fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

epson c1100

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

epson c1100 by stobby2 (9/7/06 9:26 AM) reply + / -
does anyone know of a way to reset the photocondutor on the epson c1100 machines. I have two which require new photoconductors however they are so expensive in the uk it is cheaper to buy a new printer. Any help would be appreciated.
cheers
roger

Re: epson c1100 by davidmac007 (3/21/07 5:44 AM) reply + / -
do you mean the drum?
if so you can clean out the old drum and replace with a new chip and you can print again! as long as the drum was working fine before
http://www.zinetic.co.uk/epson-aculaser-c1100-drum-reset-chip.htm

Re: epson c1100 by JCB98 (11/29/08 3:07 PM) reply + / -
I have a C1100 and I'm generally vey happy with it but after about a year I got the message "Replace photoconductor unit..." (i.e. dead printer!)

First I phoned Epson (170 for a replacemement !! - - although I've just seen a reconditioned one for 100, no idea if it's OK or not)

Then I came across Zinetic on the internet, a UK company which sell for about 20 a chip which "re-sets" the photoconductor unit. So far (after about 2 months) mine is working fine. The life of a photoconductor is not infinite but there is (apparently) an artificial time-limit in the Epson chip and this is a way round it.

Just noticed Zinetic responded already to this post, I have no connection with Zinetic but I can recommend their sales/service, they were very good in responding to my questions and all I can say is the chip seems to work.

Re: epson c1100 by angela1969 (2/22/09 8:17 AM) reply + / -
yes I can agree with that, the reset chip works..

Re: epson c1100 by Anonymous (7/4/09 12:12 PM) reply + / -
I got same message, changed the chip now says 'Install photoconducter' of course now locked out and can't use printer.
Printer has only printed 860 pages. Is there a way I can access hardware to reset counters?

Re: epson c1100 by Paul-UK (7/4/09 1:00 PM) reply + / -
'Install photoconductor' is different to 'replace photoconductor'.

Make sure you have installed the chip properly, or have not damaged anything else within the printer while removing the PCU.

Paul

Re: epson c1100 by aquila (7/5/09 11:38 AM) reply + / -
Changed chip twice, removed and refitted PCU numerous times, nothing damaged. Still get same message.

First message, 'Replace PCU' came on after changing a toner cartridge, I then changed the chip on PCU only to be met with message, 'Install PCU'.

My opinion is that Epson are on to a real con with this chipped components scam. PCU has only printed 860 pages. I also noticed when I changed the black toner cartridge, it was still full of toner.

I also have a Kyocera printer, run it for 6 years now finally have to replace the fuser. only changed toner twice on that printer.

Lee

Re: epson c1100 by jmatthieu (7/6/09 10:20 AM) reply + / -
I have the same message "Install Photocondctr" on the display.

I have removed several times and reinserted correctly but nothing happens.

The chip was correctly replaced. I followed the instructions I found at www.zinetic.co.uk (with which I am not associated)

This same video, at the end, says that, after replacing the chip you must "Remove 2 screws to empty waste toner": which are the screws? There are many more than just two!

Will the message disappear thereafter?

Any help is welcome.

Thanx!!!

Re: epson c1100 by angela1969 (9/13/09 10:46 AM) reply + / -
jmatthieu - they provide good instructions with the drum reset chip when you buy it, they show you how to empty the waste section.

The online video only shows the 1st part.

Re: epson c1100 by zinetic.co.uk (9/23/09 10:40 AM) reply + / -
ZINETIC AND Co - Stop pretending you are customers and leaving threads for people to purhcase goods off you. It's a very deceptive method and Fixyourownprinter.com needs to KICK YOU OUT FROM HERE.

Re: epson c1100 by moe (9/23/09 11:19 AM) reply + / -
What is this all about? You seem to be complaining about yourself, yet this is the only post you have ever made. Believe me, if you or anyone else was using this forum to sell goods, they would quickly disappear.

Re: epson c1100 by jmatthieu (9/23/09 1:04 PM) reply + / -
So far my printer is still stuck!!!

I asked my ebay seller to send me another chip without having to pay him, but, again, no success.

If anyone knows the solution then please post it keeping in mind that I already have a new chip without the instructions.

If ZINETIC AND Co (or anyone else) can help me I will be very happy and grateful.

Thanks

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters