fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

HP Color LaserJet 2500 only printing on right side

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

HP Color LaserJet 2500 only printing on right side by dave_nyc (8/23/05 8:06 AM) reply + / -
Hi everyone-

I've got a HP Color LaserJet 2500 that I just had UPS'd from my old house after a recent move. The printer took a bit of a beating in shipping (even though it was shipped in the box it came in) and now it's only printing on the right side of the page. The right side of the printer had it's plastic casing knocked out of socket, but I was able to pop that back in with little problem. When I tried to print a test page it squeaked a bit and then spit out a document that was only printed on the right half of the page. My question is this- it seems that something else must have been knocked out of alignment/out of socket- any ideas what it might be and is this something I can fix or replace myself. I had the printer insured for transport, but if it's a relatively easy fix I'd rather do it myself than wait to go through the UPS insurance claim- I need the printer as soon as possible for my business and can't wait for the insurance.

Any help offered would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks-

Dave

Re: HP Color LaserJet 2500 only printing on right by dmzcompute (8/23/05 12:17 PM) reply + / -
Only thing which comes to mind is the laser/scanner either an obstruction or the optics damaged. Your best bet is to file the claim. Go out and get yourself one of the new hp2600N which is a updated version of the 2500. No more carousel which makes it faster, built in network card and best of all can be bought on sale for 339.00.

Re: HP Color LaserJet 2500 only printing on right side by kevinm77 (4/4/06 12:53 PM) reply+1 + / -
The problem is that the alignment has been knocked out, check the timing marks in the black toner holder are set correctly

Re: HP Color LaserJet 2500 only printing on right side by davidrobertbryant (5/6/08 5:41 AM) reply+1 + / -
Hi I got the same problem as kevinm77 where do I find the timeing mark's fore the majenter cartridge holder.

Re: HP Color LaserJet 2500 only printing on right side by herfy (5/6/08 5:50 AM) reply + / -
is the toner still inside the printer when you put it in the box? because toner spills inside the printers. so dmzcompute is right about the laser/scanner. but you can check the glass inside the laser/scanner, maybe you just need to clean it because of the spilled toner.

Re: Re: HP Color LaserJet 2500 only printing on right side by davidrobertbryant (5/7/08 6:15 AM) reply + / -
Hi I have allready solved the problem I just had to download the latest driver from within the servive box, this is the first active driver that I have come acrose the driver put's code into the printer's memory to solve the problem.

Re: Re: Re: HP Color LaserJet 2500 only printing on right side by dmzcompute (5/7/08 3:57 PM) reply + / -
Then you did not have a indexing issue. There is no way for a driver to fix a mechanical problem so your issue was not the issue that the person who started this thread had. I have seen many of this model with the issue and it is one side of the carousel jumps one or two notches of the gear on one side and realigning those gears corrects the issue. Only way with that problem is to physically move one side's gears to match the other. Driver software can not do this since it is mechanical.

Re: HP Color LaserJet 2500 only printing on right side by loanadvisor (edited 5/27/08 2:21 PM) reply + / -
I am in the same boat here. I replaced my black cartridge and the printer is now only working on the right side.

I have been to the site listed above for the manuals and "the library is not available"

Have you got one you can email or post somewhere for the 2550 and the 2840?

maybe my imagination but it looks like the drum and the carsoul are not evenly spaced from left to right. Is this one of the visual observations for a jumped timing?

Re: HP Color LaserJet 2500 only printing on right side by Anonymous (5/29/08 8:36 AM) reply + / -
These carousels are very fragile, and the left side had the most moving parts. That is where the damage will be, and a new carousel is needed. Aligning will maybe allow some printing, but not for long. A real pain to install!

Re: Re: HP Color LaserJet 2500 only printing on ri by Anonymous (5/30/08 11:19 AM) reply + / -
I had this same problem. and sure as hell one side was off by one tooth. it was somewhat of a pain to get in there and realign the thing, but it fixed it.

thanks for the tip.

Eric

Re: HP Color LaserJet 2500 only printing on right side by Anonymous (5/17/09 5:11 PM) reply + / -
I seem to be having a similar problem with my color LJ2500N.
It only prints on the right side, about 25% of the page width.
Color, registration, etc look fine on that 25%.
Engine test switch also prints a horizontal line on the rightmost 25%.
There are no failure lights and the printer powers on and
runs through its power up test without incident.
The color test page shows a uniform band for each color in its proper sequence (on the rightmost 25% of the page)

I think I've tried everything before digging into the printer
to check the alignment of the carousel gears.

so far, I've tried:
1. replaced media with good 20# laser printer paper
2. replaced all 4 toner cartridges
3. replaced the imaging drum
4. tried all the diagnostics including test page, config page,
engine test page, etc.
5. ran the cleaning and registration procedures
6. power cycled off for 10 minutes

None of the above procedures altered the symptoms.
The symptoms are consistent showing clean printing on the rightmost 25% of the page. To the left of that it rapidly becomes completely blank.

Any other things to try before tearing into it to check the alignment of the gears in the carousel would be greatly appreciated.

Marc
>>

Re: HP Color LaserJet 2500 only printing on right side by deepak.tankar@gmail. (8/24/09 4:59 AM) reply + / -
hp colour laserjet 2550 printer print only right side pls help me

Re: HP Color LaserJet 2500 only printing on right side by alexrg (5/24/11 5:34 PM) reply + / -
gotcha!! you will find two springs under the waste tray, verify your correct position.

Re: HP Color LaserJet 2500 only printing on right side by vanessa27 (2/21/13 12:48 PM) reply + / -
I didn't even notice that the alignment was off until close observation. The right gear was off. I re-aligned by pulling the carousel inward passing the small gear carrying it one tooth back.It's maybe the wrong way as might have had broke something but i was all done in 3 minutes. Excessive toner scatter i believe may have added to this problem.
I'm located in Trinidad West Indies and there are few persons here to help with such a situation.
Thanks to all of you i saved a lot of money. I have printed a lot since.
Thanks again.....

Re: Re: HP Color LaserJet 2500 only printing on right side by moe (2/21/13 2:39 PM) reply + / -
That's the preferred method of alignment. Take out the cartridges. Pull out on the large right carousel gear and pop it in to its new position. If you get it right, you can sight on one of the cartridge slots. Rotate the carousel to center the triangle in the slot on the left and then sight on the right slot and see if it is centered as well. Repeat as necessary.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters