fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by occidental tourist (12/19/06 4:04 PM) reply + / -
There are several threads where a consumables resetting menu on the Samsung clp 510 is addressed (I have pasted the previously posted instructions below). I have made a few attempts to make it through the regimen but the actions required are so swift and the time it takes my brain to see if there has been a change in the message screen on the printer are incompatible with my accomplishing this.

Are we supposed to count the number of times we push the enter button or just keep pushing until we see the correct message?

Are there any different messages that will come up inbetween so we know we are going in the right direction?

What is "EDC mode" and how do you get into it?

How do you "go to maintenance"?

Are some of these reached by using the arrow keys on either side of the enter.

I assume that the toner cartridge count are among the addressable components if I were able to make it to this nirvana, but the other posts didn't make clear if this regimen could reset toner cartridge counts.

My Samsung is telling me to replace yellow toner with less than a thousand impressions. I am pretty disappointed. Although I knew that I would run into this problem around a few thousand, I figured I was safe to buy this printer for this project.

Overall the colors aren't as brilliant as the hp color laserjet 2500L it replaces but I've been impressed with paper handling. 500 impressions on 60 lbs. weatherproof paper (riteintherain.com)but this toner thing is driving me crazy.

I greatly appreciate the attempt to offer user access to these functions but a slightly more detailed explanation could make them even more useful.

Below are previous instructions:

Do you know how to resetthe imaging unit, the fuser and all rollers?
There is a hidden maintenance menu in the machine!!!
You can enter the menu in this way:

Start up the machine with push in the buttons "online" and "cancel"
--You will see the message "Download mode press online key"
Press about 15 times the "menu" key
--You will see the message "Uncheck consumable mode"
Press about 15 times "menu" and 5 times "enter"
--You will see "Press access key"
Press a few enters
Press 3 times "cancel"
Go to the EDC mode
-- you will see "press access key"
Press "cancel"
Go to maintenance and initialize the parts you like to reset.

Nice isn't it?
(sometimes you have to try a few times; don't wait to long inbetween the steps)

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by occidental tourist (12/19/06 7:29 PM) reply + / -
got through the instructions and got to the maintenance screen but this will not reset cartridges, only other consumables. got a query out to a friend who might be able to help me pull off the dunfield fix ( http://www.dunfield.com/clp510/ ). I notice folks have had mixed results with that. Anyone successful or have any other suggestions.

Thanks,

Brian

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by gfrommer (1/28/07 3:57 PM) reply + / -
YOU CAN RESET THE TONER CARTRIDGES BY USING THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURE: PUT A PIECE OF MASKING TAPE OVER THE CHIP OF THE CARTRIDGE YOU HAVE TO REPLACE, YOU CAN ALSO TAKE THE CHIP OFF(I HAVE ONLY TRIED WITH MASKING TAPE) AFTER THAT PRESS MENU AND TURN THE PRINTER ON UNTIL IT SAYS UNCHECK CONSUMABLE MODE, THEN YOU CAN RELEASE MENU . AFTER THIS THE PRINTER WILL IGNORE THE CARTRDGE INFORMATION AND WILL START PRINTING AS USUAL.THE THING YOU HAVE TO BE CAREFUL ABOUT IS THAT THE PRINTER WILL NOT WARN YOU IF THE TONER IS LOW ,SO YOU HAVE TO KEEP AN EYE ON THE QUALITY,SPECIALLY IF IT IS ALONG RUN,THE TONER MAY FINISH WITHOUT WARNING.I HOPE THIS PROCEDURE WORKS FOR YOU ,IT DID FOR ME. BEFORE THAT, I TRIED CONNECTING R2, AND ALSO USING THE DUNFIELD PROGRAM,BUT NONE OF THEM WORKED. BEST REGARDS, GUILLERMO

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by squiggs1982 (2/4/07 8:59 AM) reply + / -
Hi all,

I purchased some toner refills and the magic rest device from abroad just before Christmas.

The toner reset thing works like a charm, just connect a 9V battery and touch against the chip contacts and bob's yer uncle, printer thinks the toner count is zero.

Anyway, I never actually got round to refilling the toner, as the sammy had problems with its laser assembly which wasn't worth fixing.

Going to put the resetter and toner refills on ebay, but want to get them all gone together as the resetter will hopefully distinguish my listing from all the hundreds of other similar ones with just toner refills!

If anyone would like first shot, please let me know. Otherwise, it's going on ebay this week. (Not sure if you're allowed to post this sort of thing, so apologies to the mods if you're not. Please feel free to remove.)

Cheers,
Squiggs

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by squiggs1982 (2/10/07 3:29 PM) reply + / -
Ok guys. It's now up on ebay.co.uk. Item number 170080228953.

Any questions, let me know!

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by Jacky Fung (4/2/07 10:10 PM) reply + / -
To: gfrommer

I used your method in my clp510, but it dosn't work!! The printer also display "UNCHECK CONSUMABLE MODE" & haven't display the toner low, but I printing a documents, the printer is display "PROCEEDING" only and dosn't printing!!!
Could you tell me that which contact in chip must mask. I mask all (3 point) contact in a chip!!!

Thank you very much!!

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by occidental tourist (4/3/07 4:18 AM) reply + / -
I'd be interested to hear if actually masking the chip contacts (which one[s] as jack asks) or applying 9 volts (to which contacts, polarity?)actually makes the machine think the count is 0 or at least not used up.

There is some guy selling an expensive ($200 or so) inductive device for resetting cartridges and then he sells licenses for a certain number of cartridges. He is aiming at the cartridge refilling centers.

This was the only solution I could find when I was up against it, so I gave up and went to a Cartridge refilling center and asked if I could just have them replace the chip and not refill the cartridge. They did it for 10 bucks. So by the time I did all my color cartridges it cost me $30. It will be black next, but I've printed 20% more pages already than it wanted to let me print and of course have no loss of color or any loss of relative print quality.

It is too bad they play these games with hard limits on the cartridges, but at ink jet prices for a workhorse color laser printer you've got to expect some gimics. HP does the same thing and there are some hacks to get around it, but it is a pain in you know what and the printer started shedding little bits of toner into its interior making it unusable. I was much happier to pay $250 for the samsung and these problems than 3 or 4 times as much for the HP although I imagine their price is coming down.

Brian

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by pcrmike (4/3/07 1:11 PM) reply + / -
Well, these toners are $69.95 for each color remanufactured if you need it. You can email me if you like. :-)PCRMike

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by pcrmike (4/3/07 1:11 PM) reply + / -
Well, these toners are $69.95 for each color remanufactured if you need it. You can email me if you like. :-)PCRMike

Re: Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by Anonymous (4/11/07 7:05 PM) reply + / -
I taped over the three contacts on the toner.
Then pressed and held the "menu" button until "Uncheck consumable mode" appeared.
Then the printer initailised and works fine, the replace toner messages are gone.
I have no problem with printing a few poor pages when it really does run out if I get to use all the toner along the way.

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by Anonymous (4/15/07 2:57 PM) reply + / -
Following this last post works great, but do the steps in order.
1) Place tape over the 3 contacts on the side of the toner cartridge and reinstall
2) Then press and hold the menu button
3) Turn the printer on while holding the menu button
4) Hold the menu button until after "uncheck consumable mode appears" I held it for awhile longer too
5) The printer inintializes and works fine now and no more replace toner messages
I was doing taxes and really needed a printer that worked tonight without ordering parts. I can feel there is plenty of toner in my cartridges when I shake them and the print quality still looks great. I turned the machine off and noticed I must hold the menu key while turning it on or else the replace toner message reappears, so the fix is only good until you restart the printer. A minor inconvenience compared to the cost of the cartridges. Thanks for the help, I almost gave up.

Re: Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by Anonymous (4/17/07 6:28 AM) reply + / -
The tape method works, it really truly works!!!

Re: Re: Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resett by Ben Goertzel (4/26/07 10:43 AM) reply + / -

Yes, the tape method worked for me.

I used scotch tape to tape some brown paper over the chips on the side of the cartridges...

Then, turned the printer off, and restarted it while holding the menu key down. I let go of the menu key when "Uncheck Consumables" came up on the screen.

After that, the printer started printing again... and there's plenty of ink in my cartridges...

many thanks!

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by aftab (5/1/07 7:06 PM) reply + / -
I did not try the tape method on my printer as it has only few pages printed. One user reports that he cannot print any more - was that problem fixed ?

The three contacts are connected to a chip that tells the printer whether it is black,yellow.. cartridge. So, if I put a tape over the three contacts how can that work ?

Please shed some light.

Thanks

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by Also Anonymous (5/11/07 2:21 PM) reply + / -
If the three contacts are as you say, my printer must be physic - it works fine with tape over them.

A guy has a free reset utility (haven't used it - yet) on this page:

http://www.dunfield.com/clp510/

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by As_I_am (5/18/07 11:22 PM) reply + / -
The reset of the imaging unit and rollers worked so well! But alas, the tape is not working for me. I am also receiving the flashing light and the word 'processing' displayed, but no print job.

I haven't tried the battery idea, but I feel like I need more specifics. I would appreciate any ideas. Thank you.

Re: Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by As_I_am (5/18/07 11:26 PM) reply + / -
I'd like to try your 9V battery 'bob's yer uncle' solution, but I'm not sure what you mean when you say "just connect a 9V battery and ...". What should I connect the 9V battery to before touching it against the chip contacts? Thank you. I really want Bob to be my uncle.

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by glands (5/20/07 7:43 PM) reply + / -
I taped the three color cartridges and all I had to do was push the menu button for a couple of seconds while turning on the printer -- it said "initialize" and then "ready" -- and the three toner messages were gone. While taping the cartridges, I noted that there was A LOT of toner in each of them -- almost as much as new, since most of my printing is B/W only.

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by dwpegues (8/6/07 3:44 PM) reply + / -
Hello everyone. My name is Daniel. I have a CLP-510 printer, and up until now my printer has worked like a charm. I just moved to a new apartment, and I think my printer has gotten messed up in the move. I have tried shaking the toner cartridges to try and solve the problem, as well remove the imagine unit and drum then putting them back in hoping it would have solved the problem.

The problem is as such:
When i print something, the left side of the page prints, and from left to right the text fades to nothing; the effect is like a transparency mask in photoshop. The left side of the page (first few inches from left to right is perfect), and the right side is completely blank.

Any suggestions on what I could try doing to fix this problem?

Thank you everyone.

Best

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by pcrmike (8/6/07 3:52 PM) reply + / -
Check your email, I just responded to your email with a test sheet. Print and email it back to me. Once we fix it, post the results here for everyone to see. :-)PCRMike

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by dwpegues (edited 8/6/07 4:20 PM) reply + / -
I emailed you the page requested PCRmike; it appears as though there was some shifting of the toner. I pressed down on the right side of the machine as you suggested in case the right side was open a little high - that did not appear to be the problem.

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by dwpegues (8/6/07 4:34 PM) reply + / -
mike,
thank you so much. it turns out that you were very right about there being a problem with the right door. there is a blue lever on the left side, and a gray lever on the right side holding the imaging unit in place. i had the blue lever locked in place, but the gray lever was still in open position. The test page you sent me now looks as it should. thank you so much for your help. i am in your debt.

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by pcrmike (8/6/07 5:20 PM) reply + / -
Never in my debt, just pay it forward and do something nice for someone else in need. :-)PCRMike

Re: Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by Anonymous (10/22/07 12:32 AM) reply + / -
BRILLIANT...EXCELLENT!!!! BRAVO...THANKS...ITS WORK....

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by Anonymous (11/6/07 2:03 PM) reply + / -
I tried the reset of imaging unit and roller and it works fine, but the tape method isnt working, i tape the contacts and press the menu button while starting. Thered flashing light is gone and the printer says ready. But when i try to print something, the printer just displays in work, the green light is flashing like a normal print job but the job isnt starint.
Do i something wrong?

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by Anonymous (11/6/07 2:16 PM) reply + / -
Ok, i got it to work. I removed the tape from the black toner cartrige, cause this isnt displayed as empty. Thei do the same, start with holding the menue button. Andnow it works. maybe some cartige must me able to counting.

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by Anonymous (11/6/07 2:21 PM) reply + / -
But now, only one printjob will print, after the printer is in work and nothin ghappens if a new print job comes in.

Re: Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting by jerome alcarmen (11/7/07 4:06 AM) reply + / -
Hi, doe's your method works with a Samsung SCX 4200? because I have problems also resetting my SCX Samsung Cartrige.

thank's alot

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by pcrmike (11/8/07 6:35 AM) reply + / -
No, that one has a CRUM chip in it that has to be reset or replaced. We have been doint that cart for a while now, and it is not a simple pop n fill. We do stock them though, but only for stateside customers, as we don't ship out of the country, for only $39.95 each. :-)PCRMike

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by edwardskysheen (11/12/07 11:13 PM) reply + / -
ok,510 cartridge clp samsung toner

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by pcrmike (11/13/07 8:18 AM) reply + / -
These also have a CRUM chip that has to be reset or replaced. We offer the service of resetting the chip if you prefer, or, the recommended route is to have it professionally remanufactured, a service we also offer. :-)PCRMike

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by cdcummin (11/28/07 3:09 PM) reply + / -
I've the same toner woes that everyone seems to have. I have a CLP-600 which has a different configuration. There are 4 contacts instead of three on the inward side of the cassette were the chip is located. There are three contacts on the side of the cassette. Has anyone heard of solutions for this model. I tried to tape the 4 contacts and turn the printer on while holding the menu button but...it sees the cartridge as missing.

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by pcrmike (11/28/07 3:15 PM) reply + / -
That is due to the fact that it is not a simple crum chip, it is a more advanced ROM chip that cannot be reset, as it is CICO type technology. I have been remanufacturing these for a while, and have found the need for DV rollers to be absolute. DO NOT TRY TO REFILL. It will NOT work. Did a month worth of R&D on this model. :-( PCRMike

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by cloak007 (12/20/07 3:25 PM) reply + / -
I have found several sites that claim to sell a clp 510 chip resetter. Has anyone purchased any of the chip resetting devices for clp 510 that are sold outside of the US. here's a few that I found, but I am a little skepticism in purchasing one due that it's an out of the us transaction. What were your experience with the device?

Here's a list of the sites, any info would be appreciated:

Chip Resetter RCR-220
http://www.colortonerplus.com/sa220.html

Samsung CLP-510 / PHASER 6100 OEM CHIP RESETTER
http://www.dochip.com/

http://www.chipreset.net

http://www.chipreseting.com/samsungresetter.asp

http://elazig.en.ec21.com

http://walim75.en.ec21.com

http://www.w109.com/2008/en/class.asp?lx=small&anid=62&nid=571

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by Anonymous (12/20/07 6:05 PM) reply + / -
I bought a toner and the chip resetter came with it. It worked. Then I bought one chip resetter that works through the serial port and it also worked. I can say about these two:
http://www.tonerrefillkits.com (RX116CR)
http://www.printermd.net

for the first one, you need to buy the toner bottle, for the second one you do not need to buy toner bottle.

Re: Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by Anonymous (12/31/07 7:57 PM) reply + / -
All of the chip resetter sellers kindly listed by 'cloak007' and others, seem to be of a professional standard (& Cost!), which is probably not what most people looking in a ''fixyourownprinter'' web-site are looking for, as most people only own 1xCLP-510.

Yes, there are some companies in the USA who sell the little 9 volt battery resetter, but: Will they sell to people outside of the USA?. Answer: Generally ''NO''- especially not if all the person wants is the chip resetter devicewithout buying toner, or ''YES''or yes but they won't accept overseas credit cards or even PayPal and require payment by some obscure and very expensive method and don't use cheap US Postal service but international couriers with outrageous costs.

Sellers in the USA need to realise they are in a world-wide market place not just 300 million in the USA or maybe 350m including Canada.

Good news:

There is one chap located in outer Sydney, on eBay.com.au (but you can just use your own countries eBay to get to him) and he sells Samsung CLP-500 / 550, Xerox, etc. parts & also the CLP-510 resetter separately or combined with toner (7K black + 5k c + 5k m +5k y) at very resonable prices (it is after all only the cheap Australian dollar) and whatmore, he sells to people anywhere in the world.

The sellers name is: owencom
or
You can find him at: http://myworld.ebay.com.au/owencom

Disclaimer:
I am not in any way, shape or form associated - monetarily or otherwise, with the above mentioned eBay seller. I merely provide his details as a reference for Samsung CLP-510 owners.

Re: Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by Anonymous (1/15/08 5:13 PM) reply + / -
Thank you for these instructions. I too was getting frustrated considering I just purchased the replacement toner in September and there is NO way I have printed even 1000 pages yet. Do you know if I now need to somehow reset the counter? I believe it is tallying from day one of use as I've had the printer for almost two years now and the total indicates over 7000 pages printed which I find hard to believe. Thanks for any advice you can offer! Clarissa

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by scotttyyy (1/20/08 10:04 AM) reply + / -
HELP PLEASE - This is really frustrating!! I need help please. I tried tape over the contacts as described here in this thread. The light turns green, but when I go to print, the printer just says processing and nothing happens. I travel all week and have the weekend home with my family and try to do expense reports etc, na now I have been trying to get this thing to work for hours and have waisted most of the day (not with my family and cant turn expenses in). Three of these are new OEM cartridges!

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by Peter Crosbie (1/21/08 10:24 AM) reply + / -
Hey Scotttyyy,
--
I have seen a similar thing and you have to have at least one of the cartridges without tape on it otherwise the printer just goes into continuous ''Processing'' mode.

In other words don't tape more than 3 of the 4 cartridges at any one time.

of course I could be wrong but I don't think I am.

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by Anonymous (1/22/08 11:54 PM) reply + / -
People just be careful about the advice given by Dave Dunfield as it ''may'' make not work for you.

Being a tinkerer I have no fears about a bit of soldering and the likes. So after I made up the Dunfield LPT port and leads, and reset the bios on each PC to SPP (as per his test procedure), I tried to use 3 reasonably new PC's to carry out the Dunfield advice and all 3 pc's didn't have enough voltage to read & reset the toner chips eproms. Daves program ''SSEBR'' was saying ''Device not responding!''

None of the PC's had more than 4.45 volts and the lowest was only 4 volts using Daves PPDebug program too test each LPT port for voltage and current(which was OK at 1 to 3mA).

I even did Daves suggestion of using a 2.2K ohm resistor between pins 2 & 16 and pins 3 & 17 to ''pull up'' the voltage and all it did was to succeed in lowering the voltage to 3 .x volts (although i was dubious about his advice seeing he was saying to put 2 power sources in parallel with a resistor between them).

The household voltage was sitting nicely on 240Volts AC so I couldn't blame that source.

Anyway I dug out a very old Dell Optiplex GL 5133 PC (with only ISA and PCi slots and ''powered'' by a Pentium 1 [200mhz] cpu).

Its LPT pin 16 & 17 to ground pin 23 in my case was 4.8 volts but it was high enough to breakover the eprom and allow it to be read and written too.

The end result? Yes the dunfield SSEBR does work and i was able to read and reset the toner cartridges, but the whole process is not for the feint-hearted or those without a digital multimetre.

As a quick fix I'd suggest trying the tape method but on no more than 3 of the 4 cartridges and probably get a resetter from the ebay shop in Australia mentioned a few posts higher up [http://myworld.ebay.com.au/owencom]

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by Matilda (1/29/08 5:04 PM) reply + / -
I have refilled my toner cartridges and I covered the chip contacts with tape. I started my printer up and when I try to print something it gets hung up on processing. I also press the menu button when I switch it on and the ready light comes on as it should. Can anyone tell me what I should try next. This was a problem before I recently placed the tape on the contacts. Before I put the tape on I was having to hold the menu button on while switching it on.

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by Helge (2/1/08 4:03 AM) reply + / -
The cartridge hack/fix at http://www.dunfield.com/clp510/ worked perfectly! :D
...even though my printer is a Xerox Phaser 6100 (same as Samsung CLP-510).

None of the other "hacks" I found worked (including the tape guide written in ugly CAPS).

I had no trouble with voltage, however, at my first attempt SSEBR couldn't connect. Found out the contacts were not connected properly, so I cut some paperclips and soldered them on a small print like springs, which solved the problem.

If the voltage is too low, consider making a shorter/better cable. I used ~50cm of shielded USB cable.

Re: Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by Anonymous (2/1/08 12:00 PM) reply + / -
Hi

I am interested in your toner and rx116cr samsung chip resetter. How much did you want for the works.

Regards
Gordon

Re: Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by Anonymous (2/5/08 3:13 AM) reply + / -
YES. YES. YES. He work fine for me.
I did as you said and i put a little masking tape (the one used to cover eletrical wire) on the 3 connector of the chip (there is one on the other side of the cartridge wich i ignored), and............ WORKS.
Thanks for yours help. No to samsung. they did not realising they have just loose a costumer.

++++++++R.I.P. SAMSUNG+++++++++

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by Moonwine (2/5/08 3:16 AM) reply + / -
Sorry new on the forum.

I did as "gfrommer" said:

YOU CAN RESET THE TONER CARTRIDGES BY USING THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURE: PUT A PIECE OF MASKING TAPE OVER THE CHIP OF THE CARTRIDGE YOU HAVE TO REPLACE, YOU CAN ALSO TAKE THE CHIP OFF(I HAVE ONLY TRIED WITH MASKING TAPE) AFTER THAT PRESS MENU AND TURN THE PRINTER ON UNTIL IT SAYS UNCHECK CONSUMABLE MODE, THEN YOU CAN RELEASE MENU . AFTER THIS THE PRINTER WILL IGNORE THE CARTRDGE INFORMATION AND WILL START PRINTING AS USUAL.THE THING YOU HAVE TO BE CAREFUL ABOUT IS THAT THE PRINTER WILL NOT WARN YOU IF THE TONER IS LOW ,SO YOU HAVE TO KEEP AN EYE ON THE QUALITY,SPECIALLY IF IT IS ALONG RUN,THE TONER MAY FINISH WITHOUT WARNING.I HOPE THIS PROCEDURE WORKS FOR YOU ,IT DID FOR ME. BEFORE THAT, I TRIED CONNECTING R2, AND ALSO USING THE DUNFIELD PROGRAM,BUT NONE OF THEM WORKED. BEST REGARDS, GUILLERMO

I cover the 3 chip pin with masking tape and work.

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by wmhalpin (2/17/08 10:01 PM) reply + / -
The Dunfield program to reset the toner cartridges works, even for the starter toners. (http://www.dunfield.com/clp510/)

I just used it to reset all of my chips.

One piece of advice that I would give is to make sure that you are using a older computer with a 5v output one its pin 16 and pin 17 of LPT. (read Mr. Dunfield's doc for more info) I would advise testing your LPT outputs using the ppdebug program if his sserb reset program does not work.

I had to use a computer with the first 1.5G P4 to get the 5v outputs. The computer is probably 8 years old.

Also, I got the old windows98 files from http://www.freepctech.com/pc/002/files010.shtml

With these two web sites, an old computer, a multimeter, and three wires/alligator clips, you will be have your chips reset in no time.

Thanks to Mr. Dunfield.

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by govijay (3/15/08 10:33 PM) reply + / -
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

Works great!! - Any thoughts on "tape melting" due to heat??? I do not suspect so, but just thought I would ask (say printing 300 to 400 pages)

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by Anonymous (4/14/08 8:42 PM) reply + / -
The tape method works on NO MORE THAN 3 Cartridges at a time.

It should only be used as a temporary or 'stop gap' arrangement until a more permanent method can be used (like the Dave Dunfield Fix or resetters from Owencom Australia).

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by wmhalpin (6/15/08 10:01 AM) reply + / -

The Dunefield fix procedure does work!

I was able to reset the counters for all 4 of my toner cartridges.

It is important to pay meticulous attention to the directions, though. The thing that took me the longest was to find an old computer that has 5volt pins for the printer parallel port. I had to use an old computer from about 1999. If the pin voltages of your printer port are 3.3v as they are for most modern computers, then the reset procedure won't work.

Mr Dunefield has done an excellent job documenting his fix! Thank you. I found the diagnostic program very handy.

I also tried the tape over the pin solution. It didn't work for me. I was only able to print 1 or 2 pages and then I would have to turn the printer off and on to get it to print again.

Buying new chips or special hardware to reset the chip counters may also work, but I haven't tried them.
Bill

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by wmhalpin (6/15/08 3:20 PM) reply + / -

The Dunefield fix procedure does work!

I was able to reset the counters for all 4 of my toner cartridges.

It is important to pay meticulous attention to the directions, though. The thing that took me the longest was to find an old computer that has 5volt pins for the printer parallel port. I had to use an old computer from about 1999. If the pin voltages of your printer port are 3.3v as they are for most modern computers, then the reset procedure won't work.

Mr Dunefield has done an excellent job documenting his fix! Thank you. I found the diagnostic program very handy.

I also tried the tape over the pin solution. It didn't work for me. I was only able to print 1 or 2 pages and then I would have to turn the printer off and on to get it to print again.

Buying new chips or special hardware to reset the chip counters may also work, but I haven't tried them.
Bill

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by ashechtm (6/18/08 10:55 AM) reply + / -
This is the same printer as the Xerox Phaser 6100. The user manual and how to access the EDC (Engine Diagnostic Control Mode) is written in plain english in Chapter 7.
https://www.office.xerox.com/partners/products/Phaser6100/SQRG/P6100se rvice_manual.pdf

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by ashechtm (6/18/08 11:00 AM) reply + / -
https://www.office.xerox.com/partners/products/Phaser6100/SQRG/P6100se rvice_manual.pdf

The CLP510 is the same printer as the Xerox Phaser 6100. The reference above is to the service manual that can be downloaded. Chapter 7 gives clear precise english instructions on how to access the EDC (Engine Diagnostic Control Mode). I have not yet tried it but will now.
I paid $169 CDN for the printer as a refurb about 18 months ago - bought two of them for the office- they are workhorses - but I really didn't want to pay more for a few parts than I paid for the whole printer.

Hope this works

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by happiness (10/1/08 12:30 AM) reply + / -
I'm maintaining 2 samsung clp 510 printers at work. I was trying to find a way to completely empty the toners before having to replace them when I found this forum.
The tape thing was very helpful and it had worked like a charm on one of them (big thanks are in order here :) ). My problem is that the same method does not work on the other printer :\ I follow the same method, ie power down, press n hold menu key, power on while holding, but I never get the "uncheck consumable mode" message. The printer just proceeds to initializing and still shows the "replace toner" messages.
I noticed a difference between the two printers. When they power on they display on the screen some info. The one that got "fixed" displays "os 1.17" and "engine 1.18", while the other one shows "os 1.15" and "engine 1.17". I tried downloading and installing the latest firmware from the samsung website, but nothing changed.

Can anyone help? Those of you that used the tape method and worked, could you tell me which version os and engine your printer shows?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by richard j tara (10/6/08 5:28 PM) reply + / -
where can I order the resetting tool?

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by Anonymous (11/14/08 6:33 PM) reply + / -
I've had this Samsung for years. I keep replacing the cartridges, not understanding that the print is not even light when replacing.
The printer is telling to replace the black toner.

I did what someone on this thread recommended.
I took the cartridge out.
Put clear scotch tape over the three copper sensors.
Replaced this cartridge that still had life in it.
Shut the printer off, waited 5 seconds then turned it on.
Green lights on and printing like a charm.

Thanks for the help to those on this thread.

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by dalbonw (1/7/09 5:36 PM) reply + / -
the instructions for getting into and EDC mode, then initializing in maintenance was a little rough but I got in. In maintenance, I initialized everything on the menu - but there was no "transfer belt" - only a "transfer roll" - and that didn't clear the error. At least it cleared the imaging unit error.

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by Traesmom (1/11/09 12:10 PM) reply + / -
I have owned my CLP-510 for about 2 years and am still using the original toner cartridger (no refills so far). I am getting faded pages when I print like the toner is low but no toner messages on the display. Tried shaking...no dice. Any help is greatly appreciated. Also, where to you take these to get refilled or can I do it myself?

Re: Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting by FASTNIGHTDOCNY (2/1/09 4:30 AM) reply + / -
THANKS, THIS WORKED LIKE A CHARM!

Re: Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by Anonymous (2/25/09 11:35 AM) reply + / -
Thanks for the advice..
It worked for me.

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by steppenwolf (3/3/09 2:17 PM) reply + / -
I tried the dunsfield method a couple of years ago successfully and keep a very old Windows98 computer in storage just for this purpose. If the tape method works for me, I will have to set this up even less often. Thanks for the suggestions.

Re: samsung clp 510 TRANSFER BELT/ROLLER by ashechtm (3/4/09 6:44 AM) reply + / -
I am still not able to resolve resetting the TRANSFER BELT/ROLLER replacement flag that pops up and stops ongoing printing. I've tried all of the reset methods that utilize the manuals as well as the anecdotal instructions. None of them seem to work.
Has anyone successfully reset the counters that trick the machine into thinking it has a new transfer belt/roller.

Thanks in advance

Allen

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by Anonymous (3/6/09 4:15 AM) reply + / -
OMG help me please someone! I tried the masking tape method and every thing seemed fine until it continued processing...and processing.... So I took the tape off the black toner, so only the cyan, magenta and yellow have tape on. The printer worked after that, but only in black n white. Now it just says processing. I don't know what to do! I'm not really technically minded enough to do the 9v battery thing, and don't have an old enough PC. Thanks for all the info on this forum, but I just don't know how to get the huge thing working! Any help would be massively appreciated! Thanks, A

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by ashechtm (3/6/09 7:32 AM) reply + / -
It's really to bad that SAMSUNG has done such a completely useless job of customer service related to this printer. When it worked it was a great printer, fast, and the duplex feature was great. We found a refiller who was able to overload the cartridges for about $80 a cart. I had the same problems as everyone else with the toner sensor, and had it replaced with the tech providing the same excuse - faulty sensor at factory - since then I vacuumed the container out, and used a bent q-tip to clean the sensor window. That worked well.
But the transfer roll/belt issue is one that I cannot seem to get past.
While there are great buys right now on a scaled down samsung colour laser, I would'nt purchase another of their products because of their lousy customer service and lack of response to this issue.

Re: Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by Anonymous (4/23/09 2:44 PM) reply + / -
Did you ever get a response to this as I am experiencing the same problem ?

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by rohmell (4/23/09 5:54 PM) reply + / -
All consumables can be reset.
Some are reset via keys on the front panel.
Some are reset by reprogramming the EEprom.
Some firmware revisions allow the masking tape method, some do not.
The transfer belt can be easily reset using the Dunfield method, but you need to add +5V via a fourth lead.
See other threads on this site for more info.

Re: Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by user CLP510 (8/31/10 7:29 PM) reply + / -
That's work!!!Great job!!! i'm not waste my money to phurcase that colour toner...brilliant!!!

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by Scriptor (7/6/11 3:30 PM) reply + / -
I had a problem with my magenta cartridge refill.It was not recognised. I accidentally had my finger on the Menu button when I turned on the power switch and the Ignore Consumable message appeared. I sent data to the printer and got a perfect printout.

You have to do this at each start up but I can live with that.

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by ami4060 (9/10/11 11:22 AM) reply + / -
I need help with my CLP-600. How can I reset it? Is there a possibility? An old computer with DOS, I have. SSEBR the tool does not work for me. Battery method perhaps? Which pins?

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by ami40601 (9/10/11 11:26 AM) reply + / -
Hello
The method works well with a Samsung CLP 600? An old computer with DOS, I have. SSEBR the tool does not work for me. Battery method perhaps? Which pins should I use?

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by Doctor Bob (12/9/11 10:23 PM) reply + / -
I was able to access the reset consumable functions on my Samsung CLP-550n printer. It should be the same as the CLP-510.

Reset Consumable component Count
================================

1. Power on the printer while pressing the "online" and "cancel" buttons.
You will see the message "Download mode press online key".
2. Press the "enter" key about 15 times.
You will see the message "Uncheck consumable mode".
3. Press the "enter" key 3 times.
You will see "Press access key"
5. Press "cancel" key 2 times.
"EDC mode" menu will appear.
7. Use the "left/right arrow" keys to navigate to the "Maintenance" menu
and press the "enter" key, initialize the parts you like to reset from
within this menu.

Note: this will not work for toner cartridges.

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by austux (11/14/12 2:54 AM) reply + / -
If your PC (good luck finding one with a par-port or a floppy drive!) does not provide a full 5V on the par-port, it may be possible to "buffer" it up to full voltage using a 74C902 chip (about $1) driven from a red PSU wire within the PC (pin14, 0V=pin7 In=2/4/6/8/10/12 Out=1/3/5/9/11/13).

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by nobodyiss (5/30/13 1:58 AM) reply + / -
Dunfield website is dead.

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by rohmell (5/30/13 10:15 AM) reply + / -
Site is working fine:

http://gull.homeunix.org

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by eastern (1/10/14 12:18 AM) reply + / -
Site is working fine, but the file ssebr.zip is not available. :(
Does anyone have this file and like to share it with the community?

cheers

Re: samsung clp 510 toner cartridge resetting woes by rohmell (1/10/14 3:56 AM) reply + / -
SSEBR for Windows XP here:

http://rustam.awardspace.us/clp510/

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters