fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

HP LASER JET 4300

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

HP LASER JET 4300 by Roberto (8/25/04 5:27 PM) reply+1 + / -
Constant error code message 59.4 any feedback?

Thank You

Re: HP LASER JET 4300 by Stephen (8/25/04 5:32 PM) reply + / -
Toner cartridge motor problem.

Could be a bad toner cartridge.

Re: HP LASER JET 4300 by Anonymous (9/1/04 7:42 AM) reply + / -
hp 4300 error 68.8 permanent storage full message on power up any help out there???

Re: HP LASER JET 4300 by dmzcompute (9/1/04 8:03 AM) reply + / -
I would try a NVRAM reset. Remove any installed accessories (example stapler/stacker). Turn the printer off. Hold the down arrow while powering on the printer until all three lights come on and stay on. Press the up arrouw button. Press the pause/resume button. The display should show skip disk load. Press up arrow unitl NVRAM INIT is highlighted. Press select. NVRAM will be initialized and the printer will go through normal startup sequesnce. If this does not work you may need a new formatter. Also any custom setting different than factory default you programmed into the printer will be lost and have to be done again.

Re: HP LASER JET 4300 by bf4k3 (7/6/05 7:25 AM) reply + / -
error code message 59.4 is a problem with Toner cartridge motor - Motor M102 (reference of part for 4300 printers: RH7-1576-020CN)

You can try an other cartridge, and start printer without cartridge if problem persists you need to change the M102 motor with the reference above.

Thanks and regards

Re: Re: HP LASER JET 4300 by Anonymous (6/19/07 11:39 AM) reply + / -
I held down the select button until all the lights stayed on. I hit the up arrow, but when I hit "Pause/Resume" button, nothing happens. The screen stays at New Maintance Kit. I have an HP4300.

Re: Re: Re: HP LASER JET 4300 by Anonymous (6/19/07 11:41 AM) reply + / -
I'm sorry, I misread that. You said the "Down arrow." Unfortunatly, that did not help either.

Re: Re: Re: HP LASER JET 4300 by moe (6/19/07 12:41 PM) reply + / -
1. Use the following Pin Codes:
For LaserJet 4200 (11420002)
For LaserJet 4300 (11430002)

2. Press the SELECT Button to open the Menus.

3. Now use the UP Arrow or DOWN Arrow Buttons to scroll to SERVICE.

4. Once at SERVICE, Press the SELECT Button.

5. Now press the UP or DOWN Arrow Buttons until the first digit of the Pin Code appears.

6. Now press the SELECT Button to save that digit

7. Repeat this selection procedure until the entire eight (8) digit Pin Code is saved.

8. The Service Sub Menu will appear on the display of the Printer.

9. Now use the UP and DOWN Arrows to scroll to the Maintenance Item on the Service Sub Menu and press the SELECT Button.

10. Now you can set the number of pages since the last Maintenance Kit was installed.

11. The printer automatically exits the Service Menu after about one (1) minute if no Buttons are pressed. You can also hit the PAUSE/RESUME Button to exit.

Re: HP LASER JET 4300 by Anonymous (6/20/07 10:26 AM) reply + / -
I got the NVRAM reset to work, kinda. Now it just says there's a paper jam in it. First it said it's jammed under the toner, and then after I put the lid back down, it says it's jammed inside rear door. I can't find the jam where it says it should be, and it does not get past the 2nd paper jam message.

Re: HP LASER JET 4300 by moe (6/20/07 12:03 PM) reply + / -
Open the back door. You'll see the fuser assembly at the bottom. There are 4 rubber rollers on a shaft. Above that is a pivoting plastic plate with 4 plastic rollers. Push up on that plate. In the center, you'll see the plastic paper exit sensor arm sticking up. It should be in the rearmost position. You can pull on it with your finger and it should spring back vertical. If it was stuck in the down position, the printer would think a piece of paper was holding it down.

Re: HP LASER JET 4300 by Stephen (6/20/07 7:15 PM) reply + / -
If it's a 13.20 error it's probably a stuck flag behind tray 1.

Re: HP LASER JET 4250 by dariazo (9/3/07 3:59 PM) reply + / -
Necesito si por favor me pueden pasar pin codes de hp laser jet 4250
Gracias

Re: HP LASER JET 4300 by Tahir Mobeen Lodhi (9/27/07 9:25 PM) reply + / -
please define the error about the 49.4 service error in HP Laser jet 4300dtn Printer.

Re: HP LASER JET 4250 by GavinGPR (10/3/07 7:34 AM) reply + / -
Hi I need to clear the code replace maintnance kit on the HP LJ4250

Re: HP LASER JET 4300 by Anonymous (10/3/07 8:14 AM) reply + / -
You don't need to do anything if you don't say 'Please'
Have you replaced the maintenance kit?

Re: HP LASER JET 4300 by Stephen (10/3/07 9:36 AM) reply + / -
To clear maintenance message on 4250:

Power off

Wait 5 seconds

Power on

When ****s start appearing press and hold green button.

Display lights will flicker, and then all 3 lights will come on solid. (this takes a few seconds)

Release button

use arrow keys to find reset

Press green button

To clear maintenance message on 4200/4300:

Power off

Wait 5 seconds

Press and hold green button.

Power on

Display lights will flicker, and then all 3 lights will come on solid. (this takes a few seconds)

Release button

use arrow keys to find reset

Press green button

Re: HP LASER JET 4250 and HP Color 3800 Printer Er by Percy (edited 10/25/07 6:00 AM) reply + / -
thread deleted

Re: HP LASER JET 4300 by moe (10/24/07 5:37 PM) reply + / -
You should have started your own thread or did a search of the forum.
http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/printer/39292#1

Re: HP LASER JET 425000 by Michael A Taylor (11/16/07 2:45 PM) reply + / -
I have a paper jam in tray 2 that will not clear. I have removed a page that was jammed in the printer but now the paper jam error will not clear.

Re: HP LASER JET 4300 by dmzcompute (11/16/07 4:44 PM) reply + / -
You probably still have some paper in the path in back of the manual feeder. You could try to stick a stiff folder up the feed channel to see if you can free what is there. Also there is a sensor flag located on the feed assembly which if the paper is not pulled up towards the toner cartridge, but pulled back towards the tray when jamed, sometimes get stuck in the down position. The folder may free it but most times you have to remove the tray 1 assembly to get to it and put it back in the right position. Not an easy job and you will need the service manual if you have never removed it before.

Re: HP LASER JET 4300 by cmccdk (1/31/08 10:14 AM) reply + / -
Had a 4250 with 68.2 permanent storage error on LCD upon bootup. Event log called the error 68 8202 printer error. Tried, Nvram init, cold reset, hard drive init, replaced formatter and Dimm, none of that fixed it.

What did fix it was replacing the DC controller.

Re: HP LASER JET 4300 by tcosmas (11/5/08 11:42 AM) reply + / -
Is there any way through vb code or otherwise to set the paper types?

We have users that insist on playing with the settings and it would be nice to have a script to send to the printer so that the paper type (i.e., plain, letterhead, etc.) can be reset remotely.

Thanks.

Re: HP LASER JET 4300 by philiptory (edited 3/9/09 2:01 AM) reply + / -
I printed a sheet of labels. One of the labels came off the backing sheet inside the printer. How do I find it and remove it please?

Re: HP LASER JET 4300 by DMcV (12/1/09 9:39 AM) reply + / -
Printer error 82.0180 EIO 2 error

Any idea what this means and how to fix it?

Re: HP LASER JET 4300 by moe (12/1/09 9:52 AM) reply + / -
JetDirect card in slot 2. Pull it out. Take the plastic front off, it's held by 2 torx screws. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Put a crumpled aluminum foil ball in each corner to support it on a baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes and let cool.

Re: Re: HP LASER JET 4300 by nesi (1/4/10 6:27 PM) reply + / -

You said: JetDirect card in slot 2. Pull it out. Take the plastic front off, it's held by 2 torx screws. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Put a crumpled aluminum foil ball in each corner to support it on a baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes and let cool.

Seriously? I love these type of fixes...tossing a hard drive into the freezer, packing it in dry ice, dropping a machine from 13 inches in order to reseat some of the connections.

Baking? Serious? You could be my next hero....

Re: HP LASER JET 4300 by dmzcompute (1/4/10 8:22 PM) reply + / -
Moe is serious. It works.

Re: HP LASER JET 4300 by RobertCullen (2/18/10 11:42 AM) reply + / -
Response to post from Nesi and Moe:

Baking the JetDirect card for 8 minutes at 350 degrees F. This really works. Just finished testing the baked card, and it works perfectly.

Moe, many thanks!

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters