keep a closer eye on print quality (since you are no longer relying on error message to tell you when your toner cartridges are in need of a replacement or refill, or the drum truly needs to be changed or refurbished).

Re: Oki error codes by sappoo21 (6/16/10 5:35 AM) reply + / -
got fatal error 929 hovered the waste toner dry for ages this cleared the error 929 how do I get the
waste toner nearly full message to go.

Re: Oki error codes by jam1 (6/21/10 1:42 PM) reply + / -
Oki C5400

Hello, can someone please help. I have a Oki Color laser C5400 and have been refilling my own toner for a while and resetting the toner Usage.

When I last refilled the black toner and turned on, I received the following message and cannot reset.

SERVICE CALL
020: FATAL ERROR

does anyone know how to fix?

thank you very much!

Re: Oki error codes by sappoo21 (6/25/10 5:48 AM) reply + / -
is there a way on the c9600 to reset the fuser unit near life message so I don't have to
buy a knew one quite yet.
help V V much appreciated

Re: Oki error codes by philly5706 (6/25/10 10:50 AM) reply+1 + / -
In a word. No. Replace it.

Re: Oki error codes by michalbak (7/8/10 1:23 PM) reply + / -
Witam
mam wielki problem z oki c9800 wyskoczył błąd komunikacji i nic nie jestem w stanie zrobic. Wyjęcie ramu, dysku i płyty głównej nic nie zmieniło ona dalej zgłasza ten błąd, czy ktoś już kiedys z was rozwiazał ten problem?? Gość z serwisu autoryzowanego twierdzi ze trzeba wgrac oprogramowanie do maszyny.....

PS. stało się to po resecie chipów bebna .

Re: Re: Oki error codes by sappoo21 (edited 7/9/10 12:34 AM) reply + / -
tar no need to being made redundant anyway thanks for your reply philly5706

Re: Re: Oki error codes by wombleND (7/9/10 12:40 AM) reply + / -
020 is a CU ROM error.
restart printer, if it does not go away may need firmware installing.

Re: Re: Oki error codes by wombleND (7/9/10 12:52 AM) reply + / -
Yes there is. but needs to be done with caution.
IT is an option in the engineers menu to reset the consumables but you have to know the consequences so I can not post on this forum.

Re: Oki error codes by amendez (7/20/10 2:36 PM) reply + / -
I have OKI C9200
Please tell me how to resolve the problem.
On the display panel shows the text: job offset home error and doesn't print at all.

Thank you,

Re: Oki error codes by pdewb (9/23/10 12:41 PM) reply+2 + / -
Oki c5800 has repeating error " Jam open front door, error 372" without attempting to pickup paper from tray.

Also Oki C6150 with 928 Fatal error.
Thanks for any input.

Re: Re: Oki error codes by sabeldo (10/3/10 4:13 PM) reply + / -

I have a C9400dxn, any documation would be appreciated greatly!

Re: Oki error codes by carisolo (10/28/10 3:53 PM) reply + / -
I get a communiation error code when es3640 stops initializing

Re: Oki error codes by basheer (11/20/10 10:11 AM) reply + / -
sir
I have a OKI D430d this printer power on the error120 wat ican do?

Re: Oki error codes by gifel (11/29/10 1:19 PM) reply + / -
On the display, after I changed the Black toner, appear this message"Service call - 134:fatal error".
Can anyone help me?
Thanks

Re: Oki error codes by philly5706 (11/29/10 1:41 PM) reply + / -
And the model number is?

Re: Oki error codes by gifel (11/30/10 12:02 AM) reply + / -
Model is C5800

Re: Oki error codes by ncinkpros (11/30/10 9:58 AM) reply + / -
On my Okidata B430dn printer I am getting a "service Call 134: Fatal Error" message. Anyone know what this means and how to fix it?

Re: Oki error codes by The Crow (1/6/11 7:13 AM) reply + / -
Hello,

I have a Oki B4600 printer that is connected to one of our lab machines. It is giving an "ERR 173" and flashing "050914". Our help desk guy did a little research and thought that the drum needed to be replaced. I have done that but the error is still there. We are not experts on printers and this is the only Oki we have in the clinic so we are a bit in the dark on this one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Robert

Re: Oki error codes by caitisrandom (2/7/11 5:58 PM) reply + / -
Model is c5150n, it's a laser jet printer. I cannot, unfortunately remember what code it was flashing, however it had to deal with a paper jam. I tried to remove it, and about half of the paper came out, ripped at the bottom. The remaining paper in the printer is not visible, whether I open the back door or the top. I've reset the printer and when I do, it warms up, multiple times-adjusting colour, etc.

It will not print anything...Please help.
Thanks,
Cait

Re: Re: Oki error codes by promytheus (3/7/11 2:44 AM) reply + / -
Hi Did you resolved the problem cause i have the same.
Do you know what to do
Thanks anyway

Oki error codes 124 by fallsab (4/1/11 3:05 PM) reply + / -
My Oki has a Fatal Error 124. Can someone help?

Oki B6500 03 Call Service by rextex (4/12/11 7:05 AM) reply + / -
Can anyone out there give me an ideal of what an "03 Call Service" error code means on a Oki B6500?

Re: Oki error codes by mrmunroe (4/12/11 7:23 AM) reply + / -

Not sure if this is any help, but according to my Oki 9300 manual Service Call 030 = CU Slot1 DIMM,
RAM check error.

There is no 03 error in the 9300 manual.

Re: Re: Oki error codes by skyeliam (4/15/11 3:55 PM) reply+1 + / -
So I am essentially temporarily jumping 4 and 5 for a few seconds and that resets things.

If I understand correctly there is a built in and inaccessible fuse between 4 and 5 embedded in the plastic somewhere, does anyone know the voltage/amperage of this fuse? How come the fuser still works if there is no fuse there, (after the temporary jump is broken?). Pardon my ignorance as I'm no electronics expert so I want to give this a shot. I don't want to spend $200 on a new fuser either, I've only printed 5600 pages. Thanks.

C9800 Communication Error CU PCB by ploth (edited 4/15/11 5:34 PM) reply + / -
Hi guys I have the C9800 with communication error - someone kindly responding about testing without HDD / Memory which I have done & error still exists. (THKNKYOU RMParker !!)

This apparently means the CU PCB needs replacing. Trouble is I don't know what this is or where to get one. The manual shows various pcbs but no CU PCB.

Other replaceable parts include a Controller Unit - is this the CU (control unit)?
What would I look for & where to replace it? Confident I can fix this thing once I know what to replace.
Thanks heaps for the help so far!

Re: C9800 Communication Error CU PCB by Mr G (5/5/11 12:41 AM) reply + / -
The problem is coming from either the HDD or the board where the HDD is installed in ,if you have another HDD you can verify by replacing if the poblem still persists after replacing with a working HDD replace the Control board

Re: Re: Oki error codes by Mr G (5/5/11 12:45 AM) reply + / -
Replace the firmware dimm if problem persists replace main control board

Re: Oki error codes by ndaba (6/7/11 4:50 AM) reply + / -
I am using a Oki-b410dn printer it displays a error msg that reads
Service Call 106:Fatal Error 38

it can not print what seems to be the problem

Re: Oki error codes by peter johnson (7/6/11 7:33 AM) reply + / -
how can i solve these problem by oki printing

Oki C9650 Waste Bin Toner Full error msg by EMDFORD (8/17/11 3:43 AM) reply + / -
We use an OKI C9650.
The waste toner bin was full / nearly full so we replaced it. But the warning message won't go away. Is there a way to reset it?

Re: Re: Oki error codes by nicknz (8/22/11 4:13 PM) reply + / -
I have the same error Service call - 134 error, which is:LED Head Missing, Color:Black, swapped the Black LED head with another head and it still came up with the error code. tried a few resets in the maintenance menu and still same error.

Re: Oki error codes by charlea (8/22/11 8:03 PM) reply + / -
I need to set the override toner cartridge on my c5800. Please if someone has the codes let me know
thanks

Re: Oki error codes by lauri41 (8/29/11 8:17 AM) reply + / -
Help! I have a oki c6100 and it says service call 173: fatal error.does anyone know what that means? thank you so much.

Re: Oki error codes by printerrepairpros (8/29/11 5:28 PM) reply+1 + / -
Service call 173 reflects a temperature problem with the fusing unit. If restarting the printer doesn't solve the problem, replace the fuser. Hope this helps.

Re: Oki error codes by robby_jacobs231 (8/31/11 4:16 AM) reply + / -
Hi Guys

Please help me with what i can do about error code 231: fatal error 023E. On Oki b430dn

Re: Oki error codes by flinng (9/9/11 10:42 AM) reply + / -
How do you reset the transfer belt replace notification?

Re: Re: Re: Oki error codes by drhiramortega (9/18/11 10:02 AM) reply + / -
i have the same problem with my 431dn. did u find an answer?

Re: Oki error codes by readytoprint? (10/11/11 7:37 AM) reply + / -
I have a C9600 and it is displaying oki error code 144 - fatal error?
can anyone advise?
or does anyone know of a number to call for oki advisers

Re: Oki error codes by ivanfox (10/14/11 12:30 PM) reply + / -
Hi guys, I´m from Chile,so sorry for my bad english, but the solution above worked fine for my OKi c5650.
first, install your printer by usb to PC (if don´t have that way)because I had my oki connected by network and the program SDM can´t find the printer by network connection,so I´d try by USB and the patch worked without problem,now my Oki
is ONLINE and printing.
Remember, DON´T REPLACE THE FUSER UNIT WITH A NEW UNIT,JUST DO THAT I DID.
oki5950@hotmail.com password is error980 and download the files,don´t forget rename SDM.text file to SDM.exe before execute the program
Thanks a lot for everyone help
Ivanfox from my dear Chile

Re: Oki error codes by gaston (11/23/11 7:57 AM) reply+1 + / -
tengo problemas con dos oki 5500 1 con error fatal 230 y otra error fatal 142

Re: Oki error codes by gaston (11/23/11 7:57 AM) reply + / -
tengo problemas con dos oki 5500 1 con error fatal 230 y otra error fatal 142

Re: Oki error codes by jefynho (12/1/11 3:22 AM) reply + / -
I have an OKI C9650 and giving service call 128 fatal error 01! Can someone help me?

Re: Oki error codes by smallbusiness_frustr (12/14/11 12:24 PM) reply + / -
I have an Oki data b4600, it ran well for a year with my passport system until I had to switch the toner -- it was displaying change toner empty, so a few months later u change the toner and then it prints one sheet and displays , paper jam error and the empty cartridge error, I called okidata followed all step by step directions and end resulted in no solution. Okidata told me to call gilberco which is my company for the passport system that is hooked up to the printer but have not received a reply...because my warranty was over and the guy was no help!. I also tried to switch to a brothers fax multi func and hook it up to the passport system but it does not pick up any words just marks everything in one line on the top row ...which is no help. By the way the brothers fax was a Mfc-7420... anyone have a solution for me without going to go out and buy a new printer or break this okidata printer ...it would be awesome!

Re: Oki error codes by smallbusiness_frustr (12/14/11 12:29 PM) reply + / -
I have an Oki data b4600, it ran well for a year with my passport system until I had to switch the toner -- it was displaying change toner empty, so a few months later u change the toner and then it prints one sheet and displays , paper jam error and the empty cartridge error, I called okidata followed all step by step directions and end resulted in no solution. Okidata told me to call gilberco which is my company for the passport system that is hooked up to the printer but have not received a reply...because my warranty was over and the guy was no help!. I also tried to switch to a brothers fax multi func and hook it up to the passport system but it does not pick up any words just marks everything in one line on the top row ...which is no help. By the way the brothers fax was a Mfc-7420... anyone have a solution for me without going to go out and buy a new printer or break this okidata printer ...it would be awesome!

Re: Oki error codes by Spouine (1/7/12 2:17 AM) reply + / -
Hello,

Following a change drum on my Oki MC360, 031 fatal error. Do you have a solution for this?

Sincerely,
Spouine

Error Code says K Drum Life by cgraham (2/12/12 4:44 PM) reply + / -
Anyone know what to do? If you have instructions please keep them Dr. Suess simple. Thanks...

Error Code says K Drum Life by cgraham (2/12/12 4:47 PM) reply + / -
Anyone know what to do? If you have instructions please keep them Dr. Suess simple. Thanks...

Re: Oki error codes by mrmunroe (2/12/12 4:56 PM) reply + / -
I think it's telling you that the Black image drum needs replacing.

Re: Oki error codes by zapata (2/21/12 9:56 AM) reply + / -
I have an okib4600 and i try to print but i get an invalid data....help

Re: Oki error codes by Vparr (3/8/12 4:42 AM) reply + / -
Hi

I have an OKI C5650. I have replaced my magenta toner which leaked everywhere, cleaned the machine and brought another magenta which has not leaked but the drum has drained the toner. After a day is saying again replace toner. The drum has 44% remaining can anyone help? Do I need to replace the toner again or do I have a faulty drum?

oki 3640 resetting fuser help by maxandtara (4/25/12 8:29 AM) reply + / -
I have read that people have been resetting the fuser of the oki es3640. How do you do it ? (FYI :I have reset the drums, and the belt.

help

Re: Oki error codes by said bassem (6/8/12 4:22 AM) reply + / -
please oki c5700 message error;

power off/on
02:error fatal
00693894 00694bec 00694bec

Re: Oki error codes by said bassem (6/8/12 4:25 AM) reply + / -
please oki c5700 message error;

power off/on
02:error fatal
00693894 00694bec 00694bec

Re: Oki error codes by Asashii (7/31/12 11:56 AM) reply + / -
Drive Full error, press online, it has no hard drive so does that mean the RAM will not hold the spooled material, prints one page fine but two pages and its like it cannot cache or something???

Oki es3640e error 140, service call by khaledsheikh (8/5/12 12:07 PM) reply + / -
hi, anybody knows anything about es3640e showing fatal error 140.
i am upset as i shifted the machine from one premises to other, it was very fine before moving. now some of the net guru says it is Magenta image drum problem, but i have reseated all of them 100s of times, it is not go ahead or ending.
kinldy anybody help me, i would be grateful.
thanks

Re: Oki error codes by arsalan ali arsi (8/9/12 7:05 AM) reply + / -
c7400 oki
i have the printer c7400 with problem of fatal error code 041
anybody knows the soloution of it ???/

Re: Oki error codes by arsalan ali arsi (8/9/12 7:09 AM) reply + / -
c7400 oki
i have the printer c7400 with problem of fatal error code 041
anybody knows the soloution of it ???/

Re: Oki error code 422 by NaseeruddinK (9/29/12 4:54 AM) reply + / -
Printer OKI C711 displays error (CODE : 422)on the display panel. I restarted and also tried to connect to other power source but the same error appears.
Any suggesations plz.

Re: Oki error codes by gregm19 (1/6/13 8:35 AM) reply + / -
Oki C6150

Power off/on 002: Fatal Error 0081AD54 0081A028 0081E548

Have tried turning on off and unplugging

How do you turn off toner sensor on OKI c830 by dan5623 (1/11/13 8:47 AM) reply + / -
I've replaced the black toner cartridge on my printer, but I am still getting an error code 413. I want to turn off the sensors but I can't fins anything written that will tell me how to do this. Can anyone help? Thanks Dan

Re: Oki error codes 923 by ACKIM (2/11/13 3:07 AM) reply + / -
i have the oki printer mc561 giving me error 923.whats the remedy?

Re: Oki error codes by Maria197 (2/14/13 8:29 AM) reply + / -
have you tried contacting OKI Data's customer service? Through their website, www.okidata.com, you can call them or use the Live Chat feature to speak with a tech representative right away.

Here's the top FAQs for OKI: http://my.okidata.com/OKI-FAQ.nsf/FAQCentral?openview

Hope this helps!

Re: Oki error codes 020 by trillo (2/26/13 12:07 PM) reply + / -
oki 5540 me da un error 020 he cambiado toner,fusora,banda
unidades, y fusora y no se quita,alguien me puede ayudar ?

Re: Oki error codes by cikkerang (2/28/13 6:56 PM) reply + / -
have problem with oki c5900..

POWER ON/OFF
203:FATAL ERROR fffffc9,1) c3 (ffffffc9,1) c4 c5 (fffffcb,1) c5

Re: Oki error codes by JAKEINAZ (4/24/13 7:56 AM) reply + / -
HI C7400 OKI PRTR
ERROR 382
CLEANED THE SPILT TONER INSIDE..

IDEAS/HELP

THX JAKE
480 488 9546 V

Re: Oki error codes fatal 131 by Abdulqader (5/13/13 9:25 AM) reply + / -
I have oki c 5800
I replaced all consumable parts and since that I am getting fatal 131 error.
What I have to do to clear it.?

Re: Oki error codes by WBL9999 (6/2/13 10:45 AM) reply + / -
Any ideas on how the "Service call - 134:fatal error". was fixed?

C330DN

Re: Oki error codes by sue_lyons (6/3/13 2:30 AM) reply + / -
Power on/off 905: fatal error

Please can anyone help!

Re: Oki error codes by WombleND (6/3/13 4:20 AM) reply + / -
re 905 Which Model?
re 134 Black LED HEad missing (check ribbon cable)
re 131 Yellow LED HEad missing (check ribbon cable)

Re: Oki error codes by myrtleturtle (7/2/13 8:37 AM) reply + / -
Oki toner cartridge position error 546? Looks OK to me! But doesn't work.

Re: Oki error codes by dercw@bigpond.com (9/5/13 3:10 AM) reply + / -
Have just replaced cyan toner to Oki C7350 printer and am getting some toner stuck to the drum and then comes onto the print. Any ideas how to clean?
Regards
Bob Walker dercw

Re: Oki 9850 initializing by Aln design (12/9/13 2:07 PM) reply + / -
Hi, I'm having a problem with my Oki 9850, it will not go into ready to print mode. It just keeps saying initializing, has anybody got any idea how to clear this? Are there any resets that involve holding down buttons whilst powering up etc?

Re: Oki 9650 by Aln design (12/9/13 2:16 PM) reply + / -
My oki 9650 keeps running a yellow line down the centre of the page I have replaced drum and toner cartridge but it is still happening, yellow toner is being left on transfer belt. Has anyone ever has this problem and have they got a solution? I'm not if the drum may be sitting a little to low which is causing it to touch the belt. Please help?

Re: Re: Oki 9650 by mrmunroe (12/9/13 3:04 PM) reply + / -
Sounds like the tray attached to the bottom of the transfer belt is full of yellow toner and the toner is piling up on the wiper blade that cleans the toner off the actual black belt. There's probably so much yellow toner trapped between the top of the white tray and the actual transfer belt that it's getting dragged back onto the belt and making the yellow streak. This is a common occurrence on the ends of the transfer belt because there's so much toner on the ends of the image drums that doesn't get used.

That white tray under the transfer belt can be removed and emptied. When the white tray is removed you will see the wiper blade and the two end pads that I mentioned. That wiper blade and the two wiper pads on the ends of the wiper blade can be cleaned off once you've removed the tray. It can be a messy job if you've never done it before.

In my opinion it's worth learning how to do it because if there's no scratches, dents or rips in the black transfer belt, once you clean the toner out of the white tray and clean the wiper blade and pads, you got a brand new transfer belt, almost.

Re: Oki error codes by Aln design (12/9/13 3:15 PM) reply + / -
Excellent thanks I will try this first thing in the morning. I don't suppose you have a solution to the other thread I posted about my 9850?

Thanks again

Al

Re: Re: Oki error codes by mrmunroe (12/9/13 3:28 PM) reply + / -
No, I'm not familiar with the 9850.

Also, I forgot to mention that I only have Oki 9300 machines.

I was guessing that the transfer belt in your machine might be similar.

At least it will give you an idea where to look for the excess toner that's making the streak.

Re: Oki error codes 'Badboy12 wire reset method' by viridens (8/5/14 4:03 PM) reply + / -
I don't understand how this can work. The connections are made to unused pins. Surely the 2 pins you need to link to would be connected to the blown fuse you are trying to simulate?

I have a MC561 (fits many other models too) fuser in front of me. The pinout is different.
The connectors are 4 large pins to the heater at the bottom, and a smaller connector above - 4 pins on the right, 2 connected to wires into roller,
5 pins on the left, 4 connected to thermistor on stalk. one pair read about 180K, the other pair open circuit. Maybe this is where the fuse was...
Can anyone confirm this?

I have a pjl '980 fix' file for an older model. Are these pjl files universal for all OKIs?

Re: Oki error code 134 Oki C330dn by TheOrig Ralph (8/8/14 11:43 AM) reply + / -
cleared a paper jam and had to remove the fuser assy in the rear to get to it. In removing it, as the printer is in a cubby hole, i couldn't lift the lid up all the way, and the fuser knocked one of the metal bars running across the underside of the lid, knocked it loose - there's a cable attached to it that came loose. Didn't notice the cable

ended up calling oki tech support, they walked me thru the procedure but when i told them the LED bar had come loose, they asked me to check the cable at the right side - it was loose, so i re-inserted it (it's a ribbon style cable). Still didn't clear the code - that was when the oki tech said it must have touched metal (the ribbon cable has metal ends exposed) - he indicated if it touches metal, it shorts the main board and burns it - cost for the board $301 + labor. Hell, i bought it new for that

figured i'd post in case it helps someone else

Re: Oki C5400 Order Belt Message by tomtegen (8/29/14 8:05 AM) reply + / -
I have an order belt notification that I would like to get rid of. I saw a post that says to get to Diagnostic Mode xx.xx.xx.
Then press "-" & OnLine at the same time. It should display Engin Diag Level2. When I push the two buttons no change occurs. Any ideas?

Re: Oki error codes by baellmer (9/5/14 7:42 AM) reply + / -
I have a OKI B420dn printer which is displaying an error message:Fatal Error 0231. How can I fix this?
Thanks

Re: Oki error codes by dele (9/9/14 8:59 AM) reply + / -
my oki machini is showing error 173 fatal what should i do

Re: Oki error codes by shamjith (11/19/14 12:02 PM) reply + / -
error code 562

Re: Re: Oki 9850 initializing by fr@nk (11/24/14 12:23 PM) reply + / -
Did you get fix for this problem?

Re: Oki error codes by fr@nk (11/24/14 3:46 PM) reply + / -
I'm having a problem with my Oki 9850, it will not go into ready to print mode. It just keeps saying initializing, can the board be repaired?

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters