fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

IBM Network Printer 17 (feed roller)

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

IBM Network Printer 17 (feed roller) by kuby (7/14/05 3:30 PM) reply + / -
Guys I am looking for the primary paper feed roller that feeds out of the cassette. Before you start laughing, I know that no one supports this machine anymore. Just picked up a new customer and they have one of these and I told them, "I would see if I can find one, but don't get your hopes up". Jams after the cassette gets low and the roller is real worn.

(We are going to replace it with a HP, but they would like to see if it can be fixed)

Re: IBM Network Printer 17 (feed roller) by Stephen (7/14/05 4:15 PM) reply + / -
Here's a desparation fix that might work:

http://www.precisionroller.com

It depends on the tire size.

Re: IBM Network Printer 17 (feed roller) by moe (7/14/05 5:50 PM) reply + / -
I've tried those but never had any luck with them. Problem is the rubber is kind of thick and they make the diameter of the roller larger. This causes more problems than it solves. I guess it might work in certain applications, but I bought a bunch of them once thinking "what a great idea", still have a bunch of them because I quickly got disillusioned.

Re: IBM Network Printer 17 (feed roller) by Stephen (7/14/05 7:11 PM) reply + / -
I suppose if the roller was dried out and had shrunk they might work better, or possibly on a larger diameter roller where they were stretched thinner.

I've also seen roller repair tape advertised as a temporary fix, but I've never tried it.

Re: IBM Network Printer 17 (feed roller) by PMM (7/15/05 3:58 PM) reply + / -
I have a copy of the service manual for this printer. I believe you are looking for the Roll Assembly, Feed 250, IBM p/n 63H2315.

If that isn't the right one, or you need something from the manual, let me know. Good luck.

Re: IBM Network Printer 17 (feed roller) by kuby (7/15/05 7:35 PM) reply + / -
I don't know the roller part number. I don't have a manual. Do you have it in PDF? Can you email it? I would be very thankful.

Re: IBM Network Printer 17 (feed roller) by pmm (7/21/05 7:10 AM) reply + / -
I don't see my last post, so I'll try again. The service manual is almost 700 pages. Email me and I'll try to send it to you. What is the capacity of the tray that you need the feed roller for, 250 or 500 sheets? The part number that I sent you before is for the 250 sheet feed roller.

Re: Re: IBM Network Printer 17 (feed roller) by Anonymous (11/22/06 12:42 AM) reply + / -
Re: IBM Network Printer 17 (feed roller) by PMM (7/15/05 3:58 PM) reply + / -
I have a copy of the service manual for this printer. I believe you are looking for the Roll Assembly, Feed 250, IBM p/n 63H2315.

If that isn't the right one, or you need something from the manual, let me know. Good luck.

-----------

I saw the above reply regarding IBM Network Printer 17 and you mentioned that you have the manual. Would you be kind enough to share the menu on how to setup the network options (ip address etc.). Nobody kept the manual and can no longer be traced because it was delivered 10 yrs ago... :-)

Appreciate any reply from you, thanks in advance.

Regards,
William

Re: Re: IBM Network Printer 17 (feed roller) by tcholmes (6/4/09 12:37 PM) reply + / -
The easiest way to distribute it might be to upload it to http://www.eserviceinfo.com/

...and any other IBM manuals you have, the wold would love to have...

(^_^)

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters