fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Chuck (12/29/04 12:09 PM) reply + / -
I get a "MACHINE ERROR 77" code when I power up my MFC-8500. I called Brother but they just want me to send it to a repair facility. I'd rather eBay the unit than pay a premium to get it repaired. The best I can figure out is that it has something to do with the fuser or the heat thermostat. Can anyone help to pinpoint a remedy for my MFC-8500?

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by darrell (12/17/05 7:14 AM) reply + / -
I just got the same message on my mfc-8500 after a brief power outage.

I opened the front panel, removed the toner and closed the panel. The printer tried to warm up and then said to open the panel door. I then opened the door, inserted the toner, closed it and the machine error was cleared.

Perhaps all you need to do is remove the toner and put it back in. I was just letting you know every step that I took.

Darrell

Re: Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Anonymous (5/11/06 9:11 AM) reply + / -
Wow! I know your post was from 2004 but we experienced a power outage yesterday at work. My fax had the error 77 on it. I was about to call Brother but decide to search on the net first. I did the same as you, took the toner out, closed the door and then replaced the toner....it worked. THANKS! THANKS! THANKS!

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Anonymous (6/27/06 11:00 AM) reply + / -
Thank you! Just had a power outage, and my Brother MFC-4800 had the same error. I followed your instructions, but still had the error. I entered 99 to reset the machine and the "error 77" was replaced with a message to insert the drum; inserted drum, and we are back in action! Thank you!

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by pthomas2 (6/27/06 12:39 PM) reply + / -
I tried removing and reinstalling the toner and it didn't work, any other suggestions.

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Laserman (7/1/06 1:29 AM) reply+1 + / -
Power off the printer for 15 minutes and power back on again. If that fixes the problem then OK.
If not then go into maintenance mode -
Press and hold the menu/set key while turning on the machine. Wait until it comes completely up before releasing. It should say Maintenance in the display.

If not press function,*,2,8,6,4 within two seconds. It should say maintenance in the display. Or on some machines Menu,*,2,8,6,4 within 2 seconds.

Once you get it into maintenance hit 91 to do a parameter reset and than 99 to get out of maintenance.

If this corrects the problem then OK but you may have a failing thermister in the fuser.
If the problem happens again then change the thermister.

If the reset does not work then either the thermister or the fuser lamp has failed. In rare cases there is a poor connection with the cables to the fuser.

You will have to reset the parameter again after replacing the fuser if you need to replace the fuser or repair it.

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by pdone (7/12/06 6:56 AM) reply + / -
This same thing worked on our Brother IntelliFax 4100. The machine error 77 came up. Power cycling did not fix the problem. Powering off, removing the toner cartridge, power on, wait for error to replace toner fixed the problem. 30 seconds on Google saved 30 minutes of hassle on the phone.

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Anonymous (7/29/06 9:44 PM) reply + / -
I had the same error message; machine error 77 on a Brother MFC4800. It said to unplug the machine and call brother. I unplugged the machine and then plugged the machine back in.
Same error message appeared machine error 77. However came back a few days later to reevaluate and everything works fine. However I do remember that I opened the machine to remove the drum and replaced the drum. Maybe that is a power cycle. Anyhow it seems to be working. Maybe power cycling is the key to functionality.

Brother MFC 9700 by Rustiew2 (8/4/06 4:27 AM) reply + / -
Same problem occurred after power failure. I shut the unit off, took out the toner, replaced it and like magic no error code. THANKS!

Re: Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Anonymous (8/9/06 8:21 AM) reply + / -
You reset all Brother fax machines the same way. Press function, *, 2,8,6,4 all within 2 seconds to place the machine into the maintanence mode. Press 0,1 to perform a parameter reset. this will restore the machine to factory default settings. press 9,9 to exit maint mode

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by MFC-8500 (8/25/06 8:09 AM) reply + / -
I inherited my MFC 8500 for my home office and it came without instructions.
If anyone knows WHERE I CAN FIND INSTRUCTION MANUEL I would really appreciate it!\
thanks
crystal

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-9070 by MFC9070 (9/25/06 10:49 AM) reply + / -
Hi Guys,

I am trouble shooting a MFC 9070
http://welcome.solutions.brother.com

I am getting the machine error 77 as well - - Power cycling and trying to get into the maintenance has failed. However I must mention tho' that there is no "function button" on this model. So i just followed the Menu/Set button - no avail...I am still not able to get the maintenance console up! Please advise - Thanks in advance guys>

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-4800 by Davy Boy (9/29/06 9:54 AM) reply + / -
Hi guys, same problem occured here! Power outage then error 77 on startup!

Fix that worked for me was Menu Button * 9 1 (parameter init), and then Menu Button * 9 9 (Full reset).

That reset the internal levels etc... and everything appears to work fine!

This was after I contacted a local Brother Support Center, that quoted me $35 + $65 labor for a replacement thermal fuse.

Glad I saved me $100!

Also, a nice online test for receiving a fax was faxzero.com. We didn't have access to another fax machine to do a test fax, so this online service that sent out a test fax to our machine was invaluable!

Thanks for the post above guys!

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother Intellifax 4100 by sabirkhan (10/14/06 11:05 AM) reply + / -
I had the same error #77 after a power outage. I turned the machine off ,removed the toner and turned it on.It recycled asked to put the toner in and then the error cleared. Thanks guys saved me a lot of grief.

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Anonymous (10/18/06 7:24 AM) reply + / -
I have a MFC 9070 with same Machine error 77. I change the fuser unit, with an other FAX-8070. Doesn't work...
Then i discover your marvellous forum, and use Laserman method, to go in maintenance menu, enter 99 code, and the machine works well now.

Thanks thanks thanks

Re: Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-4800 by Anonymous (10/21/06 11:33 PM) reply + / -
Thank you. I have a same machine with the same problem. Now problem solved.

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-9880 by TDS (11/7/06 4:17 AM) reply + / -
Great forum, this.
Powering off, removing the toner cartridge, power on, wait for error saying to replace toner, then replaced toner (with power on)- fixed the problem.

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Anonymous (11/25/06 11:13 AM) reply + / -
nnn

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-4800 by sg (12/6/06 9:08 AM) reply + / -
I love the internet for this reason. I hate sitting on hold waiting for someone to tell me to power off, power on, push some buttons etc..... Thank you everyone for your help! I did have to get to the maintenance screen, not just remove/replace the toner, but It's fixed now! Back in business.

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by freeksta (12/7/06 2:38 AM) reply + / -
have a brother 8070p... does not use same method of resetting fax... *,2,8,6,4

any other way???

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Anonymous (12/14/06 9:17 AM) reply + / -
Thanks! I have a 4800 and, while removing and reinserting the drum didn't work, using *2864 worked. I had to do it a couple times before I got it right and got to the maintenance screen, but everything is working great now!

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Anonymous (12/18/06 10:44 AM) reply + / -
Hi everybody. I just had this same problem on my Intellifax 4100. I called tech support and they walked me through the repair.

Procedure is:

1) Unplug machine.
2) Hold down menu key. Plug in machine.
3) Release menu key.
4) Enter 91
5) Enter 99
6) Machine will warm up.
7) Press Reports key, then 1. This will test if the machine can
print.

It worked for me, and hopefully, will save you all some Ebay costs.

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by LynnZeiner (1/4/07 6:34 AM) reply + / -
This worked for my 4800 - power cycling alone did not work:

1) Unplug machine.
2) Hold down menu key while plugging in machine.
3) Enter 99 while holding down menu key
4) After it says "PLease wait" hit the stop/exit button to get out of the maintenance mode

Worked like a charm! Good luck!

Re: Machine Error 6A Brother MFC-8820D by Indranil (1/9/07 8:01 AM) reply + / -
I had a machine error 6a on my MFC - 8820D, and it happened after a power outage. Followed menu,*,2,8,6,4 followed by menu,*9,9 and vola...all fixed. Thanks guys. Saved a lot of moeny and time

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Master D (1/28/07 2:40 PM) reply + / -
Thanks guys,

Error 77 is gone, after Chrystal great workaround.

We love you Chrystal,

Thanks.

Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-9700 by citsmit (4/5/07 11:08 PM) reply + / -
I have alternating Machine Error 77 & Machine Error 76...

Have tried power cycling several times, as well as removing and replacing toner several times.

Menu buttons & * commands, including upon re-set, do nothing but cause long beeps.

I just bought this printer secondhand & it worked perfectly last night...been trying things for the last 10 hours to no avail!

It scans fine...guess it thinks it has a problem with fuser/toner...

helphelphelphelp! pleasepleasepleaseplease!

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by citsmit (4/7/07 12:41 PM) reply + / -
Update on 9700 problem above w/machine error 77:

Fixed! (for now...don't trust these things). I don't know the technical words to describe what I did, but:

Took the drum and toner out, separated toner from drum.
Saw that the bluish cylinder in the drum unit had a stripe where it would have contacted the toner. There was a plastic wheel where you could turn the cylinder. I gave it a 1/4 turn, reassembled and re-inserted and voila! No error.

Not sure if this means there is a mechanism to turn the cylinder that isn't working on my machine, or if it is a routine maintenance issue, or what.

I haven't seen this fix anywhere else online--maybe it's just a coincidence that it worked anyway--so I'm posting in case it might help someone like me.

Re: Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by MFC4800User (4/8/07 4:03 PM) reply + / -
Just wanted to thank you for your detailed instructions. although i have a mfc4800, the "menu * 2864" trick is the only thing that worked. you saved me many hours of suffering to fix this machine!

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Anonymous (4/10/07 12:49 PM) reply + / -
I was recieving error message 77 on the intellifax 4100.

I unplugged and press menu *99 at startup and that fixed it.

Thanks for the help

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by lynnzeiner (4/17/07 5:01 AM) reply + / -

1) Unplug machine.
4) After it says "PLease wait" hit the stop/exit button to get out of the maintenance mode

Worked AGAIN on 4/17/2007!

Re: Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-4800 by Anonymous (5/7/07 8:46 AM) reply + / -
Your solution worked wonders! Thank you!

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Anonymous (5/16/07 6:37 AM) reply + / -
This also worked for me. We didnt have a power outage as far as I know, but an end user had called me. Did a quick google and sure enough; power off, remove toner, reinsert toner, power on = no more error.

Thanks.

Re: Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-4800 by Anonymous (5/19/07 3:06 AM) reply + / -
Excellent! Thanks for this. Use this trick and I got this error message removed for Brother MFC-9180 as well! Thanks!

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Randy_S (6/2/07 12:35 PM) reply + / -
lynnzeiner's solution worked for me as well. I also had a power outage, and afterward it said "Machine Error 6A".

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Anonymous (6/26/07 2:00 AM) reply + / -
'unplug' 'menu' '91' '99' Worked for me on 4800 after plug on therister was dislodged while removing paper jam.

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Anonymous (6/27/07 12:38 AM) reply + / -
Worked on Fax 8070P. Excellent!!

1) Unplug machine.
3) Release menu key.
4) Enter 91
5) Enter 99
6) Machine will warm up.
print.

Many thanks for this post. Saved me buying a new fax I did not need.

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother Intellifax 4100 by dan deman (7/2/07 7:31 AM) reply + / -
See the below fix - worked for me. Only thing is that after you release the menu key, no maintenance menu shows up, but you just hit "91" and it initializes. Great! Thanks!

Hi everybody. I just had this same problem on my Intellifax 4100. I called tech support and they walked me through the repair.

Procedure is:

1) Unplug machine.
3) Release menu key.
4) Enter 91
5) Enter 99
6) Machine will warm up.
print.

It worked for me, and hopefully, will save you all some Ebay costs.

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by mangiman (7/16/07 10:18 AM) reply + / -
Sorry but I can't talk about my problem in English.
Tengo una multifunción Brother MFC-4800, y actualmente me está dando un mensaje que tengo que cambiar el Jump. Como ese es un repuesto que aca en Uruguay está muy caro, me saldría mas encuenta comprar una impresora nueva. Pero me han dicho que el Jump es una especie de contador de copias, que se podría modificar, pero no me saben decir de donde bajar el software para resetear el mismo. Les agradezco si alguien tiene conocimiento sobre este problema, me lo haga saber.. De nuevo gracias, y quedo a la espera.. Un saludo cordial a todos...
Manuel

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Anonymous (7/16/07 10:49 AM) reply + / -
WOW. I just got error on Brother fax also. I called and they wanted me to send in. I checked internet and found this post. Removed toner and re-insterted. All errors cleared. MANY thanks!!!!

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by RipleySW2 (7/16/07 2:28 PM) reply + / -
Hi,

After the fuser unit change on a MFC-8820D with a brand new one, the following message is visible on the control panel :

Error 6A, turn off the printer and call service.

Here is what I've done :

- Turn off the printer
- Unplug the power cable
- Hold the menu key down
- Plug the power cord back
- The common green led is blinking
- Type 99 on the numeric pad
- When the 'Please Wait' msg appears, type the Stop key to
exit maintenance mode.

The error is away and all is working fine !

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-4800 by mangiman (7/16/07 5:26 PM) reply + / -
Parece que no me hice entender, la máquina que tengo con problemas de "Jump" es una Brother MCF4800, y es sobre ella que estoy consultando.
Sorry, but I can't talk very good about my problem in English, but my Brother is an MCF4800 and it said "change jump" and I need a software to reset the jump. Thanks

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by DrTinz (7/30/07 4:00 PM) reply + / -
This worked for my Brother DCP-1000 copier/printer/scanner.

1) Unplug machine.
3) Release menu key.
4) Enter 91
5) Enter 99
6) Machine will warm up.

I didn't think anything was happening when I tried plugging it back in while holding the menu key because the error message still showed up the first few times. I finally just continued with the rest of the steps and the error message went away and the machine started humming.

Machine Error 6A Brother MFC-8840D by mathew (8/5/07 8:27 AM) reply + / -
i have this error 6a showing, any idea for a solutin guys?

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by khunphil (8/14/07 1:12 AM) reply + / -
Fax Brother 8500

Unplug the machine 5 mn, wait, and plug it again.
Problem fixed
Philippe

Re: Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-4800 by Anonymous (8/29/07 8:53 PM) reply + / -
Thank you, you have saved this Fax/Printer again

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Anonymous (8/30/07 4:11 AM) reply + / -
mathew,
6A: Heater warming-up timeout error. (Heater does not reach
60 °С within 12 second.)
1) Thermistor defective. Replace the thermistor.
2) Halogen lamp defective. Replace the halogen lamp.

Re: Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-4800 by Anonymous (9/14/07 2:25 PM) reply + / -
Thank you so much for the tip. I tried the tip pull out the toner and put it back, it didn't work. then I saw your tip "Menu Button * 9 " and tried, the machine went back to normal mode, error 77 disappeared. thanks again.

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Anonymous (9/24/07 2:04 PM) reply + / -
Had a power outage over the weekend and two of the MFC-8500 run into this problem. I found this link.

For the first of the two machines, after trying everything, I replaced it with a third MFC-8500, which was off during the power failure.

For the second, I tried everything suggested here: Did not work! I went to menu, chose fax, and it was checking drum. Suddenly, it works now. This is after inventing all kinds of other tests.

This strange!

Re: Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by sallytex (9/29/07 1:28 PM) reply + / -
Lynn Zeiner wrote:

1) Unplug machine.

This worked for my Brother DCP -1000! I was getting the Machine Error 77 message.

Thanks so much!
sally

Re: Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Anonymous (10/2/07 5:48 PM) reply+1 + / -
I have a Brother MFC 8840D.. had an error 78 after i replaced the drum unit. I tried these steps and wow!!! thank you... it cured my printer.

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Nick London (10/24/07 6:37 AM) reply + / -
I had the Machine Error 6A on a brother MFC8840D and did the resets that are on this post. It seems to have cleared the error but now on start up all it asks for is Pls Open Cover and gives me no other error code.

Is there anything else i can look for or check?

Thanks,
Nick

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Nick London (10/25/07 1:30 AM) reply + / -
Can anybody help out with this "Pls Open Cover" message we are getting stripped it down and its st doing it!!!

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by donk (10/28/07 9:24 PM) reply + / -
Machine error 6A:

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/laser/45427#12

Re: Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Anonymous (10/30/07 1:12 PM) reply + / -
NO es el jump si no el drum y en el manual viene como resetearse, solo q a veces no basta con eso, porq a pesar de q si se resetea, en ocasiones el drum ya esta deteriorado y las impresiones no son muy optimas, salen fantasmas de texto (partes en blanco) o lineas transparentes, etc. La forma de resetearse es abrir la cubierta de enfrente y pulsar las fechas, te va a preguntar si quieres reemplazar el drum (o tambor) le dices q si, cierras la cubierta y listo. Espero te sirva.

Re: Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-4800 by Anonymous (11/1/07 12:40 AM) reply + / -
...just had to say thanks for your tip!I'm actually a fax/printer engineer but a human one hence I accidentally left the thermistor unplugged after replacing the upper fuser roller.
I actually smelt smoke so I was sure something had blown,i.e one of the two thermal fuses but neither of them were o/c neither was the lamp.Anyway I tried everything posted on the site in the order they were listed but not till I read your instructions did the machine fire up.Thanks for taking the time to post your knowledge i'll have to do the same now!!!

kind regards

Win

Brother class action suit!!! ABOUT TIME! by emkay (11/5/07 9:21 AM) reply + / -
Sick and tired of this Brother error message and trouble with their junk??

I was looking for a solution to my problems with my MFC620CN when I found something INTERESTING!

Here is a link to some attorneys who are apparently gathering information for a class action suit against Brother for issues discussed here:

http://www.fazmiclaw.com/brother.html

I think its HIGH time someone took Brother to task!

You may even be due compensation!

PLEASE: Copy this to as many forums as you can and get more people on board to give Brother what they justly deserve and to see some justice done on behalf of all of us who have had sot suffer their poor products and poor customer service!

Re: Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Anonymous (11/14/07 5:21 AM) reply + / -
Thanks, that is brilliant. All fixed - and mine was a MFC 9180.

Re: Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Anonymous (11/19/07 12:08 PM) reply + / -
I've have a MFC-8500 here at work and got an error 77 after removing the fuser to get a huge wad of paper out.

Power cycling didn't work, but hitting Menu,*,9,9 managed to reset the problem.

Thanks!

Re: Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Anonymous (11/20/07 10:10 AM) reply + / -
This works for the MFC-9700 too - We lost power and the machine error 77 came up when the power back on. Followed this procedure and everything worked great...

1) Unplug machine.
3) Release menu key.
4) Enter 91
5) Enter 99
6) Machine will warm up.

Machine Error s 76 and 77 Brother MFC-8500 (9700) by Anonymous (12/17/07 7:25 AM) reply + / -
Laserman thank you so much for your detailed instructions. I tried most of the other instructions listed on this website and got nowhere. I have a MFC 9700 that had errors 76 and 77. When I came across your instructions, I decided to try to fix it one last time. If it didn't work at that point the machine would learn how to fly! Lucky for the MFC it worked.

Thank you again - have a happy holiday, Gymbiatch

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by anonymous (1/4/08 8:26 AM) reply + / -
The same for me on a MFC-9180

1) Unplug machine.

This worked perfectly. I first called in our local store and they said 77 is a fuser error. They invited me to come and change it... No idea what it would have costed.

Thanks a lot everybody!

Machine Error 77 Brother IntelliFAX 4100 by Anonymous (1/4/08 10:43 AM) reply + / -

1. Unplug machine
2. take out toner with drum
3. Plug machine back
4. wait the message "insert toner"
5. insert back in the toner with drum
6. it works now

Re: Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Anonymous (1/4/08 10:54 AM) reply + / -
I have an mcf-6800 with the same error 77.did the steps *2864 and the screen said maint. then went back to error mess.I was almost discouraged and quit but I pushed the 91 anyway and maint. flashed again then went back to error 77 then I hit the 99 and it cycled and was fixed.just do the steps and do not worry what the screen says and it will work fine.THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE TIPS THIS GOOGLE THING IS REALLY GREAT!!!

Machine error 77 Brother MFC-9030 by small (1/8/08 9:12 AM) reply + / -
I use a Brother MFC-9030 and like all of you I get a "error machine 77" after a power outage.

To get back my fax I :
1) Unplug machine.
3) Release menu key.
4) Enter 91
5) Enter 99
6) Machine will warm up.

French version :
J'utilise un fax Brother MFC-9030 et comme vous tous, j'ai obtenu le message d'erreur "erreur machine 77, contactez votre revendeur"
Pour régler le problème :
1) Débrancher le fax
2) Tenir appuyée la touche menu et rebrancher le fax
3) Relacher la touche menu après quelques secondes
4) Entrez 91
5) Entrez 99
6) Le fax reboote tout seul et ca fonctionne!

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8070 by Clair (1/28/08 3:16 AM) reply + / -
We have Brother fax 8070P. Error 77 was coming up.

Switched it on and pressed:

Menu, *, 9, 1
then
Menu, *, 9, 9

and it reset and it works fine now!

Re: Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8070 by Anonymous (1/31/08 6:35 AM) reply + / -
took out the toner & put back in.

Error 77 gone!!!!!

Yeah!!!!
Thanks

Re: Machine Error 6A Brother MFC-8840D by gnondia (2/3/08 11:49 PM) reply + / -
Plz helpwiht this error message "machine error 6A unplug machine, then call brother".i faced with my Brother MFC 8840D printer. waiting..

Re: Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-9700 by Anonymous (2/6/08 9:47 AM) reply + / -
MFC 9700 Error 77 and 76

I have two of 9700 printers.

Both of them had Error 77 and76 respectively following half-power outage overnight.

The procedure worked perfectly on one printer Code 77, that had a document waiting to print.

Tried it on the other one standing by with code 76. After the drum shake out the code changed to 77. Loaded the document to print, nothing. Still Error 77.

I will leave it unplugged for few hours and try again.

Saw that the bluish cylinder in the drum unit had a stripe where it would have contacted the toner. There was a plastic wheel where you could turn the cylinder. I gave it a 1/4 turn, reassembled and re-inserted and voila! No error.>

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-9180 by Shonny (2/11/08 6:33 PM) reply + / -
Well this worked for my Brother MFC-9180:

1) Unplug machine.
3) Release menu key.
4) Enter 99
5) Machine will warm up.
6) Print test page.

Thanks to all those who provided these valuable advice!!!!!!

large thick black line Brother MFC-8500 by gwen76 (2/26/08 8:56 AM) reply + / -
i have a mfc-8500 when i send a fax or make a copy it has this large black line going down the middle of the page.

Any suggestions.

Re: Re: Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-9700 by Anonymous (2/26/08 9:07 AM) reply + / -
Cont. to Anonymous (2/6/08 9:47 AM:

I will leave it unplugged for few hours and try again.>

Still did not work. Finally I swapped the cartidges between the two machines.

Bingo! Both are working better than before.

Re: large thick black line Brother MFC-8500 by Anonymous (2/26/08 10:37 PM) reply + / -
Hi-I don't know the machine, just the symptoms.
Normally tbis is dried tippex on the glass used to read the outgoing document.
If you can locate this, you may be able to use the smallest precision screwdriver you can lay your hands on to clean it off the glass. Don't rush in, be careful... it may be under a paper feed roller.

Re: Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Anonymous (3/4/08 11:04 AM) reply + / -
thanks! I removed and replaced the toner and all seemed to be fine! You saved me a lot of time and money !!

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-9070 by appaulmac (3/6/08 8:32 AM) reply + / -
Solution worked for me too. Unplug, hold down Menu, plug in (still holding Menu down) and totally IGNORE the machine beeping and complaining about Error 77. Just type 91 and shortly after, 99 and it'll reset!

Thanks a bunch guys!

Re: Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Anonymous (3/12/08 2:17 AM) reply + / -
Cannot thank you enough for this advise. You have fixed my machine! I would like to also add:

This also works on a MFC 9180

If after you have pressed function, *,2,8,6,4 and "maintenance" flashes up on the screen and is instantly replaced by the Error 77 message, just continue with 91 then 99.

This worked !

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by kboss (3/12/08 12:00 PM) reply + / -
My machine just gave me this error 77.

So I tried dialing *99 and it reset :)

Now it works!
YAY!

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by timinator (4/3/08 6:33 AM) reply + / -
Not working for me!! On my MFC 8500. It keeps going back to
"PLS OPEN COVER"

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Re: Re: Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Anonymous (4/4/08 4:31 AM) reply + / -
the taking out scanner did not work 4 us

Re: Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-4800 by tomcxp (4/18/08 9:53 AM) reply + / -
Just wanted to thank you for your tips! I tried all the other steps in this thread to no avail then tried your suggestion:
>Menu Button * 9 1 (parameter init), and then Menu Button * 9 9 (Full reset)
That worked like a charm! Now my MFC-6800 is working again good as new.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Re: Re: Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-6800 by Anonymous (5/2/08 8:17 AM) reply + / -
I understand that all Brothers are reset the same way with the *2864, but my 6800 doesn't have a key marked "function". Which key would take the place of a function key? Menu key doesn't work either. HELP

Re: Machine Error 76Brother MFC-8500 by Anonymous (5/21/08 9:31 AM) reply + / -
My machine is saying machine error 76 on a MFC-8500
Any suggestions?????
I tried the ones mentioned for error 77 but they didn't work!
Thanks in advance for your help.

Thank you for your detailed post. by Anonymous (6/15/08 6:37 PM) reply + / -
Thank you so much for your post!
When I turned my printer firt time after a whole week without power, I got Error 77 message. I googled and found your post.
It was very helpfull!
Thank you!

Re: Machine Error 71 Brother MFC-8500 by Anonymous (6/16/08 10:59 AM) reply + / -
I get the error 71 it tells me to unpluge and call brother
Any sugestions

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Marty2 (7/2/08 2:49 PM) reply + / -
A million thanks! I just sucessfully reset my Brother Intellifax after unplugging it, removing the toner, and even cursing at it did not help. You guys are awesome!

Re: Re: Machine Error 71 Brother MFC-8500 by Anonymous (7/3/08 8:13 AM) reply + / -
Try this.......
1. Unplug power cord from rear of machine.
2. Press "menu" key and simultaneously reconnect power cord.
3. Wait a few seconds and enter *91
4. Wait a few more seconds and enter *99
5. Machine will intialize and reset to factory default parameters.

You may have to repeat these steps a couple times before the unit resets.

In my experience Brother units display Error 71 & 77 after a power interruption or surge/spike...its just part of doing business with an otherwise "user friendly" and very reliable family of printers and fax machines.

Please note the reset proceedure may erase some or all user settings...example: date, time, Station ID, phone and fax numbers, etc. Use menu key to re-enter info. If you have questions refer to your owners manual.
Hope this helps,
Frank-ALFA

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Melco (7/23/08 10:27 AM) reply + / -
I received a Machine Error 77 Brother on a MFC-4100e. I called Brother and they had me bring the machine up in maintenance mode and press 31 then 39 the machine seemed to be fixed but now the machine doesn't want to stay connected while sending or receiving faxes. It will pickup and then disconnect or receive some of the pages and cut off, and the same with sending. I have done everything that has been posted on this page and nothing seems to work. I have had the phone company out to check the line, I have changed the jacks and cords and re-punched down the cables in the 66 and 110 blocks. Can someone please help me?

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Tuora (7/24/08 12:48 PM) reply + / -
posted on this page and nothing seems to work.>

-I suspect your computer is infected with virus.

-Is your web browsing affected?
-Is your machine slower then it used to be?

-What is your computer literacy?

In any case, do get Ad-Aware, and the Spy-Bot.
-Perhaps even simpler steps might help, like deleting all your temporary files, and cookies by going to Tools, Internet options, Privacy, etc.

There is a lot to explore there, enough not to be bothered with Nortons, McAffe and all other Panda nuisance.

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Dave R. (8/11/08 8:52 AM) reply + / -
Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! We also had a brief power outage. This fix STILL WORKS!

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by QVVQ (8/21/08 8:51 AM) reply + / -
My MFC 8500 took on a power outage. Now it get through about four pages and it sounds like something just breaks loose and starts spinning very fast. Then it generates and error and has to be reset. Any ideas? Thanks - Dan

Re: Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by zima (10/6/08 8:07 AM) reply + / -
Menu Button * 9 1 (parameter init), and then Menu Button * 9 9 (Full reset).

This helped me for the Brother 4100 Fax Thanks for the free Advice!!!!

Re: Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Anonymous (10/6/08 10:29 AM) reply + / -
Take the drum out, and look at the roll. I may have a slick line the full length of the drum. Rachet the roll to move the line away. Insert the drum and try again. Good luck.

Brother MFC/FAX Service Manuals by IWasSearchingForTrut (12/10/08 8:14 PM) reply + / -
I was delighted to find a complete service manual (including all the machine error codes!) for my 8840D (and many, many other Brother MFC/FAX machines) at http://www.eserviceinfo.com/equipment_mfg/Brother_22.html

The service manuals are in multi-part RAR files... remember to get all of the files before decompressing!

Also, note that service manuals are mystical tomes not originally intended for the uninitiated. Take care that you fully understand what the manual's telling you before you do anything. Fair warning.

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Foxxy (12/15/08 4:20 AM) reply + / -
Thank you so much!!!! I did a parameter reset like Laserman suggested and it worked on my intellifax 4100e.

Brother MFC-8500 detail report for a month by Kait (1/6/09 9:03 AM) reply + / -
Is it possible to get a report that goes back more than 7 days.
We need to prove that we indeed sent something about a month ago otherwise we have to pay 135.00 because we didn't send a usuage report.

I certainly appreciate anyones help in this matter.

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by nivek (1/6/09 10:24 AM) reply + / -
Sorry none that I know of. Thats more of a memory issue. It can only hold so much so it has to delete it periodically. If you fax very little it should still be there just go under reports and print off the activity report otherwise its most likely gone. As always make sure documents like that are noted and print off a confirmation afterwards. Sorry to hear about the situation hard lesson to learn.

Re: Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-4800 by Anonymous (1/7/09 6:14 AM) reply + / -
it worked also for error 6a

Re: Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Anonymous (1/8/09 6:34 AM) reply + / -
Excellent!!

Worked perfectly - thanks for the assist

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Anonymous (1/31/09 6:14 PM) reply + / -
Still having issues with error 76.
It starts as 77 and changes to 76 if i do the '91/99' maintenance trick.

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by nivek (1/31/09 10:00 PM) reply + / -
76 service error = Heater harness disconnected or broken. Or heater thermistor harness disconnected or broken when the power is turned on, the front cover is opened and closed, or the machine exits from the sleep mode.
So if the resets dont work you probably have a blown lamp or the thermistor isnt functioning right. You will probably have to pull it out and test. You can also try (0,1) in service mode which resets the whole machine to factory default be warned though it resets everything like header, speed dial, any special settings you put in. So it is a last resort option.

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-9700 by Anonymous (2/3/09 9:49 AM) reply + / -
I am having the same issues with a 9700 after replacing the fuser.
Suggestion anyone, I have remove and reinstall the fuser same error 76 and 77

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by nivek (2/3/09 10:24 AM) reply + / -
http://www.brothersupport.com/SU_Index/Fax/SU_F1132.pdf
Hope that helps.

Re: Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Anonymous (2/3/09 7:02 PM) reply + / -
Thanks will try that

Re: Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-9700 by Anonymous (2/4/09 8:16 AM) reply + / -
After speaking with the service center I got the fuser from, I was told the (91) service will not reset the error, There is a software availabe to the dealer only that will reset this error so will have to take it to them to reset.
Pitty they didnt tell me this before I wasted so much time on this .

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Anonymous (2/4/09 9:46 AM) reply + / -
Does anyone have the software to do an error 76,77 fuser rest on the MFC 9700. I am getting conflicting info from Brother and some of their dealers.
Is there such a software? availabe to dealer only.
Barri

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by nivek (edited 2/4/09 4:12 PM) reply + / -
I looked around today for info on that and couldn't find anything, skimmed through 4 years of service provider backets. I did find one note for a firmware upgrade for that issue but that was on a different model and series of machines. The only thing that I can think of is that they think you need a firmware upgrade. Typically if that was an issue they would put out a service note for the problem which there is not. The only note on your issue on that model is what I already sent you. I mean you can read above and see all the people who have fixed there machines for this issue to realize that what they are saying is probably not true. About 95% of the time it just needs reset and the other 5 you actually have a problem. They did give you the right voltage fuser I hope? I dont know if you looked to closely but there are a few on here that say they removed the toner/drum and turned it off then back on and the machine asked for the toner/drum so they installed and the machine started working. At this point anything is worth a try. I always do the maintanance mode method menu,*,2,8,6,4 (9,9) and it always works unless the fuser is really the issue. I've never heard of a software fix or the machine hanging in that mode unless it had a physical problem after trying the reset.

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Barri (2/4/09 7:29 PM) reply + / -
Thanks for the Help Either the support or the service center I spoke is totaly screwing with me....
Tried all the above reset method to no avail. I am thinking they sold me a deffective fuser, The service center I got it from said they would charge me $50.00 to reset the printer....
I still want to know what the issue is. Dont trust them at this point.
Machine still showing 77 or 76 and telling me to unplug and call brother.

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-9070 by anonymous (3/22/09 10:24 AM) reply + / -
I got the dreaded error 77 on my MFC-9070. Punching in 99 worked perfectly

Re: Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8600 by Anonymous (3/23/09 1:55 PM) reply + / -
Thanks Lynn

Your procedure cured my Brothers 8600

Harvey

Re: Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Anonymous (3/23/09 2:00 PM) reply + / -
Thanks

This procedure fixed my 8600

Re: Re: Machine Error 77 Brother Intellifax 4100 by Anonymous (3/27/09 5:33 AM) reply + / -
Thank you thank you thank you. I have been looking for two days and found your post. Within 5 minutes my fax is up and running again. Thank you.

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-9700 by Anonymous (4/14/09 5:26 AM) reply + / -
I am using the MFC-9700

Have tried power cycling several times, as well as removing and replacing toner several times.
at last, I press the Menu buttons, it seems that do nothing but cause long beeps.it still display the error code 77.
but dont worry about it. please press 91 then 99.

The printer will be reinitialized and be OK! Thanks the forums!
Thanks all of you :)

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-9700 by Anonymous (4/14/09 5:31 AM) reply + / -
I am using the MFC-9700

at last, I press the Menu buttons, it seems that do nothing but cause long beeps.it still display the error code 77.
but dont worry about it. please press 91 then 99.

The printer will be reinitialized and be OK! Thanks the forums!
Thanks all of you :)

Re: Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-9700 by Anonymous (4/14/09 5:45 AM) reply + / -
explain more clearly
at last, I just press the menu button till the machine is up, the LCD screen still display to unplug and call brother center, all the things look like nothing happened.
but now press 91, it will be reinitialized and then press 99 to quit maitenance mode.
your 9700 will be OK :)

Oliver Wang

Machine Error 6E Brother MFC-8440 by Anonymous (7/11/09 9:23 AM) reply + / -
I have Machine Error 6E Brother MFC-8440
What can I do for this error

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Anonymous (7/18/09 3:41 PM) reply + / -
great tips
I have MFC 4800 , error 77
"menu * 28 99"
It's gone.

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Anonymous (7/30/09 5:42 PM) reply + / -
remove ink toner closed door waited the put cart. back in and error 77 was no longer there printer worked fine

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by mikey87654 (8/13/09 2:05 PM) reply + / -
Same code 77 with Intellifax 4100. Menu - # - 99 fixed it. Thanks!

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Anonymous (8/24/09 7:38 AM) reply + / -
Thank you all for making my Monday significantly less crappy. I love the internet.

Re: Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Anonymous (9/18/09 4:22 AM) reply + / -
At MFC 9070 powering off and on and replacing cartridge or toner didnt work for me, so I turned off the printer for 15 min.
Then I pressed and holded MENU and 91 do do a parameter reset and then 99 to exit maintenance mode. Thank you for hints.

Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-9800 by johncown (10/20/09 1:18 PM) reply + / -
I, too, was faced with the dreaded error message. Thanx to Frank-ALFA in July, 2008 for this fix:

Worked like a charm, and saved me many $$$'s by not having to take it in to a shop.

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by billcc (10/27/09 12:21 PM) reply + / -
brother mfc 8840d 71 machone error 71

Re: Machine Error 71 Brother MFC-8840D by johncown (10/27/09 1:21 PM) reply + / -
Did you try the fix suggested by "Anonymous" on July 3, 2008?

Re: Re: Machine Error 71 Brother MFC-8840D by Anonymous (11/30/09 2:34 PM) reply + / -
The response from July 3 2008 worked for me (Intellifax 4100) but is a little tricky in that you have to HOLD down the menu button each time you are about to enter 91 and then 98. I had a power outage a few days ago (11/25/2009) which is probably why I got the message in the first place. Just taking out the toner did not do the trick.

Re: Error - Maintenance 7 Brother MFC-8840D by Anonymous (1/3/10 4:06 PM) reply + / -
I had a maintanace 7 Error and tried unplugging the machine, pulling out the toner and then turning the machine on and put the toner back in after I was prompted to do so. I still got the error message. I tried to do it 10 or more times and then I noticed that my menu button was stuck. I fooled with it and got it unstuck. I tried unplugging the machine. Pulling out the toner and then turning it on. Put the toner back in when prompted and the error was now gone!

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother 8070P by Anonymous (1/14/10 9:32 AM) reply + / -
Hi, I have tried putting in a new toner and resetting the fax but i am still getting the error 77 showing up. Can anyone help?

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by ryan b (1/18/10 3:06 PM) reply + / -
This indeed worked like a charm for the 4800:

1) Unplug machine.

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by anonymous (1/19/10 1:21 AM) reply + / -
Hi Ryan B,

Many thanks for your help, tried what you said but it then gave me error 76. Thanks for message anyway. Martina.

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Anonymous (1/19/10 5:54 AM) reply + / -
To make the equipment enter the maintenance mode, press the Menu, *, 2, 8, 6, and 4 keys in this order. Press 9,9 usually resets or 9,1 and 0,1. 0,1 resets the whole machine to default so all settings will be lost. If problem continues after all that then you have a fuser problem and it will have to be taken out to see whats going on with it.

Re: Machine Error 71 Brother MFC-4100 by moe (1/19/10 4:39 PM) reply + / -
Fixed the error the first time with the reset procedure. Then it started getting noisy and wouldn't reset. Error 71 is a scanner motor rotational speed error. So, somewhat reluctantly, I disassembled the printer by feel(who needs a manual!), opened the scanner assy. and took out the motor board. There is a black latch on the board holding the motor from lifting. You pivot the latch and lift up the mirror motor assy. off the board. Try not to get your fingerprints all over the mirrors. Then apply one drop of synthetic lubricant into the hole and reinstall the motor. Now it runs quiet and the 71 error is gone.

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Anonymous (1/25/10 11:12 PM) reply + / -
machine error 50 brother dcp130c

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-9070 by miriam cordal (2/26/10 2:38 AM) reply + / -
Thank you for your comments. I did not know how to enter the maintenance mode, but at least I got the idea from you that "Genera error 77" could be just a problem of reseting the printer.
I entered the web http://solutions.brother.com. You choose your country.
They offer a free technichal support telephone.
They guide you and in five minutes the printer is repaired

Thanks again
Miriam

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500: My error 6A by ruchir (3/2/10 7:05 PM) reply + / -
I had an error code 6A because in my infinite wisdom I plugged in the DCP-8020 I got from a neighbor into a battery back-up machine. What I did is similar to giving the printer an incorrect amount of voltage or if you have a blackout. I sent Brother an email regarding the issue after making several futile attempts to try and reset the printer because it seemed as if nothing burnt and the error could be fixed by flipping something like a "trip" switch or similar. I was thinking correctly but the solution was even simpler.

I found the solution in this blog and it is *99 if followed correctly. The following are the steps. Please do not waster your time contacting Brother especially if you've had the printer for more than a year or if, like me, you got it from someone. I had almost kicked my own ass for screwing up a perfectly working laser printer which I did print about 50 pages with before the error as a result of my curious mind. Make sure you read all the steps carefully and try and have someone else assist you.

1. Turn off and unplug printer

2. Press the "Menu" key down, then while holding down the "Menu" key, turn the printer on

3. DO NOT release the "Menu" key until you see the message on the printer LCD "Please wait"

4. As soon as you see "Please wait", release the "Menu" key and press *, then 9, then 9 again.

5. The screen should go blank and all you need to do now and sit back and smile as the flashing "red" or "amber" light would turn to a "green" light.

If you do not see the printer reset, you probably didn't press * key on time. Try again. Good luck !

Re: Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Anonymous (3/19/10 9:20 AM) reply + / -
Thanks! This corrective action worked for my 4100e.

Re: Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Anonymous (5/8/10 10:13 PM) reply + / -
I work for brother... and none of you guys are writing this stuff down right. Just call us and you'll be done fast.

Re: Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Anonymous (6/3/10 3:57 AM) reply + / -
This process worked for MFC 4800..... Thanks!

Machine Error 78 Brother MFC-8440 by Redge (6/22/10 3:00 PM) reply + / -
* 9 1 then * 9 9 cleared out the Machine Error # 78 message that appeared on our printer after attempting to clean the drum.

Thank you everyone - this solution worked!

Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-9660 by Arjen (7/12/10 11:34 PM) reply + / -
Same problem over here with our MFC 9660:

Turning power of, back on and holding menu button, then 91 then 99 cleared out the Machine Error # 77 message

Re: Re: Machine Error 77 Brother DCP-1000 by Larry Ablin (9/18/10 10:54 PM) reply + / -
I tried what was posted in previous note and it worked as follows.

1) Unplug machine.
3) Release menu key.
4) Enter 91
5) Enter 99
6) Machine will warm up.

Re: Re: Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Master123 (11/9/10 12:35 PM) reply + / -
Hello,

My name is Ed and I have a brother 4100e. As soon as I turn it on it will say please wait then it will go right into printer Jam. There is no paper in the machine to jam. I have tried to reset in the Maintenance mode 91 then 99. Tried removing cartridge and everything else. Cant get this message to go away. It went away once then came back. Is there any sensors that might me bad? Thanks. My# is 410-414-3282

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Sweetmouse (11/17/10 6:35 PM) reply + / -
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!! Power went out! I took out the toner and put it back in and it is back online. I love the internet. Thanks for this posting site.

Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by MVG (2/5/11 11:19 AM) reply + / -
my machine keeps on scrolling and wouldn't stop, i want trying to copy something and the paper jammed since then i haven't been able to use the scanner. all it does it when i turn it on, it scrolls and after its says check document. i try to check the censer and still the problem accords

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Erkme73 (6/7/11 1:03 AM) reply + / -
Wow is this the thread that keeps on giving!

Just wanted to report that my MFC-8860DN suddenly locked up during a scan job. While the printer still worked, the buttons on the front were completely unresponsive. I sent an email to Brother asking if there was a way to do a factory reset.

Haven't heard anything back, but found this site in the interim. I held the menu on power up, got into maintenance, did the 91 reset, and 99 to exit - walla! Everything works like new.

Thanks to all those who've posted their suggestions...

Re: Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by jcargal (10/24/11 12:25 PM) reply + / -
I used this information to fix a MFC-8220 that I purchased for my organization at a bargain and I'm trying my best to crutch it along. The param_reset outlined in your post worked very well...thanks!

Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-9070 by MicRum (6/5/13 7:23 AM) reply + / -
MFC9070:

1) Unplug machine
2) Hold down Menu key. Plug in machine
3) Release Menu key
4) Enter 91
5) Enter 99

worked for me too. thank you guys!

Re: Machine Error 77 Brother MFC-8500 by Renaud (1/12/14 12:19 PM) reply + / -
I am not a techy but am glad that those of you on this post who are, thank you for your help.

Got an MFC 4800 that went down during a power outage and error 77 came up next time i tried to use the printer.

Unplug and re-plug either after 10 secs or 15 minutes did not work.
Remove toner cartrige didn't work either.

Turned it on cursed at it then hit * key, maintenance showed up on display, then enter 91, waited a few seconds then hit 99.

Worked.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters