asked Sep 7, 2004 at 5:33pm
Hp HP LaserJet 4L

HP Laserjet 4L , no power

My hewlett packard laserjet 4L has none of the four lights illuminating and I can't get a print out of it. The power cord does have power to it (checked with an ohm meter). I tried to find another reset button but couldn't. Nothing in the manual as well.
If it's totally dead, then it would be the controller board. There are a couple of 3ag fuses on it, but it's never that simple. To get the board out, you have to remove the case, the fuser assy. and the formatter board off of the side. Then there's about 7 or 8 screws holding the board on the bottom of the printer. There are also 2 ground straps under the formatter that have screws holding the board.
by moe on Sep 7, 2004 at 7:36pm Add comment
Where is a good place to get a controller board?
by mark on Oct 7, 2004 at 9:13pm Add comment
email me. I've got a few working ones.
by moe on Oct 8, 2004 at 9:16am Add comment

Read the thread on the 4L Controller board. I've had this printer for over eight years and love it. There's power to the printer but no led lights. I probably need a contoller board if you have any. Anything else you think I might check would be helpful.

Roy Maynard
[email protected]
- Anonymous
I am requesting info on the power supply board mentioned. Do you have a working one for me?
What is the warranty?
How much does it cost?
What sipping do you use?
Mborch - mborch
DO you think the controller board could be my problem. It is an older printer that worked great, until I changed the toner cartiage and try to fix a paper jam. Once the paper jam was removed it would no longer power up. Can anyone help?
Thanks in Advance
by Agzo on Jun 14, 2006 at 12:17pm Add comment
My 4L died recently, too. I was thinking the power supply. Is it worth getting a new controller board? It's got to be 10 years old. (Toner cartridges cost $70 now! But I still have a spare one!)
Thanks for any info.
by dianewms on Jul 3, 2006 at 8:52pm Add comment
My printer stopped working when the electricity went out for an hour. Can anything be done for it?
by glortoth on Oct 17, 2010 at 3:35pm Add comment
Sorry, don't have any in stock.
by moe on Aug 15, 2011 at 8:42am Add comment
My 4L has no power ever since I fixed the last paper jam. If you know of an available power supply/controller board, please let me know the details. thanks much.
by unknown on Apr 11, 2012 at 1:42pm Add comment