fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Reset toners for OKI C9800

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Reset toners for OKI C9800 by Benoki (5/23/06 1:13 AM) reply + / -
Hello everybody,

Does anybody know how to reset the toners for the OKI C9800 after refilling the toner cartridges? Now, after refilling, the machine contineusly gives the messgae that the toners are still empty.

Regards Ben

Re: Reset toners for OKI C9800 by Anonymous (5/29/06 7:16 AM) reply + / -
It's a good question,

the toner cartridge of the C9600 and C9800 have a RF chip inside (under the color sticker)
We have the same problem and need to buy RF chips to refill the toner cartridge and going on working.

Please, when anybody sees that those chips are being developed, please email. We need to buy them.

Best regards,
Roberto.

Re: Reset toners for OKI C9800 by Anonymous (6/12/06 12:29 AM) reply + / -
Yep, the problem is, that the chip remembers always its last value. So.. I got the same problem at first, I waited to refill the OKI 9600 (quite the same as 9800) until it was completely empty and it stopped every so often pages with a error-message. But if you refill the Toner right before it tells you it is empty you should be able to print fine.

The only problem is that you can't actually know the real amount of toner inside your cartridge, so I suggest you to check the weigh every couple of weeks or look at the amount of printet pages.

see ya
fab

Re: Reset toners for OKI C9800 by youngs (3/29/07 12:13 PM) reply + / -
rpv

Glad to have your confirmation on this forum of the refill method that works for the chipped models Oki C9800 Xante Illumnina etc.

Weighing is excellent. However if you can keep a rough check on sheetage printed and judge the refill point this way it works too. After all it does not matter if the cart is 80% or 20% full when it is refilled as long as you don't overfill it or run too low!

We suggest client make it a regular weekly, 2 weekly or whatever practice depending on their useage.

If you keep a full spare set it is an easy routine.

Martin

www.tonertopup.co.uk

Reset Drum, Fuser Belt OKI C9800 & Xante Ilumina by john6664 (4/16/07 7:03 PM) reply-1 + / -
1) Power ON printer while holding "+(up)" & "-(down)" and "help" buttons until “OKIUSER” message apear in LCD....
2) Press + or – button until “ENGINE DIAG MODE” is displayed;
3) Press "ENTER", will be displayed "DIAGNOSTIC MODE XX.XX.XX S-MODE"
4) Press + or – button until “NV-RAM INITIAL” is displayed
5) Press "ENTER" again;
6) Will appear "TABLE 1" message;
7) Press "ENTER" until "EXECUTING RESET" message appear. the "NV-RAM INITIAL" message will BLINK...
This procedure reset DRUM, FUSER and BELT...
8) power OFF printer, wait 10 sec, and power ON again... =)

Re: Reset toners for OKI C9800 by olafsson (4/20/07 11:48 AM) reply + / -
we have a Xante illumina, and I purchased some oki toner, since they are the same machine, (I thought). The toner fits in the mahchine fine, but it's telling it that it is not compatable, that I have to use xante toner.
Is there a way to make it take the oki toner?

Re: Reset toners for OKI C9800 by moe (4/20/07 12:04 PM) reply + / -
I'm not familiar with that particular combination, but I've seen a lot of similar problems with other printers. Typically what companies do to stop someone from using less expensive toners from another company using the same engine is to add or subtract things so the cartridge doesn't work. For example, on a Xerox engine printer what they do is add a fin on the top of the cartridge. The fin would go into an optical sensor. They moved the fin around for different models and if it was in the wrong place, the printer wouldn't see the cartridge. That was before chip technology came into being. Nowadays, there might be a small chip that tells the printer what brand cartridge is installed. What you need to do is very carefully compare the exteriors of the 2 cartridges. Usually it is a very subtle difference. If you see a small chip on the exterior, there really isn't anything you can do since you can't reprogram it. I've modified lots of cartridges by cutting off plastic pieces or in the case of the fin, cutting it off and regluing it.

Re: Reset toners for OKI C9800 by olafsson (4/20/07 12:29 PM) reply + / -
yeah, the outsides are identical, I think the differnce in the okidata 9600/9800 toner and the xante illumina is an RF chip or something that is internal. Since the printers are Identical and the inner Label of the Xante illumina says that is was made by okidata. part numbers match okiparts. So thats why I think it was a programing chip in the toner or something like that.
The rollers that the Toner mount onto seem to have a little shinny spot the looks like a scanner of some sort.
The toners them selves are the same price. I just purchased the okidata toner because We are looking into purchasing the Oki9800 which is the next step up from the oki9600. And the Oki9800 is about half the price we paid for the Xante illumina. The Xante illumina is just re-branded 9600 according the the Oki sticker on the inside cover of the Xante... Yay for markup.
The oki9600 and 9800 use the same toner. So I figured it should work, and the oki technician thought it would too.
I just wish there was a way to make it work. lol. Seems I'm going to have to have two vendors for vituraly the same item... eh..

Re: Reset toners for OKI C9800 by john6664 (4/20/07 1:54 PM) reply + / -
why not just refill the Xante toners like I do?

goto www.cfriends.com
I've refilled my toners 2 or three time with no problems
quite a bit cheaper to.

get the toner for the okidata 9800 series

Re: Reset toners for OKI C9800 by richsweeney (4/22/07 7:24 AM) reply + / -
For the phaser 7400, find the tech manual online, it may help

Re: Reset toners for OKI C9800 by Olafsson (4/23/07 5:20 AM) reply + / -
I will try some refill soon. I'm just a bit concered about refill kits because I have to actually match colours to a PMS chart. So I have to be carefull if I'm getting a good toner.

but I'll try it

Re: Resets for OKI C5800Ldn by Anonymous (4/23/07 8:14 AM) reply + / -
Like other owners, I am trying to find a way to reset the counters for toner, drum, fuser. I have successfully used about 2 refills in each cartridge. (Am still using the "starter" carts, but the Magenta is now being sensed as "missing" whereas the other three are currently at 10%.) I am able to enter the OKIUSER mode with UP & DN buttons being pushed simultaneous when the power is switched on. My menu duplicates your steps through step #3, then it gives several options that are different than yours. Any suggestions for me to try?

Re: Reset toners for OKI C9800 by youngs (7/19/07 3:34 AM) reply + / -
It has gone very quiet on the chip side in spite of them being promised for Dec 06! However thanks to the reset instructions posted above by john6664 the need for the chips has largely gone! A lot of users are refilling the Oki 9800 and Xante Illumina models. There is however mechanically made toner around which works reasonably in the older models non-chipped models but is not right for the newer ones. You can tell which type it is as the correct chemically produced toner is more efficient and 340g gives 15000 nominal sheet yield whereas the old mechanically produced toner needs nearer 450g for the same yield. The mechanical produced particles are larger and less rounded. As far as colour control is concerned there are a lot of printers using the Xante Illumina and using a matt toner for refills so that the output is very similar to litho output and their clients can't tell it appart. The Gloss toner of the OEM and refills is quite different from a litho finish.
Martin www.tonertopup.co.uk

Re: Reset toners for OKI C9800 by 9800problem (9/5/07 6:51 AM) reply + / -
After the 9800 printer says replace toner cartridge, you can open and close cover a few times and also shake the cartrdige to get the last bit of toner out. My question is, has anyone ever had any problems with there being significant amounts of toner still left in the cartridge after this proceedure has been followed.

Re: Reset toners for OKI C9800 by youngs (9/17/07 7:47 AM) reply + / -
Jaysonlee
"can i use refill toner from my oki c9600 in a oki c3200"

You may get away with it but the Black toner actually is different for the 5000 and 7000 series models from that of the 7000 and 9000 models. Martin www.tonertopup.co.uk

Re: Reset toners for OKI C9800 by colorgrafix (9/27/07 11:12 AM) reply + / -
HOW CAN I RESET THE IRF CHIPS ?

Re: Reset toners for OKI C9800 by Anonymous (9/27/07 1:07 PM) reply + / -
You can't. They are fuses and once they blow, their gone.

Re: Reset toners for OKI C9800 by colorgrafix (10/12/07 4:44 AM) reply + / -
HOW CAN I RESET THE CHIPS TO OKIDATA 9800?
CARTRIDGES AND DRUM ?
CAN ANYONE HELP ME?

Re: Reset toners for OKI C9800 by jaysonlee (10/12/07 4:52 AM) reply + / -
you cant resent the chip's that why they use chips BUT depending witch version of firm ware you printer is using you can do a rest that will put everything on one bar. BE WARNED i did this reset and it worked BUT it blue the one board from flashing the eeprom. the printer printed colour was terible and it lost the ethernet card so becarefull if you do it

Re: Reset Drum, Fuser Belt OKI C9800 & Xante Ilumi by tzamik (10/13/07 2:18 AM) reply + / -
thanks!!! it works( and prints now!!! )on an XANTE ILUMINA even though the toner gone to 20% not to 100% from 0 %!!!!

Re: Re: Reset toners for OKI C9800 by tzamik (edited 10/13/07 2:29 AM) reply + / -
if they fit inside as you said ,try to change the chips and put the xante chips and make the reset that its stated inside this forum:
Reset Drum, Fuser Belt OKI C9800 & Xante Ilumina by john6664 (4/17/07 3:03 AM) reply + / -
1) Power ON printer while holding "+(up)" & "-(down)" and "help" buttons until “OKIUSER” message apear in LCD....
3) Press "ENTER", will be displayed "DIAGNOSTIC MODE XX.XX.XX S-MODE"
4) Press + or – button until “NV-RAM INITIAL” is displayed
5) Press "ENTER" again;
6) Will appear "TABLE 1" message;
7) Press "ENTER" until "EXECUTING RESET" message appear. the "NV-RAM INITIAL" message will BLINK...
This procedure reset DRUM, FUSER and BELT...
8) power OFF printer, wait 10 sec, and power ON again... =)

Re: Re: Re: Reset toners for OKI C9800 by jonec (1/9/08 9:10 AM) reply + / -
For a Oki c9600 V2, once I get to "DIAGNOSTIC MODE XX.XX.XX S-MODE" there is no option "NV RAM INITIAL". Anyone can help? Thanks!

Re: Re: Re: Reset toners for OKI C9800 by dbridgma (1/25/08 4:09 AM) reply + / -

The key combination cited above does not work. The C9800 boots to the normal LCD "initialize..." state when pressing the "up arrrow" & "down arrow" and "help" bottons, at power-on.

Anyone know how to get into the OKIUSER mode on the Okidata C9800?

Daniel B.

Re: Reset toners for OKI C9800 by Anonymous (3/15/08 1:10 PM) reply+1 + / -
I HAVE A SOLUTION TO RESET CHIP FOR OKI 9600/9800.
THIS IS A GUIDE HOW TO RESET CHIP FOR OKI 9600/9800.
THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT NEED TO USE THE SCREW DRIVER TO REMOVE THE TOP COVER.
NOTE: SORRY FOR MY LANGUAGE (I'M FROM ITALY)
I ALREADY DONE AND IT WORK FOR MORE THAN 5 MONTHS AND I REFILL MORE THAN 20 TIMES THE BLACK CARTRDIDGE.

GUIDE

1) NEED TO MOVE OUT FROM THE TOP COVER THE FOUR SENSOR THAT READ THE CHIP. ALSO MOVE OUT THE LITTLE METAL BOX AND PUT ALL IN A BASE AND THE FOUR SENSOR UP SIDE DOWN. PRATICALLY THE READING SURFACE UP.
2) REMOVE THE 4 CHIPS FROM CARTRIDGES.
3) REMOVE FOUR NEW CHIP FROM NEW CARTRIDGE OR I BUY FROM SOME SUPPLIER. IN ITALY ONLY THE CHIP ( ABOUT 15 EUROS ). I FOUND IF FROM WWW.LAMIASTAMPANTE.IT
NOTE : ALL FOUR CHIP ARE SAME ! IT MEANS THAT IF YOU CHANGE THE YELLOW WITH BLACK IT WORK!
4) SWICTH OFF THE PRINTER
5) PUT ANY SINGLE CHIP ( BLACK,CYAN,MAGENTA,YELLOW ) ON ANY THE SENSORS.
6) SWITCH ON THE PRINTER AND YOU WILL SEE THAT THE FOUR TONER LEVEL FULL.
7) DON'T OPEN ANY COVER ( IS VERY IMPORTANT )
8) REMOVE THE FOUR ( BRAND NEW CHIP ) AND REPLACE WITH OLD CHIP
9) PRINT 10 COPIES IN COLORS.
10) SWITCH OFF THE PRINTER
11) SWITCH ON THE PRINTER WITH OLD CHIPS ON THE SENSOR AND THEN YOU CAN SEE THE TONER LEVEL FULL.
12) THE OLD FOUR CHIP ARE RESETTED SUCCESSFULLY. REFILL THE TONER
13) WHEN YOU HAVE TONER EMPTY PLS REDO FROM STEP 4)

IF SOMEONE NEED OF PHOTO JUST WRITE ON THIS BLOG I WILL REPLY SOON

I ALSO CRACK MANY CANON PLOTTER W8400P W8200P W7200 W6400 ( ALL )

ITAL DARK CRACK.

Re: Re: Reset toners for OKI C9800 by Bhaveshindia (4/12/08 12:59 PM) reply + / -
Well, what happened after the replacing toner. ? Are you also facing fusing problem. Dont u get fixing problem specially in red color. Have you tried other compatible toner ?
Dont you have ever white lines in any four colors patch.
Do you have service manual for Xante Ilumina.
Is there any way to continue the drum after the life period over.
Phaser 7400 is same as OKI 9600 and Xante Ilumina - having good customer support.

Re: Reset toners for OKI C9800 by olafsson (6/23/08 9:51 AM) reply+1 + / -
the transfer belt fuse can be purchased from littlefuse part no 0251.125mxl or one with the same qualities. 125v pico II Fa Fb .125A

Very simple to change. pop old out then put new one in. Clean the transfer belt with prue alcohol or a laptop monitor wipes (only alcohol based).

when you install it the system will see it as new.

However eventually the transfer belt will stretch and weaken. I've broken a few. but thats about 3 or 4 times the normal usage.

Re: Reset toners for OKI C9800 by cesarlorente (7/9/08 3:24 PM) reply + / -
Hello,

About Oki C9600 toner refills...

Does anyone know if the starter toner cartridges can be refilled? I read somewhere that those cartridges do not have chips. Does that mean that they are a better choice to be refilled?

Also, starter cartridges are only good for about 7500 nominal prints. Can they be refilled to a 15000 print capacity?

OKI B2520 TONER RESET by SERHAN (12/13/08 11:47 AM) reply + / -
Hi my Serhan. I have oki b2520. printer have some toner. I want toner reset. help me! I am from turkey. my mail serhantik@hotmail.com contact me. bye bye

Re: Reset toners for OKI C9800 by jethrotull (12/21/08 8:39 AM) reply + / -
Serhan there is no way to use b2520 without toner reset card. Toner reset cards comes with only original Oki cartridges. I recommend to buy a new Oki cartridge and dispose your used cartridges.

Ekhut Vally

Re: Re: Reset toners for OKI C9800 by colorman (12/31/08 4:43 AM) reply + / -
Hi,
Was curious if this is the same method for OKI C9650?
OR any refill solution or sensors reset solution for OKI C9650 if known so far, plz. make it known.
Would appreciate a lot if you could send the photos of the four sensors location as described in this blog.
Thanks in advance...colorman

Re: Reset toners for OKI C9800 and Ilumina by Randy Hobart (2/28/09 8:43 AM) reply + / -
The code above to reset the Ilumina will not work if you have the PU version 00.03.02
Apparently Xante or OKI does not want the drums and fusers reset.
If you have PU version 00.01.04 it will work.
If you have an older Ilumina machine and they want to up grade your printer to do magnetic media,
they will have you install drivers to the machine and thus NO RESET.
The NV RAM INITIAL will not appear.
Apparently from the other post the new drivers for OKI does not work as post way above.
AnyOne have any ideas ?

Re: Reset toners for OKI C9800 by universalsupplies@ho (6/10/10 2:19 AM) reply + / -
As far as I know you cannot reset the chip but you can buy a refill kit with a new chip for the OKI C9600 and OKI C9800 printers.

The refill is very easy, remove the clear cap, empty old toner, pour in the new toner. The chip is hidden behind a sticker and small plastic cover, simply remove both, replace the old chip with a new chip and replace the cover/sticker.

There is a video online here showing the basics:

http://www.zinetic.co.uk/video/okic9600.aspx

Re: Reset toners for OKI C9800 by Vlt (10/14/11 2:50 AM) reply + / -
Maybe u guys should write de version that appears at the diagnostic mode.

I read at almost a hundred web pages that the key combination for 9800 is Up and Down arrows.

Well actually mine is Up, Down and Help buttons.
After that, there's no option saying Nv-Ram initial.

I suppose after u enter "Oki user" menu u have to do another key combination like on some other models, to access a deeper maintenance menu.

Re: Reset toners for OKI C9650 by spider801 (11/16/11 12:37 PM) reply + / -
to reset the drums > insert a new drum > then turn on the machine.
then > put back old drum into machine. it will read 100%

for toners i buy the refill with chip kits. it works.

i have tried all the reset drum instructions on the web that suggest putting the machine back into shipping mode, via the diag. mode, with no good results.

if anyone has a better idea please respond. thanks!

Re: Reset toners for OKI C9800 by Russian (11/21/11 12:56 AM) reply + / -
Hello Benoki
maybe here you can get answer:
http://reset-chips.com/en/content/7-why-we-need-reset-chips

Re: Reset toners for OKI C9800 by aco.st@teol.net (edited 10/5/12 2:58 PM) reply + / -
This is procedure to reset toner level without replacing RFID chips.
1.Turn off printer
2.On rear side of printer on mainboard is small EPROM(6 or 8 pin's)-remove it.
3.Turn ON printer to get FATAL ERROR 105.
4.Turn OFF printer for a 1 minute.
5.Put in back EPROM and turn ON printer and toner level will be full.

It successfully on INTEC CP 2020 printer,looks like OKI C 9800!

Re: Reset toners for OKI C9800 by fidelitynick (1/23/13 12:21 PM) reply + / -
I have a old oki c9800 and we now have a Lucidiom eq9800. It is the same thing (made by oki), but the Lucidiom will not take the oki 9800 toner. the chip is different some how. Can i take out the small board out of the back of the Lucidium and put in the oki board?(where the chip scanner plugs into)

that way it will be able to read the oki toner chip. I can find the chips for the oki toner just not the chips for the Lucidiom. Plus i have a oki dealer intown i can get supplies from.

Re: Reset toners for OKI C9800 by Roman D (1/24/13 4:41 PM) reply + / -
No you can't. I mean you can but it will not work. The trick is in the chip inside of your toner cartridges, whatever is inside of machine is just a reader, it reads whatever toner chips say. If you swap the Formatter board out of OKI in to the Lucidium printer - it should think of itself as OKI and take OKI cartridges. I believe it is about 6 screws.

Re: Reset toners for OKI C9800 by Roman D (1/24/13 4:42 PM) reply + / -
No you can't. I mean you can but it will not work. The trick is in the chip inside of your toner cartridges, whatever is inside of machine is just a reader, it reads whatever toner chips say. If you swap the Formatter board out of OKI in to the Lucidium printer - it should think of itself as OKI and take OKI cartridges. I believe it is about 6 screws.

Re: Reset toners for OKI C9800 by FIDELITYNICK (1/25/13 6:58 AM) reply + / -
IS THE FORMATTER BOARD THE BIG BOARD ON THE RIGHT. WHEN I SWAPPED THE SMALL BOARD OUT I HAD NO CHANGE, AND WHEN A SWAPPED THE BIG BOARD OUT IT TOLLED ME COM. ERR

Re: Reset toners for OKI C9800 by Roman D (1/25/13 9:36 PM) reply + / -
The formatter board is the one on the right. What happens if you swap'em both?

Re: Reset toners for OKI es 3640a3 by diomande (3/13/13 4:04 AM) reply + / -
hello please i oki es 3640a3 one that recognizes rather it indicates the toner cartridge toner yellow, black, cyan, magenta incompatible. hand before the machine recognized toners.
I precise that by mistake I entered diagnostic mode user-oki jai jai deselect oel but the reactive May Machne not reconneit more toner. oki es3640a3 there is not INITIA NV-RAM
what does it fair for the machine recognizes the toner
I have an OKI C9800 manual confidantiel I ask you to help you technitiens

Re: Reset toners for OKI es 3640a3 by diomande (3/13/13 4:13 AM) reply + / -
hello please i oki es 3640a3 one that recognizes rather it indicates the toner cartridge toner yellow, black, cyan, magenta incompatible. hand before the machine recognized toners.
I precise that by mistake I entered diagnostic mode user-oki jai jai deselect oel but the reactive May Machne not reconneit more toner. oki es3640a3 there is not INITIA NV-RAM

Re: Reset toners for OKI es 3640a3 by diomande (3/13/13 4:22 AM) reply + / -

Re: Re: Resets for OKI C5800Ldn by minutemanpress (6/28/13 2:07 PM) reply + / -
I know this is a very old post but I am having the exact same problem resetting my oki I get to step 3 and then the options are different from everything I have found online, have you found a solution for this

Thank You Jeff

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters