fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

HP 9040 MFP Error code

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

HP 9040 MFP Error code by Paul_W (6/17/05 7:49 AM) reply + / -
Hi, I have an HP 9040 MFP that is giving me a 49.00FF error. This error seems to happen mostly when a user is trying to send a document to email, but I've also seen it pop up on its own. The error gets cleared when you reboot the machine. I have already replaced the formatter board along with the firmware compact flash card. I have been on the phone with HP for hours, and they can't seem to help me out, so I thought that maybe somebody on here will know what could be causing this error.

Thanks

Paul

Re: HP 9040 MFP Error code by dmzcompute (6/17/05 2:27 PM) reply + / -
On most HP printers 49 errors are related to the firmware and formatter of which you replaced both. The only other issue I know is with certain software appliations such as Adobe and the like sometimes will cause 49 errors. See if it is always the same application when the error occurs. Also you do not mention how the printer is connected. If it used an EIO card or network interface I would try to swap that. Good Luck.

Re: HP 9040 MFP Error code by Stephen (6/17/05 6:57 PM) reply + / -
I have had a Color LaserJet 4500 with a 49 error that was fixed by replacing the JetDirect card.

Does that printer have a JetDirect 615N installed? The 615N's have had lot's of problems. HP has been replacing them even if they are out of warranty, ASP's can order replacements for 615N's that fall in a specific serial number range, HP JetDirect support has been sending replacements for any serial number card that fails.

Re: HP 9040 MFP Error code by Mattb (3/29/06 10:38 AM) reply + / -
Paul,

Have you managed to get sorted out with this problem. I have a similar problem where I get 49. FF04 Service Error on a 9040N. The printer is under warranty, but HP don't haveany parts. Hope you might be of some help

Matt

Re: HP 9040 MFP Error code by Anonymous (3/30/06 4:41 PM) reply + / -
The 49FF04 error comes up on most HP printers. The Majority of the time it is either an Email or WEB page that is trying to be processed. Not ALL of them, just certain jobs. To verify, cycle power with the CAT 5 cable removed. NO ERROR? then =it is "an offending jod" in the queue. Clear the Queue in the Host, plug in the cat 5 and power on. Error went away? fixed. If YES Error, Remove jetdirect and power on the printer. NO ERROR? =jet direct. Yes error = Formatter/ Firmware.

Re: HP 4100mfp Error code by Yohannes (6/27/06 12:24 AM) reply + / -
I have an hp 4100mfp with scanner and after an eclectic power failure the printer gave an error message of 49.00FF were it does not any thing any more. the error occurs even after I disconnected the jet direct card

Re: HP 4100mfp Error code by Yohannes (6/27/06 12:36 AM) reply + / -
I have an hp 4100mfp with scanner and after an eclectic power failure the printer gave an error message of 49.00FF were it does not any thing any more. the error occurs even after I disconnected the jet direct card

Re: Re: HP 4100mfp Error code by Anonymous (9/14/06 10:58 AM) reply + / -
Try to format the harddisk! I had the same error and after an init it worked!!
This is the original HP "howto":

(1) Power off the MFP.

(2) Reinstall the EIO hard drive in the EIO slot, and tighten the screws.

(3) Press and continue to hold down the START button on the control panel of the MFP. While holding it down, power up the MFP.

(4) Continue to hold down the START button until the MFP initializes and the three control panel LEDs are all lit up solid. Now release the START button.

(5) Press and release the LEFT navigation button. The message INITIALIZE DISKS will be displayed on the control panel display.
Press and release the SELECT button. Two rows of asterisks will be displayed on the control panel display.

(6) When the asterisks disappear and the message READY appears on the control panel display, the issue should be resolved.

Good luck!

Re: HP 9040 MFP Error code by Anonymous (10/4/06 6:29 AM) reply + / -
Try the following,

Go to printers and right click on the printer icon then go to properties.

Choose device settings and go down to check if you installed the try that you are printing from.

I hope that will work for you!

Re: HP 9040 MFP Error code by Mark Bolhuis (10/16/06 4:07 AM) reply + / -
Same error code here with an HP LASERJET 2430DTN. Replacing the jet direct card solved the problem. Did not check anything else.

Re: HP 9040 MFP Error code by elsar aragon (10/24/06 6:38 PM) reply + / -
I encountered that error in my diagnosed in my first troubleshooting I isolate the EIO 20gb disk drive has a problem I replaced it and the error not exist but in the next day the problem still occured. So i recommend to replaced Formatter Assemble and the problem not exist any longer.

Re: HP 9040 MFP Error code by Paul_W (edited 11/29/06 8:09 AM) reply + / -
I know it's been a while, but I thought I'd update you guys on this issue. The problem was actually with the DSS software that the user was using to send emails and other workflow related stuff. The problem was with a setting in the DSS software, it was setup so that the printer controls all the emailing and not the software. So all we had to do was change the setting so that it enables the DSS software to handle the emailing and not the printer.

Re: HP 9040 MFP Error code by wilber (7/12/07 2:02 PM) reply + / -
Para mostrarselo a los de TIC

Re: HP 9040 MFP Error code 49.4C02 by Anonymous (11/27/07 12:14 AM) reply + / -
hi to everyone. i have problem in our printer HP 9040 MFP.
Error code 49.4C02 this is the error code display in my control panel. any can help me to fix this error. this is the first time i encounter this promlem.

Re: HP 9040 MFP Error code by Stephen (11/27/07 4:50 AM) reply + / -
Have you tried any of the suggestions already documented in this post?

Re: Re: HP 9040 MFP Error code by Anonymous (11/29/07 2:29 AM) reply + / -
but how hp has given replacment

Re: Re: HP 9040 MFP Error code by Anonymous (12/27/07 2:27 AM) reply + / -
hi
my name is ajay (9821441645) & i am working as dixit infotech mum
49.00ff errore is releded with network print spooling plz.cancel all the document on the network port & cold reset the printre & reconfig & also updat new firmware

Re: HP 9040 MFP Error code by avalosj6 (3/18/08 4:09 PM) reply + / -
HOW TO RESET PM COUNTERS?

Re: Re: HP 9040 MFP Error code by Anonymous (5/27/08 2:36 PM) reply + / -
CALL A REAL TECK TO DO THIS IF U DONT DO IT RIGHT LIKE COLD RESET YOU CAN LOOSE YOUR IP ADDRESS

Re: HP 9040 MFP Error code by Anonymous (8/31/09 7:00 AM) reply + / -
Ich bekam auf einem 9040mfp die gleiche Fehlermeldung.
Bei mir hat das Tauschen der CF-Karte geholfen.

Ich habe mir die Karte von einem anderen 9040mfp kopiert und diese dann dort verbaut.
Danach lief er wieder.

Re: Re: HP 9040 MFP Error code 49.4C02 by NEERAJ NARVARIYA (5/31/10 11:14 AM) reply + / -
hi to everyone. i have problem in our printer HP 9040 MFP.
Error code 49.4C02 this is the error code display in my control panel. any can help me to fix this error. this is the first time i want to encounter this promlem.

Re: HP 9040 MFP Error code by Ed-Printer (11/30/12 4:37 PM) reply + / -
Yeah I have a Hp 9040 laserjet printer that is giving this error also 49.4C02. I have had the sys admin clear the queue and he tells me it is empty. With the network cable unplugged it works fine when I plug the cable in and it tries to process the jobs sent to it it gives the message 49.4C02 Error turn off and on to clear. I have replaced the firmware and formatter-Jet direct is embedded in the formatter with the same results. We also replaced all network cables and switched it to another port on the switch and it still continues. Sometimes it will print a few pages but the error appears again. I have reset the printer to factory settings and then re-entered the IP Subnet and gateway with the same results. At this point I am clueless. Any help or reference will be appreicated I know of nothing else to try. Thanks

Re: HP 9040 MFP Error code by Ed-Printer (11/30/12 4:40 PM) reply + / -
Yeah I have a Hp 9040 laserjet printer that is giving this error also 49.4C02. I have had the sys admin clear the queue and he tells me it is empty. With the network cable unplugged it works fine when I plug the cable in and it tries to process the jobs sent to it it gives the message 49.4C02 Error turn off and on to clear. I have replaced the firmware and formatter-Jet direct is embedded in the formatter with the same results. We also replaced all network cables and switched it to another port on the switch and it still continues. Sometimes it will print a few pages but the error appears again. I have reset the printer to factory settings and then re-entered the IP Subnet and gateway with the same results. At this point I am clueless. Any help or reference will be appreicated I know of nothing else to try. Thanks

Sorry for the 2nd post I didn't notice the checkbox to notify if anyone responds

Re: HP 9040 MFP Error code by Ed-Printer (11/30/12 5:29 PM) reply + / -
Re: LaserJet 9040n displays 49.4C02 errorPost options
Mark as New
Found this on the HP site wondering if anyone had any success with it? It ask to update the firmware with a parallel cable I suppose connected to a serial port on a laptop--These ports are not availiable on any laptops I have seen lately unless a converter is avail that I do not know about

Have you done a cold reset with the JD card installed? (Hold down the green button as you power on until you see cold reset flash across the screen). If that clears it,flash firmware for the card and the printer right away. If that doesn't then swap the card out for a known working one if you have one.

If you have a JD 615, grab the serial number and call 1-800-647 6836 and when asked by the voice for the product say Jet Direct. I know for a while they were replacing the 615's as they failed even if they were more than a year old (but I'm not sure if they are still doing that).

49 errors are communication errors, not always related to the firmware (although firmware is the number 1 cause of these errors). If the error pops up with the swapped card, you might have a corrupt print job caught in the queue somewhere. If you print from a server - when you can, reboot it. If everyone has a direct connection, you'll need to get everyone to reboot their computers.

I've also seen bad firmware on the printer cause a 49 error for every JD card installed - if you aren't at the latest printer firmware, grab a parallel cable and follow the instructions in the readme file that comes with the software to do the upgrade.

A bad cable, router, switch, or pc NIC card also has the potential to cause these errors, although rare I have seen them all.

Re: HP 9040 MFP Error code by Ed-Printer (11/30/12 5:44 PM) reply + / -
I did not do the cold reset maybe that is the key I only did a factory reset. will keep everyone posted on this matter. this seems to be a common issue most of the time clearing the print queue resolves the issue. But not this time. I am curious and will continue until it is resolved.

Re: HP 9040 MFP Error code by Yes Summer (11/13/13 2:59 PM) reply + / -
After upgrading the firmware with my HP M9040 MFP, the machine was stucked at an error of 49.00FF. Restarting and initialzing harddisk are no hlep. harddisk, but not work either.

When the PC which sent the firmware to the printer is shut down or online, the error will gone. However, when the PC is up, the problem will be back again. Restart Print Spooler, no help.

Finally, after many tries, I got the solution:

1. Disconnect the PC
2. Stop the Print Spooler
3. Delete all print queu in C:\Windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS
4. Start Print Spooler
5. Connect the PC
6. Upload the new firmware again to the printer.

Wish it will help in your case.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters