fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

HP LaserJet 1300 fan error

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

HP LaserJet 1300 fan error by tlmurray (9/13/05 2:50 PM) reply + / -
I just replaced the fuser sleeve. Everything seemed to go extremely well. When the installation was complete I plugged the printer in and the attention light is blinking. I went to this site: HP LaserJet 1150 and 1300 Series Printers - Understanding and Troubleshooting Control Panel Light Patterns. What I found is that I am getting is a "fan error". I checked the fan and it is not working. Any ideas why the fan would quit working? Is there anything else to check, to see why the fan may not be working? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: HP LaserJet 1300 fan error by dmzcompute (9/13/05 3:12 PM) reply + / -
The attention light does not necessarily mean the fan is not working. From what I remember the fan comes on when the fuser heats. When you removed the fuser to replace the sleeve, you most likely removed the cable which goes to the fan. I would first make sure all cables have been put back onto the main board. The yellow attention light could be a tripped sensor (you tell that if the motor does not turn when power is applied), no toner cartridge, the cover interlock is not working and no paper in the tray.

Re: HP LaserJet 1300 fan error by Stephen (9/13/05 5:57 PM) reply + / -
TL,

You seem thoroughly confused, unless your blinking light is a secondary error, but from what you told us it's not.

Attention state. The printer has an error. The door is open, the media is out, the print cartridge is installed incorrectly, or the paper is jammed.

1. Check that the print cartridge door is completely closed.
2. Load media into the correct input tray.
3. Check that the print cartridge is correctly installed in the printer.
4. There is a paper jam.
5. Check that the door and print cartridge interlocks are operating correctly.

Re: HP LaserJet 1300 fan error by twang (9/14/05 6:35 PM) reply + / -
The main motor not turning will also cause this error, HP forgot to put that in the manual. (guess how I found out)

Re: HP LaserJet 1300 fan error by dmzcompute (9/14/05 7:19 PM) reply+1 + / -
The other thing you may want to check is the ribbon cable which runs from the laser/scanner to the formatter. It is on the left side. In fact I think there are two ribbon cables. Remove them both and reseat. This was a know issue with the 1200 series.

Re: HP LaserJet 1300 fan error by tlmurray (9/15/05 8:34 PM) reply + / -
thank you all for your responses. The motor is not turning when power is applied. I have checked the ribbon cables and they seem to be seated properly. I checked everything that Stephen posted and everything seems to be ok.

Is there anything I should check to see why the motor is not turning when I apply power to the printer?

Thanks for all the help!

Re: HP LaserJet 1300 fan error by dmzcompute (9/15/05 9:03 PM) reply + / -
Except for a sensor flag in the wrong position you may have a bad motor.

Re: HP LaserJet 1300 fan error by tlmurray (9/16/05 10:00 AM) reply + / -
The motor worked great before I took the printer apart :( There must be a sensor flag in the wrong position.

Re: HP LaserJet 1300 fan error by dmzcompute (9/16/05 10:09 AM) reply+1 + / -
Check all the connections to the main board. Also check the sensor and flag at the back middle of the fuser assembly which has the wires running to it. That fuser is not very easy to replace the sleeve and I would lean towards that exit sensor as the issue.

Re: HP LaserJet 1300 fan error by tlmurray (9/22/05 11:07 AM) reply + / -
Thank you dmzcompute! You were correct, it was the exit sensor flag. The motor is now turning. However, now after the motor turns I get a squeek sound and then the motor stops and the attention light starts to flash. Any ideas???

Its been one thing after another with me!

Re: HP LaserJet 1300 fan error by dmzcompute (9/22/05 11:38 AM) reply + / -
You need to narrow down where the squeak is coming from. You can remove the covers and hold the door closed and turn on the printer. See if you can hear by putting your ear close to see exactly where the noise is coming from.

Re: HP LaserJet 1300 fan error by tlmurray (9/26/05 8:03 AM) reply + / -
It seems like it is coming from the fuser sleeve. When turned on the rollers turn, then a makes a squeek noise and the motor comes to a halt. Could it be caused from the fuser sleeve not being greased properly, or enough?

Re: HP LaserJet 1300 fan error by Stephen (9/26/05 5:52 PM) reply + / -
Not likely to be a lubrication problem of the sleeve, the sleeve is a thin plastic tube and the motor could turn it with no lubrication, of course then it would shred.

If you turn it on with the toner cartridge removed does it squeak? It will get the same flashing light, but will eliminate the toner cartridge as the cause of the problem.

Re: HP LaserJet 1300 fan error by tlmurray (10/3/05 12:57 PM) reply + / -
I get the same problem when I take the toner out. It realy seems like it is coming from the toner sleeve.

Re: HP LaserJet 1300 fan error by dmzcompute (10/3/05 1:12 PM) reply + / -
The squeak and the motor coming to a halt could be something wrong with the way you put the fuser back together and it binds so much that the motor stops. Remove the fuser and turn the beige gear by hand and see if it turns freely or binds. This is the one reason they do not have a sleeve kit on this site for that fuser. Just to difficult to diassemble the fuser and put back together without something going wrong. There are little bushings which the presure roller sits in which come out easy and if not there will cause issue. I know I replaced only a couple and now I just purchase a rebuilt fuser. Not worth the time, effort and/or agravation.

I replace sleeve of HP LaserJet 1300 by tataisue (8/29/09 1:48 AM) reply + / -
After finishing everything back tnen attation light is brinking so How can I solve the problem?

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters