fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Samsung scx-4216

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Samsung scx-4216 by catalin* (10/13/05 10:40 PM) reply + / -
I refilled my cartrige but the multifunctional display the message
[toner empty].I know is something to be reset but I don't how to enter service mode ,or how to repair this.
I can print , copy ,scan ,send fax but iI can't receive any fax.
Please help me and thank you in advance.

Re: Samsung scx-4216 by sue o (10/14/05 7:08 AM) reply + / -
This cartridge needs a replacement chip when you refill. The company that sold you the toner should have included it with the toner. I would check with them first. Perhaps they forgot to include the chip.
Sue

Re: Samsung scx-4216 by rob72 (10/14/05 1:01 PM) reply + / -
You need a reset fuse. 63ma

Re: Samsung scx-4216 by catalin* (10/17/05 6:58 AM) reply + / -
Thank you very much rob72 and to this great site.
I use a fuse of 100ma and it works.

Re: Samsung scx-4216 by pcrmike (10/17/05 6:31 PM) reply + / -
Also, there are about 2-3 cycles in each toner cart before bigger things start to happen like toner leakage, or streaking on the drum, etc. When that happens, I would be happy to buy the empties or to remanufacture them for you. :-) PCRMike

Re: Samsung scx-4216 by mum (10/27/05 8:59 PM) reply + / -
pls. let,s me know how to replace a reset fuse, on cartridge or on the machine
i ve same problem to you , can send fax out, copy , scan, vut cannot to recieve a fax , it s show toner empty indicator, memory recieved indicator is blink

thank you very much for your big help

mum

Re: Samsung scx-4216 by pcrmike (10/28/05 12:42 PM) reply + / -
It clips in the "nose" of the cartridge (the side AWAY from the handle) and is the same rating as the one that is in it. The rating slips my mind now, I just tell my girl to order them. :-) PCRMike

Re: Samsung scx-4216 by physiofish (11/22/05 8:55 PM) reply + / -
Thank you to pcrmike & rob72 for the information. I have experienced the same problem, but with a brand new machine and cartridge. Had the machine for about a week, ~200 copies, low toner message. Another ~200 copies toner empty message. Kept printing etc. but received faxes to memory only, would not print them. For my enlightenment, can anyone tell me why this would happen with a new cartridge?

Re: Samsung scx-4216 by pcrmike (11/28/05 2:52 PM) reply + / -
Yes, because it has a toner sensing bar in the cartridge that detects when the toner is low. If the toner is mostly off to one side, part of the bar becomes bare, which allows the machine to detect a "toner low" situation. :-) PCRMike

Re: Samsung scx-4216 by davidmac007 (5/20/06 6:23 AM) reply + / -
Hi Guys,

I have a Samsung SCX 4216 and the fuse has blown. I want to buy a replacementfuse. Do I buy a 63ma or 100ma ? Does it matter ?

Many thanks

David

Re: Re: Samsung scx-4216 by Anonymous (5/28/06 6:30 AM) reply + / -
No, it is not matter. You can use any of them.

Re: Samsung scx-4216 by Yen (6/7/06 4:07 PM) reply + / -
What if I don't have a fuse handy. Can't I just short it out/bypass with a small wire?

Just tried that and it still says "Toner Empty"! Do you know how this mechanism work? Does it sense the toner level and if it's below a certain level it blows the fuse?

samsung scx 4200 by sukarboy (8/11/06 6:50 AM) reply + / -
[toner empty].I know is something to be reset but I don't how to enter service mode ,or how to repair this.

samsung scx 4200 by sukarboy (8/11/06 7:01 AM) reply-1 + / -
[low toner].I know is something to be reset but I don't how to enter service mode ,or how to repair this.

Re: Samsung scx-4216 by irakli (5/12/07 2:36 AM) reply + / -
rob72, could you explain in detail where can I get reset fuse. 63ma, and how to perform reset operation on a chip? I'd really appreciate that.

I have recharged SCX-4200 and that sucker stopped printing telling me that toner empty when it is not. Sanmsung wants us to buy $100 toner on each recharge and I just had tough conversation with an a$$hole from Samsung customer care.

I'll just feel good if I can override this issue with samsung printer

Thanks beforehand,
Irakli

Re: Samsung scx-4216 by Diplomat (5/12/07 11:40 AM) reply + / -
I have a scx4521f. I have searched this cartridge fully and cannot find this fuse. Can anyone tell me exactly where to look.

Thanks in advance
Dave

Re: Samsung scx-4216 by pcrmike (5/14/07 5:39 AM) reply + / -
If you have a 4200, it has a chip that has to be replaced. Diplomat, if you have a 4521, with the handle like you put the cartridge in, it will be at the left side, farthest from you, you will see a clip. The starter does not have a fuse, nor does it have much toner. If you like, you can email me and I may have a fuse I can send you. :-)PCRMike

Samsung scx-4216 by Anonymous (5/14/07 2:11 PM) reply + / -
It is in fact the starter toner (4521). Unfortunately it did not live up to expectation. Got way less than the 1000 sheets it was supposed to have printed. email is davediplomat@yahoo.com

Re: Samsung scx-4216 by pcrmike (5/15/07 8:04 AM) reply + / -
Check your email. :-) PCRMike

Re: Samsung scx-4216 by Anonymous (5/23/07 11:32 PM) reply + / -
From Samsung site:

1. Press MENU # 1 9 3 4 in sequence rapidly. The LCD panel should now display TECH.
2. Press MENU, and then press ENTER. The LCD panel will display Tech Mode.
3. Press the left arrow (<) button once. The operator panel will display NEW CARTRIDGE.
4. Press ENTER. The operator panel will display [YES].
5. Press ENTER. The toner warning message should be gone.
6. To exit TECH MODE, press MENU # 1 9 3 4 in rapid succession, as if you were dialing a phone number. The operator panel should no longer display TECH.

If problem persists, there may actually be a problem with either the toner cartridge or the SCX-4216F.

Re: Samsung scx-4216 by Anonymous (5/25/07 9:18 PM) reply + / -
thank you so much. toner message is gone.

Re: Samsung scx-4216 by Anonymous (6/25/07 7:07 PM) reply + / -
Thanks for the info...

Re: Samsung scx-4215f by Anonymous (7/25/07 6:59 PM) reply + / -

Re: Samsung scx-4216 by pcrmike (7/26/07 6:07 AM) reply + / -
You refilled, but did you replace the little glass fuse on the cartridge? It must be replaced with one of a no more than 300mA @250V to reset the counter in the machine. :-)PCRMike

Re: Samsung scx-4216 by Anonymous (8/26/07 10:47 AM) reply + / -
actually, I think the 4521 is the same as the 1610/2010 except for the fuse, am I right?

Re: Samsung scx-4216 by pcrmike (8/26/07 3:27 PM) reply + / -
And a tiny little groove inthe top cover. You can take a stubby phillips screwdriver and remove the tiny metal "L" in the inside roof of the machine. It wil allow interchangeability between the carts. :-)PCRMike

Re: Samsung scx-4200 by ozzysteev (4/29/09 1:29 AM) reply + / -
Hi all i own an scx-4200 for about the last 18 months. It currently is printing huge long black streaks down the right side of the page.
I have opened it and cleaned out excess dust and all components but too no avail. Is the drum gone.
Any ideas.

Re: Samsung scx-4200 TONER EMPTY error by pkasad (4/29/09 9:18 PM) reply + / -
Hi, my SCX 4200 show ERROR TONER EMPTY after refilling the cartridge, and CLEAR ALL COUNTERS in the TECH MODE but still the same ERROR.
My SCX 4200 System Data List is
Firmware Version 1.11
Total page counter 0 after reset the Conters in TECH mode

Total Toner COUNTER 14010135866 ( 4530858 )

Tonert percentage Rem 0%

CRU 4412

replaced Toner Counts 0

I think if if RESET the CRU counter 4412 to 0 ,How can I ?
PLEASE I NEED HELP.
THANKS

Re: Samsung scx-4216 by VXR10 (edited 4/30/09 2:51 AM) reply + / -
ozzysteev you're right - the drum is gone, replace it and a cleaning blade.

pkasad you need:
1. Programmer device that works via serial interface (COM).
2. Install "PonyProg"
3. Flash on chip F\W *.e2p file

Re: Re: Samsung scx-4216 by steev mills (4/30/09 4:18 PM) reply + / -
OK WILL DO, THANKS AGAIN

Re: Samsung scx-4216 by Mariushka (11/3/09 1:55 AM) reply + / -
how to get in to TECH MODE for scx 4200?

Re: Re: Samsung scx-4216 by Anonymous (11/15/09 9:25 PM) reply + / -
hi vxr10,

How do you that? Im novice regarding scx4200 printers. How do you do that procedure?

Thanks!

Re: Samsung scx-4216 by tazavi (12/9/09 12:46 AM) reply + / -
Hello,

My printer shows "no cartridge" when i power on the machine. It happened when installing a new toner inside, but the toner is not original. OK I went to shop and bought original samsung toner, but the problem persist. Still it gives me "no cartridge" error. But the light goes green. The error appears just in PC. And no papers are printer or copied. can anyone help me with this problem?

Re: Samsung scx-4216 by Anonymous (2/1/10 12:31 AM) reply + / -
i have recd 4 pages of fax on my scx 4216 but it wouldn't print
what do I do

Re: Samsung scx-4216 by Anonymous (2/15/10 8:43 AM) reply + / -
firmware for Samsung scx-4216f

Re: Samsung scx-4216 by philly5706 (2/15/10 6:22 PM) reply + / -
'firmware for Samsung scx-4216f '

Is that a request? I've got it.

Re: Samsung scx-4216 by hlict (5/15/10 4:06 AM) reply + / -
How can i make "Programmer device that works via serial interface (COM)" by myself ? Do you have circuit ?
Thanks

Re: Samsung scx-4216 by tlc3051 (6/17/10 6:50 AM) reply + / -
1. I keep getting paper jams and the printer makes clackety noises when it tries to pick up the paper to print. Can anyone suggest what the problem may be?

2. I would like to know how to reinstall the software so that I can use my SCX4216F as a scanner and fax. I have lost all the documentation and the CD-ROM when I move houses.

LCT

Re: Samsung scx-4216 by puzzles (10/5/10 4:47 PM) reply + / -
I have a Samsung SCX4216F It appears the scanning function is not working. Light is not coming on.

I can printing document from PC is not a problem, just the copy/scan function.

I've been quoted more than I paid for it to have it fixed?!? and was wondering if anyone knows how easy it is to replace this part. I have been told that the fuse itself cannot be replaced and the whole upper section of the printer would need to be.

This advice has come over the phone and I would like to verify if that is in fact the case.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Samsung scx-4200 paper jam by adrianK (11/27/10 10:15 AM) reply + / -
Hi,
My Samsung scx 4200 printer took at one time several pages at once and since then has been jamming every paper it prints.
The paper is being pulled up for printing but stops half way and wont come out.
I tried cleaning whatever I could reach, and checked for any stuck paper, but could not find anything and problem still occurs.

Can anyone help with an explanation what could have gone wrong and if there's a way to fix it on my own?

Thanks so much in advance!

Adrian

Re: Samsung scx-4216 by Kimithecat (3/3/11 6:47 AM) reply + / -
I have a Samsung SCX4216F It appears the scanning function is not working. Light is not coming on.

I can printing document from PC is not a problem, just the copy/scan function.

I've been quoted more than I paid for it to have it fixed?!? and was wondering if anyone knows how easy it is to replace this part. I have been told that the fuse itself cannot be replaced and the whole upper section of the printer would need to be.

This advice has come over the phone and I would like to verify if that is in fact the case.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Re: Samsung scx-4216 by Kimithecat (3/3/11 7:09 AM) reply + / -
I have a Samsung SCX4216F It appears the scanning function is not working. Light is not turn on.Blank white paper as a result.
I wonder if we could somehow mod the scanner lamp since it is nearly impossible for us to buy the scanner lamp nowdays,even samsung support say so.
The function of this lamp is similiar to a torchlight.It will brighten the document that we want to scan during the scanning proces.What if somehow we manage to use other device other than the lamp it self like superbright LED(20 watts) or another lamp scanner from dead scanner macine.I think it will work.Anyone care to comment....

Re: Samsung scx-4216 laser PSC by patandger (9/9/11 4:17 PM) reply + / -
I accidentally plugged my U.S. Samsung scx-4216 directly into 240 volt U.K.and (naturally) Blew either the printer fuse or maybe the circuit board. Can it be repaired at a reasonable cost ? .It was a super printer.

Re: Samsung scx-4216 by pacote (4/8/12 12:15 AM) reply + / -
thanks a lot

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters