need driver: hpoid407.exe

Re: hp psc 750 xi by jim g. (9/15/04 10:59 AM) + / -

need driver: hpoid407.exe to install hp psc 750
on win98se

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Bert (9/15/04 3:20 PM) + / -
Go here.
h10025.www1.hp.com

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Debbie (9/28/04 9:59 PM) +1 + / -
How do I make my printer default to English?

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Bert (9/28/04 10:36 PM) + / -
Press and hold Cancel and the Left Arrow while plugging in the power cord. This performs a partial reset which will give access to the country and region settings if they are available.

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Bob (10/1/04 5:20 AM) +1 + / -
I am trying to scan and I get a message that says the hp scanner is busy. I've tried to quit whatever it is doing and I can't. It also says that the device can't connect. What do I do?

Thanks

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Bert (10/1/04 10:40 AM) + / -
Turn off the printer and restart the computer. If that fails, do the reset procedure in my previous post. If that doesn't solve the problem, uninstall and reinstall the driver. I suggest downloading the latest version from HP.
h10025.www1.hp.com

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (10/4/04 9:44 AM) + / -
The black cartridge latch now probably has a 'slack' feel. If this is so, examine the color cartridge latch to see how the spring must be reinstalled on the black cartridge latch.

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Inneke (10/11/04 12:19 PM) +2 + / -
Hi

I have a similar problem with a leak from a black ink caridge in an HP 750 PSC that I want to clean.
do you have any instructions on how to get the case off this printer?
Thanks

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Cammie (10/11/04 6:35 PM) + / -
My printer was workin fine until my computer got a virus. We fixed the computer but now the printer does not work. The copier works but nothing to the computer works. I can not print out any page from my computer. I cannot scan anything to my computer CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Bert (10/11/04 8:12 PM) + / -
Uninstall the driver software and reinstall it. I suggest that you download the latest version from HP if you have a fast Internet connection. The download is 50-60 Mb. Go here.
h10025.www1.hp.com

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Greg Grizzell (10/18/04 9:37 AM) +8 + / -
My printer has been working fine until now. Every once in awhile when I go to copy something it will give me a scanner failure error.
I went to re-install but it says it doesn't support Windows 5.1, 5.2, 5.3. I have Windows XP and it works fine most of the time.

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (10/18/04 12:19 PM) +1 + / -
everytime I try to print I get a message to align page on scanner glass. it seems as if it is stuck on scanner and wont print of the computor screen

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Greg Grizzell (10/18/04 2:46 PM) + / -
I didn't see any posting that referenced my question.

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (10/19/04 4:26 PM) + / -
my psc 750 will only print in red and black, tried driver reinstall and new carts and even purge jets..... anyone any ideas, I love the printer but will have to get a new one if i dont cure this soon!!!!

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Bert (10/19/04 10:47 PM) + / -
Greg
Remove the scanner glass and clean the underside. Clean the scanner mirror with a cotton swab. It will be in a slot parallel to the scanner bulb.

Anon 1
If you are saying that the printer constantly wants to print an alignment page, then the automatic alignment page is failing. This could be caused by no yellow ink or a broken spot sensor. The printer must be able to print yellow in order to do the alignment. Did you find a small piece of clear plastic after a paper jam was removed through the front? It is part of the spot sensor. If you did repost for more info. You can find out how to bypass the alignment by scrolling to "Bypassing the ink cartridge alignment" on this web page.
h10025.www1.hp.com

Anon 2
Clean the cartridge and carriage electrical contacts with a cotton swab and alcohol. Its possible to get a defective new cartridge. Test it in a known working printer. This web page lists the printers that use the 78 cartridge.
partsurfer.hp.com

Re: hp psc 750 xi Broken Glass by Darren (10/23/04 1:46 AM) + / -
Any suggestions??
Whilst moving house i unfortunately dropped a speaker on the printer, thus shattering the glass.
Anyone know if HP do replacement glass and the cost?
If so is it easy to replace?
Thanks

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Alex (10/23/04 5:02 AM) + / -
Darren , i have the same problem ,,,, broken glass , and cannot find the spare part.I havw tryed to replace the glass with a regular one , and the scanner doesn not inizialize , i suppose that it tryes to find a marks or a pattern on the glass , , can you figure out anything from the broken part of the glass ?

Re: hp psc 750 xi Alex by Darren (10/23/04 6:16 AM) + / -
One problem with that!
The glass is in a million pieces!!!
Where did you manage to source the replacement glass from?

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Alex (10/23/04 8:04 AM) + / -
Darren , emm home made glass from a pieces of glass :) and hp dont provide a spare for glass . let's keep in touch

Re: hp psc 750 xi by rick (10/27/04 7:07 AM) +11 + / -
every time i turn on scanner i get error message
(scanner failure, turn off then back on). error does'nt show till 10 seconds after power is on,
after scan bulb repositions itself to the far
right and then bulb turns off. i've tried different power cords and plugged straight into wall outlet. is there anything else i could try?

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Bert (10/27/04 10:11 AM) + / -
Remove the scanner glass and clean the underside. Clean the scanner mirror with a cotton swab. It will be in a slot parallel to the scanner bulb.

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Alex (10/28/04 1:30 AM) + / -
Rick ! please ! if you clean your glass could make a digital photo of the bottom of the glass ?
Thanks

Re: hp psc 750 xi by rick (10/29/04 11:01 AM) + / -
tried cleaning glass. no luck. thanks anyway.

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (11/4/04 3:41 PM) + / -
As a result of my young son's eagerness to pull a printing sheet out of the HP PSC 750xi, I had a jam message. Back door was clear, then I recentered and cleared the jam in the cartridges, but the printer will not allow the paper to travel through, and printing is limited to an area about an inch wide. How can I fix this?

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Bert (11/4/04 10:31 PM) + / -
Make sure the encoder strip is connected to the attachment points on the extreme left and right. There is a springy hook on the left and a stationary hook on the right.

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Vee (11/5/04 3:12 AM) + / -
Novemer 3rd, 2004

Dear Printer Person,

Recently had virus,got new hard drive and installed Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002.

Printer will not work even after following directions Control, Printers & Other Hardware,View Installed Pntrs,if Prntr listed right click prntr icon -
Properties,Ports, LPT1.....
Everything seemed right (other than the fact that there are also HP PSC 750 (Copy 1) and HP PSC (Copy 2) and Copy 3. listed in View Inst Printers and I CANT GET RID OF THEM!!! and the printer when directed to print goes thru all the right steps, but then just FAILS to even MOVE let alone PRINT!!

I dont know what else to do? I dont have the quick instruction sheet that came with the printer, nor do I have the driver that came with the printer? Though the prntr icon DOES show up in installed Hardware (it also has 1,2, & Copy 3????????

Copy 3 is the one with the check mark next to it??????
Please HELP!!!!

Vee

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Greg (11/5/04 9:04 AM) +2 + / -
I think I have fixed my error of Scanner Failure.
Just keeping the glass clean seems to have done the trick.

Re: hp psc 750 xi by roosevelt murray (11/5/04 11:54 AM) + / -
HELLO:
I RECENTLY BROUGHT THE HP
PSC 750XI PRINTER, AND EACH TIME I TURN IT ON, IT SAY'S WAIT, AND THEN LATER TURN OFF, CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT
I CAN DO TO FIX IT,

Re: hp psc 750 xi by brian (11/5/04 3:11 PM) + / -
I have the exact same problem as someone that replied as anonymous. I may have missed the answer.

My HP psc 750 only prints BLACK and RED.

please Help!!!

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Bert (11/5/04 7:31 PM) + / -
Keep in mind that a cartridge can fail anytime, whether new, partly used, or refilled.

1. Clean the cartridge and carriage electrial contacts with a cotton swab and alcohol.
2. Uninstall and reinstall the printer driver.
3. Test the cartridge in another printer. Any of these printers use the same cartridge.
partsurfer.hp.com

Before declaring the printer at fault, test it on another computer.

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Mike (11/7/04 8:12 AM) + / -
We have a paper jam error message. It reads clear jam and then press enter. I've done that and the message is still there. Any suggestions?

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Bert (11/7/04 9:59 PM) + / -
Go to this web page. Your specific model is not mentioned but the PSC 750 shares the same print mechanism with them
h10025.www1.hp.com

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (11/8/04 3:40 PM) + / -
Thanks for the help, but when I go to number 4, the ink cartridge does not go to center. It continues to stay on the left side and it does nothing. Any other suggestions???

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Bert (11/8/04 10:32 PM) + / -
Step 4 is asking you to move the cartidges by hand toward the center. Are you saying that the carriage is binding?

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Mike (11/9/04 4:06 AM) + / -
Yes. Once moved to the center, it does not move back to the left side. It just stays there.

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Tina (11/14/04 6:08 AM) + / -
My printer seems to be stuck in copy mode. It will copy fine but I can not get it to print from the computer. I've had this problem many times before and I was able to correct it by printintg a self test which kicked it back into print mode. That solution is not working now. I had to copy something 3 weeks ago and have not been able to print anything since. I've tried shutting down and restarting. Please help

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Bert (11/14/04 9:10 PM) + / -
Check the computer-printer cable for a secure connection on both ends. If it looks okay, uninstall and reinstall the driver.

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (11/17/04 9:20 AM) + / -
I actually have an HP psc 1210 printer/scanner/copier, but I was wondering if you could help me anyway... I was printing out resumes and the ink started fading, so I put in a new ink cartridge. After that, when I tried to print, the printer que said there was an error, and wouldn't print. After waiting in vain for several minutes for it to print, I tried cancelling the print job. It wouldn't cancel, so I sut off the computer. I turned it back on, realigned the print cartridges, and tried to print again. This time it only printed every 4th line of the document, and only printed it in gray. What is wrong with it, and can you help me fix it?
Dee

Re: hp psc 750 xi by june (11/18/04 5:48 PM) + / -
i can't run my printer becuase it's an hp750. your suggested driver download was for an hp700series

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Bert (11/18/04 8:52 PM) + / -
Read this web page and make sure one of these drivers is what you are looking for.
h10025.www1.hp.com

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Christine (11/19/04 4:11 PM) +5 + / -
Hi, I hope you can help me. My printer is about a year old, and I have never replaced the ink until now. I replaced the black ink but then when I shut the top it says "Remove and check black cartridge". I have tried to take it out and put it back in and it still says that. What is the problem?? How do I solve this?? I hope you can help.
Thank you

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Bert (11/19/04 5:02 PM) + / -
Make sure you are installing the correct HP cartridge. If you are, clean the cartridge and carriage electrical contacts with a cotton swab and alcohol. If that fails, consider the possibility of a defective cartridge, even if it is new.

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (11/20/04 10:14 AM) + / -
June, the 700series covers anything that is a 700 something printer, including the 750. HP releases all their printers in series that share the same drivers.

Networking hp psc 750xi by Geri (11/20/04 1:41 PM) + / -
Help I am so confused! I got a new laptop for my birthday, it has XP Home Edition. I'm trying to set it up so it will network with our desktop, which has Windows ME. I want to use the printer that is connected to the desktop PC. Do I need to install the printer driver for the hp psc 750 xi to my laptop (the driver for XP)????

Re: thankyou! by Christine (11/20/04 1:51 PM) +1 + / -
Hey!! thanks ssooo much Bert for your help!! I will come to you if i have future problems with my printer. thx again!

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Liz (11/21/04 7:10 AM) +5 + / -
How do I remove and clean the glass of my PSC 750 printer?

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Liz (11/21/04 7:12 AM) +2 + / -
How do I remove and clean the glass of my PSC 750 printer?

Re: hp psc 750 xi by August (11/23/04 8:06 PM) + / -
I keep getting the following two errors on my printer saying:

1) Remove and check black cartidge

2) Remove and check color cartidge

I have replaced both cartidges and still get both errors. The cartridges are brand new from HP and have no defects so they should work. Also, I have followed the instructions in installing the new cartidges.
I have also completely unplugged the unit and replugged in the unit to see if that would clear it out but it does not. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the disk with no success.

Does anyone know what could be causing the errors?

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Bert (11/23/04 9:59 PM) + / -
A common cause is dirty contacts on the cartridges or carriage or both. Clean the cartridge and carriage electrical contacts with a cotton swab and alcohol.

Make sure you have the correct cartridges.

Re: hp psc 750 xi by August (11/29/04 7:31 PM) + / -
I cleaned the contacts on the cartridges and carriage. Still does not work.

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Bert (11/29/04 9:47 PM) + / -
Since you have the correct cartridges and have cleaned the contacts, that leaves the possibility of a defective cartridge (it happens). Test them in a compatible printer.

Re: hp psc 750 xi by August (11/30/04 9:57 AM) + / -
Still no luck, the cartridges work on other machines.

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Bert (11/30/04 1:07 PM) + / -
That suggests the electronics board on the carriage has failed. HP does not sell it as a spare part. The only option is to remove one from a printer that has failed in some other way.

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (12/1/04 6:20 AM) + / -
I have the hp 750 about three yrs old, first my scanner failed, then my printer, after reinstalling program it still says scanner cannot be found, my copier still works. Help

Re: hp psc 750 xi by bill (12/1/04 6:26 AM) + / -
I have a 750 psc, first my scanner stopped working, then a week later my printer, currently only my copier works, I have disconnected, re inserted program, nothing works, it stills says scanner cannot be found Bill

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (12/3/04 8:54 PM) + / -
I just purhased a HP psc 750xi but did not get the power cord. It says it requires a 18V 2a and the Radio Shack guys say that is DC. Where can I get a power cord?

I have an 18V 1.1A form a HP power adapter c6409-60014. Would that work?

Please advise!! Thanks!!

Cecily

Re: hp psc 750 by LINDA (12/5/04 7:58 PM) + / -
could any one help me i have moved and lost my psc 750 poster and dont remeber how to hook it back up when hooked pc up keeps popping up missing files or errors and cant find poster anywhere can any one help with like the first hook up

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Bert (12/5/04 8:28 PM) + / -
Anonymous
The power supply you have is for a printer, not an all-in-one. It is not designed to output the current required. You can get all of the power supplies you want on eBay. Use 0950-3807 as the search term.

LINDA
Go here to get the manual.
h10025.www1.hp.com&

It would be wise to check your system for viruses and spyware. Make sure you have the latest virus definitions.

I would also uninstall and reinstall the printer driver. I also suggest downloading the latest version of from HP if you have a fast Internet connection.
h10025.www1.hp.com

Re: hp psc 750 xi by MIKE (12/6/04 12:05 AM) + / -
Just want to say thank. Nice to find good help and links.

FOR GREG if it gives you that 5.1 5.2 windows not supported error...
goto microsoft.com and search SERVICE PACK 1 for XP

download that pack to get you old-azz windows drivers and such updated. Then the HP driver he mentioned above will work fine.

http://www.hoptoo.com is my plug in exchange for the 2 hours it took me to figure that out to hel greg and I. MOD- Get yourself a keyword link on my site above to help your google n such.

Thanks again,
OUT

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (12/6/04 7:31 AM) + / -
i have had to change my black ink because it haad gotten low, when i was done the printer told me that i have the wrong kind of color ink in the printer, but i did not touch the color only the black. i have tried taking them out and putting them back but it has not worked i have even tried to reset the printer but it does not work. does anyone have any ideas?
thanks
kevin

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Bert (12/6/04 1:27 PM) + / -
A common cause is dirty contacts on the cartridges or carriage or both. Clean the cartridge and carriage electrical contacts with a cotton swab and alcohol.

Sometimes you get a defective cartridge out of the box.

Make sure you have the correct cartridges.

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Olajide Odeyemi (12/7/04 2:38 AM) + / -
I have an hp psc 750 printer but whenever i switch it ON it display scanner failure switch OFF and ON again, but still give the same error message as long as switch it ON & OFF. pls what should i do. i want your response quickly.

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Bert (12/7/04 9:58 AM) + / -
Are you saying that the power switch is non responsive or that the printer turns off with the exception of the display? Your description is ambiguous enough to allow serveral interpretations. More info would help, but in the meantime try a reset.

Go to this web page for reset instructions.
h20000.www2.hp.com

Can you help me please by shelby (12/9/04 7:10 PM) + / -
I have a hp psc 750 printers, but i do not have the softward, please can you tell me what to do. I wanna installe it to my computer. Thank you do much

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Bert (12/9/04 8:29 PM) + / -
Download it here.
h10025.www1.hp.com

Re: hp psc 750 xi by salah (12/11/04 3:36 AM) + / -
i need the full hardware for hp psc 750 .. please

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Robert Marcinko (12/12/04 3:23 PM) + / -
I was also getting message scanner failure please turn off printer. cleaning the glass seems to have fixed it. The printer was actually given to me because the owner was tired of the problem. Thanks to the bboard I have a nice new "working" printer.

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (12/14/04 6:12 PM) + / -
I have the hp psc 750 and I had it attached to my old computer that broke. My brother inlaw gave me another computer and I hooked up cables from hp to the new computer and do not have my discs to reinstall. Went to my computer to add printer etc and it comes up need to insert widows cd I dont have this available either. I could only luse my hp to copy right now and I really want to use it on this computer I have hooked up. Will be awhile til get other one fixed. How do I reinstall using internet?

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Bert (12/14/04 7:15 PM) + / -
Download the software here.
h10025.www1.hp.com

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Ulrik (12/15/04 5:55 AM) +14 + / -
my psc 750 keeps saying "incorrect black cartridge installed". Both the black and the color cartridge came with the printer when I got it and worked not that long ago?

Re: hp psc 750 by Karim A. Somani (12/20/04 5:08 AM) + / -
press enter to align cartridge, after printing it gives message keep ur align page in scanner and press enter after sometimes it gives message scanner failure turn off and on again again same error

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Bert (12/20/04 10:17 AM) + / -
Ulrik
Make sure you have the correct cartridges, HP 15 and 78. Clean the cartridge and carriage electrical contacts with a cotton swab and alcohol. If this doesn't solve the problem, you probably have a defective black cartridge.

hp psc 900 series by Anonymous (1/31/05 12:20 PM) + / -
How do I download driver hpoid407.exe

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Denny Conway (1/31/05 5:32 PM) + / -
I do not know what that "hpoid407.exe" file actually is, but if its the Printer Drivers, then you can usually download them from hp.com web-site. Its best to load new Printer Drivers directly from the HP web-site, rather than simply using the Driver Disc that came with your printer. The old drivers may have become corrupted and could be causing possible problems and can even conflict with the new drivers, if you don't remove those older drivers first. Open your "Control Panel Utility", then open the "Add/Remove Programs", then under "Install/Uninstall", highlight and REMOVE any old Printer Drivers that may already be installed. You can go on-line to the HP.COM web site, at http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/siteHome?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en and download the latest drivers for your printer and system. Simply read the information, make your choices and follow the prompts to download new drivers for free...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (2/23/05 2:51 PM) + / -

Mine is doing this too. I've reloaded the drivers twice. I'm doing it a third time right now!

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (3/5/05 4:05 PM) + / -
This was an extremely helpful tip. Thank you very much.

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Denny Conway (3/7/05 10:53 AM) + / -
Anonymous: You're Welcome! I hope it actually helps...Denny Conway

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi paper stuck help! by belladonna_me (3/10/05 2:18 AM) + / -
my printer gobbled up six sheets of paper while I was trying to print, they are stuck tightly and I can't find out from the Reference Guide how to get them out. Please help. Surely this is a common problem, so why no help in the book?

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by gsmyth (3/10/05 4:58 AM) + / -
Fixed it myself using brute force and ignorance, and opening up the back! Thanks anyway

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Michelle (3/12/05 10:58 AM) + / -
I have an HP PSC 750. I recently got a virus and my software got messed up. I deleted the folder with the software in it, removed the printer from installed printers,and removed the drivers from the server properties box. I downloaded the software from hp and it has always worked before and now when I try to install it, setup runs just fine, but when it finishes it says that the software has already been installed. Please help I'd really like my printer back.

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Bert (3/12/05 11:51 PM) + / -
You should have ran the uninstaller that came with the original printer software first. There are probably some remnants of the old software installation left in the registry. Run the uninstaller and do another install. If the printer will still not work, you will have to consult a computer technician to get it straightened out.

Re: Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (3/13/05 7:23 AM) + / -
Thank you for your help, but I cannot run the uninstall because it was one of the .exe's that got ruined by my virus. Is there another way to get the uninstall?

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Bert (3/13/05 10:15 PM) + / -
If the attempted new installation did not provide an uninstaller in the process, that leaves the possibility of having to reinstall the operating system; a pain in the neck I know. Just make sure all of your critical data in backed up on a CD or whatever. Some sharp computer guy may be able to fix it for you without doing something so radical. You have to weigh the labor cost against the inconvienence of reinstalling all of the software yourself.

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (3/29/05 10:37 AM) + / -
Thanks. You helped me fix it!

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by mis (3/30/05 8:04 PM) + / -
How do you clean the underside of the glass? I get the same scanner failure.

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (4/2/05 10:22 AM) + / -
Bert,
Thanks for your advice. I have done everything you said and since I have re-installed software the printer now displays "1 copy / 100%".
Strangely I am able to colour photocopy perfectly and I could when it said check the colour cartridge.
Still unable to print, any ideas please?

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (4/4/05 3:52 AM) + / -
Hi, this is a different problem, my printer was working normally and then suddenly it stuffs up, where when i try and print something, it doesnt print, and when i go to the print queue and try and cancel it, it sits there telling me that it is deleting, and because it is first in queue it causes a traffic jam in my printer queue, i have an hp deskjet 5550, can anyone help?

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Geoff oult (4/6/05 5:41 AM) + / -
PSC 750. Message erads "icorrect black cartridge installed" I have cleaned the contacts inside and on the cartridges. I have tried 2 new cartridges and still can't print.
I even tried the one I had taken out and got the same message.
Any ideas, massage the printer with a 14lb sledge hammer, talk to it with a chain saw?????

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (4/6/05 10:53 AM) +2 + / -
How do you remove the scanner glass to clean the underneath side? Can't seem to figure it out. Everytime I turn it on it says scanner failure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Bert (4/6/05 3:04 PM) +2 + / -
I'm not familiar with removing the glass but removing the scanner assembly may shed some light. Here's how.

1. Open the printer as if you are going to change a cartridge.
2. Push the stops inward that limit the rotation of the scanner assembly and it will open to about 90 degrees.
3 Remove the small cover in the center where the scanner assembly hinges and unplug the ribbon cables.
4. Lift the scanner assembly straight up.

There may be latches or screws under the control panel overlay. It prys off.

Good luck.

Re: Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (4/7/05 4:55 AM) -1 + / -
Hey Geoff,
Just go ahead and call HP Phone Support... They will inform you your 750 is out of warranty and want to charge you right away for troubleshooting. Don't pay! Just tell them you would like a tech guy for consulting and general advice rather than troubleshooting... Chances are you will get through and speak to a tech... Explain your problem and ask him to get you a good deal on a 5510 All-in-one... He will offer you a discount through the sales team... I say jump at it. Because the 750 although a decent printer is now old and your printer is giving you trouble... Time to upgrade.

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (4/9/05 7:31 AM) + / -
You may have a bad scanner bulb. Mine is doing the same thing. That is what I have it narrowed down to. Trying to find a scanner bulb to replace it. Anyone know where to buy scanner bulbs for hp printers? Could not find them on the hp site.

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Bert (4/9/05 7:55 PM) + / -
The only option is to go to the web site listed below and choose the closest generic Tri-Phosphor RGB White Lamp, i.e length and diameter.
http://dkc3.digikey.com/PDF/T051/1468.pdf

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Ralothael (4/17/05 10:18 PM) + / -
Hey. My hp psc 750xi says that the carriage is stalled. Ive tried everything to try and get it to work again. I made sure there is no paper jam, nothing bloecking the carriage, eeverything. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do?

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Bert (4/18/05 12:19 PM) + / -
If the carriage exits the service station (far right) when you open the access door, lubricate the carriage rod with a few drops of Tri-Flow; available at cycle shops in small squeeze bottles.

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by OWEN KING (4/23/05 12:01 PM) + / -
have now lost my printer .......it is installed but nothing happens !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Bert (4/23/05 8:30 PM) + / -
What have you done in attempting to solve the problem? I can think of all sorts of possibilities. Give me a starting point!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HP PSC750 by Therasa (4/28/05 9:40 PM) + / -
I've got a second hand PSC750 that didn't come with either the black or color cartridge. I've installed a new (HP) black cartridge. I didn't bother with a color cartridge as I intend only to use/need the print/copier functions in black.

Does the PSC750 require both the black AND the color cartridge installed to function? I can't even get a test page to print? Is there any work arounds with a color cartridge absent? Thanks in advance.

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Bert (4/28/05 10:37 PM) + / -
No escape. You must have both cartridges installed.

Re: Re: hp psc 750 by Abigayle (5/2/05 2:33 PM) + / -
I have lost the set up poster that comes with the printer. Does anyone know
what the exact steps are in order to
set up the printer again. I am using a USB connection.

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Bert (5/2/05 4:51 PM) + / -
Get the user manual here.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com

750 printer set up using the set up poster by abigayle (5/2/05 7:03 PM) + / -
I already have the user manual. In the manual it referrs to the sequence of steps of setting up the printer. If anyone has the actuall printer & set up poster could you please email me the steps for setting it up with an usb connection. It worked fine with the set up poster...but I have lost it. Can anyone help me out there. Thanks for your help!

Opening a hp psc 750 xi by Magnus (5/7/05 8:20 PM) + / -
Hi all

My hp psc 750 is completely "dead", no lights, nothing. Any ideas what could be the problem? Does the printer have a fuse - if so, where and how to change it? How does one open up the hp psc 750 anyways???

Thanks,

Magnus

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Bert (5/8/05 9:01 PM) + / -
Check the external power supply for 18 VDC output. Any fuse would be inside. I don't believe it is designed to be opened. The replacement P/N is 0950-3807.

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by qdawg76 (5/10/05 4:55 PM) +1 + / -
I had the problem where it says scanner failure and to shut off and turn back on, I cleaned the glass and it seemed to fix the problem or so I thought, It let me make a single copy and let me scan 1 picture onto my computer but now it keeps saying scanner failure again when I scan but it lets me use the copy option. Any Ideas? Thanks

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by qdawg76 (5/10/05 4:59 PM) + / -
I had the problem where it says scanner failure and to shut off and turn back on, I cleaned the glass and it seemed to fix the problem or so I thought, It let me make a single copy and let me scan 1 picture onto my computer but now it keeps saying scanner failure again when I scan but it lets me use the copy option. Any Ideas? Thanks

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Bert (5/10/05 5:25 PM) + / -
Does your computer meet the minimum system requirements shown in the printer User Manual? Go to My Computer and see if you are running out of hard drive space. Your system resources may be used up by spyware. If you are using Windows XP, go to Microsoft.com and download their free antispyware software, otherwise download Spybot Search and Destroy (do a Goggle search to find it).

Re: Re: hp psc 750 and windows XP by doug1935 (5/10/05 6:27 PM) + / -
can you run hp 750 from a laptop windows XP? If so
where can I find out how?

Re: Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (5/11/05 8:25 PM) +1 + / -
I have the same scanner failure error. It now won't even let me copy or scan. Once in a while I can get it to print from my computer. I have been told to clean the underside of the glass, but how do you get to it. Any suggestions, I'm ready to toss it out the window. Thanks.

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Bert (5/11/05 10:09 PM) + / -
See my 4/6/05 3:04 PM post on this thread.

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by qdawg76 (5/12/05 2:32 PM) + / -
I have cleaned the underside of the glass and it still gives me the scanner failure error, Guess its time to move onto a different brand Printer

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by ASobo (5/13/05 3:25 PM) + / -
When I try to initiate a scan from the printer itself...it says "Options not set" ...how do I set them up? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Bert (5/13/05 11:19 PM) + / -
Go the to the Maintenance menu and select Restore Factory Defaults. If using the printer menus is a mystery to you, get the User Manual here.
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/bpu02250.pdf

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by ASobb (5/15/05 10:01 AM) + / -
Thanks for your reply...I actually had already tried that and it didn't work...any other suggestions...? Thanks!!!

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Bert (5/15/05 9:45 PM) + / -
A wild guess
Assuming that you have the printer hooked to a computer, open HP Director (if the 750 uses it) and select Scan. There are some selectable options.

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by ASobo (5/16/05 5:32 AM) + / -
I don't have the HP DIrector on my computer anymore...thanks anyway! I selected the scanner though and the properties are only to adjust the color...

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by golf_guy (6/5/05 8:51 AM) + / -
I improperly cleared a paper jam (pulled it out the front before I had read that I should open the back and pull the paper out )and now when I print multiple pages the first page does not fully clear the printer and is grabbed when the printer grabs a second piece of paper.Everything prints fine but I have to be right there to manually catch each page and remove them form the printer before the printer tries to grab and load the next page.
Any ideas on how to fix this ?
Thanks in advance.

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Bert (6/5/05 9:57 PM) + / -
Broken Paper Pusher?
After a page prints it is necessary for it to be pushed into the paper output tray. Three ‘fingers’ accomplish this just as the page exits the rubber rollers that are visible when the cover is opened. Print a page and view the printer at an angle where you can see the carriage move as printing takes place. At the instant the paper comes out of the rollers, the three 'fingers' will pop-up and push the paper into the output tray. If they are broken off, this explains the jam.

The paper pusher is no longer available as a spare part from HP. I recycle them from Deskjet 3820s, and Officejet 5110s and V40s. I use these models as donors becuase they failed in mass due to a design flaw and come into the shop as scrap regularly. If you want to do the repair and you can find the part, we can discuss the how-to.

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by golf_guy (6/9/05 7:45 PM) + / -
I see the 3 fingers. They seem to always be "up" and do not appear to move.
Any ideas ?
Thanks.

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Bert (6/9/05 8:50 PM) + / -
If the fingers stay upright they cannot pop up. I've never seen them fail to retract unless they are installed incorrectly, and only if a repairperson has messed up. I suppose there is always a first time. I have pictures that will clarify what you should be seeing. Email me by clicking on my name and I'll forward them to you.

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (6/15/05 11:19 PM) + / -
had the same problem try disconecting the power for about a minute and hold the cancel and left arrow buttons while reconnecting the power.
this worked for me.

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by halfdeaded (6/16/05 12:41 AM) + / -
Vee, go to add printer in settings and right click printer #1 check properties and make sure the printer is set as default printer. this should help. ed

Re: Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Bert (6/16/05 10:42 PM) + / -
golf_guy

I emailed you the photos but the email was returned as undeliverable.

my printer by Avik (6/21/05 2:13 AM) + / -
hi...well, the driver file is 2 large...cn sum 1 gimme a smaller zip file?
or maybe a CD? i would be happy to get any links or cd or even a reply...
Avik Dhupar

Re: Re: hp psc 750 by Homelessdrunk (6/21/05 8:59 PM) + / -
Trying to install onto system using win ME.
getting message - Unable to start driver HPoid407.exe

Tried uninstall and loading again without printer usb connected but no joy..

Any Help is greatly appreciated.
HP support wanna charge $33 !!!

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Bert (6/21/05 9:49 PM) + / -
There is a possibility that HPoid407.exe is corrupted. Download a fresh copy of the driver. Uninstall the existing driver before installing the new. Run Find and make sure HPoid407.exe is gone.

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (6/29/05 12:52 AM) + / -
I had the "Scanner Failed and Restart the printer". I cleaned the underside of the glas and nothing... the problem persist. The REAL SOLUTION is to clean the mirrors that are inside the black box (the box that moves with the white light). You can extract some of the mirror and clean them with some special product to clean glasses (I think that alcohol is not a good idea).
In order to clean the most dirty mirror you have to unmount the white light from the black box. The mirror that itīs closer to the white mirror is the most impacted by the light and you will see that it has something on it. Like a shadow...
Thatīs all. Just clean all the mirrors and your Scanner faild problem will be resolved.

Best regards.
Alfredo Fenoglio

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (6/29/05 12:54 AM) +1 + / -
If you have problems to unmount the white light or to open the black box you can reach me at : fixyourownprinter@afeno.com.ar

Regards
Alfredo Fenoglio

No Subject by Anonymous (7/5/05 7:30 PM) + / -
This will fix any incorrect ink problem. Also clears up "check cartridge"

Go here http://www.ims-ink.com/pdf/HP.pdf and follow the part at the end that instructs you to tape up contacts.

Basically just tape up the the top left 4 contacts on the black AND color cartridges. (i did it for only one and it did'nt work. Then shut your printer for about 20 seconds. Open it up and tape up the top 4 contacts on the right side of both cartridges. Shut and reopen after 20 seconds. Now do this for the left and right again.

Now remove all tape, shut, and enjoy printing stuff. Damn. Why couldnt HP just put that in the manual. It woulda saved me an hour.

Peace

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Sherry (7/12/05 11:35 PM) + / -
When I use the copier, the copy is cutting off parts of the sides...any ideas why?

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Bert (7/13/05 9:36 AM) +2 + / -
The scanner cannot copy all the way to the edge.

Top margin: 0.071" (1.8 mm)
Bottom margin: 0.461" (11.7 mm)
Right and left margin: 0.252" (6.4 mm)

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Chicagogrl (7/15/05 4:00 AM) + / -
My psc750 stopped scanning all of a sudden.

I deleted it and reinstalled it, but now, it won't install the HP director. It's giving me all kinds of new stuff, this Photo-Smart and Share-To-Web that I never had before. That's all well and good, but I can't scan anything! What do I do?

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (7/15/05 11:16 AM) + / -
Im trying to get my printer going but canīt, I know that my printer works, the problem is that evrything I try to print a box pops up saying [ cant start driver for hpoid 407.exe ] Im not to sure way , the thing is that I have this printer install in my home office computer which is a window xp and now that I lost the cd to install I down loaded the information or the driver from HP service and Im not having good responce because of this problem with hpoid 407.exe, How can I down load this information or where can I resolve this problem.

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Bert (7/15/05 9:50 PM) + / -
There is a possibility that HPoid407.exe is corrupted. Download a fresh copy of the driver. Uninstall the existing driver before installing the new. Run Find and make sure HPoid407.exe is gone.

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (7/16/05 2:39 PM) + / -
Have a hp psc 750 and just installed Software/driver and cannot bring up software. Says, it is installed.

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (7/16/05 2:44 PM) + / -
Have a hp psc 750 and just installed Software/driver and cannot bring up software. Says, it is installed.

Re: Re: hp psc 750 by Brad Moreland (7/24/05 10:00 AM) + / -
Hey,
Broke the back door on my psc 750. Anybody know where I can find a replacement? Thanks!

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (7/25/05 9:41 AM) + / -
my hp psc750 does not get all the words when i print it cuts some off .i have tryed to do lanscape and portiot but nothing works so what else can i do to fix it please help me.

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Webb (7/25/05 10:06 AM) + / -
My hp 750 has been paperjamed for almost 2 years I tryed everything and nothing seems to work My cartrages start from the left is that right ?

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by rroyer (7/31/05 2:41 PM) + / -
I have purchased a new hp psc 750 but can't get anything to print from the computer (w/Windows ME ). The printer will make stand alone copies and scan to the computer for e-mailing just fine. I'm using the Windows ME start up disk. Need help --- school starts in a few days !

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Larry12 (8/20/05 4:32 PM) + / -
I've had a HP 750 for over a year now- suddenly it is telling me that there is a paper jam- which is odd because there is absolutely no paper in it- not in the gears, not in the back, not in the front. What can I do? Thanks!

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Stephen (8/20/05 6:17 PM) + / -
If the jam message occurs after a feed cycle starts, but no paper is fed then the feed rollers probably need to be cleaned.

Otherwise the flag that senses paper in the machine is stuck, or you have a jam.

Remove the cleanout door and look in and up on the left side and you'll see the lever that is the bottom end of the flag, and maybe you'll see some jammed paper too.

Rubber roller rejuvinator will keep the rollers in good condition and minimize your chances of having jams, synthetic lube applied sparingly to the carriage rail will maximize the belt life in the printer.

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/specials/misc

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Larry12 (8/20/05 6:54 PM) + / -
Thanks Stephen- but I've tried cleaning it- and the lever seems to be fine also. Could it be something else?

What I do notice is that the rollers seem to be extremely tight- I can't move them at all- is this indicative of another problem?

Any additional advice you might have would be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Stephen (8/20/05 8:46 PM) + / -
If the feed rollers are tight, then that's an indication that there is a piece of paper jammed somewhere.

If the machine was in mid feed cycle and the separation pad was raised that would also put a drag on the rollers. The separation pad is opposite the middle roller.

If you can power cycle the machine and get it to reset itself, then remove the clean out door and turn the rollers downwards, (like you were feeding paper back in to the tray, there will be some resistance, but only a little.

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Larry12 (8/21/05 9:44 AM) + / -
Stephen-

Power cycled the machine, got it to reset- I was able to turn the rollers down and ensure that they are clean. The lever is in its upright position. But I still get the paper jam message. Sigh- very frustrating. I'm at the point where I'm considering ridiculous solutions like jamming some paper into the rollers, and then removing it. (kidding obviously)

Is there a way to determine where the paper jam signal is being sent from? Thank you again for the help you've provided thusfar.

-Larry

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (8/27/05 10:17 AM) + / -
I've lost my power cord! Please tell me if someone tells you where to get one, i can't even find them on the HP website!
Thanks!

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Larry12 (8/27/05 11:07 AM) + / -
My problem was solved, simply by taking it to someone else's house. Somewhere along the way, my printer's paper jam must have disappeared. Sigh. Just in case someone has a similar problem, I suggest lugging your printer around in a rolling suitcase for a couple of hours. ;)

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by andylat (9/6/05 10:04 AM) + / -
Hi!

I have a problem with a leak from a black ink caridge in an HP 750 PSC that I want to clean.
Do you have any instructions on how to get the case off this printer?
Thanks

THANKS BERT by Restless (9/8/05 9:29 PM) + / -
had a problem with the damn printer, I was about to shoot someone, but thanks to this forum I could find someone with the same problem and the answer to it.

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Denise (9/9/05 10:53 AM) +2 + / -
I have an hp psc 750 that I bought new almost a year ago. Overall it's been great. Yesterday I got a paper jam that I cleared out fine, but afterwards, it tells me I have an incorrect color cartridge installed??? This happened a couple weeks ago and hubby said he just took out the BLACK cartridge, put it back in and it was fine. That doesn't work this time and needless to say, it won't print if this isn't resolved. Also, now the printer is having "hiccups" every 20-30 seconds where the carriage moves to the left and goes right back. I've recycled it, cleaned the contacts and the cartridges. What's next? Buy new cartridges? (will that take care of these hiccups?)
Thanks for your help!

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by jfranson (9/11/05 1:49 AM) + / -
I have the exact same problem and I am just wondering if you found out how to get the printer apart so that it can be cleaned out? I had the top off of mine but still couldn't get everything out.

Re: Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Denise (9/11/05 7:18 AM) + / -
Well I didn't get any responses as to how to fix it, so I ended up buying two new cartridges. When that didn't help (with the hiccups), I uninstalled all of the software and reinstalled it from the disk. That helped with the hiccups, at least.
Now when I try to see the screen display on my computer, it doesn't show up, and when something is printing, the heading on the window is $friendly printer$. Figure that out. LOL
At least it's working now and stopped hiccupping, albeit not a perfect solution.
I didn't have to take the printer apart and I ran the cleaning program as well as a cleaning sheet. Seems to work pretty good now

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (9/12/05 11:01 AM) + / -
i have lost installatiojn disk for hp psc 750 can any1 post a link where i can get the installion dl ???

Re: Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Denise (9/12/05 1:08 PM) + / -
try hp.com, software and driver downloads. Link on bottom right :)

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by sdh174 (9/12/05 5:59 PM) + / -
i was wondering if color cartridges have any input to printing the color gray? i replaced my black cartridge to attempt to get gray to appear, but no dice. I wanted to check with the forum to see if I should replace color before I do.

thanks!

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by darkshadow (9/13/05 2:04 PM) +1 + / -
my dad has an hp psc 750xi and i installed it for him with the disc. it is installed but when i turn it on it says initializing and blinks then shuts off and repeats on and on..any idea how to solve this??

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (9/14/05 12:49 PM) + / -
hello dibbie wood u b able to help me i got a hp psc printer but i ain't got a cd so i can no't use it do u know a web site that i can download the hardware to my pc plz reply

Re: Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Denise (9/14/05 3:33 PM) + / -
see the note from me (Denise) about three replies up from yours :)

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by darkshadow (9/15/05 7:38 PM) + / -
if anyone knows how to fix this, i would really appreciate it my parents keep asking me..

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Elle (9/15/05 8:47 PM) + / -
Okay, so my printer constantly flashes the phrase 'Self Test' in the screen, while the green power light falshes off and on.

I've done the partial reset (holding the left key down while also holding cancel and replugging the power cord); all that happens is it says 'Self Test Partial Reset" and flashes THAT message on and off, then eventually switches back to just flashing "Self Test."

What the heck is going on? I have no idea what to do and it's driving me crazy. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Justmepms (9/25/05 11:45 AM) + / -
I have a HP psc 750 printer. I need to restore my printer. Had a man here working on my computer, was having trouble he unstalled it. Please help me get my psc back.
Have pulled up restore on the internet, having trouble figuring which one helps me fix my problem.
Have a Nice Day
Thank you
Patsy

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Justmepms (9/25/05 11:53 AM) + / -
I have a HP psc 750 printer. I need to restore my printer. Had a man here working on my computer, was having trouble he unstalled it. Please help me get my psc back.
Have pulled up restore on the internet, having trouble figuring which one helps me fix my problem.
Have a Nice Day
Thank you
Patsy

Re: Re: hp psc 750 by DMMalo (10/6/05 1:34 PM) + / -
My printer says the black ink cartridge is wrong but its the right one how can i fix that without buying a new cartridge?

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi EMERGENCY by Anonymous (10/7/05 12:25 AM) + / -
I have to print something for a class of mine but I can't get it to work please help A.S.A.P.

My printer is a psc 750 and it seems like it's printed but it only comes out with blank pages. I tried it in microsoft word and wordpad.. nothing..I also tried printing something from adobe..nothing..The only thing it would print was the Windows logo for "print test page" under printer properties.. And the allignment page..

Re: Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi EMERGENCY by Stephen (10/7/05 4:26 AM) + / -
Perform the Blot Test

Remove cartridge from machine, fold a paper towel back over a couple of times so it is about 4 layers thick, shake cartridge up and down hard, shake it over a sink unless you want to clean ink off the floor.

Now blot the nozzles of the cartridge on the paper towel, for a black cartridge you should see two black stripes, for a color cartridge you should see three colored stripes, if you don't have all stripes the cartridge is clogged or bad.

Have you checked the expiration date on the cartridges you are using?

Are you installing new HP cartridges, or refills?

You may be able to recover a clogged cartridge by swishing the tip in a saucer with a very small amount of warm water, then gently wiping it on a wet paper towel, be gentle the nozzles are delicate.

And do not trust the ink gauge on the PC, cartridges can dry up from the machine just sitting, the cartridges are vented, venting is necessary to let air in so that a vacuum won't develop in the cartridge.

If the Blot Test indicates good cartridges then:

Gently clean the contacts in the carriage, and on the cartridges with a paper towel or coffee filter moistened with water.

HELP by Anonymous (10/10/05 2:51 AM) + / -
i was looking for the software for psc 750 which i had recieved when i purchased. i have now lost the cd and my computer crashed corrupting the files. the printer still prints and scans but i do not have the easy accessabillity which i had had before. how can i get this?

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by mtlguymtl (10/16/05 9:33 PM) +2 + / -
Hello. My printer sends me the message "Insert Black cartridge".
I thought the cartridge was empty but it wasn't and I even tried with a brand new one, and it sends the same message. When i pull out the black cartridge and then put it back, it sends a new message "Open Door. Clear Carriage jam, and then press Enter."
I open the door, (nothing is really jammed). I close the door, i press enter and then the message "Insert Black cartridge" shows up again...

-I cleaned the cartridge and carriage electrical contacts with a cotton.
-The cartridges are the correct ones.

Can someone help me out with this problem? Thank you!

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (10/18/05 8:17 PM) + / -
i need to download files for printer hpoid407

Re: Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (10/18/05 8:19 PM) + / -
i need the installation link for my hp psc 750, can someone help

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Stephen (10/18/05 8:28 PM) + / -
http://h20000.www2.hp.com

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Bill F (10/25/05 9:17 PM) +3 + / -
My HP PSC 750 displays warming up for about 2 minutes then displays scanner failure. I have cleaned the glass (both sides) and bulb / mirror. Have also tried partial reset. please help...

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (11/3/05 8:36 AM) + / -
i print a doc but it deletes it before it prints it

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (11/4/05 5:36 PM) +1 + / -
hey, i have an hp psc 750. it was my parent's and they just shipped it to me, and while setting it up I turned the power on and it says, Open Door, and then under it scrolls 'carriage jam'. i opened it and pressed enter, and the ink cartridges won't slide acroos. they just jolt about. how do i fix this?

hp psc 750 xi by shadow (11/7/05 12:06 AM) + / -
Has anyone tried to get this printer to use the duplex unit? it snaps right into the rear, and the driver can be set to "installed", but... is there maybe a jumper or something that could make it work?

Re: Re: hp psc 750 by roni (11/8/05 10:19 AM) -1 + / -
Hi there!

I am getting the scanner failure, power off and then on again error. The scanner and copier do not work, however the printer does. I have uninstalled and installed the current drivers and software from hp. I have done partial and full resets.

If I push the start scan on the device it tells me scan options are not set up, but does not lead me anywhere to set them up.

Also I have seen notes on to clean the glass and bulb and mirror of the scanner and it could solve the problem, but not how to remove it to get to clean this area.

Re: Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (11/11/05 7:40 AM) + / -
get new parents

Re: Re: Re: hp psc 750 by Anonymous (11/13/05 4:24 PM) + / -
Roni,
I have been having the same problem for months. I tried to take it apart today and broke something. If anyone else knows how to take this apart to clean the glass, please reply. Based on the number of problems I've read about in this forum, I would suggest we all switch to another brand once we decide to trash this piece of JUNK. HP does not deserve our business.

Re: Re: hp psc 750 by colline (11/15/05 5:35 AM) + / -
Hello, I have a HP psc750 that will only print Black or red I have tried a new cartridge but still only red or black, i wonder if anyone knows what the cause is,, very much appreciate some advice.
Colline

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (11/17/05 3:51 PM) + / -
hi rick i was wondering if you found the answer you needed for this problem ?if so could you please help me out i am so stuck with what to do! thank you asap

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (11/21/05 11:20 AM) + / -
Hi Rick

it seems we have the same problem with the HP PSC 750, although yours was a year or so ago.
If you were advised of a fix for this, I'd appreciate the info as it really is getting on my nerves!

Thanks

Graham

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by hpwizard (11/21/05 11:57 AM) + / -
With Rick's problem, you would be advised to clean the underside of the glass, especially the homing strip which the scanner uses to find it's home position. Clean the scanner mirrors as well. This often solves any "scanner" errors.
Hope this helps?!
Dazz UK

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (11/28/05 5:24 PM) + / -
>> The "scan system failure" error message on PSC 750 can occur if the
>> scanner mirrors need to be cleaned which will allow the unit to sense
>> the correct temperature of the scanner bulb. The process is a slightly
>> complicated one, involving dismantling of the all-in-one and request
>> your patience and attention in this regard.
>>
>> NOTE: If you are uncomfortable performing these steps, please contact
>> your nearest Authorized Service Center for a technician's help.
>>
>> To complete the procedure, one needs a Torx driver (I believe the size
>> is TX15x10"), a small phillips screw driver, glass cleaner, and a soft
>> rag. A small slotted screw driver and needle nose pliers can also be
>> helpful.
>>
>> 1. Disconnect the all-in-one from PC and switch it OFF.
>> 2. Disconnect the all-in-one from power source.
>> 3. Start with removal of ADF by tilting it up after unplugging it and
>> lift it off.
>> 4. Then take out the two screws (Torx head) that are on the back of the
>> top deck in the same area as where the ADF unit pins go.
>> 5. Unsnap the front panel covers and unclip the front panel
>> button/display assembly. Refer to Steps 10 through 12.
>> 6. Take it out after disconnecting the ribbon cable.
>> 7. There will be two snaps at the front of the top deck that hold the
>> main glass.
>> 8. Open the front of the machine and reach under with your finger and
>> push up slightly.
>> 9. This will clear the locks and then the whole top deck lifts off.
>>
>> NOTE: The front panel covers are the Nameplate/logo and Bezel panels as
>> found in the HP parts locator on their web site.
>>
>> http://partsurfer.hp.com
>>
>> 10. The bezel comes off quite easily.
>> 11. The nameplate is released by opening the door that allows access to
>> the print cartridge and reaching under the nameplate an inch or so from
>> each end of the nameplate and pushing back the plastic clips.
>> 12. The front panel button/display assembly is called the Control Panel
>> on the parts locator. It comes out by releasing the two clips on its
>> sides and clearing the little knobby in the front.
>> 13. Clean the mirrors inside the back box (there are three plus the
>> "eye".)
>> 14. Clean both sides to be sure and try to keep them within the clips.
>>

Re: Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (11/29/05 3:34 PM) + / -
redownload the printer driver from HP

then reboot.

Had same problem repeatedly...now fixed

Re: Re: hp psc 750 by gayle (12/5/05 7:41 PM) + / -
Co[pying b/w pics working well until I changed cartridges (twice)now prints about one inch of 8x10 in black/white the rest in reddish color. HELP)

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (12/7/05 6:34 PM) + / -
Thanks for the tip! My new cartridge was causing an error and some alcohol and qtips were just the fix!
Helene

hp psc 750 printer scanner copier NOT WORKING by vlkillian (12/11/05 6:37 PM) +1 + / -
Hello!
I have been getting the same error regarding "incorrect black ink cartridge" -- with brand new cartridges! This is the second cartridge that has done this.
After some investigation, we discovered that the cartridges aren't going in as easily as they used to. In addition, new cartridges come out with the copper part gouged.
I just put two brand new cartridges in (a 78 & a 15 = $70!!) and now it will only print yellow from the color cartridge, and won't take the black. I can't even align the cartridges!

Can anyone help me figure out where to begin fixing this?
Thanks!

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (12/14/05 12:34 PM) + / -
I had the same problem. I went to the hp troubleshooting and they said it could be the printer is too cold. I put a heater near it and it worked fine.

Re: Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (12/14/05 1:11 PM) + / -
You might try putting printer in a warmer location. It helped mine.

Re: Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (12/15/05 5:00 AM) + / -
Ive done this and fixed my psc. I found that if you remove the black box( un-plug ribbon cable and disconect from the drive belt) it makes it easier. I also used a small screwdiver and pried(very gently) the "cover" off starting at the edege near the bulb.first one side then the other.You can then easily get to the mirrors. Mine had some red ink on it like somebody had wrote on it.Wierd huh?It had worked a couple of years before with no problems.the accumulation of dirt + the ink must have been the problem.I want to thank this site and the people on it.I love the 750 as it takes the Big ink cartriges that last a long time. You just can't find a new one that will.This site saved my printer. :)

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (12/15/05 2:27 PM) + / -
I am not a tech but through trial and error I figured the problem out.After you pull the paper out of the back of the machine you have to help the roller move with your hand at the same time you hit the enter button (roll the roller in back (of machine) towards you from top of the roller) then red light stops blinking,and you are set after you put the back cover on .It seems no one at Hp has addresed this simple yet very user unfreindly complex problem.Hope this helps,Cary

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (12/21/05 8:07 PM) + / -
One day my scanner stopped scanning. It says options not set. Can anyone tell me what options I need to set it to? thanks

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by PRJams (12/28/05 10:57 AM) + / -
I'm getting the error "incorrect color cartridge installed" and I can not get rid of it. Does anyone has the full reset instructions available or any other suggestuions that can provide some help? The link provided in several threads above is no longer available. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by PRJams (12/28/05 11:00 AM) + / -
I'm getting the error "incorrect color cartridge installed" and I can not get rid of it. Does anyone has the full reset instructions available or any other suggestuions that can provide some help? The link provided in several threads above is no longer available. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Re: hp psc 750 by Rachquel (12/28/05 5:29 PM) +2 + / -
I have a HP PSC 750 and I am getting an error message that says "Error c00e0402, Turn power off and on". When I turn the power off it quickly pops back on and then all the lights on the Printer flashes, and it says the same messages over and over again. Can someone please help me? I am competely losed. I will appreciat any input. Thanks!

Re: Re: hp psc 750 all-in-one by H.Spangler (12/31/05 4:54 PM) + / -
I am looking for a hp psc 750 set up poster.I have been checking all through the HP site and find all kinds of setup info but installing always leads to first set up using the set up poster.
can anyone supply a copy of the set up poster? I would appreciate it very much.
Thank you

Re: Re: Re: hp psc 750 by Anonymous (1/7/06 7:01 PM) + / -
My HP PSC 750 does the same thing if you find out how to stop it please tell me I got projects to do.

Re: hp psc 750 all in one set up by H.Spangler (1/8/06 3:43 PM) + / -
Can someone please tell me the steps to properly set up and install a psc 750 all in one printer/scanner. All instructions keep pointing to the set up poster which you should have but I don't. I haven't been able to successfully install the printer in a windows 98 system.
Thanks
Henry

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by alaxmen (1/9/06 6:46 AM) + / -
I have a problem with my printer where it will not print from the computer. It will scan/copy print but will not from the computer. I have tried reinstalling the driver to no avail. I get every indication that it is going to print then the document just disappears along with the printer icon in the system tray. The PSC manager just states that the printer is ready and to press okay. Does anyone know how to fix this or what the cause is?

Joel

hp psc 750 by amyjwll (1/15/06 4:48 PM) + / -
HELP!!!!

I have an HP PSC 750, I have had it for sometime now, I recently bought a new computer upgrading to windows XP, I could not install my printer with the disk I had that came with my printer, so I went to WWW.HP.COM and downloaded the latet driver and installed fine, now about 1 year later, I am having issues with the printer not wanting to scan for me nor print. When I try to scan something it states scanner error failure please turn printer off an then back on again--something like that. I tried to turn the printer off and back on again, cleaned the glass over and over and over, unplugged the USB port and the power cord, and even unplugged it from the surge protector and plugged it directly into the wall, also I reset the printer, nothing works.

I have downloaded the latest driver from HP today, it tells me that I have the latest driver, and still my printer does not work properly. I can't download the software (700 series) anymore from HP's website, I always get a page that pulls up that says (page cannot be displayed), where else can I download the software? Do you have a link that I could directly download from? I do not want to by a disk, they want like $10.00.

Also since I have put in the new driver for Windows XP, I can't look at how much ink I have used, my toolbox for my printer is not on my computer, must not be able to get it with the 700 series download. Do you any idea how I can get something that will tell me how to check my ink levels??

I am so frusterated please help me to get my printer working.

Thanks for your help in advance!
Amy Jewell

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Cay Horstmann (1/21/06 1:11 PM) + / -
Someone asked how to clean the underside of the glass when you get the dreaded "scanner failure" message on a PSC750.

Here is how I did it.
1) Remove cover by gently rotating back the hinges
2) Use a Torx T-9 screwdriver from Radio Shack to remove two screws in the back
3) Remove the plastic panel that covers the buttons on the right
4) Open the printer as you do when you change the ink
5) Grab the two front corners firmly and lift them up. 6) Carefully slide the gray enclosure out, but be sure not to yank at the ribbon cable on the right
7) Carefully remove the ribbon cable

Now you can clean the underside and put everything back together. (Don't bother putting the screws back as you'll likely have to repeat the process.)

Did it work? Yes, for a day. About as well as giving the printer a good whack. And a lot better than reinstalling the printer driver, which can't really be any help at all.

The ultimate remedy is, of course, to give the thing to a "friend" and buy a better printer from one of the Japanese manufacturers. It's sad...I am old enough to remember when HP products were the best in the world.

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (1/22/06 9:37 AM) + / -
Had problem where scanner was giving error.
re-installed drivers,
removed device,
got new drivers from HP...........etc

Nothing worked.

Cleaned mirrors and everything is working great!

Jim in GB,WI

hp psc 750 color pictures have stripes by Anonymous (1/24/06 5:25 AM) + / -
I have a Hp 750 and originally it printed color really nice but now it always has horizontal stripes thru the pictures. The stripes appear to be reddish - It doesn't seem to matter about putting a new cartridge in, it still does it.
Any ideas?
Tks!

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by muhly (1/25/06 6:54 PM) + / -
Getting the scan failure error. Cleaned the glass top and bottom. Went to clean the scanning mirrors and realized one is broken. It's the one just behind the bulb. it has a small (about 1") triangles taken out of it. The bottom part is still connected. Is the mirror critical; or is it being broken a show stopper?

Thanks.

Mike

Re: hp psc 750 by Dennis Holt (1/27/06 8:22 PM) + / -
Installed new cartridges 78 & 15. Cleaned all contacts with alcohol and cotton sawbs. Reinstalled drivers. Printer never succcessfully alligns, and does not print all colors correctly. Any ideas ???????? Help!!!!!! Don't know what else to do. Please respond. Thanks Dennis.

Re: Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (1/30/06 9:03 PM) + / -
You rock! The mirrors are the whole thing. I did use alcohol and with no problems. I used some compressed air while I was in there to make sure any loose stuff or dust wasn't left in the black box or on the mirrors. Thanks again.

J

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by SthrnMan (2/2/06 12:45 PM) + / -
My PSC 750xi will not print more than one sheet with out jaming now. This started after I was trying to print on some 67# stock and had several jams. The roller in the back seams to be missing rubber on a couple of the wheels. I do not know if this is normal, or if this is something new. Any idea where I can find a picture on line of what they should look like?
Thanks

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by The Drake (3/7/06 6:36 PM) + / -
My PSC 750xi prints fine, copies fine, will not scan. Did until recently. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the latest driver several times.

If I hit scan a few times with nothing happening I'll eventually geta message that says the HP image viewer has encountered a problem and needs to close.

If I hit scan on the unit itself I get a message that says it's not connected to the computer.

Any ideas?

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by bball0076 (3/15/06 10:02 AM) + / -
im having a PSC 750 Scanner failure, is it possiable to show me pics of step by step on how the fix the problem or removing the black cap!
also i kinda removed the long clear/black plastic ribbon type thing, is that a good thing or a bad thing

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi Broken Glass by Anonymous (3/16/06 12:32 PM) + / -
I would hate to price a glass for this, go toa glass cutter with the measurments. Usually they will use double layer glass andcut the right size, it works been doing on copy machines for years

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (3/25/06 4:16 PM) + / -
If anyone happens to come here looking for this...

HOW TO CLEAN THE UNDERSIDE OF THE GLASS:

Open the top (the light grey part) by unscrewing the special screws located at the top left and right sides under the scanner lid with a special tool that is tiny and round with six little grooved edges. I don't know what this is called, it's not an allen screw and it's not the little star looking thing. It would be round except for the tiny grooved gripy edges. Know what I mean? That's how you open it! Good luck : )

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (3/25/06 5:18 PM) + / -
It is a torx bit #10

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (4/5/06 9:16 AM) + / -
I need sofwer drver

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (4/17/06 7:12 PM) + / -
I want to scan a picture but i dont have to disk is there anyway i can do it withought the disk

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (4/20/06 6:13 PM) + / -
There an error in my printer named hp psc 750xi.copieror and scanner are working but there is not printout an documents in my printer,so can you help me?
THANK YOU.

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (4/29/06 5:29 PM) + / -
I was looking at all the answers that have been given and was wondering how exactly do i remove the glass for my scanner? Thanks

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (4/30/06 10:45 AM) + / -
LOL never mind how to clean the glass, it says a few paragraphs up should have looked harder huh? thanks

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (5/12/06 2:24 PM) + / -
Sir,
I have Hp Psc 750xi Printer, but more then a couple of month my printer is not work to print a copy of any documents,When I try to print a copy that time an error comes out and printer is not work to print, ony a copier and scanner are working good.I have no idea how to remove an error from my printer.please let me know what should I do now.
Thank You.

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (5/12/06 2:28 PM) + / -
Sir,
I have Hp Psc 750xi Printer, but more then a couple of month my printer is not work to print a copy of any documents,When I try to print a copy that time an error comes out and printer is not work to print, ony a copier and scanner are working good.I have no idea how to remove an error from my printer.please let me know what should I do now.
Thank You.

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Cshell (5/13/06 6:07 PM) + / -
I have the "Align Printer Cartridge" error that will not go away. I am able to use all of the psc functions. After reading the above threads, would you recommend ignoring the message or should I attempt to reload the driver? I can print a color picture (all 3 colors) but the align printer page only prints yellow. The self-test page prints all colors.

Thx!

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (5/20/06 6:50 AM) + / -
I bought a new HP system, kept my former printer, which is HP PSC 700 series. I am trying to download this to my new system and can't. My former e-mail address was on aol but notified you of my change so please respond to the DNV246@sbcglobal.net. It is not a lap top computer but a regular one with a modem
Thanks

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by eliteinfo (5/25/06 5:17 PM) + / -
the full reset is plug printer in (power) while holding cancel + enter button ...

wait a few second after screen goes blank then press power button then full reset is in progress...

will this fix this issue ...i dont know!

good luck

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by HP SUCKS!!! (6/2/06 4:13 PM) + / -
Well i've tried everything to fix my p.o.s. scanner and finally came to the conclusion that HP All-In-One's SUCK!!! Never again will I buy an HP Printer. It has given my problems since the day I got it.
Anybody agree With Me???

hp psc 750 by amyjwll (6/7/06 7:25 PM) + / -
PLEASE HELP! I NEED TO REINSTALL MY PRINTERS DRIVERS AND THE SOFTWARE, I'VE TRIED TO DOWNLOAD THE DRIVERS AND THE SOFTWARE FROM HP'S WEBSITE, IT ALWAYS SAYS THE PAGE CAN'T BE DISPALYED. COULD SOMEONE PLEASE EMAIL ME THE SOFTWARE SO I COULD DOWNLOAD IT STRAIGHT TO MY COMPUTER. I HAVE A HP PSC 750 ALL IN ONE, NO FAX THOUGH. WHEN I TRY TO PRINT DOCUMENTS IT STATES THE THE USB IN NOT RECGNOIZED. PLEASE HELP ME, I HAVE TALKED TO HP AND THEY SEEM TO BE NO HELP, THEY TOLD ME TO PUT MY COMPUTER IN SAFE MODE AND DELETE THE DRIVER, I HAVE NO IDEA AS TO WHICE ONE. PLEASE HELP.
THANKS AMY J

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (6/8/06 6:40 PM) + / -
Wholly toledo!!! The reset thing worked.

hp psc 750 xi by K.La (6/17/06 7:00 PM) + / -

my whole computer was moved into my computer room & i lost the scanner disk & directions and i pluged in my whole scanner & the copy works but nothing else .. i want to scan & everytime i try to do that it says options not set up and i dont know how to set up anything .. so can you please help me? oh and i think its styll installed in my computer because i can go to the scanner place. thank you

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by lytsim1@bellsouth (6/18/06 11:42 AM) + / -
If anyone has any suggestions other than buying a new printer. After a bad storm I had to do a complete recovery on my computer and now my printer no longer works. It shows "HP disconnected" under status. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Hp but now the printer won't even turn on and the USB cord and power cord are connected. Any suggestions??

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (6/23/06 11:27 AM) + / -
I get the printer alignment failed, what can I do to get the printer to align?

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Kumi (7/4/06 12:06 PM) + / -
So...My dad gave me his old printer/scanner/photocopier. The thing is my stepmom cant find the installation disk. Any websites I can get it from?

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (7/9/06 10:02 PM) + / -
need to get driver to connect my hp psc 750xi to my dell computter desck top with xp.

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by anon. (7/16/06 3:35 PM) +1 + / -
i have a problem with my scanner. everything else works fine (the printer, photocopier, etc.) but everytime i try to scan something, it waits about 2 minutes and then shows a message that says this: "scanning error. cannot connect to PC. press enter to continue." is there a special cord or something that you need? or a program maybe? what can i do to fix this problem? your help would be very much appreciated. thanks. =)

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by KCK (7/22/06 6:34 PM) + / -
I have a HP PSC 750 printer. I recently had to restore my harddrive due to a virus. I have reinstalled my printer drivers and can print fine, however when I try to scan I am missing the HP ImageViewer software. Pushing the scan button does not launch anything on my machine. Anyone know where I can find the HP ImageViewer software on the web or another option? Thanks in advance.

Re: hp psc 750 by Anonymous (7/22/06 6:40 PM) + / -
Try this link if someone else has not already responded. You can at least get drivers here.

Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (7/22/06 6:50 PM) + / -
K.LA, Did you ever get a response to message? I am having the same problem.

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by anonymous (8/6/06 8:17 AM) + / -
my hp psc 750 xi printer scanner copier will print in blank and color but will not copy or scan. Can someone help me with this?

hp psc 750 by Kwoof (8/12/06 1:12 AM) + / -
Recently, I have tried to print forms I've had with lines drawn in them. (graphics?) The table, and row lines are not there anymore even tho it shows on the screen. It only prints the words now. When I get to the part that says print as laid out on screen, it is in greyscale and won't let me click it but the button is checked where it says print tables seperatly. Window's xp gives me options that aren't there. It tells me I should most likly add memory to the device. but the options won't allow this. the thing was working properly before! What could I be missing? I've spent many days trying to work this problem. You seem like the one to ask. HELP! please. and thanx in advance.

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (8/31/06 5:59 PM) + / -
I've had my psc 750 for four years and it has been a very good printer until recently. I have a home business so I do a lot of printing. Recently I have been getting scanner failure, I unplugged overnight and it was fine the next day. Now the unplugging doesn't work and now it won't let me print or copy. Is it time for a new printer?

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by n00bz0r1337 (9/19/06 1:25 PM) + / -
I love Discontinued HP Printers ;-)

Re: Re: hp psc 750 by Anonymous (10/2/06 5:30 PM) + / -
wut does error c00e0402 mean?

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Anonymous (10/4/06 11:27 PM) + / -
I have a similar problem. Everything is solved by doing the following:
Press and hold Cancel and the Left Arrow while plugging in the power cord.

Re: Re: hp psc 750 by LesJ (11/8/06 1:53 PM) + / -
Having a few problems. Wonder if anyone out there can help.
When printing or copying the paper seems to be pulled to one side and ends up badly mis-alligned and practically unreadable. As if this isn't bad enough it is usually accompanied by a raspng grating sound as if its cogs in the gear box of an old car!
Has the old girl had her chips (the printer, not me!) or is there still hope?

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by Stephen (edited 2/28/07 10:32 AM) + / -
Clean the rollers, encoder strip carriage rail and service station, then lubricate the carriage rail and you'll probably get another few thousand pages.

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/specials/misc/chemicals/S03

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/specials/misc/chemicals/S93

Search the forums for encoder strip and carriage rail and you'll find plenty of instructions.

HP PSC 750 Disassembly? by Bert (5/4/05 3:19 PM) reply + / -
PSC 750 and 950 removing the case

Removing the scanner
1. Open the printer as if changing the ink cartridges.
2. There are two latches that limit the rotation angle of the scanner. Push them inward and the scanner will rotate to approximately 90 degrees
3. There is a small snap-on cover in center in line with the hinges. Remove it and unplug the ribbon cables.
4. Lift the scanner straight up.

Removing the case
1. Remove the upper case that is under the scanner. It is held in place T10 Torx head screws.
2. Remove the two side pieces. They can be a little tricky so patience is required. There are slots on both in the front and rear on the underside. Insert a slot style screwdriver into each slot and push toward the center of the printer. When the latch releases, the associated side will rotate toward the outside of the printer. Removing each side piece is a two step process, i.e. their front and rear latches must be released before they can be removed. Avoid the temptation to slam the printer against the wall.

procedure for cleaning the service station is similar to the 900 series:

Cleaning the 900 Series Service Station

If you have and ink spill
Use a garden hose adjusted to a slow trickle to wash the ink out of the mechanism. Avoid getting water on the electronics boards, motors, and carriage. Dry the mechanism before reassembly. I use a sunny place.

Before You Begin
You will need a T10 Torx driver and some latex gloves if you want to avoid getting ink on your hands once the case has been removed.

Remove the Case
1. Remove the two screws in the top of the case
2. Remove the rear access door and press the release tab in both upper corners of the opening.
3. Open the hinged cover and release the two "claw" latches using a slot screwdriver. One is in front of the Service Station and the other is on the opposite side in the same relative position. These are a bit tricky to release but patience will prevail.

Remove the Power Supply
1. Remove the power-input plug from its bracket by pressing the two latches
2. Remove the screw securing the power supply and the plastic box surrounding it.
3. From the front in the general area of the carriage belt, depress the latch that holds the box and power supply in place and slide the assembly out horizontally.

Removing the Service Station
1. Unplug the connector from the carriage drive motor.
2. Unplug the connector from the main electronics board.
3. Viewed from the front, remove the red screw from right side of the service station.
4. Remove the screw in the vertical frame to the right of the carriage drive motor.
5. Remove the screw in the vertical frame to the left of the belt tensioner.
6. Looking from the top, remove the two screws going through the carriage rod.
7. The vertical frame will now hinge up and come free of mechanism.
8 Looking from the front, there is a large latch on the right side of the service station. The wiring obscures it. Using a slot style screwdriver, release the latch and the service station will rotate CCW and lift out. Unplug the motor connector to free the service station from the mechanism.

Cleaning the Service Station.
1. Remove the service station motor by removing one screw.
2. Scrap as much congealed ink as possible from the service station.
3. Immerse the service station in hot water to dissolve the remaining ink. This will take a while but after a few rinsings nearly all of the ink will be removed.

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by gilhouse (12/10/06 8:24 PM) +2 + / -
Bert,
I have the "hp psc 750 incorrect black cartridge installed" error message when I install a new black cartridge. Two stores have sold me an hp 45 black cartridge. The old one is a 15. Are 45's interchangeable with 15's, or is that my problem - I'm loading the wrong cartridge? They look absolutely identical, and two different stores have sold me the 45 when I asked for help in selecting one (Office Depot and Fred Meyer).
thanks
-gilhouse

Re: Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by 7snake (edited 1/4/07 11:46 PM) + / -
Those disassembly instructions were quite helpful. Thank you.

I successfully repaired a weird problem with my printer's paper loader that was causing paper jams, even if the paper loader was empty! I had to figure out how to open some parts of the printer, but that wasn't too bad.

When I fixed the problem, I was shocked to find the "Scanner Failure" problem, and thought that it was the end of the road. I tried reconecting the stupid cables on the scanner, but that did not work.

But then, I tried opening the scanner and reconnecting the cables from the inside of the scanner. That did the trick. Maybe this would help others who are getting the "Scanner Failure" problem.

- 7snake

Re: Re: hp psc 750 xi by gtfranz (1/22/07 7:27 PM) + / -
Mine keeps saying to remove and check color cartridge and I do that, but nothing seems to be wrong with it so I replace it and nothing. I went and bought a new cartridge and it still gives me the same error message after installing that one. What should I do to fix this?

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters