fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

HP 2550

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

HP 2550 by Stefanie (10/24/05 12:53 PM) reply + / -
The printer was working fine and now the red light blinks and no jobs can be printed. There are no other indicator lights that are lit up. Any ideas?

Re: HP 2550 by David Etling (10/24/05 2:22 PM) reply + / -
Is it the light next to the magenta toner indicator? If so, the cartridge is empty, missing or has a defective E-label sensor.

Re: Re: HP 2550 by Anonymous (10/24/05 2:25 PM) reply + / -
No it is above the small green light. It is not by any of the colors or symbols.

Re: HP 2550 by roscoe (5/10/06 1:44 PM) reply+1 + / -
Just installed a black cartridge and the carousel rotated a bit and then stopped. The black cartridge is now stuck in the back of the machine. How can I rotate the carousel to get this out? I heard there is some sort of carousel brake release lever, but I can't find it.
Thanks.

Re: HP 2550 by dmzcompute (5/10/06 2:15 PM) reply + / -
Email me with the link by my name and I forward you illustrated instructions.

Re: HP 2550 carousel by ruphooty43 (6/14/06 8:10 PM) reply + / -
Carousel does not rotate equally, and toner cartiages are not lining up. When carousel rotates sounds like it is slipping or binding in some areas. Any sugestions. Came on all at once.

Re: HP 2550 by dmzcompute (6/14/06 8:33 PM) reply + / -
Check the bushing on the right side. It has a habit of breaking.

Re: HP 2550 - T2 clutch error by ckandaba (2/3/07 3:17 AM) reply+3 + / -
Hi

I need some help with a "T2 clutch error I'm getting when I try to use my 2550 printer.

I recently changed all the cartridges and when I tried to print after that I get the the error message. I have tried the cartridges on an another printer and it has worked just fine.

Could any one give me a hand here?

Thanks

Chris

Re: HP 2550 - T2 clutch error by ckandaba (2/3/07 3:25 AM) reply+2 + / -
Hi

I need some help with a "T2 clutch error I'm getting when I try to use my 2550 printer.

I recently changed all the cartridges and when I tried to print after that I get the the error message. I have tried the cartridges on an another printer and it has worked just fine.

Thanks

Chris

Re: HP 2550 - T2 clutch error by ckandaba (2/3/07 3:26 AM) reply + / -
Hi

Thanks

Chris

Re: HP 2550 by mcprinter (2/3/07 11:51 AM) reply + / -
You probably need to replace clutch T2.

It is quite awkward as the gear assy needs to be split.
Part shown here
http://partsurfer.hp.com

Ideally you will need the service manual.
There is a 2500 manual here which is pretty much the same printer as far as I know.
http://www.eserviceinfo.com

Or get a tech in.

Re: HP 2550 by dmzcompute (2/3/07 12:11 PM) reply + / -
It could be aa simple as removing and reinserting the transfer drum assembly. Do this with the power off and then power back on and see if it works.

HP 2840 by dklank (4/11/07 11:52 AM) reply + / -
I need some help in reindexing the carousel for my printer.

Dennis

Re: HP 2550 CAROUSEL WILL NOT ROTATE. by sand334 (2/9/08 7:52 AM) reply+1 + / -
Just refilled all my toner cartridges and put new chips on them. Now the yellow cartridge is stuck and the carousel will not rotated. How can I rotate the carousel to get this out? I heard there is some sort of carousel brake release lever, but I can't find it.
Thanks.

Re: HP 2550 by poolops (4/28/08 9:11 AM) reply + / -
All the color indicator lights are on but the yellow is flashing.
Why? I've taken it out,shook it a nd put it back in and it still
doesn't work. The whole printer won't print not even in just black.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters