fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

HP Laserjet 4L , no power

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

HP Laserjet 4L , no power by geno (9/7/04 5:33 PM) reply + / -
My hewlett packard laserjet 4L has none of the four lights illuminating and I can't get a print out of it. The power cord does have power to it (checked with an ohm meter). I tried to find another reset button but couldn't. Nothing in the manual as well.

Re: HP Laserjet 4L , no power by moe (9/7/04 7:36 PM) reply + / -
If it's totally dead, then it would be the controller board. There are a couple of 3ag fuses on it, but it's never that simple. To get the board out, you have to remove the case, the fuser assy. and the formatter board off of the side. Then there's about 7 or 8 screws holding the board on the bottom of the printer. There are also 2 ground straps under the formatter that have screws holding the board.

Re: HP Laserjet 4L , no power by mark (10/7/04 9:13 PM) reply + / -
Where is a good place to get a controller board?

Re: HP Laserjet 4L , no power by moe (10/8/04 9:16 AM) reply + / -
email me. I've got a few working ones.

Re: Re: HP Laserjet 4L , no power by Anonymous (11/7/05 8:22 AM) reply + / -
Moe,

Read the thread on the 4L Controller board. I've had this printer for over eight years and love it. There's power to the printer but no led lights. I probably need a contoller board if you have any. Anything else you think I might check would be helpful.

Thanks
Roy Maynard
rlead44@aol.com

Re: HP Laserjet 4L , no power by Agzo (6/14/06 12:17 PM) reply + / -
DO you think the controller board could be my problem. It is an older printer that worked great, until I changed the toner cartiage and try to fix a paper jam. Once the paper jam was removed it would no longer power up. Can anyone help?
Thanks in Advance
Angel

Re: HP Laserjet 4L , no power by dianewms (7/3/06 8:52 PM) reply + / -
My 4L died recently, too. I was thinking the power supply. Is it worth getting a new controller board? It's got to be 10 years old. (Toner cartridges cost $70 now! But I still have a spare one!)
Thanks for any info.

Re: HP Laserjet 4L , no power by glortoth (10/17/10 3:35 PM) reply + / -
My printer stopped working when the electricity went out for an hour. Can anything be done for it?

HP Laserjet 4L , no power by mborch (8/14/11 12:10 PM) reply + / -
moe,
I am requesting info on the power supply board mentioned. Do you have a working one for me?
What is the warranty?
How much does it cost?
What sipping do you use?
Mborch

Re: HP Laserjet 4L , no power by moe (8/15/11 8:42 AM) reply + / -
Sorry, don't have any in stock.

Re: HP Laserjet 4L , no power by paulac (4/11/12 1:42 PM) reply + / -
My 4L has no power ever since I fixed the last paper jam. If you know of an available power supply/controller board, please let me know the details. thanks much.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters