fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Lexmark 323 (all lights flashing)

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Lexmark 323 (all lights flashing) by tcoleman (11/14/06 8:40 AM) reply + / -
Hi everyone!

I am having a problem with a Lexmark 323. After turning it on, all the lights flash and nothing works. I don't have a service manual for this printer, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Lexmark 323 (all lights flashing) by msr976 (11/14/06 9:57 AM) reply + / -
Is that an Optra E series?

Re: Re: Lexmark 323 (all lights flashing) by tcoleman (11/14/06 12:13 PM) reply + / -
Hummm,,, well, It is an E323 Laser printer. I am not sure if it is part of the Optra series or not. I can't find anything on the printer that says Optra but maybe i missed something.

Re: Lexmark 323 (all lights flashing) by chris (11/14/06 2:54 PM) reply + / -
Probably your main logic board. Fatal error. We've had the same printers come through here with the exact same indications.

same build as the Dell P1500 and same design as E321 and E320/E322 printers.

Re: Lexmark 323 (all lights flashing) by Lasercreature (11/19/06 4:24 PM) reply + / -
It's the fuser heater bulb - Blown or open circuit. Fuser part number 56P1054.

Sorted.

Re: Lexmark 323 (all lights flashing) by js240875 (6/4/07 3:04 AM) reply + / -
Ive had same problem. fuser had voltage going in to it and wasent the logic board. Turned out to be low voltage board.

Hope this helps

Re: Lexmark 323 (all lights flashing) by YT (6/12/07 2:56 AM) reply + / -
Everybody previous are dumbass's.
All lights flashing means it has an error.
If you push the button it will show a different light sequence.
This will indicate what the problem is...
guessing what the problem is wont help, because all service errors start off with the primary indicator.

Re: Lexmark 323 (all lights flashing) by Anonymous (6/13/07 2:54 AM) reply + / -
yea yt, and what if the error code doestnt point to any specific problem?????

This is a forum to post your experience to help others with their faults. On the printer i had it was pointing to a fuser error but changing the fuser didnt cure it. Then changed the low voltage and now works ok.

Re: Lexmark 323 (all lights flashing) by YT (6/13/07 6:13 AM) reply + / -
Like any good technician should know pal, Error codes are there to point you in the direction of where to go and check.. Not to go and immediately replace those parts.
People saying "is it an optra E" well NO, he clearly said it was an Lexmark 323, Which is an E323... If people dont know then dont give people the wrong information. If you dont know the machine has primary and secondary error codes, then I dont think you would be a person to give advise... I do know these questions and so i think you should leave me alone and let me give the right advise people are asking for .... "Anonymous"

YT

Re: Lexmark 323 (all lights flashing) by js240875 (6/14/07 2:24 AM) reply + / -
What planets this guy on. Seem that everyones a tough guy sitting behind a computer!!!!!!!!!!!

People post to this to try to help. Dont think even someone as "clever";) as yt is right all the time. As with the error codes, they aint always correct mate as ive found out. The best engineers dont always have to rely on error light, i believe that experience is the best aid.

So it seems that youve nothing better to do than call decent people a dumbass's. My be an idea to join a gym mate to have something to back up that mouth of your.

Back to the issue at hand, hows the printer tcoleman? hope your experience with this forum hasent put you off. In general everyone is a good help with mostly decent ideas.

Re: Lexmark 323 (all lights flashing) by Anonymous (6/14/07 6:57 AM) reply + / -
sorry guys. although i don't quite agree with yt in calling people names, what he said was spot on. how would it help when you get advises from one person saying it's fuser unit, another said it's logic board, and the third saying it's the low voltage board, and they are all guessing!? try them all and hope for the best?
people posting here looking for help from the right people, meaning people who know what they're talking about. not someone's lucky experience with a lucky guess.
it's like someone asked what's wrong with my car, it won't start. and replies started flying in, one said my car had same problem and it was the starter. another said me too but mine was the battery. and the third said good luck but mine was a broken spark plug etc etc....
so perhaps we should now all shut up and let tcoleman tells yt what's the secondary error code is so he can get on with finding the 'right' direction to the problem.

Re: Lexmark 323 (all lights flashing) by Anonymous (6/14/07 7:21 AM) reply + / -
oh well, seems like i'm another dumbass. i just realised the original post was dated 11/14/06. tcoleman wouldn't be interested in any answer anymore i bet. so guys, let it rip.
good night (or rather morning), it's after 12 midnight here. going to sleep now.

Re: Lexmark 323 (all lights flashing) by whirlybird (9/14/07 11:01 AM) reply + / -
I have one of these new in the box (old inventory) that is doing the same thing. I cant see any secondary error codes because no matter what you do all the lights start blinking. Just scrap it or can it be fixed reasonably?

Re: Re: Lexmark 323 (all lights flashing) by Anonymous (12/5/07 12:43 PM) reply + / -
read the lexmark web site the answer is there how to get the error codes and what they mean. my printer L232 is double press the top button

Re: Lexmark 323 (all lights flashing) by Tap (12/7/07 7:22 AM) reply + / -
I have been searching for Dell P1500 secondary codes and finally found all of these printers Lexmark E321/323/E220; IBM IP1312; Dell P1500 use the same printer count chip, I picked the 1st lexmark and went to their site and found the below link which has the secondary error codes. I guess this is what is on the "Publications CD" http://www.lexmark.com/publications/pdfs/lexmarke321/eng/userref.pdf

Re: Lexmark 323 (all lights flashing) by Anonymous (7/5/08 12:45 PM) reply + / -
YT is the dumbazz, answering a question 8 months too late. watch the mouth, bizzlenatch.

Re: Lexmark 323 (all lights flashing) by Anonymous (5/29/09 6:55 AM) reply + / -
hi
did you get ab answer as we are having same problem
let me know lease

Re: Lexmark 323 (all lights flashing) by chris (11/29/09 1:43 PM) reply + / -
YT, the secondary code is used on this printer build only when the ERROR and PRESS GO TO CONTINUE lights are on solid.

the problem here was all lights flashing. back in 2006, we had 2 printers come through with this issue. the fix on both, was a formatter replacement. i still said "probably" in my response.

dumbazz.

Re: Lexmark 323 (all lights flashing) by ZAZAEEAZE (11/2/12 7:14 AM) reply + / -
HII ZAEZAE

Re: Lexmark 323 (all lights flashing) by CARL113 (1/5/13 9:42 PM) reply + / -
Well, I sure did not find a fix in here, but it was the best reading I have done in a while!!

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters