fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Minolta Magicolor 2300

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Minolta Magicolor 2300 by SGbob (12/9/04 2:17 PM) reply+7 + / -
Does anyone know how to reset the cartridge on Konica Minolta-QMS 2300.

Thank you!

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by SGbob (12/9/04 2:54 PM) reply + / -
Please HELP !!!

maybe a link or two

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by Anonymous (12/9/04 4:27 PM) reply+1 + / -
Have you tried Minolta's website? Call their technical support?

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by future.child (12/9/04 10:46 PM) reply + / -
there is no menu option to reset the cartrige.
If you take a look at the cartrige a look at the cartrige there should be s small metal tab sticking out, if you move this tab back into the cartrige the printer thinks it's new.
have a look at the following link (in german)
"www.express"

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by sgbob (12/10/04 3:09 AM) reply + / -
Thanks a lot; the link was great

Again - Thank You.

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by Anonymous (9/1/05 8:43 AM) reply + / -
how do you reset the drum?
I put in a new drum but I still get drum message.

Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by Anonymous (11/2/05 5:33 AM) reply + / -
dOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO RESET THE CARTRIDGE ON THE MINOLTA QMS DESKLASER 2200? i PUT A REFURB CARTRIDGE IN IT AND IT STILL SHOWS EMPTY

Re: Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by Anonymous (11/2/05 9:22 AM) reply + / -
Jeez, I don't know if we can help you. You don't seem to be able to comprehend the function of the CAPS LOCK key. If the CAPS LOCK light is on, you get all CAPS. Light off, all lower case. You seem to have it backward. You also don't seem to be able to read as it was explained just above where you posted.

Re: Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by Anonymous (11/18/05 2:30 AM) reply + / -
When you replace the drum you also need to replace the 80Ma fuse which is under the large contacts on the bottom. You need to CAREFULLY prise off the smaller contact then push the fuse out.

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by www.thecoffeeshop.co (5/9/06 1:27 AM) reply + / -
Just wanted to say thanks for the info, it has proven very usefull and saved me a few £ too!

Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by Lynn Voyles (edited 6/23/06 7:02 AM) reply+1 + / -
To reset cartridge to read full. Also check out this link. Step 1 and Step 2 explain how to get to the new cartridge sensor and do the reset. Just remesh the gears on the small black plastic sensor with the white gear. Be carefull on reassembly to ensure the tab on the black sensor is properly fitted into its end cap slot. During or after reassembly, do not turn any gear after the two set of gears are properly meshed. Otherwise, the cartridge will not register as new upon installation.

http://www.futuregraphicsllc.com/lit/tg/minolta_2300_dl.pdf

This also works with the Epson Aculaser C900/1900 cartridges. Same cartridges.

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by pkelectronics (6/29/06 12:56 PM) reply + / -
Lynn whilst what you posted about the minolta cartridges is correct, it isn't correct to say that they are the same cartridges in the epson C900/1900. With these cartridges you have to change a fuse to force the printer to thinking it has been fitted with new ones.

Paul

Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by Anonymous (6/30/06 2:14 AM) reply + / -
Sorry Paul, The Epson C900/1900 cartridges have NO fuses. A fuse is used to reset the drum unit - not the cartridges.

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by Andy C (7/3/06 5:25 AM) reply + / -
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! hOW tOUCHY aRE yOU??? tHIS cAPS lOCK tHing Is a nIGHTMARE tO wORK oUT aSWELL,tHINK i'VE sORTED It nOW tHOUGH!

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by pkelectronics (7/8/06 2:55 AM) reply-1 + / -
Sorry Lynn, you and "anonymous" are correct about the c900 cartridges being the same as the magicolor 2300, I was thinking of the Epson c1000 as having a fuse that needs to be 'seen' before the printer will accept it as being a new cartridge,drum or t/f belt.

Paul

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300DL by CRT (8/18/06 11:51 AM) reply+1 + / -
I have two Magicolor 2300DL,
First after cleaning works fine. The second gives message Replace toner. I switch toners & they work fine on working printer & still get message to replace toner on second printer.
Anyone knows re: this problem?

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by Anonymous (9/14/06 5:34 PM) reply+4 + / -
Does anyone know how to reset the drum cartridge so it doesn't read, drum cartridge end of life?

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by mich (9/27/06 4:16 AM) reply+1 + / -
Hi, i got a big problem. An alert says me to change the Black toner, but the Printer sub-menus are disabled, so i can't change the toner ! I re-installed the drivers but the problem still occurs. Any idea to force the toner replacement ??

Re: Epson aculaser c1900 by dhanaraj (10/10/06 9:07 PM) reply + / -
epson aculaser having problem out print on folding after 3 inches

Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by Anonymous (10/17/06 7:36 AM) reply + / -
There is a small hole left from cartrige, just pull a small screwdriver or something in it and turn cartridge carousel manually! :)

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by Anonymous (10/18/06 9:51 PM) reply + / -
My 2300 was telling me that it ran out of black toner for months, but it seems it is still running strong, so should I change my black toner at all? This is still the same toner that comes with the machine. When it ran out of black toner, will it uses other color to 'create' the black color? is that why I am still able to print?

Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by Silvio59 (11/20/06 8:33 AM) reply + / -
I had too the same out of black toner message for about six months, and prints were correct; but when toner really finishs you have suddenly empty sheets..Bye

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by taije (12/10/06 12:37 PM) reply + / -
when the black toner is empty the machine will still print black using the cmy toners. This is an expensive way to print in black and I suggest you go get more black toner so as not to use up your others quickly.

Minolta Magicolor 2300 Transfer Roller Jam error by jlapolla (12/27/06 7:37 AM) reply+5 + / -
I recently changed the fuse on the drum unit of my 2300 DL to get rid of the "End of Drum Life" message. Now I have two NEW issues.
1) Most of the time, it starts feeding paper, then shuts down with a "Transfer Roller Jam" error.
2) On rare occasions, it actually completes a print cycle, (printing a Demo page), and a second sheet of paper feeds half way through the printer and it stops there.

Is there some type of timing mark to sync the Drum to the rest of the printer? Any other suggestions?

Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by fsm (3/27/07 6:59 AM) reply + / -
How did you fit your new drum?

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by Preacher (4/7/07 6:40 AM) reply + / -
I purchased a new drum, not the whole unit, just the drum and reinstalled it in my 2300. Now half of the page has streaks in the printing. I contacted the company where I purchased the drum. They suggested I might need a new wiper blade. However, they did not carry this part and did not know where to find it. Installation was very easy and every thing else works fine, what do I do?

P.S. If I need new parts where is the best place with best price to purchase parts? Thanks for any help you might give.

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by sue o (4/7/07 8:47 AM) reply + / -
I do not believe that anyone offers a replacement drum cleaning blade. I searched high and low and could not find one. I ended up ordering the entire drum unit. I have been remanufacturing cartridges since 1989 so I have access to many more suppliers than you would normally find, but, if anyone finds a replacement drum blade please post.

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by Preacher (4/8/07 7:10 PM) reply+1 + / -
Does anyone know the cheapest place to buy a drum for a minolta 2300? Is there an aftermarket drum at a much reduce Price?

Thanks for any possible help.

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by Photo Pro (5/7/07 12:53 PM) reply+1 + / -
Does anyone know how to get to the roller that could have a label stuck to it. It prints on everything that prints and we have torn the machine apart and cannot locate it. Any help?

Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by Anonymous (5/9/07 8:43 AM) reply + / -
Hi there Sue,

I was trying to find new wiper blades for my epson c900/same as minolta 2300 ~ having realised that they may be the cause of my streaky prints, when I came accross the company below. It looks as if they do new wiper blades, but it also looks as if they only deal with the trade, and in view of the fact that I only need a few, they won't sell to me direct.

But if you are in the trade yourself, it might be of interest to you. And if by any chance you do at some point manage to get any, please let me know, and I will gladly buy mine from you!

Kind regards

Sundo

Static Control Components ( UK ) Limited
Unit 30, Worton Drive
Reading * Berkshire RG2 0TG * United Kingdom
Tel: + 44 (0) 118 923 8800 *
Fax: + 44 (0) 118 923 8811
Internet: http://www.scceurope.co.uk/
e-mail: info@scceurope.co.uk

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by bad printer (5/23/07 5:13 PM) reply+1 + / -
After changing the black ink cartridge, a error 17h message appear. Now it's stuck between the yellow and pink ink cartridge. How can I correct this problem?

Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by Anonymous (6/11/07 2:48 AM) reply+1 + / -
Sticky labels usually finish up on the transfer belt, which is easily accessible. Open the printer door, remove the waste toner bin, raise the big blue lever to de-tension the belt, carefully pull the drum out (squeeze the underside of the handle under the big blue lever, and pull gently). Now look for 2 chrome knurled knobs with screwdriver slots in the end - one at upper left, the other middle right. Unscrew them (they are semi-captive, so shouldn't come fully out), and carefully pull out the whole transfer belt assembly. It has a handle on the top to make things easier. The surface is delicate, so be v careful! You can rotate the belt using the gear wheel at one end of the roller, and look for the label. The back plate can also be removed to make the search easier - just remove the cross-head screws. I clean residual glue off using alcohol (methylated spirit in the UK) and a soft cloth. Dry thoroughly.
When replacing the transfer belt assembly in the printer, hold it by the top handle, tilt it up slightly at your end, and slide the bent-up end of the guide rail (on the top of the assembly) on to the rail in the printer. Push home, tighten knurled knobs, make sure blue lever is UP, slide drum carefully back in, lower big blue lever, replace waste toner bin, shut door. Good luck!

Re: Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by Anonymous (6/11/07 2:50 AM) reply + / -
Sorry - some mistake! My reply was to Photo Pro.

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by gmgdevaux (6/13/07 8:53 AM) reply + / -
The left margin on anything I print is wider than it should be blanking out the first letter of each line. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by Anonymous (6/14/07 4:40 AM) reply + / -
my thanks to you future_child followed your direction using the link to the german page worked great if any one else uses this link they can use babal free translation page found here
http://babelfish.altavista.com/
again thank you

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by Landreth11 (6/19/07 3:43 PM) reply+5 + / -
Hi, I have a Minolta Magicolor 2300

My error message is MEDIA JAM TRANSFER ROLLER
There is no paper on the rollers or inside the machine at all. The prints that are coming out are printing lower on the paper and the end of the paper doesn't completely come out without a tug. Please help

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by christpr (7/2/07 11:59 PM) reply + / -
After my printer sits for awhile I will try to print to it and get a Media jam warning. I've called support and they told me to press down on the media tray. This corrects the problem temporarily but it returns after the printer sits for awhile.

Has anyone else had this problem and have you been able to fix it permanently?

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by jwronson (7/13/07 10:23 AM) reply+1 + / -
I have had the same problem. The print (very light) starts lower on the page than it should, and I have to "tug" on it to get it out of the rollers - although it is about 90% out.

Seems like a start sensor or something that isn't calibrated correctly. How it got off in the first place, who knows?

I would appreciate any help in getting this problem solved too.

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by ones (7/15/07 4:07 AM) reply+3 + / -
hi I have a magicolor 2300 but it is folding the paper,three or four folds about 75mm into the page. I have stripped it out and cleaned the rollers with distilled water and a cloth and put it back together but it hasnt made a difference. is there a fix for this or a kit I could buy that would help me get over this problem

Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by Anonymous (8/6/07 10:31 AM) reply+1 + / -
What did people answer for you to do?

Hi, I have a Minolta Magicolor 2300

There is no paper on the rollers or inside the machine at all. The prints that are coming out are printing lower on the paper and the end of the paper doesn't completely come out without a tug. Please help

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 EMPTYING WASTE??? by Anonymous (8/10/07 11:01 AM) reply + / -
Anyone know what is the proper way to empty the waste container?

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by Anonymous (8/11/07 2:34 PM) reply + / -
ring the department of environmental control. they will tell you where to dispose them "properly" :)

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by Instructor (8/13/07 4:12 PM) reply + / -
There is a drum reset kit for about $20 (with shipping) listed on the Blujay.com site (search for Minolta 2300 drum reset). It consists of a small fuse (about $1 in bulk) and a manual that shows how to install it. Obviously, the value of this 'kit' is not in the fuse, but in the instructions.

Re: waste container by Instructor (8/13/07 4:14 PM) reply + / -
To empty the waste container, I just take it outside to my trash bin, and dump it out. I don't think the dust is toxic, but I take some care not to breathe any of it, or get it on my clothes.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by papamartin (9/12/07 11:42 AM) reply + / -
vielen, vielen DANK !!!!!
Gruß, papa

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by Anonymous (9/13/07 2:39 AM) reply + / -
violent, violent dunk!!!!
gruBBy father

what kind of preacher are you?

Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by Anonymous (12/18/07 4:34 AM) reply + / -
Do you know if these 80mA drum fuses are available through Bussman, or Littlefuse? My time is coming and I just wanted to be ready.

TIA

Re: Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by Anonymous (12/18/07 10:46 AM) reply + / -
Got mine from maplin electronics in the UK, pack of ten for about £1 (50 cents!)

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by JV1919 (12/18/07 12:19 PM) reply + / -
My problem is this:
My wife put some stickers through our Minolta magicolor 2300 and 5 of them peeled off inside the machine. I was able to get 4 of them off the various rollers from simply opening up the back part and sifting through the rollers with tweezers.

It seems there is one stuck deep inside somewhere I can't find?!?!

I tried taking apart the unit (lots of screws...that thing is really bolted down) and didn't find any access into the inner rollers....are there inner rollers besides the color/toner cartidges?

I tried just printing 20 blank pages and after the 12th page or so it seemed to clear up 95%, but now the wife is informing me it is streaky again.

Any suggestions? Is there a "deep cleaning" cycle like they have for inkjets?

Thanks in advacne.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by Anonymous (12/18/07 4:58 PM) reply + / -
Appreciate it.

By the time they get here the price would be through the roof. I may drop them a note and see if they are a 'common' item, or at least get some dimensions so I can cross them. I kinda work in the electronics industry, so I should be able to find them here.

Thanks again.

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by Nava (5/26/08 12:54 AM) reply+6 + / -
When printing, my 2300W does the following:

The printer leaves a large margin at the top of the page, and then reports a "paper jam at transfer roller" error.

Most of the page has come out into the output bin but the rollers stop moving with approx 1 inch still left inside.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by erosol (7/11/08 5:12 PM) reply + / -
How can I remove the black plug without damage to refill the toner? Thanks

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by NickyG (8/14/08 8:24 AM) reply + / -
Does anyone know where to buy a 80ma (milliamp or .08 amp) miniature 'F" glass fuse for a Minolta Magicolor 2300
Nick

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by DHCC (10/10/08 2:45 AM) reply + / -
When printing the printed page has ~ 1 inch fold about 3 inches below top of page. Is this a transfer roller issue or ?

Thank you for your imput in advance.

Re: Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by indeks (10/13/08 10:27 AM) reply + / -
minolta 2200/epson aculaser c1000/2000 cartridges have reset fuse(as i remember 80ma 250V glass fuse-under the two metal legs)

Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by Anonymous (10/15/08 2:15 PM) reply + / -
Hi Nava,

I have the exact same problem. Did you eventually resolved the problem? If so, please let me know what to do.

Thanks.

Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 - paper folds by Anonymous (10/25/08 9:20 AM) reply + / -
I have the same problem with the page coming out folded at times. Does anyone know of a fix for this?

By the way, Radio Shack has fuses that will reset the imaging drum - part # 270-1048 (3/4 amp 250 volt 5 x 20 mm). Works fine and isn't difficult to replace.

Minolta Magicolor 2300 toner chip resetter by Anonymous (11/27/08 9:25 PM) reply + / -
Minolta Magicolor 2300 toner chip resetter

http://www.w109.com

http://www.w109.com/2008/en/class.asp?lx=small&anid=62&nid=623&Page=2

toner chip resetter drum chip resetter

reset toner/drum chips Very easy , Significant cost savings ,Protecting the environment,

RESET,RESETTER,RESETTING,CHIP,CHIPS,TONER CHIP,DRUM CHIP,TONG CHIP RESET,
TONER CHIP RESETTER,TONER CHIP RESETTING,DRUM CHIP RESET,DRUM CHIP RESETTER,
DRUM CHIP RESETTING,PRINT,PRINTER,INK,MINALTA,

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by Anonymous (12/8/08 8:41 PM) reply + / -
We just replaced the ink cartridges in our Minolta Magicolor 2300. It reads that they are full now, but when we try to print the page comes out blank. Any ideas as to why?

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by mechanics200 (12/11/08 9:16 AM) reply + / -
I have a model 2300w printer with two problems. The first problem involves the 8.5x11 inch paper not fully ejecting at the top after printing. The last inch or so remains and causes a paper jam error message. I used the printer selection options to change to a different size sheet only 10 inches long and the paper printed fine but did not fully eject but with no paper jam error message. The second problem is the presence of black smudges about two inches from the bottom of the sheet.

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by DGE (3/2/09 8:16 AM) reply + / -
Help! When printing i get a ink smudge on the left hand side of the page - usually black but sometimes with a hint of yellow. I spoke to the help desk and have cleaned the laser (it was a little dirty)and it seemed that it was correcting itself but has now started smudging again - usually every few pages. Any ideas?

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by Tehno-Challenged (3/5/09 7:25 PM) reply + / -
I'm getting paper jams where the paper is folded like an accordian. Anyone have a fix for this?

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by Tehno-Challenged (3/5/09 7:28 PM) reply+3 + / -
I'm getting paper jams where the paper is folded like an accordian. Anyone have a fix for this?

Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by Anonymous (3/6/09 7:26 AM) reply+1 + / -
techno challenge please email me your answer as i cant get to see it on here!!!!

Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by Anonymous (3/17/09 12:27 PM) reply + / -
Did you ever get a resoloution to this problem. I have the same exact problem and cannot determine what is wrong.
Thanks Marc

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by Marc11 (3/17/09 12:31 PM) reply + / -
Hi, I have a Minolta Magicolor 2300. I recently replaced the drum and since then every time I attempt to print I get the following message

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 transfer roller by Davidkim (4/30/09 6:05 AM) reply + / -

Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 transfer roller by healthup (4/30/09 9:57 AM) reply + / -
There are six solenoids in 2300W, a L shape's metal will became sticky makes the release time a little bit of early or later, and causes paper jam.
All you have to do is to clean all the material between every two metals and put a strip of electric tape instead.
You need a service manual and not an easy job to go still!

Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by healthup (4/30/09 10:01 AM) reply + / -
There are six solenoids in 2300W, a L shape's metal will became sticky makes the release time a little bit of early or later, and causes paper jam.
All you have to do is to clean all the material between every two metals and put a strip of electric tape instead.

Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by healthup (4/30/09 10:04 AM) reply + / -

Re: Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by IcartM (8/25/09 5:34 PM) reply + / -
This tip saved me from either having to get my printer fixed or having to buy a new one. Thanks!

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by ShawnP (9/10/09 8:56 AM) reply + / -
Does anyone know why my 2300 DL runs out of all toners at the same time? I just ran out of Cyan, but when I check the display, I need to replace all 3 colors and black. How is this possible? I was recently printing a document with a lot of blue. I'm also pretty sure the last time I had to replace all colors at once. Are the others really out? Thanks.

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by pardonne (9/21/09 2:12 AM) reply + / -
Hello,

I'm having a problem with my 2300W printer. Every paper that comes out has a nasty black smer all over the paper. I cleaned every part of the printer but it's still there. I replaced the toners, same result.

Could it be the drum (the green unit) or maybe the transfer belt, (by that i mean the big unit with the black roll)..

Hopefully somebody can help me fix this problem!

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by vhlewisii (12/7/09 2:43 PM) reply + / -
I have a 2300DL which is giving a Size Mismatch error on the display. I'm assuming this is the Black Toner or the Cyan toner issue as they both were set to be High Capacity at one time. Now however, they are regular carts. I've changed the Cyan, but do not have a option to change the black cartridge size.

Of course, I could be completely off base...

The other thing it does is if you print a page, it does not output any black and the colors are very low and streaked - not complete images by any means. They are also LOW on the page to start. ie a US letter page starts about 1/4 of the way down before printing begins.

Drum kit is low 4% remaining if that matters. All carts except Yellow are 76% plus. Yellow is 14% remaining

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

Hugh Lewis
mckayhousebnb@yahoo.com
800.468.2627 US

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by healthup (12/7/09 5:16 PM) reply+2 + / -
It's caused by the so called solnoid (clutch).
The glue between two matels (one of them is L type) becomes too sticky and causes timing control incorrectly and causes paper jammed.
They cause most of the problems of Minolta Magicolor 2300DL/W/2350...... & Epson AcuLaser 900/1900/2000/1000......., jammed and improper printout.
Just clean up all the glue and put a thin electric tape instead and all will be done.

There're six solnoid (clutch) to be taken care off.

Three of them can cause 6020 error - Secondary transfer roller
pressing/separation error.
This can cause print too low (paper's top head too much blank area).
--- SL5 Second Transfer Roller Pressure Solenoid
--- SL3 Timing Roller Pressure Solenoid
--- SL2 Transport Roller Solenoid

One of them causes paper folder (about 3cm blank area) and jamed tail.
--- SL6 Fuser Loop Flapper Solenoid

Toner Cartridge Rack rotates control.
--- SL4 Cleaner Pressure Flapper Solenoid

Another one is at the bottom of paper input tray ,can cause paper input timing wrongly and jamed.
--- SL1 MP Tray Paper Feed Solenoid

Not an easy job to do even if you have the service manual.
Good luck!

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by vhlewisii (12/8/09 1:21 PM) reply + / -
I have a 2300DL which is giving a Size Mismatch error on the display. I'm assuming this is the Black Toner or the Cyan toner issue as they both were set to be High Capacity at one time. Now however, they are regular carts. I've changed the Cyan, but do not have a option to change the black cartridge size.

The other thing it does is if you print a page, it does not output any black and the colors are very low and streaked - not complete images by any means. They are also LOW on the page to start. ie a US letter page starts about 1/4 of the way down before printing begins.

Drum kit is low 4% remaining if that matters. All carts except Yellow are 76% plus. Yellow is 14% remaining

Hugh Lewis
mckayhousebnb@yahoo.com
800.468.2627 US

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by vhlewisii (12/8/09 1:24 PM) reply + / -

Hugh Lewis
mckayhousebnb@yahoo.com
800.468.2627 US

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by vhlewisii (12/8/09 2:39 PM) reply + / -
Sorry for the duplicates, there's some type of Proxy server error I was getting...

Thanks for the tips...maybe I'll just buy a new printer... My neighbor has a 2300DL too, so she can use the carts I just bought...

Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by healthup (12/8/09 5:02 PM) reply + / -
Just take a look at what i post above yours.

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by healthup (12/7/09 5:16 PM)

That's explained all your problems.

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by vhlewisii (12/9/09 7:52 PM) reply + / -
Yes it did. Thank you very much. I think I'll just replace the printer instead of trying to take it apart to repair... So, if anyone needs parts...

Re: Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by Anonymous (12/19/09 5:00 AM) reply + / -
Thanks for your advice.

I diassambled to complete printer and I found the solenoids, but not sure what to do now. You are saying something about glue. I can't found some glue only some foam? at the back of the L shape. did you mean this contact or the cantact between l shape and the coil.

Thanks

Re: Re: Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by healthup (12/19/09 8:59 AM) reply + / -
Yes, the foam at the back of the L shape. It becames a little bit of too sticky with the L shape arm, so it can't match the exact timing to leave each other so as to make many problems.
Just clean all of the foam up and replace with a thin electric tape instead then problems solved.............
There are five of them in total.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by Anonymous (12/20/09 3:40 AM) reply + / -
Healthup, Thanks for your fast reply

I removed the foam of all of them and replaced it with some tape like you advised, but I still have the same problems.

BW prints ok but the print out is shifted (white border at the top).

I get an almost white paper for color prints. The text is clearly visible on the transfer tape and roller but not on the paper. I also get a paper jam when the page is ejected for +/-80%.

Any other ideas i could try.

Thanks

Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by Anonymous (12/23/09 1:28 AM) reply + / -
I would like some of the parts you have, in order to try and fix mine. Get in touch,
Happy Holidays!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by healthup (12/23/09 3:10 AM) reply + / -
I think you might be miss something left.
There're six of them must be clear up altogether.

There's one behind the DC control Board -- This one can cure youe problem.

Another one is behind the Formatter Board (next to DC control Board) where you connect usb cable. It controls the Rock motor.

There're three in the 2nd transfer roller, this is the hardest one to get to.

The last one is under the bottom that controls paper input.

It's not an easy job to get all the job done.

Re: Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by Anonymous (1/4/10 3:43 AM) reply + / -
Can't find the hole. Where exactly is it and how do I turn the carousel? Thanks.

Re: Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by vhlewisii (1/4/10 6:32 AM) reply + / -
You can contact me directly via email with address, etc., and I'll get it ready to ship. You pay shipping.

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by Chris34jm (1/18/10 7:36 AM) reply + / -
I've just changed the black toner & I've now got an error message:- Service Call: 17H. Does anyone know how to fix it? Many thanks for any help

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by jcevans (6/2/10 6:35 PM) reply + / -
My 2300DL no longer prints in color. Even the demo page just comes out in B&W. Printing a page with color text, the red just is blank. The last time it printed in color was just before i replaced the black cartridge. I have now replaced all the toner cartridges and the drum. I spoke with Minolta and they thought it might be the main board. I came across a couple of used 2300DL, that printed wierd (sort of smudged), so i bought both for $75, total (figured the consumables were worth that). I switched both boards. Still no color. I have been dinking with this for 9 or 10 months and really want to make it work. I have a stock of supplies, do i do not want to buy another printer. Is there some setting i might have set? How do i reset everything, not just the user reset? Any Ideas?

Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by lescort (6/21/10 6:23 PM) reply + / -
am working in this problem with two magicolor 2300w , and i assume this is a high voltaje supply problem to the transfer roller system.
the dificult part is to take off the whole transport assembly,
i did it and saw the problem in the metal conector who connect the transfer roller supply to the power supply.
if you want i can send you a pair of photos

bye.
carlos ortega

Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by lescort (6/21/10 6:28 PM) reply + / -
what kind of error is showing, "transfer roller jam" ? or....

Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by lescort (6/21/10 6:35 PM) reply + / -
i wrote the solution to the user up did you see it? or if you want i try write again, bye carlos

Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by lescort (6/21/10 6:40 PM) reply + / -
its a transfer roller high voltaje supply problem
take of the trasport roller system

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by lescort (6/21/10 6:47 PM) reply + / -
transfer roller high voltaje problem, the contacs tabs are dirty, you nedd to take off the whole transport roller system and clean the tabs
dudes<'

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by healingcat (10/1/10 1:30 AM) reply + / -
my 2300w prints fine but leaves a large margin at the top of the page, it is hard to tell from reading all of the posts which answer pertains to this problem, can you address the post to me (healingcat) did you figure out what causes this? doug

here is a scan picture of a test page printout

www.worldwealth.com/dolphingifts/magicolor2300w/magicolor2300w.jpg

Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by WillardTechMan (11/18/10 1:25 PM) reply + / -
Go through the printer menu & reset it to factory specs. There is a trick to it when you come to the main counter -- you have to hold it down & push the down button for the service menu. When you set the factory specs, it resets everything, including the toner cartridges. See the printer documentation for more info.

Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by healthup (11/18/10 6:22 PM) reply + / -
Check here :

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/laser/25521#75

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by healingcat (11/28/10 2:05 PM) reply + / -
mine is a 2300w it does not have a printer menu, any other ideas?

Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by healthup (11/28/10 6:57 PM) reply + / -
You can't just reset anything to solve your problem.
There's only one way which have to do is to take all the machine apart like what I said.

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by WorldOfJohnboy (1/8/11 5:17 PM) reply + / -
My parents have the 2300 and no matter what I do (took the fuser, transfer roller, toner, etc. out and re-seated them), the printer says "Paper Jam Transfer Roller." I even looked at the Transfer Roller and there is nothing stuck in/around it.

I am a computer Tech and have been working on PCs for 15+ years and can't seem to locate any paper jam. Does anyone have a fix with details of exactly where I need to look fr the jam?

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by moe (1/8/11 9:46 PM) reply + / -
Not that familiar with the 2300, but all printers have paper sensors. These are U shaped and a plastic arm interrupts the beam from the LED on one side and the photocell on the other. The paper passed this spring loaded arm and this is what tells the electronics where the paper is in the printer. If the arm is stuck down, then it perceives it as a paper jam even though no paper is present. So, you're looking for a skinny black plastic arm in the center of the printer in the area of the Transfer Roller. Could be stuck, broken, dislodged or even missing.

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by Worldofjohnboy (1/9/11 10:19 AM) reply + / -
Yup, the flag was stuck and I freed it so that it is now at least printing. Only problem now is that color printing appears faded. I think my mom will try to fix that issue though.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by MinoltaMagicraper (7/20/11 12:19 PM) reply + / -
When you were fixing your printer, did you disassemble the whole thing to get to the solenoids? Also, where specifically did you put the electric tape? Thanks in advance for the clarifications....!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by healthup (7/20/11 6:13 PM) reply + / -
Yes almost everything top left right front and back cover and more.......
You need a service manual to get to all of them.

I put the electric tape on the bottom of the L shape metal piece of the solenoids where they contack each other to reduce the magnetism possibility.

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by TimPrice (7/21/11 11:50 AM) reply + / -
Where is the 80 mA fuse to reset the drum unit counter, I have looked everywhere to no avail? Under the what large contacts on the bottom of what?

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by ArtAttack (11/15/11 6:00 AM) reply+1 + / -
This problem has been reported several times, but it isn't clear from the answers that the solutions proposed have been always or completely successful

Basically, I have not used my 2300 DL for 5 years, and now that I have switched it on, I get two problems:

1. It starts printing considerably lower on the page than normal, and the page never completely leaves the rollers, with the bottom inch being left stuck. The printer then reports a paper jam error. Has anyone who has cleaned the solenoids been successful in getting rid if this problem?

2. Any black text seems to come out fine, but anything that is meant to be in colour comes out as shadows, with the colours being very low.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

A.

Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by healthup (11/15/11 10:26 AM) reply + / -
Yes what you came cross with is all the 2300's problems are - the same as Epson C900.
I myself fixed three 2300/C900 these two weeks and another one tonight all the same symptom as yours.
Do as what i posted above you it will work.
Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by healthup (4/30/09 10:01 AM)
Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by healthup (12/7/09 5:16 PM)

Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by kdh2012 (12/30/11 3:33 PM) reply + / -
Thanks for the info! Our printer has been folding paper intermittently for years.

Your fix on the solenoids works!! Yeah!!!!

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300DL by gbyoung (edited 1/1/12 5:57 AM) reply + / -
I've had this printer (set up as a network printer) for several years and never had an issue changing cartridges. This last go around, after changing the black cartridge it refuses to print. I get no error messages on the printer itself, but get a "this document failed to print" note from any/all of the three computers attached to the network. The green LED beside the cable input jack is illuminated, and the port lamp on the router also acknowledges it is connected. Driving me nuts. Suggestions please.

EDIT: It will print its own internal test page.

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 ... update by gbyoung (1/5/12 7:05 AM) reply + / -
This issue is resolved.

After screwing around with this thing for a couple of weeks and getting no response here, I decided to print out an internal test page that listed the port address(es). This was different than the one on the computers hooked to my network. I added this (new) port address to all three (3) of the computers and all of them now print.

I have no idea why I had to do this, regardless, poo is now working and I (and my wife) are now happy.

Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by atlantean5 (edited 1/17/14 8:49 AM) reply + / -
Healthup's solenoid servicing action is excellent advice and very effective, but with one proviso. Do NOT replace the sticky felt with electrical tape. Leave the two metal surfaces spotlessly clean and impacting each other. Electrical tape can, in our experience, quite quickly create exactly the same problem all over again, manifesting itself when the printer has been idle for a while. The edge of the metal lever presses itself by spring pressure into the tape, then sticks slightly on solenoid energising, causing timing faults for the first few pages of a printing session, which is frustrating. This cannot happen with metal-to-metal contact.

The solenoid lever must move at the very instant of energising, otherwise the main board will detect a timing error. Not even milliseconds of delay can be tolerated!

(M.Sc Engineer)

Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by atlantean5 (edited 1/17/14 8:51 AM) reply + / -
There is one more very important service check, not mentioned in magicolor service manual but explained in Epson C900 manual (KM2300s are re-badged C900s). When refitting yellow SL4, the Belt Cleaner Separation Solenoid (behind the controller board) you must make sure that the solenoid lever is fitted just catching on the clutch cam with the black photo-interrupter blade downwards so that its left edge is vertical. Now remove the transfer belt (if present) from the front end and view the belt separation cam now visible dead ahead. It has a small registration hole in it. This hole should line up on the horizontal with its pivot central point (i.e. be at 3 o'clock). If it's at 2 o'clock or some other crazy clockface point you will get all sorts of timing errors (including large top margins) even if all other engine units are flawless. The cure, then, is to remove the rack motor (which includes this clutch/cam assembly) and reposition the clutch spring to achieve this 90 degrees geometry. The spring has a choice of five positions to facilitate this. Refit and check. All this is described and illustrated in the Epson C900 Service Manual Rev A page 188.

If you don't get this right, many problems result: you cannot refit transfer belt after removal because the cam swings back under spring pressure, impeding its travel; half the printed page is missing with toner left on the PC drum and the belt; incomplete travel of media through the fuser ... just don't go here, it's too painful!! Do it right!.

(M.Sc Engineer)

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by jimbone1 (1/13/14 7:19 AM) reply + / -
Where can I get a Image Transfer Belt Unit for Minolta Magicolor 2300w printer

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by philly5706 (1/13/14 1:46 PM) reply + / -
Google.

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by jimbone1 (1/13/14 5:57 PM) reply + / -
I tried Google

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by moe (1/13/14 6:46 PM) reply + / -
Didn't try very hard. http://www.printermalls.com

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 by jimbone1 (1/14/14 1:28 AM) reply + / -
I was trying to find a used one.

Post to this thread: