fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by STAN ASHCRAFT (8/7/05 8:40 AM) reply + / -
I HAVE SEARCHED MY OWNERS MANUAL, AND CHECKED MY TOOLS. THE PRINTER IS DISPLAYING A "CARTRIDGE ERROR" ON THE PRINTER SCREEN. THIS MEANS THE CARTRIDGE IS EITHER MISSING (WHICH IT ISN'T) OR NOT NOTICED. I REMOVED THE CARTRIDGE AND RE-INSEERTED IT. ON SCREEN IT SHOWS A CANTER WITH A QUESTION MARK. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME WHOEVER!

Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by unknown (1/4/07 4:50 PM) reply + / -
i am havin da same prob
plzzzzz help!

Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by pcrmike (1/8/07 4:25 PM) reply + / -
These have sometimes got bad contacts on the cart. Call Dell and get them to replace the carts for you. :-) PCRMike

Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by Anonymous (1/28/07 3:48 PM) reply + / -
Three different cartridges (all real Dell, all new) and the same error. I have to think there is a short or open somewhere else in the carriage that holds the cartridges.

Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by Anonymous (2/19/07 11:39 AM) reply + / -
I have tried everything, every time I try to print, a message comes up saying error on fatel line 787, I changed the ink changed the usb reinstalled and nothing. Can someone please help

Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by bounce (edited 2/20/07 2:13 PM) reply-1 + / -
i have a dell 942 printer that comes up with cartridge error and i can't figure out what's up my black ink will print out but the color doesn't can anyone tell me what is going on? thank you mybounce2006@yahoo.com

Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by bounce (2/20/07 2:17 PM) reply+1 + / -
i have a dell 942 all in one printer that comes up with error message cartridge error can anyone tell me what is going on and how can i fix it?

Re: Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by Anonymous (6/7/07 10:11 PM) reply + / -
it's definitely the printer, I get the same message "Cartridge Error" I have gone through 3-color cartridges 2 from Dell and 1-aftermarket, the black works fine but the color does not.
I am in the process of tearing my 942 AIO apart and will let u know what i find.

Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by pdmc03@aol.com (7/19/07 2:50 PM) reply + / -
I have the same problem. My clor was empty replcced it with a high yield Dell cartridge and now I have "usupported cartridge error" These carts are expen$ive. Anyone ever fix this on their 942?
ON SCREEN IT SHOWS A CANTER WITH A QUESTION MARK Too!
Thanks-- in advance--- for any help!
Candy

Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by izblonde (10/10/07 6:08 AM) reply + / -
my error message is 1203 and it wont let me do anything helpppppppppp

Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by MarieM (10/10/07 10:11 AM) reply + / -
I would try cleaning the contacts on the printer. Use a Q-tip and some isopropyl alchohol and clean the copper contacts where you cartridge plugs in. While your at it you might as well clean the copper contacts on the cartridge also. It is very common that Dell cartridges have this error. If that doesn't work send them back to Dell. I suggest to anyone who has a Dell printer to toss it and buy an HP. Dells are nothing but a nightmare!

Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by Anonymous (11/27/07 7:41 PM) reply + / -
I have lines and nothing will clean it up. I followed the manual & ran the clean printhead, but nothing. Q tip & alcohol, not much better. Something I'm missing ?

Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by Anonymous (12/6/07 9:15 AM) reply + / -
could you e-mail a Owners Manual for this printer ( all-in-one printer 942

Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by anonymouse (6/15/08 11:58 AM) reply + / -
Could someone send me an owners manual or user guide for (all-in-one printer 942) Im getting a message that says Error:1230. counsult User Guide. plz help.

Re: Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by Anonymous (6/19/08 11:26 AM) reply + / -
YES Cleaning worked. !
I buy the cartridges from Staples and thats when I started
having problems (recycled ) .
Usually its the black that shows a ? error
but I have also bought Photo Cartridges that didnt fit corretly in Printer. I had to take them back back.

Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by joethewindowmman (7/14/08 9:05 AM) reply + / -
i have a dell 942 printer and it is always having problems. currently, i have reinstalled the driver and every time i go to print i receive a spoolsv.exe error saying that " the instruction at XXX referenced memory at 0x00000000" and that " the memory could not written". anyone have any possible solutions or answers? thank you

Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by Anonymous (8/3/08 6:43 PM) reply + / -
I am having a problem with my printer, program won't load.

Re: Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by Anonymous (8/8/08 9:51 AM) reply + / -
check to make sure your default printer is the 942 if it is you may need to delete and reinstall the printer driver.

Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by Huntsmen (8/8/08 10:22 AM) reply + / -
This might be to much for some people. but my printer was slamming about giving me a ink cartridge jammed error. i called support and naturally my warranty was expired. they said the fix was a new printer and to trash this one. well my thought is if its trash i cant break it. So i took out the screws in the bottom (3) pressed the hinges to the right side and lifted releases the top side scanner and all. pryed alittle on the seam of the case with my hands dont use a tool here would cause damage,"same area you see when changing ink out" held in by tabs.then lifted it like a door, i found a plastic strip with a digital print on it laying on the rollers which needs to be threaded through the cartridge carrier, to do this you release the carrier by the 2 retaining clips on both sides just pull up gently they come right off then walk the roller out to the left take the belt off the tension roller and put the strip if not broken at the ends with the small side slit on the left side with the arrow facing up on other side be careful not to pull any wires loose and this should all be done while its unplugged from the comp and outlet only tools i used were a philips screwdriver and a pair or tweezers and some snips or dykes. reassemble the carrier roller and all attach the clips make sure the plastic strip goes through the reading eye area correctly. then you need to put the belt back in place. there should be a small spring on the right side this attaches to the stripe of plastic side with longer slot and it rest over another metal tab i had to cut and reshape the spring to make it work. make sure all tabs are aligned correctly carrier is in place and able to move. put the hinges back in place and the screws in the bottom and reattach to the comp you should be ready for business. oh one more note if you touched the plastic strip you should wipe your finger prints off of it. this is how the printer knows where the carrier is located so it can print a page... mine works like new.....

Re: Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by Anonymous (8/21/08 5:20 PM) reply + / -
I have a dell 944 all in one printer. I noticed the paper jam error then when I looked inside i saw the cartridge timing strip hanging. but then my 2 year old son pulled it out completely. The strip is not broken,but I have no clue on where or how to reconnect it. I tried to follow along with your blog, but I got lost. So right now I have the printer roller out and the belt.
Please help I dont want to throw this out

Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by Anonymous (8/24/08 1:28 PM) reply + / -
Had the same problem several years ago. Printer has been sitting dead since. Everything was fine and one day I got that error message out of the blue. I changed cartridges, nothing. I went to the Dell website and they gave instructions for cleaning the print heads. Didn't work. I know there's an easy fix, but haven't found it yet. I hate these all-in-one things. They're dinosaurs.

Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by Anonymous (9/17/08 7:09 PM) reply + / -
I have one white horizontal line that I can't get rid of when I print text about 2/3 of the way down my paper. I aligned, and cleaned print cartridge nozzles and contacts as well as the contacts on the printer itself. Can anybody tell me how to get rid of it? It started when I changed print cartridges. I always ordered directly from Dell and had no trouble but the ones I have now are from Staples. It's my 2nd set from Staples...took the 1st ones back because they seemed defective.

Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by stonekelrn (9/27/08 12:46 PM) reply + / -
I had the same problem....I had the ink cartridge refilled instead of buying them from Dell....that is when the problem started.....and if you ink gets down to a certain level....it will give you that message error....My solution....I bought an Epson printer.....$69.00 at Best Buy does everything but Fax....and photo's are not as good...but you can upgrade for a cost...but epson you can buy the cartridges you need seperate...no color or black and white...for an arm and leg.
Dell has that fixed.
Kelly

Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by kraerae1 (10/5/08 7:13 AM) reply + / -
please help error message 1203!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by Anonymous (11/7/08 2:15 PM) reply + / -
I got the same error 1203 did you find out how to fix it?

Re: Re: Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by Anonymous (11/8/08 2:45 PM) reply + / -
Can you please help me with this error message I am getting from my printer? its error 1203.

Did you find out how to fix it?

Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 924 by brofos2 (edited 11/9/08 10:33 PM) reply + / -
My problem with my 924 is every time I disconnect the printer from a power source I can't get the wonderful investment to start up again.This latest time I had a power outage,now the power button stays lit and flashes every 15 secs. or so.It does not respond and dell is no help,they just want me to buy a new one now that mine is out of warranty.I think there is a process to restart the printer and have accidentally got it to respond before but I don't know how. HELP

Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by mlcope (11/21/08 4:48 PM) reply + / -
My printer 942 all in one. When I go to scan into email it says the all in one driver does not respond. Of course it is just out of warranty.....
I have unplugged everything several times as well as rebooted several times. Nothing.

Help please and thanks

Re: Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by Giffney (12/17/08 4:23 PM) reply + / -
did you ever figure out what happened. Mine is doing the exact same thing!

Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by SHARLENE BORDON (12/26/08 9:00 PM) reply + / -

RECENTLY I HAD A PAPER JAM AFTER WHICH A LONG, THIN PLASTIC STRIP WITH SMALL SLITS ON THE SIDES CAME OUT OF MY DELL 942 ALL-IN -ONE PRINTER.CARTRIDGES SLAM AFTER THEY MOVE ACROSS THE TRACK.IT WON'T PRINT. HOW CAN I REPAIR IT? SB

Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by SHARLENE BORDON (12/26/08 9:04 PM) reply + / -

HOW DO I GET A DELL PRINTER MANUEL FOR DELL ALL-IN-ONE 942 PRINTER?

1 document pending for owner by vpm (2/7/09 7:14 AM) reply + / -
The icon appears in the lower right corner of the screen but all I get is a message stating "1 document pending for owner." Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Re: 1 document pending for owner by sin1 (2/15/09 6:13 PM) reply + / -
Yeah, I have the same problem.
There's an icon that says 1 document(s) pending, and when I right-click "Open All Active Printers and Faxes," it says that the status is printing, when it clearly is not.

Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by haydenid (3/20/09 4:43 PM) reply + / -
I have a dell all in one printer 942..
The problem I am haveing is after changing the ink cartridges something happened and the lcd panel went from the english lanuguage to chinese and I can't figure out how to change it back. I have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the software. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by SLSM (4/13/09 11:22 AM) reply + / -
My printer has had some problems that I could always resolve with help from DELL. I first had a vague narrow white strip horizontally down the sheet of paper. I had small strips that size that would be cut of sheets of paper when I printed. This didn't happen frequently. Then I got the PAPER JAM MESSAGE. Finally I found that a thin strip of paper was jammed inside the guts of the printer. I pulled it out on two occasions with a tweezer. STILL THE PAPER JAM MESSAGE. I have disconnected, turned off, reinstalled the software and still I get the PAPER JAM MESSAGE. I took a peice of card stock and gently pushed it through the printer. There are no more paper jams. STILL, IRECEIVE THAT MESSAGE. I phoned Dell, they said, BUY A NEW PRINTER. It printed and worked great until I discovered the very narrow, long strip of paper barely exposed at the bottom of the printer. Now, how do I get rid of the PAPER JAM MESSAGE?

DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by damonwallace3 (8/26/09 8:43 PM) reply + / -
I'm having problems with my dell all in one printer 942. I'm getting a cartridge error when I just replaced it?
I'm also having problems with it printing and reading memory cards. This whole printer has just given me problems. It's saying my ink refills havent taken effect either saying both are low to empty after being replaced.

Re: Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by Anonymous (9/12/09 6:04 AM) reply + / -
får feilmelding 1203! hjeeeeelp

Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by Anonymous (9/20/09 12:08 PM) reply + / -
Have you found a solution yet? I am having the same cartridge error and have replaced the cartridge with oem and still issue.

Re: Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by Anonymous (9/25/09 6:34 AM) reply + / -
great info.... they are always trying to get us to spend more money. I refill my cartriges but dell only lets you do a few times before it toatally fails. this could be a fix for me... I print alot and I can't afford to keep buying cartirges. Nor can I keep buying printers. I glad i still have my old lexmark. it never gave me a problem refilling the cartridge. If the dell is dead i'll go back to lexmark...

Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by carroll j. hymel (10/2/09 12:59 PM) reply + / -
MY PROBLEM STARTED WHEN I BOUGHT A NEW COMPUTER NOT A DELL I HOOKED THE PRINTER UP AND IT DIDN'T SEEM TO WORK CORRECTLY SO I DISCONNECT IT AND REINSTALLED BACK ON MY DIMENSION 4600C COMPUTER AND IT DIDN'T WORK THE PROBLEM BEING THE FEED TAKES THE PAPER TO ITS FIRST STEP BEFOR PRINTING AND THATS AS FAR AS IT GOES THE PRINTING CYCLE CONTINUES BUT THE PAPER DOSEN'S FEED, MY COLOR CART. IS EMPTY AND MY BLACK CART. IS LOW DOES THIS EFFECT THE OPERATION OR IS A MACHINCAL PROBLEM I HAD NO PROBLEM BEFORE I EVEN UNINSTALLED AND REINSTALLED THE CD . CAN YOU GIVE ME SOME KIND OF ANSWER THANK YOU

Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by grammavaas (10/6/09 9:26 AM) reply + / -
i am trying to download adellprinter all in one to a I B M computer is it compatable

Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by wood (11/6/09 9:03 AM) reply + / -
When printing anything with color or a form it is putting a straight red line thru the whole thing. This all started when I was trying to do a watermark. Help

Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by gmerrill (12/29/09 6:49 PM) reply + / -
When copying a document the left hand side of the margin is much narrow than the original, thus cutting out some letters on the left side of the document I am copying. I have read about paper feeding, alignment of cartridges etc., and followed the suggested solutions.
Any real suggestions on how to fix this problem-which just began after 3 years. Thanks

Re: Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by Miss M (1/8/10 1:47 PM) reply + / -
About the straight red line... I've gotten that on my A960. The solution is to uninstall the printer driver and reinstall it fresh. You may need to download a new driver first if you don't have a disk. Hope this helps! :)

Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by ron0017 (7/16/10 7:45 AM) reply + / -
Paper will not feed. How do I remove the covers.

Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by MarieBC (11/10/10 1:45 PM) reply + / -
I have a DEll AOI 942 which has worked well for several years. Today I moved it and now the pwer light illuminates but doesn't function (ie you can't switch it off by pressing the power button) and the mode lights and pop up screen don't illuminate or work.

Any ideas what might have happened here? The owners manual doesn't seem to offer any ideas.

All suggestions gratefully received.

Re: DELL AIO 942 - How to use Black Cartridge Only by elynner (11/19/10 1:42 PM) reply + / -

This fixed my problem when the "Print in Black and White Only" box was dimmed.

1) Go to File and Print
2) on the General Tab, click Preferences
3) there should be three tabs at the top: a) Print Setup b) Advanced and c) Maintenance. Chose Advanced Tab.
4) Click "More Options"
Under "Complete-A-Print" there are two boxes you can click: a) Use Color cartridge for all black printing and b) Use Black Cartridge to print Black and White.

You'll see that box a is clicked. Unclick that and click the other. You should be good to go. Hope it works for you like it did for me.

Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER A920 by malikn (1/8/11 1:42 AM) reply + / -
HELLO I HAVE A DELL ALL IN ONE PRINTER A190 CODE; 3BT4Z21;
IT WONT PRINT AS THE CARDTRIDGES ARE STUCK ON ONE SIDE AND WILL NOT COME BACK IN THE MIDDLE FOR ME TO ADJUST OR CHECK THEM PLEASE HELP I HAVE TRIED TURNING OFF MACHINE AND RE BOOTING BUT IT WONT MOVE. and uninstalled and re installed the software still same problem plese help

Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by john read (4/12/13 3:23 AM) reply + / -
I wish to use the printer for black ink only, without colour cartridges. Is this possible?

Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by ABUTOM (9/3/13 1:17 PM) reply + / -
SIMPLE TASK REPLACING BLACK INK CATRIDGE. DID IT AND PRINTED SAMPLE MESSAGE BACK SAID NOT PRINTING PROPERLY. SHOULD HAVE LEFT IT ALONE. CHANGED NEW CATRIDGE COULD NOT CLOSE WITHOUT FORCING.
REMOVED COLOR CATRIDGE TO SEE WHAT I WAS DOING WRONG. COULD NOT REPLACE COLOR CARTRIDGE WITHOUT FORCING. TRIED GENTLE PRESSURE AND BROKE THE TOP COVER WITH THE SPRING ON IT. WHAT IS HAPPENING?
IS IT REPAIRABLE?

Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by Diane Wright (10/1/13 3:42 PM) reply + / -
My dell all in one printer model 942 still has the error message cartridge error after I put new ink cartridge in it can someone please help

Re: DELL ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER 942 by Arwdc (3/25/14 3:46 PM) reply + / -
Dell 942 printer will not pull paper in when printing. I have to partially feed paper into printer until rollers catch paper and continues to feed into printer. How can I fix this problem.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters