fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Oki 3200n drum and toner reset

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Oki 3200n drum and toner reset by robey (5/27/06 4:23 PM) reply+1 + / -
Am looking for info on fuses that can be used to reset toner and drum and some info on how to go about it.
Also how to possibly reset the printer using the button controls what sequence of commands is needed. They must have that info in their service manual. THANK YOU FOR any FEEDBACK

Re: Oki 3200n drum and toner reset by Eric Sandbo (5/31/06 4:56 PM) reply-1 + / -
I'm not experienced with the Oki 3200 in particular, but the general idea is that the fuse should blow as fast as possible when you install the toner or drum. The Samsungs I work on use a 12 mA fuse. I couldn't find one that small, so I substituted 63 mA and it worked fine.

Re: Oki 3200n drum and toner reset by Anonymous (6/25/06 9:06 PM) reply + / -
Did you bother reading the posting rules? It states NO SELLING!!!

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/printer/12223#1

Message Board Posting Rules by moe

Before posting, there are a set of rules that pop up. Unfortunately a lot of people are too busy to bother reading them. The rules ask you to be specific with problems when posting. The rules also prohibit selling, marketing or advertising of any sort. Every once in awhile some imbecile will post some stupid "get rich quick" chain letter scheme. We've all had enough of those in our email. Rest assured that they disappear as soon as they go up and the imbecile is permanently banned from posting on the Message Board. So please read the rules and think before you post. You'll make it easier for everybody. Thanks.

Forum Moderator

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/laser/34219?reply=3
http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/laser/37975?reply=4
http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/laser/34677?reply=24
http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/laser/29156?reply=141
http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/laser/8682?reply=5
http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/laser/34079?reply=3

Re: Oki 3200n drum and toner reset by scooner (6/27/06 8:38 AM) reply + / -
RESET OKIDATA TONER DRUM

1. Turn machine on while pushing and holding the TWO up/down menu buttons at same time.
2. Menu window will show "OKI USER"
3. Scroll to " Engine Dialog Mode" is indicated. Push Enter button.
4. "Diagnostic Mode xx.xx.xx S-Mode is indicated.
5. Scroll to "NV-Ram initial" is indicated. Push ENTER.
6. Window shows "NV-Ram- Initial Table 1".
7. Push ONLINE and ENTER Buttons simultaneously and HOLD for 10 seconds after you see "Executing Reset" appear in menu window.
8. Restart printer.

All toner, drum, fuser and transfer figures return to 100%.

Hope this helps I just found it myselfe.

Re: Oki 3200n drum and toner reset by RTINSC (7/8/06 10:21 AM) reply + / -
1. Turn machine on while pushing and holding the TWO up/down menu buttons at same time.
2. Menu window will show "OKI USER"
3. Scroll to " Engine Dialog Mode" is indicated. Push Enter button.
4. "Diagnostic Mode xx.xx.xx S-Mode is indicated.
5. Scroll to "NV-Ram initial" is indicated. Push ENTER.
6. Window shows "NV-Ram- Initial Table 1".
7. Push ONLINE and ENTER Buttons simultaneously and HOLD for 10 seconds after you see "Executing Reset" appear in menu window.
8. Restart printer.

All toner, drum, fuser and transfer figures return to 100%.

Oki 3200 drum and toner reset by duniek (9/26/06 2:01 PM) reply + / -
Do you know how to reset on model oki 3200? The model has two buttons (on-line and cancel). No display at all. Any idea?

Re: Oki 3200n drum and toner reset by guillermolococo (11/4/06 6:49 AM) reply + / -
I have the same problem, I sell much c3200 and c3330n and this printer have not LCD panel.

How can I reset?
Noone know a soft reset (usb) ? Or FACTORY reset (opening the printer ?)

Please, help us !
Thank a lot to all people that support this forum.
Guillermo Lo Coco

Re: Oki 3200n drum and toner reset by Anonymous (11/27/06 2:50 PM) reply + / -
For the Oki C3200 with No LCD, the replacement or addition of a fuse 422 012 or 422 006 to the drum unit will reset the drum life to 100%. Fuse is available from RS Online or www.rsaustralia.com

I used the 422012 yesterday and it worked perfectly on my Oki C3200 with no LCD.

You will need to remove the toner cartridge from the top of the drum (do this over newspaper). From the top of the drum unit where the cartrdige was, remove the left and right screws. Gently clip off the top unit, exposing the toner powder. There is another screw on the right which you may or may not have to undo. On the side of the drum unit where the blue lever would be, you should be able to see two copper pieces. The fuse will need to slot into the copper pieces to create a circuit between the two pieces. You don't need to solder, just push the wire ends of the fuse into the slots on the copper sqaures. Reassemble and place back in the machine. Once the machine completes its warm up and initialises, the fuse should blow and the drum counter will be reset to 100 or 99%.

The following website has a picture showing this http://printerdoctor.com/okidrumkit.htm BUT YOU DO NOT NEED TO to disassemble to this point to change the fuse. If you do it becomes messy and difficult to fully reassemble the unit to working order. I have only provided this link so you can easily locate where the fuse has to go.

*~Miraculous~* : Oki 3200n drum and toner reset by Anonymous (1/5/07 10:57 AM) reply + / -
This worked wonders! Many thanks...WizAtWork

Re: Re: Oki 3200n drum and toner reset by owencom (1/26/07 10:38 PM) reply + / -
Have you had any success in resetting the toner units with the OKI C3200 with no LCD as I sell refills but am not having much success with starter toners and C3300 toner cartridges.
Cheers

Re: Oki 3200n drum and toner reset by Melvin25 (2/20/07 10:35 AM) reply + / -
I'm not sure if what I'm about to say is relevant to the above conversation because I'm new to the world of laser printers.

I bought a new OKI C3300 from PC World on Sunday. It prints fine, but the text and images once printed are easily smudged. I took this to a print expert, who said that the printer was not "finishing" and explained the heat transfer for the toner was not happening. The printer must be faulty.

I replaced the printer this afternooon only to discovver the same problem again!! Am I doing something wrong? What can I do to stop the smudging from occuring?

Re: Oki 3200n drum and toner reset by Anonymous (3/7/07 2:53 PM) reply + / -
I have the OKI C3200. When I replaced the black drum, it is displaying an error message that says "Check image drum and belt lock 343:K drum missing". The new drum is pressed firmly into place but with message displayed I can not print. Any help would be great.
Thanks

Re: Oki 3200n drum and toner reset by ShadowJester (3/15/07 8:50 PM) reply + / -
@Melvin25:
There's a little orange f00 attached to a blue switch on the right side of the fuser (not the release toggle, but the other one). Take that off and switch that toggle up - it'll activate the fuser.

Re: Re: Oki 3200n drum and toner reset by tawben (5/5/07 1:23 PM) reply + / -
the fuser unit is not activated.
make sure you lock it down. there should be a lever on the unit to the side

Re: Oki 3200n drum and toner reset (new printer C3300) by Yianni (edited 5/6/07 12:05 PM) reply+2 + / -
What about the chips of the C3300 toner cartridges? Do they need replacement, or someone can fill the toners and they will work?

Re: Re: Oki 3200n drum and toner reset by Anonymous (7/29/07 4:18 PM) reply + / -
This worked great as I used a refill kit with my starter cartridges

Re: Oki 3200n drum and toner reset by Dompetrus (8/28/07 3:55 PM) reply + / -
Hi, can I change the fuse on my drum units (OKI C3200)? I ask that because I haven't replaced the drum units, so they are the one's that came with the printer. Are they starters like the chartdriges? Or are them easy to reset?

Re: Oki 3200n drum and toner reset by Catbert (8/29/07 6:49 PM) reply + / -
I did the NV RAM reset as described to my old C3200N but then all the drums from that old printer now doesn't work on my new C3200N. I called tech support and they actually told me that resetting might fry something in the circuit board even before I tell him that I did so.

How did you guys find these special keys? Do you guys have a service manual that you can share? Thanks in advance.

Re: Oki 3200n drum and toner reset by richardbattell (9/9/07 12:17 AM) reply+1 + / -
have used fuse to reset c3200, but all that happens is warning leds flash - as follows
first - slowly on-off
second - off
third - rapid flashing
fourth - rapid flashing

any idea what i am doing wrong ?

Thanks

Re: Oki 3200n nvram reset by Anonymous (9/12/07 4:18 PM) reply + / -
hi,

can i reset the nvram in my c3200 (without display)?

how I can make it?

tnx

Paolo from italy

Oki 3300n drum and toner reset by Anonymous (10/7/07 4:39 AM) reply+1 + / -
Hi everybody

Somebody knows how to reset this C3300n printer drum and toner kits?

Any answer will be welcome

Re: Oki 3200n drum and toner reset by ren1 (10/24/07 7:59 PM) reply + / -
I have only printed 12000 pages on my oki3200 and have just bought a new black drum. Now my 3 colour drums need replacing. If I do the reset that is desrcibed in these blogs will that prevent me from having to buy new drums?? If so won't the printed images be corrupted?

Thanks for the help in advance

Re: Oki 3200n drum and toner reset by GVViking (11/5/07 9:26 AM) reply + / -
I would also like to know the procedure for the 3300N.

Anyone ?

Re: Re: Oki 3200n drum and toner reset by Anonymous (11/22/07 1:21 AM) reply + / -
This worked a treat! Thanks.
To save making a mess: before taking the toner cartridge off, invert the whole assembly and give it a few taps to get (most of) the toner back into the cartridge. With the assembly upside down, hold the cartridge and drum together to stop them separating, close the lever on the toner cartridge, turn the whole lot right way up and you should find the drum unit is nearly empty.

Re: Oki 3c00n toner reset by aRd (11/29/07 1:34 AM) reply + / -
Somebody knows how to reset oki C3300n printer cartridge chips and toner kits?

Any answer will be welcome

Re: Re: Oki 3200n drum and toner reset by Anonymous (1/22/08 3:26 AM) reply + / -
IT WAS FRIST TIME TO USE OKI PRINTER SO IT ALWAYS COME THIS MASSEGE SAYING CHANGE DRUM SO WHAT IS SOLUTION PLEASE GIVE ME GOOD ANSWER THANKS

Re: Re: Oki 3200n drum and toner reset by Anonymous (1/22/08 3:28 AM) reply + / -
IT WAS FRIST TIME TO USE OKI PRINTER SO IT ALWAYS COME THIS MASSEGE SAYING CHANGE DRUM SO WHAT IS SOLUTION PLEASE GIVE ME GOOD ANSWER THANKS

Re: Oki 3300n drum and toner reset by Anonymous (2/14/08 7:00 AM) reply + / -
hi there did you find out how to do this my printer goes throught them like zobe zobes to a elaphant thanks
thanks

Re: Oki 3200n drum and toner reset by rjmacatlanta.com (2/20/08 8:37 AM) reply + / -
Does anyone know what a loud grinding sound is coming from when the printer starts to print. It prints fine but man it's loud. It is an OKI C3200. I just reset eveything and after about 100-150 prints this started. Any ideas what it is or does something need to be replaced?

Thanks,

Lance

Re: Re: Oki 3200n drum and toner reset by danco (8/25/08 5:47 AM) reply + / -
help

Re: Oki 3300n drum and toner reset by zzzde (11/27/08 11:58 AM) reply+1 + / -
Hi, I have the same c3300 printer. I probably need to reset it. Stoped printing after changing cyan cartridge. Does anyone have solution - HOW TO RESET C3300 WHICH HAS NO LCD MENU, JUST TWO BUTTONS - online and chancel? THANKS THANKS THANKS! zzzde

Re: Re: Oki 3200n drum and toner reset by Anonymous (11/28/08 1:31 PM) reply + / -
Thanks a bunch for the instructions. With resetting the toner usage I'm not a slave to the toner manufacturers. Brad

Re: Oki 3200n drum and toner reset by gvviking (11/28/08 8:07 PM) reply + / -
Is there a solution? I would like to hear.

Gvviking

Re: Oki C3200 drum and toner reset by tkightley (3/6/09 5:16 AM) reply + / -
Regarding the solution given for resetting the drum life using a small axial fuse, RS type 422 012, I obtained some 125mA fuses - 65mA were not available from my supplier - and fitted one as described. However, it did not blow on switching on and I got flashing lights indicating a 'serious error'. So, I blew the fuse by touching the contacts on the drum unit with a PP3 battery , but this did not reset the drum life.

Then, I thought I would simulate the conditions by connecting thin, insulated, single stand, wires (the cores of telephone cables are ideal) to the looped contacts in the cavity in the case which connect to the contacts on the end of the drum. I connected an analogue meter, set to 500mA range, to the ends of the leads and switched on the printer. After about 5 secs., the current rose to about 400mA and dropped back again, so I disconnected the meter. But this did not reset the drum life value - which was 1%. So, I repeated the exercise but, this time, disconnected the meter immediately the current rose. Eureka!. Now the drum life registers 99%. So, it appears to be essential to do a quick disconnection to simulate the fuse blowing.

Incidentally, the utility which gives drum life and other information about the C3200 printer is OKI-StatMon.exe which can be downloaded from the OKI web site.

Re: Re: Oki 3200n drum and toner reset by tkightley (edited 3/6/09 5:23 AM) reply + / -
Regarding the loud grinding sound Lance complained about, it might be the sound of the gears on the drum unit slipping. If the drum units are not pressed firmly down, the plastic gears at the right hand end do not mess adequately and slip, giving a rumbling sound.

Re: Oki 3200n drum and toner reset by Gundwane (4/1/09 1:42 AM) reply + / -
Hello. any idea how to reset Fuser Unit and he transfer kit on OKI c3300. Drum Reset method described here worked perfectly.

Regards

Re: Oki 3200n drum and toner reset by pimpern (4/1/09 2:40 AM) reply + / -
hello community

thus

get out there and will soon present a tutorial with pictures here as the security for the building drum is changed

ever here the page for the assurance to order

http://de.rs-online.com

gruss mario

Re: Oki 3200n drum and toner reset by pimpern (4/1/09 3:26 AM) reply + / -
hello community

again

thus

the manual for oki c3300n

again

http://fileload.us/hnijv92oyjky

again

good luck

gruss mario

Re: Oki 3200n drum and toner reset by pimpern (4/1/09 3:37 AM) reply + / -
Gundwane,

see here

http://fileload.us/hnijv92oyjky

gruss mario

Re: Oki 3200n drum and toner reset by Gundwane (4/1/09 4:05 AM) reply + / -
Yeah fine now, mario do you know any solution for fuser unit and transfer kit reset for oki c3300 ?? ?

Re: Oki 3200n drum and toner reset by pimpern (4/1/09 10:03 PM) reply + / -
hi Gundwane

I build times the fuser and transfer kit deal
I think perhaps what

gruss mario

Re: Oki 3200n drum and toner reset by thepito (9/17/09 9:21 AM) reply + / -
Hello:

I tell my experience. Now I have Oki C3450. When i need reset.
1I enter troght the router. Using the Ip of printer. XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
2 Press administrator login.
User: root and password is the last six digits of your mac printer.
3 Press reset printer.

Bye and good luck

Re: Oki 3200n drum and toner reset by At Wit's End (3/15/10 2:19 AM) reply + / -
the pito said:

Hello:

I tell my experience. Now I have Oki C3450. When i need reset.
1I enter troght the router. Using the Ip of printer. XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
2 Press administrator login.
User: root and password is the last six digits of your mac printer.
3 Press reset printer.

Bye and good luck

-------------------

Hi, when you say "mac printer" do you mean a MACINTOSH printer/computer, or the "MAC Address" as listed on the Oki Menu print-out sheets?

I have the Printer IP browser page open, but it won't let me log-in. I have no idea what the log-in info is. I tried doing as you describe, for "NAME" I put the IP of the printer (same address as in the browser URL window, right?) And for "PASSWORD" I put in the last six digits (characters and digits in my case) of the "MAC Address" as shown on the Oki Menu print-out sheet.

Still won't let me log in, says either Name or Password is incorrect.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks!

Re: Oki 3200n Belt life message by Adrianne (9/30/10 8:43 AM) reply + / -
My printer keeps giving me a belt life error message, yet there is nothing wrong with the performance. I do a total reset and the message goes away for a couple days then it comes right back. I'd hate to change the belt if it is still working, then have something go wrong where it doesn't work -- it seems like an unnecessary risk. I have bunches of cartriges and I would not be able to use them and lose all that money. (does anyone know which other models use the same cartridges, just in case)?

Re: Oki 3200n drum and toner reset by pagemaster (7/31/12 1:22 PM) reply + / -
I have a oki c3200 and just changed the m image drum but printer keeps showing that it needs a new one. Any ideas?

Re: Oki 3200n drum and toner reset by epg (10/16/13 11:23 PM) reply + / -
How to reset drum counter in Oki C821DN. The above method does not work there
tyanks
Joe

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters